[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

11 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

@AgentQuake got atleast something right about the vacation and was the prediction by accident? We will get the answer on that shortly I hope

AHAHAHAHA

Kinda? 

She kept mentioning travel, and doing normal things, and going to the movies.  I thought they would go back in time once or twice to enjoy themselves but apparently they’re now living the life or those travel bloggers and going everywhere. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

6 hours ago, Prettysup said:

So why do they have to go all the way back to 1994 to kill Lee Lim? Can't they just kill him in 2020 and make things less complicated?

Because the half flute only allows them to go back to the period of his hearts greatest desire. Which is that night when it happened. 

6 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

@ck1Oz   It saved SJ from being in a coma.

Saved him and later we see Sin Jae as a big shot of a company walking out of a building with his bodyguards.  

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

So why do they have to go all the way back to 1994 to kill Lee Lim? Can't they just kill him in 2020 and make things less complicated?

In 2020, all the doppelganger exchanges had already taken place and disrupted the balance of the worlds. Killing LR in 2020 won't change any of the deaths which have been caused by LR.

Going to 1994 and preventing the exchanges from taking place is the best way to keep the balance.

The Yo-yo boy/man/deity had the choice to keep the string (yoyo) or to sever the string.

He decided to keep the string and that's why LG and TE could still keep their fate (of being each other soulmates)

Gy1Qea.png
xaSiDZ.png

14nvuq.png

• Like 5
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

Just now, flumpet said:

Saved him and later we see Sin Jae as a big shot of a company walking out of a building with his bodyguards.  

There were two SJ's.. The handicapped one is the one who became big shot company owner. He was saved from a crash when LG threw him the ball altering his fatal car crash incident that left him bedridden for the rest of his life 

• Like 4

Aww, I finally finished watching ep 16.  I liked it, but didn't love it.  I wish the battle between LL and LG would have been longer than, what 20 min?  I thought LL was a fabulous villain, so I would have wanted to see more.  I was disappointed with all the attention on SJ's character, that he didn't play a bigger role in bringing down LL.  Did LG use his tongue kissing JTE in the security room?  I was trying to get a look, but couldn't tell cuz his tongue is the same color as his lips lol.  

Regarding a season 2, as I mentioned before, I think a prequel would be more interesting especially if the original actors don't sign up for another season.  

I have some questions, but I'll back read and try to figure out the answers.

• Like 11

I like the banter between PM Koo and Luna here.

KSG: You as an assemblywoman shouldn’t have stole the people’s tax money like that

KSR: hey!

KSG: What?

KSR: *exasperate* it’s the law that’s messed up. Shouldn’t i received immunity as an assemblywoman? Gosh this is why i should’ve become Prime Minister. 

with everything that’s been happening around the world right now, this hits home. People in higher power would think it’s easier to put themselves above law. 

Credit to owner on ig

if anything one could take away from this drama is this- world is not always fair but the fight for justice must go on  

oh TKEM, thank you for the ride. Loving every moment every flaws every bumps every heartflutterings ...oh what could replace you? 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I just finished watching ep 16. Now I have courage to enter this forum Haha. Wow you guys are fantastic :lol: Last page I read was 865. Now already page 907. Omg So many pages for me to catch up. I am wasted.. totally wasted.. :Pwhat am I doing? I work night shift yesterday from 7pm to 7am. But today as I just arrive home at 8.00am, Take shower, eat breakfast then watch TKEM finale Online. 

Me after watching the finale

200_d.gif
To all the sweet  & cute moments in ep 16

giphy.gif
Finally Happy ending

I praised all the hardwork of actors,actress and crews of this drama for delivering such a great drama for us. The beginning of the episode is kinda suspend for me.. I went like.. did Captain Jo die? Did Lee Goon failed as Lee Rim obtain the whole Manpasijeok? :bawling: When JTE cry in the in between land. I did cried too. Like no!!! Then finally Lee Goon killed 1994 Lee Rim and he suceed. That moments was totally badass, especially when Lee Goon recite the poem about “Four Tiger Sword” I was getting goosebump. LMH acting was really on point.. his voice, his gaze, his actions.. are well delivered. I was so happy and relieved when the bullet finally shoot Lee Rim, there’s wind in the in the between land, the flower JTE plant actually grow, the baloon is moving:wub:

