[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

2 hours ago, PhoenixEmeralda said:

You can tell how the loveline had brought her down. Even when she was filming a drama and had to travel hours back and forth to still make the runningman shooting she still had amazing energy. I feel like the mix of the members/staff ganging up on her and the fact that she seems to be going trough things in her real life really pushed her to the sidelines. I hope cho bil pd will drop the lovelines for good and let everyone be natural, and I also hope somin can get through her hard time.

Somin's 2019 drama, Top Star UBaek is a very nice drama. It is not really too comedic but it has good acting, plot, and scenarios together. The chemistry is good. They were upstaged by the Sky Castle. Most of the actors were famous for second leads. It was really good feeling drama. Not intense like Sky Castle. However the reviews were stellar despite the lack of viewing in a right timing. Many fans were complaining that they wish they show it in right timing. They even want to grab their friends hair to watch it together.  It is not cheesy romance. It has a very good story and plot. Somin and her team worked really hard for that drama. Jiseok had to take hiatus from it. Somin didn't. It was very difficult shooting for all of them. But Somin always put her brave face to get through it. Also I think her haircut has affected her new acting or CF gigs. Her short hair is made for making her to shed image to become country bumpkin. Despite the failing ratings, she did her job well to the end. I really suggest you to watch that drama. 

RM gives her creative foundation to go beyond looks or etc for creativity. She shares her comedic acts, wittiness, and affectionate nature. Her talkativeness and wits are almost at par with Jaesuk. Her slapstick comedy has improve with Kwangsoo. Somin has worked really hard and kept shedding her image from time to time. She had to face international fan meet. There were several posts- even Hong Kong ones- they were attacking her from left to right. They even tag to her IG and even RM members as well. It was her dedication to her craft whatever is laid before her, she is determined to do well. She let RM do whatever they can do to use her image for jokes or etc. She felt that she owe it to them. I have to say that RM really owe it to her. They did give her award and recognition for what she had done. I have to say that she has earned the very respect from the person who has been through the same thing she did: Kim Jong Kook. HIs path and road were very rough and painful. He will face the backlash for promoting forbidden loveline. He did it for the game. That's a lot for him to deal this in order to keep RM going. He is doing his job. Yes, he will be criticised. It is actually a misunderstanding that it was part of the game. It goes same thing for Kwangsoo who had to take criticism from netizens for pulling Jong Kook's pants and said gold digger to one of the female guests. Somin, Jong Kook, and Kwangsoo all have gone through that. It is something that makes variety shows more real and more intense to bring entertainment. I really wonder why PD and staff decided to put Sukjin-Somin joke into another level, and why make it so real like variety gossip news. It shows no respect to Sukjin's family, and Somin herself too. It was harder on Somin because she is single. To brand her as variety mistress is too much. I dont think Jong Kook is aware that they will edit it as if it wasn't a game. In the game, they were asked to play the game with rules with script of how things could be done. It was very tricky part. I think Jong Kook felt really bad of how he did it that could have hurt Sukjin and Somin. Netizens think it hurts sukjin and his family. His family knows and understood his role and its joke. But Somin, who is looking for husband-- no one would give her chance to understand her. Her mom would be very upset with it. 

I also find it interesting of how Jong Kook handles Somin's lovelines as if she is already taken that she let them do lovelines for her especially with Chan-min. Her loveline with Chan-min is quite a mess because it does not build up naturally. It just jumped in with skits and more pushing then shoving in. It was so awkward and messy. Somin goes back and forth, then Sukjin scold her for messing it up. She should have stop at the part that her parents asked for Sechan's number. Then all of sudden she said how she can marry sechan. There won't be a wedding. HaHa's position makes it so awkward. If Jong kook wants to help Somin to find a husband or make her have dates or etc, he wouldnt encourage her to take crazy make ups, setting her up with other guys beside himself but end it up like a twist, made her other lovelines as a joke, even butting in her loveline, and I could go on. Somin just let it be that she wasn't afraid or too worried as if she trust someone that he will be loyal to her when she shed her image and getting to chan-min loveline as if she is taken. I mean it is too much to put her in chan-min loveline in public if she is taken. Fortune teller said her ties is with older guy. So, there is someone out there for her. Sechan could be her back up. Just because they have taffy like relationship would make him perfect husband for her. It does feel like Somin is taken by someone. That person who is helping and encouraging her is someone she likes. The way Jong kook commented that he likes female comedians that he finds them charming, and how silly make ups will impress him even more. He knows that would not work for other guys. He didn't lecture her to be ladylike. He is encouraging her to go outside of the box as if he is responsible for her direction. Two of them are very strange. Even Jaesuk may not  have control over it. The time Sechan and Somin have cute and natural interaction was the time Jong kook is not close to Somin. Sechan also have very strong skinship with Jihyo in the beginning. 

