[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

5 hours ago, HappyVirusRM said:

Anyway, with my feelings out, I wanna say that I’m not really seeing a lack of Kookmin moments, I’ve been very content with what we are getting. Personally, I enjoy a speaking moment (He called her beautiful today!!!!!!) better than just sitting or standing side by side. Yes, I do enjoy the occasional side by side thing but it’s honestly doesn’t sway me if I don’t see them together every waking moment of the show, you know? This episode was enjoyable and the whole dancing thing was a 10/10, I rewind it 2 times just to see kookmin in action again. :D

I may be in the minority here but it makes me extra suspicious when Kookmin moments are edited out, like, what’s so scandalous about a lil hug, right? If they have such a “sibling” relationship, why do they have to work so hard to edit things? What are they protecting, what are they worried about... Hmm...:ph34r: 

Agree. We've been spoiled with their interactions on screen. Then when these last two episodes we have lack of it, some of us feel frustrated.

But while the interaction is less, the less part that show to us is very precious. JK loudly praised her that she is beautiful. Several times. I always think that JK is a man with principle. And he is not a flirt too. It really means a lot when he praised her beautiful right to her face and for everyone to hear it. And the lady obviously love it:wub:.

The dance part, after he changed place with Somin, he unconciously imitated Somin dance movement while his eyes never leave her. What more precious about this moment is he took iniciative to participate in it. We know these kind of things are something that Somin loves to do. It is sweet of him to join the chaos and even enjoy the moment.

When PD announced that pink team won, they did group hug. JK put his hand around Somin's back but just grabbed JY's wrist (this scene got weirdly editted)

Once again, I agree with you. It is very suspicious when the group hug got edit out. This is not the first time they did group hug though.

• Like 5

So I was really smitten with Kookmin during the "are they romantically into each other?" phase. But when I perceived that they were actually dating, I felt too squeamish analyzing them. I wanted to give them space. I don't like when relatives try to analyze my dating life so I'm wary of putting that energy out there too intensely or too obsessively when it comes to others - even celebs.

I still cheered Kookmin on quietly and from a distance. Too many details make things messy. But I would see vague things about them here and there and react privately to myself.

But now, I'm more neutral on Kookmin or shipping Somin with anyone. She expresses hurt in her dating life. A couple of recent examples. Somin said some really striking things in her radio segments with Kang Hanna.

In her second appearance there, a listener asked about convincing her friend to stop dating a "bad guy." Somin talked about who she considers to be a "bad guy." It's someone who's ambiguous, who won't give you a definite answer yes or no about whether they're into you. It was like a dark upside-down-universe take on her cute, upbeat song, "Confess Already." In her answer here, she was definitive about such a person being a "bad guy" and to be avoided.

In her first appearance, a listener said her bf wanted to stop all contact because a close acquaintance had died. Part of this, I saw translation snippets of, but they didn't translate the entire segment. When Somin heard this question, she choked up and and her eyes teared up. It's a painful point for her. And she said: you know how guys need to retreat into their cave every once in a while for an extended period of time. That when they have a problem, they retreat. So, this is something Somin experiences or experienced, a dating partner withholding or withdrawing from her. And the hurt of that is still raw enough to bring her to tears.

Even though I don't know Somin personally, I react as I would with a friend who's hurting about their romantic life - I respectfully listen and don't try to push them to make a decision one way or the other. Even if a friend fights with their significant other, I don't badmouth their S.O. too severely - unless it's abuse or something really crazy. But for regular disagreements or conflicts, I let them vent and respectfully  let them go on their own love journey. Since I don't know Somin, I don't know whom she's talking about on Kang Hanna's show. It's a reminder that I don't want to put public pressure on an entertainer I like to date anyone in particular, because I don't know the full ramifications of that for their life. It's their decision, and whoever they end up with - if they end up with anyone - publicly, I'll cheer for them then.

• Like 5

KBS Cool FM youtube links to Somin's counseling segments on Kang Hanna's radio show

Timed for the "A Junior Colleague has Fallen for a Bad Guy. How Do I Stop Her?" question

https://youtu.be/EmzF8x_3RtY?t=877

Somin and Hanna roleplay Somin advising Hanna about dating a bad guy. Somin sounded soooo mature. Like a true "unnie". Hanna asks for an example who she considers a bad guy. Somin says: someone who speaks ambiguously. She thinks someone who makes the connection between the two of you ambiguous, unclear is really bad. Hanna asks if someone doesn't tell you properly, exactly then the implication is that it's ambiguous, right? Somin emphatically says yes, that's totally the implication. Someone who says this and that. They don't say "I like you." The kind of guy that makes things vague. Are we dating? Are we not? But if I look at this way, then it feels like we're dating. This is not it.

Timed for "Boyfriend Has Ignored Calls and Texts for 2 Weeks"

https://youtu.be/WZskyt7yB3c?t=887

Somin gives such mature, thoughtful, careful responses. Her boyfriend answer showed how patient and understanding she is. It kind of broke my heart a little. So far, the listener's bf has ignored calls and texts for 2 weeks. Given reason is the bf is grieving the death of a close acquaintance. is the bf trying to send a farewell signal? Somin gives great advice that the listener should just carry on with her life and not keep trying to reach out to the bf. This period of silence could stretch for two years, who knows? Hanna says it's reasonable to expect signs of life from a bf during a 2-week period. But then Somin says if he replies back in TWO MONTHS and the love is still there, then she advises the listener to accept her bf and let things play out naturally. That the bf would be grateful for the gf's patience. Grieving a friend (if it's real) is a serious matter, but two months is a long time to wait for a boyfriend who chooses to cut off all contact with his girlfriend. Somin also elaborates that this situation of a guy going into a cave for extended periods is something she has personal experience with. At the start of her answer she said the question made her throat feel "spicy" as in tighten up.

Usually, I don't comment publicly about signs of challenges in Somin's dating life. But I feel the urgency of making note of it here. As a romantic coupling, Kookmin may work out. They may not. But if it doesn't work out, I can already see the narrative starting to be floated out there that will unfairly paint Somin as having done something "wrong" on RM. That's not fair. A variety show isn't their personal relationship.

