[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

10 minutes ago, kukumarq1 said:

Yes! His whole family is just savagely funny. But, I think he hasn't made up his mind or just doesn't want his mother to keep pestering him about getting married.

He basically told his mother to back off by telling her that he likes living alone and isn't thinking of marriage right now. 

I saw few clips on Insta. His nephew apparently said he still has scope for improving his singing. :joy:

For a dude who wanted to marry soon and couldnt wait to have a child (he said this in 2018 and/or 2019 I think), he seems pretty relaxed about the whole marriage thing, both in MUD and Running Man. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

32 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

I saw few clips on Insta. His nephew apparently said he still has scope for improving his singing. :joy:

For a dude who wanted to marry soon and couldnt wait to have a child (he said this in 2018 and/or 2019 I think), he seems pretty relaxed about the whole marriage thing, both in MUD and Running Man. 

Hi,

@kukumarq1 is right - you can tell the Kim family sense of humor inclines toward the savage humor that KJK often displays. The niece, Riwon is seriously very funny and savage towards KJK.

Yes, I think KJK is now displaying a rather less interested in marriage image, so it is hard to tell if he is single but want to marry/single but not going to marry/attached and want to marry soon/attached but unable to marry right now......

Though his brother covered up very well in saying that KJK will get married when the timing comes/eventually. Not sure if it is just purely to cover the topic for KJK or if it hints that KJK may have a partner and is in the process of getting to marriage.

The find of the episode: the niece Riwon has a savage sense of humor like KJK, while the nephew inherits the family's thriftiness/pragmatism (so that is 3 generations of thriftiness in a car). :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

after watching this RM episode fully subbed and mud, i don't know what is going on. i feel kjk looks kind of down and his shutting up his mom about marriage seems real enough to me. his brother sticking up for him seems like something a close friend does when the issue is complicated and you know your friend doesn't want it to be discussed at length.

i don't know - the vibe itself was different for this RM episode and MUD. but then this episode was shot after the new year greeting and kjk still came up with jsm's book of poems. however, the cast conversation about chanmin seemed quite weird tbh. it almost looked like they were having a conversation in code. 

well, in the greeting for the Philippines fanmeet, kookmin stand together, so let's see what happens. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

24 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

after watching this RM episode fully subbed and mud, i don't know what is going on. i feel kjk looks kind of down and his shutting up his mom about marriage seems real enough to me. his brother sticking up for him seems like something a close friend does when the issue is complicated and you know your friend doesn't want it to be discussed at length.

I do think his family either know or suspect that he's seeing someone currently, whether it's Somin or not, we can only guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if his mother was pressuring him to get married ASAP, and he might just want to date whoever it is in peace without the pressure of marriage hanging over their relationship.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

10 minutes ago, kukumarq1 said:

I do think his family either know or suspect that he's seeing someone currently, whether it's Somin or not, we can only guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if his mother was pressuring him to get married ASAP, and he might just want to date whoever it is in peace without the pressure of marriage hanging over their relationship.

Yet to watch the new MUD segment, but I do get this small feeling that KJK is seeing/interested in someone. May or may not be Somin (fingers crossed for Kookmin), but I wish all happiness for him. 

Not related, but I can't get over him saying 'okay!' multiple times in that cute tone when somin called him 'koooook'. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Just finished watching KJK’s MUD segment and it was hilarious, everyone got dragged, no survivors. KJK’s cute lil niece sings, KJK says; Li Won, you should just draw lmaoooo like damn ok, Li Won got him back though by saying his pronunciation wasn’t good when he sang the aladdin song and when she declared she wasn’t a fan of his :lol: I love the dynamics of this family, they’re a great bunch, I’m excited to see who they meet. 

Now about the marriage thing, KJK started talking about having space in the van for his wife in the future and all that, his brother defended him very nicely by basically saying he’ll get married when he’s ready. You can look at this both ways, is either he’s single and doesn’t feel like wallowing on his singleness OR his seeing someone and doesn’t want that person to feel pressured about marriage.
Also, did anyone else feel the lil segment where KJK’s niece, nephew and mother are shopping for food a little acted out? It felt a little embellished by the niece, which just put me in a perspective that reminded me that we actually don’t have the full picture of what’s real or not, we can only guess. 

