Quantcast

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Edit: better quality...      

Once again  . . . sub spoilers.   I won't be able to do this every weekend, but I just had to share (so enjoy the Kookmin moments).  Besides,  these sub spoilers are never as good as watching the epis

That awkward moment when you got caught staring at your "crush" and now you have to pretend like you're looking at someone else.   

56 minutes ago, Akuma Drifters said:

The best part Duo April is, Somin always comunication with Jongkook, and make him comfortable, no wonder in Hanna Radio, Sukjin choose Somin. That mean Jongkook is never alone again. Before Somin to be a members, Jongkook like no spirit in RM, and guest what, he almost dismissal from RM in 2017. In ep 334, Jongkook date with a woman, guest what, is a mess. From eps 333 to 343 he like no spirit. But in eps 343 they comunication again and he like her. Eps 346 Somin to be a members RM. Oppa is like "tsundere man". But i think Jongkook like her from eps 380. He want help her. Remember when one grup with Jin Young, he Silent, just like no spirit. But with Somin is different. Like in camelia park Jeju island, when he flooged Somin, he never like that with a Woman :heart: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

this loveline is slowly giving serious competition to  the worst years of monday couple loveline. monday couple loveline was the most popular at a time when the show had a more thrilling game format - it was just something that added flavor to the character combinations and the very name, monday couple, at least in the beginning, was supposed to highlight its variety character.

chanmin was initially introduced as a loveline set up for screen time but now we have things escalating quickly into talk about a possible marriage with parents getting in touch etc. 

i hope they kill the loveline quickly and just let the members interact normally and naturally. watching ysc's and jsm's old interactions in that beautiful clip, i miss how natural and drama-free they were. ever since the loveline has started, jsm's charming and natural character on the show has become repetitive and artificial for me and ysc's is starting to become artificial with his assuming the variety boyfriend role - of the man who looks out for his woman.

i think jsm should seriously consider how much she wants her personal life to be mixed up with her variety character. it is dangerous for any entertainer; but it is especially dangerous for someone like her who is a writer and uses a lot of the stuff that goes on in her private life for her writing. so when her private life becomes part of her variety character  and much of it gets exaggerated for variety's sake, it may affect her creativity as well. sometimes i feel it would be better for her to adopt a pseudonym or something as a writer to keep the distinction. at one time, she talked about making two ig accounts for her poetry and public persona. i think the feelings in her poems are very raw and fragile and she should do her utmost to preserve that distinction between her writerly self and her variety self. ii also feel that the show and every one of the members should stop discussing this loveline in real life terms because that just blows things up.

they all should take a leaf out of lks's book who has successfully managed to keep his personal life and variety self separate from one another. lks is dating someone; but that world is sacrosanct and he never lets it get into his work role.  jsm has been playing the love frog for a while now, but that character is now taking over her other characters and the lines between the woman looking for love she is in her private life and her variety character are starting to blur. guess that is what jsj was also pointing to when all that talk about families approving of a future marriage between chanmin came up. i hope someone can advise the pds and the members.

it is because the show doesn't have interesting concepts or plotlines these days that they are forced to bring up more stuff from their personal life for entertainment. if kookmin have something for each other, they should develop it off the show. Looking back, while all the questions about kjk having feelings for jsm made me happy as a shipper, i don't think it was wise of the show to exploit his jealousy to spice up their love triangle. somewhere, i feel kjk understood it could mess up his relationship with ysc which is why he has now changed his objections it into a bromance angle.

everyone would say these are just scripted lovelines, but i think they need very careful handling and the way RM handles them now is not the right way. jsj is someone who knows both ysc and jsm are just doing their variety characters, but he behaved quite uncharacteristically in going after jsm thrice. once, yjs had to intervene to cut him off. jsj, for some moments, had gone off his variety character which is not good when it comes to a comfortable working environment, but it also tells me that he feels the loveline is seriously messing up things. i think he targeted jsm because she is easy to target, but his frustrations could have been with the other members as well. 

i don't know why they need this loveline. from a commercial point of view, the team may feel the show can run on for a few more years if they keep up the 'will they?won't they?' dynamic of monday couple. or did chul min pd feel he had to find a reason to justify bringing in ysc? this was totally the wrong way to go about it. there should have been more attempts to work on ysc's character in the first few years instead of this last minute attempt. he was starting to find his feet being himself and now they are pigeonholing him into a gary replica. 

