[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

No kidding! Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun's hot kiss sparks jealousy and wins Best Kiss of 2021 nomination

RD Dhani Zulianda Putra
- March 14, 2021

2225738394.jpg

EDITORIAL NEWS - The scenes in the Korean drama series are similar to those in the real world. Professionalism in acting determines the quality of the drama.

Professionalism in acting can be seen in actor Lee Min Ho, who has been called the king of drama. So what if Lee Min Ho's professionalism has to do with hot scenes?

Lee Min Ho, as the king of drama actors, of course has to embody the nuances of a drama that looks real, so that viewers can immerse themselves in the drama. Hot scenes like kissing are common in drama series, but not many people know that these scenes are of particular value in an acting career.

Lee Min Ho himself received an award for the kiss, namely "Best Kiss of the Year." This nomination is a tribute to the actors who are well versed in kissing scenes.

Not many people know about this type of nomination, but of course it's an interesting thing and something to be aware of if you are a true lover of drama.

In 2021, Lee Min Ho won the nomination and was immediately announced by SBS Entertainment. Thanks to the kissing scene, he starred opposite Kim Go Eun in the drama "The Eternal Monarch King."

Editor: Dimar Aditya

Translation from Indonesian google

https://editornews.pikiran-rakyat.com/entertainment/pr-1311587652/tak-main-main-ciuman-panas-lee-min-ho-vs-kim-go-eun-tuai-rasa-iri-hingga-menangkan-nominasi-best-kiss-2021

• Like 1

From Lee Min Ho in The King to Hyun Bin in CLOY: Here are the 6 most fashionable male characters in K Dramas

Korean male actors are sophisticated and stylish and can give runway models a run for their money! We have cherry-picked the top 6 most fashionable male characters in K-dramas.

Written By Anwaya Mane 985 reads  Mumbai Published: March 17, 2021

lee_min_hoo_getty_main_0.jpg?itok=Cd6V4Z

Admit it, a lot of times we have watched a K-drama solely to watch the handsome actors in the show. K-dramas are blessed with gorgeous looking men, who are no less than reincarnations of a Greek God! South Korea is a fashion-oriented country with a modish range of crisp shirts, jackets, trench coats and comfy sweaters, that can give even runway models a run for their money!

From Lee Min Ho's regal avatar in The King Eternal Monarch to Hyun Bin's modern Seoul makeover in Crash Landing On You. We have cherry-picked the top six most fashionable K-drama characters who dress to kill.

1. Lee Min Ho - The King Eternal Monarch

lee_gon.jpg?itok=mWp79BX7

Who can forget Lee Gon wearing a black jacket with intricate embroidery, sashaying stylishly on his horse Maximus? Well, we cannot forget this divine vision, which has entrenched in our hearts forever. Lee Min Ho looks gorgeous in everything, heck, he would pull off a piece of cardboard with aplomb!

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/lee-min-ho-king-hyun-bin-cloy-here-are-6-most-fashionable-male-characters-k-dramas-649626#

• Like 1

Oppas on Horses: Who Did it Better, Song Joong Ki or Lee Min Ho?
Tags Song Joong Ki Vincenzo Lee Min Ho The King: Eternal Monarch Korean Actors Oppas on horses

BY Shai Collins Mar 18, 2021

K-dramas wouldn't be complete without the dashing, swoon-worthy scenes of the male protagonists. You know, moments that you'll surely want to play on repeat - like Song Joong Ki from "Vincenzo" and Lee Min Ho from "The King: Eternal Monarch" riding a white horse, as if they are straight out of a fairy tale.

These two prominent Korean actors pulled the same stunt in their respective dramas, sweeping us off our feet. And in case you missed their prince-like moments, allow us to show you!

"The King: Eternal Monarch": Lee Min Ho as King Gon Perfectly Embodies Nobility

Who wouldn't forget Lee Min Ho's iconic scenes while riding his horse Maximus in "The King: Eternal Monarch"? With his perfect figure and King-worthy ensembles, the 33-year-old actor immediately captivated the audiences.

The-King-Eternal-Monarch-lee-min-ho-4332

He played the character of Lee Gon in the fantasy-romance drama. Lee Min Ho served the viewers with countless moments riding his horse, whether it was for war or rescuing his queen. And indeed, nobody else but him was the perfect knight in shining armor for Kim Go Eun, who played the role of a detective Jung Tae Eul.

Both the actors, since they perfectly immersed themselves in the character and scene atmosphere, were able to prove their dedication and passion at work. They succeeded in making their respective prince-like scenes worth-watching.

So, who did it better, Song Joong Ki or Lee Min Ho? Let us know your answer in the comments below!

For more K-Drama, K-Movie, and celebrity news and updates, keep your tabs open here at Kdramastars.

Kdramastars owns this article.

Written by Shai Collins

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/120137/20210318/oppas-horses-who-better-song-joong-ki-lee-min-ho.htm

• Like 1

img.gif

Hello all!

