[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

25 minutes ago, Time loop said:

It's actully a quite good movie I would recommend it whenever you find time you should watch it. Give it a shoot  

I watched that movie few years ago and it's very forgettable and I don't remember half of the plot. Meh

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I have never tried Kimichi in my life but I guess the PPL has worked and I am definitely interested in trying it out. I gotta have kimichi in the coming days. I will seek out some restaurants where I can eat different types of Kimichi.

Am I the only one or it looks like lasagna to only me?

Hahahaha definitely not lasagna.  

My family is from Northern China, close enough to the NK border that my mom actually ate a lot of kimchi as a kid, so we ate it a lot growing up. It’s such a basic staple for so many easy dishes that I cooked with it all the time when I first moved out and couldn’t cook to save my life.  It’s certainly an acquired taste if you’re not familiar, but if you keep eating it then it basically becomes a habit and you can’t go without it.

I buy two types - fresh homemade kimchi from my mom n pop market to eat fresh, and then the massive tub of green lid kimchi for stews and other things.  So imagine my shock when I saw that for the past 10 years...I’ve been funneling money to the PPL folks.  The green lid kimchi is Eun Sup’s beloved Jongga Kimchi...sigh. 

I won’t eat BB.Q olive chicken in the USA though, it’s bad food court chicken :(  

• Like 9

I have a question 

Is the flute tied to their life force or their souls?  Or because their blood is embedded into the flute, it only allows their blood to open the gate?

Because if the flute is connected to LL/LG blood, then just bleed LL dry and carry a jar of his body fluids through.

Or kill him and just drag his corpse through like Weekend at Bernies.

This is why I would probably have been a villain in this story.

• LOL 19

2 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I have a question 

Is the flute tied to their life force or their souls?  Or because their blood is embedded into the flute, it only allows their blood to open the gate?

Because if the flute is connected to LL/LG blood, then just bleed LL dry and carry a jar of his body fluids through.

Or kill him and just drag his corpse through like Weekend at Bernies.

This is why I would probably have been a villain in this story.

I think we can just assume that it is tied to their life force or souls or else they could have just cut off his hand and held the flute with it. Hahahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

Which scene is it where the OTP rubbed thumbs?  I missed it :o

Did LMH ever say that he will be the King of Romance??? When?

Still it will have the powers a whole flute would, I think?

OMG! At the end  of 15, when he spoke to Lady Noh , he said , this is my last order as King to you. It sounds ominous to me. It feels so final, that it is the last order he will ever give her.

It’s trending in the couple’s thread. Somebody with an eagle eye spot it. During the hospital bench scene, they were sitting and holding hands, here is the link 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBH-Nndgsty/?igshid=ce5eketd4ojw

one of the time when LMH did a live on his IG. He was wearing white t shirt, and was on vacation. And he told his fans to look forward to his next drama, as he would be the king of romance. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

My family is from Northern China, close enough to the NK border that my mom actually ate a lot of kimchi as a kid, so we ate it a lot growing up. It’s such a basic staple for so many easy dishes that I cooked with it all the time when I first moved out and couldn’t cook to save my life.  It’s certainly an acquired taste if you’re not familiar, but if you keep eating it then it basically becomes a habit and you can’t go without it.

I buy two types - fresh homemade kimchi from my mom n pop market to eat fresh, and then the massive tub of green lid kimchi for stews and other things.  So imagine my shock when I saw that for the past 10 years...I’ve been funneling money to the PPL folks.  The green lid kimchi is Eun Sup’s beloved Jongga Kimchi...sigh. 

I won’t eat BB.Q olive chicken in the USA though, it’s bad food court chicken :(  

I have also never tried kimichi to be honest and it's difficult to find any kimichi here in London or maybe I haven't been looking probably but I think if I search hard I should be able to find couple of korean restaurants in london. 

The first thing I will say when I enter the restaurant from the door would be JANGMI I will greet them with the word Jangmi! Then proceed to ask for the same Kimichi he had in the car scene with JTE

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200608

"The King" Lee Min-ho, as expected, melodrama king was different ... Acting Power and Visual Acclaim
With the power of actor Lee Min-ho, the romance fantasy of "The King: Eternal Monarch" is being completed

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

It definitely looked like Lasagna to me visually but what dose it taste like and how do they make it? wheat flour?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, scrawford said:

It’s trending in the couple’s thread. Somebody with an eagle eye spot it. During the hospital bench scene, they were sitting and holding hands, here is the link 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBH-Nndgsty/?igshid=ce5eketd4ojw

one of the time when LMH did a live on his IG. He was wearing white t shirt, and was on vacation. And he told his fans to look forward to his next drama, as he would be the king of romance. 

