Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[Caution] Members will be temporarily blinded by the brightness of Soompi Light Mode. Sunglasses are advised.

I'm confused with the episode, maybe because i didnt understand all the hints.

Did they mean Somin or dialogues/characters played by somin? 

Soft voice, likes music, unstylish, health conscious...anything else? 

Also, her message has the order that was chosen for elimination. Lee Kwang Soo, one guest, song ji hyo...etc. I want to know KJK's place in the list. He was eliminated by a guest, not according to her list.

Overall, enjoyable. Happy 500, Running Man!

• Like 3

@YellowDress yes. some of the hints are found in her published book, lines in her dramas and testimonies from her stylist and manager.

But some of the hints are also pertaining to other members as well in the first part. It adds mystery to the race.

I also want to know KJK oppa's place!!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

Also, her message has the order that was chosen for elimination. Lee Kwang Soo, one guest, song ji hyo...etc. I want to know KJK's place in the list. He was eliminated by a guest, not according to her list.

The elimination list:

LKS, Mijoo, SJH, YJS, KJK, Chungha, JSJ, Yoojung, Bomi, Chorong, YSC, Haha. Haha is the last member in to survive in her list.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Amazing all the hints pointed to only one person, its was so obvious until its turn out to be JSM instead of KJK, but the person who solve the mystery is YSC. What an irony :D

I think JSM choose that kind of hint because she knew KJK wont be mad at her as we can see, KJK reaction 'everything going well'

Very understandble person lol

• Like 7

yet to watch the episode with subs but i don't think we should discount the work of pds and writers in creating the game. from whatever we have seen of members designing the concepts, it is mostly the writers and the pds with input from the members. i don't expect jsm in her condition to be fully there to devise all the nitty gritties of the game. it is now that she has started even listening to music; so i just don't see them taxing her that much with the details. she might have helped them find appropriate lines from her dramas and books once she got to hear of the concept.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

there is something i have been observing about the openings now. with the new pd, the openings have become shorter since the focus is on the games which is good since they used to drag them out before. the openings now have a more conventional format where yjs leads the conversation and the members respond briefly. so much of the real conversations in the opening are gone. this was especially striking in the episode where jsm had to leave midway; it almost seemed like the members were unaffected by it except for yjs. we could see from the members' faces during the games later that it must have been a bit of a shock. kjk forgetting that song and sitting helpless was so weird. in the next day's opening too, the same pattern repeated. it seemed like kjk butted in with his thoughts about jsm when yjs was finishing off that conversation. so i think there is more to kookmin than we get to see in the episodes and much of it is because of the changes in the format.

when i watched this episode's opening, i felt kjk had more to talk about jsm. his words are heartfelt and usually his tone doesn't get this serious. he must have talked to her because he says jsm is feeling lonely and then he goes into how bad she must be feeling about missing the 500th episode when he is cut off. perhaps it is also because serious/sad talk doesn't fit the 500 episode celebration and yjs goes into a joke about chatty jsm. anyway, i am glad jsj asked that question so that we could have that kookmin moment.

when yjs calls jsm after the final mission, kjk can be heard saying it came out well as if he wants her to hear his voice. earlier, when someone called, everyone would crowd around the phone and talk. nowadays, i feel the vibe is a bit less intimate. this is something knetz also comment on, that the member banter is much less.

before this episode, the members had all wished her on sns; since the banter is so less in the openings now, less get discussed. that is something i wish we got to see - kind of miss the cast pulling legs and appear more as their real selves. however, it could be a conscious decision as well to make members more aware of their characters on the show. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5

@kookminclan RunningMan I agree I think it would be better if there was a mix. They can show a bit more of themselves but also keep their characters in tact. It would definitely be better due to a few situations where fans would think their characters were how the members actually were. Cho bo pil seems to have decided to go back to how running man used to be, which is not a bad thing at all, especially him setting aside the ships. Though I hope he doesn’t completely stop showing the members bond and closeness.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, PhoenixEmeralda said:

@kookminclan RunningMan I agree I think it would be better if there was a mix. They can show a bit more of themselves but also keep their characters in tact. It would definitely be better due to a few situations where fans would think their characters were how the members actually were. Cho bo pil seems to have decided to go back to how running man used to be, which is not a bad thing at all, especially him setting aside the ships. Though I hope he doesn’t completely stop showing the members bond and closeness.

yes, i hope so too. It is good if he works on jsm's betrayer character when she comes back so that she gets to do more in the more race format. bo pil pd has been very ingenious in the way he gets around drawbacks, like lks' injury. i love watching the old rm style games and now there is more content to the show. 

