[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

3 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

Oh god, the Kannes episode. The episode which made me think something is going on between them. They might have been rehearsing for his concert at that point because of which they might have gotten closer than before.

Its my favorite kookmin episode. Lol

it's one of my favorite kookmin episode too ! l don't know why but I felt like what YJS said about "kookmin wedding" was like a wake-up call lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Rida Live said:

It's the kannes episode and that blasted side hug where she leans on him all cozy that stresses me out. I'm like is there more to this or should I just pretend I didn't see lmao.

I totally agree, there were very subtle suggestions about their relationship and subtle actions even during the korean fanmeet that make you go "woah! This means something more than they are letting on." However you have this loveline creeping in which again makes you second guess all possibility of them having a relationship. 

MY POV ON CURRENT COMMENTS AND THE SHOW

Just like anyone, I guess I am very reliant on what is said and happens on the edited version of the episode we see, and I guess it gets very confusing to see the chamin loveline heightened when there was a parallel dialogue and interaction happening between kookmin at the same time. At first there was clear parallel progression going on between Somin's on screen loveline and kookmin real life interaction. However, suddenly when one day Kookmin reaches at its peak and there is a mention of kookmin possible marriage the entire parallel progression stops and we have only chamin prevailing and nothing much between kookmin. 

I would say, I was quite confused at first as to why kookmin had sort of halted their interaction on the show, I don't think I can speculate any reasons as to why, but certainly we have to critique why Chamin suddenly became so huge on the show and even finally land a CF. Not only that but even be the focus on an episode of MUD. I guess those questions lay down the road, and hopefully her coming up appearance on Hana's radio show gives light to some of her progression (relationship wise). Since, last time she went, she did touch on her song and the ambiguity from the guy it was for. So, maybe/hopefully this time she has a more clearer answer for that. 

However, despite all the luck of strong moment of kookmin lately compared to before, I think that is fortunate because less media attention almost always guarantees better/healthier relationship. If kookmin are currently in a relationship (my wishful thinking) I think getting little to no attention at all is the absolute best for them (even though not for us). I have contemplated a lot about chamin, and how it would really affect the members personally, and to be honest my answer as I went through and read comments was that I shouldn't be so worried about their personal life. Lots of people worry a lot that Somin's bad mood might be a result of the loveline weighing on her, but I think it is a bit naive to conclude that. There is a lot of other factors that could be a result of her certain change of mood that could have been not to the loveline alone. Somin was sick in the beginning of the year, throughout episodes airing in Jan you could tell that. And right about now, these are episodes airing when Somin had just published her first book. (Something else to note is that during when these episodes were being filmed Somin had cancelled her book signing event, her book was barely promoted by her agency (I felt this might be reason why lots of celebs helped promote for her). So, we have to be really thinking about other stressors other than Chamin that concern Somin (which she admittedly shares on MUD, the fact that she is concerned about work)). It could be naive to really blame just this one loveline to be the only pressure on her right now as a Somin fan. However, I do feel concerned also as to whether these jokes does affect them in real life. 

Up until now, all I can see is Somin is still willingly participating in the loveline (we could argue that this is due to her unwillingness to defy her seniors but still Somin brings in very personal accounts of her own mother), so I just sort of think that the loveline could possibly be a motivator for her to really get away from real life worries and at this time gunner some screen time for herself. I truly think that Somin is an amazing entertainer but I also think that Somin like everyone else has moments where she is filled with worries about real life stuff/worries that she doesn't want to actively participate to be funny (at this moment watching the show, I truly think that Somin is less motivate to participate not because of the loveline but maybe personal issues, however, I love that she still wears that smile on her face). 

I really do miss Kookmin moments and I think Chamin is being forced down our throat real hard at the moment (not so much this past 2 episodes), but I think for Somin at this moment, (for now) she could use some attention away from her own private life. People can have opinions about the loveline, but I would love it if her actual relationship isn't breached and be compromised. 

