[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

31 minutes ago, darkzerus said:

right? but it looks like some people like the loveline, when i said in korean variety reddit that it looks fake i was downvote a lot, maybe our delu mind make us look at the loveline too fake?

Lool naa it's not us. The loveline is obviously fake. Some people like fabricated lovelines too so it's okay I guess. And some may have been shipping them before and are probably happy they are given the spotlight now no matter how unnatural it is. Even koreans know it's fake.  Most people's worry is that people will take it seriously and not be able to differentiate entertainment from reality which is already happening. That's why I'm just hoping they put an end to it after the awards and stop lovelines between members on the show totally.

• Like 5

The PD should know fans love their chemistry as family that bickering a lot, like they never run out of ideas to tease each other :D. The loveline is just a bonus, and natural chemistry is the best, kwangmin is so perfect but sadly it can't continue, and than by some miracle they got kookmin but they choose to ignore it :angry:. I know, the other loveline is already occurred but come on how you can be so blind, kookmin is so perfect for the variety show, kookmin journey from 'hating' each other to become friends and know maybe a lover :wub: , a perfect drama for loveline, the real fans will love it because we witness every single episode and see with our eyes how the evolve. Let's just pray the PD will eventually realize it 

Ps : sorry if my english are bad, hope you understand it 

• Like 1

Korean doesnt like force lovelines..spartaace is the proof the power of knetz opinion..they suddenly stop that lovelines after got many critics from knetz..i feel that will be the same with chanmin..people tend to get boring and annoying with scripted loveline..there is reason why kwangmin win best couple..nobody force their chemistry on screen..

• Like 3

Truths about lovelines? Korean netizens vs netizens....

Koreans have more straightforward and honest reactions on lovelines than international netizens. 

Here is a thing about CHAN-MIN loveline--- I am not a fan even though it is skit or not. It reminds me of Monday Couple, which i don't like at all, because they are one sided. It is just me which do not see jokes in one sided love. It is harsh reality and left painful memories.  One had to initiation and the other had avoid or shoot it down. Gary and Somin carry the aggressive role being romantics while Jihyo and Sechan plays opposition and passive. It was funny push and pull skits. Gary and Somin are very romantic kind while Sechan and Jihyo are of wanting to keep it to themselves. It makes it interesting to watch. The thing is that, it hurts Jihyo's off screen romance. They found out Jihyo dating with CEO of an agency. The comments didn't go well. Jihyo broke up with her boyfriend later on. Running man said it is okay to get married outside of show but continue to be a member. I think they are referring to Jihyo. Then later on, Gary left the show. It left painful mark on Monday Couple's revelation. It started to shift attention to Spartace. Spartace is a problem because two of them are similar. I think Jong Kook at that time do not want to reveal his romantic side that would ruin his tough image for running man. I think he is building up his interest with Jihyo off screen according to fortune teller's high compatibility for both of them. However Jihyo is not a big fan to act it out for Spartace. I guess they want to keep their feelings separated and protect their friendship off screen. It comes and goes. It was hard on both of them. However, off screen, they really show very close friendship but I dont think they hang out much because of their schedule and bit different. I think Jihyo has her own circle of friends, and very close to Kwangsoo since they both like to drink. 

To build a chemistry like Kwangmin, I think Jihyo would be more comfortable with Sechan to develop their siblings with age gap chemistry. Sechan's jokes seems to bring out Jihyo's gangster reactions which was very cute and interesting. I think it is what Sechan and Jihyo would be more comfortable with each other. Imagine both of them team up for quizzes-- more Blank Ji and Chicken Towel Sechan along with Anyang Tiger Jong Kook or Sly HaHa or Crazy Somin, or even better, Betrayal Fool Kwangsoo. It will be funny to see Jong Kook getting annoyed with them. He was so funny dealing with Sechan in MUD when Sechan couldn't tell difference between wrong and different. That could build it up from there.

Also I have a theory that there may be upvotes for Chan-min loveline, there is a huge Spartace fanbase who wanted to support this idea to protect their ship. That may be reason for down vote when someone comment that Chan-min feels fake or etc. 

