[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

12 minutes ago, AmbrellaKookie said:

Is this about RM 420 (100 in a Day Race) where Kookmin et al. are in Sechan’s house? That’s a skit.

What surprised me is Kook going along with it readily. It caught my attention too because they didn’t seem close on the show and then all of a sudden, Kookmin is doing a marriage skit out of the blue, lol. I didn’t ship them then.

I do wonder if that skit would’ve happened if Jaesuk was around. Probably not.

I believe that marriage skit is a fluke for us Kookmin shippers. Kookmin, on their own, did a marriage skit. Not egged on or teased by others throughout the whole thing. Haha, Sechan, and Jihyo even rolled with the improv family story after.

No. I don't remember what episode but Somin did talk about it - thinking of herself as JK's wife.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@anthonio07012 Noted. I can’t recall where Somin has stated thinking of herself as Kook’s wife, on Running Man or elsewhere. That’s significant, especially for us Kookmin shippers. Please share here if you do remember. I’d like to rewatch the episode too.

Maybe other Kookmin shippers know, my shipper memory is crappy, lol.

• Like 3

Topic: "We don't want to see her happy"

EP 564

RM-564.png

"We don't want to see her happy. Andwae!" He, YJS and YSC totally against her to be Chae Jong Hyeop opponent. 

Spoiler

EP 513

EP-513.jpg

"Aren't you going to work?" All due to Somin was shy and flustered because Kim Dong Joon said he also interested to know her. 

EP 526

EP-526.jpg

In this scene, JK teased her with Lee Je Hoon. When LJH responded and Somin got shy, he shouted "Yaish!!!" at her. This oppa... He was the one who teased her. When she reacted, he scolded her... 

EP 529

RM-529.png

Hoshi and Minggyu (SVT) chose  YSC to be in their team and Somin (who the boys already chose before) not fond with that idea. Then JK said to YSC, "You don't want her being happy on their team, do you?". And the switch for YSC the Somin's Love Destroyer turned on. In other word, he told YSC to disturb Somin from being happy with the SVT boys.

EP 533

ep-533-2.jpg

JK scolded her because she answered wrong when he himself also wrong. Somin felt wrong and gave him silent treatment (good job Somin!). I'm pretty confident his outburst just because Somin said Kim Dong Joon is cute before that. 

EP 546

EP-546.jpg

Somin just greeted Kim Dong Joon but YJS commented as if Somin was so excited to meet KDJ. Yes, this is the power of YJS as the main MC. His comments can twist the truth and the make up story. While Somin explained herself, JK went "You wear an old lady's jacket today." Petty right? Because YJS made her seems excited about KDJ, he gave petty comment about her jacket. 

RM 558

RM-558.png

"Hajima... Hajima!" said JK to either YSC or Somin. Chanmin got into unexpected situation when YSC skipped and landed very close behind Somin. Somin went into shy mode. Han Namja wasn't very happy because of either Somin's reaction or the situation. 

Technically, Somin is single. What right does JK have for him to feel upset, mad or try to stop Somin from having fun time with the handsome male guests? None because he is just her male colleague. Yet he still act as if he is entitled. And Somin let him. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, anthonio07012 said:

No. I don't remember what episode but Somin did talk about it - thinking of herself as JK's wife.

It was ep 425. The members had to unanimously pick the most good looking member and Somin was contemplating between Haha and Jongkook and randomly said that it'd be hard to be JK's wife.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@chandelier Thanks.

Even now that I’m shipping Kookmin, I took Somin’s statement (It’d be hard to be (Kook’s) wife) to be general, as in “It would be hard for anyone to be his wife.”, not referring to herself specifically.

Somin’s monologue is also a nice throwback to RM 346 (Global Race). The members were asked, “If the Earth is destroyed, I’d date fellow members.” While answering that question, Jaesuk linked it to looks, teasing Sechan as the ugliest, lol. Somin’s monologue in RM 425 is the reverse, linking looks back to marriage (more serious than dating, but still a romantic relationship) and using the same apocalypse scenario. 

Thinking about it now, it’s interesting that Somin has associated Kook with marriage a few episodes apart, but then again, everyone and their moms associate Kook with marriage, what with everyone rooting for him to get married. Even Somin’s skit with him on a prior episode (RM 420) is about married life.

Was Kook more open about marriage during this period or just recently? I’m not sure if he was but it would be interesting to note this.

