[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

5 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Lee Lim left the body for a short period of time in the area where time elapses slower than QOK. This served him as a freezer...

But why would he do that? Why would he wait for an year to pass in KOC to expose the dead body? 
I was asking “why” , not “how”?

Edited by Anagha
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, violet.ears said:

If both saviours are LG, did JTE from a different timeline buy LG a different pair of black shoes? :lol::lol::lol:

LOL that's one possibility since everything is a loop right ?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

16 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

I watched that scene again and again but i can't find the 2nd pair of shoes :(  

anyway, what if... LG went back twice. so there were 2 of him? lol. far fetched. 

@mychoiyoung shared this post in one of her earlier replies. There are links to the images of the two pairs of shoes :lol:

However, could it also be possible that we're just seeing it wrong :blink:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Anagha said:

But why would he do that? Why would he wait for an year to pass in KOC to expose the dead body? 
I was asking “why” , not “how”?

I dont know.

I dont remember well what is time difference.

1min = 1h ?

So it take no more than 5-6 days, it's nothing.

Well, here I suppose LL already now about this place a this moment. Im not sure of that. Maybe he discovered this after one day ? Then make some experience, explore a bit. Then he discover how many are time difference. Then drop the body.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

@mychoiyoung shared this post in one of her earlier replies. There are links to the images of the two pairs of shoes :lol:

you guys are just amazingly observant . lol i tried to see if they were the same pair or not,  i think one is high cut and the other is low cut.  The low cut one looks petite in size? female shoes? JTE? 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

However, could it also be possible that we're just seeing it wrong :blink:

Nope, we are not just seeing things. I checked to confirm and once again, I’m sold they are different. It doesn’t take much to notice the difference. There are two holes in the middle of the second shoe that’s missing from the first pair of shoes.

I keep going back and forth and now I’m back with there are 2 saviors. There’s a reason why they showed us two walking clips. It’s a huge indicator that someone else is walking in. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Okay, Netflix really needed to put a disclaimer on the “wrapping it” comment, explaining what was being discussed.

The astronomical amount of western LMHoes who were convinced it was about a condom all had conniptions on YouTube (I got to grace all of you guys with my howling).  Many hot flashes appeared to have been had, and then we find out it is once again about the booze.

Where is the disclaimer?  Haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Having SJ as the first saviour would actually make sense. Like the others said, he is a sharp shooter. The 2nd saviour was obviously not hitting anyone with his shots. 

I can think of a few motivations for SJ to want to help LG

1) JTE was killed by Luna

2) To prevent LR from getting the flute, and switching him over to ROK. 

3) There is some horrible backstory about the accident of the real SJ in ROK that could also have been prevented if LR didn't get the flute. 

The other speculated saviour, JY, doesn't have much motivation to want to join LG in this. Unless this is the "I will follow wherever he goes because I want him to be happy :wub:" mindset he was telling SJ about. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

Innocent people will have the joy of discovering the existence of the two saviors in a plot-twist.
And when the moment come, that will lead me to drop a comment, looking jaded: "pfff, so predictable".

:weary:

Soompi does a lot of moral damage to me...:wacko:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

I saw some of you guys said something about Lee Gon asking TaeEul to let him go in the preview. I haven't seen the subbed preview,  I understand a little bit korean. I didn't hear Lee Gon asking TaeEul to let him go? From what I heard, Lee Gon said that he's on his way to TaeEul or something.

Is there another preview? Can someone please send me a link? :scream:

• Like 3

I got a lead on the identity of the two saviors.
And if it turns out to be true and it's a spoiler, I'm very happy about that! :)
This allows me to get revenge on all of you, even if it's my fault and I shouldn't read this forum.

Lee Gon + Tae Eul.

It's Tae Eul because otherwise, when Lee Gon goes back in time, and assuming he can't go back to the future, he would be separated from Tae Eul forever.
So that Lee Gon and Tae Eul will enjoy a peaceful life somewhere far away from trouble for 25 years.
Maybe in the end, in the present time, we'll see the couple, who have become happy and old.

• Like 2
  • LOL 14

22 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Nope, we are not just seeing things.

THANK YOU :heart:

11 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Innocent people will have the joy of discovering the existence of the two saviors in a plot-twist.

HAHA I'm thinking this too. This will be super mindblowing for "innocent" viewers, especially that they poised the LG-as-the-savior reveal as the ultimate plot twist. But as someone has mentioned here before, the fact that they already revealed savior LG on episode 13 means there are more on the way. FINGERS CROSSED.

16 minutes ago, violet.ears said:

Having SJ as the first saviour would actually make sense. Like the others said, he is a sharp shooter. The 2nd saviour was obviously not hitting anyone with his shots. 

Yess it really does make sense. It would also explain why we had to know soooo much about his backstory.

Though I would admit, I'm still in the dark as to how JY will play out as the 'Unbreakable Sword' in this story. I mean that rescue bb LG scene is the ultimate fight for LG, so SJ being there instead of JY (if this is true) is still a bit questionable for me (unless JY plays a more or equally important role).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, goldenashes97 said:

I saw some of you guys said something about Lee Gon asking TaeEul to let him go in the preview. I haven't seen the subbed preview,  I understand a little bit korean. I didn't hear Lee Gon asking TaeEul to let him go? From what I heard, Lee Gon said that he's on his way to TaeEul or something.

Is there another preview? Can someone please send me a link? :scream:

Yes, there is text preview for eps. 14. I think those line isn't for tae eul. A few days back we have spoilers where lee gon seems facing Lady Noh with serious face. I think lee gon ask lady noh to let him go to finally go to his destiny. Tae eul never mention nor know anything about lee gon and his destiny. Also there this scene when lee gon just came back from visiting tae eul, he once asked lady noh why she doesn't ask him where he go, lady noh answer were just "i know where you go, to your destiny."

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Anagha said:

I don’t know if this has been discussed here earlier, but don’t you think there is a mystery behind LR’s doppelgänger’s dead body?
After committing the treason, LR escaped to the ROK and killed his doppelgänger. All these happened in 1994. But the dead body of the doppelgänger was found in KOC a year after all these in 1995. Why? :confounded:

@AnaghaThe treason happened during winter time, assuming its happened in December 1994, then, it is possible the dead body of LR's doppelganger found on 1995. I think they did not mention the actual date, i need to re-watch episode 1. :blush:

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

@AnaghaThe treason happened during winter time, assuming its happened in December 1994, then, it is possible the dead body of LR's doppelganger found on 1995. I think they did not mention the actual date, i need to re-watch episode 1. :blush:

I'm not so sure but the police document in episode 1 showed the date June 27, 1995. I don't know the translation of the document section where it appears (date of death?). Need to rewatch some of the next episodes as well to check the autopsy report.

Also I think someone here mentioned the December 1995 calendar in PM Koo's mom's house? Is that.. a mistake?

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Lee Gon + Tae Eul.

It's Tae Eul because otherwise, when Lee Gon goes back in time, and assuming he can't go back to the future, he would be separated from Tae Eul forever.
So that Lee Gon and Tae Eul will enjoy a peaceful life somewhere far away from trouble for 25 years.
Maybe in the end, in the present time, we'll see the couple, who have become happy and old.

just like steven roger (captain america) in End Game, suddenly old :blink:

• Like 5