Quantcast
WeLoveSoompi

[On-Going THAI BL Series 2019] 3 WILL BE FREE

46 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Would he not prefer to be addressed as she? Strikes me as one of those tricky protocol problems. I'll have to listen more closely for kha or khrab. I'm going to stick to she. Walks, talks, dresses, acts and wants to be a female : so she.

Mae does prefer to be consider a girl; but everyone around knows HE is a Katoy, and mistreat him because of this. Sugar was also kill.

Legaly Mae is a guy... so I will alway refer to him as He.

55 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Shin was clear when asked if he had a crush on Neo - would I have gone through all this if I hadn't.

You can't really say it was a date.

The kiss is important because it happened with someone that Shin is attracted to. Even if they never get to see each other again he kissed him. If you met Singto and he agreed to a kiss you would know that it was all fan meet stuff. Don't read too much into it, but you wouldn't wash your face for days :-)

Neo knows rightly that Shin has a crush on him. Might even be bordering on love . He does send out conflicting signals though. These are emotional times they are living through so hugging may not mean that much on an amorous level. Perhaps Neo is just being kind to him. Was Ken wrong for lying to Shin ? Would the rejection have been worse if he had said : totally into boys Shin but to be honest you so do not ring my bell. 

You are presuming that Neo survives and Shin gets his man. You might be jumping the gun a bit. Probably right though. 

If he was talking about sex all Neo has shown is his ability to function with either sex. Shin is gay because he is capable of falling in love with somebody of the same gender. Now, to my mind, to be bisexual you have to be capable of falling in love with either gender. Neo has sex he does not fall in love. Shin has just had a sexual experience with Mew (or so it could be believed at this point). That doesn't stop him from being gay and it doesn't make him bisexual either in my book. It's whom you are capable of falling in love with that defines that aspect of you not who you bed. 

To have a crush doesn't mean to be in love. That is always my point: Shin does LIKES Neo a lot. But we can't talk about love.

Love is something much stronger, and it needs much more time to develop. You can like someone right away; but never love at first sight. When that phrase is use is always as a long flash back... thinking of the beginning. 

I didn't say is was a date: I wrote "date", to emphasize the fact we don't know the nature, or how it was conceived.

Besides: date is a general world... is not exclusive for romantic meetings, as it means simply  appointment.

Course... Shin was waiting for Neo outside his apartment, by the elevators, with a bag full of food (baguettes shows off; and were there are baguettes, there is cheese and wine as well).

Interesting is that they kept in touch, and were to meet more than just once before the running started.

I will leave the kiss scene into what it was for me.

And NO, please. Keep Singto far away from me in your fantasy world. IF I have to kiss him, I would just vomit :mask:

We are inside a thriller that won't leave much room for romance... no matter how much Shin wishes for it. IF Shin doesn't take the initiative  - like Mew did - nothing will happen again. He has been waiting for Neo to act on it... He should be leading the way. Course... That is not who Shin is... Then about Neo hugging Shin: Thais do not just hug. Body interaction is not done easily; and it only happens with people who are really close. The longer the hug, the most meaningful it is. Westerns have a different ways of body interaction that is not to be taken for Thais. Even a handshake is something rare in Thailand also amount the new generations. The higher you are in the social pyramid, the less any physical contact takes place.

The rejection issue can't be changed now; no matter how the answer was back in time. Both ways SHIN was rejected. And that's it.

There is a difference, however: Ken being gay would have mean SHIN winning a gay friend to talk to.

But SHIN was left in the dark, thinking he came out to one of his best friends, and was left alone to suffer it; even thinking he may betray him, and tell everyone Shin was gay.

So YES: There is a difference in the quality of the answer Ken gave to Shin back in time.

YOU are contradicting yourself; and you also keep on mixing "falling in love" with "physical attraction":

You need to learn to separate them from each other.

Neo doesn't seems to me to know what LOVE is at this point. He has never felt in love in his life yet. Neither has Shin. The only one who ever had a relationship here and was in love is Mew.

