[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Answer some True or False questions & we will tell you which The King: Eternal Monarch character you are

April 19, 2021 by RokzFast

1618806448_Answer-some-True-or-False-que

Are you his Highness Lee Gon or Jung Tae Eul! Take the quiz now!

Happy belated Anniversary, The King: Eternal Monarch!  The dazzling drama won premiered a year ago on April 17, 2020, with much fanfare and delirious excitement amongst fans! This charming fantasy-romance drama was penned by Korea”s star screenwriter Kim Eun Suk. Kim Eun Suk is known for writing dramas like Secret Garden (2010), A Gentleman’s Dignity (2012), The Heirs (2013), Descendants of the Sun (2016), Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (2016–2017), Mr. Sunshine and finally, The King: Eternal Monarch.

The King: Eternal Monarch follows the story of Lee Gon (Lee Min-Ho) who finds himself orphaned at the tender age of eight. His uncle brutally murders his father and flees the Kingdom of Corea. Lee Gon vows to take revenge. The prince grows up to be a handsome, charming and dignified monarch of the Kingdom of Corea, an alternate universe where The Republic of Korea is actually a kingdom ruled by a reigning monarch!

Lee Gon discovers the alternate universe of Korea, where he meets officer Jung Tae Eul(Kim Go Eun) a fiery detective! Lee Gon is convinced that Tae Eul is his soulmate. Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul join hands to stop Lee Gon’s evil uncle, Lee Rim from bringing his evil plans to fruition and closing the gate between Corea and Korea forever! The King: Eternal Monarch opened to a thunderous response from fans across the world. The series remained in Netflix’s top 10 throughout its runtime.

It’s been a year since The King: Eternal Monarch aired! Have you wondered which The King: Eternal Monarch you are. Take our quiz and find out now.

You can take the quiz below:

Which character did you get? Share your thoughts with Pinkvilla in the comments below.

https://rokzfast.com/answer-some-true-or-false-questions-we-will-tell-you-which-the-king-eternal-monarch-character-you-are-032552/

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Performances by Korean actors that only they could have pulled off; Ft Lee Min Ho in The King: Eternal Monarch

Certain actors are simply irreplaceable in the parts they play, such is their magic on screen! We list down 6 actors and their career-best performances, that only they could have pulled it off!

Certain actors leave such a lasting impression on you that it takes hours, perhaps days to recover from the effect of their brilliant performances! These talented actors become the 'face of the show' and you cannot imagine anybody else in that role other than them. When an actor imbibes that irreplaceable aspect to them, they prove that only they could have pulled off that part! 

Their performances are magic and you simply cannot imagine anybody else in their shoes. Their performances also have a repeat value, no matter how many times you watch them in that role, it still feels new and fresh. Irreplacability and Uniqueness are factors only rare actors possess, we list down six actors who are not brilliant actors but have delivered timeless performances! 

1. Lee Min Ho - The King: Eternal Monarch

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho is often criticised for playing it safe, but honestly, there is no other actor who could have pulled off The King: Eternal Monarch better than him. He brings in a certain regal aura, a certain kingly disposition to the character of Lee Gon, that is unique to his acting talent. Pyeha, Lee Min Ho!

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/performances-korean-actors-only-they-could-have-pulled-ft-lee-min-ho-king-eternal-monarch-704533

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

The King Eternal Monarch ends, 7 sweet moments of Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun that make netizens miss

By Dwana Muhfaqdilla Monday

akurat_20200615041031_tb3d4f.jpg

Collage of Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's sweet moments in the drama The King: Eternal Monarch (Instagram / actorleeminho)

AKURAT.CO, Korean drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' is one of the most popular dramas in the middle of this year. Now even though it has ended, the success of this drama makes it hard for viewers to turn away. The reason is, in addition to having a unique storyline, the chemistry of the main characters has also succeeded in attracting the audience.

In this drama, Lee Min-ho competed acting with Kim Go-eun. Since the first episode, Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun have shown great chemistry. The successful chemistry of the two stars in the drama was sweet and romantic.

It's not uncommon for Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun to share with fans their moments together on the set. Accompanied by AKURAT.CO, let's take a peek at the couple's sweet moments in the drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' below.

