[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Remember.

We had expected a KES Goblin ending.

So this one was pretty darn good ending in comparison.

They stayed true to what TE said 'live day to day' [LG got scolded for not  understanding this when they were walking on the empty road in the middle of nowhere]

There was a bit of staring at the end but at least they were holding hands and walking down the street together.

What can be more romantic than growing old together, regardless of whether you were married or not.

LG was willing to make SeJin the heir so he didn't necessarily feel he was tied to the throne.

This was a compromise for the two of them.

DLXSxx.png
ujE2s3.png

CiAYc3.png

Sometimes I think we worry so much about our future together that we forget to cherish the love we share everyday.

• Like 8
  • Love 12

5 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Remember.

We had expected a KES Goblin ending.

So this one was pretty darn good ending in comparison.

They stayed true to what TE said 'live day to day' [LG got scolded for not  understanding this when they were walking on the empty road in the middle of nowhere]

There was a bit of staring at the end but at least they were holding hands and walking down the street together.

What can be more romantic than growing old together, regardless of whether you were married or not.

LG was willing to make SeJin the heir so he didn't necessarily feel he was tied to the throne.

This was a compromise for the two of them.

Sometimes I think we worry so much about our future together that we forget to cherish the love we share everyday.

This..

plus LG was a keeper not just random dude passing by. He was a keeper and stayed with JTE until old age that is romantic and true love and I would say the definition of true love 

• Like 7
  • Love 9

33 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Just because they meet on weekends in that specific time doesn't mean everything will be weekend until we fast foward 80+ years it just doesn't add up. If i told you two people grew old together will the assumption be weekend 

Did I say they stayed that way all their life?!  I clearly said that it is their current situation and may be after post-retirement or JTE Father's demise they stayed together all days of the week and thus grew old together. So you assume that JTE will work or her dad will live for 80 more years?! Isn't that a bit exaggeration considering they are currently around 30 yrs old . To me they mostly met on weekends + whenever they could and later on when their responsibilities were absent they stayed together and that's my understanding from the drama and my assumption from what I see. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hikki said:

Guys, I need help! I’ve been wanting thIs particular bgm for the longest time and the instrumental OST has finally been released. It’s now available on Apple Music, or listen on Spotify for free.

The bgm in Ep1 starts from 11:17 where the Saviour comes in to rescue the young LG. I’ve been listening to the entire OST for the last 6.5 hours(I bought mine at 12noon) and I DON’T HEAR IT ANYWHERE:(

I would appreciate anybody with a pair of fresh ears with access to the OST if they could identify  that piece or if it’s indeed omitted. 

Kamsahamnida! :wub:

“The War Is Over” - Gaemi. I think this is the one you’re looking for.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

I am so sorry to see thos @Kim Rama.  Hope you can go home soon to be with your family & fiancee.  So am assuming you are a frontliner? May I ask where are you located?

Hi! Thanks for the concern. Hehehe. I'm fine actually. Just so so so lonely. Hehe. And, no I'm not a frontliner. I'm a chemical engineer, hehe. I'm from the Philippines. :)

I'm probably in one of the most safest place to be right now in the Philippines. We have no Covid cases here. :D

• Like 2
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, seraphinazz said:

“The War Is Over” - Gaemi. I think this is the one you’re looking for.

Nope, the piece I’m looking for comes right after that - a sentimental one.

@JoannaAlfson Thanks for the input, but it is definitely not Orbit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hikki said:

Guys, I need help! I’ve been wanting thIs particular bgm for the longest time and the instrumental OST has finally been released. It’s now available on Apple Music, or listen on Spotify for free.

The bgm in Ep1 starts from 11:17 where the Saviour comes in to rescue the young LG. I’ve been listening to the entire OST for the last 6.5 hours(I bought mine at 12noon) and I DON’T HEAR IT ANYWHERE:(

I would appreciate anybody with a pair of fresh ears with access to the OST if they could identify  that piece or if it’s indeed omitted. 