Now: Neo seems to have had sex with both, girls and guys (working on a Boys Go Go says it all) already. If they were customers, or casual affairs, that do not matter at all. He has that sexual experience, and that is all it takes to be bisexual. people can have many sexual affairs. That doesn't mean they have to married every one they got into bed with.

I am not sure about Shin. He may still be a virgin (as we don't know what the threesome was about). But he claims always to have liked guys, even to his parents... so we can assume that even if he was able to have sex with a girl under special circumstances, he would only be trully happy together with a guy. 

Cheers...!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

He doesn't have to do anything. He merely has to threaten. That is the way it works. 

Do you really think MEW can be threaten at this point in any way, by anyone?

She has overcome the thing she feared the most in her life; and she is FREE from that fear now.

There is no way she may capitulate to anyone at this point, but to herself.

Cheers...!

• Insightful 1

On 9/21/2019 at 11:24 PM, dustinmyeye said:

As for these pages where we meet I sometimes wonder if we have frightened everybody else away. We seem to be a core group of about seven people. Not like the good old days of Sotus. 

Well, I got the sea and the sun today. A few got the sex as well but I was not amongst them :D

Of course, write tough words (but true), is not the kind that will please every time to usual Soompi readers! As everyone is free to "touch & go", this is not a problem for me. It is well know quantity doesn't made quality! I'm not here for "i can't wait for this!" Another YT classic is "Eng sub please!" Maybe we are too much into headache that put some off the thread! Another french proverb says (litteraly): "It is better to be alone than to be in bad company"! Harsh talking?

Spoiler

During Viet-Nam war, Thailand was the US soldier's brothel. For now, a few places have replace soldiers for sex maniac tourists!

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 12:03 AM, Mel_Rios said:

3 Will Be Free Cast

MAYA Awards 2019 (20 September 2019)

This is "just for the record"... :kiss_wink:

Cheers...!

It's the right time for the cast at last to bring us some fun when we see their faces!

Just hope entrance security staff verify no-one wear a gun at the ceremony!

• LOL 1

On 9/22/2019 at 1:04 AM, Mel_Rios said:

To have a crush doesn't mean to be in love. That is always my point: Shin does LIKES Neo a lot. But we can't talk about love.

I didn't say is was a date: I wrote "date", to emphasize the fact we don't know the nature, or how it was conceived.

Besides: date is a general world... is not exclusive for romantic meetings, as it means simply  appointment.

Course... Shin was waiting for Neo outside his apartment, by the elevators, with a bag full of food (baguettes shows off; and were there are baguettes, there is cheese and wine as well).

Interesting is that they kept in touch, and were to meet more than just once before the running started.

We are inside a thriller that won't leave much room for romance... no matter how much Shin wishes for it. IF Shin doesn't take the initiative  - like Mew did - nothing will happen again. He has been waiting for Neo to act on it... He should be leading the way. Course... That is not who Shin is... Then about Neo hugging Shin: Thais do not just hug. Body interaction is not done easily...

YOU are contradicting yourself; and you also keep on mixing "falling in love" with "physical attraction":

Neo ... has never felt in love in his life yet. Neither has Shin. The only one who ever had a relationship here and was in love is Mew.

Now: Neo seems to have had sex with both, girls and guys already. If they were customers, or casual affairs, that do not matter at all. He has that sexual experience, and that is all it takes to be bisexual. people can have many sexual affairs. That doesn't mean they have to married every one they got into bed with.

I am not sure about Shin. He may still be a virgin (as we don't know what the threesome was about). But he claims always to have liked guys, even to his parents... so we can assume that even if he was able to have sex with a girl under special circumstances, he would only be truly happy together with a guy. 

It is clear that Shin does like Neo a lot  as you put it. Love ? Who knows ? The question posed was : "You like me, right ?". What does Neo mean by that ? I do not think that he means in terms of bog standard friendship, no, he means that he realises that for Shin the friendship goes beyond that. We can't say whether Shin is in love or not because so far he has not expressed anything verbally. I think by his actions that he is. You don't. It's no big deal.

"There is one scene they talk about in EP 6 as Neo didn't show up for a "date" they had"

The word, date, in English within the context of a meeting between two people pretty much implies romantic intentions. Aye, I am being pedantic but only because we are not the only people reading this and others may not have a solid grasp of English.

