[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

where was KJK when JSM and YSC was about to get the penalty? LOL 

seem like he became invisible man bcause we can hear his voice only, probably he forgot to bring his handphone, but its quite suprising because usually KJK and his handphone stick like glue (he and his handphone never separated) LOL  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, kukumarq1 said:

Because of his scoliosis, he has a herniated disk in his neck also. So sometimes, it's hard to tell if the pain caused by his herniated disk is acting up or he's just being shy.

I see... 

I think if he rubbed his neck with smirk looking at something with amusement, he tends to do that. With grim or resting face look rubbing, he could be sore or in pain. 

If you look at other episodes, he rubbed his neck with little smirk slanting his head-- if you see most episode, he always react to something that is cute or funny. He just rubbed his neck smiling with embarrassment. He is like trying to hide his amusement. It happened a lot when we see the pattern when somin did cute dance, he rubbed his neck with smirk. He did it a lot when he saw cute dances or etc. If you see him smirking, he is hiding his feelings. He does that at Jihyo and other women who tried to do aeygo on him. 

If it is pain, Jong Kook's expression will look bit grim. He will repeatedly rub to ease the sore part of the nerves. 

I see the pattern when Jong Kook gets pain from his spine or back, he tends to put weight on member's shoulder to ease tension. Even though Sukjin is older than him, he let Jong Kook do it for him not because he let him be. He knew it is way to ease the tension on Jong Kook's back. Sometimes he rub his back or walk with his feet wide apart. When he sits down, he move around a lot to ease the pain. He will laid his back on one of members. Sukjin was often led to support him. If he has pain, he tends to lead onto someone. 

That is my opinion and pattern. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, JialingGO said:

If you look at other episodes, he rubbed his neck with little smirk slanting his head-- if you see most episode, he always react to something that is cute or funny. He just rubbed his neck smiling with embarrassment. He is like trying to hide his amusement. It happened a lot when we see the pattern when somin did cute dance, he rubbed his neck with smirk. He did it a lot when he saw cute dances or etc. If you see him smirking, he is hiding his feelings. He does that at Jihyo and other women who tried to do aeygo on him. 

If it is pain, Jong Kook's expression will look bit grim. He will repeatedly rub to ease the sore part of the nerves. 

That is my opinion and pattern. 

No yea, I know. That's why I don't think it's a good idea to look into it too hard since often rubs his neck either in pain or embarrassment. 

Embarrassment mostly cause he has said he really hates having attention on him. And yea, you are pretty spot on with his patterns if he's in pain.

For newer fans, I would absolutely recommend Jong Kook's Healing Camp interviews Part 1 and 2 if you wish to find out more about him. 

And this with this body language reading, I'm suddenly transported back to when Monday Couple was at its peak and there was someone who was very convinced Gary and Jihyo were dating based on their body language alone.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kukumarq1 said:

Newer fans may not know it as his fans don't really talk about it, but all of us who have been long time fans, have tons of proof.

The main reason why hosts like Jaesuk always uses Eun Hye as a teasing point is because they kept denying their relationship even after reporters provided proof. It's a big joke that people often say "not to follow their example."

He and Eun Hye dated for awhile. Long time fans of those two can tell you in-depth details. But since this isn't the appropriate thread to do so, I will stop here

Hi kukumarq, 

Nice to see your posts, from a KJK fan to another. I think fans are roughly 3 groups - majority believed that he dated YEH, some believed he confessed to her but she rejected, while some believed the one he dated was Chae Yeon. :sweat_smile:

But you are right to say fans shd not read too hard into what they seen on screen since Korean culture may have differences + celebrities may also have different boundaries from typical viewers. This affects how we interpret what we see. What we see on screen is edited (what SBS wants to show us), so it is more important to know that JSM and KJK are really close and care for each other behind the scenes.

I just want him to get married to a good lady and enjoy a fruitful life with his companion since he had been through a rather tough 44 years already.

I prefer ladies who complements him instead of being similar to him so JSM would be one of the top choices:thumbsup:. HJY is another good choice but the ship has sunk, no thanks to haters. KHN would give JSM a run for the money in my preference after the newest episode though :love:.

