[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

1 hour ago, PhoenixEmeralda said:

@JialingGO I don’t think the reporter was viewing it negatively I think she was more including any pairs that had some type of romantic area in the show. Spartace they had an obvious loveline, chanmin are the official loveline right now, forbidden couple has had jokes about being romantically involved, and kookmin were asked whether they liked each other and how they could end up getting married. So, I believe she included them for that reason.

You could be right. 

however, I think she include it if it is negative part about kookmin is how he deals with loveline for somin. He had to push her to other lovelines beside himself. That could have looked that it hurts somin’s pride. The choice of men is not really somin’s type. He must have done it By the order of the pds. Why would he push chanmin when sechan was uncomfortable? Why he didn’t stop when somin went opposite when sechan accepted her? The chemistry wasn’t there so I think as if it is quite negative that everyone knows it wasn’t real but they forced it. Jihyo was supportive of the loveline but not very vocal. She is like asking somin to open up her heart rather than considering her feelings but going along without any enthusiasm. To me, they consider sechan’s feelings and well being more than her. Yep, she likes sechan, but she is already clear that she doesn’t go beyond the line. There was little chemistry but close friendship. They know her well but took advantage of her friendliness and kindness from her heart to treat sechan with sensitivity. She was very sensitive when it comes to others, others didn’t do same for her in some ways. That is why I wish jihyo should unleash her gangster image, and demand for more male guests or ask other guys to shut up. Somin is quite similar to jong kook who had to put up with their variety persona to get advantage of as if they don’t mind it would ruin their image. 

running man didn’t consider kookmin as official loveline. They consider it as harmless speculation or jokes (dating and marriage question). The reporter must have notice the chemistry that she tied them together because It made chanmin loveline very forced. Even kookchan loveline is also forced. What is not forced is kookmin. But they don’t want to admit it. I also notice that jong kook is the one making the move on her recently. Maybe the reporter forgot in the past that somin was the one who made the move first. 

I was thinking that somin has some kind of leadership in her that she doesn’t force upon a person. She was able to warm up jong kook consistently and with wits. I love it how she try to make him smile and more talkative. When jong kook was grouped with her especially with makanes, he looked like he is finally home. He was very funny, and tried to get into somin’s good side. He sulks so cutely, and got over with it quickly. When he was teamed with somin and sechan, he felt at ease chatting and sharing with them that they seem very close Enjoying each other’s company. Somin was able to read the situation to open up Jong kook when she points out the bromance. It brings more skits and laughs among them without compromising their real feelings they may want to keep private. It seems like somin knows how to deal with jong kook. She let jong kook reveal his real self little bit on his own accord. He share the things he likes to do with his girlfriend. Kookmin really have a good team work, natural chemistry, rapport, and deep care for each other. They both have very protective instincts towards each other too. That makes kookmin very special. When he pushes somin into other lovelines beside himself, it didn’t ruin kookmin, but made the lovelines so weird in some ways. That it is best for kookmin to be together. It always go back to them. However the misunderstanding could have happen if the feelings are true but best to keep it private. It is like they sort of going through this like stopped answering her IG. And pushing her to other lovelines probably as distraction. However, beside the reporter’s negative opinion on lovelines, I think knetizens are talking among themselves whether kookmin may be real. 

• Like 3

The silver lining of this worn out media circus is that the RM writers, PD’s and RM members will now have to look at what they do much closer and play smarter, I mean they have too honestly, you cannot get this badly dragged and not re-evaluate what you’re doing. 

Do I believe this means RM will be freed of lovelines? Honestly, no! Just by the fact that Chanmin wasn’t the face of the scandal. Articles but especially comments mentioned how tired they are of RM using lovelines as a crutches. Also the fact that this loveline hasn’t helped ratings, nor has it brought really extremely positive buzz from the media... but I feel that won’t stop them from continuing it. They may dialed it down a little though, will see. 