I truly love and am a huge fan of Somis who enjoys her antics but these past few episode I can with about 90% feel that Somin has some personal worries and does not want be the center of attention right now, and I feel like a lot of the comments being made right now about her character disappearance and the discomfort with the loveline also show how we do want Somin to be at the center of attention not for a loveline but rather for who the entertainer she is (Somin, has been constantly been trending not for antics but for the loveline for a while, so that could also be an added stresser for us as fans, but I guess we have to remember when it comes to media there is always a reason something trends, it is never a coincidence). I see lots of flags raised about who Somin is dating in real life because I know just like a lot of people we have sensed for a while before even the start of the loveline Somin was definitely having a growing  chemistry with KJK and that has always been questioned lately in light of the loveline. So, giving her space would most certainly help for her right now. I also think giving Kookmin some space could be the most help now.

All in all, we just have to wait for future progression, but this is my two cents

• Like 4
  • Insightful 8

Hi,

@MandelBrot Actually I find that scene more suitable for those who ship KJK-KHN. IMHO, since Switzerland trip, KHN sometimes seems like she wants to know KJK better ;)....It is quite cute, so I don't mind at all. :blush:

poor kjk clarified  that it was weirdly edited by the show's pds and apologised for bringing trouble to yeh. yeh, for which i will always love her, clarified through her manager that kjk wasn't someone who required her to remain popular and scolded her fans for making anti-comments against kjk.  it was then a mess with other shipper fans of yeh who didn't think he was good enough for her.

@kookminclan RunningMan Same here. the one thing that I respect & like about YEH was that she wasn't afraid to 'chide' her fans for being anti-KJK. This willingness to speak out meant volumes since not many celebs are willing to risk losing fans for speaking out against them.

I'm actually glad that he's going back to his unlucky/clumsy character again. If anyone remembers, he basically originated the unlucky character for SBS variety shows when he was on Family Outing.

Family Outing was classic. KJK the original unlucky guy....YJS & DS the original Dumb & Dumber....Hyori the original gangster girl....:joy:

Thanks.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

20 minutes ago, AB_fan said:

Hi,

@MandelBrot Actually I find that scene more suitable for those who ship KJK-KHN. IMHO, since Switzerland trip, KHN sometimes seems like she wants to know KJK better ;)....It is quite cute, so I don't mind at all. :blush:

You know, maybe because I have a major crush on KJK, I feel that many female guests get a little enamoured with him lol. Even Hye Sun in the latest episode. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Hi Everyone.. :kiss_wink:

I enjoy reading all pov about kookmin,kwangmin & chanmin here :D . I feel happy saw kookmin pic & gif :D I hope everyone here will stay healthy & free from COViD-19, It's getting worse worldwide. Is there any news about RM cancel filming? Or they will continue filming indoor? Hope all RM cast free from the virus. May GOD bless everyone. 

@MandelBrot @kookminclan RunningMan @wanderlustanna I love all your gif & pic. Thank you so much. I don't know how to post gif & pic here..

But when I saw KJK reaction from past episode towards kwangmin make me wonder if he already have a crush on Somin.. :ph34r::)

especially this one at 0.11 [Kwangsoo praised Somin why KJK react like that? He's shy? :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Kook-min april IG latest post posted by @RM xx

It is really amazing compilation of Kook-min moments before they revealed to be very close friends. Look at the last picture-- the way he looks at her. It is really sweet. It is one of the episode Jong Kook gave away his autographed CD for Somin, and forgot about Sechan when he said she didn't have long memories with him in early RM days. Sechan almost tearfully reminded Jong Kook forgot about giving another CD to him. HeHe. =) 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, shamos83 said:

I would say, I was quite confused at first as to why kookmin had sort of halted their interaction on the show, I don't think I can speculate any reasons as to why, but certainly we have to critique why Chamin suddenly became so huge on the show and even finally land a CF. Not only that but even be the focus on an episode of MUD. I guess those questions lay down the road, and hopefully her coming up appearance on Hana's radio show gives light to some of her progression (relationship wise). Since, last time she went, she did touch on her song and the ambiguity from the guy it was for. So, maybe/hopefully this time she has a more clearer answer for that. 

Actually if you watch the show carefully, they drop hints along the way letting you know that the loveline is not real and just business couple and that they will not end up in real life even though they tried to force the loveline in your throat making you believe the loveline is real.

