[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

I’ve been quite confused for awhile now. I’ve noticed people constantly saying how somin and Sechan have “been friends for awhile now,” but if I remember correctly the first time they officially met was in the living together show and that was broadcasted around April of 2017 she joined running man March 26th of 2017. I’m not sure when filming took place for the living together in an empty room but it probably wasn’t too long before they entered running man. They probably only knew each other maybe a month or two before they joined running man, so I’ve always been confused since people spoke about the two as if they’ve known each other years before joining running man.

I believe Sechan and kwangsoo’s friendship with somin used to be about the same, but after lks got a girlfriend, and somin and lks used to be a loveline they distanced themselves to not cause any misunderstandings. Now somin and Sechan seem to be the closest due to that, but I believe back in 2017 she was closest to lks. Wookmin often posted pics of their hang out and he slept over at somin’s house, he seemed really close to somin and her family. now we don’t hear much of somin/lks/Sechan hanging out, the only off screen meetups we hear about on running man are about chanmin.

• Like 5

I think Sechan and Somin were able to quickly become friends when they met for the 'living together in empty room' shoot (thats what I heard )  and they joined RM at the same time. That must have helped them bond.

They are also the same age, allowing them to get along better. Sechan and Somin are both outgoing too.

I dont know if they were friends before 2017 as I've not seen their episode.

But you're right @PhoenixEmeralda, it did feel like lks and jsm are closer; kwangmin hung out with wookmin, he helped her put up blinds in her new house etc. But at that point, RM brought about/highlighted Kwangmin variety chemistry a lot (i dont think it was a loveline) and never paid much attention to chanmin friendship. 

Edited by YellowDress
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Somin talks about her ideal type, from 12:33 onwards. I don't think I need to translate it, since it's been discussed already. 

3 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

I think Sechan and Somin were able to quickly become friends when they met for the i live alone shoot (thats what I heard )  and they joined RM at the same time. That must have helped them bond.

They are also the same age, allowing them to get along better. Sechan and Somin are both outgoing too.

I dont know if they were friends before 2017 as I've not seen the i live alone episode. 

They were never on 'I live alone.' They were both on 'living together in an empty room' instead. 

• Like 4

@YellowDress I think kwangmin wasn’t a loveline at first, but around the end of 2018 during the award season it managed to become a full fledged loveline with how people were reacting to it (shin dongyup). That’s probably what made them become so distant and now lks and somin are obviously still close but not shown off as much anymore, which sucks.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PhoenixEmeralda said:

@YellowDress I think kwangmin wasn’t a loveline at first, but around the end of 2018 during the award season it managed to become a full fledged loveline with how people were reacting to it (shin dongyup). That’s probably what made them become so distant and now lks and somin are obviously still close but not shown off as much anymore, which sucks.

This is essentially what happened to Jong Kook and Jihyo. The fans kept spamming his Instagram to forcing him to date Jihyo, and that has made him stay away from her.

Which is kinda sad since overzealous shippers have single-handedly ruined a friendship of 9 years.

If that wasn't enough, they went onto his friend's Instagram accounts and spammed them asking them about it. Everytime his friend Tiny did a live, they would spam him asking him about Jong Kook and Jihyo.

There was an incident that was buried almost immediately by those shippers, in which their spamming got so bad, that he blurted out "I can sink your ship with just one word." 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 4

57 minutes ago, kukumarq1 said:

This is essentially what happened to Jong Kook and Jihyo. The fans kept spamming his Instagram to forcing him to date Jihyo, and that has made him stay away from her.

Which is kinda sad since overzealous shippers have single-handedly ruined a friendship of 9 years.

If that wasn't enough, they went onto his friend's Instagram accounts and spammed them asking them about it. Everytime his friend Tiny did a live, they would spam him asking him about Jong Kook and Jihyo.

There was an incident that was buried almost immediately by those shippers, in which their spamming got so bad, that he blurted out "I can sink your ship with just one word." 

One more reason why kookmin hasn't been acknowledge to the show by members and staff is a blessed. At least, right now they (those shippers) can interpret the closeness between JK and Somin as an oppa to his dongsaeng. Once somebody make it official those overzealous shippers will come and attack both of them. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, kukumarq1 said:

I'm glad that the kookmin shipper accounts that I follow are very respectful that way. They mostly keep a disclaimer not to tag Kookmin's official IDs and not to beg them to date. 

