[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I agree that ratings matter but whether you like a drama or not is based on your personal taste. There are many high rated dramas I haven't watched because I didn't like. Ratings do not decide which drama is good or bad. Moreover, ratings are not in our hands so let's not crib about it instead enjoy the drama. 

So we have 3 more characters. Thanks to ohcloe

y1xs1jR.jpg

uLywBNt.jpg

QUXyr41.jpg

• Like 11

What a cool parallel worlds :w00t:

Cannot wait to see the scene face to face between Luna and L-JTE, one is the criminal the other one is a police officer.

I bet the one who will capture Luna if not that Royal Guard Jo Young then the Model Prime Minister - LOL

Then I would love to transfer Luna to the Republic of Korea world so JTE could stay with the King.

We still haven't seen King Lee Gon profile in Republic world, have we? can we make him (King Lee Gon) as an actor Lee Min Ho?. LOL

IU has song called Friday :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, kiklaminHo said:

why Ta eul looks dumbfounded when she meets Prime Minister ? Is she someone she knows from her world ?

I feel that too. But I think it's because she's surprised that she finally meets her in person. She saw her passed by the street before. And since they end it there. So I guess that's how it look like. I wonder... what would be TE's reaction to her welcome gestures. She shows up abruptly and put everyone in awkward situation while she herself are so confident and stands all high. Seriously, I can't stand how she boosts around like she's the queen here. Lol. I hope TE puts her back in places.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Lee Min Ho & Kim Go Eun Share Fleeting Kiss In Episode 5 Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

SURPRISE, SURPRISE! – IT IS ONLY EPISODE 5 – BUT LEE MIN HO AND KIM GO EUN BROUGHT FANS TO CLOUD NINE IN THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH!

Tackling their emotions head on, the love pairing of The King: Eternal Monarch engage to a tacit understanding that they share an evident special bond. It is hard not to fawn over Kim Go Eun and her character Jung Tae Eul. The way she opt not to overthink the process of getting attached to someone show her character’s unfazed attitude.

The King Eternal Monarch Episode Recaps: 1&2, 3&4

Upon entering Lee Gon’s Kingdom, she gets the validation that the handsome emperor was not blabbing nonsense after all. She is even cheeky to bring back the joke of not eating food unless someone eats it first for her. Asserting she is “alice in wonderland”, her sassiness just makes Lee Gon adore her even more.

FIRST FLEETING KISS

Imposing his power as the King, Lee Gon sets on more sweet traps to make Jung Tae Eul acknowledged that their fated encounter is definitely worth it. Just as Tae Eul takes the upper hand in setting the flow of romance, Lee Gon dominates and shows he is in control by shutting her up with a sweet fleeting kiss.

FB_IMG_1588323537714-768x512.jpg

GEyO57W0wPsk637240135433560151.jpg

In episode 5 of The King: Eternal Monarch, it was also made known that Maximus is female and even have a title “Lady” attached to her name. Things also get cryptic to Detective Kang Shin Jae’s secrets and back story.

As romantic elements surges for Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul, the series also gives details on the villain’s evil ploys. It turns out that he approaches people in the Kingdom to switch identities to people in the Republic. We just don’t know yet if he does it vice versa and if it is part of his grand end game plan.

TAE EUL EXPLORES THE KINGDOM

Letting Tae Eul explore the Kingdom, Jo Yeong secretly tracks where his King’s favorite woman wanders. En route his busy schedule, Lee Gon beams upon learning what his girl has searched so far on his phone: his life and family details plus his rumored girlfriend – and her body figure. But his smile fades when he noticed a strange inquiry.

JOaI19iG5l6j637240135634028909.jpg

After her exploration, Tae Eul gets stuck at Seoul Station as she runs out of money to take the train. Calling 17 times to reach Lee Gon, the emperor finally heard her persistent phone battle with the palace people.

Like a knight in a shining armor, Lee Gon orders his private chopper to go to Seoul. Jo Yeong comes out of his trailing and leads Tae Eul to a nearby hotel. Time stops when Lee Gon emerges from the door of the hotel and presents himself to Jung Tae Eul, who was insistent on meeting him.

Confronting her of the person she looked for in the Kingdom, Jung Tae Eul confessed that she was hoping to see what her mother looks like in his world. Their talk though gets interrupted as Goo Seu Ryeong’s entourage approaches. Without permission, she invites herself to the awkward situation. And we see a thrilling love triangle to happen in the horizon.

Episode 6 of The King: Eternal Monarch is scheduled tonight on Netflix at 10:30 p.m. SGT.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-king-eternal-monarch-episode-5-recap/

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Ahhhhh guys!!! The cast of the king finally on swoon!!

Back to watching now :D 

*edit* Love how they were all gaining up on Shin Jae :lol::lol::lol:

Anyone catch on to what LMH said? He said they’re still filming part 1 so does that mean there’s a season 2? 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 4

QUIZ: Which K-Drama Should You Watch This Spring?

