[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

haha even to this day, I still remember how BeetleJuice looks like :lol: i agree and also, I believe there has to be a reason why he tells SJ that he will go into any battlefield with the King. He wouldn’t let LG go into a fight by himself.

I could never get thru the beetlejuice due to the extreme over-acting involved in the premise even as a kid. It's very cartoonish but it would have been much better if it was cartoon. :joy:

From LG's point of view he would obviously take with him his most trusted personnel 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Hello! I have a question (again pardon if this has already been asked huhu): but when does time stop again? Whenever anyone uses the gate? Or just LL and LG?

Edit: Oh but wait LL and LG are essentially the only ones who can open it with the Manpa-something, unless they entrust it with someone else. Hmmhmhmmm

The reason I asked is because I'm thinking, instead of doing his flop doppelganger scheme, why can't LL just ask one of his minions to keep using the gate so that the time will stop and he can get inside the palace and steal LG's half?

Oh right. Cos LG can move. But he can stay inside LG's room and wait for him to fall asleep?

Okay clearly I just woke up and my head is scrambling. Move along.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Time loop said:

Yes. Definitely. I am usually very active normally but due to quarantine first time I am experiencing inactivity

The worst about the lockdown was the closure of all gyms. I hang out and work in gyms :rage:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Time loop omo..that makes sense. And PM always had this look on her..like she committed a crime and is scared to be found out. She may have actually killed her doppelgänger after all.

She could have but I think it's unlikely don't think LR would demand that from a high ranking official to butcher a lowly peasant just to prove her loyality. Most likely his minions killed her 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I was thinking the same it seemed like a good stash of chicken was sitting on top of each other. I am more of McDonald's person then KFC just not impressive with the taste. I like more Popeyes

Popeyes is pretty good but right now, the chicken here in TKEM looks very delicious. When they bite onto it, I can hear the crunch. Like, dang..and only one bite. Come on!! :lol:

30 minutes ago, Time loop said:

Time seems to have run quickly these days or is it just me or the quarantine

right now, i am glad I am at home quarantined and here with you all to talk about TKEM instead of what’s going on out there. I wouldn’t mind time traveling to meet LG :rolleyes: we would sit and sip Soju and I would let him know of all the theories we have here. It will save himself some headaches too lol. 

14 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I could never get thru the beetlejuice due to the extreme over-acting involved in the premise even as a kid. It's very cartoonish but it would have been much better if it was cartoon. :joy:

From LG's point of view he would obviously take with him his most trusted personnel 

i agree! A cartoon would have been so much better. As a kid, BeetleJuice can be quite traumatizing haha. Some of us did speculate that one savior can be TE. I wonder if KES is trying to misdirect us here by making us think it’s JY or SJ when it could have been TE, too. :sweatingbullets:

11 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Hello! I have a question (again pardon if this has already been asked huhu): but when does time stop again? Whenever anyone uses the gate? Or just LL and LG?

Time only stops when either LR or LG crosses over. Only the ones who have the flute can access the gates. So far, we know only LG and LR has the flute. But this can change towards the ending episodes as we already see that Time may have stopped when LG ran towards the streets but he didn’t have the flute with him. Yet, he didn’t freeze either.

@Time loop i agree. PM seemed scared but I don’t think she would have done the deed of killing her doppelgänger. LR on the other hand can easily kill anyone. I can’t wait until LG tells her “Off with her head!” :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

14 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Actually time stops for almost everyone except those who use the gate because they will be walking inside the in between.

And LL and LG are the exception if they are not the one using the gate. 

2 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Time only stops when either LR or LG crosses over. Only the ones who have the flute can access the gates. So far, we know only LG and LR has the flute. But this can change towards the ending episodes as we already see that Time may have stopped when LG ran towards the streets but he didn’t have the flute with him. Yet, he didn’t freeze either.

Or he could have the flute in his jacket?

It looks like a pretty big jacket with deep pocket?

Hahahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I think imma reserve my judgment until the end. As much as I love the series so far, I still have too many whys and what ifs and what fors, which I hope would be wrapped up (oops) nicely in the next 3 episodes. But I heard that TKEM has the highest rating on imdb so far among kdramas? Daebak!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Oh right. Cos LG can move. But he can stay inside LG's room and wait for him to fall asleep?

