[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

When LKS retired from the show, in my head, PD will pair JK and Somin, and YSC and JH, while Haha, YJS and JSJ will be the center - since they already married, they can't take part in LL and do any skinship.

One of the reasons why I hope Bopil thinking the same way as I am is because of the "balance" that they need to fill: LKS part.

As veteran viewers, JK forever be the tough guy and to balance his character is pairing him with "Unpredictable Somin". You can see for yourself how they interact with each other. Same goes to YSC and SJH. Since YSC is younger than SJH, YSC able to fill LKS part: siblings love-hate relationship.

The married trio can play with them without forcing the LL and there's no need to bring in or mention of EH, every week. YJS build up JK-EH's LL every week, and I can bet that the jokes will bite him back: decrease in rating if EH didn't show up in the future.

Remember when Bopil told media that his mission is to bond the members so they can carry the show without LKS, look what happened when he forces every member to support JK-SJH's LL? They lost the magic touch.

The positive about Kook-Min, is because of Somin's quick thinking to be creative with comedy skits. With SJH, JK definitely "lost" his character because: It feels like dating with your own sister. 

SJH already met with JK's mother and told her direct to her face that there's nothing between them, while JK already met with Somin's parents and close friend with her brother and the only thing that Kook-Min need is: Family Approval and JK's announcement. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, anthonio07012 said:

When LKS retired from the show, in my head, PD will pair JK and Somin, and YSC and JH, while Haha, YJS and JSJ will be the center - since they already married, they can't take part in LL and do any skinship.

One of the reasons why I hope Bopil thinking the same way as I am is because of the "balance" that they need to fill: LKS part.

As veteran viewers, JK forever be the tough guy and to balance his character is pairing him with "Unpredictable Somin". You can see for yourself how they interact with each other. Same goes to YSC and SJH. Since YSC is younger than SJH, YSC able to fill LKS part: siblings love-hate relationship.

The married trio can play with them without forcing the LL and there's no need to bring in or mention of EH, every week. YJS build up JK-EH's LL every week, and I can bet that the jokes will bite him back: decrease in rating if EH didn't show up in the future.

Remember when Bopil told media that his mission is to bond the members so they can carry the show without LKS, look what happened when he forces every member to support JK-SJH's LL? They lost the magic touch.

The positive about Kook-Min, is because of Somin's quick thinking to be creative with comedy skits. With SJH, JK definitely "lost" his character because: It feels like dating with your own sister. 

SJH already met with JK's mother and told her direct to her face that there's nothing between them, while JK already met with Somin's parents and close friend with her brother and the only thing that Kook-Min need is: Family Approval and JK's announcement. 

I don't think the show's gonna lose ratings just because EH doesn't show up. I disagree with you that the members have lost their magic touch. Even after LKS left, a lot of the episodes were fun to watch without any extra guests. The cast members are doing the best that they can even with the absence of LKS. 

The editors are trying to hide Kookmin moments because they want to focus on JK and SJH but that's pretty boring. Other than that, the show's still doing great and everybody's trying their best. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

EP 578:

Spoiler

When they decided to ride the rickshaw

JSJ: I wat to ride rickshaw!

Somin: I want to ride a rickshaw too.

JSJ: Let's go on a ride.

Somin: How many people can ride in it?

PD: Two people. Two people ride in it together.

Somin: I see.

YJS: Hold on. Let me think.

JK: I want to try it too.

YJS: President Yang and his girlfriend. You two ride it together.

YSC: We are getting to know each other. Please don't get the wrong idea.

JK: I'll pull the rickshaw for you.

YJS: And these two close friends. You two ride it together.

JK: But I feel bad. I mean...

YJS: You two ride it together.

JK: I want to ride with someone else. (his hand slightly pointed to Somin)

Then the members teased JK-SJH.

After that they walked to the rickshaws.

JK: The rickshaws are here

JSJ: You two ride it together

JK: I want to drive it. Jinja..