I feel this RM ep did had a different vibe but from the start of the show honestly, almost everyone was kinda snarky, don’t know if it was the fact that this episode idea was a plan b or the constant talk about reorganization or because the episode was just sitting down and waiting for your turn do to the mission, even Ha-Na’s vibe felt different too. We also didn’t get the chase part so I guess we are missing that excitement. 

Next episode looks fun though, Chanmin are in a different team so will see how they play the loveline, if the teams have to play against one another and if  they make Chanmin play every game instead of changing it up I’m gonna be very annoyed lol it’s fine if they play one or two games against each other but not all of them. We will see :ph34r: 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Where can I find the subbed episode of MUD? It is not yet uploaded on Dramanice.

Just finished watching RM episode, I actually laughed a lot. YJS is a RIOT. Love him. It's making me miss YooMin, they are soooo good together. As Haha once said, JSM brings out the best in YJS and they are an amazing duo. Can we please have HaMin and YooMin soon, instead of just Chanmin. Also, loved when Haha said he and Somin have a connection. He called her Writer Jeon too. LOVE!

I like that they are sort of childish besties.

• Like 7

I watched the whole RM episode-- it is actually very funny with balance of action and teasing each other. 

I overreacted Sukjin's comments too much. He did a great job. I think his comments did favour to kook min more than Somin herself. Sukjin's comments could serve some ammunitions for somin individually. He is asking Somin to stop it. From what I see it, I wish Somin would not go too far trying to pursue Sechan with all kinds of excuses and stories then goes back to being rejected by sechan, and not marrying him. I mean she is probably trying to say that she already tried and have been turned down. But she goes on and on with stories of her mom wanting Sechan's number too specifically. Couldn't she put it more private matter if it is for real? If it is for variety, my darling Somin, it is getting annoying for some fans who prefers you to have variety or have natural chemistry to build up with anyone, even Sechan (psst... Somin... especially Kook-min).  hehe. I think Somin went too far, not Sukjin. He is actually speaking for all of us and Somin fans to ask her to calm down. She works way too hard. It wasn't that romantic, cute, or etc. Some people like it when they want to support Chan-min so bad. I think that is one thing Somin needs to tone it down. I mean she could save good stuff about Sechan in private if she really likes him. But Somin is going back and forth. She said they won't have a wedding. She is not getting married to sechan specifically. I mean that caused a lot of confusion, so I feel Sukjin and his frustration with Somin herself. However, it did a lot of favour to Kook-min from Sukjin's comments. Look how Sukjin doesn't tease Jong Kook reading the book or calling Somin his favourite writer,  but Sukjin sort of sealed the deal against forced Chan-min loveline.

I shouldn't have said that I was disappointed in Jihyo's suggestion to Chan-min to open their heart. She looks at first supportive and tried to tell them not to make same mistake after Jong Kook's rebuttal and reminder that it didn't work out for her to her disappointment. I think Jong kook is rebutting for her to have excuse to talk about Gary which they did. They just send their love for Gary. It means a lot to promote him in another program. I don't think Jong Kook is being sexist, but I think he's telling her that she forgets about herself because her comment is contradicting but excuse to promote Gary. She said they aren't like Chan-min in real life. She ensure it is entirely different relationship. 

Somin is already friends with Sechan. Sukjin forbids loveline that is not natural or filled with sincerity. Jaesuk and HaHa force on it. Jong Kook prefers for natural not forced feeling for Chan-min. Sechan and Jihyo plays along with it. Somin works too hard and too tender hearted. Sukjin's remark really shows how he cares for Somin. He said he thought Somin is bigger than Sechan, but the way Somin talks and contradicts herself, it makes it so confusing that Sukjin started to worry for Sechan losing his trust in Somin's action and stories. Sukjin doesn't always think of RM like Jaesuk and Kwangsoo would do. He doesn't care if Chan-min is to promote RM. He cares more about them individually and their image. It may look like Sukjin cares about Sechan, but he is worried about how Somin hurt her image for talking like that. Viewers can lose their interest or annoyance. I watched how Somin handle it, she needs someone to refute or remind her. Sukjin was brave to take the role, and I am glad he did. It was funny conversation between father and daughter before Jaesuk and Kwangsoo made it worse as if they are talking about forbidden couple. I am glad Sukjin didn't listen to Jaesuk to be quiet. I think it is important for Somin to set her balance but explain with sincerity or skits that it is only for variety. HaHa admitted to force loveline. HaHa just want to be part of it. He did that a lot with Monday Couple. I forgot how he goes nuts and forced on Monday Couple. What I am surprised is that Jong kook didn't make blunt remark on Sukjin's remark on Somin's antics. He didn't butt in seems like he is approving it. He butted HaHa's actions more. 

