[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

@MandelBrot Thanks for sharing, I’m really curious about this scene. I’ve seen posts on IG and this is the most direct interaction between them I’ve seen so far for this episode. 

Look how fast YJS went to KJK’s side and squeezed subtly for him to calm down(?). Sechan looks frozen, I wonder what it is all about.

I can’t wait for the subbed episode to find out. I watch RM via Viu, the episode comes out much later.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 4

One of my fave moments last episode (RM 553) is when JSM pops out her head beside KJK after lunch, when they’re listening to the Camera-Hide-and-Seek task.

It’s such a small moment and probably unintended (I feel they avoid being near each other onscreen).

It just reminded me of the times when JSM hid and popped out her head whenever she teases KJK (Hand of Stone episode - behind LKS, Tofu Prison episode - behind YJS). Back then, they weren’t close. Now, she’s popping out right next to him.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

The sudden picture taking with jsj, jsm, and kjk is so suspicious. I can finally sense that there is something going on with kjk and jsm. It's like jsj is helping them to come out slowly or he can't just contain his excitement for the two of them that he always forget that they are working. It also seems to me now that all previous spartace interactions were just a cloy to protect somin from all the hate. It seems like sjh and kjk already agreed doing it since kjk doesn't participate much in their loveteam before unlike what he is doing now. Yjs also is so attentive in kookmin interactions because he knows well that they're potential relationship might affect them and the show. We can just rely on jsj giving us hints HAHAHAHA and oh, about their ig story. It seems like they went to the same place together.

15 hours ago, MandelBrot said:

*** I think YSJ wanted to stop the interaction between KJK and JSM

Something weird in this scene: look at YJS

again with his hand....

This scene is where somin is talking about her vest. Saying how it is trendy today and how others wear it in sexy way. Kjk seems to not like what she is saying lolol. Kjk is protective lol.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Hi Everyone!  

My favorite kookmin moments subbed.  You know why YJS, HaHa, and YSC all looked awkward in the opening scene conversation between KJK and JSM because they were watching a couple argue lol, and YJS used his hand to signal to get KJK to move on.  However, it was really JSJ that saved the day and diverted the conversation to SJH.  This little argument (don't even like using that word because it did not really mean anything to either KJK or JSM) was over quickly and she was eating his chips (cue kookmin eating off each others plate video montage) and sitting next to him.  I also like the end when they talked with the director because that conversation was also telling. 

Spoiler

KJK has very strong opinions how JSM might hypothetically wear a vest. lol 
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-16-15-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-16-33-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-16-53-PM.png
Oh JSM, that must be a KJK trigger words because it only escalates from here.  
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-17-23-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-17-42-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-18-00-PM.png

Okay!  Correct me if I am wrong but didn't KJK try to calm down JSJ a couple weeks ago when people kept suggesting that he was too old for JSM (he was her uncle).  What did KJK do . . . oh that is right be positive and tell JSJ that he just gives off that vibe.  So, what we now know, is when JSM calls him conservative or old KJK is not okay with it (someone needs to make a gif/video of JSJ saying wouldn't you be angry to KJK and him saying no then followed with this clip lmao).  When this interaction above happened, I wanted someone to say here you need to be Kim Positive haha.  The members are really awkward and seem a little lost as to how to step in. 

Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-18-50-PM.png

It is JSJ below, that tries to break up this interaction and saves the day.  Look at KJK face and body language below he is still angry/frustrated and YJS is there with that hand. 
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-19-15-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-19-37-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-19-54-PM.png

I know that KJK was frustrated about JSM wearing only a vest (hypothetically), but I think calling her brat is little much for someone that is just suppose to be coworker/close friend (hella suspicious).   Again, let us all take step back from the situation and realize that it is reasonable for the male members to be potentially be grossed out (couldn't think of another word) about picturing/thinking about JSM wearing clothes this way. However, the level of annoyance and frustration out of KJK is above and beyond for just a friend.  The show tried to right it off as a older brother being angry at a younger sister, but none of the other male members who act like her brother reacted this strongly.  In fact, HH stepped in below to defend JSM and point out that he wears more tight revealing stuff on other show.  

Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-20-24-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-20-44-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-21-01-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-21-24-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-22-20-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-22-35-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-22-56-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-23-34-PM.png

JSM says oppa below but gets interrupted by YSC.  I wanted to know what she was going to say to KJK. 
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-23-56-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-24-23-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-24-39-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-25-02-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-25-18-PM.png

So wanted to bring attention to this quick exchange.  Above KJK is about to make a comment about a hypothetical boyfriend and YJS steps on his words and changes the topic.  I think that YJS was worried that KJK might reveal something because he was annoyed he was not able to control his words. 
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-25-35-PM.png

After they talk about celebrities that also dress in black, below KJK turns his head and starts look at JSM as she talks.  He is always tuned into what she is saying. 
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-26-08-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-7-26-21-PM.png

So I will take my lead from the RM crew and stop talking about this exchange/scene. 