Whoever they're dating - if they're dating - they're going to have challenges like everyone else. Challenges that we have no way of completely knowing about. We don't completely know about their joys and happiness either. So, I wanted to push back strongly on the idea of Somin having to be a certain way on RM in order to catch herself a KJK. Noooooo. That's not even why she's there.

• Like 3

I hope everyone on this Forum will continue supporting and loving KJK and JSM individually even if the ship sinks. They seem to be really nice people and have a good bond with each other, which is what i actually ship. 

The episode was good, good airtime for the guests and they seemed to have fun. 

LKS team losing despite winning the first two rounds and having more nametags in the final round. :joy:

Looking forward to next week's episode! I'm surprised shooting is progressing in SK when there are countries which have stopped all such productions. Kudos to the team and hope everyone stays safe. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, HydenG said:

Just finished the last episode (496) and i don't care much about Kookmin that much anymore, heck i think there is more chances that KJK might be gay than actually them dating right now :'DDD 

But the funny thing is, i noticed since the loveline ended, KJK screentime is really low. Which is weird isn't ? isn't it supposed to be the opposite ? I don't know i think it's kinda funny if you think about it. 

Also, can we talk about the preview and how freaking beautiful So Min is ? I legit think this is her best look yet on the show.

Pls be mindful with the choice of your words even though you felt frustrated. It is no stranger for kook-min shippers and other shippers to feel frustrated because dating life is very very very private. It is very unlikely to see it in real life unless you have eagle eyes. We share our frustration here but remember this blog covers both Jong Kook and Somin individual fans. I will be happy if there is more Jong Kook fans are members of kook-min. However, please be mindful to comment someone with frustration. I dont think to comment one's sexuality is something to vent our frustration because we have Jong Kook fans. Seeing how it hurts Jong kook fans also hurts Somin's fans. 

Both Jong Kook and Somin are both very cautious and professional. Their interaction, quiet body language, chemistry, and support for each other is something more real to us than creating skits or skin ship or etc. I was Kwangmin fan for a while. It felt that boat had turned upside down leaving us wondering where we get wrong. It is no denying that Kwangmin has the best teamwork with comedy and skits. They also share very good friendship. 

This blog serves analysis and observing the chemistry and its body language. We tend to be frustrated with lack of it or felt that we want to see it more but it is not possible because it is not how RM works. It would be more fun if we see kook-min in WGM. However, Kook-min are very private, and their dating and love life is very personal. 

I often become more aware of it after seeing a lot of  post from other ships that were so angry at Jong Kook for promoting Somin. This shippers were so upset that Jong Kook went non stop promoting Somin. There were a lot of terrible words to criticise Jong Kook. DO they realise that Jong Kook is not even dating or dating their particular ship? He said he is single. He can do whatever he wants. He is grown man and also a celebrity. He is always careful with the woman he loves that he wouldnt want to expose his relationship in public especially before you get married. Hee Chul turned off his social media after his dating announcement. Even though the fans support him, it is not up to them to like it or not. It is his life and the woman he loves. 

Because of this blog, I have growing admiration and respect for Kim Jong Kook as a singer, entertainer, a gentleman, and bachelor. He is actually one of the most genuine celebrity that has all the things women want. And I also credit Somin for bringing this soft and cute side of him. He looks more active and content. He was willing to dance crazily to make Somin smile. She was so dang proud of him. 

If they are dating or not, they really do have special bond with each other. Somin did all the work earlier, and it is time for Jong kook to give somin a praise she deserves. Somin always said she is his fan of singing. She always ask him to sing. It is like reminding the RM viewers that he is a singer. Not a athlete or muscles. She question his soft side, and it gets cuter than ever. She complemented his sense of humour that he is no longer a guy who can take the cake whenever teasing female guests or colleagues. Somin has some kind of similar humour as his, and they work really well with each other. Her wits had blown him and HaHa away. She is very hardworking. Last year, she didnt get any award, but she works DANG hard for RM earning a lot of screen time and trends. She will continue to work hard, but sometimes she felt like it is not working. That is why I notice Jong Kook now is trying to encourage her to keep her spirits up. The two do really seem to show that they talk to teach other a lot. Jong Kook and Sechan are quite different when it comes to understanding with empathy. Jong Kook seems to have higher emotion intelligence or empathy to read people and how to interact with them. He is doing well for somin and even others too. He reads a lot and likes to give advice. Somin has emotions all over the place. She gains a lot of experience though it. I thought it would be wonderful if HaNa ask Jong Kook to guest speaker with Somin to share dating advice to see female and male version. Male really do have different antics like not answering texts for long period of time or text very little words. Sometimes little words means a lot. It depends on the way men thinks. It is sometimes they are born that way. There are a lot of theories and even jokes about that female thinks way too much. And male always misunderstood. I think Jong Kook will be perfect. He and Somin have very good emotional chemistry even without romance. They two can pick  each other brains with rapport. They could be best friends. But I have to say that the two are both very attractive. So romance could happen. Jong Kook seems to like a girl who has big eyes and rounder face. Somin has big face and known for having big eyes. She is probably little too tall for petite but it is personality that matters. Somin in 2014 mention all the traits she found someone attractive is pointing jong kook. The show is called witch hunt. 

They met four years ago. Somin had to work closely with Kwangsoo for two years. By the time in march 2019, two of them became close like it is just two of them to hang out or chat all day. In Korean fanmeet, they have intimate dance that requires skinship. Somin wrote her book in late 2019. So... it is still early for them to develop deeper relationship they could have wanted for their lifetime. The fortune teller in 2020 told Jong Kook to be more conservative that he won't be having more luck with women or money. He is more stable but he will be more stable if he decided to choose something more conservative. Marriage is one of conservative decisions. But it takes a lot of work to get it happen. Somin's destiny is to be with someone older than her, and cares for her like she is his daughter. 