With the smell of spring in the air and the slow and steady blossoming of flowers that are everywhere, there’s also a bunch of really good K-dramas you could be watching. Curious to see which one you should be watching next? Take this quiz to find out!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1396027wpp/quiz-which-k-drama-should-you-watch-this-spring

• Like 3

“Whatever problem you are working on, I hope your solution and your answer are both beautiful.” -Lee Gon 

a663dd50b02a80695dcdda07f2c40a6ed24b0353.gifv

are you from a parallel universe? 

a4000294ac8320633f458727dcf9526e0deff1f4.gifv

baek1nho

The rivalry begins. How SYMBOLIC is this shot - How strong are both the women that stand, like the two structures on the building behind them.

Spoiler

--------

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 5

4 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

Anyone catch on to what LMH said? He said they’re still filming part 1 so does that mean there’s a season 2? 

I don't think there is a season 2. I think what he means is that they are done filming first 8 episodes of the drama. 16 episodes in total and the first part OR the first 8 episodes. They might be filming the second part OR the last 8 episodes. I saw many videos fans shared in Instagram and LMH has been filming some kind of fight scenes lately and I assume it might be the later episodes. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Wis dom said:

It's 24 hours from the airing time not an 1-2 or 3. example with Itaewon they made sure it arrived 4hours later on time every episode. schedule is not allover the place but it's on point. @INeedAFan Not really I have dropped this drama so I don't really care what happens to it from here on out to be frank I dropped it after the 4th episode I was done. It was not for me. I moved on. I didn't even want to post here if I was not tagged and quoted. I was called out here. I would have not made another post in here again if I was not tagged  

I am from India, it airs on Netflix India right after it airs in Korea. I know because I literally wait for it and watch it as soon as it is on Netflix. I don't understand this debate.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

Hehehe that would be awesome, wouldn’t it? But unfortunately, I think he means the first half. Maybe they’re done filming 8 episodes. 

• Like 7

MYM IG update

Every moment is fluttering .. The King of 'RoCo' proved once again!

In the 5th episode, the image of 'Lee-Gon' who could not hide his excitement after bringing Taeul to the Empire was depicted! It's not a secret that we were fluttered the whole time from the tiqui-taca dialgues to the honey dripping eyes with the first kiss. Like this, 'the pain for Lee-Gon' only gets deeper and deeper ...Today, The EP 6 will make you to be excited with sweetfulness of him, so please look forward to it. Don't forget to watch 'The King' on time at 10 p.m

Spoiler

2020050301000108200006071.jpg

Spoiler

2020050202109958029004%5B1%5D.jpg?var=09

@Kris Silva, Hello chingu! Hope you are enjoying this drama :)

• Like 6
  • Love 2

MYM IG update mentions about "Sweetness" of Lee Gon!! I think the kitchen scene will be very cute and sweet!! :love:

I know it is too soon to talk about the ending. I really want happy end. But I think it is hard to have happy ending. Because Lee Gon surely won't leave his palace and position. He has responsibility of a nation. On the other hand, Tae Eul's life and job is all in her world. It was so sad when his co-workers did not recognize her. She doesn't have a real identity and existence in LeeGon's world. This is so sad. :bawling: Even Lee Gon said that he would show her ID the day after because he though she would come back to her world. can she become his empress please and they can have a prince and heir too! Lol Did I go too far??  Kim Eun sook's characters have never become pregnant, right? :joy:

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

MYM IG update mentions about "Sweetness" of Lee Gon!! I think the kitchen scene will be very cute and sweet!! :love:

I know it is too soon to talk about the ending. I really want happy end. But I think it is hard to have happy ending. Because Lee Gon surely won't leave his palace and position. He has responsibility of a nation. On the other hand, Tae Eul's life and job is all in her world. It was so sad when his co-workers did not recognize her. She doesn't have a real identity and existence in LeeGon's world. This is so sad. :bawling: Even Lee Gon said that he would show her ID the day after because he though she would come back to her world. can she become his empress please and they can have a prince and heir too! Lol Did I go too far??  Kim Eun sook's characters have never become pregnant, right? :joy:

I am also mentally preparing myself for this. But at least now we're still at the early parts so no major heart break yet. But I'm afraid that time really will come because that's signature Kim Eun Sook writing hahaha.  

Hmm even if we don't get an heir, can we get a wedding scene?! Thinking in advance already haha! 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I know it is too soon to talk about the ending. I really want happy end. But I think it is hard to have happy ending. Because Lee Gon surely won't leave his palace and position. He has responsibility of a nation. On the other hand, Tae Eul's life and job is all in her world. It was so sad when his co-workers did not recognize her. She doesn't have a real identity and existence in LeeGon's world. This is so sad. :bawling: Even Lee Gon said that he would show her ID the day after because he though she would come back to her world. can she become his empress please and they can have a prince and heir too! Lol Did I go too far??  Kim Eun sook's characters have never become pregnant, right:joy:

Secret Garden, my friend :D 

We will for sure experience sadness before we experience happiness. I’m not against a sad ending though, as long as it makes sense. I don’t mind crying but of course, I’m all in for a happy ending any day. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@Dramafreak Oh! I forgotten about the dead bodies and their DNA in Korea! Hahahaha

There are just too much thrown at us and we viewers just pick it up like some little clues thrown at us to decipher. Frankly speaking, I didn't notice about the shoe scene.  LOL

I thought JY shadowing JTE was awesome. Although he was a meanie for not going to JTE's money woes at the station, we can see JTE's desperation to get back to Busan, to our King and trying to contact him. And how LG picked up that the Princess Diana is his JTE and him turning back to Seoul to "rescue" her.