What in the world? Did i watch:joy: are they really a secret item

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Insightful 1

Appreciate it if someone can explain to me about PM Koo's mom. I understand she arranged a secret code of 'what did you have for dinner?' with her mom and that answer should be mackerel. The fact that her 'mom' answered it wrongly shows that her mom was switched.

But, how? This new mom seems genuine and answers the call genuinely like a mom. So if she has been switched, means it must have been done years ago by changing history? I just can't comprehend this. The new mom looks like a nice mom - are we saying this doppelganger is actually from ROK and willing to switch to be here in KOC and pretend to be a mom? It cannot have just happened recently, right? Perhaps LL went back to switch history and give her a different mom from the beginning? Hence new mom is still considered her genuine mom but PM Koo a set of memories with her old mom and now with her new mom?

Sorry, I don't know why I just need this clarified to move on...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

Appreciate it if someone can explain to me about PM Koo's mom. I understand she arranged a secret code of 'what did you have for dinner?' with her mom and that answer should be mackerel. The fact that her 'mom' answered it wrongly shows that her mom was switched.

But, how? This new mom seems genuine and answers the call genuinely like a mom. So if she has been switched, means it must have been done years ago by changing history? I just can't comprehend this. The new mom looks like a nice mom - are we saying this doppelganger is actually from ROK and willing to switch to be here in KOC and pretend to be a mom? It cannot have just happened recently, right? Perhaps LL went back to switch history and give her a different mom from the beginning? Hence new mom is still considered her genuine mom but PM Koo a set of memories with her old mom and now with her new mom?

Sorry, I don't know why I just need this clarified to move on...

I read an explaination on this subject few pages ago and it says that the mom was not switched at all but she was taken hostage hence why she answered wrong on purpose

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

because if we do, I will even backtrack to who knows how many pages just to find @SweetButters super famous xray vision abs and post it on here so we can all celebrate!! :P

@SweetButters haha somebody’s gotta do it ;) so if we actually have a logical and happy ending, I will backtrack just to find that art of yours :D :lol:

@vangsweetie637 HAHAHAH oh dont worry I'm already coming up with my latest creation to be ready the day before ep16 hahah although im not sure if it'll beat my accidental drawing from earlier hahahahah :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

4 minutes ago, Adritz_ said:

Looks like we will get another altered (or new) memory in ep. 16! 

Hide contents

But didn't she have that necklace also before the time reset? I am completely missing the point here

• Like 4

Morning to everyone..

11 pages (as of now) of catch up to be done.

Will backtrack slowly so pardon me if I reply late or commented on something that's already commented. :sweat_smile:

Page 774 of 785:

12 hours ago, Goong_admirer said:

i always have this issue with time freeze that i hope someone enlightens me. When EXACTLY does the time freezes? At the point either LG or LL enters the portal? If that is so, anybody that enters immediately afterwards (such as JY at the end of ep 15) should be frozen after LG enters right? But JY clearly can move.

If it is frozen few minutes after, then the danger of JTE or SJ together with LL in that portal is not that eminent because they will not freeze, and thus LL cannot kill them. 

Actually I was thinking, those travelling together with the flute holder may not be affected by the time freezing. 

And then we have the scene at episode 15, whereby JY was holding LG's flute and he's able to cross the in between and back to LG immediately and there's no time freeze for anyone? Huh?

And if I remember correctly, when LG brought JTE over to KOC, I don't think there is any time freeze for JTE and also the rest of the Royal Guards.

Aiyo.. I think if we think more of it.. we will see more inconsistencies or we are just thinking too much. LOL

12 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

BUT! it would also mean that TE and LG would never have met since there would have been no memories at all. That's tragic.

That was JTE's understanding hence it was so heartbreaking when she said LG will have no memories of her at the hospital.

However LG seems to be talking about letting LR kill his younger self and thus cease to exist.

