Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just now, YellowDress said:

Can anyone tell what prize JSM and KJK won? Or KJK unlucky this time as well? LOL

Somin won members signed name tags and KJK, once again, unlucky. :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HappyVirusRM said:

Sbs finished uploading Naver videos and no Chanmin video again... :ph34r:

I still wouldn’t say the loveline is over for good... but it’s a new interesting development :ph34r:

I’m loving seeing Kookmin dancing! Can’t wait for the gifs. :wub:

Hope everyone has a good day.

there wasn't any chanmin today from whatever i noticed.

i have a theory about the line-ups. before chanmin started as a loveline,  the pattern was spartace standing together during the line ups and getting teamed up more. kookmin had less open interactions on RM, they were pretty cautious and even when they had, their close interactions would be edited out. after chanmin started, kookmin started standing together more and they could interact more openly. but then that loveline blew up with all that marriage talk and perhaps they have scaled it down a notch now. chanmin are not being focused much and the line-ups have gone back to the old in the last two episodes.  kookmin  are more cautious, interact less and when they do, some of it gets edited out. 

it has also got to do with the new pd's plans. with more name-tag ripping and games now because of the indoor shooting, it is more action-oriented and less talk which would not require more loveline moments to make it entertaining? pd is also perhaps playing with the members' roles. after long, kjk's sparta bgm is back and jsm is back to her betrayer character. next episode, mongdol are also being teamed up? ysc is doing quite well these days, so don't think he needs the loveline. hoping it slowly gets phased out and wish jsm also gets out of her loveline character because to me, it limited her and with the marriage talk and all, she herself seemed a bit low and lost.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

this was such weird editing for me. seems like kjk betrayed his team leader unexpectedly and won the second place along with yjs. yjs and kjk winning together like this is a rarity. instead of showing the two celebrate together with the first place jsm, we get to see sjh's face and a bit of jsj's face.

kjk is standing behind a table, so it is difficult for jsm to reach him. that is why her fingers clutch on to his shirt and then either she pushes him forward/he moves forward and she wraps her arm around him properly. it is her sleeve because yjs has his sleeves rolled up. then there is a lot of jsm squealing. is this hug so scandalous that it had to be edited out? :D

7ko3TRn.gif

Jz6EZTw.gif

my kookmin observation: kjk's fetish is jsm's hand and jsm's fetish is kjk's neck. :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rahayu Muktiayu said:

Dont worry, just for the fun

I know some think she resembles jsm, but since she is a minor (just 16 yrs old) and some of those are her private pics, request you to delete them. your Twitter account has got so many followers, so it may lead to a non-celeb's private pics being circulated far and wide which is not good. 

• Like 6

Just finished the last episode (496) and i don't care much about Kookmin that much anymore, heck i think there is more chances that KJK might be gay than actually them dating right now :'DDD 

But the funny thing is, i noticed since the loveline ended, KJK screentime is really low. Which is weird isn't ? isn't it supposed to be the opposite ? I don't know i think it's kinda funny if you think about it. 

Also, can we talk about the preview and how freaking beautiful So Min is ? I legit think this is her best look yet on the show.

I definitely think she has a new project whether it’s a drama or another special. In this episode and next episode she seems to be wearing more makeup and she’s toned down a lot, maybe so people will take her more seriously in her acting. I remember many comments stating how they can only see the somin in running man  while watching her newer dramas. So maybe she’s doing some image repairing.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, HydenG said:

heck i think there is more chances that KJK might be gay than actually them dating right now :'DDD 

I am not sure how you meant it here, maybe it is a joke, but while I think you can be disappointed with kookmin’s progress on the show, I think it is not appropriate us as shippers to start commenting of both KJK’s or Somin’s Sexuality. I guess what I am saying is let’s be disappointed in the ship and not with the people. We imagined their relationship and their closeness, thus if you want to show frustration I think maybe you should direct it with the hopes and imaginations we created rather than commenting or joking about KJK’s or Somin’s sexuality. In the end of the day despite our hopes and expectations they shall live their own desired lives. Sorry for long reply, I thought I should comment on this. 

