[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

5 minutes ago, JialingGO said:

@kukumarq1 since you are long time Jong Kook's fan, I have seen one of the comments that Jong Kook does not prefer to date someone who has history with his friends. 

Does it affect Somin's chances with Jong kook because of her taffy like friendship with Sechan? It could be because both of them have not dated before. 

When they say history, it's mostly when his friend has dated that girl, or had a crush. It's mostly cause his ex-girlfriend cheated on him with someone who he considered a good friend.

A loveline is just a scripted role that starts and ends on a show. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

Read some comments on YT for the ChanMin video. 99% of the comments are asking the RM team to stop pushing the LL and let the natural chemistry shine between all members, especially ChanMin who are clearly BFFs.

Just to put it out there. I miss the crazy SoMin. I loved that character of hers. 

I remember YJS saying in an episode that he wants to go on top of a mountain and scream 'Jeon So Min is crazzyyy'. :joy:

In my opinion, I think Somin is trying to release from it. She got little annoying when going back and fourth. She kept on saying Sechan rejected me, my mom wants his number, we are not getting married, so forth. Sukjin helps to balance it out. I think the fans didn't catch how Sukjin helped to deal with forced loveline with Chan-min. It was all thanks to Sukjin. I credit him for that. 

Jaesuk and HaHa needs to take a note, but it is part of their variety persona. For HaHa, it makes sense because he does that consistently. And all loveline doesn't work for real. For Jaesuk- he is also like Somin, going back and forth. It could mean he is supporting Chan-min, increasing Sechan's screen time, or protecting natural kook-min chemistry. Chan-min works well with love triangle that Jong Kook and Somin can take turns taking bromance and romance with Sechan. I think they are looking for ways to team up together. Kook-min also has good on screen chemistry. 

My guess is that HaHa may purposely made it worse or uncomfortable for Chan-min for Kook-min sake? Somin and Sechan will always be friends even though things get awkward unless one of the dating is someone else. I don't think they will be awkward if one of them start dating someone else. They will remain close friends. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JialingGO said:

I am actually referring to Sechan and Somin's off screen close friendship. Just thinking if he would make jong kook hesitate even more? 

No. He's not that close-minded. As long as Sechan doesn't have real feelings for Somin, he probably won't mind dating her. 

If anything, it might make Jong Kook move even faster since there's already a wingman. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kukumarq1 said:

As a long time Jong Kook, I do think that he is definitely attracted to her. But the fact that she's not necessarily the type he goes for, it's probably breaking his brain a little bit and he's just trying to process it all. 

What is jong kook's type exactly? 

I think there are some overwhelming traits that didn't make him think twice about Somin in first place: her craziness. 

Remember in 2018 RM fortune telling forecast, Park SungHoon advised him to go through process of change and embracing it. Then in 2020 forecast, he asked Jong Kook to become more conservative and his life has become more stable. It does feel like it is time for him to choose and get married or settled down.

The timeline fits Somin in it so well. After Korean fan meet, Jong Kook admitted the change he felt about Somin that he finds her charming. Then later on, they became closer than ever. In MUD, that would be during seollal new year holidays, he said he wanted to date someone he is comfortable with. That is like hearing that he wants to date his friend, co-worker, colleague, or anyone he is comfortable with. Now I think he is way of wooing her is to be closer to her, and hangout with her with friends as third party. Isn't his scheme with Somin and Sechan? It became quite a pattern in plain sight. =) 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kukumarq1 said:

No. He's not that close-minded. As long as Sechan doesn't have real feelings for Somin, he probably won't mind dating her. 

If anything, it might make Jong Kook move even faster since there's already a wingman. 

Just wondering because Jong kook sometimes get strict rules because of his painful experience with breakups. The phone call in MUD feels so confusing. 

That reminds me that Sechan is early Kook-min shipper. There were several moments that he support them to together, and even want them together. Not really sake of official loveline or etc. Isn't Jong kook t-shirt is given to Somin by Sechan? It is like telling Jong kook, everyone, and the viewers that Sechan is kook-min supporter?! It feels like Sechan and Somin already draw the line between them. And look how Somin tried to hold her feelings when she blurt out that it felt like she is together alone with Jong Kook. She was quite giddy and happy to be connected to him. There are several times Sechan let Jong Kook and Somin add him to hang out together in such place that could be for dates and romantic gateway. Kook-min is little weird now... and Sechan is sincerely letting them be. =) 

Hope things will go well with Kook-min. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

ChanMin have always maintained that they are close friends and just that. Maybe the constant teasing is making them awkward, but awkwardness is what we see on-screen. Somin still put up pics with him on her insta. Don't know if the teasing has made them awkward offscreen too.