Kamsahamnida! :wub:

Someone ripped that portion, and I think it is indeed not part of the official OST

I guess I’ll ripped it myself and add to my music library then :tears:

Same case with Goblin - the part where Sunny held Reaper’s hand and he relived her Goryeo memories.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Hikki said:

Someone ripped that portion, and I think it is indeed not part of the official OST

I guess I’ll ripped it myself and add to my music library then :tears:

Same case with Goblin - the part where Sunny held Reaper’s hand and he relived her Goryeo memories.

Oh thanks for this! Sorry I didn’t end up helping! And also Goblin ep 3 when Euntak couldn’t stop thinking about Kimshin and while riding her bicycle she kept encountering banners about Goblin. That was a beautiful song. Why do they do this to us lol. 

• Like 3

Ahh ...Well It had to be an Open Ending Why...Ok Well LEEEUL is the Only OTP wherein 2 universes are Involved. (We do not know what Lady Noh is in KOC or maybe she Did not exist originally Like Eun Bi ,Kka Bi)

LG did His Fated JOB restoring the balance along with his troop.King can make an Identity for JTE, but why do we want JTE to leave her world and Position or for King to jusy abdicate , His father gave Him the responsibilty albiet too early but He has to abide by that as well.

Fate made Sure to Keep a Possibility of them being together instead of Human Mind Logical Explanation, This couple who Defied Universal Rules to be together, Are still defying them. World works on Logic unfortunately but They chose to create their Own Logical World to BE TOGETHER that is what matters. Killing a LUNA or LJH to no exist would be just cruel, if Fate wanted them dead they would have dead. They aren't so LeeEul fought and stayed.

For WHy Yoyo Kid was a Bully to SJ.

A. SJ was NOT BORN BRAVE, his hardships and Sense of Wrong and Right at a point where he was being bullied was dwindilling, (One mother wanted to commit suicide, One was a gambler, Ftaher was in Jail)FATE wanted to make him strong and NOT BE PRESSURED WHEN SOMEONE BULLIED HIM (LR was threating him, yet He chose to help LG, he was given money by Gangsters He refused to take it).HE WAS STOPPED FROM GOING on the WRONG PATH.Fate BECAME A BULLY to MAKE him Realize how even A RIGHT PERSON CAN WIN.

B. SJ had to connect with TE so he could trace the right path to LG and balance restoration, Even he was infatuated that was not enough Lead for him to be a shadow to TE, When he saw How TE helped him Then he became attached.FATE Created the situation so The Crucial Moment happened.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 6

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the end. This has been a community where we share our theories, opinions, and expertise. You have made this into a friendly space where we could share our interest for the drama. Your determination to read all pages of this LTE-fast thread is admirable. :)

In the midst of the challenges in the real world, the story of the parallel worlds, though mind-boggling, has become our escape. It has challenged us to expand our views and understanding, which made us appreciate more the hard work of the entire team of "The King." Lastly, thank you so much for your time. The greatest gift you can give somebody something is your time.

Do stick around, to ease our withdrawal syndrome. I believe there are viewers who would opt to binge-watch the drama after all episodes have been released. Who knows, they might come across this thread. It was great seeing you all here! :heart: 

@1ouise @2handsintertwined @4evrkdrama @acyellowsc @AgentQuake @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @Amy323 @andy78 @an-naum @AquariusMY @bebebisous33 @blobbityblobbityblob @briseis @CallieP @CarolynH @CatWhiskers @Chellsee @ChunSungIm @csmiller1954 @deabakdrama @Deepakmahajan @Dramanoona @Edgar Pordwed @Elnin Joery @Emmy Nur'aenny @extrodinairey @Flloy House @Geolyvseven @goldenashes97 @Goong_admirer @gtLmh0622 @Guine @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @gwin @Heilo @Heretorant @htk9207 @imels @Jad068 @Jaja @jangmi92_ @JC's Lingxi @Jemrie @jeonghyang @JMarei @Joanna Alfson @kaqueski @kboramint @Kdramatic @Killa92 @Kim Rama @Klaus @koreaboooo @krish indu @ktcjdrama @Layali @Learry @leeminhosny @LeftCoastOppa @lindas55 @LRM11219311 @lyrically aesthetic @madmad min @magiclily @mamabear @mingomingo @mrsj3n @ms_inquiry @msdot @mychoiyoung @Nikaa94 @nikki7 @nrbrown @Orientalfan @Phoenix88 @Poppy517 @realistic2280 @rocher22 @scrawford @SCSfanz @Spring Lady @superspace @SweetButters @Thong Thin @Time loop @Umjicheok @vangsweetie637 @Wanderer062287 @wenchanteur @Wis dom @x2020 @Yasaman Asghari @Yippeun_eonnie @YongZura⁷ @yuiy78