Kwangmin is very successful because of two of them are talented actors with good sense of humour and wits. I dont know, but I think they have a lot of respect for each other and their age gap is very small making them very comfortable with each other. They have build a very good teamwork without a push or downgrading on one side. Both of them burn each other same time. I think somin is very good at that. She even do that to Jong kook so well and so many times. Sometimes we can't tell whether they act like bickering couple or siblings rivalry. Both of them are very savage. I think they decided to slow it down because of Somin's fate with kwangsoo as a future husband. They have to end it gracefully and still be in the show together. Kwangsoo move to look after Jihyo more. Somin moves under Jaesuk's wing. He leads her to become little more independent. 

Somin and Jong Kook developed Kook-min started from beginning. Everyone love their cat and mouse dynamics. Their dynamics are quirky, sweet, funny, down to earth, and natural. More like soft version of Kwangmin. It gets more and more intense during tofu scene to Jong Kook's solo concert to SNS message to Somin's mom comment about Jongkook as son in law to dancing for fan meet to asking if jong kook likes somin without any answer. Still they refused to make it official loveline. They kept on focusing on Chan-min when there so many questions and SNS comments when Somin show her onion heart with Jong Kook's response. The comment and answers are so funny. Maybe it would show later because the episode is pre-filmed like the food truck started like few weeks ago. Something is not consistent from members point of view. Sechan's comment on food truck creates love triangle, not loveline. 

I also notice during food truck scene-- somin patted her hands on Jong Kook's arm but her other hand seems to lift up and maybe holding back of his arms or she is putting up against her chest. But she was so close to him like she is putting her head on back of his shoulder. I dont know why she did that. It is so intimate, and no one respond to that. Haha. 

The bus scene when Jong Kook made opposite remarks why Sechan didn't come to sit next to somin. It is very scripted Kim Jong Kook. Why dont you pull Sechan to sit next to somin earlier and talk about it. It seems strange that he is sitting next to somin again. haha. 

I don't see a lot of negative response on kook min from koreans because the PD never shoves it to our throats. Same thing with Kwangmin. I think there are mixed feelings among koreans about Chan-min but they like skits. Sechan is a beloved and brilliant comedian along with Somin, actor and may become a comedienne one day. They did also notice Jong Kook's involvement with hilarity more than fromJaesuk. That is why, it may be reason that Jaesuk passed the baton to Jong Kook dealing with Chan-min loveline with force, and silly ideas. The food truck is really Jong kook's idea. I think Sechan suggested it to bring Jong Kook closer to SOmin in my delusions. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, JialingGO said:

The food truck is really Jong kook's idea. I think Sechan suggested it to bring Jong Kook closer to SOmin in my delusions. 

In the show, KJK is a 'wingman' to Sechan-Somin but in a real life, Sechan is a 'wingman' to KJK-Somin :lol:

But, since when KJK worked so hard to promote other loveline??:sweatingbullets: KJK said in the bus scene "there is something going on between sechan-somin". I'm laughed at this because its looks so unnatural to me.The more he pushed chanmin loveline, more awkward it can be. Then, he suddenly comment on somin ig teasing her about sechan. Even Haha who loves to comment & tease other people loveline don't said anything.This is all happened after that 'jealousy' episode. Why RM don't nominate male-male couple? KJK-LKS bromance is the best lately. Even I Live Alone nominate Kian84-Henry for the couple award. I'm curious to see the nominations of sbs couple award this year. 

• Like 3

Kookmin: *breathes around eachother*

Me: OMG!!! THEIR CHEMISTRY!! Just look at sparks everywhere

Lmao but honestly the only way they can make me leave this ship is if they announce they are with someone else but till then, I'll be here for a while:joy:. The whole Chanmin loveline saga has made us forget how suspicious we were of them after the fanmeeting. Especially in episodes before the loveline was brought up again. In episode 470, in the pictures they took with the owners of their mission spots, jsm is holding KJK's cap in the second picture. His cap was attached to his bag originally in the episode so they must have been playing around and she got a hold of his cap. How cute is that and however did she start holding it. Also in that episode when they were heading to another part of the zoo and thought they weren't being filmed. You could see only both of them walking side by side and having an intimate conversation. The scene looks like it was taken from a drone so that is just a glimpse of what kookmin is like behind cameras and the PDs. This isn't even an old episode, 2 episodes after this they suddenly try to convince us that jsm has been pinning for ysc for ages and is interested in him. Like lol PD-nim, do pigs fly??