When he walked out of the building towards her, the background music was awesome! And for a moment, I thought.. where's the white horse? Lol

As why LTE didn't move away with JY, I could only think that LG didn't think JY meant that lady PM is literally coming to him. He was having a conversation with JTE and too happily teasing JTE for googling about his "ex girlfriend" and lady PM that I'll say he has his guards down for a moment.

By the time it registered, it's already too late as we have seen the cars moving towards them.

It will be very suspicious or bad form for the LTE to run away from lady PM.

@ChunSungIm Thank you for posting on the IU joke. I forgotten to ask and thank god it's explained here. Lol.

@Ameera Ali Yes!!! I wonder how on earth does he expect her to exchange it for cash? Lol

And as always.. you always have the perfect gif!!

I find her reaction by the roadside funny. Her suddenly registering the kiss and her disbelief. Her reaction is even slower than all of us here.

While we were clearly smitten and swooned at how smooth our King was for moving in for a kiss.. she was all dazed and 0 emotion after.

Way to break our King's heart but then.. he didn't feel hurt by it. 

Not gonna underestimate this King.

I'll say he'll move in for another one when he sees it.

Will we see it in episode 6 or we will finally see the forehead scene? :joy:

I think someone mentioned about JTE's gasp when she saw lady PM? 

I thought it's a natural reaction too cos they were on the topic of her and suddenly that very person is right in front of her, looking all glam and pretty.

Now.. is JTE going to return LG's affection and lay her claims on him before Lady PM?

704wBOQ.gif

I cannot wait!!!!!

P.S: Guys, I'm just gonna say.. I'll ignore post on the ratings and bad critics and only focus on discussing on the story with you guys. If you like the story as much as I do, please stop commenting on the ratings and sit back and enjoy the story. This drama is airing everywhere. Anyone with the right resources will watch from wherever. I want to discuss the story. The clues. Not debate on ratings. Please just stop.

Peace out.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

This drama always make me back-watch (if that’s even a word) to see what I’ve missed. So far, here’s what I’ve pieced together. Just some personal theories and analysis. Pardon as this is going to be a long one.

We know that there are infinite numbers between zero and one. And if LG describes the void as a place in between zero and one, I think we can now assume that there are infinite paths inside the “bridge”, and that’s why LG and LR have not met each other there. I also like to joke that LR takes longer to cross the worlds because he only walks, while LG rides (lol!) Also, the king mentioned that it’s so vast he might not even see the end of it, but if he does, he’ll tell JTE about it (I have a feeling the tree is located at the end of the path, and is giving me Yggdrasil vibes)

LG once admitted that on the night of his father’s massacre, he heard manpasikjeok. Lady Noh said it’s impossible as it was quite a silent flute. However, some people are particularly sensitive to resonance. Which is quite fitting when JTE called him a dog (well dog poop, fine) because unlike humans, dogs are more sensitive to frequencies. Him hearing the flute louder than the gunshots tells me that he has a special affinity to the flute, a certain sensitivity to its resonance. I’m not Korean so I know not of the legends, but I know that the flute is the oldest recorded musical instrument. It has always been associated with the gods. So just as the sword is a symbol of his might as a king, the flute symbolizes his divine right to rule.

Right, back to the void. As with many stories involving parallel universes and alternate realities, each universe has a signature frequency, if you will. Korea and Corea are but two of the worlds with the same identical but opposing waves that it when it collides, it cancels each other. This destructive inteference is the emptiness in between, the bridge, where the physical laws do not apply and the waves of time stand still. The same opposing waves theory hints at why people live contrasting lives. The worlds are in a sense, inverse mirrors. LR learns this and decides to use it to his advantage, amassing supporters which he believes will blindly follow him on his quest.

However, we are yet to find the long-term consequences of a misplaced person in these worlds. I also believe SJ came from Corea, and his nightmares and dreams of the Corean insignia are repressed childhood memories. Why he was left in Korea is a question, but perhaps it was a necessary trade to do at that time. What’s been very clear to me so far, is that SJ does owe his sanity from JTE and her dad. JTE seems to bring a certain calmness in his life, and he’s always been grateful to her dad for teaching him that true courage is living his life on the edge, understanding that the wisdom to do what is right comes from the humility of admitting you’ve done enough mistakes yourself. That he may not have lived a good life himself, but he can make it better for someone else. So when the time comes, I think he wouldn’t mind paying that debt back.

Speaking of, JTE saying that she decided to be brave because not everyone can be brave seems like a foreboding. At this point, I think the bravest she could be is saying goodbye to LG, especially after they fall in love.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2