what are the knetz reaction to this loveline? i read a few comments of fans of the actress jsm. they said her no-filter variety character is overshadowing her softer, more feminine actress character. they want to see her act more.  is it that the kfans of jsm's variety character are more receptive? what are they saying on rm message boards, any idea? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 7
On 2/20/2020 at 6:04 PM, wanderlustanna said:

But there's this one insta account "sominjongkookcouple" really annoyed me. He/she tagged JK's friends insta on his/her posts. JK's manager, the chubby chef and even shorry. Like <_< what exactly you're trying to do~ Sometimes I felt like the account is just a troll account. Tbh I really don't like when shippers do that :sweatingbullets: it's so embarrassing and cringe. Not only that he/she always used the word hubby for JK and wifey for SM like please stop.  Hash tags is more than enough, there's not need to tagged JK's friends insta on every posts.  

I've reported that account many times for spamming. I once tried to talk to them and tell them to stop what they do. That account is really irritating. JSM's fans hate that account. Many think that account is probably owned by a hater who just wants to start a fanwar (between Kookmin and spartace shippers)  and bring more hate to JSM. I even once saw that account leave comments on spartace page :angry:

• Unamused 1
34 minutes ago, PhoenixEmeralda said:

This dude is smitten I don’t care what anyone says

Ikr. Like sometimes he does certain things and looks a certain way and you're like naa, he's fallen no matter what anyone says lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, PhoenixEmeralda said:

This dude is smitten I don’t care what anyone says

i agree. there was no need for him to keep reading that book in the middle of filming.

also, i have a feeling he brought his personal copy since nobody else had a copy of the book with them including the pds. even if jsm gave them all her signed copies, it must have been on another day. most members didn't seem to have read her book in detail while kjk said he couldn't stop reading it. 

kjk has changed a lot from what he used to be. i hope good things happen for him and jsm and them together. if given some time,  i think they will end up together. i know jsm wants her man to confess, but i hope she gives him time to get there. it won't happen as fast as she wants him to, it is one step after another for him. yet, i can see he is making effort to do things for her which he wouldn't have done for anybody else. kjk acting cute because jsm wanted him to was such a nice change from how he used to be.he used to smirk when she used to talk in a baby voice, but now he tries to speak cute and even encourages the cynical lks to act cute.

i feel their relationship could have its rough patches as they are different as people though both are romantic at heart. my worry about them as a couple is that their expectations from each other may be different - jsm is a now or never girl. even the title of her song is "confess now or disappear". the lyrics may be written just for fun, but sometimes i worry that since she fantasizes about love and has very romantic notions about the perfect love, she may get impatient with kjk who moves slowly and cautiously and start thinking of other options. it would be his loss, but it would be her loss too if that happens. the poetry book she released is targeted at someone to understand her. kjk is not a literary person by any means, but after watching last episode, i think he is trying to understand her feelings.

kjk may be promoting the loveline on MUD as a professional, but based on what he said this episode, there are some lines he doesn't want crossed. when haha was doing his "ooh" when ysc was worrying about jsm, kjk was the first one to talk openly about how the loveline was being forced. jsj also helped him out there. again, when ysc was talking about being asked to choose between jsm and sjh, there was no reason for kjk to butt in with "me". it looked like he was scared that ysc would say jsm's name. 

when jsm mentioned what her mother said about marriage, kjk sounded genuinely curious. in that MUD family segment, kjk was the one who brought up the extra seat for his wife next year. none of the adults in the car took it up and later they said the same old stuff about his marriage, but that he was thinking of it when they were about to start is a positive sign. i don't think he will get married in the next few months, but i feel his mind is starting to imagine that possibility.

i have my worries about them though. i don't know how far to buy into the radio interview jsm gave at the beginning of the year. she mentioned there was a guy she wanted to get a confession from, but he didn't contact her though they had gone on a few dates and now her feelings are gone. i do think the confession guy is kjk and some of that story is made up by jsm, but i wondered whether there was some truth to it. when yjs asked the cast about their plans for the new year, kjk said he is still thinking of marriage since it is not a decision that can easily be made while jsm mentioned she is going to take more initiatives instead of meeting people naturally. yjs interpreted it as her thinking of going on blind dates though i don't know what was it she meant there. then jsm said she was waiting for yjs to set her up with someone and kjk mentioned ysc which she just laughed off.

