[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

One of my favorite scenes from today's rewatch of ep 13 and 14

Alam

cr: 

Hard to believe next week is the last week :criesariver:I've so enjoyed rewatching the drama with other chingus.  @syntyche and I are working on a poll after the last episode, so stay on after next week.

• Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

No matter how many times I watch TKEM I still don’t know what it is that Tae Eul asks Luna to steal from the police station for her. I don’t know if I am being really thick but I can’t work it out! It can’t be the half of the flute because Shin-Jae has it. The only other thing I could think of is 

Tae-Eul’s police badge. I know some of you are rewatching it so please can tell me what it is- I will be very grateful!!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

No matter how many times I watch TKEM I still don’t know what it is that Tae Eul asks Luna to steal from the police station for her. I don’t know if I am being really thick but I can’t work it out! It can’t be the half of the flute because Shin-Jae has it. The only other thing I could think of is 

Tae-Eul’s police badge. I know some of you are rewatching it so please can tell me what it is- I will be very grateful!!

My understanding is JTE asked Luna to steal Lee Rim from prison. Because we saw here at the police station after.

Maybe anyone here have different opinion? 

:blush:

• Like 4

9 warmest bromances that will hold the hearts of viewers forever

The King: Eternal Monarch tells the story of two relationships between young men in parallel dimensions. It begins with the relationship between Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and Jo Young (Woo Do Hwan), the head of the Goryeo Kingdom's bodyguard. Both of them have been friends since childhood. And Jo Young himself was extremely loyal to the emperor. In addition, there was another relationship between the two young men, as Lee Gon meets Jo Eun Seob, Jo Young's counterpart in another parallel dimension of the Republic of Korea. The story was even more fun as the two figures from different dimensions met.

spacer.png

https://www.iphone-droid.net/netflix-series-9-relationship/

• Like 6

Jung Hyun Joon has created his own charm with his cute appearance and emotional acting ability

spacer.png

Jung Hyun Joon is currently one of the most sought-after child stars of Korean films. At the end of 2019, he won first place in the poll of Favorite Child Actor. In 2020, he made his mark with the childhood version of Lee Min Ho in the drama, "The King: Eternal Monarch." After four years of acting, he has appeared in 14 films.

spacer.png

Jung Hyun Joon is close with Lee Min Ho in the behind the scenes of "The King: Eternal Monarch." He has collaborated with many other A-list stars.

https://ngoisao.net/my-nam-10-tuoi-cua-phim-mine-4287342.html

• Like 5

Fans Failed to Move on from The King: Eternal Monarch Drama Because of These 4 Things!

The King: Eternal Monarch has indeed ended. However, this Korean drama is still so warm in the hearts of its lovers. Especially, for fans of the handsome actor Lee Min Ho. Written by famous Korean screenwriter, Kim Eun Sok, this drama has successfully become a conversation everywhere.

If you continue to follow the plot, you will be invited to enter a new world that has never existed in other Korean dramas.

Even though it ended a year ago, here are 4 things you can't forget about The King: Eternal Monarch.

1. Unique Story Idea

Spoiler

spacer.png

Telling the love story between Lee Gon ( Lee Min Ho ) and Jung Ta Eul ( Kim Go Eun) , this drama combines romance, fantasy, and science fiction. The King: Eternal Monarch presents a fresh story that no Korean drama has yet. You will be curious about the story that will happen next in each episode.

2. Amazing Visual Effects and Cinematography

Spoiler

spacer.png

When watching it, you will be spoiled with amazing visual effects and cinematography in this drama. Everything that feels unreal, seems to be a reality. It can even make you shake your head in disbelief.

Several scenes such as the stop of time, the secret door opening another world, as well as colorful scenery are the main attraction in this drama. 

3. Each Character Plays Two Roles

spacer.png

Carrying the story of a parallel world, namely the Republic of Korea, and the Kingdom of Corea, making the players in this drama play two different roles. Like the characters Jo Young and Jo Eun Seop played by Woo Do Hwan .

If in the kingdom of Corea, Jo Young is a bodyguard of king Lee Gon, in the Republic of Korea he lives as Jo Eun Seop, a friend of Jung Ta Eul. Likewise with other players who are present in two different worlds. The differences in each character create its own sensation when you watch it. Playing two different roles, also shows the skills and abilities of the actors.

4. Bromance Between Lee Min Ho and Woo Do Hwan

spacer.png

The King: Eternal Monarch also presents a bromance story between Lee Min Ho and Woo Do Hwan. The closeness of the two, both on and off the camera, managed to make the audience flutter with their relationship.

In the drama, the relationship between the two is also more than that of a king and his bodyguard. Living together in the palace since childhood, their relationship has been so close. In fact, every scene of the two always manages to steal attention.

Well, those were 4 things that can't be forgotten from the drama The King: Eternal Monarch. 

https://kumparan.com/seleb-update/drakor-the-eternal-monarch-bikin-gagal-move-on-karena-4-hal-ini-1vrbfwDUW9J/full

Immerse yourself in the Music of 25 Popular Korean Movies

Not only are the plots attractive, the soundtrack also contributes significantly to the success of popular Korean films. From the overwhelming emotions of first love, the broken pain in love, or the moments that make people full of excitement and hope, all are encapsulated in the diverse melodies of the songs. 