I am a huge Somin fan and I adore her a lot just as you do, but it not okay  commenting about KJK when feeling frustrated about the ship. I think we should try to avoid commenting about a specific person and blaming them for the relationship not moving forward. Both of them are adults and if it is meant to be, they will get the desired results. 

I personally think that Kookmin have been starting to keep distance on the show since the change of PD. As you will notice since the new PD took over Kookmin moment have been edited out or Kookmin are not on the same team. Even the line up on today’s episode, the entire time Kookmin always had someone between the two of them. Even in the same team, they are not allowed to be close together. Thus, if there is anything going on between Kookmin, for a while we will not be able to get any insight (to me that is what it looks like). I hoped the new PD would allow Kookmin to interact freely in front of the camera but it looks like they will be more restricted.

Well, something to be excited about could be running man’s 500th episode is coming up. With everything happening in the world, I hope they can safely keep filming at least up until the 500th episode. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

71203139_1667891490013261_89273448643822

Same colour. Both look gorgeous with this style. Thx Sominee to remind me about handsome Kookie with same hair color:heart:

• Like 2

Hi, Shamos! I commend you and applaud you for speaking up on the gay comment, it’s not okay at all to comment on someone’s sexuality. Ever since I started reading this forum, I’ve enjoyed reading your insights, your a reliable shipper, your posts are always thoughtful. I do want to say something though

this part:

1 hour ago, shamos83 said:

I am a huge Somin fan and I adore her a lot, but I feel in our shipper forum we have a lot of Somin fans that when we get frustrated or feeling anxious about the ship we start commenting about KJK.

Let’s try to refrain from doing the: This fans said this and this fans said that. I know you 100% didn’t mean this in a bad way, but, it did bother me a lil, I am a little bit more sensitive than usual though, hahahah,  with this whole quarantine thing:tears: . I really enjoy this forum being respectful over both KJK and JSM, that includes, but it’s not limited to; calling bad comments or off-putting assumptions about them! I 100% agree on calling out comments getting to deep, but I would appreciate if we refrain from the ‘generalized fan’ stuff. I know you used; “we have a lot of Somin fans” so, you obviously didn’t meant to say ‘every’ Somin fan but still... I’m just trying to avoid this turning into a weird ship thing, you know? :tears:

Anyway, with my feelings out, I wanna say that I’m not really seeing a lack of Kookmin moments, I’ve been very content with what we are getting. Personally, I enjoy a speaking moment (He called her beautiful today!!!!!!) better than just sitting or standing side by side. Yes, I do enjoy the occasional side by side thing but it’s honestly doesn’t sway me if I don’t see them together every waking moment of the show, you know? This episode was enjoyable and the whole dancing thing was a 10/10, I rewind it 2 times just to see kookmin in action again. :D

I may be in the minority here but it makes me extra suspicious when Kookmin moments are edited out, like, what’s so scandalous about a lil hug, right? If they have such a “sibling” relationship, why do they have to work so hard to edit things? What are they protecting, what are they worried about... Hmm...:ph34r: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

26 minutes ago, HappyVirusRM said:

know you 100% didn’t mean this in a bad way, but, it did bother me a lil, I am a little bit more sensitive than usual though, hahahah,  with this whole quarantine thing:tears:

Hi HappyVirusRM

Thanks for pointing that out and I am sorry I wasn’t very elaborate on that 

27 minutes ago, HappyVirusRM said:

I know you used; “we have a lot of Somin fans” so, you obviously didn’t meant to say ‘every’ Somin fan but still..

Thanks for understanding, I meant that the comment earlier and some other fans on the forum seem to be also Somin fans, and when they feel frustrated they comment on KJK as a person. I am sorry, I sort of wanted to relate to @HydgenG since he/she seemed to be a Somin fan as well. I did generalize there (without intending to).  Thanks Again :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi Kookmin thread,

Social distancing and pandemic stress is real. Social distancing also gives me more time to check out some older faded interests of mine - like Kookmin. For good or bad lol.

