[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

That was a detailed post I most admit but after seeing the body figure of saviour #1 I lean now more towards double Lee Gon's being present and perhaps a 3rd will join them soon once this LG travels back in time or it will just remain 2 LG's but I beginning to become certain of 2 LG's being present. 

What convinced me was the gif where Saviour 1# went down to the take the gun from the downed palace guard I am certain that is LG body figure 

I’m on this boat! 

I rewatched the end of episode 13 and here’s what I picked up:

1:09:49 - LG looks in the mirror and saw himself in savior #1. 
1:09:54 - 1:09:56 - He recalls savior #1’s super human skills. This part is suspicious to me because they still hid the savior’s face. It doesn’t eliminate the chances of him being someone else. 
But 11:11:03 - A shot of LG’s shoes shown, same pair of shoes as savior #1

1:12:04 - Savior #2 is shown clear as daylight, it’s LG. 

If at no point in the next 3 episodes, LG decides to give away his shoes to JY or SJ, I’m going to say both saviors are LG.

The question to me is not “are there two saviors?” The question is “who, other than LG, was present that day.“ I don’t believe the different shoes were a mistake on the wardrobe’s team. The two walking scenes must have been deliberately placed there so later when they reveal there are 2 saviors, it will all make sense. Some people here on soompi have sharp eyes and hence why we all figured out they were different shoes and possibly different saviors so we won’t be as shocked. But I guarantee more than half the audience will be mind blown. 

Rewatching it, I also notice something odd about Luna like @scrawford pointed out. 

11:09:18 - Luna seems frozen until 11:11:02

Could she possibly be frozen? @wenchanteur I think you might be on to something. 

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

Just shove him in in the time machine over and over and over again until we get a Lee Gon for each LMHoe. 

I want one with the curly bangs that Heo Joon Jae had.  The forehead side swept hair is glorious but I was watching the scene of HJJ flailing on his bed from Lobster yesterday and I MISS HIS CURLY BB HAIR!

I loved him in that curly hairstyle! One for me too! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

Didn't you recognize it was a PPL ? :weary:

2 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I was thinking the same while imagining Morpheus from the matrix meme ''What if I told you - That the spoilers were no spoilers''

you guys mean to tell me:

tenor.gif?itemid=10708883

:joy:

@syntyche i am going with JY/LG combo or 2 LG combo at this moment. We haven’t been able to see much of JY’s character progress in the last few episodes.  But there is no way his skills were shown to us for no reason. 2 LG is possible since we saw far future LG already. And I am hoping all our theories don’t come down to a wardrobe fail because man, that wouldn’t be right to us :expressionless:

I really hope they give us more on JY/SJ in the upcoming episodes. I feel like these two have lacked character progression in the last few episodes. They are building us to believe we are going to see comatose SJ so I hope it’s carried through and we get no interruptions like a huge knock on the door or a loud “excuse me sir, you cannot go in there!..” it has happened many times in the drama world <_<:lol:

Heck (I can’t believe I am saying this) but even PM had her moment to shine when she switched over to LR, suffered the mark of the dead, and had a verbal showdown with TE in the hallway.  of course, to me, she still gotta go..

Spoiler

FrigidFreeAmericanwarmblood-max-1mb.gif

far and away, PM. And forever. 

:joy:

my goodness. This is my 5th attempt to post this on my phone. My tab keeps refreshing itself and I am about to go crazy because I keep having to make sure my comment didn’t get deleted.

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I've decided something - I'm okay WITHOUT a wedding ceremony scene. 

It's possible that we may get the scenes around a wedding - presents in the bedroom, whatever they filmed in LG's room, and what looks like a half complete set up of wedding chairs.  Because that won't change the fact that they got married, and they get a happily ever after.  I find that scenes where the couple talks before/after a wedding much better, although weddings are pretty. 

Obviously I would like pre-wedding/wedding/post wedding/baby making scenes, but if it comes down to it, I want to see what their happy ending actually consists of, rather than a wedding.

Yes, this rant stems from the fact that those chairs are so ugly and that room is hideous and I cannot believe that that is what we get for wedding décor.

Westminster Abbey is so beautiful and I want them to have a wedding like Wills and Kate okay THE CAMBRIDGES AREN'T EVEN FIRST IN LINE LET ALONE THE KING.

I need a wedding that's as grand as Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo's.

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:
6 hours ago, x2020 said:

etc

Interrogation room : SJ and YTE with LL

How did I miss that?

Interrogation room is 2021?please confirm.

