[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Don't think it has been discussed yet but I wonder why JTE didn't finish telling LG her 17 rules. I think they were up to only about 12/13? I was hoping he would recite them at the finale to show how attentive he was towards her. 

Also would have loved to see those seeds bloom in the in between place which JTE planted twice. In my head, that is where the flowers from LG were from

• Like 4

Wow. Just wow. The BGM that was released is epic. I have never come across a Kdrama that has suc epic BGM. 

People might flame me but, as much as I was happy for the somewhat happy ending, I couldn't help but felt it was a bit flatten. They had such nice tension going on earlier on..I remember watching first few min of Ep1 and I was so hooked. The gun fight scene, LG standing as king, riding Maximus etc. 

I would still prefer to have TE as queen then both as time travellers. I think I would  have like that if they could perhaps have a twist that TE was switch at birth with Luna (because Luna had cancer.. It is very possible... JTE mum had cancer), it might be a bit makjang... But if spin that way, add with some conspiracy.. It could well be into 20 or 22 episodes? Lol. Then we have more episodes!!!! Yes! Lol. 

The reason why I thought it would be nice if LG and JTE got married because.. It was implied like throughout the whole show. The uncle mentioned twice, lady noh was like.. That was what she always pray.. I mean, why deny good hearted people their wishes? OK, on a serious note, because it was repeated the whole time, I always thought they would end up ruling side by side. 

I need fanfics to survive now. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I woke up at 7:30 without an alarm...this is exactly when the Saturday episode would have been released.

Every once in a while, my sleep habits are so poor that I end up on a different time zone.  I think that’s happening - I’m on TKEM standard time.

If anyone wants to keep in touch on social media, my Instagram is where I live most of them time. @Jesskakee 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

34 minutes ago, carriekllo said:

Also would have loved to see those seeds bloom in the in between place which JTE planted twice. In my head, that is where the flowers from LG were from

There is no place where JTE planted seeds) 

• Like 1

Just now, seraphinazz said:

There are some more awesome BGMs that I wished were included in the album, just from ep 16 alone. Especially that piano version of Maze song playing during JY’s scene with baby LG. So unforgettable. 

Do you have Apple Music or iTunes?  It’s there - on a separate EP that has the piano version and Gummy’s version

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Do you have Apple Music or iTunes?  It’s there - on a separate EP that has the piano version and Gummy’s version

Yes, but I could only find the instrumental one not the piano version. Do you mind giving me the link? Thanks so much! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCSfanz said:

@Goong_admirer we were talking about the scene where LG and TE were spying at JY over the cctv. Netflix translated JY's dialogue in error. He was actually pissed that he lost a game of ladder and wasn't cussing the king. 

@SCSfanzSorry if I didn't make myself clear, I was referring to JY password on the laptop. I thought it was J0000000000000,but I didn't get the joke behind that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, seraphinazz said:

Yes, but I could only find the instrumental one not the piano version. Do you mind giving me the link? Thanks so much! 

I can’t figure out the link since I’m on mobile, but search THE KING : ETERNAL MONARCH (ORIGINAL TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK), PT 11 - SINGLE

Single cover is of the original ep 10 jacket of doom scene, and there are two songs.  Gummy’s version and then the piano instrumental 

• Like 3

Hello everyone! I have been lurking around for so long and finally decided to show up for the first time. First of all I want to say thank you so much everyone, this drama has been a ride to me and and I have read all your theories and explanation and of course the scandalous pic (I really love it) that made the viewing so pleasureable for me. 

I accidentaly stumbled upon this forum when I was searching for explanation in the earlier episode and I’ve never been so glad to crash landed here. Reading this forum has been a source of joy to me for the past 2 months.
This drama is finally over! I’m happy for this ending but I still have this bittersweet feeling in my chest (maybe because theres no royal wedding LOL) 

Spoiler

Yes, yes and yes! You don’t know how much your post shed lights onto my thoughts about the ending. It’s really romantic to have a time travelling date every weekend but I think it’s quite impossible in a very long run. I'm sure there will come a time when they have to settle down and eventually it would happen (the wedding and etc). But I think KES wanted to imply that they'll stay together till they grow old and for a very long long time. Forever. The wedding and royal heirs will depend on our headcanon :D  

Think of it as you have to follow your hubby overseas and  leave your job and family since he work there. Except you have to went through an obelisk to another world. And you can simply visit back on weekend LOL. I’m pretty sure JTE father is more than willing to babysit the royal baby along with Lady Noh in KOC. Imagine the happy in-laws~

Finally I let out everything that's in my mind and heart...

