[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

Just finished watching with subs. As I expected, no kookmin moment really. And funny enough I quite liked Chanmin in this episode, I mean even the show said it was a forced loveline for airtime:joy:.  The both admitted they were joking around and are not interested in each other and it was quite funny.

Now kookmin has me being in doubt in this episode. Kjk suddenly promoting Chanmin and giving suggestions left me confused. Isn't he usually quiet? Now I'm not so sure about everything, looks like they really are kookmin siblings which is also fine with me as long as everyone is happy in the end.

Even though he behaved that way, I was still suspicious. After Somin said she was single, we could see her giving a hush sign to someone but who? I don't know what that was about so I won't jump into conclusions. If they are platonic, I'm really rooting for them because Somin's reaction to how JK expresses his feelings in the bus was over the top cute. Even I cringed a little at some of the things he said but she really loves things like that. I mean they are practically meant to be lol. They always portray Somin as the single girl who's desperately looking for love and doesnt know how to go about it but YJS said she gives the best relationship advice and even LKS said he was her VIP client which I found so cute. She helps him out with his relationship, friendship goals:heart:. YJS also said he wishes Somin would have a segment or show where she advices people on dating and relationships, I wish the members didn't interrupt him and let him promote her fully but I laughed too so i can't really complain. I really hope she gets a show where she can do that, i want to see the different sides that is JSM. 

Kjk was also promoting Chanmin then said the reason YSC doesn't like JSM is because he has seen her wasted many times. Lol, how contradicting. When Somin took offence and the guest told her she was cute and she cutely said see, she said I'm cute too. We could hear Kjk in the background trying to take his statement back and suddenly praising her. Also after he spoke about the taking photos thing and YJS made a joke out of it.  The cameras zoomed in on him saying 'that was funny'. Then he took a glance at the back directly towards where JSM was but then the scenes changed so fast. I was surprised I caught that moment since I had given up on kookmin in this episode and was just enjoying the show and the jokes. Why did he glance back? To see her reaction to how he flirts?

The remaining parts of the episode were just there, it was enjoyable but I didn't spot any more moments. They were just side by side since they were in the same team that's all. And why didn't he suspect her lmao. He never suspects her, I suspected her from the beginning but even when people were saying she was suspicious he refused to believe it like lol what level of denial is that:joy:. But I could understand since it was LKS he suspected from the beginning. Poor kwang soo, no one ever believes him lol but then again he is a habitual liar on the show so even I don't believe him when he speaks.

Stay strong kookmin shippers. Most of us have been shipping them before we even started to see them romantically, their interactions brought something fresh and intresting to the show and even now that the clan is growing and more people are seeing it more romantically, it's still as fresh and as intresting but now very suspicious lol. But just ship with a free heart, what ever will be will be. It's their lives not ours at the end of the day, we can only analyse based on what we see or what they don't show us sometimes. If they become a couple, it would really be so wonderful and one of the best love stories out there lol because they really are compatible, if they just turn out to be really close friends, I'll still root for them that way too. Don't give up on kookmin, we only see a 1 hour 30 minute edited part of them every week and the parts we are interested in, the lovelines are all scripted and for the show's sake so we can't say. Wishing for better days for our kookmin and betters days for us shippers too.:heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

Will watch the episode later tonight after work. However regarding comments made about Jongkook suddenly being onboard the chanmin ship, would like to remind folks that Jongkook as the MC for the SBS year-end award show was still teasing Kwangmin and acting like there could be something there even though I'm sure he knew by then that Kwangsoo was dating Lee Sunbin! 

I think there might be stages to the show-enforced chanmin loveline, but I need to watch the recent ep first.

I'll just say that it's wishful thinking of SBS to float the chanmin loveline as it doesn't generate the same chemistry and interest as Kwangmin did before Kwangsoo got attached. Kwangmin had that electric love-hate element and this spark that was organic and not artificial like the chanmin loveline - for example her cursing the descendants of the tofu thief and him saying he'll marry her in that case LOL - which is a situation arising from how they generally behave with each other. Whereas the Chanmin loveline is more Somin making overtures usually after being cued by Jaesuk or another member and Sechan reacting cautiously - nothing heart-stopping or thrilling to romantic shippers lol. I don't know why SBS think Chanmin could ever replace Kwangmin. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

What i learn from this episode,somin is a great actress..she got away again with spy mission. That's why i said she can put a poker face whenever they talk abt love, chanmin or kookmin. We dont know their real feelings.Its a variety show after all. I dont believe in any loveline anymore aftr what we saw in MC & Kwangmin. I support kookmin bcause nobody in the show dare to tease/force them into loveline:sweatingbullets:

Im not affect at all with JSM-YSC loveline bcause they looks not interested with each other. They're just joking. JK oppa support chanmin, maybe it's part of the act. We dont know. 

