[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

38 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Thanks! I'm in the Netherlands. I have't seen many K-dramas that really grabbed my attention like that. A lot happened in EP1 which had me confused and re-wind alot, but this drama definitely has that 'something special.' 

Currently feeling quite pleased with myself for having found something good to watch again! :D 

Same here. TKEM was actually a breath of fresh air, especially in those hard quarantine times. :) 

Ahah, absolutely relating to the last post. I was so used to open Netflix & see "New Episode" of The King, feels a bit awkward now.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Welcome to the fam @SilverDawn! Just to set expectations (at least from my experience) - you're in for a bit of a slow ride for the next few eps as the drama sets itself up, but it'll be worth it!

EDIT: I've read your previous posts and it looks like you're already in episode 4. Yayy! Episode 4 was the hook for me. It's what made me decide to stick with the drama.

I also had the same experience with rewinding lol. Every episode is an hour and a few minutes long but I ended up watching each episode for almost 2 hours because I had to pause and think and rewind a lot of times :joy:

Just ask away if you have questions - this forum helped me a lot when I watched TKEM for the first time. There are brilliant minds here who can even explain math equations and physics theories :joy: 

Most of all I hope you enjoy the show as much as we did. Hello from this side of the world to yours! :wub:

Yes, I'm sticking with this one, I'm hooked! :D

Especially since I just realised the ML actress also was ML in Goblin! No wonder she seemed familiar. 

Thanks all for the warm welcome! 

:heart1:

• Like 4
  • Love 6

I will never look the same way again at Lee Gon's boards. (looks for clues :lol:)

cr: Byul E

img.gif

img.gif

img.gif

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Thanks! I'm in the Netherlands. I have't seen many K-dramas that really grabbed my attention like that. A lot happened in EP1 which had me confused and re-wind alot, but this drama definitely has that 'something special.' 

Currently feeling quite pleased with myself for having found something good to watch again! :D 

@SilverDawn Is kdrama generally popular in the Netherlands? It's good that you came across TKEM. Whenever you don't get a part in an episode, the rewind button is your friend. Or rewatch the whole episode even. Or you could always post your questions on this thread. :) 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

24 minutes ago, Time loop said:

TKEM is on steroids at this point. Wow it just keeps going strong 

It's also popular in the other gulf countries such as UAE and Saudi Arabia I saw it on twitter trends and google trends

• Like 5
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, syntyche said:

@SilverDawn Is kdrama generally popular in the Netherlands? It's good that you came across TKEM. Whenever you don't get a part in an episode, the rewind button is your friend. Or rewatch the whole episode even. Or you could always post your questions on this thread. :) 

Asian drama's in general are slowely growing in popularity here and Netflix is picking up on the trend! I think TKEM will become very popular in the weeks to come. In comparison to other countries I'd say we're behind though. I usually watch drama's on youtube, Viki or Wetv. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

40 minutes ago, Time loop said:

It has ranked in couple of European countries, + Asia + the Subcontinent + Africa (Nigeria + Egypt) the two most populous countries + majority of Latin America + and now the middle east. The only market it has not ranked is North America but I am sure it has got alot of views there. 

Remember guys I made a prediction about TKEM early on like after few episodes and it seems like my tracking was always on point. I had an idea of all this before it unfolded by simply following the trends online on it's premiere day. 

When I made that prediction I was not LMH fan nor KGE fan nor TKEM fan just neutral bystander and observer

• Like 8
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Is good to have a fellow neighbouring countryman here with us. I am pleased to know that you are enjoying yourself with TKEM

• Like 3
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Asian drama's in general are slowely growing in popularity here and Netflix is picking up on the trend! I think TKEM will become very popular in the weeks to come. In comparison to other countries I'd say we're behind though. I usually watch drama's on youtube, Viki or Wetv. 

What is WeTv? Never heard about that before is it local tv channel or online platform

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

Hahaha. The professor part really cracked me up but why don't you take the professor role here and explain it to me and I will listen because the explaination I got so far didn't suggest anything or convinced me of a deity but if it was only metaphor i can see it your way and I also didn't see the devil or demon but what I saw was a man obsessed with his own desires and eternal life

@Elnin Joery I’ve explained it to you over and over again. Yet you’re not comprehending and it’s getting redundant at this point. I’m not the professor of the course TKEM nor do I have any desire to be. I’m simply the TA who’s role was to try and give you various examples from the course to explain things better. So like I said earlier, contact writer KES who is better equipped at teaching the course.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Time loop said:

I do hope it maintains its momentum tho. There are new dramas that are starting this week (one of them is on Netflix too and looks like it's off to a solid start - plus the gigantic starpower of the lead).

But even if it falters, I can take comfort with what it has achieved so far. I think its achievements are already way beyond satisfactory at this point.

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

What is WeTv? Never heard about that before is it local tv channel or online platform

It's an online streaming platform. https://wetv.vip/en 

It was new to me too, but it came on my radar because it aired Eternal love of dream.

Another great drama if you like the Xianxia/fantasy genre. :) 

• Like 3

The quarantine plays a huge role tbh, both for TKEM & for IONTBO (the one that started airing today). Both LMH & KSH have quite big fanbases; those viewers are guaranteed. So it is mostly up to those who are new (or almost new) to kdramas to actually start watching the shows & eventually like them. Anyways, TKEM is atypical for most people, so that's why it gained so much fans and popularity, I guess - something new & different.

I am from Bulgaria, kdramas are not that popular here, and, yet, TKEM is trending here as well & I even heard people discussing it on the streets. Which, honestly, was a first for me in this country.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 6

16 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Have you guys seen Two Weeks or Defendant?

WORD! 

Yup, I saw Two Weeks LJK was running from cops and he had a son. I was thinking, maybe it would be too similar to that drama.  Maybe a different drama with a child or a movie where he has a son or daughter and is a single dad.   LMH would be awesome as a single dad compared to other actors who did similar roles. He really seems to have an affinity with kids in real life.

14 hours ago, Lmangla said:

in case you were still not able to find it, here's the info from admin.. you can check the announcement page for further updates. in case, folks haven't seen it, check out the new feature called members shop! it is so much fun! :D

Thanks Lmangla, it is said that you cannot embed but you can add a link. I added a link but it came out as  an embed so how would I add a link without embedding?? 

I was re-watching Episode 6 and Lady Noh really rules the palace even LG is scared of her. LG is so cute in his reactions to Lady Noh. Lady Noh snapping " No photos" :joy:

I also loved the part when LG was so ecstatic when JTE finally accepted that he was truly a king.  His reaction was hilarious and his laugh. LMH  really makes LG very endearing.  The way he allows and enjoys JTE rough treatment of him.   

• Like 4
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, CallieP said:

LMH would be awesome as a single dad compared to other actors who did similar roles. He really seems to have an affinity with kids in real life.

Omg I was just thinking of the exact same thing a few days ago when folks here - or in the LMH thread? - were discussing what roles LMH can take in his next projects. AND YES I ENVISIONED HIM AS A SINGLE DAD. Something like the movie: The Pursuit of Happyness? 

:happy:

• Like 2
  • Love 2