[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

My head and my heart.  Still hurts even after sleeping on this episode.

I will start to backread soon, but for now I have a question:  If all of LG, JY, JTE and SJ return to 1994.... no one wins the poll?  Everyone's a loser?  :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

Page 758:

@1ouise

Wow! Good eye! I didn't notice that until you mention!

But it is so sad isn't it? Originally,  he seems to be such a nice guy when we saw him on episode 1 but not sure why they decided to make him annoying and then now the traitor.

------

Page 759:

@rocher22

so i guess he is the "death of a major character" that we read about days or week ago.

I mean.. present JY died.

1994 JY will still grow up no?

7 hours ago, jewliee said:

Has anyone discussed the possibility of JTE going back to 1994 and also helping JY and LG take down LR?

I was lurking the reddit thread and someone made a point that the glass fell BEFORE JY and LG walked in the preview? It sounded like LG isn’t intending on prioritize saving himself when he travels back to the savior scene again (based on what he told SJ), implying that he wouldn’t shoot the ceiling first...so maybe JTE gets there before them and shoots the glass? Hmmm...or maybe it’s SJ?

Yes!! That's what I thought too!!

Because JTE did bring LR to the rendezvous point and I'm sure she can't just be sitting duck and not do something!

Thank you for reinforcing my optimism and hope! 

:kiss_wink:

6 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

This show dosen't have any triangle and thank god for that tbh that is a concept that has been overdone again and again and again in Kdramas. Two girls fighting for one guy or vice versa where two guys are fighting for one girl 

Technically, PM tried but failed.

LG totally blocked off all her moves. LOL

• Like 12
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Amy323 said:

What could JTE possibly ask Luna to steal for her?

@Amy323 What else? That freaking ID card haha !!! Luna was the before version of JTE who got a little lost from the first time around trying to find LG once he erased everything. The JTE we see now figures out that Luna is her, she will tell Luna to go get the other ID card so that when JTE goes into the portal with LR to that night of treason, she will have something to give to young LG so he can remember her. That's why JTE tells Luna to take care of their dad since she's going to be gone for awhile. Plus an earlier article did say "Luna" is central to this whole story! Also if you remember in ep11, Luna tells yoyo kid to keep the knife so he can "use it to protect what belongs to you" and in ep12 LG says similar things to JTE by saying "Ill always protect what belongs to me".

JTE only makes the decision to go once she sees the flowers fading and if you remember the only thing different from a previous time is that JTE doesnt tell LG what flowers she likes and so its assumed that in a previous timeline or whatever, that KHM (formerly KSJ) was the one that had originally gone instead of JTE. Also here's the example that Luna is JTE.....YOYO KID. Basically yoyo kid has been JTE's spiritual guide in all the important moments in her life because yoyo kid was trying to help her even if she may not have known it. For example, when she was "Luna" because she forgot she was JTE. Also, yoyo kid was the one that caused JTE to get a new ID card made. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 11

2 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Technically, PM tried but failed.

LG totally blocked off all her moves. LOL

It was not your average everyday triangle as the show was not trying to go down that road. She sort of had a crush but was nothing more then that and just one-way crush. She was not a threat to JTE at all as LG was never into her with JTE presence or not

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, gwin said:

I will start to backread soon, but for now I have a question:  If all of LG, JY, JTE and SJ return to 1994.... no one wins the poll?  Everyone's a loser?  :joy:

The poll was only for episode 1 unfortunately so the retry of them going back again would be outside of what we saw in episode 1 which means the poll counts 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

Exactly! The future changed but he still went to see her. But when?! :scream:

All I need to know:

WILL THEY KISS HERE AGAIN?! 

THEY BETTER!! 

giphy.gif

I’m going to flip the world if we don’t get anymore kisses!! I need a deep and passionate kiss here. I also need a happy kiss when they reunite! Give me 2 good kisses in episode 16 and I will forgive any plot holes! I mean it lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 21

1 hour ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

:joy:

I mean, if I knew I had no chance with my crush I would just shut up huhuehueuheuhe

Exactly. She has reached to a point she is willing to die for LG now and he tried to come out just now. That train left 100 years ago

• Like 7

Just now, Heretorant said:

All I need to know:

WILL THEY KISS HERE AGAIN?! 

THEY BETTER!! 

I’m going to flip the world if we don’t get anymore kisses!! I need a deep and passionate kiss! 

I'm upset about that too. I remember requesting at least 1 kiss each episode but no kisses this episode or the last one and we're left with only 1 more episode. Better have some long passionate kisses, baby making kisses. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Am I the only one but all these baddie pics just crack me up.. WTF! I can't take some of you guys serious with these pics! LMAO.