Whether it is Jong kook or Sechan, I hope Somin will set herself free and become more independent, strong, beautiful woman who can be with anyone she choose to be with. I think the PD and staff asked her to promote Chan-min has put toll on her limiting her creative freedom. If they want to do matchmaking- just do it privately. They are already close. Somin is asking Sechan to hang out just two whether they are friends or finding interesting in each other.

I find it interesting of how Jong Kook plainly butting Chan-min loveline. He put himself in bromance with Sechan in Chan-min loveline. It was weirdest thing Jong kook tried to connect with Somin as third party. The book, Sechan, Chan-min, bromance, Jong Min, HaNa and etc plays in between with Somin on other side. He couldn't seduce her directly. Haha. He needs something to seduce her or give her hint. Like HaHa said, when Jong Kook takes interest, he takes some attention, but not in love yet. I can tell he's bit weird mode right now. His gaze and affectionate words toward somin is very sweet. I like it how he brought the book along, and talked to Somin about it ignoring Jaesuk's cue or lead. He does the same for HaNa, but for Somin, Jaesuk looked awkward like it is my role, please give me the book. Did Jong Kook mention about the bookmark first? Jaesuk was so quick thinking to give it to Sechan. I am glad it was given back to Jong kook when we saw him reading a book looking at the bookmark. 

I have to say that Jaesuk and Sukjin were MVP of the show. Jihyo is the best comeback as cavewoman. It is a cute identity. She could become hermit more often to bring more comedy. She'll have Sechan to become her neighbours. The two have similar aura and variety persona. Somin did well but I think she is not true to Chan-min loveline and stories. Sometimes, you dont know what's she thinking. She likes him or not or act too desperate that she got rejected repeatedly by Sechan. Somin needs to calm down because it wasn't doing any justice to her image everyone came to love. Yes, she is human, but don't overdo it. Her fans really worry about her. She deserves to be loved. Sechan tells the story with more balance and sincerity. Somin makes it so confusing that she got scolding from Sukjin! Thank you Sukjin. I love Somin, but sometimes she works too hard forgetting herself too much. She needs to worry about her own persona she worked so hard to build.  She is such a fun and witty woman with warmth and affections. I miss her interactions with Kwangsoo, Jaesuk, and HaHa. I can't be too greedy for kook-min but would love to see Jong Kook team up with Somin. I mean to see more cute side of him. Jong kook's persona has increased with more interest and variety with Somin around. 

I actually like the episode, it balance with game and silly talks. I think they should give shorter time period to make it more fun to see members and guests panic and chaotic. =) Jaesuk losing his time was terribly funny. Jaesuk tricking Kwangsoo is classic gold. I do miss the Australian team together with their never-ending tricks with each other. Sukjin is on roll! Jong kook is such a cutie when he brought and promote and read Somin's book. He did stop reading halfway. But he kept the book close by. 

