[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

Disclaimer: This is a really really long post and could be a spoiler if you haven’t watched the episode subbed (so I have put it as a spoiler :sweatingbullets:).  I just needed a place to get out all of my thoughts, which I agree with @kyoko22 and @HappyVirusRM about their thoughts on this episode.  If you read it all, then you deserve a cookie (sorry I don't have any haha:lol:). 

Spoiler

I have read a lot of stuff on IG about this episode and MUD and people being confused/worried about Kookmin and some . . . although I think they were joking about jumping ship, but even if they aren’t joking I don’t care if they do because we all have a right to ship whoever we want.  

However, I will say, I think I must have missed something because nothing in this episode really made me worried or nervous about kookmin.  In fact, I got more suspicious because of how everyone acted in this episode. 

First let me say that I think DJ hitting on JSM was so cute because it was nice to see a male guest pursue her, than the other way around, which is what normally happens.  However, there was no way that this episode wasn’t going to be awkward for kookmin (particularly JSM) once DJ acted interested in JSM. 

Yes, I am assuming they are something/a couple (you should skip this paragraph if you agree :joy:). We almost always talk about the signs that KJK sends out there that he is dating or interested, but the reality is that he would not hold her hand or say the things that he does, if he thought she wasn’t okay with it/interested.  Also, It just doesn’t make any sense if KJK is dating someone else or JSM doesn’t like him/ is seeing someone else.  Neither of these people would act the way that they have, if they were with other people (both have too much respect for potential partners because of their past experiences in relationships). So, they would need to really change their behaviors on the show and on IG before I would think about jumping ship.  Okay, with that out of the way . . . my view of the show. 

At first JSM, took on the normal love frog persona, but I think she was generally taken by surprise when DJ played into it and expressed his interest.  She seemed more flustered/shy in the opening after he expressed interest.  I think she acted this way because one she was pleased (as anyone would be when a cute guy says that he is interested in you), but also because she did not know how to respond/react per her character or as herself.  So, instead of leaning into the love frog persona (attentive/affectionate) she was more shy, embarrassed, and careful for the rest of the episode when it came to interactions with DJ.  After the opening, DJ initiated all of the romantic lines in this episode and she just reacted to them (he was also the one that grabbed her hand at the end).  You can take that as her being interested (more of who she really is when she likes someone and there is mutual attraction) or that she is potentially in a tough spot (work vs. personal life).  I lean to the latter because of what I said above and other things that happened in the episode (see examples below).  

I know that people are mentioning that they followed each other on IG, I was a little nervous about this until after I watched this episode.  So many people in this episode either told him not to led her on or he said that he would take her out for food. So I am not surprised that they connected on IG.  If he hadn’t contacted her on IG, it could have looked bad to some people, like he hadn’t kept his promise to her or something.  

Things that I noticed in the episode/examples/quotes:

JSM – Well all of the stuff I mentioned above and more.  She wanted to only buy one space on his dice (love frog would not have hesitated) and it wasn’t until he was going to buy the others for her that she bought the rest of the spaces.  There was a moment in the opening that was almost cut out where she goes over to talk to KJK after DJ expresses his initial interest.  You only see her walking away from KJK returning to her original spot (previous spot of SJH).   Later, JSM told DJ, “can we focus on our work?” when he said something cheeky/cheesy romantic.  JSM has always been a fan of cheesy romantic lines (at least when it was KJK).

KJK – So many flashbacks to earlier episodes were they either come off as them dating (464 waffle date episode . . .I mean he brought up the same place that they went to in that episode) or were it looked like he was jealous (“aren’t you going to work” this is a classic line from 368 with Sung Hoon and he said it after the show she liked was mentioned).  This with . . . “this is not dating” or some variation was mentioned more than once.  Also, when DJ said that he wanted to be like KJK,  instead of getting that is nice, what he got was that he really would be incredible if he bulked up, which has some sass to it.   I really do think that JSM was not defending DJ because she likes him, but because she knows that KJK is picking on him (just a little) because of her.  This of course makes him annoyed because she is defending DJ and sort of picking on him (I really had a hard time not laughing at this whole interaction because you could tell he was grumpy).  However, he must not be that annoyed, because it doesn’t last and he was smiling at her playing in the starch pool and while she was wrestling to try and bring him down. 