after following them for more than a year, i have seen them go through such phases from time to time. a couple of months before the fanmeet, there was a time when kjk had gone to Canada with his dad for filming MUD. it was his first time going abroad with his dad all on his own and so was perhaps not able to come online as he used to. i found it very coincidental that  jsm posted the picture of a cloudy sky the day he left and haha and her friends teased her saying she was feeling melancholic. there was no news of kjk for a day or two and then she posted a poem about hot confessions melting in the snow. coincidentally, kjk turned up online a day later, tagged her in haha's birthday post to lks saying haha is a better poet. funnily though, kjk kept updating his whereabouts almost all the time he was in the US which was unlike how he used to be before. so i got a feeling there that jsm may be someone who worries when the guy she likes doesn't contact her daily - she perhaps thinks his feelings for her are gone if he doesn't tell her he misses her as much as she misses him. i don't think kjk was in a position to come online; he was filming and taking care of his dad whom he had a really awkward relationship with at that time. two episodes back when yjs mentioned how jsm told ysc she was lonely when he was in taebak filming with kjk, i was reminded of that time.

from whatever i know, kjk is not that kind of guy yet - he used to say he would have dinner with his GF almost everyday when he used to date, so meeting her regularly may be a habit. in one of the early MUD episodes with kim jong min, he mentioned if he had a GF, he would kiss her every day. But he is not yet the super-romantic guy of jsm's dreams who can read her mind. in that ig live where kjk postponed his gym time to listen to jsm, one piece of advice she gave to all the men out there was to say "i love you" and "you are pretty" to their GFs and mothers everyday.  i can imagine kjk snickering at that. kjk's way of showing affection may be different, and from MUD, I got the feeling it takes him more effort to do that. it will take him a while to understand what exactly she wants from him, how far he can accommodate them and how far he cannot. she is a poetic person and perhaps wants her guy to read her mind at times like that poem she shared about marriage timing. one thing i can say though is that compared to how he used to make fun of her poems earlier, kjk takes them much more seriously now and pores over them as the key to her heart. i feel though that jsm perhaps may have to publish her commentary soon :) 

if jsm can give him time to get to know her and it will take him a while since he is more pragmatic than her and is of an older generation, they might end up in a good place. i have seen kjk with many female colleagues, but she is the only one i have seen him changing himself around for - even going out of his comfort zone. so as a kjk fan, i feel she is a bit more special to him. 

what may kjk want from her? as his fan, one thing i have noticed is that  he wants her to stay by his side even when he is in a bad mood. i have seen kjk do that regularly with jsm on rm and the fanmeets. in the jakarta fanmeet, he kept pestering her to stand next to him when she was moving away. finally, lks intervened and put her next to him. it was in the seoul fanmeet that they started standing together for the first time and what difference it made! when she was near him, he looked really happy and kept whispering and talking to her. when chanmin loveline started, his chief complaint was about how jsm was not sitting near him as she used to. giving up his seat for ysc is what has irked him the most.  in episodes where jsm stands next to him or when they are in the same team, he looks the brightest. 

jsm too might have to try more to understand kjk. since he is older and marriage for him means so many things, it cannot be all about romance. since his parents are so old and he himself is in his mid 40s, his expectations from his partner may be more practical though i think he is also a romantic at heart. kjk is also not someone easy to know - he hides his vulnerabilities and worries behind a tough exterior. so the woman has to look beyond his facade and understand what hurts/bothers him. that is why kjk fans worry so much about him - we know he is strong and a survivor, but we also know he has a soft heart and that when he gets hurt, he wouldn't express it openly like most people and would try to heal himself without burdening others. 

i think jsm is someone who guys might misunderstand a lot since she is playful with almost everyone. they might think she has real feelings for them when she says funny stuff to them. i feel though that she is someone who cannot flirt as freely with the person she really likes. so perhaps communication with that guy might also not be as smooth a process for her as it might be with her friends. 

i wish them the best. they have a long way to go for them to reach somewhere. But then, "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove. O no! it is an ever-fixed mark That looks on tempests and is never shaken".

Edited by kookminclan RunningMan
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

i think jsm is someone who guys might misunderstand a lot since she is playful with almost everyone. they might think she has real feelings for them when she says funny stuff to them. i feel though that she is someone who cannot flirt as freely with the person she really likes. so perhaps communication with that guy might also not be as smooth a process for her as it might be with her friends. 

