[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

@Lulu lolly I think, in Big Picture, he talked about Chae Rina. His ex from Turbo day. Noticed that JK said that he was a kid back then which it true since he was in early 20 when he was in Turbo. Lol, if this ex they talked in Big Picture was from RM, he won't refer himself as a kid. In 2010, he already 34 years old. Also, this is the only relationship (with CRN) that he revealed to the public (?). Which I think also the same person he talked in the car during Jeju ep, since Chae Rina married in 2016. (Or could be other lady). That is why YJS and Haha didn't react to it because it is an open news.

20211117-182350.jpg

This comment is from JK's long time fan. He/she also a regular/lurker here. To this person, sorry for not asking your permission first before screencapped your comment.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

@Lulu lolly I think, in Big Picture, he talked about Chae Rina. His ex from Turbo day. Noticed that JK said that he was a kid back then which it true since he was in early 20 when he was in Turbo. Lol, if this ex was from RM, he won't refer himself as a kid. In 2010, he already 35 years old. Also, this is the only relationship (with CRN) that he revealed to the public (?). Which I think also the same person he talked in the car during Jeju ep, since Chae Rina married in 2016. (Or could be other lady). That is why YJS and Haha didn't react to it because it is an open news.

20211117-182350.jpg

This comment is from JK's long time fan. He/she also a regular/lurker here. To this person, sorry for not asking your permission first before screencapped your comment.

Thank you !!! I did not know that. I know more about JSM than i know about KJK to be honest so very informative : ) However, when HH responded that 'it wasn't that long ago' it sounded like KJK started referring to a different relationship to that one? Or was he hinting to HH not to give it away because HH was saying "he was worried in the car...(before/during RM filming)"  before KJK cut him off talking about the relationship from a long time ago (which could be Chae Rina like you said, because I don't think she's ever guested on RM -- correct me if I'm wrong?)

So when they talk about KJK dating a guest - we still don't know who it is but you're saying the one who he said got married in the Jeju clip is Chae Rina. So there are two different references there, I see. 

I guess the main point I was trying to make is that JSM is not the guest they are referring to (when they asked have you ever dated a guest?), and that I believe KJK really really does like JSM in some way.

• Like 4

Welcome aboard, @hourlykm @Set the Goal 999! So glad to see lurkers becoming active and share thoughts about our ship. Keep posting! :) 

I also think they talked about CRN, but who knows really. I think overall, the reference pointed out by @hourlykmand @kyoko22is indeed interesting. We can only speculate and such but only time can really tell.

KookMin may or not may not be in a relationship YET, but I'll stand by what I said before that there's definitely attraction, chemistry and affection between them that I'm pretty sure they are aware about. I could tell the members may have noticed it as well that's why there was so much teasing before through YJS to @Lulu lolly's point. I rewatched some recent episodes and up to this day, I still have unanswered questions about Ep 567. And personally, I take that as subtle hints about the attraction between KookMin. :joy:

Exhibit A: YJS's team is losing because they kept on making mistakes. YJS clearly said he'll say something that KJK's team can't take as his way of attacking them. 

spacer.png

Exhibit B: This came out of nowhere and again, up to this day, I still don't understand why this is YJS's something-they-cant-take attack when YSC is obviously in the other team and is JSM's LL. If nothing is going on between KM, why would this be difficult for the other team, right? :) He prolly thinks this would startle KJK but as the man that he is, KJK is good at self-regulating especially when it's something private. 

spacer.png

Here's JSM's giddy reaction:

spacer.png

The question is have they acted or are they going to act on the attraction/chemistry we see? IDK. Again, only time could tell. I am enjoying and managing my personal delulu as much as I can. Im happy seeing your guys' posts here while we don't get so much interaction from them like before and I prefer it that way for now. :)

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, Lulu lolly said:

Thank you !!! I did not know that. I know more about JSM than i know about KJK to be honest so very informative : ) However, when HH responded that 'it wasn't that long ago' it sounded like KJK started referring to a different relationship to that one? Or was he hinting to HH not to give it away because HH was saying "he was worried in the car...(before/during RM filming)"  before KJK cut him off talking about the relationship from a long time ago (which could be Chae Rina like you said, because I don't think she's ever guested on RM -- correct me if I'm wrong?)

So when they talk about KJK dating a guest - we still don't know who it is but you're saying the one who he said got married in the Jeju clip is Chae Rina. So there are two different references there, I see. 

I guess the main point I was trying to make is that JSM is not the guest they are referring to (when they asked have you ever dated a guest?), and that I believe KJK really really does like JSM in some way.

