[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

The comments on the Chanmin loveline on youtube aren’t bad but on Naver...oh boy. And is the same exact video, the Naver comment section I guess was a battleground??  I think they deleted comments some since there’s only 3 best comments (there’s usually a lot more) and some of the comments allude to people being mad and wanting the loveline to end????? I thought the loveline was well received by the Koreans? :blink:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, HappyVirusRM said:

The comments on the Chanmin loveline on youtube aren’t bad but on Naver...oh boy. And is the same exact video, the Naver comment section I guess was a battleground??  I think they deleted comments some since there’s only 3 best comments (there’s usually a lot more) and some of the comments allude to people being mad and wanting the loveline to end????? I thought the loveline was well received by the Koreans?

can you translate some of those comments? i would like to know what jsm korean fans think of the loveline.

i think the loveline was well-received though i don't know if the tide is turning where more people want it to end. In another article about the forbidden couple fiasco, there was a line that said lovelines are not the problem on rm, referring to how chanmin had been well-received, but it is awkward lovelines like the forbidden couple.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

can you translate some of those comments? i would like to know what jsm korean fans think of the loveline.

i think the loveline was well-received though i don't know if the tide is turning where more people want it to end. In another article about the forbidden couple fiasco, there was a line that said lovelines are not the problem on rm, referring to how chanmin had been well-received, but it is awkward lovelines like the forbidden couple.

Basically I put them on Papago and things as simple as “they’re cute” are getting downvoted? Which honestly I don’t remember happening on other Chanmin videos. Another one said something along the lines of; what’s up with the comments/ people saying they’re cute” and that was upvoted??

Another one saying that the some videos are okay but that they’re now doing too much.

Another basically trying to talk to Sechan said; to stop doing it because she may get/have a boyfriend and she’s trying  to make him jealous?? The downvotes and upvotes are fighting on that comment.

edit: the top 3 comments say;

1: something along the lines of this is entertainment love

2: if you don’t like it don’t watch it type of comment

3: “You guys look cute but if you get boyfriend, anger, hahaha” < full translation from Papago... um.. yeah that’s kinda what we want to avoid. Unnecessary hate

Basically the response was a complete 180 on this Naver video. *note: I don’t know Korean and all this translations were thanks to Papago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, HappyVirusRM said:

Basically I put them on Papago and things as simple as “they’re cute” are getting downvoted? Which honestly I don’t remember happening on other Chanmin videos. Another one said something along the lines of; what’s up with the comments/ people saying they’re cute” and that was upvoted??

Another one saying that the some videos are okay but that they’re now doing too much.

Another basically trying to talk to Sechan said; to stop doing it because she may get/have a boyfriend and she’s trying  to make him jealous?? The downvotes and upvotes are fighting on that comment.

edit: the top 3 comments say;

1: something along the lines of this is entertainment love

2: if you don’t like it don’t watch it type of comment

3: “You guys look cute but if you get boyfriend, anger, hahaha” < full translation from Papago... um.. yeah that’s kinda what we want to avoid. Unnecessary hate

Basically the response was a complete 180 on this Naver video. *note: I don’t know Korean and all this translations were thanks to Papago.

I think YouTube in general, garners a younger audience, at least in Korea.

Whereas for NaverTV, it has a larger audience, and the age groups are more varied.

Which is why on NaverTV, the loveline might get more negative comments and also, it's possible these negative comments are coming from either antis or Korean feminists.

• Like 4

@kukumarq1 I just hope the dislike stays towards the loveline and not Sechan or Somin, that’s all I ask for honestly. :unsure:

Youtube video <— rewatching this video I just noticed KJK stares at Somin and Kwangsoo at the 40 second mark lmao it’s after Somin lands on KS. Also I may be in the minority with this opinion but I enjoy indoor games so much more than the name tag races, name tag ripping can be fun but this type of stuff I enjoy so much more.

Good indoor games like this one, with all the members = gold :lol: To me, the bowling was hilarious and it was so simple, there’s no need for contrived scenes when you have this much variety chemistry! 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, kukumarq1 said:

I would think that he just doesn't want to deal with the toxic comments from the toxic fans. As it is, his fans are all very tired of spartace fans turning every moment into a loveline moment, I would think that he himself might have already reached his limit.