Kook actively participating on a marriage skit, that Kookmin is that close and comfortable to each other to do so readily and doing the improv skit well, gives me more Kookmin feels than the skit itself now that I’m shipping them. The skit is great too with Kook’s cheesy “Don’t get sick, it’s a mission.” and Somin teasing him about his thrifty tissue habit. They’re so cute together.

I don’t have shippy feels about that “it’d be hard to be Kook’s wife” statement even now, but more on Somin not choosing him and Kook getting on his feels about it. Like, why the strong reaction — even saying she’ll never choose him, is he being petty, lol. Seokjin and Kwangsoo didn’t choose him too but it’s Somin’s choice he focuses on. Kwangsoo’s reaction to it all made me laugh.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

"Aren't you going to work?" All due to Somin was shy and flustered because Kim Dong Joon said he also interested to know her. 

I also think his reaction and statement here was because he caught himself talking about how much she liked the drama Be Melodramatic. Everyone around them was suprised to hear that so it wasn't something she shared with the rest of the members, they even did a suprise turn to her so he quickly panicked and covered it up with "Why are you not saying that, Aren't you going to work?" Lol

• Like 6

On 8/23/2021 at 7:10 PM, RumbleMinKook said:

This isn’t what happened though. Wookmin (Somin’s brother) was attacked by Vietnamese Jihyo fans that had been launching a hate campaign against her since 2017. It had nothing to do with Kookmin. Somin didn’t go on hiatus because of hate or depression either. She was suffering from extreme fatigue and was in hospital for a month. Which was when Wookmin exposed the harassment he received via DM. 

But I agree lovelines aren’t really a big deal and they’re all old enough to say if they’re uncomfortable and want to stop it completely. IMO YJS didn’t try to push a love line his comments about Kookmin were him becoming more aware of how much closer they got in such a short time lol. Because if they were dating back then he never would’ve said anything. Like with Spartace and Chanmin he’s more free to make jokes about them because both ships aren’t real. 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that she is also in bad condition due to extreme fugitive. I read one of the Korean bloggers who cover RM news (not the Soompi website) reports that Somin takes 2-month hiatus to deal with her physical condition and changing her agency. The bloggers also mentioned that her previous agency didn't try hard to market her / looking for a new job.

If I'm not mistaken, last two weeks, there still toxic fans asked Wookmin to tell Somin to get out from the RM show.

After Somin return, I'm aware that Somin slowly dropped her love frog and playgirl character. What we saw right now is the "Jeon So Min" in real life, not the Somin that we know since 2017. We still can watch that wild and free Somin is when she was in Sixth Sense. 

Update: to extend the Sixth Sense episode from 12 episodes to 14 episodes. The reason, why the show producer extend Sixth Sense, is because the rating begin to increase and viewers demand more. Congratulations to Somin and team Sixth Sense. 

• Like 5

@kyoko22 As early as Episode 420, “he doesn’t want to see her happy”. Somin joked that she would go on a date with Jinyoung until she got her nametag removed. Kook replied that he’ll remove her nametag right away.

Spoiler

spacer.png

By next year (2019), RM made Kookmin’s carefree banter true, lol. Somin’s birthday special (Episode 446) is a race to remove Somin’s name tag while she’s going on dates. Kook’s reaction:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Kookmin delulu time:

“Are we setting up Somin with other guys?”

Is Somin single or is there someone (one man) present so that setting up Somin with other guys is a no-go?

I wish I understood Korean, maybe the nuance is different, but the word other in Kook’s statement caught my eye.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AmbrellaKookie said:

As early as Episode 420, “he doesn’t want to see her happy”. Somin joked that she would go on a date with Jinyoung until she got her nametag removed. Kook replied that he’ll remove her nametag right away.

That scene is very interesting but I didn't include it in my list. I just put the scenes which I think after their relationship changed from oppa-dongsaeng to ssom (since around February 2020).

That scene in ep 420, I believe JK just being playful, not because he really doesn't want Somin to have fun with other handsome male guests.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kyoko22 said:

That scene in ep 420, I believe JK just being playful, not because he really doesn't want Somin to have fun with other handsome male guests.

Yeah, I agree. It was carefree and playful banter for Kookmin. I believe Jaesuk would’ve said the same as Kook if he was there instead.