• Like 4

@kookminclan RunningMan I noticed that about the new format too. But I noticed it towards the last few episodes chul min did. What I find significant is how jong kook still manages to push through or find a way to say what he wants to say. In the episode  where he brought up Somin's book in the opening and was hiding it behind his back prior to that, I think the only topic meant to be brought up during the opening was jsj new channel which was at his request. When kjk brought up JSM's book, he quickly and smoothly transitions from the topic of conversation to how intresting he finds Somin's book. Yjs is seen trying to change topic but he still pushes on. 

When yjs talks about somin again in the opening and he quickly inputs about het being bright and energetic and will soon be back. Now this episode where he cutely hooks arms with her standee. He either planned on standing there contentedly cutely linking arms with her standee or was waiting for a member to notice and call him out on it or both. He goes on about how lonely she must be and how he must take care of her and yjs cuts him off once again and brings up another topic. I find it funny that they have to cut him off (the sparta) when he starts talking about Somin. And though I know he's an absolute sweetheart in actuality and a cutie but the fact that his tough persona on the show is linking arms with a standee and going on about how lonely somin must be and taking care of her is so funny. Kookmin really brings out the 'kook' (in JSM's voice) in Kjk.

Also have I told you all how much I love logging on and reading you all's theories and comments on kookmin? Because I do, makes my day. I mean people posts such intellectually thought out theories on here and all that's in my brain is "Jeon jeon and Kook, sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" lol:lol:

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

I just rewatched the episode where the members and guests had to choose to steal or not to steal items from each other's vans and KJK telling Somin to go to his van and when LKS beats her to it he comes out with a woman's eyeliner. Might be one of the biggest hints to an actual relationship between them we have ever had (?)

• Like 9

Haters are hating today as well , in SBS Runningman IG page for 500th episode haters commenting with their hate for So Min, please write support comments about 500th episode and So Min guys ,this page is important for her branding

• Sad 1

They’re really In their feelings over how much input Somin had on this ep :lol: They celebrated the whole week because they thought they were only getting the Somin standee and that’s it... but it didn’t go how they planned. 

Anyway, @Rida Live it also makes me laugh how YJS or somebody else has to cut off Kookie when ever he starts speaking about Somin! Like, what’s the reason for that? :ph34r: They’re coworkers and friends, why can’t they show closeness? I keep repeating the KJK and standee scene. you guys lmaooo I just find it too cute. 

Also, I’ve read some of the K-netz comments about this episode, it seems they’re annoyed with all the guests episodes, it seems they miss only the cast. Maybe if they did one episode a month with only the cast, that will make people happy. 

• Like 11

OMG, sorry to say, but what a bunch of losers. They must have circulated one message in some anti somin group. So many people posted the same exact message, that too one after the other in the comment section. The new comments are all the same. Well, their comments didn't have effect for 3years, so i don't think SBS RM takes them seriously. 

And my blood is boiling that some people actually have the audacity to criticise wookmin and victimise the anti who sent him messages.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

OMG, sorry to say, but what a bunch of losers. They must have circulated one message in some anti somin group. So many people posted the same exact message, that too one after the other in the comment section. The new comments are all the same. Well, their comments didn't have effect for 3years, so i don't think SBS RM takes them seriously. 

And my blood is boiling that some people actually have the audacity to criticise wookmin and victimise the anti who sent him messages.  

I think so , now they changed  theirself as like ''we dont hate from her but....'' , however they are still same people,

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HappyVirusRM said:

They’re really In their feelings over how much input Somin had on this ep :lol: They celebrated the whole week because they thought they were only getting the Somin standee and that’s it... but it didn’t go how they planned. 

Anyway, @Rida Live it also makes me laugh how YJS or somebody else has to cut off Kookie when ever he starts speaking about Somin! Like, what’s the reason for that? :ph34r: They’re coworkers and friends, why can’t they show closeness? I keep repeating the KJK and standee scene. you guys lmaooo I just find it too cute. 

Also, I’ve read some of the K-netz comments about this episode, it seems they’re annoyed with all the guests episodes, it seems they miss only the cast. Maybe if they did one episode a month with only the cast, that will make people happy. 

Your post calmed me LOL

BACK TO KOOKMIN SHIPPING. :lol:

Kjk always has something to say about her. He looks out for her and I find that very heartwarming. 

• Like 7

With jeon somin’s absence, there is something that is always missing. Everyone is working hard and sometimes get torn in between. It wasn’t an easy job for all of them. They had to be 100 percent even though somin is not there. 

The concept had changed a lot from one director to another. I think they lessen the banter part or introduction because members don’t feel like talking or making banters or taking away the attention or shortening the time. Everyone talks less or shy or felt awkward. it is sort of somin’s speciality. Jaesuk always look for somin to add the spice in introduction. It allows more attention on guests perform or the guest will observe somin’s antics to give them idea to create something out from their persona. Somin also tends to be a very good conservationist. She is always challenging jaesuk. You see Kwangsoo tried to challenge jaesuk, jaesuk was able to tease him to stop. It kind of stopped the whole thing and move on. Somin sometimes will keep talking and acting out to give the guests more ideas and impression to promote themselves with ease. Somin is always full of stories and wits. A lot of people enjoyed it. I usually like members’ banters. 

i felt very strange about jong kook’s role supporting somin. He was so protective, filled with empathy, love, and sensitivity towards somin and her role and her own persona. Without him, gosh, I don’t know how somin will feel welcome again without his additional words. He is like somin’s own happy virus. He wants to make her happy. Jaesuk always felt emotional about somin. He doesn’t express it much. He couldn’t be too biased as nation’s Mc. He has to balance things out.