About Somin fans criticizing KJK. In this thread - at least for the last ten pages or so, I haven't read a bunch beyond that -  I would say the reverse is more common: KJK fans venting a bit of disappointment or displeasure at Somin. Haha's alleged "reprimand" of Somin over the KJK lift. That's not Somin's fault or responsibility at all. Talk to the choreographer, who should've given them better instructions on the basic dance mechanics of lifting. Talk to KJK, who has autonomy over his own the body, and the right to decline such a painful move. I know he hurt his back around the time of the concert, and I so wish he had decided against the lift, so Somin wouldn't have had to take the collateral damage of his decision to agree to the lift. I understand why he wouldn't, and I respect his determination to carry on with the show, but his pain was nowhere near worth it.

I'm a Somin fan, so I'm always going to be on her side. I always see her more favorably when it comes to her interactions with anyone. And I empathize with KJK fans who view their own fave - KJK - in that way.

Another perspective that I strongly disagree with is that Somin needs to adjust her behavior on RM in order to improve her chances with KJK or otherwise tone down some how. I'm sure for avid Kookmin shippers, it's really rewarding to see positive signs of KJK's and Somin's relationship. But that is NOT Somin's purpose on the show. She's not auditioning to be Mrs. KJK on RM. She's there to be entertaining. That purpose to entertain has to be in the forefront and has to take precedent over all else.

I hope Somin doesn't feel self-pressure or outside pressure to scale back her variety persona out of some misguided pressure to please a guy. That would be hurtful to Somin. I think that kind of pressure sucks. The better she does on RM, the more opportunities she'll have. She had the most CFs in her first year of RM, as well as a much busier drama schedule. The variety persona did not hold her back in the slightest.

If Kookmin are dating each other, then they should have ample opportunity to feel each other out as potential long-term partners in private. They don't need to limit themselves on RM for each other's sake.

Also, about any celeb's sexual orientation. Neither Somin nor KJK have made a public announcement, "I'm straight!!!" but since they both talk about dating members of the opposite sex, it's implied. And it should be accepted. It's disrespectful to question someone's stated sexuality.* That's not our place.

*unless they're a politician or other public figure working against LGBTQ rights while secretly being LGBTQ. But that's irrelevant when it comes to Kookmin.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HappyVirusRM said:

Anyway, with my feelings out, I wanna say that I’m not really seeing a lack of Kookmin moments, I’ve been very content with what we are getting. Personally, I enjoy a speaking moment (He called her beautiful today!!!!!!) better than just sitting or standing side by side. Yes, I do enjoy the occasional side by side thing but it’s honestly doesn’t sway me if I don’t see them together every waking moment of the show, you know? This episode was enjoyable and the whole dancing thing was a 10/10, I rewind it 2 times just to see kookmin in action again. :D

I may be in the minority here but it makes me extra suspicious when Kookmin moments are edited out, like, what’s so scandalous about a lil hug, right? If they have such a “sibling” relationship, why do they have to work so hard to edit things? What are they protecting, what are they worried about... Hmm...:ph34r: 

Agree. We've been spoiled with their interactions on screen. Then when these last two episodes we have lack of it, some of us feel frustrated.

But while the interaction is less, the less part that show to us is very precious. JK loudly praised her that she is beautiful. Several times. I always think that JK is a man with principle. And he is not a flirt too. It really means a lot when he praised her beautiful right to her face and for everyone to hear it. And the lady obviously love it:wub:.

The dance part, after he changed place with Somin, he unconciously imitated Somin dance movement while his eyes never leave her. What more precious about this moment is he took iniciative to participate in it. We know these kind of things are something that Somin loves to do. It is sweet of him to join the chaos and even enjoy the moment.

When PD announced that pink team won, they did group hug. JK put his hand around Somin's back but just grabbed JY's wrist (this scene got weirdly editted)

Once again, I agree with you. It is very suspicious when the group hug got edit out. This is not the first time they did group hug though.

• Like 5

So I was really smitten with Kookmin during the "are they romantically into each other?" phase. But when I perceived that they were actually dating, I felt too squeamish analyzing them. I wanted to give them space. I don't like when relatives try to analyze my dating life so I'm wary of putting that energy out there too intensely or too obsessively when it comes to others - even celebs.

