[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

Just come to stop by. I am watching the latest episode with sub and i feel like writing here after this part:

Haha is teasing Sechan because he looks worried since Somin won’t come bringing a whistle. But then Jongkook murmurs by himself like “forced. Ishh.. He (Haha) forced it (the loveline)” while smiling. What happen with my dugeun dugeun heart? ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

The fact that jongkook had the book with him all through the episode and was genuinely interested in it, was reading it and even using the bookmark lol. He's the sweetest really. I'm sure he made somin happy just seeing him do that. But seriously tho why was he hiding the book during the opening lol. It says a lot that somin just looks on at him with familiar adoration when he starts talking about the book like I've heard this all already. And it's just registering in my head but how dare they call him sexist!! Honestly the haters just be saying anything at this point, and it's just sad.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, HappyVirusRM said:

@kukumarq1 Where did they get the sexist part!? I’m so confused and embarrassed by their reasoning. The k-nets to my understanding took it as a joke and moved on, why can’t the internationals do the same? Why insult and try to degrade KJK’s career and legacy with insinuations of sexism and rudeness??  
Jihyo was playing the loveline, YJS said something, KJK made a witty remark about TROS, and that was it... Jihyo even answered, she isn’t the meek baby woman they want her to be, Jihyo would 100% responded with strength and snark if she was truly offended, she’s a strong woman that has YEARS in the industry, she knows how to handle herself. Sometimes I feel these people aren’t really her fans, which sucks considering Jihyo is amazing and deserves the best. 

on the one hand, fans allege pds and the members don't care for sjh and when members try to make interesting moments for her, they do not want that. last episode, i saw the comments of some sjh fans who blamed the members for interrupting sjh and not letting her explain she hadn't stolen the bicycle. :sweatingbullets:  

it is like sjh can't be teased by the members because she has such a sensitive heart that she takes all their comments literally. she wouldn't have survived in the industry if she didn't know how to differentiate between variety and reality. jsm goes through really embarrassing stuff - whether it be the armpits incident or not being recognised by people on the street. however, she takes all of it with a smile. she doesn't let us see her worries. that is the right attitude for an entertainer. sjh actually took the teasing quite calmly and i always feel references to monday couple bring back the old jh. even last episode, when haha was telling her she has not been the same since gary left, the tone of her voice when she asks 'who is gary' was old jh. it was so funny. sadly, some fans can't see that.

these fans fail to acknowledge that the other members have been trying to make up for jh not being herself on the show for years now. when jh looks lost in an episode, her fans say she has still not got out of the trauma of being fired. if so, they should thank the other members for working extra hard to make up for that. all of them do that because they think of her as family. even jsj, when he scolds sjh on the show, is trying to provoke her to act her role. 

if some of her fans, instead of being so sensitive, had encouraged sjh to let herself go, she would have had an easier time coming out of her shell. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

anyone care to explain why they call Jong Kook sexist? I didnt get to watch the whole episode for now. For haters' predictable habit to call anyone who support somin like that, I wouldnt be surprised.

Jong Kook tends to say something controversial to state his own beliefs, and sometimes not afraid to express it. He has his own preferences such as in the past he describes the look of a person he interested in. People asked his own preference, and they sometimes put it in a wrong way. 

I also notice that Somin is one of the few who knows how to handle his way of expressing things that could rub the person in a wrong way. Remember the first meeting, Jong kook and Jaesuk were teasing Somin. Jong Kook innocently said her forehead is wide. He may not say that it is ugly. It is wide, but to somin, it feels like he said it is ugly or out of norm. She answered back so wittingly. A girl like that could scare anyone, but not Jong Kook. She really does help him to put his ego in check in some ways in a hilarious way. It goes same for predicting who is handsomest. Somin goes outside of the box or opposite direction instead of winning the game-- she brings variety comedy to put Jong Kook's ego in check again. That makes PD, staffs, and writer love her so much. She understood variety. The red flower, he was so fixed with mission and all, but Somin has variety mindset like Kwangsoo, always think outside of the box to bring laughs. I can tell a bit that it started to changed Jong Kook's way of thinking and learn to adapt to variety comedy and entertainment. He set the balance. He is becoming more entertaining this time being so talkative. Somin in turn became more competitive. It is like their halves have switched over but still keep the other half. They became more balanced. It takes few people to put up with his mannerism and antics. But you can tell how well respected Jong Kook is despite his frugality and gym addiction with number of people taking too much care for him. His Dragon brothers love and adore him to the core. They made fun him silly. He really does need someone who understands him,  but also keep his ego or fixed mind in check to explore life to the fullest. Didnt most of the female guests choose Jong kook as ideal guy? 