We can go to episode 472, the legendary picture taking episode. Not much needs to be said here, he took pictures of her and POSTED them on his ig then gave a twist by teasing her. Lmao those were the good times, when they forgot she had a loveline on the show. Now that the awards is a week away he's teasing her with ysc and he expects me to buy it?? Lmao he's really cute, thinking he's fooling us. 

Whatever kookmin's relationship is, I got to give it to them, they won 2019. Whether as friends or more because their relationship escalated so quick. It's like towards the end of last year it was slowly building, then this year, it skyrocketed all of a sudden. Though this loveline decreased our moments towards the end of the year, they really did bless us in the beginning. Like who would have ever thought kjk would troll jsm on her live Instagram video and behave like a kid seeking attention. Or that he'd post himself taking a picture of her. Or they'd ask each other out to meet up so casually and publicly (on jsm Instagram live and the jongmin MUD episode). Or that he'd tag her in another post unrelated to her just to tease her. Let's not talk about the couple dance and to end the year right, the precious laugh from kjk when he was asked whether he liked her instead of the 'she's family to me' comments. They definitely are my best couple of the year. 

That scene of them walking together in episode 470 just made me realise, that's really how they might be off cameras. All together and chatty, when the cameras come on, they go into work mode and separate. Well not really separate because these days, they are literally almost always side by side lmao. A small price to pay for the loveline I guess Lool or just a coincidence? Might be a coincidence but it is happening one too many times and in back to back episodes at that. Also episode 472 is just proof that kjk really can't scold jsm anymore. When she was failing at rock paper scissors, he tried his best to scold her but always broke out in a smile. Then he makes the same mistake and jsm teases the life out of him, how cute. It was so childish of them and I love it lol.

Naa they need to ban this loveline of a thing on the show, I need my kookmin back. Like all their aired interactions last episode was literally about the loveline, like how exactly did we kookmin shippers offend the PD:joy:. We are always on our best behaviour and mind our business. They should at least leave one of them free but no they dragged both of them into the loveline lmao. We just can't win lol.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

i want to just talk about a few things that bother me as a kjk fan. i know some fans get confused with lovelines which is quite natural, but the way we discuss it should be done fairly.

1. i don't know why kjk should be blamed for supporting chanmin loveline. it is jsm's loveline after all, one in which she is the active partner. kjk is not going to gain anything from this. jsm at least will get a couple award whether she desires it or not. what will kjk get out of it?  if kjk was in spartace loveline at the moment, i don't think many of the shippers would have been as charitable to him. there was a poster here who created a ruckus when kjk spoke a few words to sjh during the anyang fancam and said he is trying to appease spartace fans and bring hate to jsm. so cannot wrap my head around a scenario where kjk is getting blamed for supporting this loveline when he does very less for the loveline compared to what jsm herself has done or what yjs does. yjs keeps saying things that make both jsm and ysc look awkward, but i have never seen anyone blame him.

2. kjk is no child who has to be coerced by other members into acknowledging his feelings. so i just don't get this theory that the whole loveline is an elaborate set up to get kjk to acknowledge his feelings for jsm. he is a 45 year old man and if he has taken his time to get married, there must have been genuine reasons for it. if he is taking his time deciding where he wants to go with his feelings, i guess he would know best since it is his life. i would say the same about jsm too; it is their life, their choices. people also forget the kind of reactions he used to get when he first posted pics with jsm or interacted with her on sns. of all the members, he gets the most hate for supporting jsm because he is part of the biggest RM ship. therefore, to paint kjk as someone so passive that he has to be coerced by everyone to realise his own feelings is laughable. 

we wouldn't have got those beautiful kookmin moments at kjk's concert without him inviting jsm for the concert. i just don't buy it that jsm could have attended kjk's concert without his knowledge because when a female celeb attends his concert, it is a definite sign that she is quite close to him. if he had chosen not to comment on her sns or take part in her insta live or even post her pics, their interactions wouldn't have got this much focus when they were not having any equation whatsoever on the show . 

