[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

42 minutes ago, Joje said:

It was in response to what JTE said a few seconds earlier that his eyes are those of a criminal. 

I've rewatched that stupid scene so many times that I think my brain is making stuff up to supplement what we saw, but I'd like to add:

LG: He's very calculated and logical, and is used to those around him treating him respectfully and appreciating what he has to say.  He also likes to "science-splain", and those around him are pretty much forced to listen to his boring dissertations on math and science.  So he's getting ready to science-splain, and JTE insults his eyes.  It's actually really funny watching him begin his lecture, has probably his first ever reaction to someone insulting him straight to his face, take a moment to compute WTF just happen, and then start arguing with her on that.  We can see that he didn't even recognize the insult straight away, and was so shocked by what he heard that he immediately fritzed and went 404 not found and started arguing with her.  What's even funnier is that he grows to enjoy her insulting him to his face.

I think it set the tone for their partnership.  Until then, he still had a very relaxed tone to all of her insults and her treatment of him, but that was the moment she knocked him down to her level and he started arguing back. It was the great equalizer moment in their relationship.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

28 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

Oh woow such an epic video.. The greatest love story we have seen in ages captured best... Legendary love story is simply legendary in all shape of ways legendary.

Seems like you have finally understood what we were watching.. A love story for the ages 

22 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I've rewatched that stupid scene so many times that I think my brain is making stuff up to supplement what we saw, but I'd like to add:

LG: He's very calculated and logical, and is used to those around him treating him respectfully and appreciating what he has to say.  He also likes to "science-splain", and those around him are pretty much forced to listen to his boring dissertations on math and science.  So he's getting ready to science-splain, and JTE insults his eyes.  It's actually really funny watching him begin his lecture, has probably his first ever reaction to someone insulting him straight to his face, take a moment to compute WTF just happen, and then start arguing with her on that.  We can see that he didn't even recognize the insult straight away, and was so shocked by what he heard that he immediately fritzed and went 404 not found and started arguing with her.  What's even funnier is that he grows to enjoy her insulting him to his face.

I think it set the tone for their partnership.  Until then, he still had a very relaxed tone to all of her insults and her treatment of him, but that was the moment she knocked him down to her level and he started arguing back. It was the great equalizer moment in their relationship.

You hit your tongue on one of my favourite parts about tkem and he truly comes to love being insulted by her and thats his secret hidden sadist that desires a dominatrix 

• LOL 5

1 minute ago, Elnin Joery said:

You hit your tongue on one of my favourites and he truly comes to love being insulted by her and thats his secret hidden sadist that desires a dominatrix 

Hahahaha. Lmao At that dominatrix part i bursted out laughing. Why would you think he would need a dominatrix? 

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Hahahaha. Lmao At that dominatrix part i bursted out laughing. Why would you think he would need a dominatrix? 

I used that as an example and I agree the word may be little bit  exaggeration but it was just an example. He liked being pushed around by her and being insulted. He had a thing for that 

8 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I used that as an example and I agree the word may be little bit  exaggeration but it was just an example. He liked being pushed around by her and being insulted. He had a thing for that 

I understood what you meant but just found it funny the way you put it..

4 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

TKEM is still in top 10 worldwide today while ranking in several countries amongst others 8-10 Asian countries including the subcontinent and 2 European countries Romania and Ukraine 

TKEM a week after its last broadcast but still ranking high worldwide

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

TKEM a week after its last broadcast but still ranking high worldwide

It's hardly a surprise to me tho. TKEM has an X-factor! It's a beast and this is not even it's full potential

• Like 1

Just now, Joanna Alfson said:

What type of potential? 

It can grow to it's full potential with continuity. I would say it just hit puberty and there is room left for growth and same road and pattern all hit shows normally take 

• Like 3

I think I just accidently ran into one poster from this thread's facebook account while searching for something completely different. It was weird moment. I was like what is that your facebook handler account? It was not the person's real facebook account but fan club account.

I didn't post to the fellow monarch tho just left after lurking little bit and I was searching for something else TKEM related 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I think I just accidently ran into one poster from this thread's facebook account while searching for something completely different. It was weird moment. I was like what is that your facebook handler account? It was not the person's real facebook account but fan club account.

I didn't post to the fellow monarch tho just left after lurking little bit and I was searching for something else TKEM related 

If you can't tell us who it was why reveal it to begin with just spill the beans 

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

UPDATE:

@Joanna Alfson

You can embedd FB links. However not sure if they will show up like Twitter links or IG links. But you can legally share them here. :)

What will happen to all the previously embedded IG posts? Are they still viewable or will they be removed? 

5 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

If you can't tell us who it was why reveal it to begin with just spill the beans 

It's the TKEM rules otherwise I could face beheading from Peyha on public Tv

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

Seems like you have finally understood what we were watching.. A love story for the ages 

You hit your tongue on one of my favourite parts about tkem and he truly comes to love being insulted by her and thats his secret hidden sadist that desires a dominatrix 

Say what you want about LL, but he carries around his flute half in an umbrella, in a country that seems to rain and snow dramatically half of the time.  Very useful.

Meanwhile LG carries his around in a super extra slappy stick. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Say what you want about LL, but he carries around his flute half in an umbrella, in a country that seems to rain and snow dramatically half of the time.  Very useful.

Meanwhile LG carries his around in a super extra slappy stick. 

LL seems to be better suited and he has also a hidden weapon inside his umbrella but in defense of LG he can make something useful out of that slappy stick if he ever decided to give JTE the chance to become his dominatrix he will have to borrow the slappy stick to her 

• LOL 4