[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

36 minutes ago, dramoron said:

Many people think PM Koo’s mom was replaced with her counterpart but i’m pretty sure mom still alive and got kidnapped. As you can see, the kidnapper is there beside mom wearing red clothes. One hand is holding mom’s phone, while the other hand holding knife (?). Mom answered “jjajangmyeon” instead of “mackerel” to let her daughter know that she is in danger. 

I think she is wearing sleeve protectors.

34db25b267be3e47ba350c4ba89f901b6cef57b8

• Like 1
  • Insightful 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

But it still makes sense that the people traveling with the flute holder does not experience the time stop as JTE and SJ seems to have not experienced it. JTE’s time freeze was prime number 5, and the formula is prime number squared. 5^2 is 25 seconds. That’s very short! So yes, there was time freeze but it was too short to have noticed. 25 seconds went by and then JY and his bodyguards rushed to them so JTE did not notice the time freeze.

Actually the times when TE could have observe time-freezes -

7th 17 289 4.82 mins LG to KOC   LG brings JTE to his world
8th 19 361 6.2 mins LG to ROK <> KOC   LG brings back JTE to ROK, 1st time TE planted seeds

22nd 79 6241 1 hour(s) & 44 min(s) LG to ROK 13 With ES and JTE and the coin flip thingy; 2nd time to plant seeds

The other possible explanation  is that the exits were in a forested area so by the time they see other people, the time has re-started.  But this cannot apply on the 3rd instance, That's why the notion came up that time spent InBetweenPlace could be "eating up" the time stops outside the wormhole.

ps: Did not include when TE was brought to KOC by LR cos she was drugged.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

8 hours ago, scrawford said:

I just want to highlight our couple for a hot minute here. I have been rewatching the whole hospital scene, especially when they sat on a bench and had a talk about their relationship. (Who’s here has grown thumb fetish after noticing that they rubbed each other’s thumb and that action appeared unscripted and done very subconsciously :D. )

Anyway, my point is, that talk on the bench is them reaching the point where they can no longer prolonged and ignore what needs to be done. They know it’s coming, but previously, they have been able to brush it off and live in the moment. JTE, had always be the one who skipped things because they don’t know how much time they have.

1). The conversation they had in her room, when they were discussing about Lee sang do murder might be connected to KOC, they talked about what’s coming and how it will effect their relationship, but they were still casual about it and go about their days while also aware that they need to live in the moment

2). When they where in the middle of nowhere, hoping to find JI hun’s mother, JTE talked about being in the moment and live like there is no tomorrow. Which led to bed scene episode 12 :).

but then, comes the church scene where LG’s finding that time is stopping longer and longer as people cross the gate, finally hit him in a real way, by watching JTE froze for over an hour, it becomes clear to him that their time is short together. And then comes the talk on the bench, they knew, JTE knew, but she was still in denial and this time, she didn’t even mentioned “we don’t know how much time we have” she actually suggested that they do the things they skipped. This is somewhat heartbreaking, she went from being realistic to in denial, and im

not saying it in a bad way in regards to her character, but it shown how much she wants to slow time and give time to their relationship. The moment LG said “Jeong Tae Eul” she knew what he was going to say, she knew what he planned on doing. That scene, showed that they can no longer buy time time for their relationship, the goal to restore and balance has to take place and unfortunate takes more priority. 

It breaks my my heart when JTE said “let’s forget about saving the world, let’s just go back and forth and live in the present”. That is so out of character for her, because she is written as someone who would fight for justice as would rather save the world than romance. But she was at her desperate point, and it’s really breaking my heart. Both LMH and KGE delivered this scene so well, LMH looked like someone who is Physically drained and tired, on top of that as someone who knew, the time is up. 

This scene is becoming one of my favorite scene. 

While this love stories had some backlash, I actually really love it and I love our OTP.

I’m just quoting what you said here because I love it! 

While the love story had some backlash at the beginning, it’s easily become the best I’ve ever watched! 