About the incident with Tiny, I read about another instance in which a spartace shipper acknowledged that he stopped his Insta live when she joined it.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

I'm glad that the kookmin shipper accounts that I follow are very respectful that way. They mostly keep a disclaimer not to tag Kookmin's official IDs and not to beg them to date. 

About the incident with Tiny, I read about another instance in which a spartace shipper acknowledged that he stopped his Insta live when she joined it.

But there's this one insta account "sominjongkookcouple" really annoyed me. He/she tagged JK's friends insta on his/her posts. JK's manager, the chubby chef and even shorry. Like <_< what exactly you're trying to do~ Sometimes I felt like the account is just a troll account. Tbh I really don't like when shippers do that :sweatingbullets: it's so embarrassing and cringe. Not only that he/she always used the word hubby for JK and wifey for SM like please stop.  Hash tags is more than enough, there's not need to tagged JK's friends insta on every posts.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wanderlustanna said:

But there's this one insta account "sominjongkookcouple" really annoyed me. He/she tagged JK's friends insta on his/her posts. JK's manager, the chubby chef and even shorry. Like <_< what exactly you're trying to do~ Sometimes I felt like the account is just a troll account. Tbh I really don't like when shippers do that :sweatingbullets: it's so embarrassing and cringe. Not only that he/she always used the word hubby for JK and wifey for SM like please stop.  Hash tags is more than enough, there's not need to tagged JK's friends insta on every posts.  

It's an anti fan. If I'm not wrong, other fans have said that this person is that Sunny person. He/she also used to go around with a Jong Kook - Jin Young account spamming all his friends too. 

39 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

Yea this incident also pretty famous, and as usual they got buried by the fans. The things they post in the 김종국 tag on instagram is actually so out there and they actually believe Jong Kook was jealous of the Monday Couple thing which was why he was so savage with that TROS comment.

A lot of these SA fans seem to forget that when Monday Couple fans used to go overboard on Tiny's account back in the day, he would immediately scold them and then proceed to block them. Or maybe they think that since Tiny used to be on their side back then, it allows them to behave how ever they wanted to?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kukumarq1 said:

his is essentially what happened to Jong Kook and Jihyo. The fans kept spamming his Instagram to forcing him to date Jihyo, and that has made him stay away from her.

Hi,

Yes, the spammers does go overboard most of the times, even now as we speak. And when things don't proceed as they like, they start slinging mud and curses. The recent TROS comment is a perfect example.

Tiny oppa had his fair share of the spammers spamming his IG & Twitter asking about spartace, though the more disrespectful thing would be annoying shippers who go overboard in photoshopping KJK over him every time he takes a photo with SJH.

@kukumarq1 Are you referring to Tiny oppa replying to those shippers? Would you know specifically when was that? Perhaps I missed that.:)

33 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

To be fair to spartace, when MC ship is the largest ship out there oppressing spartace, their original community was very rational and polite and understanding. 

Unfortunately, as the ship grew, a lot of 'black sheep' joined their community and started lashing out in all directions. This was also the case for SJH fan communities. Both communities did not 'stop/clam down' on the 'black sheeps' who end up tarnishing their reputation. So communities does have to play a part in putting their foot down on people spreading negativity/cyberbullying.

To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You have become the very evil you've sworn to destroy".:sweatingbullets:

I just hope KJK finds a good partner (JSM is a great candidate:wub:)

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

56 minutes ago, Akuma Drifters said:

The best part Duo April is, Somin always comunication with Jongkook, and make him comfortable, no wonder in Hanna Radio, Sukjin choose Somin. That mean Jongkook is never alone again. Before Somin to be a members, Jongkook like no spirit in RM, and guest what, he almost dismissal from RM in 2017. In ep 334, Jongkook date with a woman, guest what, is a mess. From eps 333 to 343 he like no spirit. But in eps 343 they comunication again and he like her. Eps 346 Somin to be a members RM. Oppa is like "tsundere man". But i think Jongkook like her from eps 380. He want help her. Remember when one grup with Jin Young, he Silent, just like no spirit. But with Somin is different. Like in camelia park Jeju island, when he flooged Somin, he never like that with a Woman :heart: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

this loveline is slowly giving serious competition to  the worst years of monday couple loveline. monday couple loveline was the most popular at a time when the show had a more thrilling game format - it was just something that added flavor to the character combinations and the very name, monday couple, at least in the beginning, was supposed to highlight its variety character.