I mentioned Episode 420 as a precursor to Episode 446, with Kook’s reaction to the reality of Somin dating and being set up with other guys by the Running Man staff. During the race briefing, other members mostly reacted negatively at the idea of paying for Somin’s dates as penalty but Kook mentioning “other guys” is interesting.

As much as I ship them, I also think that Kookmin’s relationship shifted in 2020 but I would put it as happening on the later part of the year. RM 521 (Selective Survival Race) and RM 522 (Trade King Race) are key episodes for me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

That scene is very interesting but I didn't include it in my list. I just put the scenes which I think after their relationship changed from oppa-dongsaeng to ssom (since around February 2020).

In that scene in ep 420, I believe JK is just being playful, not because he doesn't want Somin to have fun with other handsome male guests.

From what I've seen in these two years (2020-2021), JK seems to be OK with Somin having some fun with male guests. For me, that's how I know how close these two love birds are in real life. JK knows that whatever Somin did in RM is only business and professional. To make sure that his jealousy won't affect their character performance, JK needs to play along. Criticize Somin too much when she works with a male guest actually giving a bad impression on Somin too.

I think that both of them understand each other and already talk about understanding the difference between professional and personal. If Kook-Min / JK & Soppe dating in real life, if they want to act naturally during the filming, both of them need to understand the situation, if one of them pair with the guest, or if one of them had to do a loveline with JH and Se-Chan.

Just like YJS said, the only way for Kook-Min to end their loveline is to announce their marriage publicly or at least confirming that they are dating. It doesn't matter who will they end up with, but that's the only way to end the loveline. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Latest episode, i don't know why but seriously I feel weird even the subtitle shows the word 'mom' but I can feel as if something is suspicious about that..did anyone notice,in the last game after young ji attacked kjk with the word 'middle aged',later kjk answered it and after that it was his turn to attack the opposing team with the word ‘MOM’ (based on the subtitles displayed) but what is strange why when he mentioned that word,1st of all.. please pay attention to the shocked + panicked reaction from YSC, who sat next to KJK and then also saw the reaction from young ji,JSJ,YJS automatically looked towards JSM..and JSM obviously looked a bit shocked and panicked, but luckily young ji became the 'savior of the situation' by willingly answering it,after she saw JSM panicked and then made them all laugh out laughing.. and interestingly we can hear PD bopil laughing too.. do not forget to focus and pay attention to the reaction from HAHA as well ..

Edited by El Cavalera
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 5

Thats what I'm saying. I don't know if it's just the weird editing of that game but kjk seemed like he wanted to target somin a few times. He enjoys teasing her these days that's for sure. Hence the volleyball segment.

For me I found it weird that young ji uses 'jeon somin' as an attack as if YSC is not the only that can defend. The way she said it, it looked like she looked straight at KJK but can't tell from the camera angle. Everyone knows YSC is more willing to defend attacks about somin in this game so why bother using somin's name? Unless they editted out some parts that could make it make sense.

• Like 4

@El Cavalera His attack word was 애엄마 (ae omma). Literally means, child's mother. When I read your post, I genuinely think it was nothing, just JK randomly attacked the other team with difficult word. After all, which among the 3 (Somin, JH and LYJ) is a mother. Then I remember something. Somin was a mother in Heesoo drama. She uploaded the 'family' photo with the little girl on 6th August. They filmed that ep on 9th August. On the day they filmed the ep, Somin's character as a mother with young child still fresh topic for them. So, I believe that attack was really for Somin. 

• Like 5
  • Shocked 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 3

Hi guys! I’m sorry for the inconvenience but do any one of you in here know where to get the running man fan meeting tickets here in US though online? Thank you so much and pls don’t hate me:))

Edited by Yeona

@Yeona Here’s the link for Running Man online fanmeeting ticketing and merch pages:

https://linktr.ee/npcnckr

NP C&C (https://instagram.com/npcnc_official) at Instagram seems to be the online hub.

Hope this helps in buying RM fanmeeting ticket(s).

To keep this on-topic, I am so looking forward to seeing Kookmin (and the Running Man family) in the upcoming episode! It looks scary, I wish them luck in the horror special.

• Like 1

@알콩달콩 Do you understand what he said in the bus, when he suddenly got mad with YSC? During the Admit game, Somin asked YSC if he really loves her and YSC admitted (This is just game for those who wonder).

Edit: What JK said was nothing important but the fact that he suddenly scolded YSC...

• Like 2