Jong Kook is now opening up more to Somin. He was there for her in each of the episodes. They two weren't even allowed to have lovelines no matter how obvious. Sechan was always a distraction in every step of the way. Remember in MUD-- they were very careful mentioning Somin no matter  how many times she was there. Jong kook had to be the one to mention her. It is a strange pattern that I actually at first found it offended that they rarely promote her. I mean to say that this show is to promote anyone. Somin is a person to promote, and I wonder why she is an exception. Is it because she is not popular? This show is actually made for unknown or retired or etc to be known again. Somin was sort of pushing away like she is almost a background. Jong kook amazingly mention her during Jong Min episode that she was given a lot of attention. And I find it quite interesting that MC and mothers are very lukewarm about Somin. I mean to say most mothers are interested in anyone is pretty even though they are new or not famous. I find bit odd. But they have reason to edit it this way. I found that pattern very persistent when it comes to Kook-min. There is something quite private about the two. 

So when you vent frustration, please avoid harsh words and comments because it will lead to misunderstandings. We dont know Jong Kook or somin too well.  I am actually sad that I couldn't see more of their interaction even though they want to remain private, and focus on fun aspects of the show. The current episode is funny as whole. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, kirbee b said:

Another perspective that I strongly disagree with is that Somin needs to adjust her behavior on RM in order to improve her chances with KJK or otherwise tone down some how. I'm sure for avid Kookmin shippers, it's really rewarding to see positive signs of KJK's and Somin's relationship. But that is NOT Somin's purpose on the show. She's not auditioning to be Mrs. KJK on RM. She's there to be entertaining. That purpose to entertain has to be in the forefront and has to take precedent over all else.

I agree with you, honestly i deal with a lot of anxiety and depression, but I started watching clips when she became a permanent member and her character and behavior always brought a smile to my face, she’s funny and quirky and so freaking cute that I just couldn’t resist watching the show. She’s unique in her own way and she not afraid to speak her mind, and she’s the reason I started watching the show and I’m glad they added her as a permanent member  ❤️

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Havent yet watch the episode but based on the gifs @kookminclan RunningMan My KookMin observation also say JSM hugged KJK, probably the new PD that why the editing little bit weird?

To be truth, i dont see JSM hugged YJS so it a questionable mark here, JSM hugged both her favourite oppas or the 'Only One' lol   imagine JSM hugged YSC i believed it wont be edit this way plus the member obviously gonna tease these two especially KJK lol  

• Like 2

You can tell there’s some undertones of chanmin in the episodes mostly due to the editors. When sechan does something they often show somin’s reaction and vice versa, while they edit pretty much all kookmin moments out. Seems chanmin is still on the table to be a loveline whenever the production crew feel like they need it, but for now it’s on the back burner.

Im saying this as a JK fan but he has never been obvious with his lovrlines whether he dates them or not in over ten years of lovelines he does them byt its been ambiguous if it was real or not. Dont watch Running Man for proof of this ships existence. You wont find it. Enjoy it for the cast and the relationship between the two members interactions we enjoy. You'll be less dissapointed that way.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, kirbee b said:

About Somin fans criticizing KJK. In this thread - at least for the last ten pages or so, I haven't read a bunch beyond that -  I would say the reverse is more common: KJK fans venting a bit of disappointment or displeasure at Somin. Haha's alleged "reprimand" of Somin over the KJK lift. That's not Somin's fault or responsibility at all. Talk to the choreographer, who should've given them better instructions on the basic dance mechanics of lifting. Talk to KJK, who has autonomy over his own the body, and the right to decline such a painful move. I know he hurt his back around the time of the concert, and I so wish he had decided against the lift, so Somin wouldn't have had to take the collateral damage of his decision to agree to the lift. I understand why he wouldn't, and I respect his determination to carry on with the show, but his pain was nowhere near worth it.

Hi,

If you are talking about my previous post, do note that I did not vent any disappointment or displeasure at JSM so far in all my posts. I do not have anything against her. :sweatingbullets: 

It is not 'alleged' but how I interpret that particular scene. JialingGo had interpreted it differently & we respect each other's view point - it is just 2 different sides of the coin. We did mentioned that there could be possibility they have spoken to Lia but since it is not shown, we never know, so we both decided not to jump to conclusions.

11 hours ago, kirbee b said:

Another perspective that I strongly disagree with is that Somin needs to adjust her behavior on RM in order to improve her chances with KJK or otherwise tone down some how. I'm sure for avid Kookmin shippers, it's really rewarding to see positive signs of KJK's and Somin's relationship. But that is NOT Somin's purpose on the show. She's not auditioning to be Mrs. KJK on RM. She's there to be entertaining. That purpose to entertain has to be in the forefront and has to take precedent over all else.

True, I agree what you meant but i don't think anyone said that JSM is in RM for KJK. Some shippers wished that JSM can cut down on her alcohol intake if possible, but they all want it for her own health, not for KJK. 

Even as KJK fans, we understand that not everything is about him, so we do not say anything that makes it seems like the world revolves around him. Unfortunately, KJK just happened to be a natural magnet for lovelines/lovey moments so many people tends to ship him with one girl or another. In fact, it is the antis who always attacked him anytime a ship sank or a ship rises and we just try our best to ignore the antis.

I understand some may find the ship frustrating, but KJK fans can only tell you to sit back and relax. Because we have gone through this frustration time and again for soooo long each time a ship arises. That's the issue when one ships KJK with any female celebs.  :joy:

8 hours ago, YellowDress said:

I hope everyone on this Forum will continue supporting and loving KJK and JSM individually even if the ship sinks. They seem to be really nice people and have a good bond with each other, which is what i actually ship.

Agreed. Should they find their own better halves and still continue with RM, I believe most of us will ship them and their chemistry. :blush:

Thanks.

Edited by AB_fan
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, AB_fan said:

True, I agree what you meant but i don't think anyone said that JSM is in RM for KJK. Some shippers wished that JSM can cut down on her alcohol intake if possible, but they all want it for her own health, not for KJK. 