last year, kjk was involved in a number of lovelines. he had one with sjh because of the fortune forecast and the members teasing them together. he had one with hjy when she became a guest on the show. he had one with ailee on 'The Call' and people were waiting to see it continuing on 'The Call 2' this year. However, he has put them all on hold this year. so, it definitely has been his choice. he also hasn't been spotted with any other female celebrities besides jsm outside the show. the only female celeb he has interacted with on a scale to make people curious about his relationship with her has been jsm. he has been in the industry for close to 25 years now and has been part of some famous lovelines. don't tell me he doesn't know what he is doing when he interacts in public with a female colleague and that too in a way he has never ever done before.

3. i also don't get the shipper obsession with seeing kjk jealous. to some extent, it is cute to see kookmin jealous, but too much jealousy just spells insecurity in a relationship for me. even if two people get married, if there is that much insecurity in the relationship, it is just not going to work out. The way i see some people react to the loveline is this: if kjk looks jealous of chanmin, then the ship is sailing. if he looks unbothered or supportive of the loveline, there is something wrong and he is destroying shipper fantasies. it is just weird logic. if he feels that jealous and insecure every time jsm interacts with a man, do you think their relationship would work? or if jsm does whatever she feels like doing without thinking whether it upsets kjk, would it work? only when there is communication and security can a relationship work. can't people understand that if two people genuinely love each other and are thinking of a deeper commitment, they would have to find ways to be supportive of each other getting past their initial issues?

4. Again, i feel people underestimate kjk's professionalism. kjk has always done what is best for the team not caring how people talked about him. every kjk fan knows the kind of hate he used to get in korean sites in early RM because they believed his bullying character was really him! He had to act as the antagonist because the show needed a strong commander and he was able to convince enough people that he was really a bully, so it ultimately helped the show. cho pd once felt so bad for kjk that he sat down to discuss the negative reactions to kjk's character with him and kjk merely said "let's carry on". rm was crazy popular in korea then and he could read whatever was being said about him and he still didn't mind. 

5. People also forget that when kjk does lovelines seriously, he is able to convince enough people that he is interested in the girl. kjk-hjy won the best couple award last year mainly for the chemistry they displayed in MUD for just two episodes. More than their RM banter, the award was based on their MUD moments which were romantic and warm. Those episodes got the highest ratings that year and there were many knetz who, watching that, wanted to see them date. But kjk has always squashed rumours of it going anywhere. Even with sjh, kjk could have done more to get screen time or even an award. They have so many fans, some of them kfans who have been supporting them for years. i don't quite buy that kjk, with all his experiences with lovelines, didn't know what to do with sjh to get screen time. The obvious fact is he chose not to. in fact, almost all the criticism of the loveline came from korean kjk and general rm fans, korean sjh fans didn't mind it too much since she became more active through the loveline.

If kjk's problem with the loveline was the RM format which can be restrictive, childish and unnatural, couldn't he have invited sjh to MUD where their loveline could play out more naturally? i don't think sjh would have minded so much.  With their loveline,  she has always looked more active than she usually is. my point is that spartace loveline became the damp squib it turned out to be because kjk didn't do what he usually does to make a loveline work. it was not a case of kjk not being able to carry the loveline. knetz found it so artificial because kjk looked so uninterested. so i just don't understand interpretations which take away his agency. 

kjk treats the women around him really sweetly, whoever it be. During his heydays as the king of lovelines, he had a popular loveline with shin bong sun, a female comedian who considered him as her ideal type. we often see see male entertainers treating female comedians they are partnered with quite rudely for the laughs. kjk was never like that. he was a perfect gentleman to bong sun and treated her with respect and affection. that is kjk's style with other women as well. whether it is hong jin young or song ji hyo, when he is relaxed, he treats them like the gentleman he is. if he is comfortable playing the loveline, he displays all his romantic charms before the camera. some of that was evident in his loveline with eun soo last year where he was sweet, soft and manly. however, when he doesn't want to, he turns completely passive. 