March is made for new beginnings, maknae PD Choi Bo Pil starts his term and I’m excited to see his new fresh ideas. I hope he considers concentrating more on the members natural chemistry and not on exhausted lovelines. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Though it would be great if the loveline stopped after this but considering they both are shooting a commercial together it’s obviously going to keep going. The fact that chanmin are getting such attention that they even do a commercial together Is probably telling that they are going to continue this whole loveline thing. Basically a remake of Monday couple <_< let’s pray cho bo pil likes the idea of a family dynamic instead of love connections in the show.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PhoenixEmeralda said:

Though it would be great if the loveline stopped after this but considering they both are shooting a commercial together it’s obviously going to keep going. The fact that chanmin are getting such attention that they even do a commercial together Is probably telling that they are going to continue this whole loveline thing. Basically a remake of Monday couple <_< let’s pray cho bo pil likes the idea of a family dynamic instead of love connections in the show.

Yeah that's the only hope.  Bo pil directing the show in a family dynamic. I think they think because the lovelines are false and viewers know that it's better but it's what makes it harder to watch in my opinion. Somin's energy keeps going down for the loveline and she's the one driving it so if they want to keep pushing it, I wonder how they will manage. At the end of the day, though she might find it hard going against her sunbaes it's up to somin to reject the loveline if she doesn't want it. It will be hard with her being the maknae and not a long time member but if she's really tired of it I hope she finds the courage to put her foot down. Glum Somin isn't her look and even if they still want to keep on with it, I hope all the members let her do her thing at least without bringing ysc up or associating it with him. Happy they got a commercial at least out of this, hope it goes well.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

my two cents:

this article is also problematic so just be cautious before you toe its line. from whatever i know, there is a section among the disgruntled women in korea tired of its extremely patriarchal structures who go the other extreme where everything gets viewed through the lens of sexism. you remember the lks controversy? granted the word lks used was problematic but it went to the extent where death petitions were sent to the blue house. there also, the controversy was because lks used a derogatory word for a female guest. when kjk sang speechless, i read comments that accused him of appropriating a woman's song. so some of these things get viewed out of context and blown up beyond what they are. 

this article refuses to see the whole forbidden couple in its context. it singles out the women - jsm and sjh - as the victims and paints the male members as well as the majority of the male staff as responsible for the fiasco. sjh rarely speaks up when much of the teasing goes on. however, she has been one of the most active when it comes to pushing chanmin. so making it seem as if it is the male members who always push the lovelines is not right.

forbidden couple started as a joke long back when those airplane photos came out where knetz thought jsm and jsj were holding hands. it was again brought up last year when jsj would interfere in the chanmin loveline. everyone participated in it with people saying suk jin could have hidden feelings. i can remember at least 2-3 times where jsm herself joked about it. the joke didn't upset anybody at that time. i wonder why is it that the journalist has no problem with the haha-ji hyo loveline on the show which also, if you are so picky, is something that should make a married man uncomfortable? is it that since a woman makes the joke about a married male member being hers, it is fine? 

was the spartace loveline started by kjk?? he, in fact, was quite uncomfortable with the idea and said it was not natural quite a number of times on air when it was pushed on the show but nobody made it into a 'man is being discriminated' thing. didn't jsm joke on michuri about wanting to break up her male co-star and his girlfriend? that was taken as a joke, not as a woman trying to discriminate against a man.

yeah, lovelines are forced on rm when it is totally unnecessary but it is not just the women who have suffered. did ysc want this loveline? he also looked quite uncomfortable when it started. 

i do understand that for many korean women, it is quite hard because the society is so patriarchal. there have been many instances where there have been real cases of gender discrimination and the korean #metoo wave which both jsm and sjh responded is a case in point. however, singling out this one instance without taking things into context is also deeply problematic. there is also the other side of korean entertainment where female comedians get away with many things in the name of entertainment which would be frowned upon for a male entertainer. anyone remember sbs awards where lee gook joo dragged kjk to the stage and forcefully pecked him on the lips? that part was edited out of the live broadcast and was captured only in fancams but anybody could see it was deeply uncomfortable for kjk.

forcing lovelines is definitely old fashioned thinking and in this case, it was taken too far. it is wise to warn against a trend where married people get pushed into lovelines with single women even as a joke. however, things have to be seen in context and if you make it into a gender discrimination issue, you have to see the other side of the picture as well.

this is also a variety show where many lines get crossed to create laughter. such articles which pit the male members against female members like this would do more harm than good. so just be cautious when you approach something like this because it can create trouble in the rm fandom. 