I have to say that RM members can really hurt the chemistry of Somin and Sukjin badly for making them as forbidden couple. They also miscalculate it. Somin and Sukjin do have good comedic chemistry that they can tease each other with jokes that made each other look bad for funny reason. Like Somin accused Sukjin for asking her how to travel alone. Jong Kook would support the joke. Sukjin made comment on Somin's face. It goes back and forth. It is very deep korean way of joking with one another. It was one of the classic jokes and comedy Sukjin and Somin made. They should have not make it too consistent when loveline for them as a joke. They just recently tease Sukjin and Somin in last episode. The PD miscalculated it. The current one is part of the game. It makes sense to frame Sukjin with Somin because of the game. It was really funny. But it was too consistent. They shouldn't have made into loveline with sukjin when he was scolding Somin for dealing with Chan-min loveline that everyone started to gang on him for being jealous.

I think Chan-min loveline will continue, Sukjin-Somin loveline will disappear immediately. They just need loveline as a backup as if anything happens. Now there is coronavirus outbreak and Kwangsoo's hiatus, it would be more pressure on Somin, Jaesuk, and Jong Kook. Jong Kook has been doing well these days. Now they will welcome regular guests for trial to see its dynamics and probably new concept to test the waters. Without Kwangsoo, it is going to more difficult. We will see how it goes. 

If Running Man ended, I think Somin won't have trouble to find another gigs. I think Jaesuk have plans for her. A lot of variety shows will be running after Somin. For acting gigs, it will take time. She will get variety or talk show offer faster. She will continue her literary endeavours as well. Her path is more of teaching that she will be successful in. It could be a talk show that will offer her to teach some things like cooking shows or sharing about something to educate audience about. Somin will be wonderful for that. She can share her comedic skits with any guests. She already proved her worth among members, colleagues, staffs, and friends for her work ethic and creativity. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, kukumarq1 said:

This is not the first time the show has let the Jong Kook and the other members deal with any controversies created by the editing team.

Is it because he plays the villain that they think it's okay to let him get all the backlash? Even when Yoo Jae Suk and HaHa were the ones to start to affair allegations, it's Jong Kook who they're blaming because he has the villain role.

And now, it's Somin and Jong Kook who have to deal with it. Forbidden couple was fun for awhile, but they went too far and now this gag has to be retired.

Let's retire the maknae loveline as well. Somin doesn't mind playing along with it, what she minds is whatever she does is now linked to Sechan.

The girl is clearly more than capable enough to stand on her own. I hope that if they add Han Na in, we get the loose screw sisters instead. They can be the new loveline if they really need one.

I love the thought of loose screw sisters: HaNa, Somin, and Jihyo. All of them have their flaws that is perfect for variety comedy! I think Jihyo would have fun with that too! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, kukumarq1 said:

This is not the first time the show has let the Jong Kook and the other members deal with any controversies created by the editing team.

Is it because he plays the villain that they think it's okay to let him get all the backlash? Even when Yoo Jae Suk and HaHa were the ones to start to affair allegations, it's Jong Kook who they're blaming because he has the villain role.

And now, it's Somin and Jong Kook who have to deal with it. Forbidden couple was fun for awhile, but they went too far and now this gag has to be retired.

They're blaming Jong Kook ? Why on earth ! What did he do so wrong, point out that there is a very obvious sticker of JSM in JSJ's car, which was clearly put in there just to create laughs? 

As pointed out, there could be a whole scenario where members have to prove their innocence and yesterday's episode of framing members was the set up. 

Edit - This forbidden couple LL kind of shows that all lovelines are just for fun and not to be taken seriously. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YellowDress said:

They're blaming Jong Kook ? Why on earth ! What did he do so wrong, point out that there is a very obvious sticker of JSM in JSJ's car, which was clearly put in there just to create laughs? 

As pointed out, there could be a whole scenario where members have to prove their innocence and yesterday's episode of framing members was the set up. 