6. if kjk genuinely likes jsm and that could be a reason he has put on hold his other lovelines, do you think he would like to see her in a  semi-permanent loveline with another member? it is a cop out to assume he is unaffected and everybody is doing it for his good so as to make him confront his feelings. yes, he may be doing it as a professional who understands jsm's and ysc's roles on the show, but it may not be easy for him either. suppose jsm was in kjk's place here, would shippers have enjoyed it seeing her distressed and jealous when kjk was doing a loveline with someone else? wouldn't they have been more understanding when she had to support it as a professional?

perhaps people get carried away in their shipper worries. many of them are not kjk fans, so his actions may make them more insecure. however, it is no fun if there is no attempt to understand him or the situation. i also fear the toxicity that enter shipper fandoms when people get insecure and one of the biases gets blamed. i have seen it happening with kjk already and that is why i have stayed away from such fandoms. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 5

52 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

3. i also don't get the shipper obsession with seeing kjk jealous. to some extent, it is cute to see kookmin jealous, but too much jealousy just spells insecurity in a relationship for me. even if two people get married, if there is that much insecurity in the relationship, it is just not going to work out. The way i see some people react to the loveline is this: if kjk looks jealous of chanmin, then the ship is sailing. if he looks unbothered or supportive of the loveline, there is something wrong and he is destroying shipper fantasies. it is just weird logic. if he feels that jealous and insecure every time jsm interacts with a man, do you think their relationship would work? or if jsm does whatever she feels like doing without thinking whether it upsets kjk, would it work? only when there is communication and security can a relationship work. can't people understand that if two people genuinely love each other and are thinking of a deeper commitment, they would have to find ways to be supportive of each other getting past their initial issues?

its  like you are assuming they are already in a relationship,  for me i think they are in a flirting stage like both of them have an interest in each other so is fun to see kjk jealous and that he is not losing interest in jsm.

55 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

6. if kjk genuinely likes jsm and that could be a reason he has put on hold his other lovelines, do you think he would like to see her in a  semi-permanent loveline with another member? it is a cop out to assume he is unaffected and everybody is doing it for his good so as to make him confront his feelings. yes, he may be doing it as a professional who understands jsm's and ysc's roles on the show, but it may not be easy for him either. suppose jsm was in kjk's place here, would shippers have enjoyed it seeing her distressed and jealous when kjk was doing a loveline with someone else? wouldn't they have been more understanding when she had to support it as a professional?

again assuming he is in a relationship with jsm and if i remember correctly lks still keep the love line with jsm while he was already dating her girlfriend but because of the rumors that he was dating jsm he decided to go public with his relationship. and if lks was in a loveline with jsm while privately going on dates with lee sun bin dont know why kjk cant do the same when they are not even dating

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rida Live said:

Let's not talk about the couple dance and to end the year right, the precious laugh from kjk when he was asked whether he liked her instead of the 'she's family to me' comments. They definitely are my best couple of the year. 

Kyaaa..those heart fluttering moments:wub:. Can we turn back time..hehe. Whatever of their relationship, kookmin is always be my favourite. 

2 hours ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

i also fear the toxicity that enter shipper fandoms when people get insecure and one of the biases gets blamed. i have seen it happening with kjk already and that is why i have stayed away from such fandoms. 

I just came across the hate comments on ig about kjk & Somin. Now, I feels sad. I'm tired of this. Before, we've only fan wars, now shippers wars too. Both of them don't deserved it.They're not even loveline on the show, i dont know why haters feels so insecure about them.

Somehow, if kookmin are real, I want them to hide their relationship. I can't imagine the amount of hate/harrasing they will receive if they're real. That's why members never pushed kookmin into loveline. This is maybe one of the reason.

I wish all the lovelines dissapear next year & RM interact each other like before. Let's hope RM can win some awards. I really want them to win best teamwork again after all their efforts this year. 

• Like 6

@kookminclan RunningMan I'm not even a deep. kjk fan but I get what you mean. I really don't think anyone would set up a loveline to make someone else confess their feelings. That's shippers fantasy. And kjk receives a lot of hate too. I was so shocked when I found out, he receives comments insulting or degrading him from different shippers. Which I find funny because people really refuse at this point not even can't but refuse to separate entertainment from reality.