All of a sudden, this drama turned into a stalking horror movie :lol::lol::lol:

To answer your question, I don’t believe LR will ever entrust his flute with anyone. It’s basically handing his powers over. The time stops every time someone uses the gate. In this case, only LR and LG have the key to access the gate so yes, time stops only when they cross. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

1 minute ago, Heretorant said:

All of a sudden, this drama turned into a stalking horror movie :lol::lol::lol:

To answer your question, I don’t believe LR will ever entrust his flute with anyone. It’s basically handing his powers over. The time stops every time someone uses the gate. In this case, only LR and LG have the key to access the gate so yes, time stops only when they cross. 

Right right.. and here I am thinking I can outsmart KES's plot.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

9 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

And then I crash landed hard on their ship the second she got onto Maximus and ended up in his world, and he told her his name.

This was seriously the moment for me. I call it the moment of all moments. I remember I was still lurking here then boom once that moment happened then I was active.. 

Gravity playing in the behind plus the scenery everything just hit the right spot for me

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

6 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

This was seriously the moment for me. I call it the moment of all moments. I remember I was still lurking here then boom once that moment happened then I was active.. 

Gravity playing in the behind plus the scenery everything just hit the right spot for me

Such a nostalgic scene while seeing them relive that scene on the trailers released recently after the time reset my eyes got teary 

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, Time loop said:
44 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Time loop omo..that makes sense. And PM always had this look on her..like she committed a crime and is scared to be found out. She may have actually killed her doppelgänger after all.

She could have but I think it's unlikely don't think LR would demand that from a high ranking official to butcher a lowly peasant just to prove her loyality. Most likely his minions killed her

My take on it: she killed her doppelgänger or ordered LR to do it. She doesn’t need to kill to prove her loyalty but she does need to kill in order to not be at a disadvantage. If her counterpart is alive, LR can always switch her if he wanted. But if her counterpart is dead, there’s no way. She’s actually head to head with LR. She doesn’t need to prove her loyalty but he needs to prove his. That’s my guess until proven otherwise lol. 

8 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Right right.. and here I am thinking I can outsmart KES's plo

I just wanted to add, some genius people here did all the work and wrote out all the times time stopped, which prime number it correlates to and how many seconds time stopped for. Considering how long time stopped during the photo of boom in episode 12, they were able to calculate which prime number we’re currently on. They tracked down how many times LR and LG have crossed the gate and what do you know, it adds up to the prime number we’re currently on. So that’s proof the time only stops when they cross. Well, they are the only ones who have the key after all. 

I believe that genius was @madmad min

10 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I never really get into people’s characters much until a few episodes in, no matter how much I love the actor/actress.

When JTE showed up, I was like...confident, seems clumsy, mildly interesting—OH MY GOD SHE JUST SMASHED THE CAR AND ROUNDHOUSED HIM YAS QUEEEEEN BREAK THE MEN.

I liked Lee Gon but didn’t quite know what to make of him (aside from SO FRACKING HOT) but in epsiode 2 when he just let JTE manhandle him with a smile on his face, I love him.

And then I crash landed hard on their ship the second she got onto Maximus and ended up in his world, and he told her his name.

It’s still my favorite line, and the moment when the drama went from “good TV” to “post screaming rants on soompi at all hours of the night”.  And then it got even better cus he told her dad his name.  

Me, me, me!

And now that I’m to the point of no return, I rewatch them and am so biased, I love them in every scene! 

LG hugs JTE upon first meeting.

Me before: ok.. a bit cheesy but I can live.

Me now: HUG HIM BACK!!! :bawling:

:lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

17 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Wow what a journey it has been from that scene. Not just for the characters but for us here too huhuuu

• Like 3
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

My take on it: she killed her doppelgänger or ordered LR to do it. She doesn’t need to kill to prove her loyalty but she does need to kill in order to not be at a disadvantage. If her counterpart is alive, LR can always switch her if he wanted. But if her counterpart is dead, there’s no way. She’s actually head to head with LR. She doesn’t need to prove her loyalty but he needs to prove his. That’s my guess until proven otherwise lol. 

She obviously wanted her double killed but I don't think she killed her with her bare hands but rather ordered as you said. Your guess is absolutely correct 

• Like 3
  • Love 1