YJS totally blocked the possibility for kookmin to ride the rickshaw together. First, he directly paired YSC-Somin together. Then he turned deaf ears when JK volunteered to be the driver for Chanmin. Even suggest JK to ride with Jang Hyuk eventhough JK said he wanted to ride with someone else (while pointing to Somin). You won't notice this action of JK because Somin was out of frame. At least he still able to ride the rickshaw with Somin later on.

• Like 6
  • Shocked 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

20 minutes ago, kookminstanner123 said:

doesn't somin know a lot about jang hyuk because she's a huge fan of his? or was that just an act because of the game? 

She did mention that she is fan of his so its understandable that she knows a lot about him but what I found actually interesting is how Jongkook mentioned/knows that Hyuk was Somin's first celebrity she ever liked. Later on Somin mentions how Jongkook likes the color red. So nice that these "colleagues" know so much about each other lol

10 hours ago, MandelBrot said:

Somin Instagram, but kjk takes the picture

This is the first time she posts him (properly) on her instagram. Its strange because there are so many more moments she could have posted a group picture yet they chose today, a random day. I think something big is coming up *cough cough rm finale cough* because its not a coincidence 3 members post this just to make fun of Seokjin. Sechan's caption was "It was enjoyable" or "It was a pleasure" which really boosts my suspicions of Running Man ending soon. 

12 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

YJS totally blocked the possibility for kookmin to ride the rickshaw together.

This is so crazy to me because I didn't even notice when casually watching. Its not new that they block them but its so strange the way they do it. They do it so low-key that unless you really pay attention, you won't even notice. I guess that's why many people still do not believe in the possibility of Kookmin being "real."

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, minuses said:

This is so crazy to me because I didn't even notice when casually watching. 

I also didn't notice when I watched it live (due to my limited understanding of hangul). But when the subtitle came out, only then I noticed that JK wanted to ride it with Somin. But YJS blocked it by trying to initiate Chanmin (though both didn't take the hint). And this is not the first time YJS did it. YJS is so good at adlib that he can create a situation to cover his subtle blocking. That is why  I prefer to look at JSJ because he cannot cover his blunder smoothly.

3 hours ago, minuses said:

They do it so low-key that unless you really pay attention, you won't even notice. I guess that's why many people still do not believe in the possibility of Kookmin being "real."

I literally found a comment that said we are the most delusional of all :joy:. Just because the scarce interaction between kookmin lately. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

I also didn't notice when I watched it live (due to my limited understanding of hangul). But when the subtitle came out, only then I noticed that JK wanted to ride it with Somin. But YJS blocked it by trying to initiate Chanmin (though both didn't take the hint). And this is not the first time YJS did it. YJS is so good at adlib that he can create a situation to cover his subtle blocking. That is why  I prefer to look at JSJ because he cannot cover his blunder smoothly.

I literally found a comment that said we are the most delusional of all :joy:. Just because the scarce interaction between kookmin lately. 

If others believe in other stuff, let them. We should keep believing in kookmin and supporting it though. 

Lets get mandelbro to post more pics and gifs from the earlier episodes as well 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Sorry for mentioning this, but now it’s clearer why they are pushing this forced LL. Disney+ released a teaser of the RM spinoff with SA on it being all too lovey dovey (clickbait). It’s making so much noise from their fandom - which is the ultimate goal of those that invested on their fame (for TV purposes).

My point exactly is this just proves that their LL is pure business. KookMin’s lowkey interactions will never be deduced and understood by casual viewers so they only see things at a surface level and think we’re all delusional. Meh, my kookmin heart will always believe they have something truly special. :tounge_wink:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

Ep 578 was an improvement from Ep 577 in my opinion and Ep 579 looks like it will be entertaining so I will look forward to it. I don't mean to be a critic about RM lately, but I just prefer when RM lets their members be loose with each other.

Anyone notice that the PDs picked the counterparts for both games? I was pleasantly surprised that they made KJK JSM's secret santa and not the obvious on screen LL they could have milked for Youtube views. 