I think even YJS misunderstood her. If not, why he suddenly said about Somin-Sechan's wedding and JSJ being the officiator. When he said that, his tone was not in teasing mode. When Somin bluntly said, how could she marry Sechan, YJS smiled awkwardly and while Haha looked at her with shock face. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kyoko22 said:

I think even YJS misunderstood her. If not, why he suddenly said about Somin-Sechan's wedding and JSJ being the officiator. When he said that, his tone was not in teasing mode. When Somin bluntly said, how could she marry Sechan, YJS smiled awkwardly and while Haha looked at her with shock face. 

Yoo Jae Suk likes to set people up, but he's really bad at it lol. It's one of the main reasons why Jong Kook doesn't like being set up by anyone on the show. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@kukumarq1 I love yjs, I really do he has many many talents and setting people up isn’t one of them, though he does get a point for helping sukjin and his wife way back when. Maybe it’s just when it comes to somin he’s not that good, I don’t think he knows her type very well :lol:

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

Jaesuk seems to create scenario that will cause chaos choosing sukjin as officiator instead of haha who is more supportive. The whole thing seems to be quite scripted cornering somin and sechan. Even sukjin.

Yes, you are right, somin bluntly to let it out  how is it a logic for her to marry sechan. I wonder why jaesuk made this kind of remark that could pull of as a joke because sukjin was not supportive of the loveline. It seems like everything is jumbled in tug of war between for chanmin and against it. Consistency and logic is  off in their conversation that it leads to nowhere to increase interest and chemistry with chanmin. 

I wonder what’s jaesuk intention to say these stuff. In that way, it makes somin go against it. But she goes back and forth. The chemistry and shyness is not there when she does this. It was like game of wits, and weird scenarios that could call for joke or funny conversation rather than increasing and heart fluttering interest of how it will grow.

Compare to the previous episode when somin brought something she wants to give away. She apologised beforehand explaining that it is not exactly why she wants to give it away, but there is an interesting yet funny story to share. Despite for negative connection for giving away, she pulled out the t shirt of jong kook’s face with smile on her face and embarrassment. She explain shyly. The reasoning is so cute. She balance with positive and negative to make it more innocent. She pointed clearly that sechan made them, and gave extra to her. If he is interested in her, why let her know he made 10 of these and let her have one. She said she likes it and brought it home. She literally wore it instead of saying she left it on table. She wore it and it felt close to her. She went on that she laid it on table, she felt he was watching her. Her body language, tone of voice, and facial expression is something heart fluttering. Jong kook has an interesting reaction to it. He laughed at her story with embarrassment. There is something that really clicks each other. At the end of the show, he got the shirt with a laugh. The t shirt gained a new memory for him. There are other extras but somin has a mark in it. Kwangsoo or jaesuk or sukjin should have the shirt. Kwangsoo can use it to drink with, sukjin and jaesuk to pinch or squash his face. That is perfect shirt for them. But jong kook it back. The way he smiles, is something I would do the same when my crush and I share the stories together. Jong kook has a special aura for that. And the book jong kook was reading, it was so cute that he smiled at her picture. If he is just smiling because of sukjin and somin’s joke, the timing is too perfect to be true. He could be cracking up at the jokes, but his finger took effort following his slight head movement to look at the picture. His eyes didn’t look away, he just stare at it. The smile is just perfect perfect perfect timing. 

I have to say that I was wrong and surprised to find out that somin and sechan Didn’t meet long before they joined running man. They really become friends very fast. It goes same how Kwangsoo also became very close to somin after they met. They got along with each other so well. After sechan and somin met in their first variety show, isn’t somin still fresh from her  break up? Somin and sechan often hang out together more than we thought would be possibly because they are same age. They hang out with similar age friends and crowds. Kwangsoo came along, three of them became close very fast. Kwangmin have a very close on screen friendship. The two were inseparable. They went two penalty trips together. Somin is often with sechan off screen that they usually arrive together at same time. However in my opinion, they have a lot of time and privacy to have growing chemistry between them instead of putting in loveline publically. With sukjin’s objection and somin’s out of blue bluntness that they two wouldn’t happen at all. Also the same time, she hangs out a lot with jong kook on and off. That includes coffee date, and how somin asked jong kook about his activity after lunch with jong min and friends. 

Fortune telling also tied them together. 2018 said somin and jong kook we’re compatible pair. 2019, somin has ties with older man. 