Didn't Sechan make it VERY CLEAR in some new year/year end interview that he does not see her in a romantic way or something similar to that. He has always taken good care of Somin. I was watching their old episodes and it is so clear that he looks out for her. There was no teasing then. He is not doing anything different for them to tease ChanMin now. So, its all just for the show.

And after the LL, Sechan has so many videos and articles. People have started talking about him and he has good screentime. Sadly, he couldn't shine much among the other 7 before the LL. 

• Like 4

It is just whole Jong Kook getting involved with Chan-min makes it really weird and no one question it. No one said anything when Somin suggested Sechan to hang out with her and Jong Kook together. It is treating kook min plain in sight while Chan Min is for the show. 

Kook-min strategy in MUD and RM is very similar. Everyone plays it by ignorance. In MUD, no matter how they put Somin in low key, there is always a twist. Jong Min matching ended up with twist. Sechan-HaHa phone call-- HaHa even included Jong kook with Somin about love. Jong Kook even volunteered to be chaperone in their romantic movie date. Look how they film Jong Kook's solo concert with Somin in it. Mothers weren't even hype up about any new or pretty girl in sight to talk about. It feels like Somin is off limits rather than ignoring her to extent. In RM, they did the same with fishbowl memory. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, JialingGO said:

It is just whole Jong Kook getting involved with Chan-min makes it really weird and no one question it. No one said anything when Somin suggested Sechan to hang out with her and Jong Kook together. It is treating kook min plain in sight while Chan Min is for the show. 

MUD is even more scripted that Running Man. 

• Like 3

I believe all these shows have atleast a base script on how to make it funny and entertaining.

But I'm rooting for Kookmin's fondness for each other which is sometimes shown openly on the show and sometimes not. Their acts are generally off the show. Even when on show, its the fans' eagle eyes that spot the interaction they have in the background. 

I think Kookmin can happen as long as Haha does not force it onscreen (which according to KJK is like a jinxing curse LOL). 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

For my opinion, Kookmin being treat as invisible is even better because they can interact naturally. It wont help JK and Somin at all if other members and staff acknowledge Kookmin to the show. The pressure from surrounding could jeopardize the possibility of a serious relationship between JK and Somin. Just look at Chanmin. YJS and Haha forced them too much and the family start to get another idea. Now they became awkward with each other. 

The next point, JK's feeling. The way JK behaves shows that he attracts to Somin. But did he already come clean with this idea? Would he accept his feeling and pursue the lady? He is 10 years older than her and even more they are colleagues in a variety show. It is a hard decision for him to make. So, being the central of everyone's attention won't do him any good.

So, for me, when no one said anything about kookmin is a blessing. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

The next point, JK's feeling. The way JK behaves shows that he attracts to Somin. But did he already come clean with this idea? Would he accept his feeling and pursue the lady? He is 10 years older than her and even more they are colleagues in a variety show. It is a hard decision for him to make. So, being the central of everyone's attention won't do him any good.

Hi, 

IMHO, it may also hinges on Sechan and Somin.

If Sechan has feelings for Somin, KJK will hide his true feelings and 'sacrifice' himself. No right or wrong, but just his character. 

If Sechan has no feelings for Somin, KJK gets the greatest wingman he can ever have. This will improves the chances of kookmin becoming true.

For Somin, i think she has to be direct and active for kookmin to have a higher chance of coming true. Of course, opposites can happen but just stating my sense of probabilities. I am still grateful she brought much joy and laughter to him.

The problem is KJK hides too much emotional stuff under a gruff exterior. So it is very hard to get a good read. In shows, it has always been stated KJK does not like those emotional or touching stuff or atmosphere. This is actually some form of escapism whereby some people hides their raw emotions under a shell. I belong to the group that feels that contrary to belief, KJK doesn't have high self-esteem; in fact he has tons of doubt in his own self. This may be due to his own bad experiences when young.

Thanks.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, YellowDress said:

I think Kookmin can happen as long as Haha does not force it onscreen (which according to KJK is like a jinxing curse LOL). 