I still cheered Kookmin on quietly and from a distance. Too many details make things messy. But I would see vague things about them here and there and react privately to myself.

But now, I'm more neutral on Kookmin or shipping Somin with anyone. She expresses hurt in her dating life. A couple of recent examples. Somin said some really striking things in her radio segments with Kang Hanna.

In her second appearance there, a listener asked about convincing her friend to stop dating a "bad guy." Somin talked about who she considers to be a "bad guy." It's someone who's ambiguous, who won't give you a definite answer yes or no about whether they're into you. It was like a dark upside-down-universe take on her cute, upbeat song, "Confess Already." In her answer here, she was definitive about such a person being a "bad guy" and to be avoided.

In her first appearance, a listener said her bf wanted to stop all contact because a close acquaintance had died. Part of this, I saw translation snippets of, but they didn't translate the entire segment. When Somin heard this question, she choked up and and her eyes teared up. It's a painful point for her. And she said: you know how guys need to retreat into their cave every once in a while for an extended period of time. That when they have a problem, they retreat. So, this is something Somin experiences or experienced, a dating partner withholding or withdrawing from her. And the hurt of that is still raw enough to bring her to tears.

Even though I don't know Somin personally, I react as I would with a friend who's hurting about their romantic life - I respectfully listen and don't try to push them to make a decision one way or the other. Even if a friend fights with their significant other, I don't badmouth their S.O. too severely - unless it's abuse or something really crazy. But for regular disagreements or conflicts, I let them vent and respectfully  let them go on their own love journey. Since I don't know Somin, I don't know whom she's talking about on Kang Hanna's show. It's a reminder that I don't want to put public pressure on an entertainer I like to date anyone in particular, because I don't know the full ramifications of that for their life. It's their decision, and whoever they end up with - if they end up with anyone - publicly, I'll cheer for them then.

• Like 5

KBS Cool FM youtube links to Somin's counseling segments on Kang Hanna's radio show

Timed for the "A Junior Colleague has Fallen for a Bad Guy. How Do I Stop Her?" question

https://youtu.be/EmzF8x_3RtY?t=877

Somin and Hanna roleplay Somin advising Hanna about dating a bad guy. Somin sounded soooo mature. Like a true "unnie". Hanna asks for an example who she considers a bad guy. Somin says: someone who speaks ambiguously. She thinks someone who makes the connection between the two of you ambiguous, unclear is really bad. Hanna asks if someone doesn't tell you properly, exactly then the implication is that it's ambiguous, right? Somin emphatically says yes, that's totally the implication. Someone who says this and that. They don't say "I like you." The kind of guy that makes things vague. Are we dating? Are we not? But if I look at this way, then it feels like we're dating. This is not it.

Timed for "Boyfriend Has Ignored Calls and Texts for 2 Weeks"

https://youtu.be/WZskyt7yB3c?t=887

Somin gives such mature, thoughtful, careful responses. Her boyfriend answer showed how patient and understanding she is. It kind of broke my heart a little. So far, the listener's bf has ignored calls and texts for 2 weeks. Given reason is the bf is grieving the death of a close acquaintance. is the bf trying to send a farewell signal? Somin gives great advice that the listener should just carry on with her life and not keep trying to reach out to the bf. This period of silence could stretch for two years, who knows? Hanna says it's reasonable to expect signs of life from a bf during a 2-week period. But then Somin says if he replies back in TWO MONTHS and the love is still there, then she advises the listener to accept her bf and let things play out naturally. That the bf would be grateful for the gf's patience. Grieving a friend (if it's real) is a serious matter, but two months is a long time to wait for a boyfriend who chooses to cut off all contact with his girlfriend. Somin also elaborates that this situation of a guy going into a cave for extended periods is something she has personal experience with. At the start of her answer she said the question made her throat feel "spicy" as in tighten up.

