[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

https://blog.naver.com/heewonning/221704896439

There are introductions of main characters.

Google translation with modification :

Lee Min Ho Kim Go Eun

Emperor Igon (Lee Min-ho), who wants to close the door to the dimension against the devil's whisper in a parallel world,

Korea's detective Jung Tae-eol (Kim Go-eun) sometimes happens in collaboration between two worlds

Lee Min-ho (Igon ): Emperor of the Korean Empire, a perfect monarch who combines delicate and outstanding looks and business

The character is rather weird, sensitive and silent. He witnessed his mother's and father's murder when he was eight years old in the palace, which is the safest and most dangerous place for him.

He is a typical science guy who prefers formulas to people.

Kim Go-eun (Jeong Tae-eul / Luna): Detective Jung Tae-Eul of Republic of Korea and crimianl Luna of Korean Empire,  1 for 2 roles.

Other character explanation

Kim Kyong-nam (Kang Shin-jae): Detective Kang, a man who has been forced to live as a criminal because of the nightmare

Jeong Tae-eul, who has a close relationship, is a dream that he wants to dream every day.

Jung Eun-chae (Old Seo-ryeong): The youngest female prime minister of the Korean Empire and running endlessly for success, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) is the next target.

Woo Do Hwan (Cho Young / Jo Eun Sup): The Guardian of Igon (Lee Min Ho) in the Korean Empire

Ordinary social worker

Lee Jung-jin (Irim): King Jin Chin, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) are pursuing revenge

A person who conceived seeds

Yong-Ji Kim (Myung Seung-ah): Working in the Imperial Office of the Imperial Empire of Korea

• Like 10

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

https://blog.naver.com/heewonning/221704896439

There are introductions of main characters.

Google translation with modification :

Lee Min Ho Kim Go Eun

Emperor Igon (Lee Min-ho), who wants to close the door to the dimension against the devil's whisper in a parallel world,

Korea's detective Jung Tae-eol (Kim Go-eun) sometimes happens in collaboration between two worlds

Lee Min-ho (Igon ): Emperor of the Korean Empire, a perfect monarch who combines delicate and outstanding looks and business

The character is rather weird, sensitive and silent. He witnessed his mother's and father's murder when he was eight years old in the palace, which is the safest and most dangerous place for him.

He is a typical science guy who prefers formulas to people.

Thank you @gtLmh0622 - the Emperor sounds like a role LMH can really get his teeth into- a very complex character. 

• Like 6

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4v62-wJB7Q/?igshid=eo6kv4tuz11k

HEELO 언니쓰트럭                              Heelo Unnies Truck
드라마 "더킹" 이민호 배우님               Drama "The King"  Actor Lee Min Ho

이민호 whit kmz                                  
Lee Min Ho whit kmz
잘생김 한도초과                                   Handsomeness over limit
세계를 한류로 물들인 가을 남자         Autumn men who have stained the world with Korean Wave
이곤폐하로 돌아온 한류프린스           Hallyu Prince returns to His Majesty Lee Gon

한류프린스 답게 통크게 준비한                        
Being worthy of Hallyu Prince
이곤다방과 떡모 분식까지                                 Pasta and rice cake snack prepared
야외촬영으로 고생하시는 더킹팀                      "The King" Team suffering from outdoor shooting
식사끝내시고 폭풍 주문해 주셨는데요             After the meal, comes storm orders

한 낮엔 따가운 햇빛 탓인지 시원한 아아와                     
It's because of the warm sunlight in the middle of the day
리얼미숫가루 달달한 바닐라빈라떼는 인기 폭팔             Sweet vanilla latte is extremely popular

현장 인원만 300명                                                                                                          300 persons at the filming site
무제한 서포트트!!!! 더킹팀 열촬 하시는 만큼 시원한 음료 많이 찾으셨구요~           
Unlimited support !!!! As The King team shot carefully, there were plenty of cool drinks available

촬영으로 못 나오시는 팀들 위해서 제작부에서 주문도 해주시고 픽업까지          
The production department also ordered food and brought it for the team who couldn't come out for busy at filming.
못드시는분 계실까 스윗하게 챙겨주시는 제작부!!             Is there anyone who can't eat? Very sweet production department!!