But ofcos, we cannot be too obsessive & delulu. We shippers are the one who will get hurt in the end if they dont be together. Its all depends on fate. You can see how some of Monday couple shippers still can't move on and get mad at gary bcause of his marriage. Whoever they ended up with, we have to support them.

I will stop shipping them romantically if i hear  news abt their relationship with other people or they deny strongly of their relationship(like JK & Jihyo did when people asked abt them).But until now, nobody interested in kookmin even RM members.

Now, lets just enjoy kookmin interactions in positive & moderate way:)

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Did you all notice what somin said during the makeup session? She said that when she got married please delete all the pictures of her in custom. To me this is definitely saying that she's in a relationship now and thinking of marriage. Who''s the lucky guy? I hope its the one that we're hoping for. But if its another person, I'm still happy for them. I think it's about time both of them find their respective partner.

Regarding JSM-YSC loveline, I really don't have anything against it as I know they're BFF. I think sechan is a very good person and always treats somin nicely. To me he's been somin's pillar of strength when they start RM. They really support each other and I'm really thankfull to sechan for that.  I think the reason why sechan is reluctant to go into the loveline plot is because of his good manners. He probably knows that somin is in a relationship now as they're very close and probably knows who the BF is, and because of that I think that's why he doesn't want to be drag into the loveline regardless of how desperate the PDs want it to happen. And furthermore if the loveline do happen, JSJ will definitely make a fuss about it and protest:D. Just like he did when sunny was one of the guest:D

• Like 9

1 hour ago, yaya1 said:

Did you all notice what somin said during the makeup session? She said that when she got married please delete all the pictures of her in custom. To me this is definitely saying that she's in a relationship now and thinking of marriage. Who''s the lucky guy? I hope its the one that we're hoping for. But if its another person, I'm still happy for them. I think it's about time both of them find their respective partner.

Regarding JSM-YSC loveline, I really don't have anything against it as I know they're BFF. I think sechan is a very good person and always treats somin nicely. To me he's been somin's pillar of strength when they start RM. They really support each other and I'm really thankfull to sechan for that.  I think the reason why sechan is reluctant to go into the loveline plot is because of his good manners. He probably knows that somin is in a relationship now as they're very close and probably knows who the BF is, and because of that I think that's why he doesn't want to be drag into the loveline regardless of how desperate the PDs want it to happen. And furthermore if the loveline do happen, JSJ will definitely make a fuss about it and protest:D. Just like he did when sunny was one of the guest:D

I think JSM and KJK are in a relationship now, but not with each other...

They are cute together and they seem to be compatible with each other but KJK seems to have other type of girl as his girlfriend in his mind...I see him with a California type girl ....a more american type girl than korean.... for SoMin I see her with a bohemian and artistic kind of man...a man like SORAN lider ( I know he is married with kids, I am just describing the type of man for her) or Lee Dong Hwi .... 

I love KookMin but I am realistic and more important I want them to be happy...I want them to find their special one...they are great people and deserve all the hapiness in their lifes with whoever they choose....^_^

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RunningGirl7686 said:

Lol I really don't think so. While I'm with you with the fact that this episode makes me think of them as just friends, we should also remember it's just one episode. One edited episode. We don't know what goes on behind the camera or scenes

Sure if they are actually dating different people we will still root for them because at the end of the day, their happiness is all that matters. But we can't just jump into conclusions.

Both kjk and jsm care more about personality in their partners. Jsm wants a loyal, sweet and funny man. Kjk wants someone with a bright personality that can get along with everyone.  He also said he liked female comedians in this episode and guess what he called jsm in the opening?

• Like 6
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, RunningGirl7686 said:

They are cute together and they seem to be compatible with each other but KJK seems to have other type of girl as his girlfriend in his mind...I see him with a California type girl ....a more american type girl than korean.... for SoMin I see her with a bohemian and artistic kind of man...a man like SORAN lider ( I know he is married with kids, I am just describing the type of man for her) or Lee Dong Hwi .... 