I agree, but remember in knowing brother eps 86, Jongkook oppa drinking too . 

https://twitter.com/kookminrm/status/1243444531325886465?s=19

nb: Thank you for admin kookminrm to delete a foto Somin with non celebrity

thank you @shamos83 for that. i guess it is the circumstances which make us insecure and hopefully, we will all come back to a better perspective when we realise that.

as for kjk being gay, there has been a lot of jokes about that. :D i think cha tae hyun, the lovable rascal, once tried to spread that rumor. the other rumor cth spread was about kjk having a gf in LA which haha recently updated to include a secret daughter. kjk has himself joked about people misunderstanding his sexual orientation. he once said he used to meet lks five times a week and then asked people not to misunderstand their relationship. :P  when kjk wanted ysc to choose him over mongdol, even haha recently joked that it seemed like kjk wanted a closer relationship with ysc than that of a dongsaeng. 

i do see this theory coming up a lot in youtube comments. people will be wondering why kjk is not getting married and there would be that one comment which says 'he is still in the closet'. it is annoying, but i guess it comes from kjk's decision to keep his relationships  private. so if it helps him keep his private life private, it is an easy price to pay. 

i honestly wonder why people got so worried watching last episode. i thought kookmin were having a very embarrassing (for others) mutual appreciation society. so yjs and jsj say neutral things like 'jsm is looking like she is on a spring day picnic' and 'she looks like a freshman' and kjk goes 'somin is so pretty today', 'look at her beautiful smile' and ysc has to tell her none of the guys are interested in her smile. then kjk asks 'why are they so distracted?' as if he is offended the guys can't appreciate jsm's beautiful smile. :D he is also the first to notice she has worn light make-up. kjk used to say he doesn't like women wearing much make-up, but when jsm wears light make-up, he is all 'you are so beautiful today'. how is a girl not supposed to dress up after that? jsm comes out as a total hottie next episode. now what will kjk say? i definitely don't think jsm cared a bit what the other guys thought about her because she was just glowing there after hearing all the compliments. i also found one of the guests cracking a smile and i wonder if it was after he spotted kjk's adoring expression. jsm has to be told by the members that it is the male guests she is supposed to care about. when she has to rank her beauty, he says she has to rank herself higher.

when it comes to kjk bragging about being a noona magnet, jsm says with honey eyes 'that totally suits you', 'you were at another level'.  how embarrassing for the others! 

kookmin so proud of each other's desirability. :P

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

52 minutes ago, Rahayu Muktiayu said:

I agree, but remember in knowing brother eps 86, Jongkook oppa drinking too.

He was talking about the time when he was kicked out of Running Man. Cha Tae Hyun then mentioned on 2D1N that Jong Kook called him up in the middle of the night and asked him to meet up.

In general, Jong Kook doesn't really drink unless it's a special occasion or he's feeling sad. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kat28 said:

I agree with you, honestly i deal with a lot of anxiety and depression, but I started watching clips when she became a permanent member and her character and behavior always brought a smile to my face, she’s funny and quirky and so freaking cute that I just couldn’t resist watching the show. She’s unique in her own way and she not afraid to speak her mind, and she’s the reason I started watching the show and I’m glad they added her as a permanent member  ❤️

Yes. I want Jeon Somin to be free to be who she wants to be. Whatever and whoever that is. It actually hurts my heart when RM viewers want her to tone down. They imply there was something wrong with her in her earliest time on RM. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her. She was and is wonderful. At the start, she had a lot more nervous energy because being a full-time permanent member of RM is a huge fricken deal and an amazing opportunity, and she was trying so hard to contribute and do a good job. She has a lot more self-assurance on the show now.

And, like any human being, she's going to evolve. Like yesterday's episode, she makes that wry, knowing, slightly cynical joke to the guests. "Noona's got some big years on you guys [is a lot older.] Recognize!" That joke would've been unnecessary and wouldn't have made as much sense when she first started on the show.

Personally, I don't want to dictate how Jeon Somin should play on the show. RM is about silliness, conflict, playing, having fun, going to extremes over MacGuffin-like prizes/penalties. The joy of loving Somin is enjoying the unexpected. So, as a fan, I want to give her the space to be how and who she wants, to look how she wants, to perform how she wants.

2 hours ago, AB_fan said:

Hi,

If you are talking about my previous post, do note that I did not vent any disappointment or displeasure at JSM so far in all my posts. I do not have anything against her. :sweatingbullets: 

It is not 'alleged' but how I interpret that particular scene. JialingGo had interpreted it differently & we respect each other's view point - it is just 2 different sides of the coin. We did mentioned that there could be possibility they have spoken to Lia but since it is not shown, we never know, so we both decided not to jump to conclusions.

Even as KJK fans, we understand that not everything is about him, so we do not say anything that makes it seems like the world revolves around him. Unfortunately, KJK just happened to be a natural magnet for lovelines/lovey moments so many people tends to ship him with one girl or another. In fact, it is the antis who always attacked him anytime a ship sank or a ship rises and we just try our best to ignore the antis.

I understand some may find the ship frustrating, but KJK fans can only tell you to sit back and relax. Because we have gone through this frustration time and again for soooo long each time a ship arises. That's the issue when one ships KJK with any female celebs.  :joy:

Agreed. Should they find their own better halves and still continue with RM, I believe most of us will ship them and their chemistry. :blush:

Thanks.

I'm sorry if the word "alleged" has uncomfortable connotations. I used it to characterize it as someone's opinion. It's an interpretation. I should've said something like "the interpretation that Haha reprimanded..." But I didn't think of it at the time. I also recognize that you were trying to say that Haha doesn't particularly ship Kookmin - which I don't have an opinion about either way. I adore Haha but I just don't think he cares strongly either way. He cares about Somin, KJK, all his friends and castmates, of course, but "shipping"? I don't know. I don't care. But I do disagree with the interpretation that it was a reprimand, particularly since it lends support to the unfair scapegoating heaped on JSM for KJK's back pain.

I understand fans want the best for the celebs they like. I'm not saying you personally want JSM to behave a certain way on the show.

In general, I'm discussing the tendency in some kookmin conversations which frames Somin as the "manic pixie dream girl." It sounds cute, but the "manic pixie dream girl" is a trope in film and TV, where a lively, magical girl is seen mainly as an instrument of rescue/salvation for a  guy - who is bored, uninspired, in the doldrums. The girl's personhood, autonomy, self-respect, her own story aren't what's important. They're acknowledged, but it's secondary to the guy. What's important is to that she "saves" the guy from his situation. She's a tool for the guy's development. I bristle at Somin being pressured into that role.