I agree and I will get sick and tired of all the comments as well if I were him~~

5 hours ago, HappyVirusRM said:

@kukumarq1 I just hope the dislike stays towards the loveline and not Sechan or Somin, that’s all I ask for honestly. :unsure:

Me too, I am worried about the backlash that somin will receive if exposed when either one of them is dating other people other than each other as most viewers/fans are unable to differentiate between variety and reality just like a repeat of monday couple. :(

Told 1 of my friend about it and she replied as follows:

Lol not so bad for them since they are not idols..  it's pretty obvious they do it for work only. doesn't matter if u have a love line or whatever, even if u don't have it, if u work in this industry then u will have both sides of the coin, supporters and haters. they all know that when they decided to enter the industry. it's just how u deal with it. as for netizens, they have common sense also but some of them just get too into the "show" and some of them do it for entertainment, a lot of them is actually doing it because it destress them from daily life even if they are hurting the celebrities involved with their words. after all, they are hiding behind a screen, who's gonna care to dig them up? unless they leave comments that defame the celebrity's character, or display stalkerish behavior, violent behavior, then the company will take action & trace the ip. some celebrities met their malicious commenter irl and just found out they are housewife with a young child/high school student etc and in person they behave and talk like a normal friendly person so most celebrities didn't end up suing them in the end.

I just hope loveline will kinda end under the new PD as it seems like Jung Chulmin PD love lovelines alot as he created Kwangmin when somin and sechan joined but seems to die down after they got best couple award or change of PD? Seems like we don't get lovelines anymore after that and although they tried to create spartace loveline but failed in the end until he rejoined the show and chanmin loveline appear again~~

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, JialingGO said:

Even though Jong kook and Somin aren't idols, it is dealing with Korean and international fanbase as variety entertainer. Jin young was victim of having loveline with Jong kook from foreigners. Somin will get more backlash than Jinyoung and Jihyo or other lovelines from international fanbase. They'll ruin or mass report her IG. It must be hard for her trying to keep cover but keep to maintain on and off screen relationship with Jong Kook.

please don't say that dating kjk in public will invite hate from his fans, whoever the girl be- sjh or jsm. that is being willfully blind to the fact that those women close to him who get hate are from some biased sjh spartace fans. his korean and ifandom are generally peaceful. they hardly go witch-hunting even when he is attacked, so why would they bother with sending death threats to a woman he is close with? most of the papitus have grown old together with him, are even married and have kids and want him to get married. they are like his mom waiting for the day he settles down with his chosen one.

those who sent death threats to hjy are not kjk fans, but spartace fans. se chan said as much when hjy mentioned that topic, so all the members know who does it. it is just that the members, including kjk, or the pds don't want to address it openly that most of the hate on women who are close with kjk is by crazy shipper fans.  i don't think any woman he dates will get hate from kjk fans. as long as he loves the woman and she loves him back with an equal intensity, it wouldn't matter to us. even if it is hjy, i don't think any kjk only fan will hate on her. the death threat was mentioned when she came on rm for the first time after a while and some spartace fans who thought spartace would end up together after the fortune forecast got a reality check.

hjy-kjk pairing since then has become very popular in korea and even among ifans. kjk fans also know that the real hjy is different from the pushy character she takes on in her loveline with kjk. she is a woman with a lot of pride, not that desperate as her variety character is. i think jsm's new character on rm is modelled on hjy's loveline character in WGM and RM where she is the one going after the resistant, shy guy.

if it turns out to be jsm, some spartace ifans might send them hate, but i don't think the korean papitus or kjk's ifans will care. they know him enough to trust his judgement. also, since jsm has been brought to his fanmeets and many kjk fans feel she has become part of his inner circle, it won't be that big a shock to them. in fact, she is the woman he is closest to these days, on the show and off it, so i don't think it would be too big a problem. he brings her to his concert, sends her his first coffee truck and even promotes her book, so she is special in some way.

hate from ifanbase won't be an issue if kookmin ever reach a point where they want to declare. haters will be there, but their war will be fought on ig and there are ways of countering that. jsm's ig is verified now, so they can't report her like before. she can disable her comments or make her ig private for a while till it blows over. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 6

1 hour ago, JialingGO said:

It takes a lot of sacrifice to date Jong Kook publicly especially in his younger days. It is even harder to date fellow idols. Even having loveline gives death threats to Hong Jin Young. Anyone Jong kook will choose to marry will only be announced when they get married or already married (Gary or HaHa style).