The 1st Year Anniversary of The King: Eternal Monarch is coming in a few weeks!

We are then inviting you to join the rewatch of TKEM starting on April 17:)

We will be rewatching 2 episodes per week.

Please visit this TKEM thread and relive the drama which fascinated audiences worldwide! 

img.gif

img.gif&key=1ed61943c92871eabe99a2523869

cr: Byul E

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 5

On 6/12/2020 at 7:52 PM, syntyche said:

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the end. This has been a community where we share our theories, opinions, and expertise. You have made this into a friendly space where we could share our interest for the drama. Your determination to read all pages of this LTE-fast thread is admirable. :)

In the midst of the challenges in the real world, the story of the parallel worlds, though mind-boggling, has become our escape. It has challenged us to expand our views and understanding, which made us appreciate more the hard work of the entire team of "The King." Lastly, thank you so much for your time. The greatest gift you can give somebody something is your time.

Do stick around, to ease our withdrawal syndrome. I believe there are viewers who would opt to binge-watch the drama after all episodes have been released. Who knows, they might come across this thread. It was great seeing you all here! :heart: 

@1ouise @2handsintertwined @4evrkdrama @acyellowsc @AgentQuake @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @Amy323 @andy78 @an-naum @AquariusMY @bebebisous33 @blobbityblobbityblob @briseis @CallieP @CarolynH @CatWhiskers @Chellsee @ChunSungIm @csmiller1954 @deabakdrama @Deepakmahajan @Dramanoona @Edgar Pordwed @Elnin Joery @Emmy Nur'aenny @extrodinairey @Flloy House @Geolyvseven @goldenashes97 @Goong_admirer @gtLmh0622 @Guine @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @gwin @Heilo @Heretorant @htk9207 @imels @Jad068 @Jaja @jangmi92_ @JC's Lingxi @Jemrie @jeonghyang @JMarei @Joanna Alfson @kaqueski @kboramint @Kdramatic @Killa92 @Kim Rama @Klaus @koreaboooo @krish indu @ktcjdrama @Layali @Learry @leeminhosny @LeftCoastOppa @lindas55 @LRM11219311 @lyrically aesthetic @madmad min @magiclily @mamabear @mingomingo @mrsj3n @ms_inquiry @msdot @mychoiyoung @Nikaa94 @nikki7 @nrbrown @Orientalfan @Phoenix88 @Poppy517 @realistic2280 @rocher22 @scrawford @SCSfanz @Spring Lady @superspace @SweetButters @Thong Thin @Time loop @Umjicheok @vangsweetie637 @Wanderer062287 @wenchanteur @Wis dom @x2020 @Yasaman Asghari @Yippeun_eonnie @YongZura⁷ @yuiy78

@Anagha @Ari10 @ATW @balletgoddess @binniejinniecultivator @Bukk66 @Cara @ChristineH @cynkdf @Euphoria81 @GreenTeandSASHIMI @hiii @Hikki @inBinJinitrust @jees1 @Jeess _yy @Joje @JoyceGEHisashiMitsui @Karina Yuventia @Katrina Abdul Talib@krish indu @lusciousgy @margerytka @Melissa Hadiwinoto @mouse007 @Nodame @NoonaCaana @Sejabin @seojiseoji @shershik @stn5 @suga02pearl @tulip06 @Ummi Hany @winnieho

(Apologies if I missed your names here. I tried my best to list all of those who posted in the last week.) 

Any of you up for the rewatch?!  Adding a couple other new chingus @nina_mitrokhina @backstreetboysfan   @JoannaID    @gpicris  @Areumdaun  @SophieH  .  Please tag any chingus who are missing from this list.  

We are planning a poll, hopefully up around April 16.  

If you want to set up groups to rewatch together, as a group of did a year ago, using netflix party that would also be fun.  It work at little easier by region, so that some people aren't up at 7AM and 11PM, but hey if you do it over the weekend, it might be doable.  

• Blob 7

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Any of you up for the rewatch?!  Adding a couple other new chingus @nina_mitrokhina @backstreetboysfan   @JoannaID    @gpicris  @Areumdaun  @SophieH  .  Please tag any chingus who are missing from this list.  

If you want to set up groups to rewatch together, as a group of did a year ago, using netflix party that would also be fun.  It work at little easier by region, so that some people aren't up at 7AM and 11PM, but hey if you do it over the weekend, it might be doable.  

Sorry, I would but I am just to busy with other things and drama's right now, I am so sorry hun.