I will have to check with the part why they call him sexist. He is probably one of the most open minded person among members, but his preference is his own choice. 

• Like 2

I was trying to fall asleep so I decided to watch a lil bit of YouTube, in my recommended this Video popped up, I clicked on it ‘cause it had Sechanie on it, and guess who made an appearance?? The red dog that Somin took on the episode filmed on Jan 13, if this was filmed after that, it trampled on the Chanmin shippers theory that Sechan loved that she kept it. 

Also, a few Chanmin shippers are mad at Somin because of today’s episode, so let’s add them to the list of people that this loveline has pissed off and let’s end it, shall we, SBS? 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

on the one hand, fans allege pds and the members don't care for sjh and when members try to make interesting moments for her, they do not want that. last episode, i saw the comments of some sjh fans who blamed the members for interrupting sjh and not letting her explain she hadn't stolen the bicycle. :sweatingbullets:  

it is like sjh can't be teased by the members because she has such a sensitive heart that she takes all their comments literally. she wouldn't have survived in the industry if she didn't know how to differentiate between variety and reality. jsm goes through really embarrassing stuff - whether it be the armpits incident or not being recognised by people on the street. however, she takes all of it with a smile. she doesn't let us see her worries. that is the right attitude for an entertainer. sjh actually took the teasing quite calmly and i always feel references to monday couple bring back the old jh. even last episode, when haha was telling her she has not been the same since gary left, the tone of her voice when she asks 'who is gary' was old jh. it was so funny. sadly, some fans can't see that.

these fans fail to acknowledge that the other members have been trying to make up for jh not being herself on the show for years now. when jh looks lost in an episode, her fans say she has still not got out of the trauma of being fired. if so, they should thank the other members for working extra hard to make up for that. all of them do that because they think of her as family. even jsj, when he scolds sjh on the show, is trying to provoke her to act her role. 

if some of her fans, instead of being so sensitive, had encouraged sjh to let herself go, she would have had an easier time coming out of her shell. 

The stolen bicycle incident is so funny. It prevents from edited out if she doesnt have a crazy story to tell. The members did talking for her to create comedy. It was chaotic, funny, and bit embarrassing. Jihyo is not really created for comedy. Everyone is coming up with strange stories which does not mean it really happens. They just teased her to the core even though it is not true. It is quite similar of how members tried to force chan-min into the loveline speaking for them. Even Jihyo asked Somin to open her heart. So it is just drive Jihyo crazy to unleash her inner gangster to smack everyone as much she can to bring comedy. Her speechlessness is cute. The members were so funny and crazy. They are all trying to keep and help each other from being edited out. 

Some of Jihyo's fans like it. They thought and praised everyone to help Jihyo to bring comedic fun to her story. She looked lost, speechless, and exasperated. Everyone is crazy, and she laughs at their ridiculous imagination. Did you see how far Kwangsoo framed her for drinking and smoking. How he framed Jong Kook for going nail saloon. All these stuff is really Korean style of humour. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Happyjana said:

Somin has a talent in literature & she can converts her thoughts/feelings into something beautiful like poems. Every sentences in her poems have hidden meanings. Anyone who love to read literature books can relate to that. The best comment from kjk to somin: "you're my favourite writer":wub:. So, it proves our theory before that he really loves what Somin wrote either diary or poems. He teased her poems before in ig because he loves it.

Somin's poem is not straightforward style but helps you to understand the matter of how nature or object works into everyday life. Jong kook had to follow the pattern and somin's way of thinking, he would understand her poem better.

Her poems are really good, even for English readers who have to translate word by word. Each word translated really tells a story. Everyday objects and nature are universal things to bridge over the language barriers. 

