[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

Has anyone else missed the era of chulmin pd over the current one. Lately running man feels so eerily similar to how it felt pre-jsmysc. The over emphasis on storylines to drive the episode limiting the amount of natural charisma and wordplay there could be between the cast paired with the poor editing that makes you wonder if the storyline was worth sitting through. Even the greatest hits episodes have imo not been up to par and as far as a mystery goes for this episode it seems so poorly laid out for people to guess. The best mysteries are ones where you had all the info to know in front of you but couldnt see it to the very end, running man has been relying so much on mysteries but simply gets by on not showing the viewer enough of anything to guess until the big reveal at the end.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TaengTaengoo said:

Nhas anyone else missed the era of chulmin pd over the current one. Lately running man feels so eerily similar to how it felt pre-jsmysc. The over emphasis on storylines to drive the episode limiting the amount of natural charisma and wordplay there could be between the cast paired with the poir editing that makes you wonder if the storyline was worth sitting through. Even the greatest hits episodes have imo not been up to par and as far as a mystery goes for this episode it seems so poorly laid out for people to guess.

I’m not going to bag it but I’m sincerely hoping that he’s doing these episodes to appease the fans that don’t want change before moving on and evolving RM onto a fresher era. :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TaengTaengoo said:

Has anyone else missed the era of chulmin pd over the current one. Lately running man feels so eerily similar to how it felt pre-jsmysc. The over emphasis on storylines to drive the episode limiting the amount of natural charisma and wordplay there could be between the cast paired with the poor editing that makes you wonder if the storyline was worth sitting through. Even the greatest hits episodes have imo not been up to par and as far as a mystery goes for this episode it seems so poorly laid out for people to guess. The best mysteries are ones where you had all the info to know in front of you but couldnt see it to the very end, running man has been relying so much on mysteries but simply gets by on not showing the viewer enough of anything to guess until the big reveal at the end.

I agree 100%, I get that Bopil Pd is trying to give  nostalgic vibes to the viewers by trying to recreate old episodes but it's really not doing it for me. I miss the natural interactions between the members, everything just seems so planned out, leaving no space for the members to even ad-lib or go back and forth with each other. The flow and editing of the recent episodes seems quite strange as well, the rules are complicated and compact. This episode was okay but I don't think I would rewatch something I usually always do, it lacked substance I was watching but I found myself getting distracted often.

I also feel like Bopil PD is heavily trying to cater to the international viewers as they think that the golden era of running man was when they did similar concepts as to the ones he is trying to emulate. Yet, with that said that style of variety show does not fit the current trend, hence why maybe the viewership in Korea is going down. I understand that it must be such a hard job to be a PD in such a long running show but I hope that this reminiscing concept is just being done to mark the 10 year anniversary and not something that continues to go on. 

Chulmin PD got a lot of stick by a lot of international viewers for heavily relying on talking but I 100% prefer that over what we have seen in the last few episodes. The whole reason I watch the show is for the members literally I wouldn't even mind if they spent the majority of the episode just talking between each other that's why scenes like the ones in the bus are my favourite. Even the opening scenes have a completely different feel usually they would debrief, make fun of each other for all sorts but now it's like from the very first minute the games have begun.  This whole focus on storylines just seems kind of old fashioned now maybe it's because I'm older now and my preference has changed. I miss Chulmin PD, I have nothing against Bopil PD but the episodes just feel very artificial now most of the time the members are acting as characters but imo they are the best when they are their candid selves. An episode that is filled with mysteries, with an over emphasis on planned storylines is fun every now and then I guess,  but it looses its appeal and fun factor when it's done literally every week. 

1 hour ago, Rororowyourboat said:

I’m not going to bag it but I’m sincerely hoping that he’s doing these episodes to appease the fans that don’t want change before moving on and evolving RM onto a fresher era. :ph34r:

Fingers crossed that's the case. 

• Like 10

Just now, happysmile89 said:

I just want to add a note: the name So Min in korean means "bright sky" (explained in RM ep 495). Maybe that's why Kookmin have been posting pictures about the sky (often clear/blue/bright sky) :ph34r: (credit to IG Kookminrm4)

I saw the post it was mean to reply the other admin shipper who feel trigger by KJK-JSM interaction lately lol We never say that KJK-JSM went dated together instead of only point the similarity that both of them keep on post eg- Nature , Sky, Cloud, Tree recently Sunflowers and both also like each other post.