• Like 2

As we get closer to The King: Eternal Monarch's anniversary, I have so much feels for LeeEul. I can't believe it'll be a year since we were introduced to this amazing drama. I still haven't moved on from the drama, I'm even more drawn to it now after so many rewatch sessions... I read fics to distract myself from my emotions, but @/misskaahaani's AU, 'Not His Type', made me more emotional heheheeh. Making video edits is my way emotional release, and so I made a two-part edit based on Liam x Mina's (AU characters) relationship. Liam and Mina have become my favorite AU characters, aside from LeeEul, they are probably my comfort characters in this fandom. Hope you enjoy them <3 

Part 1: 

Part 2: 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Okay this is very funny atleast the first half of it is hilarious and I was not planning on laughing but had to share it 

Okay Okay. I will tune it down since it is nearly the 1yr anniversary I mean why not and I have been lowkey surviving on steamy fanfics the rewatch is over due.. 

steamy 19+

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

Okay this is very funny atleast the first half of it is hilarious and I was not planning on laughing but had to share it

Okay Okay. I will tune it down since it is nearly the 1yr anniversary I mean why not and I have been lowkey surviving on steamy fanfics the rewatch is over due.. 

steamy 19+

Lmao. This is scandalous even for the team from the bars standards but tbh i am also running out of fanfics and haven't been active for awhile just lurking from time to time. Fanfics are the fuel. Imagine reading @AgentQuake, @Time loop or @SweetButters fanfics :wut: but luckily there are some good fanfic artists out there so we are saved from the mentioned suspects:joy:

On 3/21/2021 at 1:16 AM, CarolynH said:

Thanks for the shout out. I will be joining you guys. Any ideas for the poll? 

• LOL 4
  • Blob 2

The King has a very good ending and is one of the few favorite endings I've seen in a drama ㅠㅠ
Your Majesty ... Isn't he told you to get married there ...?
Everyone was really happy with the happy ending at their seat, but something lingering remains deeply ...
I will see the legend of the Blue Sea again with a new heart ... I have to see good things for a long time

[Daily Shincho]
What Korean drama should you watch next to "Crash Landing on You"? A list of works taught by connoisseurs, from love affairs to social problems
-If you want a cool prince, Lee Min Ho, who starred in "The King: Eternal Monarch", is also worth

Exactly a year ago today, TKEM revealed new images of #LeeMinHo as King Lee Gon Prince

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Lmao. This is scandalous even for the team from the bars standards but tbh i am also running out of fanfics and haven't been active for awhile just lurking from time to time. Fanfics are the fuel imagine reading @AgentQuake, @Time loop or @SweetButters fanfics :wut: but luckily there are some good fanfic artists out there so we are saved from the mentioned suspects:joy:

Thanks for the shout out. I will be joining you guys. Any ideas for the poll? 

I'm not sure if they write fanfics aside from @Time loop perhaps lowkey bad rating fanfics just kidding haven't seen any fanfics from that poster but I think she/he said they write fanfics. I don't think sweetbutters writes and if it was it would be a theology heavy edition of tkem. @AgentQuake Could write decent fanfics tho if she/he wanted. We have another potential candidate @Nikaa94..

@CarolynHwhat do you think? If people are up for it why not.

You know what I have an idea why don't everyone at the re-watch event write a short fanfic nothing to demanding or time consuming ofcourse

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

On 3/21/2021 at 1:16 AM, CarolynH said:

count me in. April 17th is an ideal date. I am all up for it. Is that eastern or pacific times? 

• Blob 1

I have an idea for the 1st poll.  I've been thinking of a couple of others.  I have not watch TKEM since it ended, believe it or not, so I may create the polls on the fly.  It's a little different since we already know the story.  

18 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

count me in. April 17th is an ideal date. I am all up for it. Is that eastern or pacific times? 

When I participated in the Netflix party, we had people in Asia and the US.  It was a little difficult to accommodate everyone, which is why I suggested perhaps watching according to the region.  Also, you need a laptop (or I guess desktop) to use Netflix party.  We'll figure it out as it gets closer to the date.

Osan City resumes operation on the 27th of the drama set tour

Osan City announced on the 24th that it will operate the drama set of "The King: Eternal Monarch" in Naesammi-dong, which have not been opened due to the spread of Covid-19, as an online pre-booking system from the 27th.

The hours and gardens are up to 20 people (4~5 teams) per hour from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day, and only pre-bookers of the drama set reservation system on Osan City Hall's website can enter.

In the event of bad weather, such as heat waves and rain, every Monday and August, the filming period of the video shall not be operated as a holiday. It is difficult to watch freely because of the filming location, but it will provide safe and enjoyable viewing services with the guidance and explanation of the guide.

In Naesammi-dong, Osan in 2020, the set of SBS drama "The King: The Eternal Monarch" was created.

In particular, the "Seoosan Hue Center," a tourist convenience facility, has been built on the drama set. There are exhibition and experience spaces on the first floor, and tourist rest areas and cafes on the second floor where visitors can see the set.

Osan Mayor Kwak Sang-wook said, "We will provide various tourism services for visiting tourists to expand tourism infrastructure and become a city of Hallyu, culture, education, and tourism, along with the drama set in Osan's inner Sammi-dong, Eo-Osan Hue Center, future miniature village, and safety complex experience center."

spacer.png

Source: https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/22JXM414WB

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1