I need to see episode 1 again :(

I think @x2020 made a friendly mistake. I just watched it to confirm and it’s 2020.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Yes, this rant stems from the fact that those chairs are so ugly and that room is hideous and I cannot believe that that is what we get for wedding décor.

Westminster Abbey is so beautiful and I want them to have a wedding like Wills and Kate okay THE CAMBRIDGES AREN'T EVEN FIRST IN LINE LET ALONE THE KING.

I need a wedding that's as grand as Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo's.

Dear Lord , you seem to be so damn disappointed with Chairs so much...The Trajectory of thoughts went Staright from Korea to UK to Genovia ??Lol, Princess Diaries had the Former Queen Clarisse to arrange all the event hoopla with ample time. Lady Noh doesn't even get a Hi Bye these days to prep for one. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

8 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Dear Lord , you seem to be so damn disappointed with Chairs so much...The Trajectory of thoughts went Staright from Korea to UK to Genovia ??Lol, Princess Diaries had the Former Queen Clarisse to arrange all the event hoopla with ample time. Lady Noh doesn't even get a Hi Bye these days to prep for one. :lol:

So true, even LG told Secretary Mo to postpone it so they might not have enough time to prep the wedding. I blame LG. He can't give JTE a good proposal so he's not going to get any answer from her. All that money he has and it result in cheap fabric covering chairs. Also why reuse the venue? Even his office looks way better than that place. <_<

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

@Heretorant clearly needs to start planning.  She is Secretary Mo.

Speaking of Genovia, I used to think Lord Nicholas on that stupid bike was the hottest thing, but LG on the thicc horse has beaten him to the ground.

Are we sure it’s the wedding and not PM’s execution?  LG put out his ugliest chairs for the occasion. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

3 hours ago, CallieP said:

What is  #2 now since King is #3 and BOF #1? Very curious.

My mistake i think the king has surpassed it. It has been a mammoth hit on netflix perhaps it has already eclipsed that one long time ago. I would actully say the king is 2nd currently 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I think @x2020 made a friendly mistake. I just watched it to confirm and it’s 2020.

@Heretorant Keep in mind though that its 2020 ROK time with a paper of LR's from KOC. There is time dilation. Technically, for those in living in ROK who didn't know of the portal or wormhole, they would say he's actually 69. However, if you are in ROK and know that there is time dilation going on through the portal then he's 70. Hahah all of us just needs to keep going back and forth through the portal so we remain young looking to everyone in either worlds lol. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@Heretorant Keep in mind though that its 2020 ROK time with a paper of LR's from KOC. There is time dilation. Technically, for those in living in ROK who didn't know of the portal or wormhole, they would say he's actually 69. However, if you are in ROK and know that there is time dilation going on through the portal then he's 70. Hahah all of us just needs to keep going back and forth through the portal so we remain young looking to everyone in either worlds lol. 

No wonder JTE's skin is glowing. It's not the effect of the PPL. It's due to her having went to KOC twice already. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

4efa914899e04622a5a4b55b49a2d94c.jpeg?s=

3 Of Kim Go Eun’s Most Impactful Lines In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Transforming into a courageous and skilled detective for “The King: Eternal Monarch,” Kim Go Eun has been receiving high praise for her powerful portrayal of the character.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” tells the story of Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), who live in parallel universes, one where Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one that is similar to the modern-day republic.

By using her witty sense to navigate between the two universes, Kim Go Eun is able to keep her composure even when remembering her kidnapping by Lee Rim (Lee Jung Jin) and when she discovers Luna, a criminal from the opposite universe who looks exactly like her. While impressively combatting the confusion as well as all the forces against her, she provides another source of charm and entertainment through her fairytale-like romance with Lee Min Ho. Here are three of her best lines that showcase her bravery, wit, and soft heart!

1. “Let’s go to your universe then. I’ll go and say ‘I am the Queen of this country.’

The very first time Jung Tae Eul meets Lee Gon, she surprises him by staying strictly in character as a detective, telling him, “Those who have committed crimes can’t sleep comfortably, and those who get chased eventually get caught.” Lee Gon, on the other hand, is already familiar with her and comments, “Finally, I get to see you. Detective Jung Tae Eul.” Despite his romantic charms, Jung Tae Eul takes him straight to the police station for a DNA test after being unable to confirm his identity.

Kim-Go-Eun-2.jpg

After repeatedly claiming that he is the Emperor of a parallel universe, Lee Gon makes a sudden proposal, saying, “Detective Jung Tae Eul. I’m going to make you my Empress.” Although initially caught off guard, Jung Tae Eul casually responds, “Okay, let’s go. Hurry and walk. Let’s go to your universe then. I’ll go and say ‘I am the Queen of this country.’ Where do we have to go? Lead the way.” By staying calm and witty, Jung Tae Eul showed off a refreshing response to Lee Gon nonchalantly trying to charm her and talk his way out of the situation.