1. The first time they are paired, their harmony successfully attracts attention

akurat_20200615040931_07CAU1.jpg

2. This couple still looks affectionate even during the break from filming

akurat_20200615040931_7M62vW.jpg

3. Relaxing by the river is a romantic place for Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun

Spoiler

akurat_20200615040932_8x19o6.jpg

4. Even though they are 4 years old, it doesn't make them awkward

Spoiler

akurat_20200615040933_91VBpH.jpg

5. Hold hands on the beach, that's so romantic!

Spoiler

akurat_20200615040934_Mcj11Z.jpg

6. Not always serious, they often joke around on set

Spoiler

akurat_20200615041023_1mIxII.jpg

7. Kim Go-eun is the only actress whose photo Lee Min-ho has uploaded on Instagram

Spoiler

akurat_20200615041029_w7kKi8.jpg

This couple is really sweet. Hopefully we will meet again in the next project.

Translation from Indonesian google

https://akurat.co/the-king-eternal-monarch-tamat-7-momen-manis-lee-min-ho-dan-kim-go-eun-yang-bikin-kangen-warganet

• Blob 3

An Honest Review Of 'The King: Eternal Monarch'

Some people want a light and enjoyable escape from the real world—and this show definitely is not it...

by JACINDA A. LOPEZ | Jun 22, 2020

the-king-eternal-monarch-honest-review-1

What My Friend Thinks:

"In the beginning, I was skeptical about the drama because I wasn't a fan of the fantasy genre when it comes to my K-dramas. But with each episode having unexpected twists and turns, I found myself getting hooked more and more. Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Gun did good jobs but Woo Do Hwan playing both the stoic Young and the playful Eun Seob was definitely my favorite. I find myself crushing on Jung Eun Chae too! I'm sad I didn't get to see a royal wedding (I was really looking forward to it), but Gon crossing universes just to find Tae Eul again is good enough for me." —Rap

What I Think:

I came into watching The King: Eternal Monarch being a fan of neither Lee Min Ho nor Kim Go Eun, and I think that really worked in my favor in appreciating the drama without expecting too much. I grew up reading fantasy novels so the genre has a special place in my heart, but I never opened myself up to watching fantasy K-dramas until The King. Watching the first episode kept me at the edge of my seat and I was utterly blown away by the gripping storyline and the ace cinematography, but what I wasn't so sure of was the two leads. I knew they were accomplished actors in their own right, but something seemed to be off about the way their characters' arcs came together. Was it the lack of chemistry between the actors? Or the way their characters were written? I couldn't put my finger on what exactly was bugging me. But unlike a lot of other people I know who dropped the drama after a few eps, I wanted to trudge on and give them a chance. And I am so, so glad I did! What made no sense in the first half of the drama was explained in the second half—and this doesn't just apply to the two leads but also goes for small yet significant details scattered all throughout the drama. It was like a huge puzzle that I needed to solve with me theorizing and dissecting each episode. I understand why this drama isn't for everyone. Some people want a light and enjoyable escape from the real world—and this show definitely is not it. It wasn't like your regular 'ol rom-com drama that followed "the formula" where you could easily predict what happens next. No. The King kept me guessing until the very last episode. And I absolutely LOVED the experience.

For sure The King had its flaws: the overkill in sponsored products (I found them endearing at first but eventually rolled my eyes at every appearance of those damned LED face masks!) and the plot holes and rushed story arcs (which I have to attribute to the story being limited by the 16-episode format—The King needed MORE episodes!). But, for me, I can overlook these because the drama was smart and ambitious. It's commendable that screenwriter Kim Eun Sook aspired to attract a wider audience by choosing to veer away from tried and tested drama tropes.

When I finished the drama, I found myself becoming a fan of the lead actors: Lee Min Ho, who finally broke from his pretty boy acting and matured into an intelligent actor with gravitas; and Kim Go Eun, who could play any role in the world and make it her own! But just like most The King fans, it was a joy to watch Woo Do Hwan shine brighter than anyone in the drama. Him playing the two polarizing roles of Jo Young and Eun Seob was like watching two totally different actors on screen. He just has this special charm and charisma and warmth and, god, does he deserve to be the leading man in his next drama!