Let's stop with the he must be jealous comments too then on here (guilty party also lol). Let's all look at things from both KJK's and JSM's point of view from now on:). I really want peace in this fandom. Let's throw things like insecurities out of the window. We support both kjk and jsm on here, I don't want any unnecessary hate towards them from us because of this ship. Other shippers already attack both of them for breathing around each other. It's fun to assume they are jealous once in a while but let it not be the case where if we see any other reaction than a jealous one, everyone freaks out.

And I'm saying this again but we really need to learn to love the episodes, kookmin moments or not. Some might be unnecessarily cringey and uncomfortable because of the constant bringing up of the loveline but let's not write them off. Even with spartace, i was so uncomfortable watching how forced it was but it didn't stop me from enjoying the episode. Jsm is such a pro that even though she's the one active in the loveline, everyone can see she's in it for business while everyone else is wondering whether ysc really likes her. I understand kjk is the captain of our ship lol:lol:, as it's his reactions that even brought curiosity to this ship so as shippers, we might feel threatened when he gets quite agreeable with her loveline. But jsm herself, the second half of this ship is agreeable with it too so we might be a little bias here.

Supporting them doesn't mean we have to like the loveline, it's okay to dislike it. I for one don't care for it. I only found a way to watch it without disturbing my inner peace because I love the show and the members and they are all hilarious. Hoping this loveline can be put to rest this year because they behave like not having one will reduce the show's life expectancy lol. Let's ship kookmin in peace please. I really hate toxicity in fandoms and try to stay away from it as much as possible because it's draining. Even if we can't protect kookmin from other hateful people, we shouldn't do that to ourselves.

• Like 7

Reading all your thoughts on KJK, I kind of pity kookmin. I do hope that us kookmin clan will no be so judgemental on whats happening in RM. It's just a show and it doesn't represent their every day life. Don't you think its hard enough for them to hide their closeness during RM and here we are adding more burden towards them when things doesn't goes our way. Looking at kookmin moments before chanmin gives me the confidence that they're secure in their relationship. KJK is very dependable, always backing up somin in everything she's doing and somin seems to realy adore him. and that to me is enough. Cause as long as I've been a RM fan I've never seen KJK acting the way he's acting now. And from MUD we know that he'll only change when he found that someone. Let them breath, they've enough hate already from the other shippers and fan. Let us kookmin clan be more understanding and supportive towards them. To me there's only kookmin unless they announced they're in a relationship with other people.:P

• Like 3
  • Love 3

" i want to just talk about a few things that bother me as a kjk fan. i know some fans get confused with lovelines which is quite natural, but the way we discuss it should be done fairly." -Kookmin Clan Running Man

I was going through how we have been through as a fan of Running Man for a long time, and how we came across Jong Kook getting hate, misunderstanding, being blamed, delusions, or etc. Sometimes we forget to draw the line between what's real and what is not. Sometimes, we keep it to ourselves. Sometimes we can share our disappointment but not anger at him or her. 

I have seen some IG (Instagram) fan of Somin and Jong Kook pair, but one of them, he or she has been tagging directly to Somin and Jong Kook's personal IG sharing his or her excessive theories and posts. Even copied and paste from this forum of our analysis, and tagged directly to their IGs. He or she had been really bothersome. I tried to tell him or her not to tag or send to their personal IG. Just hastag their names not their personal IG. I rather have this IG shutdown because it is getting more forced and weird. I was also reflecting how I am fan of Kookmin, and I wouldn't want to end up like that. 

There were times I was disappointed when there weren't Kook-min moments, or pushing Chanmin moments. However, we discuss here and analyse whatever we can to assure our understanding and acceptance. I learned to change my words sometimes or use words wisely. I am only stating my theories, analysis, and opinions about them. I try to avoid to make comparison or etc. 