If you go on a date with the state executioner you will still be around the following morning. Date = a meeting where romance is at least hoped for (even on a blind date you are hoping to hit it off). And yes, you are going out with your date.

On the other hand if you have a date with the same executioner don't expect lunch :unsure:. Date = merely a particular moment on the calendar.

Shin uses the phrase, bail out on me, which shows that he feels as though he was stood up ( @gogole mongol : rabbit job :) ). In Shin's head that was going to be a date and not just an afternoon together.

In regards to the hug, you are right to remind us that physical contact is not common place within Thai society. Small gestures can carry more weight than westerners might understand. I haven't watched Episode 7 yet to see what further fall out we have from the threesome - and as I have said, we cannot be certain that anything took place.

I get your point about love and sexual attraction. At base level you are correct about the sexual identity thing. I was trying to make the point of the requirement for an emotional bond as well - attraction being an emotion. Shin can have sex with Mew all he likes (so long as brownies are on the menu) but he is attracted to guys, I do not see him (at the moment) as being bisexual. Perhaps I take a view that is too long term. I look at the result : who you fell in love with and with whom you lived out your days. That presumes that where you live you are able to have the choice, and if you do not, do you suddenly become bisexual through force of circumstances ?

Back to the plot and our threesome : not enough information to get beyond speculation. Shin, you need to get a move on and become possessive. If you use the word wife I will disown you :)

• Like 2

On 9/22/2019 at 1:09 AM, Mel_Rios said:

Do you really think MEW can be threaten at this point in any way, by anyone?

She has overcome the thing she feared the most in her life; and she is FREE from that fear now.

There is no way she may capitulate to anyone at this point, but to herself.

I suppose it depends as to whether or not she gives a thought to her mother who is in the same boat.

We will soon find out just how reliable Boss John is.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1

12 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

Of course, write tough words (but true), is not the kind that will please every time to usual Soompi readers! As everyone is free to "touch & go", this is not a problem for me. It is well know quantity doesn't made quality! I'm not here for "i can't wait for this!" Another YT classic is "Eng sub please!" Maybe we are too much into headache that put some off the thread! Another french proverb says (litteraly): "It is better to be alone than to be in bad company"! Harsh talking?

Reveal hidden contents

During Viet-Nam war, Thailand was the US soldier's brothel. For now, a few places have replace soldiers for sex maniac tourists!

Aye, but I am as guilty as the next person for sometimes getting carried away over some minor point. Have you noticed that one brand of pistol seems to be very popular by all the parties - possibly because they only have a couple on the set :). I keep meaning to look it up but then think - catch yerself on mister, who cares ? This is kids' TV !

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

for sometimes getting carried away over some minor point.

I think that's why a forum is made for, no?! BTW, we are all kids, or ex-kids!!! We love when we play...

50 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Shin uses the phrase, bail out on me, which shows that he feels as though he was stood up ( @gogole mongol : rabbit job :) ). In Shin's head that was going to be a date and not just an afternoon together.

To my eyes, Shin is still a newbie in love. Just a kiss will gives him sensation that action doesn't deserve. But the best way to learn into this matter is to experiment as soon as possible. He also must care to not to fall down too fastly into "too much" acting.

• Like 1

With ep 8, the run away blood ballad start again (even it never stopped!). Everyone have his own (bad/good) reason to act as they all do, so it becomes difficult to forsee how things will end! 

• Sad 1

Finally catching up on Ep 7.  "The John Hotel" one of those occasions where somebody didn't think through the title in a foreign language. Where are you staying ? The John !  Did they not have any larger rooms ? :huh:

Highlight of the episode for me, involving cries of "yes ! at last !" : Tur shot John in the leg first. Hurts like hell but has the advantage that as your head is still attached you can answer questions :).

I'll watch the episode again before saying more as it raises some interesting questions now that the hunter has become the hunted (and by all sides). PP needs to get out of the John. The pay may be good but the termination of the contract tends to be just that : terminal.

• Awesome 1

On 9/23/2019 at 1:58 PM, dustinmyeye said:

The word, date, in English within the context of a meeting between two people pretty much implies romantic intentions. Aye, I am being pedantic but only because we are not the only people reading this and others may not have a solid grasp of English.

