[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

It took me more than a year and half to create an account here in this thread, I was a silent kookmin shipper even before the pandemic started last year. Thanks to kookminclan running man yt channel I got curious of their chemistry. I am a RM fan and was a monday-couple fan also but when Gary left, life also happened and I stopped watching the show. When I decided to catch up again, I saw a lot of SA shippers already. I tried to digest this new loveline but somehow I gravitated towards the seemingly-platonic-but-has-a-potential-to-progress-to-something-romantic kookmin pairing. I also tried checking out kwangmin but I was waaay late with this loveline so I tried searching for crumbs leading to kookmin instead. Aside from getting directed to a ton of BTS’ jungkook and jimin wattpadds and whatnots (kkk I became an ARMY too eventually but I can’t for the love of my life ship these brothers with each other. Anywayyyy...) I crossed upon Kookminclan Running Man’s yt channel and the video “Why Opposites Attract?” and like what they always say, the rest is history. :lol:

Because I already finished KmcRM’s videos back then and the suspense of intervals of his/her uploading is killing me, I decided to search for threads, more videos, and gifs/clips but it was a bit rare at that time (I remembered following aprilcouples on ig under my real account kkk) and then I stumbled upon this thread and boy I bookmarked this immediately and knew there was no turning back already. :heart:

Just like the rest of us, I saw the transition and enjoyed the growth of this thread. Reading weekly posts and detailed observations from KmcRM, MandelBrot, MinahNoona, Rahayu Muktiayu and Kyoko22, to name a few, I really can vouch for the authenticity of JK and SM’s relationship. If it’s romantic, we’ll never know. But if it’s platonic? I’m 100% sure it is not. Not that I became a delulu but my gut feel towards stuff and people usually tends to get true or be true. Remember how I gravitated towards their pair even if they are not officially presented as a loveline?

This is my observation (you may take it with a grain salt) with all that have happened already in the past, I believe they are mutually attracted to each other already. Dating? Maybe, maybe not. But I think they’re on the stage where they are now discovering each other deeply and might be giving off clues (aka low key flirting - by that I meant the cute flirting way :wink:) that they like each other. These are evident on their sns updates and the lesser kookmin interactions we get on the show, the more I believe it is intentional that they’re not pairing on screen because of their real life status. Now that status may or may not be the usual Korean celebrity “Dating” status but there’s one thing I’m sure of, JK is now (I say “now” because early on, he didn’t seem to get SM’s personality but we all know she grew on him as time went by) interested on her - hobbies, quirks, artistry, and tendencies.

I agree a lot with some of the main contributors here that JK is a bit more transparent with his reactions than SM. It shows when he’s uncomfortable with SM’s lovefrog mode with guests or sometimes even with SC and SM’s loveline. He also can’t hide being intentional with his skinship with her. [Apologies for comparing it with his skinship with JH, but if you’ve been a long time RM fan you can really see he treats JH as his dongsaeng (and more of a 남동생 like KS and HH honestly, not to mention the times they stated on interviews that they treat each other as family and don’t see themselves being involved with each other romantically).]

Back with SM, even though she’s more difficult to read and predict given her background as an actress, I think that’s what also makes her interesting to JK, there’s this sense of mystery even if she has this outgoing, spontaneous, and puppy personality. :blush:

Well this post’s running long now and I have no gifs nor photos to attach so you might get bored with it now. :sweat_smile: I just want to share that I really appreciate this thread (kudos to our fellow non-toxic and respectful kookmin shippers!) and that I really believe they are both in a stage past beyond the platonic-phase so yeah, expect less screentime on RM show but more on sns interactions. Take heart and if they push through beyond this stage (like what SM had said previously about marriage being a reality), maybe next year or in 2023 we’ll have the reality of them getting into a relationship. But if not, I will still continue to cheer them on in their respective careers and lives! ❤️

Ps. I honestly signed up because I also have a gut feeling that this thread will grow more in the coming days but I hope I’m wrong this time. And I wish this community will stay this way more for a longer time - small but has respectful members, compact but has a lot of good content, and members actively rooting for kookmin but also loving and supporting JK and SM as individuals. (I also wish to learn how to make gifs as high-def as my idol @MandelBrot makes! Kkk)

• Like 7
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

55 minutes ago, ashima mahajan said:

@yunji_min02 Woww you did lots of research and you are so right. I also noticed that in starting of many episodes jk really didn't liked somin. She was not his style. I saw the change after the episode when she went to her concert and bang their chemistry take off from there ownwards. From that day kookmin never looked back. Kookmin chemistry was on peak when ji changwook came that episode was like bliss for kookmin shippers. Recently I noticed that they don't interact with each other on screen and I think thats also because their off screen interaction must be great. I also don't want to take jihyo name but remember episode where jk sang just the way you are for somin jh get jealous it was jk real feelings for somin which jihyo sensed and got jealous. I don't know but I feel they are dating in real life that's why they are avoiding each other on screen. Nevertheless don't forget when jongkook said I will make you warm an I will take care of somin. Somin charm is something which jk can't get away from. 