I have to watch the whole thing but I can tell they misunderstood or got too invested on anyone supporting the forbidden couple too much or too often. It is getting too consistent rather than a joke. Jong kook was in center of the game to frame sukjin. The editing make it too real like gossip rather than just a game itself. He is also known for making straightforward and brazen jokes. He did it to jihyo connecting to Gary for The return of superman. It drove international netizens crazy. Sukjin and somin’s connection drove kneitzens crazy. Somin and jong kook both had to take heavy weight to put into bad spotlight for the connections. Isn’t also a coincidence?  

just to let you know that it wasn’t first time they had to deal with knetizens bad reaction to it. Kwangsoo had gone through it before. And I think jong kook is used to it especially for those who knew him well and his humour. He would never mean to hurt someone or insult them or put in wrong light. Jong kook in a way is older and mature. He has somin to worry about for now. She has gone through a lot with these kind of jokes. However, he balance it out with chanmin that her mom wouldn’t be so angry at him. Her mom is known for liking sechan. I think she will take jong kook as consideration for his protectiveness and care for somin. She knows sukjin was intended for a joke. And editors put it in a wrong way. He has been very consistent trying to involve somin into screentime and conversation and topic. He is very consistent with that that she deserve to be part of the heart and soul of running man. Because of that, he started to do well and participating it with joy and interest that he has not done before. 

and yes, somin needs to be free from lovelines. But I wonder how it would affect kookmin chemistry. Usually lovelines serve as distraction. But love triangle between kookmin and sechan is good too. It is balance of joke and chemistry. They seem to enjoy the skits. Kneitzens like it too. Jong kook seems to be more at ease with somin around. He trusted her to do the job well and not create scandals with him. But they couldn’t help with their feelings and closeness. 

With Kwangsoo taking hiatus, it could be good Opportunity to somin to stand out to prove her place. It would be fun to watch jaesuk, jong kook, and somin to work together to lead the team. Sechan and jihyo can lead with quizzes and games to bring comedy. I think sechan really needs Kwangsoo now. But he can do well with somin and jong kook together. Having regular guest can bring new and fresher chemistry. So Kwangsoo won’t have to carry the burden on his own. He deserves better. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, kukumarq1 said:

Let's retire the maknae loveline as well. Somin doesn't mind playing along with it, what she minds is whatever she does is now linked to Sechan.

The girl is clearly more than capable enough to stand on her own. I hope that if they add Han Na in, we get the loose screw sisters instead. They can be the new loveline if they really need one.

Hi,

Yes, members often had to bear the brunt for SBS, more so since KJK is supposed to take on the bully/villain/bad person role. Actually, I am starting to incline more & more towards KJK leaving RM to get married after he ensured that the cast can stand in for his missing space.

Just to check if anyone happens to find the manuscript for PD Chulmin's final interview whereby he supposedly provided some quotes on each and every member? I believe it will shed some light on the members so I am interested to find out what he said on each member.

I saw in Chinese weibo for KJK that PD Chulmin supposedly said about KJK that "even if KJK seems bad/nasty, he will still support you (presumably PD) to do what you would like to do"...something about those lines. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4473606970658066

credits to 圆梦KJK.

Thanks. :)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

9 minutes ago, AB_fan said:

I saw in Chinese weibo for KJK that PD Chulmin supposedly said about KJK that "even if KJK seems bad/nasty, he will still support you (presumably PD) to do what you would like to do"...something about those lines. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4473606970658066

credits to 圆梦KJK.

Thanks. :)

He's always been too kind for his own good. Even the other members have brought up how he looks tough, but he has a soft heart.

I don't think he will ever leave the show. He's too loyal, and even after the whole firing controversy, he was the one who persuaded the rest of the members to continue on.

I wish Naver would quickly close their comments section already, instead of continually announcing that they have plans to do so, yet 3 months later, nothing has been done yet.

The only reason why this so called controversy is bigger than it is, is mostly due to the fact that Jong Kook's antis are having a field day. They will do anything to bring him down.

Back when Jong Kook appeared on MUD with his nieces and aunts, his antis kicked up a fuss, and his niece had to release a statement about how she wanted to make some memories with her uncle before she got married.

They will find any reason, no matter how tiny, to hate on him. All because he has had scoliosis since he was young, and couldn't enter into active service.

He can easily sue them for their actions, but he's not doing so. And honestly, as a long-time fan, I really wish he would do so.