So, if kookmin doesn't work out, or there aren't enough kookmin moments to feed shippers, Jeon Somin's actions on RM suddenly become the obstacle. They encourage her to change in ways that they think would serve kookmin.  Examples. She needs to tone it down. She's too crazy for KJK. (She's not btw.) She shouldn't flirt with other guys, etc. They praise her when she does things like yield to KJK or seek permission/approval from him to do things. RM is about conflict. Happy conflict. It would be the worst thing for kookmin on RM and for Jeon Somin, personally, if it was her just acquiescing to what folks imagine would make JSM more attractive to KJK. Without conflict, more of their scenes will get cut out. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

18 hours ago, HydenG said:

Just finished the last episode (496) and i don't care much about Kookmin that much anymore, heck i think there is more chances that KJK might be gay than actually them dating right now :'DDD 

But the funny thing is, i noticed since the loveline ended, KJK screentime is really low. Which is weird isn't ? isn't it supposed to be the opposite ? I don't know i think it's kinda funny if you think about it. 

Also, can we talk about the preview and how freaking beautiful So Min is ? I legit think this is her best look yet on the show.

Going to quote my self to explain something, because for some reason a lot of you started misunderstanding me and applying your own thinking to what i've said.

This was meant as a ""joke"" or to be more accurate how much i believe they are actually dating, there was no "lashing out" or anything because of Kookmin or KJK. I'm not saying he is or might be whatever he is nor am i commenting on someone's sexuality. I also didn't say it because i'm frustrated lol so please don't turn it that way. I'm pretty chill about this kind of thing, but i was pretty surpised about how some people took it as i was "insulting" KJK which is weird but i don't want to get out of subject. 

To end it, i want to add one thing: I actually started liking KJK and him becoming one of my favorites in Running man while reading a lot of your comments talking about him, and i legit think Kookmin is a perfect fit BUT i'm just trying to be a bit realistic about the ship that's all. I still love reading your theories and i'm still a believer, just in my own way. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Hi, Hyden! I personally didn’t feel you where angry or anything at KJK, and it’s obvious it was a joke, well at least to me. I personally don’t like making jokes about someone’s sexuality just because I feel that’s something not really to joke about. But I know you obviously didn’t mean it in a mean way, so I’m not even tripping, we good. :D
I guess we all gotta remember that since this is a forum so everything is typed and not spoken, it’s very open for misinterpretation! 
That’s why every time I feel I’m saying something mean I always add a lil emoji, just for y’all to know that I’m no mad or anything like that. I don’t want anybody to feel some type of way because of my posts. :tears:

And this whole speculation over my sexuality because of my dating actually happened to me hahaha imma tell y’all an anecdote about me: When I was about 17 I still hadn’t dated anyone, and in my family it was really normal to start dating at like 13 :lol: . My aunt would badger me with; are you a lesbian? Why are you not dating anybody? You’re so pretty, why are you not dating a man, is there something going on? (I’m not a lesbian but if I was, I would’ve made sure to get a hot girlfriend just to stunt on the ugly men my aunt dates :lol:) ANYWAY lol when I moved to New York City and dated my now ex, my aunt was like; I knew you weren’t! And I was so annoyed, like then why did you bother me so much, lady. Anyway, now she’s soft blocked on Facebook. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@kirbee b glad to see you after long and read your translations and thoughts. you have spoken up for kjk fans before when you needn't have, so i understand you must be upset in some way. i was writing a long post to you but you beat me to it with your recent post. i am sad you have lost interest in kookmin but some of the things you ascribe to us perhaps aren't justified once you understand our motives. you be the judge.

i have never wanted jsm to be just mrs. kjk or drop her 'crazy' character on the show. in fact, we all wanted kjk to be more like her - more easygoing, learn to take penalties etc. you could interpret it as wanting jsm to be just kjk's rescue girl. however, other than the fact that kjk hasn't married yet which may equate to 'the right girl should find him', i don't see him in need of a rescue.  i know some may consider him boring and his variety character limited, but for me, that has much to do with how his rm character has limited him. with all his flaws and he is an old-fashioned guy in many ways, he is constantly evolving. this is just a few years after he was fired from the show he had devoted so much of his health and youth to. he tried to re-invent himself on the show, welcomed the new members with open arms and has constantly supported them. this may not seem that surprising when you have just begun your variety career but he has been at it since his 20s. he has re-invented his image countless times.

i wouldn't have wanted kjk for jsm if i thought he wouldn't value and treasure her. it is not because kjk is hot or muscular, he is from whatever i know principled and surprisingly broadminded. you see a man's test of character when someone close to him betrays him. just like jsm, kjk went through the heartbreak of his partner cheating on him. it was worse in his case because she cheated on him with his bestie. any other man would have treated the woman and his friend harshly. his ex later wrote a letter to him before getting married where she thanked him for not treating her badly even once through the entire process. instead of railing at his best friend, he told the man to break off the friendship first because he didn't have the heart to break it. if jsm gets someone like that who can even put his hurt behind in his love for someone, she would get an amazing partner. i don't know how many would do that in your book, but in my book, very few men or women would do that. 

i do prefer the more romantic kjk of old which is why when jsm came along, it seemed like she had something in common with him. i thought if they developed something, it would be good for both. jsm has gone through a relationship where her partner cheated on her, had been told by her agency that she should get plastic surgery. kjk is someone extremely loyal, knows what it is being cheated on and is someone who wants his girlfriend to treasure her natural beauty. through these years, he must have supported jsm in ways we don't know of and ways we know of. when i started shipping them, i focused more on what kjk would get out of the relationship because there were so many antis out there who thought jsm was the one who needed him. even in my videos, i focused more on his reactions to jsm because if kookmin were ever discussed, it was all as 'she is the one going after him'. if your comment is meant for me, i am sad that is being made out as kookmin fans wanting jsm to be some kind of a savior for kjk. i think many of the kookmin fans do that where they focus more on what she does to him not because we want her to exist just for his sake, but because very few value her contributions for the other members. there are fans of members she is close to who don't even acknowledge their friendship, who keep saying the guy they stan is nice to her because he is nice to everyone. 