@Anagha @Ari10 @ATW @balletgoddess @binniejinniecultivator @Bukk66 @Cara @ChristineH @cynkdf @Euphoria81 @GreenTeandSASHIMI @hiii @Hikki @inBinJinitrust @jees1 @Jeess _yy @Joje @JoyceGEHisashiMitsui @Karina Yuventia @Katrina Abdul Talib@krish indu @lusciousgy @margerytka @Melissa Hadiwinoto @mouse007 @Nodame @NoonaCaana @Sejabin @seojiseoji @shershik @stn5 @suga02pearl @tulip06 @Ummi Hany @winnieho

(Apologies if I missed your names here. I tried my best to list all of those who posted in the last week.) 

Thank you @syntyche for taking the time to tag us all and thank you for making this thread :rolleyes: While I haven't commented on every post, I've read all your theories and it has been the best part for me. 

9 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

@SweetButters right? I need more. i've got so many wish lists from this episode that i just never got to see. it feels like they ran out of time from ep14 onwards and what we are seeing now is like a summary of what could have happened. If they can close it off with a one liner dialogue they close it off ;) 

I agree. Even though I'm satisfied with the ending, I wish we could've seen JY with nari doppelganger, and ES with nari a little more. Also I would've like to see SJ a bit more. That is why the ending feels a little bittersweet to me.They could've given us another episode to tie everything up properly. It felt a bit rushed.

@AgentQuake Let's hope we get a season 2 starring Jeong Tae Ra and Lee Gon  :joy:

9cb526888b9f979c99d4df2f23efd7ff91bd1398

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Am I the only one disappointed that the OST they released did not include a lot of the BGM on the show?  The BGM playing in that beheading scene is not even there!  Argh!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

24 minutes ago, seraphinazz said:

Oh thanks for this! Sorry I didn’t end up helping! And also Goblin ep 3 when Euntak couldn’t stop thinking about Kimshin and while riding her bicycle she kept encountering banners about Goblin. That was a beautiful song. Why do they do this to us lol. 

I don’t understand the rationale either, because motifs of that piece kept recurring throughout the series. 

I went to watch ep 3 of Goblin that you mentioned, but got no results with Shazam either. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gwin said:

Am I the only one disappointed that the OST they released did not include a lot of the BGM on the show?  The BGM playing in that beheading scene is not even there!  Argh!

Oh! That's such a shame! The music is so beautiful in that moment 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gwin said:

Hm... Maybe it will be in the Drama OST album?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ms_inquiry said:

Oh! That's such a shame! The music is so beautiful in that moment 

It's also the same music playing when LG first kissed JTE in episode 5.  I can't believe they didn't include this.  So bummed.

@Dramanoona what's the drama OST album?  They already released the entire OST, with all the songs and the background music. 22 BGM tracks and still lacking!  

EDIT:  I haven't even re-watched yet, but the BGM playing when JTE was introduced for the very first time is also not included.  As well as the piano version of the music used in a lot of JTE-LG moments (My Love?).  It's so annoying ugh.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Dramanoona said:

Hm... Maybe it will be in the Drama OST album?

the drama OST has already been released after the airing of the finale episode. Available on Apple Music, Spotify etc.

• Like 1