I love KookMin but I am realistic and more important I want them to be happy...I want them to find their special one...they are great people and deserve all the hapiness in their lifes with whoever they choose....^_^

Their online interactions don't make sense to me if they're both in a relationship with other people. They don't engage with friends of the opposite sex online the way they do with each other, and I believe that they are not the kind of people who will flirt with others (and that's what their online interactions amount to me - a show of non-platonic interest) if they are in a relationship. I don't count variety lovelines as that's then being in "character". 

Jongkook isn't my first choice for Somin tbh - I ship Kookmin because Somin seems to ship Kookmin lol, and I've come around to the idea that their differences complement each other and that they'll be good for each other. My original Somin ship was my 1% ship (Ha Seokjin), then it was Kwangmin, and now it's Kookmin. 

That being said, no one knows what's really going on until they come out and say it - so I wouldn't stake my own happiness on a kookmin happily ever after (it's their lives after all!).  I'll just continue enjoying their interactions and making reasonable inferences about kookmin until then. :)

btw, now that we've got the mod post about not quoting images etc, let's all ensure that we follow the rules so that we can keep this thread running trouble free thanks! ^^

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, minahnoona said:

Jongkook isn't my first choice for Somin tbh - I ship Kookmin because Somin seems to ship Kookmin lol, and I've come around to the idea that their differences complement each other and that they'll be good for each other. My original Somin ship was my 1% ship (Ha Seokjin), then it was Kwangmin, and now it's Kookmin

Same, lol. Kjk isn't my first choice for Somin since I'm originally her fan. She's so damn cute and shippable with everyone. I ship them because of Somin reaction to him. She actually looks like she likes him or has the possibility to like him.

In today's episode when she was teased with ysc, she said she wouldn't be able to behave like this (all flirty) if she actually liked him. The only single guy I have not seen ber flirt with on the show is Kjk (and once every blue moon, a Male guest). I guess that's why I ship them and this year he started responding positively and they became close I started shipping them for real.

Till they announce otherwise, it's kookmin:heart: for me and if they do, it'll go back to the original 'kookmin siblings'

• Like 7
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Rida Live said:

In today's episode when she was teased with ysc, she said she wouldn't be able to behave like this (all flirty) if she actually liked him. The only single guy I have not seen ber flirt with on the show is Kjk (and once every blue moon, a Male guest).

You're right! She already gave her answer regarding her relationship with sechan. Sechan looks dont know what to do when Somin keep teasing him:D.you only do this to your bff. If he is my crush, i wont do it like this. I will shy to flirt openly like that bcause the feeling is involved.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I swear in last ep JongKook knew Somin was a spy!!!!! 

At some moments he looked at her and smile like he knew everything. When they teased KwangSoo, he suddenly eliminated her from the suspicious group and totally attacked KwangSoo and Jihyo. Can you feel that he distracted other members? When the spy was revealed, JongKook didn’t seem much surprise!!! Insteads, he seems relieved! WHY???

In this ep, he also talked a lot about his girlfriend (maybe ex) but his story relates to Somin’s story in a very suspicious way. I feel like he just want to show that he is a romantic type and attract Somin attention (he succeed tho). 

My heart still beat so fast when I remember his glances to Somin... 

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Grumple Lee said:

¡Juro en el último episodio que JongKook sabía que Somin era un espía! 

En algunos momentos la miró y sonrió como si lo supiera todo. Cuando se burlaron de KwangSoo, de repente la eliminó del grupo sospechoso y atacó totalmente a KwangSoo y Jihyo. ¿Puedes sentir que distrajo a otros miembros? Cuando se reveló el espía, JongKook no pareció sorprenderlo mucho. En cambio, ¡parece aliviado! ¿¿¿POR QUÉ???

En este episodio, también habló mucho sobre su novia (quizás ex), pero su historia se relaciona con la historia de Somin de una manera muy sospechosa. Siento que solo quiere demostrar que es un tipo romántico y atraer la atención de Somin (aunque tiene éxito). 

Mi corazón todavía late tan rápido cuando recuerdo sus miradas a Somin ... 

And when they were choosing who was going to wash the cars, he told her... I trusted you... hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

At some moments he looked at her and smile like he knew everything. When they teased KwangSoo, he suddenly eliminated her from the suspicious group and totally attacked KwangSoo and Jihyo. Can you feel that he distracted other members? When the spy was revealed, JongKook didn’t seem much surprise!!! Insteads, he seems relieved! WHY???

