Quantcast

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Edit: better quality...      

Once again  . . . sub spoilers.   I won't be able to do this every weekend, but I just had to share (so enjoy the Kookmin moments).  Besides,  these sub spoilers are never as good as watching the epis

That awkward moment when you got caught staring at your "crush" and now you have to pretend like you're looking at someone else.   

you can watch this https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1QZ4y1G7G7?from=search&seid=1866937954947069884 from 7:51

waiting for the subs, but this is what i understood.

jsm's answer to both ysc and kjk is that if it doesn't happen in 3 months, it is not possible. when kjk gets mentioned, her costar also looks a bit curious and not completely convinced when jsm crosses her hands. then jsm insists he is just oppa. after that, in response to seo jang hoon who talks about the 3 months, she responds to how when people get to know her closely, they think she is better as a friend. after that, jang hoon again brings up kjk saying he is more suited for her. he doesn't do anything that women hate. then soo geun says kjk never does anything which women like and jsm agrees. after that, jang hoon asks something like he is only exercising, so what is wrong with that? then i believe jsm says, 'but he exercises too much.' 

i get the feeling jang hoon has heard a lot about jsm because his analysis of her 'she wants to get married quickly', 'she is extremely romantic' all need to come from somewhere. after all, he is not a fortune teller by profession. of course, as a host, this is information he will have to collect, so may not be a surprise. still, i don't know why he was so into it, repeatedly bringing up kjk and suggesting he is suited for her. he drops ysc quickly, but keeps on talking about kjk. well, he knows kjk more than ysc and he is doing a show where kjk is one of the ugly ducklings. he has also done that to jessi while on mud. still, this was a bit weird.  it is again to kjk that her costar reacts and not ysc. 

i am not sure what to feel about it. when jsm has denied things with lks, ysc as well as odm, there has been an element of truth to them. it is a variety show and she is promoting her movie and her costar. of course, with chanmin and her movie promotion on line, the last thing she would do is confirm even if she likes kjk. however, wouldn't that be obvious to jang hoon as well, who has been an entertainer for a while now? why did he keep asking her about kjk? :sweatingbullets: this was like he wanted her to date kjk!

jsm's next sixth sense episode is with cha tae hyun. let's see if he asks her anything. btw any idea when this 'ask me anything' episode was shot.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

When Jang Hoon mentioned Jong Kook name, Choi Jung Won (co-star) said to Somin "잘 어울린다 야~ (jal eoullinda ya~) - It suits you well~ / a good match~." But then Somin denied it by saying "아니야 싫어 (aniya siro) - No, I don't like it." And goes saying he's like an "oppa" to her. 

The old me (younger me) well be so heartbroken right now but not anymore lol. Dating or not I'll just going to enjoy their chemistry and support their decision :)    

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

Janghoon seems the most opposed for somin and Choi jungwon pairing when jungwon himself asked: how are we together? And for some reason, although it could be an overstretch, why do I feel like, her casting on such shows have a weird correlation with those people already being close to kjk oppa(in this case, janghoon n kjk oppa r really close acquaintances). Again, that could be just me. Somin’s denial for kjk oppa got me a lil flustered, but, somehow made me think that they(janghoon and kjk friends) know something about kjk oppa’s inclination/equation with somin, even if it’s one-way or two-ways. Worst case is we believe somin and say they might have friend zoned each other already. A little less worrying is the scenario that they are still in the getting-to-know each other beyond-friend phase. Most positive case is that, kjk oppa recommended somin for her promotion or janghoon got in touch with somin via kjk oppa to cast somin, which then suggests there is something. I am saying this, because casting for Korean variety shows are normally straightforward with close colleagues seen more often on each other’s shows.  My head and heart goes into full roller coaster every time I think about Kookmin. Let hope there is still light at the end. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

The denial doesn’t really bother me. What I’m really surprised about is the fact that Jongkook was even mentioned as a potential love match for her. They have no loveline and nothing that really publicly indicates they could have something going on. Yet Janghoon picked him as a match for her.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of you guys may think the ship is sinking. I do feel so. But lets not despair and be happy for their decisions. And the interview is really funny and cute. 

I do also felt the observation of Somin's co-star and Janghoon mention about Jong kook, their expression and comments are quite interesting that they are like us finding Kookmin chemistry very charming that there is something special between the two. 