And soo this drama withdrawal syndrome is very severe on me, and I’ve been wanting to buy the novel version (or is it script book). But as you  can see I understand nothing about korean :joy: Anyone willing to help me on translating the novel??? I'm willing to be the typesetter LOL ;)

3 hours ago, Hikki said:

Someone ripped that portion, and I think it is indeed not part of the official OST

I guess I’ll ripped it myself and add to my music library then :tears:

Same case with Goblin - the part where Sunny held Reaper’s hand and he relived her Goryeo memories.

I think it's quiet similliar with 'Hold On' but yes the one you mentioned is more dramatic and epic. Sigh, I wish they included all the OST. There are some that I like but not part of the official album

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Thank you to all the Chingus on this forum for all your thoughts, videos, gifs, pictures, etc. I unfortunately wasn't able to participate as much as I would have liked, however I truly enjoyed reading the thread whenever I got a chance! :heart:

I am glad I stuck with this show till the end. It had its flaws and it has received its fair share of criticism. However I looked forward to Friday and Saturday, reveled in watching the BTS, enjoyed and still enjoying all the LMH-KGE "are they - are they not", checking out some of the actors IG posts and of course being a part of this thread :)

The ending was all about LG and JTE and I actually liked the fact that they did not get married, but rather stayed in their respective universes and became a weekend couple that traveled and grew old together.

I probably found the whole show- down with Lee Rim anti-climactic, but it was kind of symbolic JTE killing the present version and LG killing the 1994 version of LR. 

My one confusion in all this was how only LG, JTE and JY remembered the past and no-one else did?

The biggest revelation was probably the kid with his yo-yo and his adult self.

Order was restored and almost everyone's life turned out better. The way they showed JY and MSA were actually together was cute and Eun Sup and Na Ri. I also laughed when I heard about JY also having twin siblings in the end B) Speaking of Na Ri I wonder why she did not appear in the final episode?!

Finally a special mention of Maximus, who became a star in her own way :wub:

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I probably found the whole show- down with Lee Rim anti-climactic, but it was kind of symbolic JTE killing the present version and LG killing the 1994 version of LR. 

My one confusion in all this was how only LG, JTE and JY remembered the past and no-one else 

Sorry to cut your post. I was feeling anti-climatic too especially we had the whole series being afraid of how much pain he can inflict to to others only to have him beheaded and shot alone without a single minion following him. 

I think the climax for me was when Gon finally met the real JTE, then everything from that point seems surreal.

I always have the view that all of them remembered because they survive the time travel and together successfully altering the timeline. Thus the common understanding of the time traveller stories is that the time travellers themselves remember the time travel, but not everybody that is not travelling.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, seraphinazz said:

So many tracks excluded from the OST album.  And most of those are my favorite tracks too!

How could they exclude the music in that beheading scene?!? How?!?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

49 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I can’t figure out the link since I’m on mobile, but search THE KING : ETERNAL MONARCH (ORIGINAL TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK), PT 11 - SINGLE

Single cover is of the original ep 10 jacket of doom scene, and there are two songs.  Gummy’s version and then the piano instrumental 

Hi, thanks a lot for this but I just realised that we might be talking about different songs? The song that I was referring to is Maze by Yongzoo, but the piano cover only without the orchestra. 

9 minutes ago, gwin said:

So many tracks excluded from the OST album.  And most of those are my favorite tracks too!

How could they exclude the music in that beheading scene?!? How?!?

Even from the first few minutes of ep 16 alone, there are many BGMs that were excluded from the OST album.

- Scene from the beginning of the ep. With Luna and KSJ.

- From when LG and JY had a convo after JY killed off traitor cousin.

- JTE scene inside the in between world with LR.

- KSJ scene with his mom.

- Yes, beheading scene!

This is a more serious treason than LR’s :rage: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6