• Like 7

Hi, I'm new to posting comments on this even though I follow this thread regularly.

I just want to say, is anyone notice how KJK said that he likes woman "who is fun to be with" or "is funny" during partner selection? Who has similar humor code with him?

It's just interesting to me that the past year, he keeps saying a woman who's fun is in his radar.

Anyway, I don't know if both of them are together or just close but If they still don't have anyone, I think it'd be great for them to look from the people around.....aka each other. They both seem to match their own ideal description lol.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, kukumarq1 said:

No yea, I know. That's why I don't think it's a good idea to look into it too hard since often rubs his neck either in pain or embarrassment. 

Embarrassment mostly cause he has said he really hates having attention on him. And yea, you are pretty spot on with his patterns if he's in pain.

For newer fans, I would absolutely recommend Jong Kook's Healing Camp interviews Part 1 and 2 if you wish to find out more about him. 

And this with this body language reading, I'm suddenly transported back to when Monday Couple was at its peak and there was someone who was very convinced Gary and Jihyo were dating based on their body language alone.

I have seen Healing Camp interviews about Jong Kook before. 

About the body language, we do have difficulty to see what is variety and what is real or behind the scenes. 

Here is a thing, variety tends to show half truths. I wonder what scene did the body language expert see  when he or she observed the interaction between monday couple. I am one of the few were not taken by their interaction that can go beyond off screen. Sometimes they probably only show their interaction for variety sense to expert to interpret it. What we see in variety is their interaction, background scenes, and some other spontaneous activity like cheering for one another or etc. What I see Jihyo and Gary-- they mostly interact for skits and behaviour to play as a cute couple or loveline. Jihyo is an experienced actor who can manipulate the situation well. Gary, a musician and a romantic tends to be really good words. He has very romantic gestures. To be frank, Jihyo in real life don't tend to like romantic or aeygo  gestures too much. She later goes along with it accepting her role as Monday couple, a popularity among the fans. I don't often seen Jihyo and Gary together in background scenes or spontaneous activity where members cheer each other or care for each other. Kwangsoo has shown more tender care for Jihyo in background. Jong Kook was with Jihyo more than Gary in the background. He even held her arms or put her arms around. He cares for her. Jihyo is very comfortable with him. It could be more of a 'true' part of the variety. Jihyo has most chemistry with Kwangsoo for their Kwangmong moments. I see her more of real self when she's around Lee Dong Wook. She just called him without letting him know they will be filmed beforehand. She calls him and began to chat and bicker with him all the way. When she saw him when he came to guest the show, she was overjoyed. It is not like she has crush on him, but she was very warm with him in terms of body language. Dong Wook seems be used to it, and tease her with it. They have a good rapport and ease without being too scripted but they know the roles. Jihyo has better ease with this kind of situation. 

What I see and mention about Jong Kook's body language, I am not his long time fan. I did read the interviews and videos about him. He has gone through so much in his life and entire career. When he talks of Real Kim Jong Kook with Joker perspective, it was definitely who he is. He has always been trying to be meticulous with his job, treating both genders with full of love, loyalty, and care in terms of friendship, and his whole life building his career with wisdom and hope. He has mature so much, and how his image has soften more to be little open to see his real self. Back then, I never really see him as a romantic type. He has been deeper into his soul about how he can share the pain he has gone through and how he made it to make him stronger. His personality is very consistent but secretive and mysterious. 

I am not trying to overwhelm my belief in body language solely for variety perspective. Kook-min has a lot of interaction in background scenes, off screen interaction and stories, and through spontaneous activity or moments. Sometimes it just came out of blue and we just have to have eagle eye for it. You can be right like for example, one of the episode shows Jong Kook and Somin sitting next to each other very close. Their backs were facing us before Kwangsoo came to cover them without knowing. He was moving to look at the game closely. Maybe HaHa sat next to JongKook's other end before he moved to check other other screen. 