Who I'd Recommend It To:

Fans of fantasy and sci-fi!
Fans of Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun—you must not miss this!
People who want a break from the regular K-drama formula.
Those who want to use their ~minds~ while watching the drama.
Everyone who hasn't seen Woo Do Hwan on screen.

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/honest-review-the-king-eternal-monarch-a483-20200622-lfrm

• Like 5

Thanks for the poll, @CarolynH and @Lmangla!

The King's cinematography is really impressive. It's on par with high-budget Hollywood films.

Remember this scene at the salt farm? The houses and mountains having some semblance with the hands of a clock is a brilliant interpretation of the passing of time. To go even deeper, the reflection seem to signify the passing of time between the parallel worlds.    

spacer.png

Of course, it's a joy to see clingy Maximus! :D I wonder if he still misses LMH 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 5

I voted for the set-up especially the opening scene.  It's the type of beginning I enjoy; grabs you right from the start with the murder of the King.   As for side characters, I voted for Maximus of course, part of one of my ships and Lee Lim.  I really thought that actor was very good in the part.  

Are we ready for episodes 3 and 4?:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

10 Korean films with super-quality "content": from Lee Min Ho, Song Joong Ki to Cha Eun Woo

(VOH) - For movie lovers to watch movies not only for entertainment but also for men. In addition to the content of the film, the actors are also the "content" that many are interested in.

1. The Immortal King - Lee Min Ho

EzqiCrDWYAoxh3K?format=jpg&name=900x900

As soon as the first images of Lee Min Ho appeared in "The Immortal King," the actor quickly became a hot topic on social media. Although he knows that Lee Min Ho has always ranked among the top handsomest actors in Korea, his beauty has multiplied in "The Immortal King". With super-cool moments in military uniform showing off his "aristocratic" spirit, Lee Min Ho broke the hearts of several sisters..

Translation from Vietnamese google

https://amp.voh.com.vn/phim/10-phim-han-quoc-so-huu-nam-chinh-sieu-cap-dien-trai-399672.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

12 Korean Actors with Role as Kings in Movies and KDrama

To practice acting skills, actors often explore various types of roles on the screen. One of them, as a figure of a king or leader of a kingdom in a film and television series.

There are many Korean actors who have successfully performed in portraying the king in films and KDrama, both who are charismatic leaders and antagonists. The following are twelve well-known such actors.

In The King: Eternal Monarch, who couldn't forget Lee Min Ho's acting as the handsome and charismatic King Lee Gon?

spacer.png

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/amp/s-m-fatimah/aktor-korea-yang-berperan-jadi-raja-di-film-dan-kdrama-c1c2-1

See you on the rewatch on Sunday! :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1)::1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Blob 1

Starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun, here's the link to watch Drakor The King: Eternal Monarch.

Hanifa Kurrota Ayun - Saturday, April 24, 2021

4010790682.jpeg

Dramas starring Lee Min Ho are always eagerly awaiting fans. Be that as it may, Lee Min Ho's performance is so amazing that often netizens carry a bumper in them. The Korean drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" has recently become a favorite of Korean fans.

The King: Eternal Monarch is a drama starring Lee Min Ho.

The Korean drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" not only stars Lee Min Ho, but also stars Kim Go Eun and Woo Do Hwan. Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun will star in the Korean drama The King: Eternal Monarch. This drama tells the story of two parallel universes of monarchy and democracy. Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gong, who is trying to close the door between the two worlds. Meanwhile, Kim Go Eun plays the detective Jung Tae Eul, who, along with the emperor, protects the lives of people.

The Korean drama The King: Eternal Monarch is written by writer Kim Eun Suk. Kim Eun Suk is known as a popular screenwriter. His popular Korean dramas include Lovers in Paris (2004), On Air (2008), Secret Garden (2010). Then there are Dignity of a Gentleman (2012), Heirs (2013), Descendants of the Sun (2016), Goblin (2016-2017), and Mr. Sunshine (2018).

The King: Eternal Monarch consists of 16 episodes. The Korean drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" airs every Friday and Saturday night.