I also liked how HH told JSM to start dancing if she believed that KJK was her secret santa -- probably knowing that she could get a wilder reaction from him (whether it was to do with the game or not) lol.

It reminded me of the time HH was all smiles about kookmin initially when they partnered up for the new year's episode and he said something like 'It's refreshing to see' 'KJK's annoyance is a false pretense. He really takes her of JSM' while smiling widely and even 'oooing' at them. I miss those days lol.

Spoiler

GyPx08i.png

L9wil4i.png

Pnw1GGG.png

HH telling the PD that KJK actually cares about JSM.

AHEGcIO.png

aULukce.png

CrJSX2N.png

KJK is smiling being teased by HH and JSJ. He is not being annoyed by it.

Aw3dbEp.png

If this is not a genuine smile from HH looking at kookmin then I don't know what is :) 

The reason I like this forum is because I have made up my mind on one thing: KJK seems to be fond of JSM (even more so nowadays). It's a different type of interaction where he is free to express his comfortability without being too romantically linked with her and even if there's a  possibility of them being mentioned as a couple, he doesn't strongly object in an OTT way. 

I mean, the way he says 'somin-ah~' in Ep 578 sounds really endearing and soft. He said it himself that she was a dongsaeng he likes a lot in that flogging episode and JSJ said flog her as much as you love her or something like that. 

I can't tell much from JSM's perspective but I can tell she wants to be closer with KJK (like they probably are now behind the scenes). JSM has that thing about her where if she likes someone (as a friend or whatever) she shows them by trying to get closer to them.

That Ep. from problem child in the house proves it. Even with YSC, he gets mixed signals because JSM is so nice with him - phoning him at night time and all. Hence why JSM called KJK out to drink coffee with her in the first place. I feel she's the type to make the first move but can be easily misinterpreted.

What I'm trying to say is, kookmin have so much potential. From colleagues to friends to close friends to something more - anything is possible so I'll be open minded about it?

-

As for the rickshaw thing I had to watch it for myself again to see what people were talking about. I get it now!

So, JSM wants to ride the rickshaw and so does JSJ (while YSC says he wants to cycle it). JSM asks the PD, how many people can ride it? The PD answers, 'two people' and JSM looks slightly disappointed?? Or she gives 'Ahh (I see)'. This is when KJK says that he wants to ride it too whilst stepping forward, noticing JSK was about to pair up people -- implying that KJK could have wanted JSK to pair him up with JSM.

When JSK totally ignores KJK and pairs JSM up with YSC, KJK says 'kure!' which could be translated as OK or Yes or literally translates to "(it's) like that". Then YSC says "we're getting to know each other, don't get the wrong idea" and KJK adds "Kure" again before saying "I'll pull the rickshaw for you!".

JSK doesn't seem to want that and goes straight to pairing up KJK with Jang Hyuk. But get this: KJK says "But I'll feel bad, I mean...I want to ride with someone else". And we now know it was not JH he wanted to ride it with because when HH brings that up to JSK, KJK lets out an exasperated "Hajima~" which could be translated 'don't do it' or 'stop it'. The subtitles was off at this point but I swear I could hear KJK say "i siki ga" or something like that like "you jerk" I dunno.

Spoiler

2pS2mSv.png

When JSJ asks Jang Hyuk whether he's okay to let KJK go with JH, Jang Hyuk says 'well, if they are getting to know each other" and everyone laughs but look at the direction of KJK's stare while laughing awkwardly. It's in the direction of YSC/JSM.

Spoiler

This was the positioning generally:

XuQnJ4E.png

68GYwMV.png

JSM is standing right next to YSC on the left side of your screen. Who is KJK most likely to be catching a glimpse of?

ENcrCLE.png

After JSK makes the joke about KJK writing a secret message in his song about wanting to walk with JH and everyone laughs, you can see KJK's eyes shift to YSC/JSM's direction again.