In this ep, he also talked a lot about his girlfriend (maybe ex) but his story relates to Somin’s story in a very suspicious way. I feel like he just want to show that he is a romantic type and attract Somin attention (he succeed tho). 

My heart still beat so fast when I remember his glances to Somin... 

i too felt kjk knew So min  was a spy. whenever suspicion was directed at her, he deflected it. usually, he suspects so min even when she is not the spy. here, she was on his team in one game and was making all sorts of mistakes and yet no word from him. it is so unlike kjk that he would only suspect lks! sjh hasn't been the spy for the longest time and he would know she was not. the way he was pressurizing lks to choose himself without going after so min was really absurd.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, Jin Ken said:

This is not related to Kookmin but can anyone please help to translate what Gary's comment for this post???

Screenshot-2019-11-05-23-59-34-565-com-i

Their expression / their face's expression.. Something like that I think... Maybe he felt their expression was funny...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

i too felt kjk knew So min  was a spy. whenever suspicion was directed at her, he deflected it. usually, he suspects so min even when she is not the spy. here, she was on his team in one game and was making all sorts of mistakes and yet no word from him. it is so unlike kjk that he would only suspect lks! sjh hasn't been the spy for the longest time and he would know she was not. the way he was pressurizing lks to choose himself without going after so min was really absurd.

Right~ the way he push KwangSoo and Jihyo to the edge was really weird. Somin made mistakes since the first game but he just said “maybe Sominnie” one time only. When they chose 1 member can eat in the last game, Jaesuk chose Somin, she also accepted. But JongKook was the who suddenly said “Then Jihyo eat with Jaesuk and HuynHee” and other went with the flow. NICE RESCUSE! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

it was a funny episode in parts. i wasn't too worried about the loveline or kjk's comments on it. my biggest crisis as a shipper was when news articles were released about kjk trying to set up a date for jsm with kjm. When he talked about it on RM, the way he recommended  jong min made him sound as was the most eligible guy for her (if she wanted a singer, he was a singer). He  put her on the spot about who she would choose between his candidate and yjs' candidate. When she chose neither and chose another comedian, it looked like he was thinking "now why did she choose him?" look how that turned out on the MUD episode! almost everyone including the one he wanted to set her up with thought they were suspicious! 

i believe kjk  on MUD is closer to his real self. Like @Rida Live mentioned, he wanted to video call jsm first and then opted for an ordinary call.  is he so used to seeing her face every time they talk? (the man in jsm's story too loved looking at her face :P)  another interesting thing there was the way kjk opened the conversation by asking her where she was and who she was with. she obliged by telling him the details. more than what was said, it was the tone kjk used there that was curious. i have said this before. compared to how polite and apologetic yjs sounded when he called up jsm on his show when he tried to set her up with se ho, kjk sounded so entitled!  what transpired was curiouser. kjk had a concert and a shoot back to back  that day and yet, jsm was asking him whether they could meet up. she too sounded entitled! kjk then casually promised to call her after the shoot. i don't think we would have seen jsm speak so casually to kjk on rm. she would have been more cautious and diplomatic and kjk too would have been careful about calling her.

so after that, i am more skeptical about kjk's attempts to set up jsm with someone else. :) 

i believe from last episode, there have been instructions from the pd to revive chanmin loveline. in this episode as well, that was evident. chanmin had really cute bff interactions in the dressing room until yjs  made the couple clothes comment, giving jsm the cue to play their loveline. it continued through the rest of the episode.

however, with regard to some of the loveline bits in the bus, i also got the feeling that it was being done as a cover for jsm's actual dating status. yjs brings up the loveline in the bus when jsm asks the female comedian about her lovelife. the female comedian is a bit taken aback and perhaps sensing something asks jsm if she has a bf. this is when yjs steps in with the comment that jsm is interested in ysc which is again cuing jsm like 'do your role! on the show, ysc is your loveline'.  jsm is still curious about the comedian's lovelife and asks her when she felt her bf was the ONE and suddenly, as if covering her tracks, she brings ysc's name into it. from jsm's claim later that she can go one up on the other female guest's love story, i get the feeling that jsm is really interested in discussing love related matters and that she may have a tendency to spill more than she should given her 'single' status in public. if you keep aside ysc-jsm loveline, isn't it so suspicious that jsm and kjk came up with the exact same story of how they treat their partners? without the chanmin loveline, kookmin telling the same story and jsm's blushy reaction to kjk's cheesy comments would have required more covering up by the team. isn't it also curious how the RM members are so not curious about JSM's BF who looked at her for 2 hours while she was watching a movie or KJK's GF from whom he couldn't take his eyes off while she was watching TV or whose pretty pictures are on his phone?