Hi,

Alternative point of view. No right or wrong, just different.:glasses:

The dating a guest in Big Picture? For me is very vague and not much context to work with, so there are many possibilities.

The dating a guest in RM Blackpink episode? For me, my personal view is a RM guest. (or for shippers of the 2 RM ladies: guests-turned-emcees). Even though within KJK fans community, there are debates about whether this question covers all the variety shows YJS/KJK worked on; for me, i feel that since this is RM, YJS is focusing on RM only. So i think YJS meant KJK dated a guest of RM before.

Of course, i may be wrong, but just a different view. Chae Rina confirmed never appear on RM. The only KJK show she guested on was ICSYV, and any KJK fan will tell you that KJK was visibly uncomfortable that episode - it seems like he does not want to interact with her, but as an emcee dealing with a guest, you cannot be too 'nasty' to the guest....that kind of dilemma. (BTW, MUD is not counted, as she only appeared in LSM segments, never KJK segments).

As for the guest he mentioned in RM Jeju episode, for me, i will probably exclude Chae Rina. She betrayed their relationship, and as seen in ICSYV, he is uncomfortable with her so i doubt he will 'miss' her. My guess is the true love who was with him for 7 years but got away because he dragged too long? Not sure who that is.....though there were interesting guesses that got me intrigued when i read other fans' guesses.

Thanks. :relaxed:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, AB_fan said:

Hi,

Alternative point of view. No right or wrong, just different.:glasses:

The dating a guest in Big Picture? For me is very vague and not much context to work with, so there are many possibilities.

The dating a guest in RM Blackpink episode? For me, my personal view is a RM guest. (or for shippers of the 2 RM ladies: guests-turned-emcees). Even though within KJK fans community, there are debates about whether this question covers all the variety shows YJS/KJK worked on; for me, i feel that since this is RM, YJS is focusing on RM only. So i think YJS meant KJK dated a guest of RM before.

Of course, i may be wrong, but just a different view. Chae Rina confirmed never appear on RM. The only KJK show she guested on was ICSYV, and any KJK fan will tell you that KJK was visibly uncomfortable that episode - it seems like he does not want to interact with her, but as an emcee dealing with a guest, you cannot be too 'nasty' to the guest....that kind of dilemma. (BTW, MUD is not counted, as she only appeared in LSM segments, never KJK segments).

As for the guest he mentioned in RM Jeju episode, for me, i will probably exclude Chae Rina. She betrayed their relationship, and as seen in ICSYV, he is uncomfortable with her so i doubt he will 'miss' her. My guess is the true love who was with him for 7 years but got away because he dragged too long? Not sure who that is.....though there were interesting guesses that got me intrigued when i read other fans' guesses.

Thanks. :relaxed:

what episode's the jeju episode that you guys are talking about? i might have missed it. 

• Like 1

@kookminstanner123 It’s episode 389, shot in 2018.

Fellow shippers catching the 출연자 - chulyeonja term used during these games and with Somin, you are amazing. I am curious if Somin is referred to in this manner on other shows as well.

The theories on the guest Kook dated are intriguing but tbh, I can’t get over my annoyance of Bopil using the members’ private lives as show material. I’m glad Kook took it well during the games, given how private he is. My wish is for Kook (and the other current single members) to divulge their private lives on their own terms. So I hope shippers never find out who this guest is, unless Kook and the other party choose to reveal it.

Re: Somin’s reaction on RM 525 (Blackpink Special Episode) - One thing I’ve noticed is Somin sometimes blowing up her cheeks when she wants to hide her expression.

One of the pivotal Kookmin moments is when Somin decided to keep Kook’s secret and he did the opposite (RM 434). Secrets are a big thing to Kookmin. When they became Mafia together in a recent episode, they didn’t spill who the other person is thus winning the last game.

As much as I ship them, it’s possible that Somin is not the one Kook’s dating/dated but she might know something, thus choosing to hide her expression and help keep his secret. Kookmin are very close and Haha mentioned on MUD talking about Kook when the topic is love.

I believe Somin is dating. The same for Kook. Is it to each other? Maybe or maybe not. I’ll be happy if they are but if they’re not, I wish for their happiness still. I love both of them, separately or together.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

29 minutes ago, MandelBrot said:

KJK choose SJH (obviusly), but he is looking at jsm

Oh my gosh. Thank you so much @MandelBrot for this. I didn't realize when watching the episode live. Okay. Let me explain for those who have not watched this episode yet.