• Like 7

The thieves and framer game is so funny. I like it a lot. Kneitzens have gone too far to put jong kook in hot seat for framing sukjin. It is just a game. I think it is getting too silly just reminding me of how knetizens deal with Monday couple. 

for those who are inclining for jong kook to leave rm to release from his villainous and tough roles he had to partake, wish him all happiness and the best. 

however I do think his chemistry and partnership with somin is very charming for running man variety. He has changed a lot with somin too. He has become funnier and talkative. He has been slowly leaving his old persona. I think his brazen sense of humour will always remain part of who he is, and would not apologise or change it. I think somin has accepted his sense of humour that she also shared the same too. She is also known for being brazen as well. It feels like they share same humour. I think having somin around him is good for him on and off screen. I think with somin around, jong kook wouldn’t take the criticism and misunderstanding from kneitzens too much with somin around. He teased her, she plays along with it even though she gets annoyed. I hope jong kook sees somin the way we see them together. There is chemistry and comfort with each other. I hope he chooses her. If he ended up with someone else, I wish him the best. 

I think the relationship between kookmin is very enduring and endearing comparing to his old running man days. His old running man persona does made him quite lonely. When somin around, he has open up a lot. I hope he continues to do with somin until he announces his happiness. 

jong kook is very essential part of running man but he doesn’t deserve the misunderstanding. I think this time, he has liven up little bit because of somin. No matter what the circumstances are, somin is there. I felt that there is something that jong kook May not leave yet or brood more or become distant because of the criticism. I think this time will be different. I got the feeling that somin will always try to cheer him up. They have very good friendship and bond with each other. 

Wishing him the best and our kookmin hearts. Good luck to us all too! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I don't see kjk leaving RM like that. he will just take it in its stride as he always does. he is so used to antis that he doesn't let it bother him beyond a point. they will always be there, going crazy because he is not falling as they want him to. when any little thing comes up, they will try to tear him apart by bringing back that MS issue. Like he said at the fanmeet, he doesn't even want fans to defend him against his antis even if they feel he is being attacked unfairly. he just wants his fans to tell the anti to hang in there. that means he knows the hate is not directed at him because he has committed a sin, but that the anti needs someone to vent their hatred on and he is just a target. 

kjk has his brazen sense of humor and may say stuff nobody else says, but he lives unapologetically in public. If he feels he has crossed a line, he will apologize to the person in private. He has said it before too, that during nametag ripping games in the past at a time when his back was hurting him, he would be aggressive with guests. after the shoot, he would always apologize to them. 

Just because he doesn't go around saying he is hurt, people think he is a machine. I also think he is pretty self aware and analytical. he does his job whether he likes it or not. if he makes mistakes, he will correct them on the way. I also feel a lot of netz underestimate his relationship with suk jin. suk jin is his older hyung, the one he can nag and say anything to, but who also loves and appreciates him for the kind of guy he is. suk jin is so close to yjs and indebted to him too, but when asked to choose between kjk and yjs on the radio show, he couldn't choose between them. Jsj said he hated them both. Lol

that said, I hope kjk will also be careful about when to end a joke, not because netz will hate him, but because one of his new year resolutions was to be more mindful of the words he says. i am his fan because he doesn't hide his flaws, but embraces them and tries to outgrow them. 

• Like 8

i don't think many jsm fans know that kjk has regular korean antis who bring up his military service to bring him down. they make it as if he evaded duty or something when the army doctors, seeing his acute scoliosis, recommended civil duty instead of active service. kjk got called away for army duty at the height of his career, when he had just won his 3 daesangs. that was the worst time for him to leave because he had just made it big after a long struggle.

by the time he came back, the music scene had changed. kjk served his civil duty efficiently but when he came back, the allegation was that he should have gone for active duty since he is strong and athletic. kjk always says if he had known it would get controversial, he would have gone for active duty against the doctor's advice. but at that time, he had no idea and was more worried about the loss of two years for his career. 

he has reacted to the antis only once. https://www.soompi.com/article/913125wpp/kim-jong-kook-enough-people-judging-not-serving-military 

they continue to bark at him. last episode doesn't also sit well with them because he won after long in a name-tag ripping game. you can scroll through the comments and you can see the rants against his win. so this coupled with the forbidden couple article just gives them added ammunition. 

with people like kjk who are straight-shooters and extreme hard workers, you either love them or hate them. for some korean men, he brings out all their complexes, so they get jealous. even if kookmin get together, trust me, there will be k-netz antis targetting him just like there will be i-netz antis for jsm. this is just a guess, but there will be more support from korean men for someone like ysc who is more accessible than kjk who is more intimidating. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 2