Below is a link to watch Drakor The King: Eternal Monarch.
Korean drama King: Eternal Monarch, episodes 1 through 15 available with Indo-subtitles.

Translation from Indonesian google

https://hits.grid.id/read/482665879/dibintangi-oleh-lee-min-ho-dan-kim-go-eun-berikut-ini-link-nonton-drakor-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Blob 1

These are the 10 Best Korean Dramas for 2020 on Netflix, Royal Genre to Love

Throughout 2020 there are many Korean dramas airing on Netflix. Of the many dramas, of course you can't watch all of them because of limited time. Want to watch the best Korean dramas 2020 on Netflix?

If you are confused about what drama to watch, here are the recommendations for the best Korean dramas that you can watch on Netflix. Rows of Korean dramas best Netflix comes with a variety of genres, ranging from friendship, until the kingdom of love.

The King: Eternal Monarch

The King: Eternal Monarch tells the story of romance that is tightly knit with enchanting fantasy. This drama, starring Lee Min Ho, is about a young prince named Lee Gon who is forced to take the throne after his father is killed by his own uncle. His first task as king was to bury his father's body.

spacer.png

Lee Gon grows up to be a smart and charismatic king, but he has his own trauma because of the murder of his father. Until one day he met a woman who had been in his memory for a long time, Jeong Tae-Eul (played by Kim Go Eun).

https://wolipop.detik.com/entertainment-news/d-5544533/ini-10-drama-korea-terbaik-2020-di-netflix-genre-kerajaan-hingga-cinta

Woo Do Hwan surprises Kim Go Eun on her IG Live

spacer.png

The tender interaction between the actors of The King: Eternal Monarch thrilled fans. Kim Go Eun was celebrating her ninth anniversary with a live broadcast.

On April 23, the charismatic Kim Go Eun celebrated her nine years of artistic life with a live broadcast via Instagram. While talking to her fans, she was surprised by her co-star of the drama The King: Eternal Monarch, Woo Do Hwan .

Woo Do Hwan, who is currently serving in the military, did not miss an opportunity to say hello to his colleague. He commented on the broadcast to show that he was listening to her speak.

Upon seeing his username, Kim Go Eun called him by the name of his character in the 2020 series. “Oh, our Eunseop is here! Woo Do Hwan, Do Hwanie, you're doing well right? ”she expressed.

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2021/04/24/kim-go-eun-se-declara-fan-de-vincenzo-y-woo-do-hwan-la-sorprende-en-ig-live/

• Like 2

Today, my watch party chingus and I watched Lee Gon discussing math with JTE.

cr:  Jillian Claire Mejia

I couldn't find a clip of my favorite scene from ep 4, after the funeral of ??? LG is traumatized having to wear a necktie.  I'm getting a lot of good idea for favorite scenes and lines during the rewatch.  What was your favorite scenes from ep 3 and 4?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

I couldn't find a clip of my favorite scene from ep 4, after the funeral of ??? LG is traumatized having to wear a necktie.  I'm getting a lot of good idea for favorite scenes and lines during the rewatch.  What was your favorite scenes from ep 3 and 4?

I would have a few, especially those scenic bamboo forest scenes with the rustling leaves , wind blowing but the one that makes me laughed a lot is his return scene from the present world to his kingdom - the scene which Head Court Lady Noh kept saying Oh My Head, Oh My Heart, upon discovering his jacket off those the diamond buttons and Captain JY glaring at Lee Gon the same time.

:D

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Today, my watch party chingus and I watched Lee Gon discussing math with JTE.

cr:  Jillian Claire Mejia

Most favorite scene on eps 3 for me was the poem reading on the ending. Lady Nohs voice, the content of the poems, the cinematography in front of jte house and in bamboo forest were all amazing. 

eps 4, i have many. 1. definitely the one when we got a flashback of jte and Gon talking in the forest. Nice script there. 2. Library scene where Gon and jte at the same place but different world with Maze as a backsound 3. time stops in the kingdom 4. I love ksj lol so i like the scene where he let the police took his mother after gambling 

:approves:

• Love 1
  • Blob 2