In this scene, the mentors (Jaesuk, Jongkook, Seokjin) had to choose a mentee (Somin, Sechan, Jihyo). Before they even started to choose, Somin mentioned how she didn't want to get paired up with Seokjin. Jaesuk chose his mentee first, he chose Sechan. Then it was Jongkook's turn. You can clearly see that Somin hides behind Haha and slightly points at Jihyo when its Jongkooks turn to choose. Its odd because she mentioned moments before that she did not want to get paired up with Seokjin. If Jongkook were to choose Jihyo then automatically Somin were to get paired up with Seokjin. Jongkook eventually choses Jihyo and Somin made an "upset" face when in fact she knew clearly that once Jaesuk chose Sechan that she would have to get paired up with Seokjin. 

Also I noticed that when they sat down to eat, after everyone chose their person, they left an open seat for Somin next to Jongkook. It could have been coincidence but still odd how they cut the meal segment short this time when they usually give it at least 5 minutes of screen time. 

It's the little things that a passive viewer doesn't notice. I will post a full ep review later.

I wanted to mention this epiphany I had when talking to a friend on social media on why Somin is not in the spin-off. Some of you might have already thought of this possibility but I just realized this theory. 

This is based on my thoughts of Kookmin being in a real relationship. 

It is known that couples in the entertainment industry are hardly ever considered to be in the same project especially in Korea (show, drama, movie, ect.). It was only mentioned in articles that Jaesuk denied the opportunity to be part of the cast of the spin-off (please correct me if I am wrong). However, it was never mentioned that Somin refused to be part of it. What if that wasn't mentioned because she never was offered a place in the spin-off? Some can argue that the PD decided to go with only original cast members to be part of the spin-off but, then why is Sechan part of it? Another argument could be that Somin was too busy to accept, but the spin-off started filming in May and Somin did not start to get truly busy until July. Also, Jongkook and Sechan are filled with projects now and Jihyo was also filming a drama while filming the spin-off. There are also many more theories on why she is not part of it but this one now seems much more reasonable to me because I doubt that Somin would refuse the opportunity to be on Disney+ for whatever reason. It's understandable that they would not include her if she was dating a cast member. 

These are just my thoughts, take them for what you think its worth.

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, kookminstanner123 said:

honestly guys, we gotta give big respect to mandelbrot for uploading the episode moments as fast as he does. What app do you use to get the gifs and screenshots? 

free software video editor: avidemux

online gif editor: ezgif

gif server: imgur

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Hi everyone! I have a question. How do y’all insert the GIFs in here? I’m having a hard time figuring it out and trying to put the link. Thank you so much in advance :))

(about to share an observation and GIF will make it more understanding) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yeona said:

Hi everyone! I have a question. How do y’all insert the GIFs in here? I’m having a hard time figuring it out and trying to put the link. Thank you so much in advance :))

I’ll answer based on what I know. :) I usually upload my images/gif in imgbb then  copy the image address. That link is what I paste after clicking on “Insert Image from URL” below. Not sure if I explained simply, but I hope it would somehow help. :) 

Thank you for all the GIFs as usual, @MandelBrot :)

Idk if it’s just me but the more they avoid having interactions on screen, the more obvious it shows that they’re intentionally doing it.  Lol. When the tutors were choosing their students, I agree with most of you saying that he glanced at JSM before choosing JH. I also heard her say “JiHyo Eonni” with all smiles, but then showed a “disappointed” face when she’s paired up with JSJ?? :vicx: :w00t:

Among all the members, only KM is suspiciously not interacting which I find weird knowing how close they all are in real life. They used to talk about their friendship behind the camera in the previous years’ episodes but all of a sudden they are aloof with each other. Something is obviously fishy. Keke :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, Yeona said:

Hi @Yeona, here's a useful guide on how to insert GIFs on Soompi Forums. If it still doesn't work, DM me and we can figure it out together :) 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

580 review

By the way, I am going to pull screen shots of my compilation video for this episode so I apologize in advanced for not having the time frames. 