Hi! Yes I watched that episode too but if you saw JH being “jealous” it might have been like that because of her supposed character under the PD’s direction or editing. I didn’t see this reaction though when I watched it. Hehe. Maybe I’m also not an expert on details so I might have missed it. I just learned over time how to see the small and seemingly unnoticed reactions between the casts (specially kookmin) from the main contributors here. :lol: Or maybe I was more interested watching the other casts too.^_^ Also, we must remember that RM is a variety show, whatever gestures (specially the big reactions) they show us, we should remind ourselves that it has been curated, edited and modified to suit the taste of a certain type of audience per scene or per game. Hence, Kwangsoo being portrayed as the unlucky or betrayer, SC as kkang-kkang or loudmouth guy, SM as lovefrog, JK as a bully gangster, and so on. ;) They are all playing their Running Man “characters” without scripts but with timely exchanges of reactions based on their rapport with each other and their episode’s concept.

Anyway, I have already watched the latest episode and cried on the last 10 minutes of the LP Bar part. :tears: KS will surely be missed! It felt surreal seeing him with his “last” episode. Ah and yes, kookmin crumbs only for this week’s ep (and it may seem like Bopil PD will be true to what he said last time about focusing on “building chemistry” between the existing members. I think the cast specially YJS also have a big say on these pairings or building chemistry so expect more of MongDol, SpartAce, SM-SC/Business Couple, MapoguSiblings, Sparta and his Butlers, etc to be shown moving forward). I’ve resolved to myself I can settle for this if they will decide to edit out kookmin’s small demeanours that give away their real status as long as the two keeps it active on their sns. B) (Yes, I have no gifs and photos again with this post, sorry :tears:)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 1

37 minutes ago, yunji_min02 said:

(Yes, I have no gifs and photos again with this post, sorry :tears:)

Don't worry about that! You're already contributing greatly to the thread and discussion with your observations - which I have enjoyed reading ^^. 

Welcome to the thread!

I really wish we could see Kookmin in-person interactions together outside of RM (it has only been 1 or 2 phone calls on MUD). I kinda feel like their Instagram interactions have toned down since last year - when they were directly responding to each other's posts, referencing each other or even posting a picture with the other in it. I think maybe they're on the down low and being more careful with interactions so they don't make it obvious now. 

So to me - last year felt like the giddiness of early love, where they just can't help themselves in their interactions and showing their attraction, while this year they've settled something between them maybe and are now more steady and careful? 

I hope the good news if any comes sooner rather than later lol ^^

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

Everything before the 10th anniversary event (around that), is non-shipable i think. I know a lot of people like to ship that part especially the Tofu part, but it's clearly only siblings there. 

After the 10th Anniversary, i think that's when a lot of people started to notice how close they got and that's when the ship really started (for me at least). What is confirming the ship, for me, it's not really about the on screen moments (tho sometimes they are telling), but it's the weird off screen moments where they are in their bubble alone. 

Like for the last episode, it's so weird for them to be chilling alone just when the camera were off because it's simply out of character. Isn't she supposed "to be closer" to Se Chan (business couple) ? And it's not the first time we've seen them alone when the camera was "off" and they were out of focus. 

Also, why isn't everyone talking about when Kwangsoo got her a Champagne bottle, KJK screamed "She loves that" (or something like that) ? 

Anyway, i genuinely think they are past the whole dating phase lol. I think they are mostly trying to figure stuff out and taking their time with that.  

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 4
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, HydenG said:

Everything before the 10th anniversary event (around that), is non-shipable i think. I know a lot of people like to ship that part especially the Tofu part, but it's clearly only siblings there. 

After the 10th Anniversary, i think that's when a lot of people started to notice how close they got and that's when the ship really started (for me at least). What is confirming the ship, for me, it's not really about the on screen moments (tho sometimes they are telling), but it's the weird off screen moments where they are in their bubble alone. 

Like for the last episode, it's so weird for them to be chilling alone just when the camera were off because it's simply out of character. Isn't she supposed "to be closer" to Se Chan (business couple) ? And it's not the first time we've seen them alone when the camera was "off" and they were out of focus. 