Probably they are trying to divert our attention to chanmin from something else, if not why make the loveline become such a big issue and even bring it to another show?

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, jasjas said:

Actually if you watch the show carefully, they drop hints along the way letting you know that the loveline is not real and just business couple and that they will not end up in real life even though they tried to force the loveline in your throat making you believe the loveline is real.

Sorry, if that part was unclear. I sort of assume from our conversations here that chamin is indeed a business couple and have no possibility of something real. I was just puzzled with the rate at which Chamin started to grow and you are right, it might be to divert our attention from something else, and what that is I am not so sure? But I guess as time passes things will be clearer down the road. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, shamos83 said:

Sorry, if that part was unclear. I sort of assume from our conversations here that chamin is indeed a business couple and have no possibility of something real. I was just puzzled with the rate at which Chamin started to grow and you are right, it might be to divert our attention from something else, and what that is I am not so sure? But I guess as time passes things will be clearer down the road. 

Actually, chan-min loveline is sort of weird but obviously a business strategy.

despite the fact that somin and sechan are very good and close friends. Somin’s fan posted behind the scene or off screen interaction between somin and sechan which is more heart fluttering or posed close friendship between the two than forced loveline in RM. Some real fans felt their RM loveline is way more uncomfortable than their off screen interaction. Loveline or not, why not let it be natural? Kwangsoo and somin are very close on and off screen. They have great interaction, and viewers seem to think they are dating or something happening but they have very good business and work chemistry. Sechan also share a lot of skinship with jihyo, but no one puts them together. A lot of jihyo’s fans respects him more than somin. He is always taking care of Jihyo. 

I also find chan-min growing fanbase quite weird. Some of it grew to support them to separate them from their favourite ships, Spartace obviously. You can see a lot of posts below that they prefer Spartace and chanmin. Spartace came first. Some viewers take things too literally especially young ones. most avid fans of somin find chanmin way too forced for RM. chanmin loveline grew but kookmin fanbase also grew more steadily. 

somone said Kookmin have been dropping hints. I think pd or editors purposely drop the hints. Members can do whatever they want to say or do. Jong kook’s promoting somin’s book can be edited out. Jong kook putting his arms around somin during gannes film festival, jong kook went straight to see somin getting her wig fitted ignoring fully costumed Kwangsoo. He looked quite baffled that he was completely ignored by his favourite hyung. Sechan was right front of somin. Jong kook just commented somin’s wig and stood close to her to let her touch his shirt. That whole costume fitting behind the scene could be edited out. It is consider as behind scenes. If you hear closely, jong kook often said something very cheesy, but they made it like sechan said it. Like, jong kook was able to pull somin’s hair but sechan came to pull her hair literally. It is either jong kook guide sechan to do something romantic for her, or he is about to do it. And sechan saw it that it is his role to do so. Because jong kook did it first. especially the part when jaesuk asked jong kook if he likes somin. He laughed without answering straightforwardly. It could be edited out. But they kept it. So it is very telling that they are balancing chanmin because of kookmin. Kookmin started earlier. It seems like chanmin serves as smoke and mirror and distraction. I find it funny that 2018 forecast pair kookmin very compatible while they said jong kook and jihyo has 90 percent compatibility. Then in 2020 forecast said somin will marry someone older than her. The fortune teller was very clear that she will not end up with same age and younger guys. Sechan is same age and also few months younger than her. I also find interesting that rm want us to remember sechan and somin’s taffy like relationship. It is like they are best friend. If they marry someone else, he or she has to accept them as part of their friendship or family. I find it funny that jong kook started to become closer to sechan, and treat him as his doll versus somin. It feels like he will accept him as his closest friend so his girl will be happy. Jong kook is the one who brought sechan to RM, and they are close but jong kook kept on forgetting to add sechan sometime. He remembers somin, but forgets sechan sometime. Like he mentioned giving out cd to somin to create memories. Sechan loudly said he forgot about him. Jong kook also forgot to draw character for sechan and sechan is a bike. Sechan and jong kook are close but closer especially in 2019. Jong kook almost completely forgot about Kwangsoo. He paid more attention on sechan acting like he is fighting with somin over Sechan. :) It goes on and on that it is getting bit too obvious. It gets more weird that chanmin could make sense to serve as distraction from kookmin. Also allow kookmin to spend more time together, sit next to each other or etc. If it kookmin is a distraction for chanmin, Chanmin shouldn’t feel so awkward. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, jialinggoleong said:

I also find interesting that rm want us to remember sechan and somin’s taffy like relationship. It is like they are best friend. If they marry someone else, he or she has to accept them as part of their friendship or family. I find it funny that jong kook started to become closer to sechan, and treat him as his doll versus somin. It feels like he will accept him as his closest friend so his girl will be happy. Jong kook is the one who brought sechan to RM, and they are close but jong kook kept on forgetting to add sechan sometime. He remembers somin, but forgets sechan sometime. Like he mentioned giving out cd to somin to create memories. Sechan loudly said he forgot about him. Jong kook also forgot to draw character for sechan and sechan is a bike. Sechan and jong kook are close but closer especially in 2019. Jong kook almost completely forgot about Kwangsoo. He paid more attention on sechan acting like he is fighting with somin over Sechan. :) It goes on and on that it is getting bit too obvious. It gets more weird that chanmin could make sense to serve as distraction from kookmin. Also allow kookmin to spend more time together, sit next to each other or etc. If it kookmin is a distraction for chanmin, Chanmin shouldn’t feel so awkward. 

Huh taffy like relationship can happen in friendship too?  I thought they will only be taffy like when they got into a relationship as I remember fortune teller saying something like once they are in a relationship, no matter how they quarrel, fight or hate each other and even if they manage to break up or divorce, they will still get back with each other in the end just like taffy.

I recall seeing comments below the video how it sounds toxic and unhealthy to be in this kind of relationship as unable to leave each other no matter how much hate they have for each other~~

But it is a good thing to know that Jong Kook is willing to get in Somin's inner circle of friends~~ :)

• Like 2

i don't think the loveline has been the cause of bringing kjk and ysc together. kjk and ysc have a relationship irrespective of whatever is his equation with jsm. they are colleagues, not just on rm, but also on jtbc rewind and shootdori. ysc is also part of kjk's soccer team. so i wouldn't consider kjk-ysc relationship as an attempt to enter jsm's inner circle. jsm has other friends and even if kjk knows some of them, we haven't seen any indications of that in RM. if we get to hear something of him meeting up with them, i would say he has started doing more of that.

i think kjk and ysc doing shootdori have helped them bond more as they are the ones in charge of the kids. ever since they started doing that show, their relationship on running man has become cuter. i feel the loveline caused some misunderstanding between kjk and ysc, but that from that MUD episode, they have sorted things out and shootdori, like i said, has helped them find an easy equation. kjk has been very supportive of ysc and the loveline in the last two episodes, but yes, like @jialinggoleong mentioned, when things make him uncomfortable, he pulls in the card of fighting over jsm for him. that way, it wouldn't lead to people suspecting him of having feelings for her or make things awkward between him and ysc. 

i do think though that ysc is starting to become one of kjk's favourite dongsaengs. kjk is physically affectionate with his dongsaengs. he pets them, leans on them, hugs them. kjk and lks have the perfect bromance where they would sometimes treat each other as same age friends than hyung or dongsaeng despite the age difference. these days, kjk allows ysc to tease him and pull his leg which shows they have become quite close.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

7 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

kjk has been very supportive of ysc and the loveline in the last two episodes, but yes, like @jialinggoleong mentioned, when things make him uncomfortable, he pulls in the card of fighting over jsm for him. that way, it wouldn't lead to people suspecting him of having feelings for her or make things awkward between him and ysc. 

If he really try to cover his attraction to Somin, he really did a bad job. :joy:. If viewers can see his special attention to Somin, the other members definitely feel it too. 

This is just my assumption. In ep 479, when YJS asked does he likes Somin, I don't think that is just a teasing question. Before that, in the bus, JK voiced out his hurt feeling because Somin chose to sit beside SC. When he said that, YJS's facial expression changed. As if he dumbfound with what JK just said. Even I also dumbfound because he behaved so out of his normal self.