I'm having a headache just thinking that noble idiocy.

12 hours ago, madmad min said:

When They Cross the Portal then the Time should freeze. Eg-LG and JTE sat on Maximus rode through 0-1, just crossed over to KOC ...everyone sees JY and guards. LG should be breathing and animated, rest should have been frozen around sometime. (This is the 3rd or 4th travel from what I recall)..Why I say so because LG crossed over to KOC it was a bamboo portal, he never noticed the stillness and reach Main street WITH A HORSE. Time unfreezes doppleganger see the counterpart's reflection on a mirrored surface.JTE saw LUNA then everyone saw LG( time was frozen here for 4 minutes)

But LG said he missed the first frozen time at the park.

2nd time was in the palace when JY was calling for him at the garden and that's where he start counting.

Ok. I'm not gonna think too much about it. 

The headache is real. Lol

12 hours ago, Goong_admirer said:

That made sense. So time freezes at the exit of the travel. Now that really complicates the calculation LG has to do in the portal when he was on the way back.

Time to reach = time in the portal + time freezes outside + time to reach destination of the people he wants to meet + time to chat with everybody

Back to my rant above.

It's inconsistent.

Because of episode 15 at the bamboo forest with LG, LR and SJ.

11 hours ago, Goong_admirer said:

Now that you mention it, what is actually the impending danger that LL meant when he said to Gon, "who would Gon send to die accompanying him (LL) in the portal"?

I seriously just hope that JTE has it in her to kill LR in the in between to fertilise the earth some more so that LR won't go to remind the 2nd 1994 him. That is IF they both are going back to 1 hr before the 1994 treason.

---------

Page 775 out of 786:

11 hours ago, ms_inquiry said:

For example: In my opinion it would have been much scarier and created a lot of tension if LL through his doppelganger-scheme would have succeeded in killing the Prince’s granddaughter earlier

LR wouldn't know to target See Jin earlier because LG did not publicly announce her as the next in line and to succeed the throne after him.

It was only after LG announced, LR decided to kill off her. Hence LG was more adamant to kill LR now.

--------

10 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Hello fellow traveler!

I'm so determined to get all through the past and go to the present soon. Wait for me!! Hahaha

Tough luck! I'm still stuck myself. LOL

--------

Page 777 of 786:

8 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

We are finally free 

Yes!!! FREEDOMMMMMM!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

30 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I have also never tried kimichi to be honest and it's difficult to find any kimichi here in London or maybe I haven't been looking probably but I think if I search hard I should be able to find couple of korean restaurants in london. 

The first thing I will say when I enter the restaurant from the door would be JANGMI I will greet them with the word Jangmi! Then proceed to ask for the same Kimichi he had in the car scene with JTE

GoGo Pocha by Waterloo station :)  They are open late and absolutely freaking delicious.  There is also a small korean market right by the station entrance that does sell the PPL kimchi hahaha.  I didn’t buy any when I wasn’t there, nor did I feel the almighty PPL call. 

But GoGo Pocha is AMAZING. 

@Heilo - Napa cabbage, salted until soft and then seasoned with gochugaru (hot pepper flakes), fish sauce or salted shrimp, sweetener from fruit, and various veggies.  It’s then fermented for days to get sour and the refrigerated.  Fresh kimchi is spicy and a little sweet, and the longer it goes, the more sour and pungent it gets.  I usually let mine ferment for at least 3-6 months before using it for stew. 

The PPL brand actually comes in tiny bags to massive gallons, and it’s not super expensive!  

• Like 4

I have to read 20 pages to catch up.. dunno if anyone said this.. but this is what I think may happen / hope to happen

1. LG n JY stop the flute from breaking which means before bbLG breaks it n bfre bb LG is choked!! 

2. JTE takes care of bbLG sho instead of ID card bbLG remembers JTE n like LG, JTE tells bbLG to remember her n come fr her in 2019. Which bbLG remembers n goes to her with whole  flute!

3. SJ will pbly die while trying to save JTE if he goes to the past. SJ or LUuna brings LR to the forest.. LR is not in the car with JTE.

SJ's mom was trying to commit suicide in 94 n trying to push SJ..so SJ may likely die without the swap. so am guessing he will end up dying fr JTE instead. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1