Finally, JSM oppas are trying to downplay the situation/love line with DJ (by any means possible).  

YJS – “You are doing this in front of her boyfriend”(while pointing at ysc).  This was the most absurd statement for all the reasons that @kyoko22 pointed out (it has been a long time since anyone has pushed this as a possibility).  Even YSC and JSM flat out denied this the moment he said it in the opening.  This really came off as, I am grasping for some reason to shut this down. The rest of the episode he never really said anything encouraging (you will want to drive away from her).  Seriously!?! Come on . . . YJS has been trying to set up JSM with someone for a while and encouraged people to find someone for her at the beginning of the year. . . why the sudden shift?

SJS – I don’t know how many times he said to DJ that he should not led her on (I really didn’t keep track but anytime DJ stated something romantic he jumped in).

LKS – “Why would you say that if you will probably never see her again after this shoot/episode”

Haha – "She is serious" (referring to either her being interested in him or in having a relationship) while his tone and look towards DJ was don’t mess around.  Later in the episode he said that they did not seem like a realistic couple.  I know the kiss of death on RM is when Haha expresses an interest in the loveline, but this didn’t seem like he was trying to give people hope by not rooting for them.  Haha really cares about JSM and when he cares about people he doesn’t want them hurt (really like this about him), but at times with the right tone and look he can be really intimidating (no joke).   When Haha said that KJK and his partner seemed more like a real couple, this to me came off as more of a diss to DJ and JSM because neither KJK or Soyou seemed at all interested in each other (just winning). 

I can think of only a couple of reasons why they are rooting for nothing to happen.  JSM has something going on with someone (they know that she is not single), they are really worried about her getting misled, or the simplest reason because it is more funny to tease her.  The first two reasons they are trying to protect her and that is sweet.  The last reason, which is possible, makes me thinking that it would be funnier to tease her with him, which they have done in the past (not recently).  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 6

@LV.Bae yes, if you watch the episode, he is indeed addressing to SC. But like I mentioned above, he never tease Chanmin anymore after ep 490. In ep 490, it was YJS who suddenly brought up about marriage and he looked guilty when Somin said she and SC will not going to marry. After that no Chanmin from him anymore.

That is why it is so weird, after 5 months, he brought Chanmin LL back to warn DJ. It is so out of no where. And in the bus ride, they promote Sechan as  a great guy and a good catch. Erm, wasn't he suppose to be Somin's BF?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

I mean can we blame Dongjun for feeling enthralled by her the way every male cast member has? Shes a very genuinely cute and kind girl why else does she get along with essentially every person shes workes on a project with?

Him doing whatever initiating he does is irrelevant cause imo Kookmin are either a realistic possibility with KJK accordig to Haha merely having to make a choice, or actually happening right now since we know he's likely dating someone currently.

So Dongjun can be friends with her and whatnot even if Kookmin are real. And if it isnt Dongjun seems like a good dude so I'd be happy for them if he was actually interested.

I am pretty sure most of us here's favorite ship is Kookmin but still largely want both members to just find genuine happiness first and foremost even if it isnt together.

I was coming in as a KJK fan who fell for Somins charms much like he has and wanted lowkey any excuse to ship him with any woman breathing in his direction (its why i also like Kang Hanna with KJK) but kookmin is first and foremost.

But no one here from what I've seen would be furious if both were dating other people as long as they are happy.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2

To add on, this is a variety show after all. I don't see anything to be worried about Somin bringing out the love frog (it's been a while but giddy bashful Somin is so cute!) as it is clearly a variety character.

How many times have we seen her play the love frog for a guest and then not having the same interaction if they're a repeat visitor? No flirting with Sunghoon when he came back, Sangyeob got family-zoned. That guy she had that jail chat some with, she didn't pay him much attention when they were in the same team for another episode. 

So I'm enjoying the flirting with/from Dongjun while I can as I don't think it'll happen again lol. 

The members are always teasing Somin and making it seem like she's a love desperado hehe. I wouldn't take it seriously as warning off or whatever. 

I'm down with having love frog fun until the day Kookmin go public. They're both professionals - variety is just another entertainment platform.