HaHa seems to be well aware of it. He is jong kook’s best friend, and has been through matching up with several dates for him probably far more than jaesuk.

I think he has learned mistakes and loopholes around it. I think haha really do think somin as potential because he didn’t forced it on kookmin as if he is well aware. Sechan is more of on somin’s side that he knows somin better, and what kind of person she likes. Sechan is more open with his expression, and even talkative about kookmin. It is up to others to decide on loveliune. Sechan treated kookmin with more sincerity. No one forced it but just to share background stories, then their memories disappeared afterwards.

Haha knew how to make jong kook uncomfortable or take notice of a girl. haha is also trying to increase screentime for him and jong kook for work. Jong kook usually don’t pay attention until someone tells him so. He created loveline as opportunity to jong kook to take little attention even think he didn’t like how it acts as potential ones for him. But he does know how to draw the line depending on a person. The way haha deals with kookmin is just what jong kook wants if he is seriously interested. Jong kook often said he prefers to meet his wife by fate and being emotionally comfortable with each other in their early impression before they get serious or choose each other in an equal matter. I think he just didn’t want to have broken heart again. So it needs to be total two way street, not half way. He takes it seriously that he wanted to make sure the girl will be devoted to him as he will be as well. He wanted to make sure if the girl can accept his flaws as he would do the same for the girl. It is seems like how he accepted somin’s weirdness that he finds her so charming with it. Somin in a way always kept his ego in check. He shows her his soft and lovely side she didn’t know about. She misunderstood him at first, gradually with explanation and opening up with skits and wits, it went to next step. In mid 2019, he shared his romantic side like taking picture, wanting to change his persona so he won’t resent her for persona to share secrets, and etc. Somin does the same for jong kook that she is loyal, do not take things for granted, very tender hearted, gets along with his closest friends, and works very hard and very dedicated. I think haha saw the gradual understanding in both side that could fulfil into a relationship later on. He knows jong kook who will take very delicately but needs help but not rushing him. Somin is always hurry to love and have passionate moments. That is probably haha decided to talk with her for a long time about love. I think haha wouldn’t jinx it ever. It is quite rare to see the kind of journey for jong kook to have that kind of beautiful friendship with a woman he consider as his closest friend. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, AB_fan said:

Hi, 

IMHO, it may also hinges on Sechan and Somin.

If Sechan has feelings for Somin, KJK will hide his true feelings and 'sacrifice' himself. No right or wrong, but just his character. 

If Sechan has no feelings for Somin, KJK gets the greatest wingman he can ever have. This will improves the chances of kookmin becoming true.

For Somin, i think she has to be direct and active for kookmin to have a higher chance of coming true. Of course, opposites can happen but just stating my sense of probabilities. I am still grateful she brought much joy and laughter to him.

The problem is KJK hides too much emotional stuff under a gruff exterior. So it is very hard to get a good read. In shows, it has always been stated KJK does not like those emotional or touching stuff or atmosphere. This is actually some form of escapism whereby some people hides their raw emotions under a shell. I belong to the group that feels that contrary to belief, KJK does have a high self-esteem; in faxt he has tons of doubt in his own self. This may be due to his own bad experiences when young.

Thanks.

Yep, it is his character to consider his friends first before he would choose to date or not. 

What if somin has feelings for jong kook, not sechan. And both men do have feelings for her. Wouldn’t it be right for jong kook to pursue her instead of considering sechan’s feelings first. 

it seems like the fortune telling forecast 2020 is quite specific as it is sending message to jong kook and people close to him to be aware of her heart. Somin asked about the age group. The message is VERY clear. Combing with 2018 fortune telling forecast about her destiny, it is even clearer. She was also chosen most compatible with jong kook too in 2018. That shouldn’t change, but the taffy like relationship is more of balancing her reading. Fortune teller said one person who is gives Kwangsoo warmth and affection is somin. They didn’t end up together but they have very close friendship and business partners. Fortune teller said in 2018 that jong kook will go through changes. His stance on somin really changes from one to another big time. It feels like somin wanted to tell him that she wants him, not sechan in plain sight for us not to see. She distract us with silly stories about chanmin loveline, taffy friendship, and skits expecting us to have short term memory. After that, kookmin became closer and rely on each other. His body language, skinship, and gap with her is closer than ever. 