580 kookmin moments video —

Spoiler

Irrelevant comment (bathhouse) —

Spoiler

Somin was discussing how she and Jihyo would be more intimate if they went to a bathhouse together (because she thought she went with Aiki). Jongkook made the comment "You're not a man. Why do you want to go to a bathhouse with her?" and I found that comment so odd that I had to research it to only confirm that women going to bathhouses is not uncommon. It's very common for both women and men of any age to go to bathhouses in Korea. I just don't understand why he would comment that if it shouldn't be his business if Somin goes to bathhouses with other friends that are women (especially if it's Jihyo whom she's known for years). 

spacer.png

Not a fan of lovelines —

Spoiler

When Jaesuk teased Chanmin loveline, everyone laughed or smiled (even Seokjin) except Jongkook. He stuck with his straight face focusing on Sechan as if he didn't hear anything. 

spacer.png

Can you guess who they're talking to? —

Spoiler

It's so funny to me how much this happens in every episode. They are talking to each other but you only see one of them and don't show the other person's reaction. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Awkwardness —

Spoiler

So there are two very awkward moments that I noticed during the first segment when they get too close to each other.

The first was the celebration when they won the second game. Everyone is celebrating but these two are the only ones that avoid contact. You can only see Jongkook smile at her (and maybe pat her shoulder/arm) and walk away. 

spacer.png

The second time was when they were getting ready to stand in line to listen to the PD's instructions for the next game. You can clearly notice how Jongkook is approaching where Somin is and has a realization that he is next to her and jitters for a quick second then tries to move away but then Somin ends up naturally moving away from him. I don't know exactly how to explain it but you can see it in the video.

spacer.png

Loving eyes —

Spoiler

There are some moments I caught these two looking at each other for a split second. I find it sweet. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

This one is my favorite because Jongkook wasn't even talking and the focus was on Jaesuk and Seokjin's banter.

spacer.png

Tutor picks —

Spoiler

As I mentioned in a previous post, Somin had said that she did not want Seokjin as a tutor before they started picking. After Jaesuk picked Sechan, it was Jongkooks turn to choose. Somin hid behind Haha and slightly pointed at Jihyo. I even heard her mention Jihyo's name. It was still a sweet moment because Jongkook keeps looking at Somin while its his turn to pick. (This just confirms, yet again, that the partners are planned.)

spacer.pngspacer.png

Joy he can't hide —

Spoiler

This is so cute to me because he almost always looks away when Somin is being or does something funny.

spacer.pngspacer.png

I love this one because Seokjin turns and looks at his reaction.

spacer.png

Seating during lunch —

Spoiler

I love that they left an open seat for Somin next to him. I truly think this was no coincidence and that they left it open on purpose. Because why would they make her sit next to him during lunch (leisure/break time) if they are not close like they're trying to make it seem on the show? Hmm, kind of contradictory. 

spacer.png

Not a fan of teasing? —

Spoiler

In this clip, Jongkook subtly teases Somin on her answer to one of the questions. She has a straight face. It isn't until Jaesuk pats her back that she smiles. 

I don't think she was upset at him or anything related to him in this episode. I noticed that she kept touching her ear earlier in the episode so it might have been hurting. Also, she looked kind of tired since she kept rubbing her eyes too throughout this segment. I just wanted to point this out and see if anyone you have any opinions on this. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Crumbs —

Spoiler

Skinship.

spacer.png

Little conversation. 

spacer.png

And my favorite: Somin calling Jongkook "sexy" while playing pingpong. 

spacer.png

Edited by minuses
Added more.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Wiggle 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

Hello again! 

I decided to make an instagram account and another one in twitter. You can follow this username: kmintarchives in both IG and TWT. Let's interact there! :star:

Specially, for active Filo <Filipino> KM shipper here in this forum. I-todo na po natin ang pag-layag sa Kookmin HAHA

TWT: https://mobile.twitter.com/kmintarkmintarchives

IG: https://www.instagram.com/kmintarchives/

Edited by hourlykm
  • Like 6

On 11/23/2021 at 1:16 AM, Yeona said:

Hi @Yeona!

if the guide that @Emily Bett doesnt work for you, I would also add that for GIFs, you need to specifically copy and paste the Direct Link to the gif not just the link of the gif. 

let us know if you need any help :)

• Like 4

What today (28th Nov 2021) tells you.

20211128-180035.jpg

RM members went to group dinner after filming for ep 580 finish. And they snapped this photo

Theory: RM members went to visit Somin's filming site - DEBUNKED.

Note: JK liked this photo.

20211128-175854.jpg

New teaser for MUD released today. JK, Tak Jae Hoon, Lee Sang Min and Kim Junho went to hike Hallasan during snow storm (?).

Theory: JK maybe went hiking together with Somin - DEBUNKED.

20211128-182845.jpg

The real sender for this coffee truck still remain mystery. Today's RM ep, the members talked about the group photo, they talked about JH's hair, yet nobody talk about this coffee truck. I'm going to wait until next week. If they still not talking about it, I'm going to assume it was him who sent it. Hihi.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 4
  • Blob 1