여태까지 이런 팀들은 없었따                             
There has never been such a team
현장 분위기 최고  팀워크 최고                            The atmosphere is the best, the teamwork is the best

해떨어지기전에 찍으셔야 한다고 더킹팀 바쁘게 움직이셨구요~      
The King Team has been busy filming before sunset
붉은 노을이 물들어가고 어둠이 살짝 내려 앉을때                               Red sunset dyed red, the night came quietly

어디서 보아도 눈에 띄는 명품 기럭지                                                 
Luxury gems that stand out from anywhere
편안한 옷차림에도 멋찜 폭팔 하는 조각미모                                       Sculpture beauty to blow up even in a comfortable dress
떠~~ 억~~ 벌어진 넓은 어깨에 콩알만한 얼굴 크기 완벽한 비율~~ 눈부심 주의     Broad shoulders bean-sized face in perfect proportion ~
빛나는 미모                                                                                               Glowing Beauty
이민호 배우님이 똬앗!!!                                                                            Actor Lee Min-ho has taken over !!!

팬분들께 환한 미소 선하시며 다정하게 이야기 나누셨는데요~                
Smile to the fans, friendly conversation ~
이비주얼 실화?? 팬분들 소녀처럼 너무 수줍어 하시며 두볼 발그레         Is this vision real? The fans blushed shyly like teenage girls

배우님 보기위해 멀리서 오신 다른 팬분들께도 잊지 않고 손 흔들어 주셨구요~  
Didn't forget to wave to other fans who have come all the way to see the actor

이민호 배우님 리얼죠리퐁퐁 죠리퐁 가득넣어 매니저님께 잘 전달드렸구요~     
Actor Lee Minho really great, totally and well conveyed to his manager

이민호 배우님 첫 서포트의 스타트를 언니쓰가 함께 하게 되서 너무 행복한 시간이었습니다~  
It was a happy time for (we) Unnie to join Lee Min-ho's first support.

쌀쌀해지는 날씨에 이민호 배우님 건강 잘 챙기시구요~ 열촬ㆍ즐촬 하시길 바라요~   
Let's take care of Lee Min-ho's health in the chilly weather.

EJI9EZbU4AAyCjt?format=jpg&name=360x360

EJI9EyeXUAAIn3Q?format=jpg&name=medium

EJI9FQtXUAAQwei?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

EJI9Fj7WsAAicRt?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 8

I saw a post on IG from one of Lee Min Ho Fan account Stating "According to the increase in the cost in Film production, we are facing a lack of budget for advertising. Which is why the drama will start on 9 december."

I'm not sure where is the real source for this statement. I have screenshot the picture along with the caption, but couldn't load it here.

Anybody can confirm on this news? I have been wondering for the lack of news, Such as Script reading pictures/Video. And considering of the A-list actors who are in this productions, the writer, the PD. And how this Drama is highly anticipated, i see very little news/advertising. And The Actors involve also not posting much.

I don't know if this is true, or the lack of advertising due to the Production company keeping things in secret until they are ready to release the Teaser.

Would hate to see this drama fail because of budget, since it is highly anticipated and is a comeback Drama for both Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun.

Edited by scrawford

9 hours ago, scrawford said:

I saw a post on IG from one of Lee Min Ho Fan account Stating "According to the increase in the cost in Film production, we are facing a lack of budget for advertising. Which is why the drama will start on 9 december."

I'm not sure where is the real source for this statement. I have screenshot the picture along with the caption, but couldn't load it here.

Anybody can confirm on this news? I have been wondering for the lack of news, Such as Script reading pictures/Video. And considering of the A-list actors who are in this productions, the writer, the PD. And how this Drama is highly anticipated, i see very little news/advertising. And The Actors involve also not posting much.

I don't know if this is true, or the lack of advertising due to the Production company keeping things in secret until they are ready to release the Teaser.

Would hate to see this drama fail because of budget, since it is highly anticipated and is a comeback Drama for both Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun.

https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=001&aid=0011205185

Google translation :

Advertising revenues are low due to a surge in production costs. 

Not only romantic comedy but also thriller, fantasy, and historical genres, the genre of Korean Wave stars await their return. Who is the main character that will break the jackpot? 

