[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

54 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

I have seen people said in here that LMH is underrated? To which extend is he underrated. I have watched TKEM and some of his other dramas and movies. So I have a clear picture of what I think and how I rate him. I have even seen some say his overrated? 

My question is what is the truth in all of this 

His the most significiant actor in the whole effin world in the last decade or so. This is simple you can do your research you would come to the same conclusion.. He is underrated imo and on epic proportions. When you consider the language barrier and the reach he has had for the last decade or so you won't be able to find anyone other then him. perhaps the decades before this one you would be able to find 1 or 2 others but not in this decade 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1

@Wis dom He is Critically Underrated from my understanding. Reviewers fail to rate his acting and focus on some similar actions from his previous works.Mainly focussed on BOF and heirs whereas He has done tremendous work in Rest of his shows and movies which is not taken account of.

His Long-Term fans who have followed his trajectory can explain better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, madmad min said:

His critics tend to be more personal based after my own research. Mainly due to ship wars and other biases who are jealous of his acheivements. I don't tend to take them serious and they also tend to forget about all his other roles for the sake of the narrative they are going with. His achievements speak for themselves and also one of the reasons is that the Kdrama culture is poison and competitive. Art is mostly the first casuality and especially if you get success people become insecure with you

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

His critics tend to be more personal based after my own research. Mainly due to ship wars and other biases who are jealous of his acheivements. I don't tend to take them serious and they also tend to forget about all his other roles for the sake of the narrative they are going with. His achievements speak for themselves and also one of the reasons is that the Kdrama culture is poison and competitive. Art is mostly the first casuality and especially if you get success people become insecure with you

With great success comes alot of fans and a package of haters. What I noticed is their pattern and how they behave and they hang out in niche places outside of the mainstream that has very minimal traffic or you could say a group of friends posting and spamming the same comment section repeatedly who seem slightly obsessed when the drama was airing they got over-swimmed and overflooded but when the drama ends the mainstream fans leave and they remain and they will start the long campaign of nitpicking because they are pressed over a piece of entertainment 

33 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I agree he has done alot of different roles such as Faith, City Hunter etc etc and many more 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heilo said:

His the most significiant actor in the whole effin world in the last decade or so. This is simple you can do your research you would come to the same conclusion.. He is underrated imo and on epic proportions. When you consider the language barrier and the reach he has had for the last decade or so you won't be able to find anyone other then him. perhaps the decades before this one you would be able to find 1 or 2 others but not in this decade 

I completely agree with this. His certainly the most significant actor WW and i have no doubt in my mind about this i watched his journey since BOF and it was an uphill journey with LTE speed 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

The whole God-Demon thing was just a metaphor in my opinion. Was Lee Lim a demon? He was referred to be one on the title but he sure as hell was not a demon. The Yo-yo kid was limited to the flute and it has limited powers which makes the Flute being deity also a metaphor nothing more or less. KES didn't explore all that nonsense in the show otherwise I would have bailed out on the show long time ago 

@Elnin JoeryWhat I have presented here were contextual evidence from TKEM to support all that I had said. I say this to my students that I TA for, that if you find my explanation unsatisfactory or not aligning with your view or still not making any sense, then I would suggest that you to make an appointment with the professor of that course or writer KES in this case so that they can further explain it all to you in greater detail. 

• LOL 3

@madmad min @Heilo @Joanna Alfson and @Elnin Joery that was insightsful. 

I watched GB during when it came out. I always knew he was phenomenal but I wanted to hear your takes but it seems like his way more significiant then I assumed and his days and impact goes beyond Gangnam Blues days. I also loved TKEM which means I will start LMH rewatch campaign any suggests. I watched CH and faith already and LOTBS I will watch after TKEM

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Random thoughts after watching episode 5:

JTE's 17 rules to LG

- is it because she called 17 times to try to contact LG while stranded in Seoul, KOC?

I would also like to know about this and sometimes they spoke about rule 9 or 13 or something along these lines and I didn't catched it quite clearly

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@Elnin JoeryWhat I have presented here were contextual evidence from TKEM to support all that I had said. I say this to my students that I TA for, that if you find my explanation unsatisfactory or not aligning with your view or still not making any sense, then I would suggest that you to make an appointment with the professor of that course or writer KES in this case so that they can further explain it all to you in greater detail. 

Hahaha. The professor part really cracked me up but why don't you take the professor role here and explain it to me and I will listen because the explaination I got so far didn't suggest anything or convinced me of a deity but if it was only metaphor i can see it your way and I also didn't see the devil or demon but what I saw was a man obsessed with his own desires and eternal life

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

I also didn't see the devil or demon but what I saw was a man obsessed with his own desires and eternal life

For this the question needs to be directed towards the People who released the Synopsis or did the Translations. Demon Released in the World was stated by them, We as a audience can choose to either Accept it our own way or completely disregard it.

Tkem Simply Put can be...Crown Prince v/s Traitor, Traitor wanted to rule, King Wanted to save, he was given Hints by The Doppleganger in other world calling him Pyeha and then he chased the people and brought upon justice by solving Time Travel Mystery.And Somehow he got to keep everyone close to him and alive.Happy Ending.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

WATCH: Why We Love Him? More of Woo Do Hwan in "The King: Eternal Monarch"

watch-why-we-love-him-more-of-woo-do-hwa

A week after "The King: Eternal Monarch" ended, we still can't get enough of him. He stole our hearts with his fun, dramatic, charismatic characters as Jo Yeong or Eun Seob, and we want more! 

Woo Do Hwan, no doubt, is a certified scene-stealer for his acting skills and for perfectly portraying his dual characters in the recently-concluded drama. And honestly? Both his roles are endearing and charming, so it's hard to decide which one is more appealing. 

watch-why-we-love-him-more-of-woo-do-hwa

Jo Eun Seob, from the Republic of Korea, works as a public service worker. He uses a local dialect "satoori," has a bright smile, loves to interact, and has a looooot of facial expressions that make him adorable. 

Spoiler

From the Kingdom of Corea, Jo Yeong became "the unbreakable sword" at the age of four. His loyalty to King Gon is ceaseless - they are friends for life. He works as the King's head guard. He barely smiles and focuses on his job, sporting his sleek, waxed hair pulled on the back, dark-colored suits, and sunglasses. His overall look oozes irresistible appeal. 

Spoiler

In every episode, Woo Do Hwan appears and makes the show fun and suspenseful at the same time. His fighting skills with Kim Kyung Nam (Shin Jae) are flawless, even working in the dark. The plot is in a room with limited space, and the light is off - they nailed it. 

Spoiler

And, of course, who would forget their first meeting? They didn't hit it off at first, too. Jo Yeong's a believer in his confidence and skills, while Eun Seob is more relaxed and a happy guy. It gets troublesome when they get to stay together for a long time. 

Spoiler

But as they are about to save the parallel worlds and return to where they belong, they become open to each other and become good friends. 

Spoiler

Woo Do Hwan has starred in several K-dramas, but viewers believe these two stand out amongst them all. Now, everyone is excited as a new show is in talks for him to cast again. Though his bromantic chemistry with Lee Min Ho is remarkable, we hope they work together again in the future. 

Woo Do Hwan has risen, and his outstanding actings get more and more recognition. We look forward to his future works and see more of his performance. 

Spoiler

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118161/20200620/watch-why-love-more-woo-hwan-king-eternal-monarch.htm

• Like 5
  • Love 6