Also, why isn't everyone talking about when Kwangsoo got her a Champagne bottle, KJK screamed "She loves that" (or something like that) ? 

Anyway, i genuinely think they are past the whole dating phase lol. I think they are mostly trying to figure stuff out and taking their time with that.  

Woah! I missed that Champagne remark. I’ll check it again! Kkk :lol: See, this is what I like about this thread even when I was a silent shipper/reader back then, the details I missed on watching, I get to read it here then check the scenes out again. Thanks @HydenG^_^

@minahnoona yes I agree with you, early last year seemed to be their peak of sns interaction (for a sec I thought it was late 2019 :sweatingbullets:) and I also agree with HydenG that their closeness seemed to give off that siblings-vibe at the start. We have seen the progress of this closeness though all throughout their previous episodes. I think SM really tried her best to reach out to JK at the start and it kinda shifted to JK reaching out to her when she took a break last year. The “I should take care of her” was an understatement. I really think he took time and spent it with her (or maybe with the maknae line) and just hang out with her outside their shoots. His side remarks (like the Champagne one :D) give it away.

I also remembered the time when I started to get drawn to kookmin’s energy, I have already been watching and re-watching some of the previous episodes by then, and I was thinking wait, “Is it just me or is there really some unexplainable, un-platonic, tension  (spark?) between these two?” even if the production’s editing and fellow casts’ banters make it come off as dongsaeng-oppa vibes at that time. And then I remembered watching JK’s reading from one of their old annual fortune/zodiac forecasts about his future partner in life, gahd the goosebumps I got when I realized SM naturally fits the description. :lol:excited bbc GIF by A Badge of Friendship

Edited by yunji_min02
  • Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

For some reason, with Kwangsoo retired from the show, I hope RM Producers will let Kook-Min lead the show. Of course Kook-Min need extra helps from Jae Suk to lead the "loveline", but we all know that Kook-Min react naturally when it comes to chemistry.

No doubt there will be a siblings-rivalry between Jae Suk and So Min, but the focus needs to be Kook-Min as the heart of the show. Let So Min play more with Joong Kook by bringing back her "unpredictable act" character, as Jae Suk, Suk Jin and Haha also play big part by keep teasing them as a couple. Who knows, Kook-Min becomes reality?  

• Confused 3
  • LOL 2

On 6/17/2021 at 1:06 AM, anthonio07012 said:

For some reason, with Kwangsoo retired from the show, I hope RM Producers will let Kook-Min lead the show. Of course Kook-Min need extra helps from Jae Suk to lead the "loveline", but we all know that Kook-Min react naturally when it comes to chemistry.

No doubt there will be a siblings-rivalry between Jae Suk and So Min, but the focus needs to be Kook-Min as the heart of the show. Let So Min play more with Joong Kook by bringing back her "unpredictable act" character, as Jae Suk, Suk Jin and Haha also play big part by keep teasing them as a couple. Who knows, Kook-Min becomes reality?  

I personally don't want kookmin to be the center of attraction in the show, worst, to be the lead of the show. I want them to be natural. I don't want the both of them to receive hate. I also want them to have freedom to act however they want.  Also, I don't want running man to focus on love lines. I don't know if you are serious about this and you are not asking for my opinion but since this is a forum, I guess I'm allowed to do so? So with all due respect, I disagree with this :)

• Like 11

1 hour ago, 9012 said:

I want them to be natural. I don't want the both of them to receive hate. I also want them to have freedom to act however they want.  Also, I don't want running man to focus on love lines. I don't know if you are serious about this and you are not asking for my opinion but since this is a forum, I guess I'm allowed to do so? So with all due respect, I disagree with this :)

I agree with you, i want to be natural like this, no loveline, and the end Yoo Jae Seok say about marriage announcement is a real 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rahayu Muktiayu said:

I agree with you, i want to be natural like this, no loveline, and the end Yoo Jae Seok say about marriage announcement is a real 

LOL. Sorry for the misunderstanding of my thread.

One of the reasons I said; it's time RM makes Kook-Min is the heart of the show is because of their chemistry. So-Min can't play much with YJS, Seok-Jin and Haha due to their status as a husband and elders. She still can play with KJK because he still single and still in his 40s.

No one dared to challenge or betray KJK, other than So-Min. She's not SJH, who equal to KJK when it comes to temper, but her cuteness and unpredictable act are the reason she's equal and fits KJK's tiger personality.

We all aware that Kook-Min is the heart of the show in RM, ever since So-Min joined the family in mid-2017, and become the center point of the show that begins in 2018 - that's why So-Min win the excellent award for her performance. 