We are not desperate to think KJK-JSM gonna post their dating life, also KJK-JSM are not stupid to post about their dating life unless they already dated publicly which is that we gonna hope for their future :P 

• Like 7

To me, Bo Pils biggest hurdle he has yet to jump is his own editing, the editing is still kinda off. Something I noticed recently on a rewatch is he also has a problem with the executing of his ideas, I guess in paper they look good but once he does them is not that funny, maybe that’s why so many games are completely cut out. Chul Min had his problems with editing and being repetitive with his ideas but I did enjoy his episodes more and always rewatched them. 

I never watched episodes before JSM-YSC so is hard for me to fully understand people who want “the old running man”, I understand the nostalgia part since it was probably their childhood,  but at this point tv has changed a lot and it’s better to look at what other variety shows are doing and move the show into that direction. 

The newest episode to me was too complicated and low key a lil boring. The live portion was nice for the fans but literally brought nothing to the table since the members where extra careful to what they were saying and doing. I wish they would’ve done a RM members vs staff or something like that, something that would’ve pushed the members to do teamwork without any type of betraying lol. 

Anyway, I’m done complaining, it was nice seeing our Kookmin talk in the background hehe. Also, why was the preview for the next episode missing? Because of the live broadcast? 

• Like 10

10 hours ago, RM xx said:

Chulmin PD got a lot of stick by a lot of international viewers for heavily relying on talking but I 100% prefer that over what we have seen in the last few episodes. The whole reason I watch the show is for the members literally I wouldn't even mind if they spent the majority of the episode just talking between each other that's why scenes like the ones in the bus are my favourite. Even the opening scenes have a completely different feel usually they would debrief, make fun of each other for all sorts but now it's like from the very first minute the games have begun.  This whole focus on storylines just seems kind of old fashioned now maybe it's because I'm older now and my preference has changed. I miss Chulmin PD, I have nothing against Bopil PD but the episodes just feel very artificial now most of the time the members are acting as characters but imo they are the best when they are their candid selves. An episode that is filled with mysteries, with an over emphasis on planned storylines is fun every now and then I guess,  but it looses its appeal and fun factor when it's done literally every week. 

I too miss the Chul Min PD era these days. i have the same issues as some of you. RM doesn't feel as fun as it used to be. i don't feel like re-watching and even watching some episodes feels distracting. there are some funny moments, but the natural interactions of the cast is missing. all the episodes are mystery-themed and the scripting is obvious in places. earlier too, RM had its scripting, but finding the spy wasn't the main focal point of the episodes for me. even when the scripting was obvious, it didn't deter me from enjoying the show there were other games too and funny banter. the new batch of episodes reminds me of some early RM episodes in  a way with its scripted races  and a big twist at the end, but without all that goofing around that was also there. i have matured as a viewer, so i don't get the same fun out of guessing who the spy is as in the early years. so going back to that premise makes me lose interest.

8 hours ago, HappyVirusRM said:

The live portion was nice for the fans but literally brought nothing to the table since the members where extra careful to what they were saying and doing. I wish they would’ve done a RM members vs staff or something like that, something that would’ve pushed the members to do teamwork without any type of betraying lol. 

the live broadcast  which i was looking forward to was such a let down. they could have given the members a mission to complete with a countdown of sorts. if they failed, everyone took penalty. if they won, they would win prizes. the 10th anniversary theme didn't come through at all. i hope the PD is able to give the show a new direction and not rehash concepts that don't work anymore. even on DC inside, there are Korean viewers who complain that the kemi is not as good as it used to be.

12 hours ago, TaengTaengoo said:

The over emphasis on storylines to drive the episode limiting the amount of natural charisma and wordplay there could be between the cast paired with the poor editing that makes you wonder if the storyline was worth sitting through. Even the greatest hits episodes have imo not been up to par and as far as a mystery goes for this episode it seems so poorly laid out for people to guess.

i feel the same. even though all of them were playing characters in this episode, it was just them sitting around.  they could have used that premise for some funny role playing. 

