[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

4 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

LL seems to be better suited and he has also a hidden weapon inside his umbrella but in defense of LG he can make something useful out of that slappy stick if he ever decided to give JTE the chance to become his dominatrix he will have to borrow the slappy stick to her 

He can fight with it but not an effective weapon compared to LL's umbrella 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

He can fight with it but not an effective weapon compared to LL's umbrella 

It has dominatrix hidden values and can become useful

1 minute ago, Jillia said:

Not just from Soompi but any other website which is a US domain. It's a US court ruling - that IG links can't be shared outside Instagram anymore since Instagram is seeing content posted on IG as their property so to speak.

We don't know what the future will hold for us or other websites and if the ruling will be in effect forever or not. But until then since Soompi is a US domain we have to follow the legal ruling. So please go back to oldschool sharing info via FB, Twitter, news articles, official drama website and YT.

I don't know why Instagram would limit their own reach but I appreciate the fact that you guys are keeping the US laws 

2 hours ago, Joje said:

It was in response to what JTE said a few seconds earlier that his eyes are those of a criminal. 

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

I've rewatched that stupid scene so many times that I think my brain is making stuff up to supplement what we saw, but I'd like to add:

LG: He's very calculated and logical, and is used to those around him treating him respectfully and appreciating what he has to say.  He also likes to "science-splain", and those around him are pretty much forced to listen to his boring dissertations on math and science.  So he's getting ready to science-splain, and JTE insults his eyes.  It's actually really funny watching him begin his lecture, has probably his first ever reaction to someone insulting him straight to his face, take a moment to compute WTF just happen, and then start arguing with her on that.  We can see that he didn't even recognize the insult straight away, and was so shocked by what he heard that he immediately fritzed and went 404 not found and started arguing with her.  What's even funnier is that he grows to enjoy her insulting him to his face.

I think it set the tone for their partnership.  Until then, he still had a very relaxed tone to all of her insults and her treatment of him, but that was the moment she knocked him down to her level and he started arguing back. It was the great equalizer moment in their relationship.

Thanks you both!  I just did not notice or compute the connection between criminal eyes and his response. When she said it, he made his face and then went into his science explanation and when he defended his eyes, I forgot about her earlier remark. I thought she made it much earlier, my bad.

@AgentQuake, you gave such an awesome explanation about LG, no one could have explained that any better than you did. I knew he was logical so what made him say that but in response to the insult, totally makes sense.

Love this statements "science-splain", and those around him are pretty much forced to listen to his boring dissertations on math and science.  So he's getting ready to science-splain, and JTE insults his eyes.   Actually really funny watching him, take a moment to compute WTF just happen, he immediately fritzed and went 404 not found and started arguing with her; What's even funnier is that he grows to enjoy her insulting him; the great equalizer moment in their relationship." 

Daebak!  LG is a unique character, science splaining and boring everyone including JY.  :joy:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

He likes being insulted so he can come out of the closest and just go completely south by accepting his inner dominatrix desires :tounge_wink:

Lmao. He shouldnt go that road otherwise we could lose the peyha and he could become a full blown beta. 

• LOL 3

14 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Believe me I don't get it either.

Could it perhaps be something to do with Trump who recently went berserker due to Social media beef and said he would ban them all something along these lines 

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

I've rewatched that stupid scene so many times that I think my brain is making stuff up to supplement what we saw, but I'd like to add:

LG: He's very calculated and logical, and is used to those around him treating him respectfully and appreciating what he has to say.  He also likes to "science-splain", and those around him are pretty much forced to listen to his boring dissertations on math and science.  So he's getting ready to science-splain, and JTE insults his eyes.  It's actually really funny watching him begin his lecture, has probably his first ever reaction to someone insulting him straight to his face, take a moment to compute WTF just happen, and then start arguing with her on that.  We can see that he didn't even recognize the insult straight away, and was so shocked by what he heard that he immediately fritzed and went 404 not found and started arguing with her.  What's even funnier is that he grows to enjoy her insulting him to his face.

I think it set the tone for their partnership.  Until then, he still had a very relaxed tone to all of her insults and her treatment of him, but that was the moment she knocked him down to her level and he started arguing back. It was the great equalizer moment in their relationship.

Spot on:wub:

It's honestly one of my favorite scenes. The way he paused after he had began to do what he likes to do most (as you rightly put it science-splaining) cracks me up every time. He was so riled up that he couldn't just let it slide.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

LL seems to be better suited and he has also a hidden weapon inside his umbrella but in defense of LG he can make something useful out of that slappy stick if he ever decided to give JTE the chance to become his dominatrix he will have to borrow the slappy stick to her 

how about reverse roles but all in all he did like to be insulted by her tho or maybe both 

32 minutes ago, Joje said:

Spot on:wub:

It's honestly one of my favorite scenes. The way he paused after he had began to do what he likes to do most (as you rightly put it science-splaining) cracks me up every time. He was so riled up that he couldn't just let it slide.

The whole scene is so funny in hindsight, her twisting his arm, him also insulting her straight to her face...we tend to overlook the fact that he insulted her photo too hahaha.  She’s better looking in person.  Her personality is a mess. 

And then poor Eun sup wandering into this mess.  RUN FAR AWAY. 

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

The whole scene is so funny in hindsight, her twisting his arm, him also insulting her straight to her face...we tend to overlook the fact that he insulted her photo too hahaha.  She’s better looking in person.  Her personality is a mess. 

And then poor Eun sup wandering into this mess.  RUN FAR AWAY. 

Yes!! hahaha

Her asking if he investigated her because he's a spy with a mission to blow up the police station and him savagely replying “you don't look that important”.. I was like whoaaaa!!.. This King got no chill :lol::lol:

• LOL 5

14 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I didn't pick up the Yo-yo kid or the flute being mentioned as god even in one stance in the entire show or could it be language barrier or translation issues because I didn't hear that mentioned at all not even once

@Elnin Joery There was numerous examples throughout the series that was implied that he was some sort of deity. Its like how he controls which portals open up to LG or how he had the power to wipe everything or the power to change his physical appearance at will or how he could be in different worlds without ever needing to travel through the portals. He's omnipotent, omniscience, and omnipresence.....qualities that are associated with deity type beings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joje said:

Yes!! hahaha

Her asking if he investigated her because he's a spy with a mission to blow up the police station and him savagely replying “you don't look that important”.. I was like whoaaaa!!.. This King got no chill :lol::lol:

I was nonchalantly watching the first episode for the first time and when he hugged her I was like eeeeeh please don’t be love at first sight cus I hate mush and cliche 

THEN SHE HANDCUFFED HIM AND DID HER HOLLERING.

I love JTE so much. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2