There are spontaneous moments between kook min mostly happen in background scenes or cheering or scolding activity that comes in spontaneous moment rather than scripted or ad libs. I have to say that Kook-min is so confusing but spontaneous so consistently that it looks like it is not only for variety. They could be consistent because Jong Kook tend to scold and nag at somin like the way he did with Jihyo. I think he did it with Jinyoung sometimes but not to the extent.

I think I got too excited with their interaction in current episode because spontaneous activity without loveline for natural kook-min moments come rarely and strange in some ways. 

I notice the pattern that jong Kook rubbed his neck with smirk to indicate his hidden amusement. I tend to do that when I get embarrassed at certain stuff. Thank for pointing out that it is possible an injury he had that hurt his neck. Sometimes I see Jaesuk rub his neck when he was dismay with something. It is common to others to rub their neck for amusement or dismay. 

When Somin dance Girls Generation erasing the blackboard dance, Jong Kook looked at her and rubbed his head with smirk. I dont think it is about his interest towards her but an amusement of her cute yet weird acts. 

Jong Kook may turned into brotherly role to be consistent in the game that he looks alive. Maybe he loves doing sports rather than liking and paying attention to Somin. I am wrong to point it out but I think his attention on somin is cute and overwhelming. However, he does that with other members too. He could have tried to cheer up for trying her best. I would see his continuation to act on his brotherly role towards Somin. The smack on her back really hard-- i can tell it is for variety. If it is real, SOmin would say, Jong kook and her will never be together if he is too rough on her for real. She said the same about Kwangsoo. 

It is just an observation. It is hard to separate what is variety or what is not especially when you are a shipper. We tend to blow out of proportion in some acts. I can say that Kook-min has a lot of good chemistry even though there are skits or scripted interaction all the way to natural interactions. They could have qualify for loveline for their similar philosophy and interest despite different personalities. They are like cat and mouse dynamics with a lot of fun and spontaneous moments. When Somin said something so witty that really knocked him out. He laughed so hard, and I dont think it was for variety, but in some way in his mind trying to figure out how to explain this correctly and respectfully to continue the strong bond between him and the rest of the members. He and Somin really proved to be close on and off screen. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, machi said:

Hi, I'm new to posting comments on this even though I follow this thread regularly.

I just want to say, is anyone notice how KJK said that he likes woman "who is fun to be with" or "is funny" during partner selection? Who has similar humor code with him?

It's just interesting to me that the past year, he keeps saying a woman who's fun is in his radar.

Anyway, I don't know if both of them are together or just close but If they still don't have anyone, I think it'd be great for them to look from the people around.....aka each other. They both seem to match their own ideal description lol.

That is interesting but i have seen his exact words for having fun woman in his radar. He often said he likes calm, reserved, and nice personality who gets along with his friends. He did say like someone petite and not too tall. He has a lot of standards. His taste to change a lot over time. He all of sudden likes cheerful girls with aegyo after choosing jinyoung. He changed a lot. He is just waiting for the girl to make his heart flutter. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AB_fan said:

Hi kukumarq, 

Nice to see your posts, from a KJK fan to another. I think fans are roughly 3 groups - majority believed that he dated YEH, some believed he confessed to her but she rejected, while some believed the one he dated was Chae Yeon. :sweat_smile:

But you are right to say fans shd not read too hard into what they seen on screen since Korean culture may have differences + celebrities may also have different boundaries from typical viewers. This affects how we interpret what we see. What we see on screen is edited (what SBS wants to show us), so it is more important to know that JSM and KJK are really close and care for each other behind the scenes.

I just want him to get married to a good lady and enjoy a fruitful life with his companion since he had been through a rather tough 44 years already.

I prefer ladies who complements him instead of being similar to him so JSM would be one of the top choices:thumbsup:. HJY is another good choice but the ship has sunk, no thanks to haters. KHN would give JSM a run for the money in my preference after the newest episode though :love:.