Yes please dont take the article seriously, because basically they just included the issue about the forbidden couple and add about women rights/problematic cases in their industry and so on..

Nowadays RM articles never had this kind of comments with so many upvotes/downvotes. This article is just a pit for haters. Everyone just jump there to hate. I just put that info here to point out that the koreans are counting KookMin as a LL which is funny for me at first because they were never a LL in the show but now, It actually shows that they are not even an avid viewer of the show but quick to things like this.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, JialingGO said:

Now, everyone is questioning about the reporter mentioning Kook-min in one of the forced loveline she does not approve. What do you think? We have thought kook-min was more natural, I am trying to see how the reporter view this loveline negatively? 

i don't think the reporter is someone who watches rm regularly going by how they introduced forbidden couple as something that was forced out of nowhere when that joke has been there for at least a year

i think  reporters will keep talking about kookmin as a loveline till and if they declare. earlier, they used to think of them as siblings, now at least it is as a loveline.

even if kookmin is real and reporters know, they will not talk about it when writing articles.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, kukumarq1 said:

He's watching an old match because he's too stingy to pay 10 won to watch a recent match lol.

Whoever dates him can learn how to save money, and will put on weight cause he loves to eat. 

i think what he watches on the show is also something to cater to his image on MUD. When haha kept doing that love quiz with kjk to prove his love cells had died, kjk said he loves watching romantic dramas and even mentioned enjoying "when camellia blooms". but will we ever see him watch a drama like that on MUD? i don't think so.

i imagine when kjk knows he has to film in his house, he will slip into a black or grey shirt, switch off all the lights and turn on old matches on his tv. :)

when he inadvertently reveals details that show more of his personal stuff, everybody goes quiet or changes the topic. when lks mentioned the eyeliner,  all his loveline wingmen kept quiet and yjs changed the topic so fast.

when he was filming in dindin's house and food arrived, didn't he say he had left his card with his GF? Or was that a mistranslation? nobody was curious though. speaking of his card, i found it curious when kjk paid for the gas with his mom's card at the rest stop on MUD. nobody offered any explanation though kjk is someone who always offers to pay and never makes his parents pay for something like that. did he not have the card on him that day? so i find there are so many curious things about him, but when they come up, nobody bothers to question him further.

let me add to that kjk's interest in jsm's book. nobody is curious why he brought that book, why he is trying to read it between breaks or what he and jsm were doing all by themselves during the snowgazing episode

• Like 2
  • Insightful 7

26 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

i think what he watches on the show is also something to cater to his image on MUD. When haha kept doing that love quiz with kjk to prove his love cells had died, kjk said he loves watching romantic dramas and even mentioned enjoying "when camellia blooms". but will we ever see him watch a drama like that on MUD? i don't think so.

Of course he does. I think his k-fans have called out the scripted parts of his segment on twitter. He's even had to explain that he's not as bad as the show portrays him to be.

From what I've seen on Naver and such, people also have a problem with the way the show portrays people who either don't want to get married, or just haven't gotten married yet. They don't like that they are implying non-married men and women are pathetic. 

28 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

when he was filming in dindin's house and food arrived, didn't he say he had left his card with his GF? Or was that a mistranslation? nobody was curious though.

Yea, he did. But, since he's known to treat his girlfriends well, people didn't question it. His ex-girlfriend, the one they brought up in that episode, was Chae Rina who is in the group Roo'Ra.

Right before she got married, she wrote a really long letter to Jong Kook. She wrote about how although they weren't right for each other, even if she treated him badly sometimes, he never once treated her badly. If anyone remembers, she was also the one who cheated on him with his back dancer. 

33 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

speaking of his card, i found it curious when kjk paid for the gas with his mom's card at the rest stop on MUD. nobody offered any explanation though kjk is someone who always offers to pay and never makes his parents pay for something like that. did he not have the card on him that day? so i find there are so many curious things about him, but when they come up, nobody bothers to question him further.