I was fan of Jeon Somin when she first came to Running Man. I like her sense of humour,  kindness, cheekiness, and unique yet quirky personality. As a woman, I wanted to be cheerful and confident like her. She has aura of kindness and reliability. She works with every member as much as possible. She is a good strategist when Running Man was in a very difficult time. She had no choice to step forward and dropped her actress image for variety and entertainment performer. Some people or haters didn't realise that each member has their own cameraman, stylist, and manager following them around. Some share the stylist (Somin and Kwangsoo). Somin was able to gain more screen time because of her ability to work with members especially Kwangsoo. She quickly challenged Jaesuk. She and Kwangsoo works together to build for the program earning the roles of being female and male version of each other. Screen times are earned, not given. 

Kim Jong Kook went through so much all his life. He didn't get support from his parents to become a singer. He had a really hard time as a singer when his CEO and manager have been defrauding him. He was overworked, and tolerated pain that made it worse when he got older. As his group disbanded, he moved on variety shows, talk shows, and then became solo singer. He went through so much criticism and misunderstandings  especially when he went to his friend's wedding, the one who was banned from Korea for evading mandatory military service. He has a lot of misunderstanding with his tough exterior persona. I have to say that he is no stranger with these stuff shoving in his throat. It took a long time for him to reveal his true side, and his friends explaining things about him. Running Man was the place Jong Kook finally show his real side slowly over the time. He and Jihyo have become closer during controversy. Jong Kook was marred by gout, and back pain. The netizens started to see more and more about him. In MUD, he had back surgery as it was shown in the TV. It was an eye opening for them to realise how Jong Kook went through so much with humility, big heart, and quiet greatness inside his tough exterior. Jihyo has shown Jong kook's strong side. Jihyo and the female guests show that Jong Kook have soft side and protectiveness over them with strength and loyalty. Somin shows other side of Jong Kook, his romantic side with tenderness, understanding, and protectiveness with sense of humour and tease. He was full of love and graciousness. I can tell his ex girlfriends have been his pillar of strength throughout hard years he had been through, and hidden them from the spotlight. 

We have been looking at Jong Kook from Somin's eyes from the beginning. She didn't know his real self. She also misunderstood him in the beginning like all of us. She thought he was tough and aloof. She didn't realise that he was a bigger man she ever dreamed of.  She could be shy. Once she got to know him, poked him, and challenged him. She didn't stop. She did the same with everyone. It is a nice change for Jong Kook that he has taken a while to open up to her for variety sake. Like Somin, Jong Kook also misunderstood her. And after being able to work with her, he realised that she's bigger than he ever thought. She is intelligent, kind, cheerful, witty, and gets along with everyone with different strategies and chemistry. She was impressive in a lot of times. 

I think if Jong Kook chose the girl he loves,  I think he'll never felt the pain of being misunderstood for the rest of his life. He has been set free, and focus on building new path with the girl he loves and building family with her. I think he has gotten better now despite negativity shoving in his throat. He is a veteran entertainer with heart of gold. As kook-min and somin fan, I hope he'll choose Somin, because I think they both will make each other happy, and never ending giving each other with love and joy in good and bad times. Somin can been competitive or opinionated. He'll be amused with her, but listen and argue until they reach the compromise. It is really a joy and balance they could learn and grow from each other. I actually wish i could see that in real life if it really happens for real. =) 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

i want to just talk about a few things that bother me as a kjk fan. i know some fans get confused with lovelines which is quite natural, but the way we discuss it should be done fairly.

1. i don't know why kjk should be blamed for supporting chanmin loveline. it is jsm's loveline after all, one in which she is the active partner. kjk is not going to gain anything from this. jsm at least will get a couple award whether she desires it or not. what will kjk get out of it?  if kjk was in spartace loveline at the moment, i don't think many of the shippers would have been as charitable to him. there was a poster here who created a ruckus when kjk spoke a few words to sjh during the anyang fancam and said he is trying to appease spartace fans and bring hate to jsm. so cannot wrap my head around a scenario where kjk is getting blamed for supporting this loveline when he does very less for the loveline compared to what jsm herself has done or what yjs does. yjs keeps saying things that make both jsm and ysc look awkward, but i have never seen anyone blame him.