Here are some playlists of soundtracks from popular Korean dramas so you can listen to them at times of relaxation or need a little more inspiration.

THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH (2020)
Along with the luxurious royal storyline, the soundtrack of The King: Eternal Monarch has an elegant, classic tone that takes you into a completely different world. In addition, the drama's emotional love songs make listeners feel like they're in love again.

Some notable songs: Orbit – Hwasa, I Just Want to Stay With You – Zion.T, Heartbreak – Gaeko and Kim Na Young, You're My End and My Beginning – Onestar and Kim Jae Hwan and My Love – Gummy.

https://www.elle.vn/the-gioi-van-hoa/phim-han-quoc-co-nhac-phim-xuat-sac-nhat

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Last weekend of the TKEM rewatch!  I've ask Lmangla for one last poll which should be up soon.  There is also a "what if.." question that @syntyche will post.  I hope everyone has enjoyed the rewatch of TKEM!

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Last weekend of the TKEM rewatch!  I've ask Lmangla for one last poll which should be up soon.  There is also a "what if.." question that @syntyche will post.  I hope everyone has enjoyed the rewatch of TKEM!

Poll is up! thanks to @CarolynH for the poll inputs. have fun chingus on your last weekened. hope it was a fun ride. :D 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

7 Lee Min-ho Movies and Shows You Need To Watch This 2021:  TKEM And More

In this article, Tatler lists some of Min-ho's most notable movies and series.

1/7The King: Eternal Monarch

spacer.png

A handsome man riding a white horse is a picture you can only see in every girl's fairytale fantasy. Luckily, the producers of The King: Eternal Monarch has brought this dream to life with Min-ho. 

Released in 2020, the series follows the mind-boggling time adventure of Emperor Lee Gon (Min-ho), the king who rules the fabled country of Corea. In his journey, he meets and falls in love with detective Jung Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun) whom he recognizes from an identification card he obtained as a child during his father's assassination.

PS: The best part of the series is in episode 11 (wink, wink). 

https://ph.asiatatler.com/life/7-lee-min-ho-movies-and-shows-you-have-to-watch

• Like 4

6 Korean Drama Recommendations Themed Fantasy 

The King: Eternal Monarch (2020)

The drama is rich in fantasy telling about parallel worlds. It tells the story of a king of the Kingdom of Corea named Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) who witnesses as a child his uncle killing his father. A few years later, he finds the gateway to a parallel world where his uncle escaped. While in the parallel world, he meets Jeong Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun).

https://www.kompas.com/tren/read/2021/06/05/203100365/6-recommendation-drama-korea-fantasy?page=all

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 6/4/2021 at 11:27 PM, syntyche said:

Thanks, @Lmangla and @CarolynH for the poll.

Thanks chingus for joining the rewatch. As we relive this epic series, how about taking a shot at this what if question:

"What would have happened if Lee Gon married PM Koo Seo-Ryeong?"  

Thanks for setting it up @CarolynH, enjoyed watching and discussing with the group.  Really fun.

If LG married the PM, he would get an heir from her within a year and then promptly divorce her.  :D.

Or he would divorce her within a month.  She would sue him for half of his wealth.

There was a comment that LMH City Hunter's hair style did not age well.  I did like it and I still do like it.  It does suit him.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

I think possibly the favorite scene from the rewatch party

cr:  JD Wander

@Min2206 was commenting on how she enjoyed watching LMH run.  We all love the tight tight hug:heart:

@syntyche let me think about the what if question.  Here is another one:  What if LG and the PM had kids?:wut:

Farewell King Lee Gon, the most handsome King in Corea.... wait there's only one King---do over---the most handsome King in the world:kiss_wink:

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

On 6/5/2021 at 1:27 PM, syntyche said:

Thanks, @Lmangla and @CarolynH for the poll.

Thanks chingus for joining the rewatch. As we relive this epic series, how about taking a shot at this what if question:

"What would have happened if Lee Gon married PM Koo Seo-Ryeong?" 

My take is this will turns LG life into thriller story. Since PM was ambitious and greedy, she might ended up having plan to killed LG to becoming a solo queen and have power forever

:crazymad:

But since LG is smart he will

knew it and put her in prison before it happened 

:popcornjackson:

• LOL 3

17 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I think possibly the favorite scene from the rewatch party

cr:  JD Wander

@Min2206 was commenting on how she enjoyed watching LMH run.  We all love the tight tight hug:heart:

@syntyche let me think about the what if question.  Here is another one:  What if LG and the PM had kids?:wut:

Farewell King Lee Gon, the most handsome King in Corea.... wait there's only one King---do over---the most handsome King in the world:kiss_wink:

LG would spoil the kids to death while JTE will be a strict mom :D

22 hours ago, ATW said:

My take is this will turns LG life into thriller story. Since PM was ambitious and greedy, she might ended up having plan to killed LG to becoming a solo queen and have power forever

I like it @ATW:smort:  That's so true that the PM never cared for LG; she really wanted the title.  

• Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 12:09 PM, ATW said:

I think LG is smart enough to not even fall to the trap of marrying PM. Because, right, PM would only manipulate things to suit her way and eventually take over the throne. LG has so much class to put PM to her right place and make her recognize his power as king.  

Thanks everyone for joining the rewatch. Will miss these hugs by LG. And of course him and his unbreakable sword :heart:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2