That comes under the scripted parts of the episode. I actually don't know why this show is suddenly trying to make him image become more pathetic? I think even HaHa has had to explain that Jong Kook is not so incapable of dating, he's just very careful about who he lets into his heart. 

Start from 7:28 onwards...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 6

2 hours ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

i imagine when kjk knows he has to film in his house, he will slip into a black or grey shirt, switch off all the lights and turn on old matches on his tv. :)

when he inadvertently reveals details that show more of his personal stuff, everybody goes quiet or changes the topic. when lks mentioned the eyeliner,  all his loveline wingmen kept quiet and yjs changed the topic so fast.

when he was filming in dindin's house and food arrived, didn't he say he had left his card with his GF? Or was that a mistranslation? nobody was curious though. speaking of his card, i found it curious when kjk paid for the gas with his mom's card at the rest stop on MUD. nobody offered any explanation though kjk is someone who always offers to pay and never makes his parents pay for something like that. did he not have the card on him that day? so i find there are so many curious things about him, but when they come up, nobody bothers to question him further.

let me add to that kjk's interest in jsm's book. nobody is curious why he brought that book, why he is trying to read it between breaks or what he and jsm were doing all by themselves during the snowgazing episode

Hi,

Yes, MUD is very scripted and KJK likely does what you described. Actually, some fans even speculated that he purchased another flat elsewhere as his real home while this MUD flat is just rented for MUD filming purposes (less hassle).

1 hour ago, kukumarq1 said:

Yea, he did. But, since he's known to treat his girlfriends well, people didn't question it. His ex-girlfriend, the one they brought up in that episode, was Chae Rina who is in the group Roo'Ra.

Right before she got married, she wrote a really long letter to Jong Kook. She wrote about how although they weren't right for each other, even if she treated him badly sometimes, he never once treated her badly. If anyone remembers, she was also the one who cheated on him with his back dancer. 

To add on, the GF that Kim Hee chul mentioned is likely her as well. Please do not think that KJK is controlling her by discouraging her from learning to drive. I think she actually mentioned that she had went through traumatic car accidents which may have left her scared of driving.

@kukumarq1 hihi, sorry to side track a bit because you knew way more than me but do you mind letting me know (even if through PM ;)) who fans think is the 'famous actress' that confessed to him but he turned her down because he is attached (likely to be the period he is dating Chae Rina)?

2 hours ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

speaking of his card, i found it curious when kjk paid for the gas with his mom's card at the rest stop on MUD. nobody offered any explanation though kjk is someone who always offers to pay and never makes his parents pay for something like that. did he not have the card on him that day?

Hi, I think the show is portraying that they pay using the mum's card because she is a member or her card has rebates etc. This is quite common, when you can use someone's card to make payment and earn rebates/membership points but pay the person back later in private.

In all, very happy that JSM has a commercial, though not sure how it will affect Kookmin if the Korean viewers are shipping Chanmin. Especially since we have all seen how public pressure can affect (positive & negative) a relationship between 2 celebs (dating or non-dating).:frown:

Thanks.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, AB_fan said:

@kukumarq1 hihi, sorry to side track a bit because you knew way more than me but do you mind letting me know (even if through PM ;)) who fans think is the 'famous actress' that confessed to him but he turned her down because he is attached (likely to be the period he is dating Chae Rina)?

Yea, my DMs are always open.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, autumnflowers said:

Did he admit that he is dating someone? 

If the Jong Kook fandom actually cared about his dating life, we might have actually found out by now. But since, no one even cares, no one has bothered to poke around. They just want a new album already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ashima mahajan said:

Do guys remember that episode where all the members had to eat ice cream which was not tasty and somin asked jongkook to eat hers. And jongkook ate for her. If remember can you tell me which episode that was?

Episode 444

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AB_fan said:

Hi,

SBS seems like going to take a gamble on this. I read somewhere that states that not just main PD is leaving, but 6 of the writers are leaving too.

Thanks.

Hi,

Ah, no wonder there are 6 other name tags. Mi Yeon Jakka (between JH and Somin) also one of them.