i have seen some fans go the other way where they tie kjk's existence to jsm, like he is happy only when she is around as if he cannot be happy otherwise. if he goes name-tag ripping for instance, there are fans who say it is boring without jsm around to make it more fun or soften his edges. i get a lot of delight seeing kjk go full throttle even at 45 because i know how hard he works for it. but then that is something you deal with. you understand as a shipper that name-tag ripping could be more old rm for new jsm fans and too connected with spartace for them. 

as for the toning down part of her character, my only issue with jsm's RM character has been with how her loveline character could be developed. member lovelines do worry me because of the whole monday couple fall out. that is one reason i got super-worried when spartace loveline was pushed so hard last year beginning for i feared things could spiral out of control. when chanmin were pushed late last year as the new monday couple, i got worried for the same reason. guest lovelines and member lovelines are different. with member lovelines, the pressure is higher. initially, gary and to a lesser extent sjh were okay with the loveline, but after the whole dating scandal where there was possibility of sjh getting thrown out of rm, things must have been harder for both. sjh could not even refer to her real life BF on the show probably not to hurt shipper fantasies. with all the cfs and international adulation they got, they had to keep doing it though both had lost interest in it. monday couple ended on the show only after gary and sjh went through some weird medical test to show the viewers that they saw each other platonically. gary had to date his now wife in secret for 3 years and had to leave the show and get married without letting anyone know in advance. so i did worry, partly also because unlike MC, chanmin was created with jsm being the active partner. yes, it is all entertainment, but when entertainment encroaches into personal lives as it happened with MC, I do feel lines can get crossed. jsm is someone who does whatever they ask of her because her job is important to her. jsm is not as bold in her lovelife from whatever she says, so playing a character so diametrically opposite to her, that too with someone she has a wonderful friendship with, might have taken its toll on her. there were jsm's kfans who also worried that if jsm got caught with someone else, she would get a lot of hate. even if kjk were in a loveline with sjh at the moment, i would have worried in a similar fashion if i thought the viewer expectations could get bigger and land him in trouble. if jsm was interested in kjk and was also part of the loveline scenario where she had to play the role of the cheering squad, i would have wanted kjk to reassure her in the same way. 

once you enter into a loveline, it is also the viewers who decide how long it should continue. for a loveline to work, it should constantly give the viewer the belief that it could turn real. monday couple worked like that - there were always questions 'would sjh accept gary?'. fanmeets were sold on forced monday couple moments. sjh and gary  were forced to do things they didn't do on the show like the hyped up monday couple fanmeet kiss. so once a loveline becomes big, it is the pds and later sbs which controls it. hjy and kjk had a loveline on rm, later it shifted to MUD too and it became a big loveline. even on kjk's mnet show, when hjy appears, people still talk of their loveline. yeh, after 15 years, is still asked about her xman loveline. so lovelines do limit entertainers.

if this was just a loveline touted as one meant for laughs or screen time, it wouldn't have been this worrisome. but it always had that extra element of chanmin's personal lives entering into it. i have tried to see the loveline more neutrally after my initial worries. even after the MUD episode, i tried to see it as kjk helping the loveline. but after that bus talk in a previous episode where there was a discussion about haha ruining jsm's and ysc's potential romance, kjk's earlier romance and  jsm complaining that she used to receive texts from byul where she would encourage chanmin to take it forward and tell jsm to make up her mind, i did get the feeling that perhaps the loveline had been taken farther than necessary. of all the years of MC, there wasn't this much talk of marriage. honestly,  jsm herself seemed tired of haha and byul thinking it could go into a real life relationship and pressurizing her about making up her mind. jsm needn't have mentioned byul there and haha looked genuinely embarrassed, so i felt it could have been a genuine reaction. then there was the previous episode where jsj got upset when there was talk of jsm's mom calling up ysc. he looked too agitated and brought it up thrice for it to be seen as as pure scripting by me. that is why i thought if kookmin had feelings for each other, the loveline could end up creating genuine problems. 

after observing the monday couple fall out, i am also not sure if the controls of the loveline will always remain in jsm's hand. from the way jsm reacted when ysc accepted her doll,  i got the feeling she had certain rules about how it should be played. if it was all just fun, then it shouldn't have mattered to jsm that ysc had accepted her doll so readily. but would that always hold? wouldn't there come a situation where ysc will have to respond more positively to her advances even if he and she didn't want to? 

the reactions to the loveline initially in most kookmin circles were relief because kjk getting so nettled over jsm sitting next to ysc showed he cared about her in a non-siblingy way. at times when he promoted the loveline, there was confusion about his feelings for her. that MUD episode when he was unabashedly promoting the loveline confused all of us. then came the next episode where he brought her book  to the set and read from it and when people were talking about chanmin, he kept saying "let's not pressurize them, if it has to, it will". so as someone who used to think they had something going on, i would wonder what was happening. 3 episodes back (though perhaps shot in a month and half's time), there was talk of kookmin making a sudden marriage announcement and suddenly we were seeing things like jsm saying her mom wanted a talk with ysc, haha having a talk with jsm's mom etc. why so serious? for a loveline, it was just too messy. so some of my theories were a result of all that confusion.

just like you think we kookmin shippers limit her, i also thought her loveline character could limit her. jsm herself recently talked about people having a hard time differentiating between her variety character and real life character, that when she doesn't act all happy, people think she is angry. kjk has gone through the same thing where he was identified with his character, where it was thought he treats his dongsaengs like his slaves and that he would always bully lks. he had to be invincible and play the hated villain even when he was a guy with a bad back who had to put in hours at the gym to do justice to his character. even when he would win, some viewers would say 'it's so boring. why do they let kjk win every time?' kjk then went through a spell where he couldn't do justice to his character because he was having severe health issues and would end up more aggressive with the guests.  when jsm was asked to play the love frog repeatedly last year, she once complained that she didn't want to do it any more. yjs then told her that she had signed up for it and she had to do it. so, some of us feeling that one of her variety characters could be limiting to her shouldn't be equated with us wanting jsm to be just kjk's girl. we analyse it in the same way we analyse kjk's variety characters on rm - once you build an image, it would be hard to get out of it. your actions could be misinterpreted and when it has to do with something so central to your existence as your lovelife, it could become really hard. jsm values and talks about her relationships in a way few entertainers do. so to build an artificial variety character around something so precious to her just seemed trouble for me in the long run. 