When Lee Goon went to find JTE in every universe as he can. I was totally impressed with KGE versatile acting. She can act so many differents characters. I laugh hardly at Jeong Taeri the Baeksang Award winner character :D So funny. Very different from uri Taeul.  But the moment Lee Goon meet the real Taeul. I am putting my hand on my big opened mouth :o then I smile widely and say.. finally.. That moments was really meaningful. So happy that everything is turning out to be good after Lee Goon went to change the past. Instead of meeting Lee Rim on the Bridge, KOC Shin Jae & mom meet imperial prince Buyeong.

So did PM mom adopt Luna? As PM ask Luna to take care of her mom when Luna visit her at the jail.  Haha the jail officer is the man who always help PM before right?  Lee Gon wardrobe person if I am not mistaken. So if Taeul and Shin Jae couple will never be together.. maybe Luna & Shin Jae couple will ? Glad Luna growing up to be good person after the change Lee Goon made :blush:. I am rooting for PM Moo to be a good PM for KOC. Did you guys root for her too? The moments her son appears on the stage  and asked Lee Gon who are you? is so cute.  Lee Goon is so sweet with the reply to the kid question. So the chairs we saw before is for this event not wedding ;)  

So Eun Sup actually get married to Nari. Wow congrats Eun Sup you got Na Ri in the end. But I would like to see their son or daughter haha. As for Captain Jo, hehe so he secretly dating Seung Ah but the king knew it already B) busted. I am glad KES give us happy ending. I am thankful and happy with the ending but I would love to see wedding or their baby in the ending actually :lol: but thankfully this ending is better than Goblin type of ending.  JTE look very beautiful in the 1960s outfit. I am having fun in this roller coaster journey with all of you dear monarchs.

tenor.gif?itemid=17296851

I will miss this couple badly. Hopefully more dramas, cfs, movies or guess on a show together for them in the future. Sorry for my long ranting.. now I am trying sleep as tonight I will still work night shift. 2 more nights to go before my off day arrive :phew:

• Like 7
  • Love 5

28 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

They had to find a point to go back in time, where everything that LR did could be undone.  And that point was 1994.

• Like 3

I didn't realize JY could be that viscous but that s e

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

I nearly peed myself when JY grabbed the cousin’s neck and did the superhero movie snap. 

I loved that scene, so hot. i thought it was just a regular guard, now that you mention its the cousin, that scene is even more satisfying 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, lilmisslisa said:

1. LG was able to bring Yeong back to Corea 2020 after he killed LR, then why couldn't LG go back to Korea 2020 as opposed traveling through the universe just to find the right door to TE?

2. And how did this all start? How did LG meet TE in the first place before all of this happened? 

1. LG killed LR in Corea. That forest was still in the Palace Grounds, that's why going back to gunned down JY was easy. Since the flute is now whole, the former wormhole is now different - there were many doors to open so it was not easy for LG to just go see Korea 2020.

2. It started as in Epi 1 - with the ID pic. That was not part of the reset.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

I didn't realize JY could be that viscous but that s e

I loved that scene, so hot. i thought it was just a regular guard, now that you mention its the cousin, that scene is even more satisfying 

@AgentQuake @SCSfanz Is it wrong that ive replayed that scene like 15 times now lol. I also was getting so hot over seeing that scene of JY shooting and ducking and sliding all over the place in the shootout like MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:love: 

giphy.gif

melissamccarthypassedout.png?w=610&fit=m

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

4 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

I hope they popped in in an universe where LG is running around with his stupid lil lighter scamming people. Lee Joon Jae probably stole all the buttons of his coat.

LG & TE in a universe with Joon Jae running around - that would have been a great cross-over

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3

12 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Wow...Yeong seems to be on the dancing floor...:)

I just realized he used his body to protect baby LG , that's how he those gunshots on his back.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Sad 5

49 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I have a headcanon

At some point, ES started working at the NIS.

He was probably part of the team that made presentation of Captain Ri being the softest.

We know he has a thing for strong silent men from other worlds. 

c9e2ff7bdfee01045432a1a4fd8031a638b2cbd8

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1