Kang HaNa is a sweet girl. Great personality too. She was former ballet dancer which shares the same discipline Jong Kook has in his traits and personality growing up. She'll be tough match for Kook-min hearts. =) 

HaNa and Somin have very different personalities. So it is up to Jong Kook who can handle their personality. I think Somin will be harder to handle. It takes a lot of patience to deal with her. She has a lot of creativity and thinking mindset wanting to get out. Someone like Jaesuk and Jong Kook can help her to give direction to build her creative freedom. Jaesuk helped Somin to build her entertainer role in variety world. He supported her with her quick wittiness and catching up the situation to perform it at the last minute. Somin is very observant like Jaesuk to capture each person's strengths and weakness. Jong Kook may have help Somin to share her creative freedom like sharing her poems and creativity. He answered almost all of her SNS texts about her poems. They may have talked a lot about it together. They sang the confession song together. Jong Kook finds it trendy with good sense of content. He and Somin could have enjoy creating creativity together. I am not sure if Jong Kook has patience with her personality her mom is worried about. She can be overwhelming, strong, consistent, and weird in some ways that could put misunderstanding on him. I think he got to know her more and got used to it. Then they became close. 

As for Kang HaNa, I dont know her really well. I hope Jong kook gets to get married to woman he loves. And Somin, I hope she gets to be with someone she deserves to be with to give her all happiness and a lot of creative freedom to continue to inspire us. I hope she won't disappear but continue to leave mark in our lives. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, JialingGO said:

That is interesting but i have seen his exact words for having fun woman in his radar. He often said he likes calm, reserved, and nice personality who gets along with his friends. He did say like someone petite and not too tall. He has a lot of standards. His taste to change a lot over time. He all of sudden likes cheerful girls with aegyo after choosing jinyoung. He changed a lot. He is just waiting for the girl to make his heart flutter. 

Really? I didn't know that. Do you remember where? I'm trying to catch up on Jongkook lol. I've just recently look up on both jongkook and somin. While there aren't that many material of Somin to catch up with, Jongkook has soo many videos/interviews and all about him for the past decade/two decade hahaha.

I've seen he said he likes cheerful, bright, aegyo, and good personality- someone that can get along well. But I haven't seen him saying that he likes someone funny/fun (That's actually the literal translation I think - not someone fun to be with) That's why other member said 'humor code' have to be similar. 

Either way, I just wish Jongkook can get the woman he wants and needs. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Rahayu Muktiayu said:

It is weird, Oppa give permission

Everyone talks about his body reactions and all everytime, but the things he says are even more out of place.

YJS: Somin's mother said Jong kook could be her son in law but the age gap is too big

KJK: Ahh, I'm older than her. What matters is I left an impression on Somin's mother for now.

(Like what sort of statement is that, let's even try and be level headed and say he just wants the woman to see him in a good light since he works with her daughter, what's up with the "for now". And that was just early last year when the most we could think of them as was friends)

JSM: From now on, my ideal guy is a peanut (lol the ep after the fan meeting)

KJK: Oh, that will change

(Lol if you watch the clip you'll see he was very sure about this part. Could be he knows JSM jokes about things like that. Could be something else. I actually have  a theory regarding this part but I'll just keep shut because honestly kookmin has made me a little crazy, coming up with different theories and delusions even when all they do is breathe around eachother lol)

JSJ: What about Jong kook, does Somin's mum like him?

YSC: yes, she likes him a lot *raises both thumbs up*

KJK: That's a relief really (says this under his breath)

(Either he really wants brownie points from JSM's mother privately or he just likes when mothers adore him. Either way is so cute)

JSM: *Protests about ysc choosing her*

YSC: You had a pretty wink

KJK: It's fine, it's fine

(Excuse me but no one was asking for your permission sir, lol. I find him so funny sometimes like yjs said. Why is he telling them it's alright. I don't even want to analyze it lol. Strange things happening on RM these days. Strange lovelines, stranger responses to the lovelines and the strangest editing.)

JSM: Let's skip spring, it's too short (or whatever she said lol)

KJK: I like..........*dramatic pause*..............skipping

Hwanjine PD: Skip while holding hands

(This isn't from RM. Kookmin is stranger out of the show than on it. This is from JSM's post last year. That was her caption and that was KJK's comment. Started out like he wanted to confess then teased her and every kookmin shipper by saying skipping. What's even funnier and weirder is Hwanjing PD here asking them to skip holding hands.)