Hi,

Thanks for the opinions. I agree with you all that KJK is too loyal for his own good to leave RM, so thought I should clarify because I noticed the previous statement seems misleading.:sweat_smile:

Actually I meant I am one of the fans who leans toward not wanting to see KJK keep shouldering the bully/villian role. Yes he told us not to defend him, but we still feel sorry for him when we see the load on his shoulders. So I want to see him take on more roles which shows his true self, his softer side. The side which his mum says he is not her son; he is her daughter.:blush:

This is also why the Shootdori is gaining traction amongst his fans. It shows his softer and more realistic side of how he adores children.  While it is wishful thinking, I would want to imagine if he could have shows similar to themes like How do you play, the return of superman, labourhood on hire (okay this may be too taxing for his back n gout) etc. In short, shows which does not require him to act aggressive and be the nasty guy.:rolleyes:

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

they continue to bark at him. last episode doesn't also sit well with them because he won after long in a name-tag ripping game. you can scroll through the comments and you can see the rants against his win. so this coupled with the forbidden couple article just gives them added ammunition. 

Adding to this, there are also some very die-hard Yoo Jae Suk fans who have a errant dislike for Jong Kook.

Both Jong Kook and Yoo Jae Suk have worked together since 2001. They started together in Amazing Saturday, and then went onto Dream Team, X-Man, Family Outing and now Running Man.

But because, out of everyone who is in Yoo-Line, Jong Kook is probably the only one who dares to diss Yoo Jae Suk on national television. Make no mistake! The disses are mutual, and Yoo Jae Suk often mentions Jong Kook on all of his shows citing "ah Jong Kook would have liked this."

With that, his die-hard fans often write negative comments whenever Jong Kook wins on the show, and the Korean Jong Kook fans have often called them out on it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 4

23 minutes ago, AB_fan said:

Hi,

Thanks for the opinions. I agree with you all that KJK is too loyal for his own good to leave RM, so thought I should clarify because I noticed the previous statement seems misleading.:sweat_smile:

Actually I meant I am one of the fans who leans toward not wanting to see KJK keep shouldering the bully/villian role. Yes he told us not to defend him, but we still feel sorry for him when we see the load on his shoulders. So I want to see him take on more roles which shows his true self, his softer side. The side which his mum says he is not her son; he is her daughter.:blush:

This is also why the Shootdori is gaining traction amongst his fans. It shows his softer and more realistic side of how he adores children.  While it is wishful thinking, I would want to imagine if he could have shows similar to themes like How do you play, the return of superman, labourhood on hire (okay this may be too taxing for his back n gout) etc. In short, shows which does not require him to act aggressive and be the nasty guy.:rolleyes:

Thanks.

same here. that is why i fell for kookmin in the first place. just felt jsm could bring back his older pre-rm self when he was known for his romantic image. 

i just love when kjk is with his family on rm. his niece scolds him about his english pronunciation and he sweetly says he will try to pronounce better next time. aww... i can't with the niece looking so pitifully at him when his aunt nags him about getting married and he just keeps his head down. it is like she wants to protect him but don't know how. he is so soft when he is with family. 

anyway, just hope this is the next bend in the road. i pray so hard for him to get his happiness. hope his gf/wife sits beside him next time he meets his aunt. 

• Like 7

There are more awareness about jong kook after yesterday episode. It wasn’t even the target of his humour or misbehaviour that we witness something we see from somin’s anti fanbase targeting her every whims she committed. She was floozy, playful, crazy, too endearing, and bit airhead in first impression. Jong kook even thought of her that way earlier. The way she goes opposite of his direction and creating persona between them that she is afraid Of him but he is annoyed with her. He called her clueless during their second meeting. 

I am actually running man fan first. I am foreigner. So jong kook didn’t come to my very respect yet because he came to me as running man persona. He is rather handsome, intelligent, and man of few words. His tough persona was perfect his role for his variety among the members. They need someone like him. However we see jaesuk someone who is reliable and sought after. But in reality, there were actually many great leaderships among the members. I also see jong kook quite lonely in his role and very intimidating but his friends and members weren’t actually afraid of him. They went too far to tick him off. His persona was showing but inside, he just went along with it. Sometimes to describe a person real nature is how his friends choose him. Most of his friends are talkative, soft hearted, humorous, brazen, affectionate, hard working, straight shooter, and etc. Among them, his friends often said jong kook is softest among them. 