Shin uses the phrase, bail out on me, which shows that he feels as though he was stood up. In Shin's head that was going to be a date and not just an afternoon together.

I get your point about love and sexual attraction. Shin (...) I do not see him (at the moment) as being bisexual.

Back to the plot and our threesome : not enough information to get beyond speculation.

Shin, you need to get a move on and become possessive. If you use the word wife I will disown you :)

But that is exactly the main problem with the EngSubs of so many Thai Series (and Koreans as well), mixing terms and meanings.

I am sorry if most people are just FIXED with a basic vocabulary.

Yes... for Shin that was a DATE in a romantic way... and that is why I used " _ " when commenting about it (what you still haven't understood) to emphasis the ambivalence of the meaning:

For Shin a romantic date

For Neo it was nothing more than a gathering, a meeting, friends spending time together.

Nope... I don't think Shin can ever be bisexual. He is GAY 100%.

He may do crazy erotic things under the influence of the brownies, and Neo... but that will be it.

I think we should assume nothing major happened... or also that it was an experience they all shared, and that has no further meaning.

It may have help strengths their friendship, and also release most of Shin jealousy (which it really does).

Will be ever get a flash back "explaining" something... (?)

I can't see Shin being possessive with Neo. He likes him too much not to want him be free and happy.

Cheers...!

Since the thread head is not updating... I will do it, once again

3 Will Be Free สามเราต้องรอด 

Episode 8 (Friday, 27 September 2019)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Teaser Ep 9

Episode 8 is the time of the truth coming out

Specially for Mae...

It also brings Neo to realize there is no way out of the running, unless they stop the lead source: Shin's father

Enjoy it...!

Cheers...!

• Thanks 1

Mae

Scene Highlight

Episode 8

The moment of the true

One of the best scenes of this Series...!!!

O M G...!!

:astonished: :bawling: :flushed: :relieved:

Cheers...!

Episode 8

What am amazing Episode...!!

So many things finally coming together, and also the turning point of the runners. It made me really connect with "The Maze Runner Trilogy", as Thomas really run a rescued mission to get his Minho back :kiss_wink: but was not successful. It is amazing what love or friendship can move and push forward when at risk. After that there was just one way: go into WCKD, rescue Minho, and destroy the entire system from inside in the way out. In the end Thomas got what he wanted: save Minho, destroy WCKD, and go to a peaceful place were the remaining young generation could live in freedom and on their own terms.

Here in "3 Will Be Free" the same realization is happening; as Neo realizes there is no stopping Boss Thana from hunting them over and over, no matter how many men he loses in the way. Ter's words about it were the conformation there is no ending this, unless one of them dies: It is them, or Boss Thana now. And so Neo decides to go on his own... get himself ready, and find a way back into freedom. Like Thomas in "The Maze Runner Trilogy" Neo makes a plan of his own... only here Neo is really going to be alone to follow his own plan. How Mew finds out, we will know.

I found the way Ter and Mae change extremely well written. The amazing influence of the past and Phon over Mae leaded to him finally letting go completely. Knowing the entire truth about how Phon died, who killed him and why let Mae have some peace of mind and let go. The circle of people being hurt innocently because of his revenge comes to an end. Ter is also conflicted, as Shin reveals the truth about how it all starts... with Ter making a mistake by killing Shin's step mother. That mistake leads to Phon dead. Everything that seemed connected falls into parts, but at the same time all the cards are on the table. In the peak of the entire process Shin shows us again how concentrated and precise he can be, taking down his dad's minion, and saving everyone. When I think of it; Shin is the one who has done the most brave things for everyone so far; and the funny thing is that mostly is Mew the one having a gun pointing on her head when that happens. Shin also managed to convince Ter to change, and move on with a new life. Kindness for those who have suffer is always very comforting. Knowing that Phon wanted to change his own future, and live a peaceful life with Mae must have also clicked inside Ter back then since EP 1. Who wants to be a killer for a boss mafia? Probably just someone with murder instincts...