People do forget that Somin has best compatibility with jong kOok among running man members. Jong Kook's rating with Jihyo is around 98 percent. So I suspect that Somin-Jong Kook may be higher. However, the following year, Kookmin became closer, the fortune telling shift to Somin-Sechan. Then last year was Somin-Sechan but the fortune teller said one more thing: Somin has ties with someone older, not younger or same age as her. 

It is really interesting that over the years, Jong Kook and Somin have become closer. (The fortune teller told Jong Kook before Somin and Sechan joined RM, that Jong kook needs to stop over analysing and look with open mind. He did start to analyse Somin. At first it was harsh then later on he started to get curious. And Somin's personality really opens up Jong Kook). I thought he was going to leave Running Man around in a year due to his injuries, busy schedule, and more variety offers. And he stayed on, and he looks energised and happier. He is more talkative and easy going. He is started to take more risks. He's character became more balanced. And Somin became closer and closer to him. It was an interesting journey to see. 

A lot of women came to say that Jong kook exercises way too much. Jong Kook even said that he hopes to find someone who would let him exercise. And let him to do his own thing, and his wife to do on her own. That is how he perceived a perfect relationship. But I do notice that Jong kook's heart is looking for more than that. He is like torn in between what he loves to do, and the woman who stole his heart. A woman who made him happier. I do notice Somin and Jong kook has sweet and sour bond. They just knock each other egos so many times. It was so refreshing to see. Jong kook really does exercise too much, but I do notice that he loves being in love that he will give everything in. He is very cautious about opening his heart, and breaking his heart. Somin is giving him heads up that she is not going to open up unless he will give in all. I dont think Somin wants him to give up exercising at all. I think she is asking him to tone it down, and do something creative with her. I think Jong kook has not open up yet. He is observing and searching. So I think for now, they are not dating. it is more like, they like each other but didnt know they really match each other well with personality, humour, and chemistry. 

Somin's heart, i believe is very fragile. She called three months period of friendship to romance to make it work out which is bit too short. It is like to me, some people have long friendship, but when they get married, they break up all of sudden. It does happen. However, the way I see Somin- Jong Kook/Sechan, they are in business relationship. It is hard to mix with private and business romance together especially in entertainment field. And also Somin is an actress. She likes melodramas. To be able to get offers, it is better for actress' to have single status to allow lovelines and no string attached. Somin's getting older though but still ripe age for Korean entertainment world. 

If Somin sees bigger picture, between Jong kook and Sechan, they are both actually good for her. They will both be devoted to her. The way she prefers to hang out with-- it would be more of Sechan or ODM. If Jong Kook is willing or not sacrificing that he will spend more time with her instead of exercising, I think she'll open her heart to him. Remember in MUD that Jong Kook said he wasnt happy when Somin said some women doesnt like guys who work out too much. Jong Kook gave reasoning with his friends about it. It tells me that he's not giving that up. He would go out of town and go to hotel and work out. He will go to hotel that has gyms. Somin's rational mind and logic felt that they would fight about why go on a vacation to work out in gym. It does look like he hasnt open up to Somin yet. And Somin is not looking to further into romance with him in that reasoning. I find it cute that jong kook was so bothered with what somin said. And he still talks about it. He wants to rationalise and reason to keep his passion, and hope she will accept it. I mean there are many other women wouldn't mind. Their chemistry is undeniably cute. Kwangsoo said one time before about kook-min after the first fortune telling episode, Kookmin is like a couple who fought, and made up by kissing passionately. Jaesuk had to interrupt him. HaHa was mentioning how close they were when Kook-min were cats and dogs.

The thing is that, sometimes your soul mate is not always about perfect partnership or same personality or want the same thing. It is something intangible in their destiny. There is term like opposite do attract. Sometimes the person change after they met a person. It just the law of attraction trying to put two stubborn, broken heart souls together. Kookmin is one of them. My parents are very compatible in their fortune telling charts, but their personality and tastes and wants are total opposite. They do fight. They annoy each other. But they couldn't live without each other.  They thought they wouldn't end up together because they want entirely different things and path. However, they still care about each other. Their family and friends have put them together. It is quite similar of how I see the chemistry and destiny of Kookmin. 