Jong kook’s persona started to make him more lonely in some ways. He is also hardest working and have put up a lot with roles that could make him even more intimidating and tough in some ways. When YouTube became popular, you can watch some parts of interview from his past with English subs. It was filled with recommendation list. I watched healing camp, strong heart, and some interviews he had sharing how he has gone through. I have been aware he has some anti fans but I thought after he explains the side of his story, it would change the minds among them. I am tone deaf so I don’t really know him too well as a singer but he was very integral part of running man with his own persona. He balances so well with Kwangsoo and jaesuk’s persona. It was fun to watch them dealing with each other. 

I was never Spartace nor Monday couple fans. I have a lot of respect for jihyo but she was not always consistent. She had brought joy to the show in many ways. I don’t have particular favourite but I like running man in general. Sometimes Kwangsoo, sometimes jaesuk, sometimes Gary. They all have different spectrum of talents and persona. When somin came, I began to have a favourite. I like kwangsoo but he sometimes is too much of a comedian or one role. But his partnership with somin balance his persona so well. That is what I like about kwangmin. They have good dynamics and comedic relationship. They understood each other and the comedic part of it. They play so well

together. Somin was a favourite of mine because of her personality. She is very bright, funny, adorable, witty, and endearing. She also talks very well. She has a balance of everything together. Her dynamics and sense of observation is incredible that she was able to to work so well and fast with jaesuk and Kwangsoo. She was able to carry the burden with them. I also notice jong kook is starting to fade away due to his health problem with gout. He was very moody and annoyed. He was so discouraged due to firing controversy. But still he comes to the show every single time even with gout. He was also distancing from somin. Sometimes he support her. When she drives him crazy, he gets hurt so easily. Somin and jong kook started to throw each other persona like cat and mouse dynamics. Notice somin didn’t give it up. When he was so cranky, she kept on yapping and annoying him everytime. But she looks at him with her big eyes and smile, she wasn’t afraid but she will retreat sometimes but will come back to him again. Her never ending attention and determination seems to awaken then sleeping giant. However the overseas trips were made that separates the two almost in every overseas trip except the ones in Korea. Somin has always try to get his tough side and try her best to work with him. She would pat his back when he coughs. She would cover his face when he struggle eating the ssam. She gave him flower randomly. She gives him answer and sat next to him. Despite her misunderstanding, she did her best efforts with each member including jong kook. I think jong kook is the one that touches her the most. 

when Hong jin young came into picture, she seems to be able to handle him and tame the tiger. I realise that after reading the previous comments about jong kook, I find the loveline between jin young and jong kook quite hard for me to watch. She puts jong kook like a tiger with leash, I mean, it wasn’t what I expect to see in jong kook. Jin Young is such a sweet girl and has amazing personality. Jong kook was at first uncomfortable with her when he had to act cute as if she was forcing him. I mean it was hard for me to watch how members try to create dramatic personas between them. I think jong kook hesitated because it feels forced to ask him to be cute and act rough on him to be cute. I mean, he knows he is not like that rough. He is actually very gentle in real life. However, it became their signature persona whenever you see them together. Jong kook really does need assertive woman to give him attention and open him up. But not trying to force things out of him. Even after the show, there is bit of awkwardness between jin young and jong kook. But running man kept on pushing them and taking them to trips together. Sometimes Jong kook would follow jihyo instead. She was his anchor in some ways. She is also spending more

time with sechan. Jihyo does seem like sechan a lot. He was very caring and adorable with her. I just can tell sechan likes pretty girls. Haha. 

Somin and jihyo both have some comfort aura for jong kook to rely on them. Jihyo gives him quiet comfort. Somin always give jong kook cheerful comfort and rapport. I am not comparing somin and jihyo, but I notice a bit about jihyo that I don’t think jong kook fits jihyo’s type. She is more for actors or ceo background which she may be feeling comfortable with. I like her with lee dong wook. She brightens up when she sees him. Their bickering and rapport is so cute. He was her very reliable and close friend. I wasn’t even kookmin fan. I enjoyed her interaction with dong wook. Jihyo is very thoughtful and dutiful. I can tell jong kook has interest in her but she doesn’t. So I never really thought of them together when Spartace was introduced. They do share tons of skinship and support for each other. I see things differently. I like kwangmin and kookmin a lot for romantic side. I adore mentor and student relationship between jaesuk and somin a lot. They two are incredibly funny and dorky together. Somin really brings out more flaw side of jaesuk everyone got tired of his perfection. Him speaking Japanese in feminine voice is hilarious. He has always been proud of somin under his wing. I like kwangsoo with jong kook and jaesuk a lot. Kwangsoo and jihyo are fun together but their consistency is low. 