And lots of filming dramas were mentioned in the news, I don't know if you were saying this news, but the news didn't report that "The King" would start on December. 

I'm a fan of Yoxx Ah
I opened my eyes with Lee Min Ho.  
Very handsome
He's so slim and the face is so small

✴Flashing✴
Where does the light shine when there's no reflector?
Not a real human being
It was the appearance that God created in the realm of the gods

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I just found a post on Weibo that ginkgo is the only living species in the division Ginkgophyta, all others being extinct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginkgo_biloba

So, will the ginkgo tree be a metaphor for the loneliness of Emperor Lee Gon ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=001&aid=0011205185

Google translation :

Advertising revenues are low due to a surge in production costs. 

Not only romantic comedy but also thriller, fantasy, and historical genres, the genre of Korean Wave stars await their return. Who is the main character that will break the jackpot? 

And lots of filming dramas were mentioned in the news, I don't know if you were saying this news, but the news didn't report that "The King" would start on December. 

I'm a fan of Yoxx Ah
I opened my eyes with Lee Min Ho.  
Very handsome
He's so slim and the face is so small

✴Flashing✴
Where does the light shine when there's no reflector?
Not a real human being
It was the appearance that God created in the realm of the gods

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I just found a post on Weibo that ginkgo is the only living species in the division Ginkgophyta, all others being extinct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginkgo_biloba

So, will the ginkgo tree be a metaphor for the loneliness of Emperor Lee Gon ?

Yes that post. Thank you for clarifying!. Can't wait for the Drama!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1

20191116 K-news :

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000776967?lfrom=twitter

Google translation :

'The King' Lee Min-ho, 'All-around sportsman'

0000776967_001_20191116093102095.jpg?typ

Actor Lee Min-ho predicts as good as a 'sportsman' for his new work.

Lee Min-ho will use the motor nerve in the SBS drama “The King: The Lord of Eternity” (The King), which will be broadcast in April next year, to show more dynamic appearance than before. Training for this purpose has been captured by some fans recently, which is stimulating curiosity.

In the drama of fantasy genre, Lee Min Ho played the role of Lee Gon, the fourth emperor of the Korean Empire. The production team describes the Igon character as 'The Prince of White Horse in the middle of Gwanghwamun'.

Lee Min-ho, who chose “The King” as his return after completing his military service on April 25 this year, actually rode a white horse at Goksan Mungwang Reservoir in Chungcheongbuk-do at the end of October, attracting the attention of tourists around him. At the scene where the ginkgo tree road in yellow is in full bloom, he finished shooting against the backdrop of scattering ginkgo leaves.

Recently, it also appeared in the rowing stadium of Misari Racing Park in Hanam, Gyeonggi-do.

Lee Min Ho's lively scene of rowing and wearing a sleeveless costume despite the chilly weather suddenly came. In addition, through the drama, such as challenging a variety of things that have been saved. Gaps are also being guided by experts in the sport.

'The King', a pre-production method that completes the filming before the broadcast, is also attracting much attention as a new work by artist Eun-Sook Kim who wrote tvN 'Dokkaebi' and 'Mr. Sunshine'. It is a fantasy romance that transcends the era of the imperial Korean Empire, which has moved to 2020, in cooperation with the present detective (Kim Go-eun).

More photos at filming site.

EJZO_RWX0AE-LFl?format=jpg&name=medium

EJZPAm9XkAAv5bI?format=jpg&name=medium

EJZPBfrXsAEHAI7?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

EJZPAAFWoAA_XHs?format=jpg&name=medium

EJkgc_LUcAAtaAo?format=jpg&name=medium

Minoz know whose car this is :

EJmuB_kUcAAoSQ2?format=jpg&name=small

Even a tree will be a property in the drama appeared on the blog :lol:

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=suddenly8989&logNo=221709563446&referrerCode=0&searchKeyword=이민호

cr. owner

• Like 9

On 5/7/2019 at 5:26 AM, syntyche said:

SBS Star

Lee Minho to Star in a Drama Written by Writer Who Wrote 'Guardian'·'The Descendants of the Sun'

Unfortunately, I don't like this writer... Goblin wasn't bad (it had an awesome pilot and a lot of very funny scenes), but The Heirs's script was risible, as well as DOTS' one. I consider both The Heirs and DOTS to be wasted chances: the two dramas hit the jackpot for many different reasons, including the high budget and the filming locations, but many scenes were so absurd they seemed a parody of themselves.  