chanmin was initially introduced as a loveline set up for screen time but now we have things escalating quickly into talk about a possible marriage with parents getting in touch etc. 

i hope they kill the loveline quickly and just let the members interact normally and naturally. watching ysc's and jsm's old interactions in that beautiful clip, i miss how natural and drama-free they were. ever since the loveline has started, jsm's charming and natural character on the show has become repetitive and artificial for me and ysc's is starting to become artificial with his assuming the variety boyfriend role - of the man who looks out for his woman.

i think jsm should seriously consider how much she wants her personal life to be mixed up with her variety character. it is dangerous for any entertainer; but it is especially dangerous for someone like her who is a writer and uses a lot of the stuff that goes on in her private life for her writing. so when her private life becomes part of her variety character  and much of it gets exaggerated for variety's sake, it may affect her creativity as well. sometimes i feel it would be better for her to adopt a pseudonym or something as a writer to keep the distinction. at one time, she talked about making two ig accounts for her poetry and public persona. i think the feelings in her poems are very raw and fragile and she should do her utmost to preserve that distinction between her writerly self and her variety self. ii also feel that the show and every one of the members should stop discussing this loveline in real life terms because that just blows things up.

they all should take a leaf out of lks's book who has successfully managed to keep his personal life and variety self separate from one another. lks is dating someone; but that world is sacrosanct and he never lets it get into his work role.  jsm has been playing the love frog for a while now, but that character is now taking over her other characters and the lines between the woman looking for love she is in her private life and her variety character are starting to blur. guess that is what jsj was also pointing to when all that talk about families approving of a future marriage between chanmin came up. i hope someone can advise the pds and the members.

it is because the show doesn't have interesting concepts or plotlines these days that they are forced to bring up more stuff from their personal life for entertainment. if kookmin have something for each other, they should develop it off the show. Looking back, while all the questions about kjk having feelings for jsm made me happy as a shipper, i don't think it was wise of the show to exploit his jealousy to spice up their love triangle. somewhere, i feel kjk understood it could mess up his relationship with ysc which is why he has now changed his objections it into a bromance angle.

everyone would say these are just scripted lovelines, but i think they need very careful handling and the way RM handles them now is not the right way. jsj is someone who knows both ysc and jsm are just doing their variety characters, but he behaved quite uncharacteristically in going after jsm thrice. once, yjs had to intervene to cut him off. jsj, for some moments, had gone off his variety character which is not good when it comes to a comfortable working environment, but it also tells me that he feels the loveline is seriously messing up things. i think he targeted jsm because she is easy to target, but his frustrations could have been with the other members as well. 

i don't know why they need this loveline. from a commercial point of view, the team may feel the show can run on for a few more years if they keep up the 'will they?won't they?' dynamic of monday couple. or did chul min pd feel he had to find a reason to justify bringing in ysc? this was totally the wrong way to go about it. there should have been more attempts to work on ysc's character in the first few years instead of this last minute attempt. he was starting to find his feet being himself and now they are pigeonholing him into a gary replica. 

what are the knetz reaction to this loveline? i read a few comments of fans of the actress jsm. they said her no-filter variety character is overshadowing her softer, more feminine actress character. they want to see her act more.  is it that the kfans of jsm's variety character are more receptive? what are they saying on rm message boards, any idea? 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 7

On 2/20/2020 at 6:04 PM, wanderlustanna said:

I've reported that account many times for spamming. I once tried to talk to them and tell them to stop what they do. That account is really irritating. JSM's fans hate that account. Many think that account is probably owned by a hater who just wants to start a fanwar (between Kookmin and spartace shippers)  and bring more hate to JSM. I even once saw that account leave comments on spartace page :angry:

• Unamused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, PhoenixEmeralda said:

This dude is smitten I don’t care what anyone says

Ikr. Like sometimes he does certain things and looks a certain way and you're like naa, he's fallen no matter what anyone says lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1