One moment let us clarify also the emotions: Mew and Shin both like Neo, and they talk about it openly. There is no feeling of competition, or jealousy... more of concern, and sharing. Is like they would like to keep their threesome happy life for as long as it lasts. Only... Neo has made up his mind. Probably also knowing the only way to be together in peace, is eradicating the root of their problems. And Mew has no feelings for sweet loving Luang anymore. Those love feelings died in the past; and at last, in the moment Mew felt for Neo. It is sad to see how much Luang still likes and loves Mew, knowing she can not be happy with him anymore, nor can she make him happy.

I am looking forward to Shin going back to his father. He is going to play the good mafia boss son in exchange of protecting both Neo and Mew. Can he trust his own father? The best would be to kill him, himself; sale all the family properties and leave the country to live somewhere by the sea in a bungalow (Neo's dream) happily ever after. But I am more curious as for what is Shin going to tell his father about the entire running and kidnapping adventure. Then; to his father, it was Neo & Mew the ones who kidnapped Shin for money. He could claim they helped him to escape from Boss John... but even that doesn't sound convincing to me. We will see.

I think this is it from now.

Cheers...!

21 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

One of the best scenes of this Series...!!!

O M G...!!

Don't forget, remember Mae is now a killer! She/He consciously hit someone! Even there is regrets, it's too late, she/he enter into the dark side of life! Be a she/he wasn't enough, commit murder add his misfortune! Which way for her/him to be save?

• Unamused 1

9 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

I am looking forward to Shin going back to his father. He is going to play the good mafia boss son in exchange of protecting both Neo and Mew. Can he trust his own father? The best would be to kill him, himself; sale all the family properties and leave the country to live somewhere by the sea in a bungalow (Neo's dream) happily ever after. But I am more curious as for what is Shin going to tell his father about the entire running and kidnapping adventure. Then; to his father, it was Neo & Mew the ones who kidnapped Shin for money. He could claim they helped him to escape from Boss John... but even that doesn't sound convincing to me. We will see.

Just quote this part, so we can include all Mel_Rios saga comment. I made short! As usual, i didn't expect anything from a serie, made no predictions, i will follow what i will see on screen, and take it as it comes. What will be will be, and i mainly think of the serie's title: three will be free! I think it means everyone (Neo, Shin and Miw) will found out how to be safe and survive to a human hunting. Is they will have a peaceful life or happy one, i will see what writer decided when it type the script, and what serie's director made of it! BTW, i am enough satisfied with present eps, hope it will be the same until the last one!

• Naughty 1

The fight on the roof of the hotel. PP panics : "You're bleeding a lot". Back downstairs the 'gaping' wound is fixed with a band aid. I like the idea that Korean series provide medical competencies above those of say, Thai series. :)

So, Mae is not going to get involved in the Shin escapade but at the same time he isn't going to let Ter go it alone because he is reckless.

Ter's grandmother must be one interesting old lady if she still cares about him.

Shin's rescue had some good moment's. Miw's entry into the room whilst removing the mask was almost worthy of : "if you want to live, come with me".

How did Boss John ever become a top criminal ? He is holding the son of his main rival. His fire alarm is sounding but there is no fire. All of his guards appear to have fled the building (Ter is just going to walk in). He then comes out with the classic line of : "I think something is up".

Ter tells Mae he can be the get-away driver but I am pretty certain Mae never changes seat.

Ter, really has this thing of getting as close as he can to his intended target and thus putting his pistol within reach. Not only the pistol but himself. He actually has to step back to shoot John in the leg. I am also a bit surprised that John does not carry a sidearm he just sneaks into the room when the gun fight starts. Ter not only doesn't suspect him to be carrying nor does he watch his back (where are all the guards ?). End result, Ter gets shot.

Meanwhile outside, Mae is listening to music (yep, still in the passenger seat) oblivious to the gun fire.

I think that I am as much amused by these faults (as I see them) as by the plot. The lack of common sense by all parties constantly leads to more problems.  Shin got captured because Neo and Miw never considered for a moment that a super criminal might be playing them. Shin is rescued because the guards just run away at the sound of a fire alarm and John is very slow on the up take that "something is up". John is running about unarmed despite the fact that there are 'good guys' on the premises who have guns. John gets shot but Ter's own recklessness means he is shot as well - by a third party who has also just managed to walk onto the premises. Tea break for the guards ?