• Like 10

Thank you all for voicing out my thoughts. The show is becoming too scripted lately. Yes, it's always scripted in a way but now natural banter between the members is less, I miss their lunch interactions especially lol. They go straight to the missions. The recent episodes always have a handful of members just pacing around or spacing out throughout. I still find it fun, the way I adore the members  I don't think they can ever do no wrong to me lol but I was heavily disappointed with the live part. I dont know, maybe because I raised my expectations to high, I just didn't expect them to stand in a line and talk it out lol. 

I feel like Bo Pil PD has great ideas too, but the execution is another thing. And if they rely heavily on scripts, it also constricts the members characters and versatility. The mystery themed episodes are good once in a while but back to back is a little hmmm, sometimes it's nice to just see the members play games and have fun. Episodes like 452 where it was running man members vs crew is still their highest rating episode since the year before. Some of us just watch the show for the members, I can watch them play and banter all day. I just want more of that. There has also been a lot of guests since he became the PD, I love guests but I also want the members only too. I just feel he needs to find a balance. Yes many overseas fans want the old running man back but that was like 10 years ago, entertainment has taken a lot of turns since then and also the members. He might be trying to please them but I hope he doesn't make it the priority. We like chill themed episode too that just consists of natural banter, plenty slapstick comedy and the members having fun.

I do commend him giving giving us more Mongdol. The games look fun too, it's just the execution part for me. I hope he finds some balance soon. Like somin and Jihyo were literally on their sits throughout the episode just looking around lol. Knowing Mongdol, I'm 100 percent sure they didn't know what was going on most of the time lol. And me too, sometimes I couldn't keep up with the findings and discoveries and rules

• Like 9

I was eating a slice of pizza while watching the newest MUD segment. I had to stop eating when Kookie said, “When I go to nice places I think of her” Now... I’m pretty bad at Korean but my understanding is that he said it in present tense, one of he host’s (Jang Hoon) tried to help him out by saying he was talking about an ex girlfriend lol. Anyway, it definitely put me on side, Kim Jong Kook is in fact dating someone, do I hope that someone is Somin?...... yes :evilelmo:

Whoever it is though Kookie obviously has my support, both KJK and Somin do, always! But still, kookmin fighting 

:yay:

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3

I just watched MUD new episode.. JK part so hilarious with SJ married life story. The interesting part was when they enjoy the delicious food JK suddenly said to SJ 'you must be reminded of your wife'.. SJ really choking for real. and suggest SJ to bring his wife there.. 

the thing make me curious was when SJ asked another comedian, if he ever thought of his wife, he said he just did because SJ asked about it. They even said JK was weird and explain they not gonna always think about their wife.  JK then said 'When I go to some nice place, I always think of her' :ph34r: SJ reply 'Really?' (looks like SJ know JK gf) then JK said 'Yes' .....

His mom even curious and asked Who's he thinking of? other moms predict he must have someone. The MC said ex girlfriend. his mom mad why he have to think about his ex,...MC keep saying it is about JK past. (To me looks like they try cover it up)

Based on their conversation, they talk about present not the past. I feel like JK really want to know a lot about marriage life or he might already have someone that he want to get married to. I wish JK someone is Jeon Somin :lol: But i don't mind if they end up with someone else because it's out of our control. :lol:

:yay:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 5

12 hours ago, HappyVirusRM said:

Anyway, it definitely put me on side, Kim Jong Kook is in fact dating someone, do I hope that someone is Somin?

If he has someone, the top candidate might be Somin. "I should take care of Somin", grabbing her hand when the situation didn't require him to, playfully pinching her ears on camera... All these actions, there is sense of entitlement there. As if it is his right to say or to touch her like that. Or if it is other lady, but he still dare said those words and touch her like that on national tv... That just not add up to his character. I believe he is not that kind of man.

12 hours ago, LV.Bae said:

Based on their conversation, they talk about present not the past. I feel like JK really want to know a lot about marriage life or he might already have someone that he want to get married to.

Oh, I also have this feeling. Once upon a time, his reaction was kinda 'close' when people press him to get married. He also questioned how people around him sure that he/she is the right person to get married to.

Now, he took Tak Jae Hoon's words way too serious (about his wife will ran away) and get worry about it. Unless he already has somebody to fill up that wife figure, why should he worry now? If it is a faceless figure, we will not know how precious that person to us. Even we know that person will going to leave us, I doubt we will feel worried right now. So, might be somebody already fill up his wife figure.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2