If they choose other partners, I wish them well. For now in present, enjoy the chemistry!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I could be in denial or stubborn but her denial didn't add up to the equation. I will believe that denial without fuss if kookmin act like in Somin's first year in RM or the casual kookmin in her second year. But they did not. I noticed, you guys noticed, neighbour shippers noticed, non shipper viewers also start to notice.

If you guys remember, after her hiatus, there was few episodes where both of them unsually close, stick together and JK acted very daring ( :warning:crowded her from back and grabbed her hand, hold her shoulder to protect her from haha's water balloon, playfully pinched her ears and tapped her forehead).

Then suddenly, they distanced themselves, stood apart, sat far away from one to another. Then PD went extra in editing when both of them together. Heck, even promotion video for SBS Youtube channel, both of them got edited out.

Why? If we notice, for sure the cast also notice. Pretty sure there was some talk going on bts. And the kookmin themselves surely also notice from the buzz create by us. Somin who got burnt by public relationship before i believe will become extra cautious. Hence, the distance approach.

When some feel heartache because of their distance, i don't feel worry because i kinda agree with their action. They were getting very obvious. Getting caught red handed means disaster.

So, nothing weird when she denied in this show. This is the first time they got linked together outside of RM. Pretty sure it caught her of guard. Someone mentioned that she even denied her relationship with Yoon Hyun Min  but that guy was the one who first open his mouth. That is why their relationship went public. Therefore that denial can be doubt.

Somin might be the less obvious but the eyes when she secretly look at him tells it all. JK the obvious one. He is a jerk/playboy if he dare to (refer to :warning:above) on national TV where everyone can see if she is just a colleague/dongsaeng to him. But he is not. He is very well known by his politeness, gentleman character and will not do things woman hate (Seo Jang Hoon said himself).

The nature of kookmin relationship before her hiatus, even they were very close, there is this some wall between them in terms of skinship. JK didn't really dare to casually grab her shoulder, headlock her like he did to JH. At most he did to Somin just tap her arms or shoulder. When he did those heart fluttering actions, pretty sure he dare to do that only because he has the right and previlege. 

Note: For the person who asked, she filmed that show on 25th September

Edit: After thinking about it, how this 3 months rule of her applicable to JK? Their case is special. The first 3 months they worked together, both of them acted like stranger. So, with JK, how could she determined whether she has romantic feeling for him and should date or just remain as friend after 3 months? In fact, she couldn't even pass the first stage, which is becoming his friend due to JK's aloofness. Basically, in JK's case, this principle of her becomes obsolete. With SC, yes. They became bestfriend from beginning. So, to deny JK using this rule just doesn't seems believable.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting development.

What peaks me is the different hand/arm gestures used in response to the possibility of having a 'special' relationship with either ysc or kjk.

For ysc - the shaking of both her hands, which she has been doing consistently in other episodes when denying she was in a relationship with him.

For kjk - the crossing of her arms resembling a big 'X'.  Coincidentally, this was used in ep 434 (time: 1:13:52) when she cautioned the other members not to 'cross the line' during their 'interrogation' as to who was the guy who refused lks's offer to introduce jsm.

And yet, we continue to observe 'close' interactions between jsm and kjk in bts.

The latest being where both of them heading-off to somewhere else (with her hand resting comfortably on his shoulder) while leaving behind the guests and lks.  

To me that says a lot.  :approves:

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

She did the arm cross during their dance rehearsal as well. When all the members teased them about the couple moves, and she turned around to the PD and camera men and did the arms cross. 

The MC must have mentioned KJK and YSC because they are the single men on Running man, which she shoots every week. 

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

She did the arm cross during their dance rehearsal as well. When all the members teased them about the couple moves, and she turned around to the PD and camera men and did the arms cross. 

Good memory, another arm cross when kjk is involved :approves:

• Like 4

One of many reasons it is unlikely she thinks of him only just an oppa. But this is the most recent one. This scene occurred in ep 524. Bear in mind this ep was filmed after she filmed that Ask Anything Fortune ep.

Spoiler

RM-524-0.jpg

Somin asked SC to give her the flower. Look at how big his smile was. Showing his gums and teeth. The members interpreted this smile is SC feels happy.