• Like 7

@Rida Live kjk reading jsm's book during the break is the cutest thing ever. even with his poor literary sense as jsm put it, he was trying to make sense of it. the poem he quoted was even hard for me to understand though i read poetry. i think he will get some of her other poems.

i love these two where the title itself becomes part of the poem:

last year, she was a crazy poet for kjk. now she is his favorite writer. he liked her song lyrics as well though he said her lyrics style was different to his. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, HappyVirusRM said:

@kukumarq1 Where did they get the sexist part!? I’m so confused and embarrassed by their reasoning. The k-nets to my understanding took it as a joke and moved on, why can’t the internationals do the same? Why insult and try to degrade KJK’s career and legacy with insinuations of sexism and rudeness??  
Jihyo was playing the loveline, YJS said something, KJK made a witty remark about TROS, and that was it... Jihyo even answered, she isn’t the meek baby woman they want her to be, Jihyo would 100% responded with strength and snark if she was truly offended, she’s a strong woman that has YEARS in the industry, she knows how to handle herself. Sometimes I feel these people aren’t really her fans, which sucks considering Jihyo is amazing and deserves the best. 

Hi, 

I think is because the spartace fandom has a huge portion of SJH fans, so they can easily turn on KJK. Moreover, even within RM fandom, there are people who dislike him because of his 'villian' role. This was also expressed in his heart-to-heart-talk with YJS in 1 episode: KJK also have worries about the wrath of fans because of his villian & bully role. YJS actually expressed understanding on this sacrifice - it is not easy to take on this role but someone had to do it. 

I like to give credit to my favorite 3 'oldies' :D because I really like them for their devotion and wisdom as variety veterans. For example, they have taken on the 'less friendly' roles of being the grumpy/savage/sarcastic ones (yes, even YJS sometimes fire blunt shots at guests/own members). They are not afraid to portray the roles which earns them less popularity. Another example is the increase of meta jokes in the show - where you find variety shows which openly 'speaks' about screentime/change of emcees etc.

Prefer to see it as they are trying to change the theme of the show (they spoke openly about changing + it has been expressed that current trends with Korean viewers is they prefer to see shows which shows a more realistic/honest side of things). So perhaps they are trying to change RM to showcase more realistic views/comments (sort of like Deadpool breaking the 4th wall)  + they are trying to direct more screentime/limelight or impart knowledge to the younger ones. Let's face it - they know that they are not able to keep doing variety shows forever, sooner or later, they have to pass the batons to the young ones.

The anti-fans probably got to me since I expected more from them - KJK had been there for you-know-who while it was a difficult period for her (both start of RM + firing controversy) so the least is not to speak ill of him.

Anyway, it is not healthy to focus on negativity, so do try to focus on the positive things. For one, I really really suspect major revamps/changes are on the way for RM (if they are continuing with the show).  So to finish with another wise quote from YJS to Gary: "You know we all used to play in the playground when we were young. but as we get older we can’t play in the same place forever. we won’t have much fun playing with the same rides over and over again.to find different sides of us we shouldn’t do the same things. that’s what we must do for running man. the staff members are looking for new environments for us to play in. "

Thanks.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HappyVirusRM said:

Another theory by the antis was that Somin gave the PD the book and the PD chose KJK to be the PR person, and that the whole joke about Somin needing to publish a key for people understand her book is just a setup for another Somin book. LOL 

Like you said, wouldn’t the logical person in charge of PR be YJS? Why KJK? And even then, why would YJS actively nudge KJK if the plan was to give Somin PR time? In another episode they already briefly talked about her book, why are they doing it again? How much PR can KJK give the book by just sitting quietly and reading it? There’s just so many questions and I’m gonna answer them for the antis! Here it goes:

KJK is proud of Somin’s book, he called her his favorite author (funny how they’re not talking about that line LOL) and I bet he enjoyed every second of his free PR time for Somin:D

Gosh haters... 

why in the world they had to come up with it when they dont even know how variety works. they have no respect for people who work so hard to put pieces by pieces together no matter how members can torture them for breaking the rules, destroy the rules, not making any jokes, getting bored, distracted or etc. They have to spend hours putting pieces together to squeeze into 30-45 minutes show (commercial breaks in between). Members finish shooting and head home or another work, the PD, staff, editors, and writers  have to gather after filming to spend most of time to put the pieces together, then brainstorm the next. The haters even created the rumor of PD and Somin's affair. How many times they have mixed up with senior and junior PDs. Even put wrong picture. 