What if sechan’s feelings for somin changed at the last minute? Would jong kook sacrifice himself again? If somin is constantly want to be with jong kook, if jong kook ever thought about sacrificing himself, she will punch him. (Just kidding, somin will think jong kook doesn’t love her enough not to sacrifice himself for his best friend). If jong kook doesn’t sacrifice himself, sechan will accept wholeheartedly. Somin is worth fighting for, but she gets to choose. I think sechan knows very well that somin likes jong kook a lot. Look at the t shirt he gave her with jong kook on it. And somin telling everyone including jong kook. He gets the shirt back and it will remind him. Somin did say that she didn’t exactly want to give it away. It is like she wants to send the message across!! 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AB_fan said:

Then, he is a fool if he sacrifices himself for Sechan's feeling when Somin blatantly said she won't marry Sechan. I mean, Sechan's feeling will lead to nowhere since the lady doesn't reciprocate it.

In the end, it's up to him. If what he feels is love and decides to step back because of one sided love of his friend, that is his loss. But hey, Running Man is not going to end anytime soon. They are going to spend lots of time filming together. I wonder for how long he can withstand the lady's charms. Just a simple funny story from her can cause him to smile silly. Let alone if Somin displays all her charms. Haha.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

Then, he is a fool if he sacrifices himself for Sechan's feeling when Somin blatantly said she won't married Sechan. I mean, Sechan's feeling will lead to nowhere since the lady doesn't reciprocate it.

In the end, it's up to him. If what he feels is love and decides to step back because of one sided love of his friend, that is his loss. But hey, Running Man is not going to end anytime soon. They are going to spend lots of time filming together. I wonder for how long he can withstand the lady's charms. Just a simple funny story from her can cause him to smile silly. Let alone if Somin displays all her charms. Haha.

Somin’s book is the latest key!!! Imagine how many pages jong kook will find excuse to call her to make interpretation and chat about their pain, insights about love, or etc. It is like somin is trying to be there for him and make their friendship stronger. Somin wrote in her book that she would love to chat with anyone who wants to talk about love, drink stories, pain, and poetry. Jong kook would love that with her. Most of his comments appear in her poetry posts in IG. The way somin explain to jong kook about her commentary on one of her poem, he looked at her with intensity and Curiosity. It is like he is interested in the beauty of her mind and soul. Remember the part somin wrote her grade poem and sukjin interrupted the reading, jong kook got so defensive. He likes it so much! He gave blunt scolding to his elder. Oh dear. 

actually poems would make you read over and over again. Most poems for me, I don’t get the first impression to understand it. I have to analyse the words and lines and look into different perspective in another round. It gets clearer to understand. I had to read somin’s poem around 3 or 4 times to see in different angles to get it. Sometimes other famous poems wrote in old English language or complicated cultural references, I had to take a peek of cheat sheet or ask my friend or teacher to understand. Then I read it again, it start to make sense. I kind of thought jong kook really likes it even though it is hard for him to understand. Once he read it again in different angle and somin’s commentary, it will bring more light to him. I think he really means it when he called her his favourite writer not just promoting her for her sake. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

i don't think kjk will give up on jsm if se chan  alone develops feelings for her. i feel he is more curious about jsm's feelings than ysc's. i have felt that lks too had feelings for jsm at one point, but jsm never thought of lks as a dating possibility. yet, it used to make kjk jealous. he used to complain when they used to dress in a similar fashion. even at the awards which he hosted, when he interviews kwangmin, kjk is more curious about why jsm called lks to her house than as to why lks went there. i also feel the cast thought kwangmin may not work out as a couple since lks is more temperamental, but with chanmin, they feel it could work. ysc is steadier in some ways, jsm's mom likes him, they go to the same church and have a longer friendship,

i know people think jsm's feelings for kjk are clear, but i don't know. kjk is more clear to me than jsm at times.  kjk definitely has feelings for jsm, but from how he responds to the marriage question, i don't think he has reached that point yet. i am not sure about jsm. jsm's feelings were clearer for me a few months back, but ever since the loveline started and kookmin sns interactions have stopped, it is harder to see on what page she is. if she is looking for marriage within a specific time period (3 years starting from last year) and is getting worried about kjk not making a move, ysc could be an option though she is still joking about it. that is why i feel the cast are all interested in finding what is going to happen between them including kjk and haha. kjk's words to haha when they called up jsm was 'let's tell jsm ysc is interested in her and see how she responds'. so he may also be trying to see what is in her heart. i don't think he has reached a stage where he can promise her marriage since from whatever we see, he is just getting to know her as a person. ysc has known her for a longer time and if she is ready, i think ysc will be ready to marry her. they are all joking about it, but sometimes the jokes seem like they have a serious intent. jsj got really upset whenever there was talk about chanmin turning real. when jsm told them about her mother asking for ysc's number, he snapped and said she shouldn't give it to her. when yjs talked about jsj officiating their wedding, jsj snapped again at jsm.  jsm replied then that it was not going to happen since ysc didn't respond when she called him for bingsu. so i don't know. i think the loveline has made everyone's feelings slightly messed up. i hope they sort it out soon.