Even though Jong kook and Somin aren't idols, it is dealing with Korean and international fanbase as variety entertainer. Jin young was victim of having loveline with Jong kook from foreigners. Somin will get more backlash than Jinyoung and Jihyo or other lovelines from international fanbase. They'll ruin or mass report her IG. It must be hard for her trying to keep cover but keep to maintain on and off screen relationship with Jong Kook.

No. He dated even when he was an idol, and he was pretty open about it back then too. His only public relationship back then was with Chae Rina, and both of them had huge followings who were pretty supportive of their relationship. After he announced that they broke-up due to personality differences, he never went public again.

When X-Man happened, and Jong Kook - Eun Hye became the biggest open secret ever, his fans were greatly supportive of their relationship, and Eun Hye even attended several private fan meetings in his place during his enlistment. Her fans were the ones who were very hostile towards him.

Please do not assume that the Jong Kook fandom goes around hating on anyone he is interested in. The ones who go around sending hate messages are the toxic shipper fans. They have no problems sending such hateful messages to Jong Kook himself, so no, they aren't his fans.

Since Jong Kook and Somin aren't a loveline, it's normal for his fans to consider them as siblings. Until they come out and say that they're dating, his fans do not ship him with anyone. 

And whilst Koreans do consider Jong Kook to be one of the most talented vocalists, he is still an idol. Turbo was an idol group back in the 90s, and a lot of his fans who were his fans then have now grown up with him. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

please don't say that dating kjk in public will invite hate from his fans, whoever the girl be- sjh or jsm. that is being willfully blind to the fact that those women close to him who get hate are from some biased sjh spartace fans. his korean and ifandom are generally peaceful. they hardly go witch-hunting even when he is attacked, so why would they bother with sending death threats to a woman he is close with? most of the papitus have grown old together with him, are even married and have kids and want him to get married. they are like his mom waiting for the day he settles down with his chosen one.

those who sent death threats to hjy are not kjk fans, but spartace fans. se chan said as much when hjy mentioned that topic, so all the members know who does it. it is just that the members, including kjk, or the pds don't want to address it openly that most of the hate on women who are close with kjk is by crazy shipper fans.  i don't think any woman he dates will get hate from kjk fans. as long as he loves the woman and she loves him back with an equal intensity, it wouldn't matter to us. even if it is hjy, i don't think any kjk only fan will hate on her. the death threat was mentioned when she came on rm for the first time after a while and some spartace fans who thought spartace would end up together after the fortune forecast got a reality check.

hjy-kjk pairing since then has become very popular in korea and even among ifans. kjk fans also know that the real hjy is different from the pushy character she takes on in her loveline with kjk. she is a woman with a lot of pride, not that desperate as her variety character is. i think jsm's new character on rm is modelled on hjy's loveline character in WGM and RM where she is the one going after the resistant, shy guy.

Hi,

Yes, thanks for clarifying. Just to add on regarding HJY, it was more or less confirmed by her in MUD & HT that it was chinese spartace (sjh) fan who sent her the death threat.

Actually some KJK fans who ship KJK-HJY are not happy with spartace/sjh fans as they believed that their ship could have a chance at success had KJK defended HJY more. :dissapointed:

Anyway KJK fans don't hate other fan groups. In fact, they often encourage not shipping in open given that KJK is king of lovelines & have chemistry with many of the ladies of his lovelines. This to avoid starting fanwars.

We generally assumed that he is nice to all ladies and wants to help them because he went through tough times himself and was lucky to receive a helping hand, so he just want to pay it forward (cue the Joker quotes again, very apt description). Depends on how you interpret, I am one of the fans who believed that he got physically abused as Turbo (thats why Kim Jungnam ran away), so he knows how tough it is for those junior than him and he just want to help them/sit with them.

QOTD: 

“I'm not interested in whether you've stood with the great; I'm interested in whether you've sat with the broken.” :blush:

― Sue Fitzmaurice

Thanks.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

I recently came across an Instagram account making really disgusting allegations against Kookmin and especially KJK. I was shocked to say the least, can't believe people can say such things about another person. Reported it and tried to calm myself. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

I recently came across an Instagram account making really disgusting allegations against Kookmin and especially KJK. I was shocked to say the least, can't believe people can say such things about another person. Reported it and tried to calm myself. 