2. kjk is no child who has to be coerced by other members into acknowledging his feelings. so i just don't get this theory that the whole loveline is an elaborate set up to get kjk to acknowledge his feelings for jsm. he is a 45 year old man and if he has taken his time to get married, there must have been genuine reasons for it. if he is taking his time deciding where he wants to go with his feelings, i guess he would know best since it is his life. i would say the same about jsm too; it is their life, their choices. people also forget the kind of reactions he used to get when he first posted pics with jsm or interacted with her on sns. of all the members, he gets the most hate for supporting jsm because he is part of the biggest RM ship. therefore, to paint kjk as someone so passive that he has to be coerced by everyone to realise his own feelings is laughable. 

we wouldn't have got those beautiful kookmin moments at kjk's concert without him inviting jsm for the concert. i just don't buy it that jsm could have attended kjk's concert without his knowledge because when a female celeb attends his concert, it is a definite sign that she is quite close to him. if he had chosen not to comment on her sns or take part in her insta live or even post her pics, their interactions wouldn't have got this much focus when they were not having any equation whatsoever on the show . 

last year, kjk was involved in a number of lovelines. he had one with sjh because of the fortune forecast and the members teasing them together. he had one with hjy when she became a guest on the show. he had one with ailee on 'The Call' and people were waiting to see it continuing on 'The Call 2' this year. However, he has put them all on hold this year. so, it definitely has been his choice. he also hasn't been spotted with any other female celebrities besides jsm outside the show. the only female celeb he has interacted with on a scale to make people curious about his relationship with her has been jsm. he has been in the industry for close to 25 years now and has been part of some famous lovelines. don't tell me he doesn't know what he is doing when he interacts in public with a female colleague and that too in a way he has never ever done before.

Hi kookmin fans and supporters and a special hello to kookminclan runningman (or admin as I call her)!

I'm an ardent JSM fan, and I have a huge amount of affection for kookmin too. I was especially enthusiastic about shipping them earlier this year, when their relationship was more ambiguous in my eyes. I was hooked on their adorable, dynamic, mystery chemistry - it shouldn't work, but it does work, and they squabble but they dig on each other too, are they into each other or aren't they? <-- that kind of chemistry.

At a certain point, to me, it looked like they'd connected in a deeper way, and that were involved in a romantic relationship with each other. I celebrated yay! and then I kind of stepped away. Just to give them space, and give myself some mental space from them too. I don't like them any less, but once a couple looks like they're together, I root for them from a distance.

Anyway, I came to soompi to read posts about a drama (Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful), and stopped by here and noticed this post. I'm not sure what's going on, but I really really hope KJK doesn't get any blame or criticism or even disappointment about his reaction to chanmin. I've been really impressed with how playful and silly (in a good way) KJK is about chanmin. To me, it's so obvious that JSM and KJK are coupled up, so maybe I view them through a more secure frame of mind? The fact that KJK is able to so playful about chanmin most of the time shows me that - off camera - kookmin must be on a really secure, strong, confident track.

For lots of good reasons I can imagine, JSM and KJK don't want to go public. Chanmin is a show loveline that the show is pushing, and kookmin can use it to have fun with too. I honestly think it's a way they can both secretly torture Se-chan lol (because they both love him as a friend). It also takes the heat off of kookmin and the pressures a public gaze can have on a private relationship.

Re: jealousy. Very early on, I used to get very excited if I saw JSM and KJK display any jealousy about the other. This was before I saw them as dating, and so it was a clue that they might like each other. But when two people actually date or commit to a relationship, jealousy can be destructive and toxic. Yes, jealousy is  natural and, at certain levels, it's not going to hurt a relationship. But still, these days, I don't get happy anymore about any perceived jealousy between them. In my eyes, when there's an actual relationship going on, jealousy is not something to celebrate most of the time. It's hurtful.

Therefore, the fact the KJK is so chill about chanmin is incredibly lovely in my eyes. It indicates to me that there's a lot of trust and a truly loving supportive connection between KJK and JSM. I'm a JSM fan first, and seeing how KJK is with JSM these days, it makes me grateful that he's that supportive of her, and that he gives her the space to play and be her professional self as one part of "chanmin." He's a self-secure person, and their relationship looks like it's blossomed into something really beautiful.

Anyway, I felt like rambling so I posted. I'll leave you guys to celebrating kookmin again. Go kookmin!

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1