2. “Even if they try me, I’ll let them. You have to make cracks to find balance.”

Once Lee Gon finds out how to take Jung Tae Eul to his universe, she discovers that every apparent lie he told was true. She also learns about the traitor Lee Rim, who killed Lee Gon’s father, Emperor Lee Ho (Kwon Yool). When she returns to the Republic of Korea, she discovers audio files on a phone being used for the case of Lee Sang Do (Kim Jong Tae) that are associated with Lee Gon’s universe. Realizing that their two worlds are connected, she decides to begin working with Lee Gon to uncover the truth.

She explains this decision to him, saying, “Even in this moment, things that were supposed to happen are happening, and I’m sad thinking this lifestyle is temporary. I’ve decided to love my fate, which has chosen me,” finishing by telling him, “I love you.” Later, she rips off the photo of Lee Sang Do on the wall at the police station and exclaims, “Even if they try me, I’ll let them. You have to make cracks to find balance.”

3. “Among 17, this is the 10th rule. Don’t get scared ahead of time. That hasn’t happened yet.”

While Jung Tae Eul and Lee Gon continue with their cooperative detective work, Lee Rim’s actions take a sharper turn, and he ends up killing Lee Jong In (Jun Moo Song), Lee Gon’s closest royal servant. He eventually kidnaps Jung Tae Eul and takes her to Lee Gon’s universe to be used as a bargaining chip. Jung Tae Eul escapes and is saved by Lee Gon at the very last moment when in danger of being captured again. When Jung Tae Eul regains the memory of her kidnapping, she searches for Lee Rim’s forest.

Each time the doors between the universes open, time stops for increasingly longer periods, meaning that the legendary flute of the Silla Dynasty (manpashikjeok) — of which Lee Gon and Lee Rim each have a piece — must be made whole again. Lee Gon expresses fear that the door will close permanently if the flute becomes whole, but Jung Tae Eul reassures him with a smile, saying, “Among 17, this is the 10th rule. Don’t get scared ahead of time. That hasn’t happened yet.”

Production company Hwa&Dam Pictures shared, “With the combination of Kim Eun Sook’s vibrant and dynamic script and Kim Go Eun’s skilled acting, detective Jung Tae Eul, who chooses love and fate for herself, was able to be perfected. Please look forward to what Jung Tae Eul will do in the future when faced with fate in the parallel universe.”

SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” airs its next episode of June 5 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1404249wpp/3-of-kim-go-euns-most-impactful-lines-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 6
  • Love 13

15 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

@Heretorant clearly needs to start planning.  She is Secretary Mo.

Speaking of Genovia, I used to think Lord Nicholas on that stupid bike was the hottest thing, but LG on the thicc horse has beaten him to the ground.

Are we sure it’s the wedding and not PM’s execution?  LG put out his ugliest chairs for the occasion. 

omo!! If it’s the PM execution then by all means, use those chairs!! 

because this will be me:

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 18

15 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Guys, if you had a choice... would you want to live in a Constitutional Monarchy KOC, or a Constitutional Republic ROK?    

I would have to say Monarchy KOC. It has way higher GDP and seems to be more advanced definitely the right choice and I think if the opportunity was real most koreans would chose to live under Lee Gon as their supreme ruler tho I don't think they would care about the constitution or LG but the majority would sign up to cross over due to mainly the GDP there is plenty of wealth in Lee gon's world as the supreme leader and to be frank a job that suits Lee Min Ho.. Imagine Lee Min Ho landing in washtingon to meet the current president it would be such a fanfare show or anywhere in the world. Fangirls would come out yelling his names he would be the first states leader to have massive fanbase. He would cause security issues when visiting but it would be a great occasion

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

16 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Imagine Lee Min Ho landing in washtingon to meet the current president it would be such a fanfare show or anywhere in the world. Fangirls would come out yelling his names he would be the first states leader to have massive fanbase. He would cause security issues when visiting but it would be a great occasion

Sorry to make this about our current events, but I think we all would like to live in the KOC's version of the United States, whatever it is. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Guys, if you had a choice... would you want to live in a Constitutional Monarchy KOC, or a Constitutional Republic ROK?    

It's easy I would chose the monarchy... 

Spoiler

original.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

28 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Monarchy cause 

BMjnOTG.png

Who wouldn't want bills with LMH's face on it?

• Like 1
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1