Usually, I don't comment publicly about signs of challenges in Somin's dating life. But I feel the urgency of making note of it here. As a romantic coupling, Kookmin may work out. They may not. But if it doesn't work out, I can already see the narrative starting to be floated out there that will unfairly paint Somin as having done something "wrong" on RM. That's not fair. A variety show isn't their personal relationship.

Whoever they're dating - if they're dating - they're going to have challenges like everyone else. Challenges that we have no way of completely knowing about. We don't completely know about their joys and happiness either. So, I wanted to push back strongly on the idea of Somin having to be a certain way on RM in order to catch herself a KJK. Noooooo. That's not even why she's there.

• Like 3

I hope everyone on this Forum will continue supporting and loving KJK and JSM individually even if the ship sinks. They seem to be really nice people and have a good bond with each other, which is what i actually ship. 

The episode was good, good airtime for the guests and they seemed to have fun. 

LKS team losing despite winning the first two rounds and having more nametags in the final round. :joy:

Looking forward to next week's episode! I'm surprised shooting is progressing in SK when there are countries which have stopped all such productions. Kudos to the team and hope everyone stays safe. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, HydenG said:

Just finished the last episode (496) and i don't care much about Kookmin that much anymore, heck i think there is more chances that KJK might be gay than actually them dating right now :'DDD 

But the funny thing is, i noticed since the loveline ended, KJK screentime is really low. Which is weird isn't ? isn't it supposed to be the opposite ? I don't know i think it's kinda funny if you think about it. 

Also, can we talk about the preview and how freaking beautiful So Min is ? I legit think this is her best look yet on the show.

Pls be mindful with the choice of your words even though you felt frustrated. It is no stranger for kook-min shippers and other shippers to feel frustrated because dating life is very very very private. It is very unlikely to see it in real life unless you have eagle eyes. We share our frustration here but remember this blog covers both Jong Kook and Somin individual fans. I will be happy if there is more Jong Kook fans are members of kook-min. However, please be mindful to comment someone with frustration. I dont think to comment one's sexuality is something to vent our frustration because we have Jong Kook fans. Seeing how it hurts Jong kook fans also hurts Somin's fans. 

Both Jong Kook and Somin are both very cautious and professional. Their interaction, quiet body language, chemistry, and support for each other is something more real to us than creating skits or skin ship or etc. I was Kwangmin fan for a while. It felt that boat had turned upside down leaving us wondering where we get wrong. It is no denying that Kwangmin has the best teamwork with comedy and skits. They also share very good friendship. 

This blog serves analysis and observing the chemistry and its body language. We tend to be frustrated with lack of it or felt that we want to see it more but it is not possible because it is not how RM works. It would be more fun if we see kook-min in WGM. However, Kook-min are very private, and their dating and love life is very personal. 

I often become more aware of it after seeing a lot of  post from other ships that were so angry at Jong Kook for promoting Somin. This shippers were so upset that Jong Kook went non stop promoting Somin. There were a lot of terrible words to criticise Jong Kook. DO they realise that Jong Kook is not even dating or dating their particular ship? He said he is single. He can do whatever he wants. He is grown man and also a celebrity. He is always careful with the woman he loves that he wouldnt want to expose his relationship in public especially before you get married. Hee Chul turned off his social media after his dating announcement. Even though the fans support him, it is not up to them to like it or not. It is his life and the woman he loves. 

Because of this blog, I have growing admiration and respect for Kim Jong Kook as a singer, entertainer, a gentleman, and bachelor. He is actually one of the most genuine celebrity that has all the things women want. And I also credit Somin for bringing this soft and cute side of him. He looks more active and content. He was willing to dance crazily to make Somin smile. She was so dang proud of him. 