Spoiler

NnMkc1J.png

V7JG3wB.png

I love all the gifs and photos shared, thanks to all those who post them!

Again, don't take me too seriously because I just enjoy looking for the minor details :)

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

I enjoy the episode so much for a lot of reasons like the members naturally enjoying each other's company with the laidback concept - but more so because JSM really is truly a walking ray of sunshine. She looks very happy in this episode as well as KJK. <3 The LL teasing wasn't too much and you can really see KJK dissing the idea of the "forced" LL.

Couple of observations:

Corndog: When the corndogs arrived, I immediately noticed that KJK attempted to take 2 sticks. On this photo, he was already holding a stick on his right hand and his left reached out for another one. This could be bec 2 things - (1) He took one and gave it to YSC or JSM (ehem) who were both on the rickshaw already, (2) he was choosing a better one for himself lol. Either way, I thought it was sweet for HH to call on JSM while they were eating. When they all looked at to the direction of YSC and JSM (3rd photo), you can no longer see KJK in the frame (so Im guessing he went there right away while holding 2 corndogs).

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Fangirl Somina: Glad everyone pointed out how KJK was so aware of JSM's fangirling of JH. 1st and 2nd photo shows KJK proudly saying that he was the first celebrity she ever liked. Ok, I get it, KJK was JSM's secret santa and he's really supposed to be chatty for JSM but this was a real fangirl story and it's interesting how much he knows about it. 3rd photo is JH looking at KJK intently after the latter was strongly attesting to JSM's fangirl story. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Santa Kook: I find JSM's reaction here very amusing. Of course KJK had to "exaggerate" as he's her secret santa but it's interesting how JSM looked at the staff first when she noticed something was unusual with KJK's interaction with her instead of looking at the members. She clearly did it out of impulse as if to indirectly ask "Is it ok to be like this towards me?" Lol. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Detective JSM: This was funny and fishy at the same time. They were talking about ChaeYeon/JinSook and I felt how Somin probed about everything - almost sounding like an investigating GF. haha.. Im suprised and well, grateful that they didn't edit this out but you can really see that JSM was the only one who paid the most attention to the story and KJK explaining to her how nothing happened after filming and no drinks. haha. The most fishy part is when he was about to be pissed/annoyed with JSM's teasing(Photo 6), he seemed to have stopped himself right away and changed tones from photos 7-9. He became very gentle while explaining that CY/JS was still in highschool back then. Look at those smiles and JSM's giggles as if she's saying (of course you can't be mad at me). He's always been soft for her like what we always say. The rules do not include maintaining composure or not being angry, so for me, that was KJK's personal impulse.  The last photo shows how the members around them just had to mind their business while they bicker lol. 

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Teasing about YEH: Ok, hear me out. I always notice that JSM doesn't interact so much when it comes to SA teasing but here, she's was obviously enjoying teasing KJK with YEH. Lol. She had him admit that he saw the edited poster with his face and instead of getting mad about it like he always does, what's with that sweet smile and all?? He said SOMIN-AH twice here in a really sweet and soft tone. He didn't argue with her anymore. Notice how SJH didn't react at all when it was supposedly a good cue to talk about their LL. 

Spoiler

6-DD093-A0-78-C8-4151-A073-C12-EFCF0-C7256-E12-B0-A-639-B-4-AC0-838-D-8-DA6-C463ACFABFCF-3382-4-FA5-AD17-0-A6667-C8-C6-C

Own world: Here goes Somin again explaining/talking more to the staff than the members. Haha, the last photo again shows how they don't care about what everyone says because of the "mission". 

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

BAU: When the secret santas are revealed, notice how JSM gave verbal cues that KJK is done with the "act". In the last photo, YJS confirmed that he's done with it now - why do I see you both disappointed that you're back to not showing interactions again oncam? Lol. Overall, I never felt like KJK exaggerated his reactions towards Somin during the mission even if that was the point. Unlike the other members who were too obvious with the overly expressed responses, I felt like KookMin's banter was truly genuine and spontaneous. This is exactly why others don't like them cause they have this subtle chemistry that will blow all other ships if only they're allowed to do so.