I was going to speculate on Ep 8. but I watched it instead :)

• LOL 1

Ep 8.

I was initially a bit baffled because I had skipped 'Previous Episode' and thus missed the bit of Neo seeing the newspaper though I am pretty certain it wasn't in Ep 7. Old age creeping up on me perhaps.

Where are our three heroes getting all the new clothes from ? they never seem to be carrying that much luggage. I am also wondering why they have been sitting around 'for hours' whilst Neo mourns his brother. I was under the impression that Boss John was supposed to be a super ruthless villain who had eyes and ears everywhere and was certainly not going to just let them take Shin off him. There is also the added threat that they know that Ter has caught up with them as well (that would be their guess, Luang's evidence certainly points to Thana's men in town).

Why would anywhere connected to Luang be secure ? Boss John would know of the connection and by now must surely suspect Luang of having some involvement in the rescue - why else would Luang casually walk into a supposedly burning hotel for a cosy chat.

Luang is being seriously stupid in suggesting that Miw stays with him at the garage. He is aware that both Thana's men and John's know that he is connected to Miw so it will only be a matter of time before somebody comes a calling to break his legs, burn down his building and shoot his assistant (who will evidently rat on him at the first opportunity). Or just follow him !

Mae didn't want to have anything to do with 'rescuing' Shin. Now he is complaining that Ter didn't take him along - to cover his back. I am baffled as to why he is later sitting in bath with his clothes on.

Am I right in thinking that Boss John still has the USB stick so our heroes now have nothing ?

On first viewing I howled with laughter at the idea of Ter and Mae following Luang through the wood. With that amount of stuff on the ground silence is not an option. The same goes for Neo being able to creep on them and later still Thana's man.

I think the woodland scene is likely to be the crux of the entire series. Nobody killed the person they are 'rumoured' to have killed. That leaves all the revenge stuff up in the air whilst people get their heads around who they are actually supposed to be having the argument with. Mae now knows that Phon's death and the entire sordid story started with Ter's original mistake of killing Va.

Luang was still being daft in thinking that he could hand Ter and Mae over to Boss John. At some stage his involvement in Shin's rescue would have come out even 'slow on the uptake' John would have worked it out eventually.

Shin's idea of letting Ter and Mae go is therefore slightly more rational (not that I think he knew of the original plan) but it hinges on Mae I think. Ter is more of a clean-up kid than a let things be sort of guy. Can he be trusted not to eliminate anybody that holds something against him ?

Luang does get my quote of the episode : "Miw. I brought stuff for you, sanitary pads and toiletries".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gogole mongol said:

Don't forget, remember Mae is now a killer! She/He consciously hit someone! Even there is regrets, it's too late, she/he enter into the dark side of life! Be a she/he wasn't enough, commit murder add his misfortune! Which way for her/him to be save?

In Mae's case there is the point that he killed somebody who was innocent. He killed that person because Ter told him to, as an act of initiation into the world of bad guys. There was no justification for the murder, he gained nothing from it at all. There is room then for real remorse.

I think that things might have been different if at the hotel Mae had seen the wounded Ter, jumped out of the car opened the boot, grabbed the heavy machine-gun a la Arnie and mowed everybody down.

I'll stick my neck out : killing somebody does not turn you to the dark side. There are plenty of instances where you might need to (Miw's situation for example - she's killed two people). What turns you is when you stop feeling the pain and responsibility.

I was about to say something about Ter but I need to reconsider how to put it. Soldiers at war kill people. It is their job and there is the element of kill or be killed. After the first few you become numb to it all (or you have a break-down). I do not think that Ter enjoys killing people. It is just what he does for a living. He is numb to the emotions of regret and remorse and that gives him the ability to shoot people at the drop of a hat. He may well be a bad-guy but perhaps not necessarily evil.

Mae will do fine. I'll take it all back if in Ep 10 he arrives late at the operating theatre waving a revolver shouting "Yo ! Off the table. That's my place" :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1