And we have to give it up to lmh and kge because their emotional acting vibrates on the same frequency. They’re totally in sync and perfectly matched! Best pairing up to date, hands down! 

@mychoiyoung did you say LeeEul is toppling the imja couple? I hate to admit it because I feel like I’m cheating on the Imja couple who I have loved for years but I can’t get enough of LeeEul! Their chemistry is just off the charts and their hugs are unmatched! Best hugs in the world! 

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, Time loop said:

This scene looks like something you have seen before from a movie? Can anyone guess which movie?

Random guess, but it reminds me to swords in Starwars??? Hahaha. That place is the place in-between world right. The pillars are not there before. I mean this scene is after he combines the flutes together or not. Well. I will rewatch this later after work. 

10 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

I think she is wearing sleeve protectors

Ahahaha. Oh dear. You break the old theories then. So what is this mackerel about? What does it actually mean? :lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

The amount of times I replied that scene is embarrassing lol! I got giddy over thumb rubbing moment. What is wrong with me? Yes... I am with you, this OTP will be and is the death of me. 

Their quite moments are some of the best , if not, the best in kdrama. So vulnerable, real and rip your heart out. I cried over that scene, and it was the first time I cried over kdrama since autumn in my heart. And I don’t cry easily. 

When Lmh mentioned That he will

be the king of romance, I thought it will be the signature KES fluff romance. While it has some of the fluff romance, I feel like what makes him the king of romance is the person that LG is, he wear his heart on his sleeve, straightforward, honest and he love unconditionally. His devotion to JTE is so sweet to watch, and let’s not forget to mention LG is one heck of a good kisser and once he gets in his “inconsiderate” mode... he is hawtttt!!!!.

In my opinion the king and mr, sunshine is the best romance KES wrote so far. 

Which scene is it where the OTP rubbed thumbs?  I missed it :o

Did LMH ever say that he will be the King of Romance??? When?

59 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

@CallieP He doesn’t have a whole flute. He has two broken halves. 

Still it will have the powers a whole flute would, I think?

OMG! At the end  of 15, when he spoke to Lady Noh , he said , this is my last order as King to you. It sounds ominous to me. It feels so final, that it is the last order he will ever give her.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Random guess, but it reminds me to swords in Starwars??? Hahaha. That place is the place in-between world right. The pillars are not there before. I mean this scene is after he combines the flutes together or not. Well. I will rewatch this later after work. 

Ahahaha. Oh dear. You break the old theories then. So what is this mackerel about? What does it actually mean? :lol:

Yes if you look at it from that perspective but dose it remind you of a movie? I am talking about the background

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Amy323 said:

Just noticed that she was actully wearing different things when these both moments happened in different timelines

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

FYI I just went to Costco in the US - the PPL kimchi, my spitting image, is now available.

It’s infiltrating my every day life.  

I wish The Alley would infiltrate, but it’s only in SoCal.  The crunchy cereal one looks so good.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

5 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Never seen that movie in my life. I don't watch many sci-fi only if it piques my interest

It's actully a quite good movie I would recommend it whenever you find time you should watch it. Give it a shoot  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Time loop said:

It's actully a quite good movie I would recommend it whenever you find time you should watch it. Give it a shoot  

I have a chinese drama on my bucket list. Called promise keepers its a new wuxia that came out earlier this year. I will give oblivion a shoot tho 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

FYI I just went to Costco in the US - the PPL kimchi, my spitting image, is now available.

It’s infiltrating my every day life.  

I wish The Alley would infiltrate, but it’s only in SoCal.  The crunchy cereal one looks so good.

I have never tried Kimichi in my life but I guess the PPL has worked and I am definitely interested in trying it out. I gotta have kimichi in the coming days. I will seek out some restaurants where I can eat different types of Kimichi.

CoxY.gif

Am I the only one or it looks like lasagna to only me?

• Like 3
  • LOL 10