When they go and talk to the director.  Well JSM does something really interesting.  
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-24-41-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-25-11-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-25-29-PM.png

Look at JSJ face above and below.  He at first likes the idea and thinks it would be funny but once JSM mentions SC his face, tone, and words all change.  Although HH used to love to push the chanmin LL he stays quite, or look at the slides below and my comments about his face. 
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-25-48-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-26-10-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-27-04-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-27-39-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-27-54-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-28-10-PM.png

HH's face below in the next two slides is like he wants to say, "yeah right"  or "this is so hilarious because it is ridiculous" (delulu he is thinking of KJK and JSM on the couple show together . . . I know I would watch lmao).
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-28-26-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-28-42-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-28-56-PM.png

Even YSC is not having any of JSM's ideas.  lol JSM he cannot be a smoke screen even after your married. 
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-29-13-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-29-29-PM.png

Again, JSJ does not approve of joking around about this topic.
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-29-43-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-30-02-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-at-8-30-18-PM.png
Oh this must be so tough on SJS to keep Kookmin a secret haha.  One day, JSJ and YSC won't have to deceive us anymore.  Look at me frolicking through the forest of delulu . . . it is so pretty here. :happydance::Megalol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my favorite moments this ep (RM 544) is the Kookmin phone handoff scene. 

Spoiler

I loved seeing JSM popping out next to KJK after lunch last episode (RM 553).  I was delighted and surprised to see JSM is already behind KJK and popping out next to him again.

spacer.png

spacer.png

KJK was so pleased his phone got handed off to JSM. Same, Kookie, same.

spacer.png

KJK's smile is barely on-screen due to editing, lol. We then see JSM using his phone as a dumb bell for bicep curls with KJK focused on her  - so cute.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 2

Her promise the the Director really caught my attention. At the very least, it shows that she has somebody special now. When she made the promise, none of the other members raise a question if she has a BF or not. In fact, the staff also laugh. They only started to complained when Somin dragged YSC into the promise. Meaning, her getting married didn't caught them of guard. The way they reacted, I interprete as they wonder will she really join a variety show after she gets married.

Also, the one she made promise to is not her close friend. That person is the Director, the superior of her superior. I doubt she will jokingly make promise if there is no man in her life. Another thing, in last eps when YJS said Somin's boyfriend will get tired to give reaction to her antiques. Again, none of members raise any question and staff just laugh.

Though these two scenes show that Somin most probably in a relationship right now, it still isn't proven that JK is the man. Yet, his reaction to the possibility of her wearing that vest without underneath tshirt give him away. He exercised his right on her when technically he is just her close oppa. He practically prohibit her to do that (when she didn't even do it in the first place). Just like how he complained Somin rolled her hips too much (when it was not) during the Brave Girl episode when none of other oppas bother with it. 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

I’ve noticed this episode the RM cast playing up their characters - KJK being the Sparta Commander (Boy Scout Leader), LKS the target maknae, JSM activating her Love Frog character, JSJ the kkondae, etc...

What’s interesting is the difference in Haha’s and Sechan’s reactions to JSM’s Love Frog antics from before. Haha doesn’t play it up like before, adding fuel to the fire. Sechan quickly denies just like before but it feels like he’s more comfortable with the skit happening since it isn’t prolonged and it’s just quick banter for the show.

Sechan is more startled when JSM makes the same remarks on the director meeting — I agree with @kyoko22, this is not the same setting (banter between RM cast) and might come across as the ChanMin line being more real.

We then see Haha laughing it off as ridiculous and emphasizing that ChanMin is a capitalist couple (JSM remarks just how much money they can make, Haha repeats this statement), which JSJ echoes by saying “be sincere instead” -> highlights there’s no romantic feelings in ChanMin loveline, just profit.

This is in contrast with JSJ’s character setting (“Only money can bring him happiness”), lol. I love our Kookmin bridge uncle, hehe. He’s definitely consistent in showing concern about JSM’s happiness. Filial-piety-cross!

I’m just glad that Se Chan and So Min’s friendship doesn’t seem to be disturbed by this loveline. Their friendship is lovely.

Edited by snowheart
Added more detail
  • Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1