Let's hope this drama won't be badly thought and written... Kim Eun Sook is better at writing fantasy than other genres, so I'll cross my fingers and hope that she won't botch the script this time.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:45 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

A great fan-made teaser.

cr. xiersky雲曦

The link doesn't open (maybe because I'm not from China)... :-(

On 9/29/2019 at 1:01 AM, syntyche said:

Fan-made poster

Test Shot scheduled this October 2

cr: tina_minoz

I'm in love with the title's logo they used in these posters! <3

On 9/29/2019 at 6:06 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2-o2NIg0cG/?igshid=io6vm7lvh9fg

2020년 최고의 작품이 될 #더킹

미스터선샤인 이후 김은숙작가님 차기작

아름다운작품 

아름다운배우

시작합니다

Translation ↓↓

2020 best work will be #The King

Writer Kim Eun Sook's next work after Mr. Sunshine
Beautiful work

Beautiful actors

Start

cr. Machi

Is this a costume from the drama? Such an interesting look... :thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 5:51 PM, CarolynH2 said:

I can’t sleep (hopefully what I’m writing makes sense lol) so I did some intel on whether Netflix is picking up the King. There’s a list of upcoming shows late 2019 and early 2020, on Netflix but The King is not on the list.  :grimace:.  I wonder how early Viki and Netflix license the dramas?  I have Viki basic but I’m sure I would need to upgrade to watch the King.  I also wonder if that March 2020 is a solid date.  If it’s preproduced, there sure isn’t a lot of lead time between when I’d think filming would end (January) and the start of the drama.  Just my rambling lol.

I have a Netflix account and I'll fill in the request form for this drama. Do the same!

That brick house is (according to previous spoilers) Detective Jung's home... Have you noticed the two sleek sports cars parked in front of it? Is the King visiting her or something? I'm confused...

EJZPBfrXsAEHAI7?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t post consecutively within an hour , edit to add
  • Like 4

Fan account - 静音mino. (Partial translation)

EKFXqbXVAAAXu8x?format=jpg&name=900x900

EKHNO42VAAAmjB4?format=jpg&name=900x900

EKHNO43U0AERUPJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

20191120~20191122, three days diary for visiting filming location of "The King".
Being a fan of Lee Min Ho, the accurate answer is "worthy".

Day 1.

When I just arrived the filming location, oppa walked slowly toward me, my eyes caught him among a group of people immediately, although it is a familiar face, but I still sighed "how come there is a such good looking man in the world."

Waved to him, he replied you a shy smile, called him, he answered "nei", sweet but like a prince. He had very good relationship with the whole team, heard his special laughter very often.

The most heart fluttering moment. When the filming was completed, many fans stood along two sides of the street under ginkgo trees. He walked toward us and chatting with his team members, and then he replied our enthusiasm, stared each of us. I was standing at the end of the line, I waved to him and called him oppa, he walked to me with bodyguards and stretched out his hand toward me, I was shocked and hurried to hold his hand and stammered out 감사합니다 (thank you), he smiled and got on his car, all other fans shouted "Wawoo !!" God knows how I felt at that time, I only knew the sound like thousand of bees in my brain and my heart was attacked.........being a fan of Lee Min Ho, the accurate answer is "worthy".

Day 2.

The team members imitated Minoz to shout "Wawoo" and applauded him, he was shy but laughed and capered to the scene.
Lots of fans got handshakes with Minho, me too. Oppa is very very kind to his fans.

Day 3.

There are fences and walls at the filming location, oppa's car was at the back door. After the rest time, only few steps from his car returned to the scene, but every time our heartwarming oppa chose to the far way from the front door and walked slowly that we could follow him. He used his own way to feedback to us.

When the filming was at the yard, we couldn't see him thoroughly because there were blocks. But when the filming stopped, he walked out a while that we could see him at 360 degrees.

I can't describe everything, but every moment is cherish when I remember those days. His everything is deeply in my head and I can love him more thousand years. It's very hard for visiting the filming location, but because of Lee Min Ho, everything became wonderful and worthy.

• Like 8