And if it's not with each other, I'd like it to be with someone they can live and love happily for a long time. There's no point having an otp actualize if they then divorce later (my friend shipped Lee Donggun and Jo Yunhee after that tailor  shop drama... yikes). 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

Tbh, I only ship them together because there is sense of realness from them. Both sides reciprocate. That is what makes me fall for them in the first place. No point on shipping a couple when they only look good together to me. What important is the person involves feel good about it. And it is clear JK and Somin really enjoy each others company and didn't seems mind when YJS teased them about marriage.

But if in the end they are not meant to be together, yes i will feel sad. However it is their life and I will cheer them up to find their own happiness.

DJ's flirting is indeed cute and can't blame him since Somin is officially single. She is afterall very charming. And her reaction also cute since she likes these kind of things. When DJ said something sweet, she flustered, became happy and shy. But those oppas scolded her as if she intentionally flirt back when she was not. :joy: "Are you not going to work?" Sounds familiar right? Haha.

Screenshot-20200727-113922-Instagram.jpg

This is from teaser video. Seems like this is after she and DJ became partner. I think her gaze explained her true feeling to that situation. There is no sweet smile or private chit chat with DJ. She even tried to discourage DJ.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

It's been a while since I laugh this much for a Running man episode, this week was hilarious hahaha

Idk if I'm being super delulu but the part where they were talking Doyeon's drama and JK talk abt that, he turned to Somin (it looked like) and idk it feels like he was saying "you forced me to watch the drama and now you're not going to say anything about it?!" Also his "are you not going to work?" Hahahaha as in episode 368 when Sunghoon appeared hahaha JK jealous since then haha and (this is not abt Kookmin hehe) Dongjun and Somin couple was so cute, I had butterflies every time they had screen time hahaha, the way he stared at her during the food segment, I love it!!! ❤️ 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

Just for Fun :P

Kim Jong-Kook to Jeon So-Min

8ElIXv3.png

Kim Dong-Jun to Jeon So-Min

pDdRlJm.png

Both Kim Jong-Kook and Dong-Jun Compliment each other.

6G61t6o.pngEkuqG9z.png

But in the End....R9i5dyn.pngr0eEucb.png

For a moment, i thought KJK and Soyou gonna beat up Dong-Jun and JSM, but it turn up KookMin beat up Dong-Jun and Soyou lol:P

dmkIOwP.png

*Been Trying To Post Something, This One Make it Through lol 

• Like 5
  • LOL 14
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Thanks to Kjk I know that :

1. Jsm watched and liked Be Melodramatic. And I think he watched it too cause he knew Doyeon was just in a drama. Here is the made up conversation I have in my mind between kookmin.

Kjk " somina what are you doing? "

Jsm " watching a drama oppa"

Kjk " which one? "

Jsm " be Melodramatic "

Kjk " is it good? "

Jsm " yes oppa. I like it. Oppa should watch it"

Kjk "ok I will"

Once again i'm being delulu :tounge_xd:

2. Jsm lives in Yongsan,  near Sookmyung Women University. There are many waffle stores near her house. 

I wonder if that waffle date episode was filmed in that area

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

3 minutes ago, autumnflowers said:

2. Jsm lives in Yongsan,  near Sookmyung Women University. There are many waffle stores near her house. 

Based on Wiki, they filmed that episode at Sookmyung Women University and on that day, all designated restaurants located near that Uni :heart:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, autumnflowers said:

1 hour ago, kyoko22 said:

Based on Wiki, they filmed that episode at Sookmyung Women University and on that day, all designated restaurants located near that Uni :heart:

Yup, they went to the Waffle Den branch near Sookmyung Women's University. 

A little Info:

There's this one famous waffle store called Waffle House near Sookmyung Women's University that has been selling waffles since 1989.

• Like 10
  • Wiggle 1

So this last episode was filmed on the 7th of July and this is what JSM said to KJK

Women-don-t-want.jpg%22%20alt=%22Women-d

That-s-Right.jpg

June 27th . . .10 days earlier someone (cough cough JSM)  likes a certain insta story video post (some on this forum have pointed out in 2 mins or less). 

Haha.jpg

What can I say . . . maybe she forgot . . . :Megalol:

Someone pointed this out on insta and I just started to laugh and smile.  So I hope it makes you all :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Wiggle 1