IG has slow motion of kook-min moments to enjoy. And JongKook's gaze at Somin with interest while listening to her explanation or commentary is so sweet. How many pages Jong Kook would have to call Somin to explain to him. That's why she is not giving anyone cheat sheet. Just put her in your speed dial, and have a drink with her share or ask question. =) That is a lot of pages to talk about and meet up. Kook-min remains to move naturally to everyone's ignorance. =) 

I have not watched latest MUD of Jong Kook's road trip with his family. I read comments about it. One said everyone has brazen sense of humour especially Jong Kook's niece. Even his mom nags and hold grudges, and Jong Kook had to nag back like he didn't want her to push him about marriage. I was just thinking of brazen sense of humour... it reminds me of one person who said Jong Kook is shorter than she thought when she finally met him in person, how is HaHa handsomer than him is because he is married, she gave him flower randomly but didn't want to sit next to him, call his cute baby Christmas memory poor, and never ending and endless wits and jokes. Even Jong Kook teased her back. She gets more peeved but she fights back well. They were like keeping their egos in check. But it just made them so attractive to each other because of their brazen sense of humour. Does anyone agree with me that Somin does have brazen sense of humour that is always out of world and funny. Somin is indeed half Jaesuk and half Kwangsoo. She is not only about ayegyo but also has brazen sense of humour and endless wits. I think his family will enjoy having her around liven up the moment.

He has sort of interest vibe in HaNa in RM. There is no mistake in his interest in Somin about the book and complimenting her. However Chan-min got in the way confusing us. I'll check MUD's Jong Kook Roadtrip another time for better observation. =) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe I miss some little details. JK brought Somin's book into the studio room. At first, I don't want to make that gesture a big deal since all the members were rushing to sit om the circle. So, maybe JK doesn't want to waste time to pass the book to his staff. And why should he pass to book to RM staff since it was his personal item.

Then some details came to my mind. Didn't he call his stylist to get the clothes from changing room? He can just pass the book to the stylist at that time. He had the chance to pass the book but for whatever reason, he kept it and read it during filming. This just make his gesture even more sweeter. :wub:

• Like 5

After pondering why Somin choose to go too far sharing and contradicting herself about Chan-min loveline as if she wanted to be free from it. 

i am glad Sukjin was there to tell her to balance it out to help her to be free from it. HaHa finally admitted to force lovelines and made everyone so uncomfortable. It is like the whole conversation raised the issue about lovelines how we should separate it in variety and private life. 

Isn't Somin trying to say that Sechan rejected her as if she wanted to protect his image. She wanted him to look cool. She didn't want to make him look like a loser. 

I think somin is kind of confused or at boiling point that she spilled it out all at once. We weren't encouraged to spill it out too much that would make us less of ourselves. I think Somin has a way of trying to be relatable to the viewers that she could feel their pain. Sukjin was there for her to carry the conversation for her to show the viewers that it is mostly for business and variety in some ways.

Looking at this in big picture, I think Somin is taken or dating someone seriously. Look at how she put herself down and trying to free Sechan from her. She is like torn in between promoting Sechan through Chan-min loveline versus Chan-min loveline itself. I think she's doing right now is promoting Sechan. She had to lower herself without caring that would hurt her dating and marriage chances. Jong Kook oddly butt in some ways in plain sight. He was annoyed with HaHa's remark for forcing loveline. He even reminded Jihyo her contradicted advice to ask Sechan to open his heart. I mean in that timing, he seems to know that it doesn't work. And Jong kook brought Somin's book and promoted himself instead of letting Jaesuk do it. The way he asked and looked at her with interest is so heart fluttering. That is natural chemistry. But everyone choose ignorance for cutest reason. =) 

It takes time to understand the difference and realising or thinking what they are trying to do. I think Somin is trying to free herself, but she needs to protect Sechan's image. They are best friends, and she has nothing but respect for him. Fortune teller said Somin worries and thinks a lot. She is very considerate and hardworking. 

I hope Kook-min will continue to grow stronger than ever. And the book is a key to their hearts. =) Somin's Again poem is like a poem for jong Kook. He had a sad breakup in the past that he felt that he would never fall in love again like stiff earthen pot, but he didn't realise that his heart softer than steamed egg that he could fall in love again. It is so sweet. =) 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

I can't believe I miss some little detail. JK brought Somin's book into the studio room. At first, I don't want to make that gesture a big deal since all the members were rushing to sit om the circle. So, maybe JK doesn't want to waste time to pass the book to his staff. And why should he pass to book to RM staff since it was his personal item.