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

Color Red: In this scene, JSM slightly nudged KJK on the first photo probably asking him about the color he'd pick. 2nd photo shows JSM answering for him saying he likes red but didn't mention her OWN choice. And see how she stared at him for while.

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

JSM's dating place: First thing I noticed is how everyone left the seat where KJK is when he was 2nd to the last who went in the bus. Intentional or not, really good to see them sitting beside each other. When KJK said there's a famous spot for bonfire, I immediately noticed how JSM casually touched him and mentioned the name of the place right away as if they've gone there together. That gesture really gave me strong couple vibes! And then the last photo - she said she comes to this area often for a date. Sounds fishy, isn't it? Hmmm.

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Sorry for the long post. I agree with what you all said that this is exactly why other fandoms call us delusional and such because these lowkey interactions/gestures are not something that can be caught by a naked eye, especially if you don't ship them. Haha! So glad I found this page where a bunch of smart, respectful and content shippers gather to share realistic and healthy insights and thoughts. For now, I'm happy that as long as they are. That recent photo uploaded by JSM is I think is originally taken from her phone. I can see how SJH's photo seemed more blurry and YSC's edited but I could be wrong. 

And oh, let's not forget the coffee truck and WAFFLE. Says it came from Running Man family but could be from her man. Remember when LKS, YSC and KJK sent her one and jokingly said YSC just used them so it won't be obvious and all. KJK could do the same too for sure. :) Oooopppsss. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 3

I saw on Instagram the translation to JSM's post about the coffee truck and it implied it's from RM / RM members. The fact that she mentioned 'rainy day' makes me think it's the same day the group picture was taken (minus JSJ) so it's most likely JSM's phone they used. They were all in casual day clothes so I suspect it's not during a shoot. YSC captioned the group photo 'it was my pleasure' so possibly related to the coffee truck?

The waffles part makes me think maybe KJK influenced it? I dunno though lol

RM members came to visit JSM to support her drama but I wonder why so suddenly? It's a rare moment to see them at JSM's work place (if that was the case)

• Like 5

@Lulu lolly First, RM only have one spare ep (this coming Sunday ep). So, they must film RM this week. If not, staff don't have enough time to edit next week's episode. Second, Somin uploaded an IG story on Monday morning with caption "Going to work". She only did this mostly for her variety show work but never for drama/movie work. And her clothes in that IG story match to the clothes she wore on the group photo. Therefore, that group photo most likely during RM filming. Wearing casual clothes for RM filming is normal though. For example, during the talking the whole day ep, they wore casual clothes. While the coffee truck was for Somin's drama filming site. So, most probably RM group photo and RM coffee truck photo were took on different day.

Though I do believe that coffee truck was from specific RM member (either YJS or JK), but not from staff. But just wait for ep that will film next week. If it was from JK, they probably will not talk about it. If it was from YJS, most probably staff will highlight this. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

If the coffee truck came from any RM member or staff (which I doubt as well like what@kyoko22 mentioned above), and if ”someone” truly came to visit her that day, my delulu side of being a fangirl wanted to believe that it could be from KJK and has something to do with making her feel extra special in anticipation of the upcoming talks/articles about the SA LL after that episode of the RM spinoff in Disney+. I wont lie, that teaser really romanticized SA and knowing how many fans they have, it’s gonna be all over internet for sure. Who knows if he really went there to visit her personally you know?? To @Lulu lolly’s point, it’s pretty rare how they’d paid her a visit on set for random reasons?

However, Im sure KJK has already assured more her than we can imagine about this LL craze (if they are indeed dating). If I’d be in her shoes, I’d be uncomfortable for sure (but thats me lol). 

Her caption was a bit shady/generic (visit on a rainy day) except for the thank you and ILY part, lol. It makes me think it was directed towards a specific person. 