Can you DM me the account? I'll try to get the other JK fans to help report it too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JialingGO said:

Somin said she'll announce when she is getting married. She won't be hinting on dating part. So we have to ignore whatever they are talking about lovelines or dating or etc. Everyone is confusing the viewers to know what is variety. It sort of create the balance that nothing is 100 percent true. 

Lovelines is kind of weird business strategy for RM and several variety shows. It is not always about truth. It is more of creating skits, chaos, or even controversy to highlight in news and trends. That's why they even bother to include forbidden couple. Jong kook butting in Chan-min loveline cause chaos. Somin is good giving puns and lines. Sechan is known for his wits as comedian. He is known as being loyal boyfriend as they tried to highlight him to be as a reminder to look past his protruding mouth. Somin is sort of promoting Sechan that he is a great guy. He is marriageable when he doesn't seem to be. It is something refining about his loyalty and caring nature. Lovelines do build ones image to next level. Jihyo developed through a lot as Monday couple. Kwangmin developed a lot from their crazy and creative personalities. Sukjin creates controversy and chaos in all of his lovelines. It was crazy and funny yet controversial. 

I noticed most of the lovelines forced the couple together, and they still feel more awkward. And more awkward they are, the more they push together to create more skits or comedy or frustration or chaos. Each member are very sensitive to number of screen time they needed to earn money and place. 

That's why I don't think they'll end Chan-min loveline. As long as there someone like Jong kook can butt in. And Sukjin to complain or scold at them. HaHa's behaviour towards Chan-min is interesting because he admitted that he makes every loveline uncomfortable when he wants them to be together. Jong Kook and Sechan were his victims. They both wanted to smack him hard. When HaHa sees Kook-min, notice he often made comments but it wasn't if to make them comfortable. He just said, oh Jong Kook is soft with Somin. He is just pretending. He talks as he is observing them. When Somin was too shy to dance with Jong kook, HaHa was able to help somin to kick off her shyness to finally dance with someone who made her heart flutter. It is like his own secret agenda that he wanted them together, and let them decide themselves. He knew Jongkook too well. Jong kook didn't complain when HaHa tried to ask Somin if she likes Jong kook. Lately, Jong Kook and Somin made cross, HaHa smiles and said it is great in a normal tone that he's happy to see them like that secretly. He didn't go nuts or crazy to make them uncomfortable like he did for chanmin, spartace, and several of Jong Kook's loveline.

Somin did mention that she'll only announce when she plan to get married.

Well I never find lovelines confusing in RM before as I only know all lovelines involved are fake and just business like.  In fact I could never understand why lovelines are needed in Korean variety shows to which my friend told me that they need some entertainment in the show because they need to keep the audience interest going, since they have ratings also which makes me feel that variety shows in Korea are very competitive and lovelines only happen in Korea and is somehow like a culture there.

4 hours ago, JialingGO said:

Did you somehow forget that Jongkook is the king of lovelines? He mentioned in 1 of the episode where he's partnered with Hana where Haha called about 30+ girls "sister in law" in the show. His fans will be damn busy for sending death threats to every girl involved in the loveline with him in the show.

Remember Seo Eun-soo who is 1 of his loveline in RM before came back for the 2nd time but she never say that she received death threats from his fans for involving in the loveline with him? So it's a prove that death threats sent to HJY are not by his fans rather it's toxic Spartace fans sending as mentioned by @kookminclan RunningMan~~

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jasjas said:

Remember Seo Eun-soo who is 1 of his loveline in RM before came back for the 2nd time.

I don't think they even teased her with him when she appeared the second time. Might be because Jinyoung kind of overshadowed all the guests in that episode. 

• Like 4

Spartace fans will definitely be the most bothered if KJK and JSM were to be dating, they have this really strong belief that SJH and KJK are a match made in heaven. With me even though I ship Kookmin, I feel like I would respect both of them if they ended up with other people at the end of the day it's their lives. 

I feel like spartace fans are actually reeling at the fact that Somin and Jongkook have gotten this close, they really never saw it coming. They are putting meaning to even the most smallest of acts between KJK and SJH, accounts that have big followings don't show it but I think they feel quite threatened by the relationship between KJK and JSM. There's even this one account that acts under the pretence that they "like" Somin while simultaneously saying bad things about her, this account actually grates on my nerves. It's so obvious that they don't like JSM but they claim that they are merely giving constructive criticism........ give me a break. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, YellowDress said:

Which account? That sunny again? 

• Like 2