Back to kookmin, there are so many videos of them together, and you never get tired of watching it over and over again. It feels new watching it again. I enjoy it a lot. 

Since this is kookmin blog and I am more of somin’s fan, I apologise my lack of awareness about jong kook. I do feel that as running Man fan first, I think somin brought something out from jong kook we haven’t been able to see. Somin didn’t force on jong kook to bring out his soft side or listen to her demands. She first shows her persona, her charming nature, and observation skills, jong kook also observed her. He was drawn to her. She puts him close to her. She takes time to talk to him, tease him, out wit him, think outside of the box, and etc. She has a very enduring spirit that has sense of patience, love, warmth, and affection that could reach person out. Comparing to jong kook, somin is very new so we may not be aware of somin’s past. She also had toughest time. She went though a lot too. Running man was her biggest break. As her fan, we don’t know her too well too. Somin shared her painful past in one of the  interviews. She also faced abuse from director. Her film never happened after hard work and working overtime. She also talked how her agency asked her to take plastic surgery. She left because she didn’t have money. She was scammed when she wants to debut as idol. Her manager ran away to Japan. Hers may not be par with jong kook, and she hasn’t gotten anti fans until she came to running man. She had her book releasing her poems- the rawness of her heart and dealing with break ups and her soft heart within her crazy persona, she has low self esteem that she wanted to make others laugh to make them feel better about themselves. She wrote the book of poem as a tool that you can call her if you want to drink with her and share the pain together rather than being alone. Somin has a very beautiful soul. I think it is quite a fate and coincidence that she may be the the girl Jong kook has been looking for so long time. Jong kook has tender heart. He wanted to share it with someone without compromising his real self. I saw them becoming closer in mid 2019. And eventually gotten closer than ever. He was attracted to her poems even though he find it confusing. It was something he could talk about it with her. I mean he kept on saying it is confusing but kept on commenting and asking her as if he is making excuse to open up their hearts together. They two are connected emotionally. I really do think he likes her. And I do think she likes him very much but I do think she felt that she is not good enough for him. She felt his standard is quite high. My thoughts on jong kook that he wanted to protect her like his little sister that he would never let her get hurt under his care. His way of asking sechan to be her love because of his loyalty that they would never get divorce. It depends on somin, that she will be the one to choose. I think sometimes somin has low self esteem that she would settle for sechan so she won’t get hurt again. But somin is also willing to risk it all since she is Aries after all. 

Sorry if I am going off topic about jong kook himself. I now have a lot of respect For him and his strengths. You just made kookmin even more beautiful and heart fluttering to the core!!! It feels like they are made for each other after the painful past that harden their outer self to protect their tender hearts. In that way, somin and jong kook can work together to overcome antis. I love kookmin and its natural chemistry that it feels real that they really care and love each other. They have such a deep care for each other emotionally. It is something I didn’t realise until now that two are connected because of the painful past, living in present, and hope for future filled with love and passion. Jong kook is kind and gentleman to all women including somin. Somin wasn’t even exception at all. I think what sets her apart from other women in my opinion, she has always have that kind of eyes and feelings that she wants him to be happy and cheer him up. She cares for him too tenderly that he is kind of a person who will never get to her hurt but to make her stronger. That is how I like about kookmin whether platonically or romantically. They have a beautiful and meaningful chemistry and friendship. The rest is up to them. And the anti comments won’t matter to them because they have each other as friend to carry burdens together. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kukumarq1 said:

Adding to this, there are also some very die-hard Yoo Jae Suk fans who have a errant dislike for Jong Kook.

Both Jong Kook and Yoo Jae Suk have worked together since 2001. They started together in Amazing Saturday, and then went onto Dream Team, X-Man, Family Outing and now Running Man.

But because, out of everyone who is in Yoo-Line, Jong Kook is probably the only one who dares to diss Yoo Jae Suk on national television. Make no mistake! The disses are mutual, and Yoo Jae Suk often mentions Jong Kook on all of his shows citing "ah Jong Kook would have liked this."