RM-524-1.jpg

This is after SC jokingly wanted to throw the vase to Somin. Some of you might not notice this since there is no subtitle here but you can hear JK's voice. So Somin, SC and JH were looking at JK whose talking outside of camera frame.

"Ya... Sechani, oneul... (Ya... Sechani, today...)" Then his voice became inaudible. Me think he said something about SC's gums were showing because of this skit assigned by Somin.The reason I think of this is because in ep 525, he also commented about SC's gums. In other words, 'Sechanie, you look so happy, huh?'

RM-524-2.jpg

A moments later, this is how SC looked. That happy face of him instantly changed.

RM-524-3.jpg

This is the next camera angle. How could SC's expression didn't change if somebody looked at him with that kind of face. See, Somin was looking at JK.

RM-524-4.jpg

Somin pursed her lips. JK's taut expression bothered her.

Discussion:

If he is only an oppa to her

1) Why he was bothered when SC seems happy because of this skit. SC-Somin has loveline RM. What right did JK have to feel bothered by this?

2) Why SC seems scared just because of a sentence from him? During opening in ep 521, YJS also commented about his gums were showing, but SC didn't react like this. 

3) Why it affected Somin with the way JK reacted? Logically, he is just an oppa. He didn't have the right or authority to behave like that. In fact, he is crossing the line of boundaries between oppa and dongsaeng. However, in this situation, Somin didn't react by this logic. JK's tight face did bother her. 

She said he is an oppa but his and her actions said otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 2

i am not sure if kjk helped her and her 'my name' costar get that interview. so min is part of a good agency now and had participated in 'knowing brothers' even before this. that said, last year so min attended a mall opening in Anyang which kjk also attended some days later and that seemed like kjk's recommendation to me. however, this could be her agency's effort as well.

anyway, we don't know how much jang hoon knows. from the questions, got the feeling he believes kjk is single and since he insisted more on kjk than ysc, seems like he believes there is a stronger possibility in that case. i honestly don't expect so min to say she likes kjk there. even when her costar told her he watched rm regularly for her, she was joking he shouldn't act like that when they were doing business. kjk had also said on mud that he is looking for a woman who accepts his love for exercise and that was in the context of how jsm believes women don't like men with perfect bodies. so if she says she likes kjk despite that, it would be weird. they also don't have that history on rm right now. i also believe that she will never admit she likes kjk first even if she may like him. it is just too much controversy to court. jsm did say on hanna's show that when she likes someone, she is the passive kind who admits to her liking after the whole thing is over.

anyway, the next episode was the one with the precious sisters. when the clips were shown, kjk didn't say anything about so min and mentioned just sjh. so min then singled out kjk among all the cast and was asking him to be active and win her favour. even when lks wanted to be the crazy fan and kjk recommended him, it was kjk whom she wanted to sing to her. when he covered her with the jacket, so min said 'jong kook oppa is good at these things' when during the interview two days back, she agreed with soo geun that he didn't do things women liked. 

even during the quiz, when he was silent about her entrance, she called out his name asking him what he had to say about her. when she was dancing, one of the first people she went to was kjk. that got edited out though. if she had denied any romantic development between them two days back, then some of these seem weird. she denied that with se chan as well, but then they are the loveline and have to do the work. why did she want kjk to get so involved if she knew there were unnecessary speculations about them she wanted to avoid? 

so let's see where it goes. somebody like jae suk who knows the dynamics of the cast quite well may know when to ask kjk and jsm such questions. since jae suk ruled out chanmin recently, seems like he thinks that won't work out. wonder if there will be responses to this on mud or rm. what i know is that jsm has been asking people to set her up with someone for the last 2 years. however, everybody sets her up with someone unsuitable. the last one involved ysc setting her up with someone who had a gf. yjs kept on promising her last year that there was a man he had in mind for her, but that introduction never happened. what is the deal with this? either her friends have bad taste in men or they know her enough to know she doesn't want these  dates to work out in the first place.

all the same, we are in need of a breakthrough. let's see how the year ends. if this continues like this for one more year, i don't see any hope. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2
48 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

all the same, we are in need of a breakthrough. let's see how the year ends. if this continues like this for one more year, i don't see any hope. 