as far as kjk is concerned,  this is not the first time he has made  comments on the chanmin loveline.  i remember in the second episode after it was introduced, when jsm complained ysc kept sticking close to her during the opening, he said something like perhaps ysc likes her. In the first episode where it was introduced, when  yjs said so min's mom liked ysc and so min too has some feelings for ysc, he had asked her "What do you like about him?". so he has given casual comments about the loveline  before.  however, after that, whenever the loveline was introduced, kjk was curiously absent from the scene. in the last episode after yjs asks ysc if he had chosen to be on the same team as his gf, yjs gives this really wary look towards someone on the other side and kjk, as discussed here, rubs his eyes when jsm does her loveline with ysc. he might not have been prepared for it there.

kjk though participated more in the chanmin loveline in this episode. it could mean that he has been asked to participate more if there has been a decision by the team to make it an official loveline. the articles for this episode called  them the second monday couple. jsm too used to tease kjk when spartace was promoted as an official loveline. there is also another possibility regarding this which is that kjk was also covering up for both of them by bringing ysc into the mix. what i noticed her is that after yjs introduces the loveline, he doesn't chip in much. none of the other members join in the teasing which is really strange. it is jsm who does most of the explaining to the comedian who is curious if jsm is single. kjk there is the only member who helps her out by contributing his bit to the loveline after which haha joins in. so were they also waiting for kjk for cues? ysc, poor guy, always looks ready to bolt when his loveline is playing out and here, he seemed like looking to kjk for cues on what he should say. ysc either repeated things someone else said or said things that weren't here or there. i also wonder how this conversation would have gone had there been no guests. the guests don't know the cast relationships and hwan hee seemed genuinely curious about whether jsm had a BF.  i think the cast would try to keep their secrets when guests are there. in fact, chanmin loveline has been mostly played out in guest episodes than member only episodes.

curiously though, kjk didn't make any comments about the loveline after the bus segment. later when jsm was initiating the loveline, he didn't look eager to chip in. when kjk formed a team with ysc and jsm, not only did he not promote it, he lay down next to so min during the water mission when he could have let ysc do it for the loveline. while they celebrated too, he was the one  who got to hold her hand in celebration. yjs too didn't tease jsm with ysc during that mission.

i also noticed that when the other members were teasing kjk using his cheesy lines in funny ways, jsm was protesting that his tone wasn't like that. why was she getting so defensive and involved? both are so invested in other people's love stories. kjk and jsm were taking turns rightly guessing about the guest's relationship with her BF. the question jsm asked the comedian "how do you know he is the one?" i have heard kjk ask a couple of times before. on the RM team, these two are the romantics.

so, we have to just see this in the context of whatever happened on the show that day. if it is going to be an official loveline though, i think kjk will have to contribute more, so be ready for that. 

an interesting pattern that i have been noticing for the past 3 episodes is that kjk and jsm somehow end up on the same team at least for one round during the shoot. 

if kookmin are dating and if the tv and movie part is true, aren't they the cheesiest couple ever? i am cringing. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 8

Right~ the way he push KwangSoo and Jihyo to the edge was really weird. Somin made mistakes since the first game but he just said “maybe Sominnie” one time only. When they chose 1 member can eat in the last game, Jaesuk chose Somin, she also accepted. But JongKook was the who suddenly said “Then Jihyo eat with Jaesuk and HuynHee” and other went with the flow. NICE RESCUSE! 

that was a save! otherwise jsm would have had to eat with the other suspects and get caught.

well, our jsm helped kjk win his question for the quiz. she gave him the best possible clue with the age group but when that was pointed out, kjk laid the blame on poor haha's follow up comment. the cast knew it was jsm but they let it go. :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Grumple Lee said:

Ugh, I am so happy I wasn't the only one that suspected this. Kjk analyzes everyone but whenever someone suggested her he quickly diverted the topic. And at the end when it was time to choose who to take the penalty he says, I trust you Somina. Lol it reminds me of last episode when it was time to switch members from the other team. The logical thing would have been to choose between YJS, JSJ and Haha since they were the ones who claimed to have been stolen from and were suspects but he persuaded the group to choose between the guest and JSM knowing it will be JSM that would be picked since the guest was a team leader. His decision made no sense and no one even questioned it lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1