Plus, it's a normal thing in the variety show, to tease a member with another member who still single and has no official partner. Loveline is always part of the show, sometimes just for fun, and sometimes it's a real thing. Depends on the person. 

I'm not worried about international fans. I'm more concerned with S. Korean fans and as far as I know, S. Koreans loves Kook-Min's chemistry and just like Haha said; watching Kook-Min is the same as watching K-Drama because of So-Min unpredictable character that sometimes change KJK's character as well. 

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, anthonio07012 said:

I'm not worried about international fans. I'm more concerned with S. Korean fans and as far as I know, S. Koreans loves Kook-Min's chemistry and just like Haha said; watching Kook-Min is the same as watching K-Drama because of So-Min unpredictable character that sometimes change KJK's character as well. 

I dont agree, let natural like this, it because Jongkook want take care her from the haters, that why he agree for loveline with JH, remember Wookmin get attack from the haters too, all family, Yoo Jae Seok, Jung Chulmin, Haha, everything about Kim Jongkook , let it be. In real life Somin and Jongkook close naturally, you can see in Sukjin instagram how close they are. With no loveline, they can hangout together, eat together in cafe, colab together in his youtube (i hope), to be MC together in other show (Example APAN), and many more activities 

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Rahayu Muktiayu said:

I dont agree, let natural like this, it because Jongkook want take care her from the haters, that why he agree for loveline with JH, remember Wookmin get attack from the haters too, all family, Yoo Jae Seok, Jung Chulmin, Haha, everything about Kim Jongkook , let it be. In real life Somin and Jongkook close naturally, you can see in Sukjin instagram how close they are

One of the reason why I said; I'm more concerned with S. Korean fans is because their views rating is more important than the international fans. Also, thanks to the international fans, who hate So-Min for no reason, Korean hates them more than us. If you aware, Ji Hyo and KJK's fans (Koreans) hate SpartaAce fan club because they know these toxic group attack So-Min by using Ji Hyo and KJK's name, and of course, i know where they came from because you can track their social media account's IP. 

I have many Korean friends who love RM and they loves to watch Kook-Min's interaction because of their chemistry. So, don't worry about the international fans. The more they attacks So-Min, KJK and the team will protect her.

Again, don't misjudge my quote. I wish Kook-Min become of the heart and center of the show just like they did in 2019/2020, because their chemistry. Remember, it's So-Min and KJK who create their own "Kook-Min Sibling" when So-Min "cutely force" KJK to do the hand-cross signature in 2018

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, anthonio07012 said:

"Kook-Min Sibling" when So-Min "cutely force" KJK to do the hand-cross signature in 2018

For me naturally is the best. Remember in bodylanguange, Jongkook oppa seriously with her, in single concerts, he meets her mother. And maybe his mother meets her mother too, so for me natural like this is better than pushing to loveline, i know korean fans love them, but how about Jongkook and Somin?. Remember for Married they are seriously in (eps 487)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, anthonio07012 said:

One of the reason why I said; I'm more concerned with S. Korean fans is because their views rating is more important than the international fans. Also, thanks to the international fans, who hate So-Min for no reason, Korean hates them more than us. If you aware, Ji Hyo and KJK's fans (Koreans) hate SpartaAce fan club because they know these toxic group attack So-Min by using Ji Hyo and KJK's name, and of course, i know where they came from because you can track their social media account's IP. 

I have many Korean friends who love RM and they loves to watch Kook-Min's interaction because of their chemistry. So, don't worry about the international fans. The more they attacks So-Min, KJK and the team will protect her.

Again, don't misjudge my quote. I wish Kook-Min become of the heart and center of the show just like they did in 2019/2020, because their chemistry. Remember, it's So-Min and KJK who create their own "Kook-Min Sibling" when So-Min "cutely force" KJK to do the hand-cross signature in 2018

7012... that number speak alot.

Btw,

Kookmin better remain like usual. If they were to be center of rm, imagine how worst hatred somin will get.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Rahayu Muktiayu said:

For me naturally is the best. Remember in bodylanguange, Jongkook oppa seriously with her, in single concerts, he meets her mother. And maybe his mother meets her mother too, so for me natural like this is better than pushing to loveline, i know korean fans love them, but how about Jongkook and Somin?. Remember for Married they are seriously in (eps 487)

With all love-line that SBS and RM ever created, only Kook-Min is the realistic and real. RM would never push Kook-Min as the show couple like they did with Monday Couple, Kwang-Min and Min-Chan. Like I said; Kook-Min started in 2018, where KJK still upset about So-Min's Christmas Story vote, and So-Min tried hard to win his trust.