JK said he will stay like this (whatever this refer to) for another year (MUD 199). For Somin, her fortune about she will get married within 3 years (refer to Happy Together 2019) will expired next year. Both of their time frame match. If you willing to wait, wait until next year. If nothing happen, it's time to move on.

After all, the only breakthrough we can get from them only wedding announcement. Somin said, she refuses to date publicly again. People will only know who is the person she dates when she announces her wedding news. Impossible to expect that to happen in just two months.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, kyoko22 said:

JK said he will stay like this (whatever this refer to) for another year (MUD 199). For Somin, her fortune about she will get married within 3 years (refer to Happy Together 2019) will expired next year. Both of their time frame match. If you willing to wait, wait until next year. If nothing happen, it's time to move on.

After all, the only breakthrough we can get from them only wedding announcement. Somin said, she refuses to date publicly again. People will only know who is the person she dates when she announces her wedding news. Impossible to expect that to happen in just two months.

if there is a marriage, i feel there will be signs even before that. that is what i meant by the breakthrough. it is now all chanmin on rm and kjk has stopped interacting with jsm on sns. last time, kjk, haha and se chan sent a coffee truck for jsm's drama but this time, there hasn't been any such overt gestures for her movie. there might be indirect support which is why jsm attending jang hoon's show is interesting though it could very well be kingkong. 

anyway, from whatever i have seen of jsm, don't think she is the kind to wait indefinitely. that is why i give it one year.  i also don't think kjk's family is going to let him spend one more chuseok without any good news in the horizon.

i also found jsm's recent interview interesting. when asked when she will come out with a movie again, she said "this winter or next year (her voice grew quieter, then louder) whatever happens next year, i promise to come back with a project". i don't know what she meant by that, but is she anticipating something that might put off her drama comeback next year?

kjk is also planning to come out with his album and this is RM's 10th year. lots of things are coinciding. will wait it out for some more months. if there is no movement on both their sides, will think it is a goner. it will be 'oppa-dongsaeng ftw' :phew:

【国旻兄妹】【RM e525】他俩总是会有不容易发现的小动作! 哔哩哔哩 (゜ ゜)つロ 干杯 bilibili Google Chrome 2020 10 20 20 26 27 Trim

this is cute. so min feeling embarrassed after her ears tingle and kjk asks her to turn around. i found it interesting since kjk is not on her team.

【国旻兄妹】【RM e525】他俩总是会有不容易发现的小动作! 哔哩哔哩 (゜ ゜)つロ 干杯 bilibili Google Chrome 2020 10 20 20 24 43 Trim Slom

so min turns to look at kjk after se chan's ears tingle, but he is busy laughing. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

I don't want to be pessimist but, I won't be surprised if there will be no announcement by next year or the following year still. Given the current situation, hate against JSM is heating up, they will probably won't admit the real score of kookmin. JSM have received tremendous hate on the last episode caused by those immature and obsessed haters (pretending to be blinks as well). So imagine if KJK and JSM admits their relationship, haters will multiply and they'll go crazy as hell. :vicx:

But who knows, there might be a miracle that's going to happen. :sweatingbullets::lol:Let's just hope that they both enjoy whatever their current relationship status is and that they are happy.

P.S. I really enjoyed reading all your analysis and observations! Thank you for sharing those!

:loveu:

Peace out! Love y'all :kiss_wink:

Edited by JoJo8676
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

What Somin wants the most is to get married and she is superstitious. She said she will get married within 3 years (2019). If not, her luck only will come when she is 40 years old. If JK is her fated spouse, I doubt she's going to sacrifice her happiness just because of that petty haters. She's willing to give her ex who dumped her chances because she wants a happy ending for their relationship. As if she's going sacrifice what she wants the most because of nobody haters.

Yes. It is so sad to watch the recent hatred towards her but actually it is not hard to solve her problem. She can shut that bullying by disable her IG comments section. Even better, disable her acct (Good for her but bad for me:joy:. If she do this, where can I get my Somin dosage). Then, the haters no longer have any platform to harrass her. After all, those haters mostly are non Korean. Not that all of them can fly to Korea to disturb her there. I believe,the fact she let it be means she is strong to face it. 

• Like 3

@kyoko22 I don't want her to close her account, that is just giving in to the haters. Her account is her space where she shares her creativity, taste in music, food, literature and so on. Disabling the comments section would be a good idea though.

• Like 2