Somin would need a patience with jong kook’s timing and strange habit. She would understand that he had been though a lot with relationship. It seems like Sechan, jaesuk, or haha would be her lucky charm to bring her closer to jong kook. My bet is on HaHa. :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, PhoenixEmeralda said:

@kukumarq1 I love yjs, I really do he has many many talents and setting people up isn’t one of them, though he does get a point for helping sukjin and his wife way back when. Maybe it’s just when it comes to somin he’s not that good, I don’t think he knows her type very well :lol:

Jaesuk even set her up with Saeho. And it ended up badly that jaesuk had to apologise to her. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kyoko22 said:

i think that happens quite a bit with jsm. if we don't think of chanmin loveline as the first loveline members wanted jsm to clarify about, it seems normal. members were similarly curious to know what her feelings for lee sang yeob were after doing a drama with him, especially since she had wanted a loveline with him on rm. there was an episode where kjk and jsm visited lsb with haha. haha put a similar question about whether jsm and lsb had developed any feelings for each other while shooting. she firmly denied and said they were a business couple. she didn't let sang yeob answer whether he had developed feelings for her, may be he had, who knows? she kept saying she was not his type and that since he was conservative, he found many of the things she said shocking. kjk appeared genuinely curious there too about what was in her heart.

when sang yeob guested again on RM, the female guest put the same question to jsm about whether she could ever date lsb and she said "no". kjk looked really tensed there too when that question was put to her. may be what haha and yjs are doing is also something similar. they know it is for a loveline, but might want to gauge her feelings for ysc. haha and to some extent yjs has done the same with kjk when it comes to sjh and hjy. haha is quite pushy with lovelines in general even when he knows the one he is teasing is not enjoying it. when kjk says he chooses hjy over sjh, he says stuff like "sjh will feel hurt". with chanmin, he says stuff like it will be really cruel of jsm to reject ysc. may be he has his own logic why he does such things. yjs is really bad at setting up lovelines. he was the one who set up spartace saying viewers wanted it and even after sjh expressed a wish to see kjk married, tried to push it one last time.

compared to kjk who doesn't have as many female friends and takes time getting close, jsm has a lot of male friends, gets close pretty fast and so might get misunderstood because of her playful nature. she mentioned her confession song had caused slight confusion since a few guys thought it could have been about them but that the guy for whom she wrote the song would know since she had left enough clues there. so if it is kjk as we think, he would know. when chanmin loveline started, both yjs and jsj repeatedly told ysc not to take what jsm says seriously - once when she was telling ysc that he is her ideal type and another time when she was acting jealous when ysc was taking care of the female guest. ysc has enough sense to know when she is joking,  being jsm's bestie.  still, ysc said on MUD that jsm used to get upset when he didn't play along with the loveline and would tell him it is just for a loveline, but he may not want to complicate things which may be why he runs away. when ysc chooses her though, jsm does get really awkward. loveline between besties is really not a good idea.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, jialinggoleong said:

Yes, you are right, somin bluntly to let it out  how is it a logic for her to marry sechan. I wonder why jaesuk made this kind of remark that could pull of as a joke because sukjin was not supportive of the loveline. It seems like everything is jumbled in tug of war between for chanmin and against it. Consistency and logic is  off in their conversation that it leads to nowhere to increase interest and chemistry with chanmin. 

yjs' words are to corner all of them. i think yjs is someone who thinks what happens in front of camera doesn't matter, so he encourages the loveline and comes up with weird scenarios. on the other hand, jsj might think some lines should not be crossed even in front of camera that touches upon personal lives. jsj has also promoted the loveline saying ysc didn't cry, but his GF cried when he won the awards, but generally he is neutral about the loveline. jsj's outburst this episode came after kjk said haha is pushing the loveline too hard, so he might have thought the loveline is starting to make everyone uncomfortable. 

yjs gets jsm better than jsj. in fact, he was one of the first members to get who jsm was as a person. i think yjs knows jsm likes kjk and vice versa, so he doesn't take her set up requests seriously. yet, i feel both yjs and haha will start supporting kookmin in the way we want only if they are sure of their feelings for each other.

all these episodes, yjs was just joking about the loveline. last episode though, he looked a bit tensed when ysc mentioned talking to his family about jsm. but he didn't want jsm to get hurt by jsj's words, so he told her to ignore him. still, perhaps the reason he pushed the marriage talk, was to let jsm clarify that she didn't care for ysc that way. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

For new episode, there's just mild Chanmin but new scandal came out. There's Somin's photo in Sukjin's car.:joy:. By the way, kookmin as always, stand next to each other during the opening.:heart:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Official] Kookmin Clan