My conclusion from this? Both of them are crazy and I'm crazier for shipping them lol.But wait, all that AND MORE was done and Chan min was the one they made a loveline not the two with the obvious chemistry? Lol well okay, it's not strange at allllll

And ugh I hate that we are in the latent phase again. It's bad enough that the show ripped us of their interactions on screen by erecting the lovleine wall all the time but they also brought attention to their SNS chemistry and outside interactions and so they have reduced that also. My question to the SBS running man team: What have we kookmin shippers done to y'all? :bawling::joy:. Oh I can't remember other weird things he has said now, if someone can I'd like to know too.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

10 hours ago, MandelBrot said:

Random moments (E431)

I remember this episode. this is one of the many episodes that I found KJK reaction strange. during the intro, they teased somin about her insta update, something about her phone has 20% power left. the boys were teasing her about it. KJK reaction at that time makes me wonder if he has something to do with that 20% power left. My delulu mind would say they were talking on the phone during that time:D

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Ok so this is a minor thing and was probably done because he assumed Sechan would reject Somin. BUT did anyone notice right before Sechan got up to give Somin the bear Jongkook shakes his head for a fraction of a second before laughing? I dunno why but I found him doing that adorable lol

• Like 3

8 hours ago, machi said:

Really? I didn't know that. Do you remember where? I'm trying to catch up on Jongkook lol. I've just recently look up on both jongkook and somin. While there aren't that many material of Somin to catch up with, Jongkook has soo many videos/interviews and all about him for the past decade/two decade hahaha.

I've seen he said he likes cheerful, bright, aegyo, and good personality- someone that can get along well. But I haven't seen him saying that he likes someone funny/fun (That's actually the literal translation I think - not someone fun to be with) That's why other member said 'humor code' have to be similar. 

Either way, I just wish Jongkook can get the woman he wants and needs. 

I think the part where he said that he likes "calm, reserved, and nice personality who gets along with his friends" was from Big Picture S1. That was filmed back in 2016 and 2017 I think Somin and Sechan had just joined the show when it premiered. 

It was around 2018 when he suddenly changed his tune about how he likes someone who is cheerful, bright, aegyo, and good personality- someone that can get along well.

2 hours ago, Rida Live said:

JSM: From now on, my ideal guy is a peanut (lol the ep after the fan meeting)

KJK: Oh, that will change

(Lol if you watch the clip you'll see he was very sure about this part. Could be he knows JSM jokes about things like that. Could be something else. I actually have  a theory regarding this part but I'll just keep shut because honestly kookmin has made me a little crazy, coming up with different theories and delusions even when all they do is breathe around eachother lol)

This was totally a d*ck euphemism joke. And I love that Jong Kook said that lmao. And on a PG 12 show too! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

What I found strange with jongkook is how he reacts with rm members teasing them.

When Haha ask somin if she likes kjk, he just pose and just wait for her answer. Usually he would say something like don't make things awkward for her or something to avoid being ship then why did he not?

And also yjs keep on asking him if he likes jsm and something about marriage. Why did he just laugh and can't even say something like she's a sister or family or they're just close cause kjk a person who is always being shipped with every female guest should know that if he didn't give a proper answer or deny, people will speculate their relationship. 

And after that question, they don't even care and just interact like nothing's happened. I mean they are not standing together because jsj is in the middle but why are they standing together suddenly.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

And also I don't know if I think too much or it's just really strange.

Jsj ask if ysc and jsm is really partner while pointing in kjk and maybe jsm with his thumb?

And why kjk keep on assuring jsm like it's fine it's fine and he choose you for fun.

And I feel like he is trying to avoid the female guest and just chose hana.

I mean if he has interest with a female guest he would not make it obvious as it's his personality. And also he seems flustered with yjs teasing.

What I mean is yjs is teasing him with yeh but I feel like he is thinking someone else because he is used in being teased with yeh already so why did he act like really flustered and confused.

• Like 4
  • Love 3