When will losers term expire? We need to pull them down max 48 hours from now. The whole thread has turned into one freak show villain

• LOL 13

1 hour ago, lilmisslisa said:

Hi Everyone,

I am still very confused how the 2020 version of LR is still alive when he went back in time to 1994 and got himself killed by the 1994 LR. How is it that he's still alive in 2020 when LG caught back up to the time when they both left? If LR remembered the 1994 even and chose to not go back because he knew he'd get killed and stayed in the new timeline, then doesn't that mean that LG wouldn't have been able to go back also which would then mean Prince B's son wouldn't have gotten shot in the leg and limping in 2020....my brain hurts.. wish this was better explained.. :-/

same here...confused till dont know which is left or right . Brain :tired:a

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, Elnin Joery said:

Am I the only one but all these baddie pics just crack me up.. WTF! I can't take some of you guys serious with these pics! LMAO

Not just you. Me too.

I can’t recognize who is who anymore :lol:

I used to not even read usernames and would know right away who it is. Now I’m like, “wait, I wrote this!” I can’t even recognize my own self and reread my own posts while backtracking :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 16

12 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Am I the only one but all these baddie pics just crack me up.. WTF! I can't take some of you guys serious with these pics! LMAO.

When will losers term expire? We need to pull them down max 48 hours from now. The whole thread has turned into one freak show villain

I will villian my way until i serve my term 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

1 hour ago, 122am said:
Spoiler

Hi everyone, been trying to read every page of this thread but there are just too many details.

Like you all, I have been faithfully watching every episode.

Kim Go Eun must have saved her country in her past life. First she acts with Gong Yoo with steamy scenes and now she gets all this princess treatment with Lee Min Ho, he even dries your hair for you? Girl, you're so lucky!

I agree with the comments that the hugs and emotions seem real and natural, especially in the hospital scenes.

I have been watching most of LMH's drama and I think his romantic scenes are the most natural here. He has matured as an actor and he got himself a very good acting partner in KGE.

I am a fan of hers and have watched Goblin multiple times, also some of her movies (I tend to like her in romantic roles only, so I watched Tune In For Love and Cheese in the Trap too). She is very good in building rapport with her co-actors. They always seem natural around her. For example, I find LMH not as natural in Legend of the Blue Sea. 

In TKEM, you can see their couple chemistry get much better in the middle episodes after she visited Corea for the first time.

Because of this, and leading up to it, you can really see LMH's real emotions from the hospital outdoor hugging scene where LMH's tears just flowed. The church scene where time froze as their photo was taken too. I think it's my first time to see his raw emotion captured so much that he even cried tears from his nose.

I really enjoy such acting from him because he always looks perfect. He can truly enter the next level when such a perfect looking person/idol can 'let go' in front of the camera and look human and vulnerable. This is especially so for LMH specifically because he has been taking on these 'Prince Charming', 'hero comes in and saves the day', 'I'm so handsome I'm so chaebol' type of roles from the start. Maybe next drama he can take on a role where he is poor and lives in basement apartment, just a normal human. 

After TKEM, I hope KGE takes up non-blockbuster roles. Goblin and TKEM are enough, I hope she acts in maybe murder case drama, or good-feeling slice of life drama like Hospital Playlist. 

As for ep 16, I'm looking forward to see how this wraps up. After watching KES drama (I'm also huge fan of KES, and huge fan of LMH and KGE, so you can see how I get really excited for every episode of TKEM), I feel that her plot is not so tight in this drama. I wish she had maybe 24 episodes so that it's not so choppy and all over the place.

For instance, I find Luna's character development so limited. It will be cool if there was more backstory to Luna, such as developing romantic feelings for Sin Jae, etc. JTE's father is also lacking in scenes. We know nothing about him except his taekwando school and he likes to patrol as neighbourhood police volunteer. Na Ri has so few scenes! What happened to Na Ri's equivalent in Corea? She just disappeared from the plot. I'm waiting for JY and Corea-NaRi to fall in love too. Also, how about little yoyo boy? He just turns up and speaks to people randomly, there could have been a more elegant explanation for this interesting character. So many things unanswered and left hanging. 

16 eps is just too short for this type of epic plotline. It's too rushed. There isn't a breather in between the scenes. For example, in Goblin, the actors had time to argue and cook, or go out and take a walk. In Mr Sunshine, there are wide-angle shots of beautiful scenery and landscapes. The premise is good and I can see a lot of research went on to establish the timing and the mathematics. 

Maybe 40 eps will be good for TKEM, like the Chinese period drama ones. 

Overall, it just feels like KES has this really great idea for a drama, writes it up but squeezes it all into 16 eps. Like writing a thesis for final year of university, only to produce a summary. 

I still love and look forward to every ep, but I really really wish she could have refined and done what she really wanted with the show with enough air-time. 

Me jumping with joy if there is 40 episodes however we have 1 more episode and me keeping my fingers cross now to hope for the best, however reading those theories posted here, am :worried:  for JY & JTE.

Edited by Jillia
Quote too long
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I will life in the way of the villians until i serve my term

I am sending petition to end our "i am the loser - villains" term once the page turn 770, so that we can be beautiful and happy again for the next 7 days. Lets be loving, sweet, stinkily cute to one another. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 8