Again, it’s just my delulu self going crazy and I could definitely be wrong so don’t take me seriously, pls. But I’ll dream on still.  :tounge_wink:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

@Lulu lolly First, RM only have one spare ep (this coming Sunday ep). So, they must film RM this week. If not, staff don't have enough time to edit next week's episode. Second, Somin uploaded an IG story on Monday morning with caption "Going to work". She only did this mostly for her variety show work but never for drama/movie work. And her clothes in that IG story match to the clothes she wore on the group photo. Therefore, that group photo most likely during RM filming. 

Ah, thank you. This makes more sense because it's such a random thing for them to visit JSM on her filming site at the same time :). That's why JH's caption was out of place with what I was thinking. But still not sure about YSC's caption though. Might need to wait and see that RM episode to make sense of it. As for the coffee + waffle truck, the banners did not make it entirely clear as to who the coffee + waffle truck was from so I guess it may have just been the RM team after all?

@Chasing Felicity :phew: the spin-off thing doesn't really bother me to be honest. It's to spark interest and that it did. I suspect they hyped up SA on RM even more for that reason and then they'll maybe even bring it up on RM after the spin-off episode airs? However, it makes me wonder if JSM will ever feature in a spin-off episode? Giving her track record of featuring on a different program with a RM member (who isn't JSK) is poor, I highly doubt she'll make an appearance. Also the spin-off seems to veer towards being very physically demanding in terms of running/chasing people etc. which doesn't match JSM's style well as she prefers talking more. I could be wrong but we'll see.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 11/10/2021 at 4:37 PM, Lulu lolly said:

As for the coffee + waffle truck, the banners did not make it entirely clear as to who the coffee + waffle truck was from so I guess it may have just been the RM team after all?

This is purely my speculation. So, of course heavily influence by my favour of kookmin. 

1. From the cup sticker, it said from RM family. But when it said from RM, none of the photos on the truck related to RM. All are Somin's beautiful solo photos (displayed at the truck counter). No group photo. No photo of Somin from RM filming. If staff wants to send coffee truck, for sure they want to promote the show too right? By putting anyting related to the show. Somin won a coffee truck voucher in ep 414 and she used for Top Star Yoobaek. You can see how the coffee truck sent by RM staff (Somin's IG dated 3rd November 2018). RM related photos here and there.

2. Somin is not the only actor in the group. LKS and SJH also had their project before but they never receive coffee truck from RM staff. So, why Somin suddenly received special treatment? That is why I think it wasn't from staff but from members under disguise of RM. After all YJS did this for LKS. He sent a coffee truck under the name of RM for Sinkhole movie (RM ep 486)

3. If it was a present from the whole members, again why sudden Somin received special treatment? LKS and SJH also never received a coffee truck from the whole members. From this I conclude it was from a specific individu or small number of members. After all, message at the banner with Squid Game Somin doll quite personal. "Flower Somin is blooming". Flower Somin is Blooming quite unlikely a message by the the members as whole. 

4. My shortlisted member that probably sent that coffee truck is either JK or YJS. Only these two that I can think that fond her enough to send a surprise like that. JK, because he already sent Somin one in 2019 but he dragged YSC and Haha as camoufladge. If he want to send one now, RM name is the perfect disguise. All photos displayed are the beautiful Somin. He won't be that mean as to put Yondu Somin on that coffee truck. Calling Somin a flower is so like JK. Cheesy :joy:.

YJS, because he already did once for LKS.  Even so, I cannot imagine him choosing all those beautiful photos of Somin to display. The message also seems not something YJS will write. He is a married man after all. He also always tease Somin by never compliment Somin that she is beautiful :joy:. So, as a fan of kookmin, of course my bias mind think it was from him :wub:

P/s: SJH also possible. But as said above, I'm a kookmin fan. Hihi. If it was from JK, this coffee truck most likely will never mention in RM. If they do, then we can have our comfirmation. If not from JK, I'm confident they will talk about it.

EDIT: It was from YJS.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1