i think kjk would  want jsm to wait longer until he gets there. but if she feels she cannot wait and if her heart can move towards ysc if he confesses, i think he would wish them well. i think that goes with what i think i know of his character.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

What I don’t understand is why everyone seems to think if she’s not going to end up with kjk she’s going to end up with sechan. There is probably a higher chance of her ending with neither of them. 

But, if we’re thinking between kjk and ysc these are my thoughts. I believes that somin and sechan don’t have feelings for each other as they both stated many times. Sechan used to openly state that he didn’t like somin like that but people constantly ignored that and said he liked her anyways so I’m not surprised he stopped trying and just decided to play along. Somin also stated continuously that she is only playing around and this episode she literally said she’s not going to marry sechan, but tried to play it off by mentioning him not accepting her bingsu outing. I don’t know maybe everyone else is seeing something I’m not. Before the loveline officially she started she denied liking ysc but with kjk she wouldn’t deny anything, now after the loveline started she still somewhat denies actually starting a relationship with sechan but tries to play around a bit and yet still never denies anything with kjk. I think it’s very obvious if she has feelings for either of the two it would definitely be kjk before sechan.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I feel the recent occurrences have cast a shadow on the previous months that had a bunch of unexplained happenings. Here’s my stance on Chanmin: On dec 31 the episode with AHJ was filmed, on that said episode Somin said that Sechan could basically be a third wheel, would she said that if she truly saw Chanmin as a possibility? On the episode where KJK, Sechan and Somin made a team, when they got inside the car Somin said; yeobo, let’s go! Sechan laughed but KJK I’m almost 99.99% sure he said; “Yes!” Now, I don’t know much about our  KJK but I feel he wouldn’t play like that if he thought Sechan and Somin could be something. On that same car scene, Somin says; “How did I gave birth to such a handsome son (meaning KJK) with you,” isn’t that sentence implying that Sechan isn’t that handsome?? That line is funny in a teasing platonic friends way, but if she thought Sechan was into her, wouldn’t that be too mean? On Ha-na’s radio show, Somin chose AHJ instead of Sechan, again, wouldn’t that be too mean if they could actually be something?  I mean I understand recently the loveline has been shove down out throats so hard that is completely normal that is making us confused, but we also gotta understand the we don’t know how much of the loveline is asked by the PD and how much is planned by the cast members, the loveline also got a lot of interest but now that it has gone down maybe it’ll be easier to let go.

Rewatching the most recent episode, when Haha teases Sechan for helping Somin when she’s looking at the picture, Somin usually will play the loveline with a funny line or something but we got nothing from her that time. She was asked about her family and she answered truthfully . YJS said something about marriage and Somin immediately said no, when Sechan talked about his brother asking about Somin when he was drunk Sechan also denied it and said; me and Somin are not like that. So in this episode we got denials from both Somin and Sechan, now I don’t know if this is indication that the loveline is planned to end soon (wouldn’t get my hopes up honestly) but is pretty clear to me we’re getting denials and people are just missing it. 

Now, KJK had the perfect opportunity to unite the maknaes, he could’ve added Sechan to sing Confession with Somin and KJK but he didn’t, if he though Sechan and Somin could be something wouldn’t he avoid Somin more? He’s not avoiding her at all, in fact you could say he is the happiest when he is with Somin, In the fortune telling episode, the fortune teller said Sechan and Somin would be taffy and KJK was the first to say; “that’s negative though”. People keep talking about MUD as if it isn’t more scripted than RM, also the call, honestly what I got from it is a lot of denial from Somin and from Sechan when he said; Matchmake KJK first, haha. If he truly wanted to be with Somin he probably wouldn’t feel so inclined to deny, deny, deny. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2