With that, his die-hard fans often write negative comments whenever Jong Kook wins on the show, and the Korean Jong Kook fans have often called them out on it.

i have heard about that but not in this much detail. i can understand. kjk has known the older yjs, through his days of struggle when he was not god yoo. their equation is different because it started when yjs was a struggling mc.  he still can take those liberties with yjs. the only other person who can do that may be hyori.  kjk is someone whose variety image is built on bossing around his hyungs which is why yjs always says he has sympathy for kjk's older brother. lol  but it will be hard for the new yjs fans to understand because all the juniors these days treat him like god. even though lks and yjs have mock fights on the show, lks's variety character has to always lose to yjs, so it is acceptable to the fans while kjk's variety character is about winning over yjs, so he is seen as a villain.

i always feel yjs was at his most entertaining in his older shows, like x-man, family outing and early years of rm. he is still mischievous but his level of mischief when he didn't have the baggage of god yoo to uphold was something else. so it would be good for fans also to understand these relationships by taking those histories into account.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jialinggoleong said:

However, I love kookmin and its natural chemistry that it feels real that they really care and love each other. They have such a deep care for each other emotionally. It is something I didn’t realise until now that two are connected because of the painful past, living in present, and hope for future filled with love and passion. Jong kook is kind and gentleman to all women including somin. Somin wasn’t even exception at all. I think what sets her apart from other women in my opinion, she has always have that kind eyes and feelings that she wants him to be happy and cheer him up. That is how I like about kookmin whether platonically or romantically. They have a beautiful and meaningful chemistry and friendship. 

I agreed that both are such a nice and loving person that you can see how they genuinely care for other people. Just as Jongkook is gentleman to all women, Somin also

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, jialinggoleong said:

I think sometimes somin has low self esteem 

sometimes i get that feeling too. she may also have a fear of being abandoned which may be one reason she tries to rush things - 'confess or disappear'. 

theirs is an interesting case. kjk is someone who needs security to commit. he takes a long time to get close to a woman, studies her from all angles and then slowly gives his heart. for some, it may seem a maddening process but he takes that time because inside that tough exterior, he has a soft heart and is scared of getting hurt. he has been cheated once, so he is scared of committing to someone he doesn't know properly. in jsm's case, there is the aries streak where she goes in to a relationship impulsively. however, she has been burnt badly when she committed last time. she even changed her agency to join her bf's agency when the former didn't allow her to date publicly. she even did a public campaign with her bf. however, it ended disastrously with her bf cheating on her. so it could result in a situation where even when she may be giving signs to someone that she likes him, she might also be not letting him get too secure. she might get close to someone telling herself that 'if this doesn't work, i will go for plan B with someone else'.  in her heart, she may know plan b won't work, but she might not let it appear that way to the man she likes. this could create some confusion and insecurity because both are seeking for security from their partners before committing fully.

however, with kookmin, my feeling is that there is a strong attraction that overrides logic. if you look at kookmin logically, there wasn't much chance for this attraction. jsm wasn't really kjk's type at all. he used to run away when he spotted her but there was an attraction the more he got to know her. with jsm who may have been looking for an early marriage, falling for kjk who has a track record of taking the sweetest time before committing is like the most illogical step ever. date any other man and you may end up at the altar faster. however, things happen and i feel both had been waiting for that one person to sweep them off their feet and that has somewhere happened though their brains may still tell them to be cautious. 

let's see where this goes. communication is the key. 

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1

Just finished watching KJK’s MUD segment! I had a smile on my face the whole time hahaha the whole family looks fun to hang out with. I loved seeing KJK’s bond with his niece, especially since they both like the same things and seem get along really well, it was really cute :wub:. The nagging about marriage must’ve been a lil annoying yet he took it with a smile, gave indefinite answers and ate his food :D

The antis really came out with full force this time, I don’t understand why they’re acting brand new to the variety scene, this whole Forbidden Couple thing went on for too long, it had to be on the script.

Also, the theory about the members have to prove their innocence and that’s why everything happened... if this is it I’m gonna be so annoyed lol like... this all could’ve been avoided if the editors stopped separating episodes in two parts like that when is not needed honestly, we could’ve gotten full context therefore avoiding all this mess. 

I thought my kookmin heart was maybe clouding my judgement on the Chanmin loveline, but now after the last two episodes, it seems non shipper international Somin fans are ready for the “throwing Somin into lovelines” bit to end, it’s been non-stop complaining that was not as present in December and the start of January. I am curious about K-Somin fans think about this though, I just don’t know where to look for their comments.

• Like 6