Then some details came to my mind. Didn't he call his stylist to get the clothes from changing room? He can just pass the book to the stylist at that time. He had the chance to pass the book but for whatever reason, he kept it and read it during filming. This just make his gesture even more sweeter. :wub:

The game itself is funny. It feels like he is replacing it with his phone he was always glued with.  Hehe. I think he is doing PPL reminding the viewers to buy the book because it is so interesting but hard to understand. =) He is so sweet to promote the book like he knows SOmin's agency is not doing anything to promote her book. He is so cute. If Jaesuk leads to promote the book, he would only read its excerpt and give the book back. Jong Kook wanted to show he is serious about it! He is obviously reading it when no one tease him. Even Kwangsoo and Sukjin. Maybe Jong Kook knows that Jaesuk won't promote the book properly. That is why he took the action on his own. Kwangsoo just called HaNa's radio that Somin forced him to talk about the book. It is not helping with credibility. Jaesuk will just read it and will get criticism for promoting. Jong Kook did it for a reason that he could try to promote in his own accord naturally. And I do think it works and it was so sweet. They didn't blur the book at all. Thank you RM, Jong Kook, and the rest for helping to promote Somin's book. It is really interesting to read. I think he is trying to impress Somin's fans, and her family that he can do something for her. I think in the past he had a reputation for giving her hard time. Now he is just soften up naturally, and adores Somin. Probably he needs a goal to make Somin's mom to ask for his number instead. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rahayu Muktiayu said:
I have that feeling, Jongkook oppa love her, my logical is why he read that book ?. Fortune teller about Somin in 2018 is her spouse like father and daughter, Jongkook like her father, he help her about her book. And in eps 490 he say " stop forcing them" . Interesting for me

As a long time Jong Kook, I do think that he is definitely attracted to her. But the fact that she's not necessarily the type he goes for, it's probably breaking his brain a little bit and he's just trying to process it all. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

Not related to Kook-min: 

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/lee-kwang-soo-injures-ankle-in-car-accident-undergo-surgery/

Just the news came in, Kwangsoo was in car accident but has no other serious injuries but he is undergoing a surgery for his ankle. That'll affect his time with Running Man until he recovers. 

I think they would visit him while he is recovering. Probably feed him and cheer him up for a day. 

• Sad 7

Read some comments on YT for the ChanMin video. 99% of the comments are asking the RM team to stop pushing the LL and let the natural chemistry shine between all members, especially ChanMin who are clearly BFFs.

Just to put it out there. I miss the crazy SoMin. I loved that character of hers. 

I remember YJS saying in an episode that he wants to go on top of a mountain and scream 'Jeon So Min is crazzyyy'. :joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, kukumarq1 said:

As a long time Jong Kook, I do think that he is definitely attracted to her. But the fact that she's not necessarily the type he goes for, it's probably breaking his brain a little bit and he's just trying to process it all. 

At least I hope he is way past denial period. And Somin is now being weird with her loveline. I mean... she is going back and forth with Chan-min loveline which she is supposed to be consistent. HaHa said it takes several times for Jong Kook to get interested. Not only one time, but several times with consistency, determination, hope, and patience. Jong Kook recently said he is more into dating someone he is comfortable with. It is sort of hearing he prefer dating a friend. No mistake that Somin is one of his. He kept on telling us how close he is with her. =)

• Like 4

@kukumarq1 since you are long time Jong Kook's fan, I have seen one of the comments that Jong Kook does not prefer to date someone who has history with his friends. 

Does it affect Somin's chances with Jong kook because of her taffy like friendship with Sechan? It could be because both of them have not dated before. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Rahayu Muktiayu said:
I have that feeling, Jongkook oppa love her, my logical is why he read that book ?. Fortune teller about Somin in 2018 is her spouse like father and daughter, Jongkook like her father, he help her about her book. And in eps 490 he say " stop forcing them" . Interesting for me

Didn't Somin give everyone the book at the same time? 

Jong Kook is so cute to hide the book behind him. =) Maybe he was hiding from PD that they wouldn't stop him from doing it, and advise early on for Jaesuk to take over. =) Jong kook was so gung ho with promoting. Look at his gaze, body language, and tone of voice. He was in delight for real to find something so interesting to keep him entertained. It is like going back in time when cellphone wasn't use for self entertainment use. =) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1