As somin’s fan, I am very very thankful for jong kook. He has such kindness and understanding that he knows what he is doing. Yes, he felt bad for her but he has gone through it before. Something has to be said. He made sure of it. He is so tender hearted and open minded. He has soft side with tough exterior. It is the real jong kook. People think of him like a bully but it is actually he is protecting the weak to fight off bullies. His tough persona is often misunderstood. He stands up and spoke up when there is injustice or anything that wronged him or others.  It was more than kookmin love. It was full of kindness and compassion between them that  somin and jong kook tends to bring the best out from each other. 

I have came across IG jumping out via hashtag that they act like they hope somin will recover and get better. But they accused wookmin for making things worse that he should keep it to himself. The IG wrote long message preaching that all celebrities have to face and accept all the hates because of the price they pay for. They praised their idol for being so strong in time or hates or etc. And called somin a drama queen and also weak. They felt sorry for her. They said she could have accept the fact she has to have hate and keep quiet. She should have blocked some hate messages and sender. All kind of things. All price for fame like haters are not at fault. They blamed wookmin for dragging their idol’s name. They made my blood boil. What kind of bull is that trying to justify themselves. it has been ongoing justification for themselves and still blame others. Should I argue? No. They kept on erasing the arguments and only have they want to read. It was sprouting more nonsense and self justification. It is so bad that they kept on saying that celebrities should accept bullies and hates. And that is so easy to ignore hate. Even it is okay to send hate to families.  It is getting out of kookmin topic, but to imagine how jong kook have to deal with haters in the past.  And looking at jong kook trying to speak about somin and how he is proud of her made me realise that he has gone through same thing before. He is very protective of people he cares about that he never want to lose them from his life. Somin is one of them. The haters didn’t know how it hurts to receive the hate. They can pretend it doesn’t hurt them since it is the price of fame. It still cuts them and hurt them personally. It is very dark world that celebrity has to pretend that none of that hurts them. Jong kook looks more matured with scars remain but he was able to overcome it. However, it is still an ongoing battle.

there is also another reason that others couldn’t stand up for somin much because it does hurt another female member. Korean netizens know who is it and whose fanbase is it. It is something that members have to be careful with it. Jong kook probably felt it has to be said, and pd and members even allow it but don’t go further into it too much to keep another member off topic.

In sbs fanpage, there are a lot of comments praising for everyone to have more screentime. They can have it. I really don’t care. We can help with somin’s branding by continuing to support her constructively and always full of love. Here in kookmin, shall we all be grateful for jong kook and somin’s great personalities. She wasn’t weak. Her body gave out for some reason. She is still talkative and have been surrounded by wonderful family and friends. Jong kook linking her arm’s standee felling that he should protect her. It is screaming for kookmin loveline but everyone pretends to

ignore it. Heheh. 

belated happy birthday kim Jong kook. Thank you for all kookmin moments! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

"I should take care of Somin." Since when it becomes his previlege to take care of Somin? I mean they are just colleague, right? Hehe. 

I watch old episodes after Somin and SC joined the show to see the development of KJK-JSM chemistry. Before, they never enter my focus. One episode that really caught my attention is episode 364. At this point, JK still wasn't warm up to her and he still in 'ignoring her' mode. 

During the opening, Somin wore orange golf t-shirt dress and she looked very beautiful at that time. What really suprise me is, JK kept on sneak a peek at her. Several times. I was like, wow! It's rare! If it was LKS or YSC, i will not care. But is JK! It is so cute how his fingers twiddled with the box in front of him and he tilted his head and glanced at her. It is such a heart fluttering scene. Feels like I watch a drama. :wub:.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Just seeing him link arms with the standee so nonchalantly makes me feel like somin would link arms with him off camera and he missed that so he did it with her standee (delusions lol). if she can lean on him with his arm around her on camera I think they have more intimate skinship off camera :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, PhoenixEmeralda said:

Just seeing him link arms with the standee so nonchalantly makes me feel like somin would link arms with him off camera and he missed that so he did it with her standee (delusions lol). if she can lean on him with his arm around her on camera I think they have more intimate skinship off camera :wub:

I remember not long ago, Somin linking arms with KJK -as a part of her mission- and keeps walking with him and They looked wonderfully natural. I am waiting to see it again tho.

• Like 4