the other thing you point out is that we are going to blame jsm if kookmin don't sail. i don't think any sensible shipper would blame either kjk or jsm if the ship sinks. jsm may meet someone who suits her more, someone who gets her artistic sensibilities better than kjk. kjk may meet someone who understands his competitive side more. the number of kjk fans who ship kookmin are less than five from what i see and some have other ships. jsm fans will support whoever she ends up with. there have been fans here who have said kjk is not even their first choice for jsm, that they like him because he supports her. most of the kookmin insta accounts are by jsm fans turned kookmin shippers. so i am pretty sure other than perhaps a few of us, nobody would even care if they don't work out. 

i am reading between the lines here and i apologise if this is my interpretation. but there seems to be some indication in your post that the bad guy jsm mentioned could be kjk since he left her hanging if she had written a confession song for him. we can't say for sure who jsm wrote the confession song for. jsm herself says the lyrics were based on many of her relationships and there were some men who mistakenly thought it was for them. still,  if it was for kjk, you have to remember that yjs also told her that he would feel pressured if he was the guy in the song. jsm advised a listener to break up with a guy who doesn't give a definite answer, but that applies to the life of non-celebs. if you are doing a show together where your lovelife is also part of your character, pretty sure she would be more understanding of a guy who cannot make that decision without taking into account its larger repercussions on the team dynamics. even if it was meant for kjk and it was brave as a confession song, that only shows things from one perspective.was kjk ready to make that confession? kjk recently said that his last relationship was 2 years back and i believe that is the one he discussed during the love quiz with jsm. he also said it was a 6 year relationship. from whatever i know of kjk, he takes his time getting into a relationship, but has an equally hard time getting out of it after a break-up. so, if kjk didn't respond to the confession song or was ambiguous in his response, it need not have been a case of him wilfully confusing jsm. it could have been a case of him taking his time to get there where he could give his heart completely to another woman. it was after the rm anniversary that kjk invited jsm to be his guest in his concert where he invited her to perform that song. however, in between, chanmin loveline became huge. kjk was asked about marrying jsm on the show, but it was always in the context of chanmin, where he had to play his dongsaeng's love rival. i don't think it is a comfortable situation to confess your love. jsm attended kjk's concert one day before the awards where it was felt chanmin would win a couple award. so i do feel a couple of things changed there. that is why when all the chanmin marriage talk happened and there was discussion about jsm's mom wanting to talk to ysc, i thought she should wait a bit more for the confession guy if it was kjk. it is not because i believe that jsm can be complete only if she gets kjk. it is because sometimes you can end a relationship over a misunderstanding when perhaps more time devoted to it would help you get out of an impasse. 

jsm still writes about her previous relationships even when she has moved past them. it could be some way of making peace with what went wrong. some of the relationships could have ended because the man was unfaithful or didn't understand her. some could have ended because of things she could have done better. so with all i believe of kjk and kookmin, just feel this relationship can have a future if there is more communication and better understanding of each other. it may be perhaps tempting for some to read kjk as some sort of a cave man who will always control his wife, but is that really him? with all the evolution we have seen of kookmin, it has been kjk who has most visibly changed in my perspective. does jsm exercise more than she used to do? has she stopped drinking? when the female guest says jsm likes playing drinking games, kjk says with a chuckle she is a pro-gamer.  it was my first time seeing kjk interact so much with a female colleague online or even post her pics.  he knows she is proud of her writing and supports her. he not only promotes her poetry, but based on the MUD episode, looks like he reads it too when that is the last thing you would expect him to, when he doesn't have a literary bent of mind as jsm herself claims. it is also a difficult thing to go through your crush's poems when many of them could be addressed to her ex-bfs. kjk likes taking penalties with jsm, praises her lyrics and learns her song to sing with her. he wants a session in his MT schedule to be all about her poetry. for her one episode drama too, he sent the coffee truck though he has never ever done it before for any of his female or male colleagues. that is why kookmin shippers for a long time called kjk the active guy in the ship. 

this again could be my interpretation of what you were trying to say. that part you translated about the guy who goes into his bat cave and doesn't respond for months needn't apply to kjk. it could be a guy from jsm's previous relationship who left her high and dry without an answer. jsm tears up even when songs play that remind her of her exes, so the lump in her throat needn't be about her recent relationship. all the times jsm used to post something sad last year, kjk used to respond pretty fast even when it was in the middle of the night or he was in LA.  still, if he is that guy, he may also have a story to tell as to why he goes into his bat cave. the guy may not write a book of poetry or may not get to talk about his views on love on radio shows, but it doesn't mean he cares less. kjk is not as open about his love life in public as jsm. even when his previous relationships have failed, he has always taken the blame on himself saying he made the girl wait too long. 

i am not saying kjk is perfect, but he may not be such a bad choice as you perhaps think he is for her. or you are judging us a bit unfairly if you think we are chauvinistic enough to think she should exist just for him. it is just that i think kookmin are very different from each other which means it takes more time to understand the other person. my 2018 as a kookmin shipper was spent in mentally addressing kjk and telling him things like 'if a girl gives you flower, you should think she likes you and not because she has a hidden motive', 'you don't flog ladies that hard even if it is variety'. my 2019 was spent in 'surprise! my man is changing and how! look, he is even posting pics of random clouds!'. my 2019 end and 2020 beginning are spent in mentally addressing jsm 'girl, just wait. he is unsure of your feelings for him which is why he is acting so strange. just wait a while longer before you give up on him because he is worth the wait'. that is just me interpreting their interactions.

for all we know, they might be just friends. but since you have always believed that kookmin have something going on, i am sharing my perspective. still, my worries about the loveline remain the same. if jsm and ysc like each other and it ends in marriage, i, like kjk and haha, would support them unconditionally. but if it is a variety loveline and could get bigger, i hope she would take up more acting projects and create other ships to buttress the impact of this one. 

• Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

i am not saying kjk is perfect, but he may not be such a bad choice as you perhaps think he is for her.

You misunderstand. When I say, I'm neutral about [romantically] shipping Somin with anyone, I mean I'm neutral. The only person I'd deem is a horrible choice for Somin is an ex-bf that she went public with, and he was horrible. Everyone else, that's entirely up to Somin to decide. Now more than ever, I respect her prerogative to live her own life, make her own choices, make her own mistakes, own her own victories.

Seeing glimpses of what she does share with us specifically about her romantic life, I've woken up to how little I know about her life and about her thoughts. Just because I watch her shows, check out some of her interviews, I don't know the inner workings of Somin's mind. I don't know what she had for breakfast, what she's doing today. Even as an enthusiastic fan, I know very little about her, and I'm super comfortable with that. I'm happy about that. Not knowing too much about a favored celeb is an appropriate boundary.

So it would be beyond presumptuous of me to say that KJK is a "bad" choice for her. I don't think that at all. Not in the slightest. Whoever she chooses - if she chooses - will be the right choice for her. If that's KJK, great. I like KJK as an entertainer and, especially, as a RM cast member, since I love the show so much. I make no current judgements about him as a romantic partner. I know even less about him than Somin.

But following some of the conversations in this thread, and remembering old conversations that I can relate as background on the more current talk, I do see comments that are unduly harsh on Somin. Criticisms that are unfair - based on pure, fantasy speculation. Criticisms that treat her in a condescending way - all in the interest of furthering Kookmin. She gets so much unfair heat and attacks elsewhere. Yes, I was disappointed to see that here posted publicly. It's all very diplomatically and politely phrased and framed with concern, but the unsupported speculation and unfair takes on her in her own shipping thread were hurtful to read.

And I posted the examples of what Somin shared on Hanna's radio show to highlight how little the public knows about her. So far, I haven't seen those excerpts discussed on any English-speaking Somin fan pages. To urge caution when shippers draw conclusions about Somin's personality, alleged flaws, weaknesses based on well... nothing.

Somin has so much pressure to be a certain way on RM. To please so many competing factions or at least to not enrage them. And here, in this thread, there's more pressure that she behave a certain way on RM. I disagree in the strongest way with that kind of pressure - even if those wishes/suggestions are couched as being made for Somin's benefit.

I thought of quoting the comments I found problematic, but I decided that would be too inflammatory. So, I won't. I'll just say that if we don't know, there's no harm - it's actually good - to say we don't know. We don't have to let our imaginations fill the empty spaces with speculations and draw unsupported conclusions that neg or belittle Jeon Somin.

1 hour ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

jsm herself recently talked about people having a hard time differentiating between her variety character and real life character, that when she doesn't act all happy, people think she is angry.

A note on this. Yes, when she's on set on RM, if she isn't actively joking around and has more of a neutral expression, then people on set wonder if she's angry, since she's such a moodmaker on set most of the time. That's not such a big deal.

And one listener said that some kid couldn't believe variety entertainer Jeon Somin was actually an actor. Somin put a positive spin on that too, saying her being so convincing as a variety entertainer means she's doing a good job on the show. Some folks are going to be confused about that, I guess, as long as she's on RM. That's just a sunken, unavoidable cost. But RM has opened up more professional opportunities for her than ever. Pressuring her to tone down her variety character (which has multiple aspects) is not in her best interests. This is her main gig. We all need to lean into our jobs - whatever they are and do the best we can - including Somin.

@kookminclan RunningMan You've always been so kind. I appreciate how thoughtful and detailed your reply to me was. I didn't quote it all, because I didn't want a wall of text, when combined with my reply here. But I'm so thankful that you showed me the consideration of replying so in depth. I read it all carefully and closely twice. I'm thinking it over. I understand your point of view.

I'm not against kookmin. (I'm not actively romantically shipping Somin with anyone; it's outside my personal comfort zone at this time). I most definitely am NOT against KJK. I wish him well. I don't want to add to any conversation that publicly pressures Somin anymore - that's my personal thing. And I spoke up here, because I do see the start of a critique about Somin as it relates to kookmin that I very strongly disagree with.

If Somin were universally beloved, then I probably wouldn't have said a thing. She should be, but there are pathetic hate factions that burn all their energy intending her harm. I don't want her unfairly and baselessly criticized just because there's a lull in on-screen kookmin activity. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

sjh could not even refer to her real life BF on the show probably not to hurt shipper fantasies. with all the cfs and international adulation they got, they had to keep doing it though both had lost interest in it. monday couple ended on the show only after gary and sjh went through some weird medical test to show the viewers that they saw each other platonically. gary had to date his now wife in secret for 3 years and had to leave the show and get married without letting anyone know in advance.

what in god name are you talking about? sjh couldn't talk about his boyfriend? mc stopped before the news of the boyfriend was publick and heck it was public cause sjh had the initials of his boyfriend painting on her nails. and then she was the one to initiate the loveline again. so you know more than every reporter to know that gary was dating his wife for 3 years? when in reality the only thing they said at the time was that she started working for gary company 3 years ago. gary leave the show for others reasons not because he wanted to married his wife if you watch the episode where they go saying sorry to guest that they treated badly at the last section he talked to yjs and told him the worries that he had. and it was clearly why he left.
sorry for talking about something else but i cant read so much wrong information and said nothing, and mc fans had really good motives to think they were real i means just search gary and sjh pocha picture incident. and then tell me if  any of you see kjk and somin doing that what would you think? or ysc and somin doing that. so please stop comparing mc to chamin loveline is very very different.

• Like 1

Y'all lets chill out. This is a shipper thread, we support both sides of our couple but the essence of this thread is to ship them TOGETHER. For those coming in to say "I don't even ship them", ok fine then go support your fav on their individual thread. I don't see why this is turning into a KJK support thread and a JSM support thread WITHOUT supporting both parties. We like them TOGETHER and of course we'd support them if they ever decided to date other people (as a responsible shipper would) but let's stick to couple chat, less about others. We're not a Chanmin thread, not a Spartan thread, not a SJH bashing thread, etc. 

BACK TO KOOKMIN PLEASE

• Like 9