Did he ever voice out his hurt feeling because of a girl like this before? As far I remember, never but maybe his old fans have any idea?

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, kyoko22 said:

If he really try to cover his attraction to Somin, he really did a bad job. :joy:. If viewers can see his special attention to Somin, the other members definitely feel it too. 

This is just my assumption. In ep 479, when YJS asked does he likes Somin, I don't think that is just a teasing question. Before that, in the bus, JK voiced out his hurt feeling because Somin chose to sit beside SC. When he said that, YJS's facial expression changed. As if he dumbfound with what JK just said. Even I also dumbfound because he behaved so out of his normal self.

Did he ever voice out his hurt feeling because of a girl like this before? As far I remember, never but maybe his old fans have any idea?

i do think that it is working going by the comments under the korean video and if we ourselves felt confused by the last few episodes and MUD. other than kookmin fans who look at these things with hawk eyes, i don't think the majority of the rm fandom has noticed them. or even if there was a period where they thought kookmin were close and could move on to something more, with the MUD episode and talk of marriage about chanmin, those doubts are gone. these days, most rm fans just talk about them as a close oppa dongsaeng.

from the beginning of the year, i think some big decision has been made about the loveline. yjs did not mention anything about kookmin nor did haha bring it up on MUD. i also feel it is necessary that there is no big suspicion of kjk taking an interest in jsm until they settle the loveline for good. people will think he has taken away ysc's chances of finding love. the majority of the ifans think it is a loveline, but there are several kfans who think ysc has real feelings and that he is just resisting. so until the loveline is settled, i wouldn't want him to get involved. it is fun for us to speculate, but the real life consequences of jsm taking an interest in kjk or vice versa could be seen as a betrayal until this loveline is folded up. 

i think that is also one reason they are being careful about their interactions. they are not even online as they used to be.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

@kookminclan RunningMan I guess I misunderstood your words. When you said 

"that way, it wouldn't lead to people suspecting him of having feelings for her or make things awkward between him and ysc"

'people' you are referring here is viewers? Because I thought you are referring to everyone including members, staffs. Yes, it is only for viewers, I guess his action is reasonable enough.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

@kookminclan RunningMan I guess I misunderstood your words. When you said 

"that way, it wouldn't lead to people suspecting him of having feelings for her or make things awkward between him and ysc"

'people' you are referring here is viewers? Because I thought you are referring to everyone including members, staffs. Yes, it is only for viewers, I guess his action is reasonable enough.

sorry, i meant the viewers. i think the members and staff already know what is their equation. otherwise, we wouldn't have that talk about dating/marriage or attempts to edit out their interactions. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

from the beginning of the year, i think some big decision has been made about the loveline. yjs did not mention anything about kookmin nor did haha bring it up on MUD.

this reminds me of when they were talking about SM's lunchbox in episode 489, when YJS said "ige" he was looking at JK as if he wanted to ask him about the lunchbox whether he thinks it's for him or not. But then for whatever reason YJS decided not to and asked JSJ and LKS instead.  

7R36aoa.gif

https://imgur.com/4uTbq6D (with sound) I slowed down the "ige" part. 

• Like 3

Hi guys,

So have been reading and watching all the kookmin contents although I have been silent due to being busy. But kudos to everyone who make their time to share your thoughts!! My thoughts about kookmin at this stage: their relationship looks something with an extremely strong stability, understanding and mutual admiration! Of course I am more aligned towards thinking they are already a couple at this stage. And keeping their interactions low-key sounds good news to me. In the hindsight, I try and stay away from delving into chanmin or any other lovelines as it wrecks my mind and heart at tiny moments for which I choose to not put my energy. But let’s see where all of this goes. 

Just to ask something else, one of the Instagram posts about kookmin(linked here) a while back had a really beautiful background song put up for the compilations. And I can’t tell which song is this. Anyone can help? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8oyT-JB_9kGyNDb-mSkBdpNasHQRntvGwvJRc0/?igshid=ru6ffw2wwcuz

• Like 5