If they are dating or not, they really do have special bond with each other. Somin did all the work earlier, and it is time for Jong kook to give somin a praise she deserves. Somin always said she is his fan of singing. She always ask him to sing. It is like reminding the RM viewers that he is a singer. Not a athlete or muscles. She question his soft side, and it gets cuter than ever. She complemented his sense of humour that he is no longer a guy who can take the cake whenever teasing female guests or colleagues. Somin has some kind of similar humour as his, and they work really well with each other. Her wits had blown him and HaHa away. She is very hardworking. Last year, she didnt get any award, but she works DANG hard for RM earning a lot of screen time and trends. She will continue to work hard, but sometimes she felt like it is not working. That is why I notice Jong Kook now is trying to encourage her to keep her spirits up. The two do really seem to show that they talk to teach other a lot. Jong Kook and Sechan are quite different when it comes to understanding with empathy. Jong Kook seems to have higher emotion intelligence or empathy to read people and how to interact with them. He is doing well for somin and even others too. He reads a lot and likes to give advice. Somin has emotions all over the place. She gains a lot of experience though it. I thought it would be wonderful if HaNa ask Jong Kook to guest speaker with Somin to share dating advice to see female and male version. Male really do have different antics like not answering texts for long period of time or text very little words. Sometimes little words means a lot. It depends on the way men thinks. It is sometimes they are born that way. There are a lot of theories and even jokes about that female thinks way too much. And male always misunderstood. I think Jong Kook will be perfect. He and Somin have very good emotional chemistry even without romance. They two can pick  each other brains with rapport. They could be best friends. But I have to say that the two are both very attractive. So romance could happen. Jong Kook seems to like a girl who has big eyes and rounder face. Somin has big face and known for having big eyes. She is probably little too tall for petite but it is personality that matters. Somin in 2014 mention all the traits she found someone attractive is pointing jong kook. The show is called witch hunt. 

They met four years ago. Somin had to work closely with Kwangsoo for two years. By the time in march 2019, two of them became close like it is just two of them to hang out or chat all day. In Korean fanmeet, they have intimate dance that requires skinship. Somin wrote her book in late 2019. So... it is still early for them to develop deeper relationship they could have wanted for their lifetime. The fortune teller in 2020 told Jong Kook to be more conservative that he won't be having more luck with women or money. He is more stable but he will be more stable if he decided to choose something more conservative. Marriage is one of conservative decisions. But it takes a lot of work to get it happen. Somin's destiny is to be with someone older than her, and cares for her like she is his daughter. 

Jong Kook is now opening up more to Somin. He was there for her in each of the episodes. They two weren't even allowed to have lovelines no matter how obvious. Sechan was always a distraction in every step of the way. Remember in MUD-- they were very careful mentioning Somin no matter  how many times she was there. Jong kook had to be the one to mention her. It is a strange pattern that I actually at first found it offended that they rarely promote her. I mean to say that this show is to promote anyone. Somin is a person to promote, and I wonder why she is an exception. Is it because she is not popular? This show is actually made for unknown or retired or etc to be known again. Somin was sort of pushing away like she is almost a background. Jong kook amazingly mention her during Jong Min episode that she was given a lot of attention. And I find it quite interesting that MC and mothers are very lukewarm about Somin. I mean to say most mothers are interested in anyone is pretty even though they are new or not famous. I find bit odd. But they have reason to edit it this way. I found that pattern very persistent when it comes to Kook-min. There is something quite private about the two. 

So when you vent frustration, please avoid harsh words and comments because it will lead to misunderstandings. We dont know Jong Kook or somin too well.  I am actually sad that I couldn't see more of their interaction even though they want to remain private, and focus on fun aspects of the show. The current episode is funny as whole. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, kirbee b said:

Another perspective that I strongly disagree with is that Somin needs to adjust her behavior on RM in order to improve her chances with KJK or otherwise tone down some how. I'm sure for avid Kookmin shippers, it's really rewarding to see positive signs of KJK's and Somin's relationship. But that is NOT Somin's purpose on the show. She's not auditioning to be Mrs. KJK on RM. She's there to be entertaining. That purpose to entertain has to be in the forefront and has to take precedent over all else.

I agree with you, honestly i deal with a lot of anxiety and depression, but I started watching clips when she became a permanent member and her character and behavior always brought a smile to my face, she’s funny and quirky and so freaking cute that I just couldn’t resist watching the show. She’s unique in her own way and she not afraid to speak her mind, and she’s the reason I started watching the show and I’m glad they added her as a permanent member  ❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 4