Even though Jae-Suk, Seok-Jin and Haha tried to bring out their "love-line", these two knows how to cover up, especially Joong Kook. Remember when Jae-Suk "pretending" to warn Min-Chan; no romance while filming, but he's the one, including Suk-Jin, always trying to tease Kook-Min during filmming?

I'm aware that Suk-Jin has change his persona; from "Lousy Guy" to "Somin's Father Figure" after So-Min hiatus from the show due to her health problems. Everyone is protecting the real Kook-Min's status, so they can be themselves on set. 

35 minutes ago, xi sophie said:

7012... that number speak alot.

Btw,

Kookmin better remain like usual. If they were to be center of rm, imagine how worst hatred somin will get.

Let's see how it goes after Kwangsoo departure. With Kwangsoo's departure, Episode 600 is considered as New Season for the remaining members, but sure, Kook-Min remain as usual, just it depends on them now either to slowly reveal it or low key at the backgrounds. 

Edited by anthonio07012
Adding text
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, anthonio07012 said:

Everyone is protecting the real Kook-Min's status, so they can be themselves on set. 

So how about Jongkook and Somin? Remember they are seriously?. I dont want they are center or loveline in one variety show. Remember in real life Somin and Jongkook is very close, Jongkook never say she is sister or one family in RM, Jongkook see Somin just like Jongkook and Kwangsoo, but different is, Jongkook can Married with Somin. I dont want they are center in RM, beside i dont want Jongkook and Somin family get attack from haters 

@xi sophie i agree with you, just natural 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 9012 said:

I personally don't want kookmin to be the center of attraction in the show, worst, to be the lead of the show. I want them to be natural. I don't want the both of them to receive hate. I also want them to have freedom to act however they want.  Also, I don't want running man to focus on love lines. I don't know if you are serious about this and you are not asking for my opinion but since this is a forum, I guess I'm allowed to do so? So with all due respect, I disagree with this :)

I agree with @9012, I personally don’t think Kookmin should be the main highlight of the show, and as an official loveline at that. This is not Kookmin the Variety Show but Running Man Family that has Kookmin on it.

As fans of Jong Kook and Somin, we know that they are private about their current personal (romantic) relationships.

Personally, I do not believe Kookmin will milk their thriving relationship (whether romantic or not) to become a loveline. We’ve seen them deviate from the characters they play (JK betrayed, Somin didn’t) on Episode 434 to protect and cherish their growing closeness. And even if they do interact intensely onscreen in the foreground, other members are there to intervene (remember Kookmin’s heated bickering on the Credit Card Race - YJS squeezed JK’s shoulders to shift the conversation).

I personally do not believe Kookmin is an official loveline at the heart of the show ever. They actually spent time alone together to eat waffles and steak on the Father episode, no one commented. They did a couple dance, no one initiated the teasing during the fanmeet or afterwards. Sopee was shy, that led to Haha asking if she likes Jong Kook. That should have been the start of teasing from other members, they didn’t.

On Running Man, JK has been asked if Somin is his girlfriend, he answers evasively.

It is mainly JK who shares how he is really close to Somin on Running Man and even on My Ugly Duckling, not the other way around. If they were a loveline, Kookmin should’ve been teased or harped on their closeness but the conversation moves on.

If you’ve noticed, JK is the one being teased for Kookmin interactions that are happening outside Running Man, to which JK has either responsed positively or neutrally (never denying).  This has happened during the Running Man opening scene, where the members talk about their lives outside the show. Would sharing their closeness, with mostly JK responding, be part of being a loveline within Running Man? Does JK actively participate in lovelines this way? For me, no.

This is the same pattern on MUD - Haha answering for Jong Kook that Kookmin is really close when Jongmin is suspicious about them. Can that closeness be considered as Kookmin being a Running Man “heart of the show” loveline? Again, no.

For Somin, it has only happened once that she is asked about JK. If they were the heart of the show on RM for the past two years, it would’ve made more noise. Somin has been told by Seo Jang Hoon that Jong Kook is the best person for her on the “Ask Us Anything Fortune Teller” show . Do you think Seo Jang Hoon is promoting Kookmin loveline for Running Man, lmao? I think not but that still baffles me.

They even hosted APAC Awards together, a major awards show. Again, no mention on Running Man ever.

This has been the status quo, and I’m personally content with the unintentional Kookmin crumbs we’re getting, natural and not for the sake of entertaining viewers.

Somin isn’t the only one who dares betray Jong Kook. Se Chan is actually better at betraying Jong Kook, lol. JK is readily suspicious about Somin, whether she is a spy or not doesn’t matter. I think it’s one of the way JK teases Somin, the way he targets her, lol. He focuses on Somin - cute but really frustrating for the latter.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1