You are so right why he hid the book behind him, and look at Jaesuk tapping Jong Kook's arm to let him lead the show to promote the book. Jong Kook was little antsy and wants to be part of it. He doesnt even look at Jaesuk. I dont think the staff and Jaesuk could predict Jong Kook to act like that. Maybe Jong Kook was thought to pass it to Jaesuk to read it or etc. Jong kook was too immersed in it and wanted Somin to look at him to explain what is it all about. He shared his own commentary, and happiness. He is sharing reviews to tell readers to read it too. He is like walking PPL for Somin's book. The way he looks at it and read through out most of the filming. Sukjin even tried to pull the book to read it, but Jong Kook was holding too hard. It is like tug of war. With Jaesuk, it is fight over promoting Somin's book. And the PD and Jaesuk decided to show it. Just imagine Jong Kook's family and friends, even Dragon brothers observing this scene. Jong Kook's gaze at Somin so intensely  is so heart fluttering. Is he trying to get his family and friends push him from outside. I just felt that he wanted to be with her at the moment. It is very interesting scene. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Sorry that I have to rant a little bit about my frustration.

This episode really twisted my head. It's so confusing to me what is RM's intentions to edit like that. The game was long and not really interesting in my opinion, maybe it's because they had to come up with ideas last minute since the plan to film in Europe was cancelled (such a pity though it seemed like an exciting trip, but it's understandable). So the members tried to make fun through acts and conversations, and most of the time the convos focused around Chanmin loveline which were so weird and uncomfortable for me. Like come on don't they have other interesting topics to discuss and for the guests to participate as well ? When they talked about Chanmin Kang Hanna and Heo Kyeong Hwan did not even say a word, RM members (mostly Haha-Jaesuk-Sukjin-Jongkook) talked with themselves. Haha reacts too much and Jongkook had to say that it was too forced, Sukjin's brutal advice and Jaesuk had to stop him .. I mean ever since Chanmin loveline was brought up, RM dynamic became so weird and awkward for me to watch somehow. I miss the old RM days before the LL.

But the biggest question for me is Jongkook and Somin's book. I mean what's the deal of it? I have tons of questions. Why was Jongkook the one to promote it? Why did he keep it throughout the opening part, the guest introduction part, and the game part (even when they ran to the 2nd floor he still kept the book and ran with it, shouldn't he return the book to the staff at that time since he finished promoting it)? During the game part why did he put it in front of him so that he can reach easily to read? Why did he smile while reading it when Somin's talking ? Why did he have to go to such extent ? Also, why did the PD let him do that and why did they choose to show it to us ? I mean WHY WHY WHY? Sometimes I can't help but feeling that RM and all are just messing with our heads and playing with our feelings to keep the show's rating and popularity. They put Chanmin in the front to ease large base of antis/spartace fans, but they also put low-key Kookmin moments to attract shippers like us which are growing in number. What's real, what's fake, what's scripted .. can time tell :sweatingbullets:?

(well during time of doubts like this, I will watch Kookmin performance of confession song and calm down, that is my tranquilizer :lol:)

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, happysmile89 said:

I mean WHY WHY WHY? Sometimes I can't help but feeling that RM and all are just messing with our heads and playing with our feelings to keep the show's rating and popularity. 

First thing, we, as international viewers (I assume you are not Korean) means nothing to the show's rating. We are even more useless if we watch the show from pirate website (kshow123, dramacool, etc). 

As for Korean viewers, based from somebody's here mentioned about comments from Naver, they can see JK's changes and his soft treatment to Somin, but I doubt there's a large fan base of Kookmin. And the staff never promote Kookmin. So, from what I can see, Kookmin never cater for anyone's interest. It is just a fact, Somin and Jongkook are very close.

• Like 8

Hey guys, been reading up on the posts here.

I did see some comments against KJK and how he is insulting Gary's wife by making that statement about TROS. Ridiculous.

His statement was savage to Ji hyo, but on point and damn hilarious. What was he to say when a former member of a famous loveline made such a statement. 

I havs just seen the first 15-20 mins of the subbed episode. If the PD had given KJK the book, he would have returned it after the opening, not keep it with him during the game. And from what I read, he preferred to read her book more than look into his PHONE. OMG. Kookieeee. And all these Kook with her book moments are actually not focused on him, I think he just happens to be in the frame and the editors left it the way it is.

By the way, I saw some posts by Somin's fans. They are kind of fed up with the LL too as they think somin has made it very clear in yesterday's episode that Chanmin is not gonna happen. Just like us, they want RM to stop associating everything she does to Sechan. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

KJK's remark on Jihyo about Gary. 'KJK rude', 'KJK is too much', 'Why KJK brings out Gary'... Yadda yadda...

It was really funny when JY make a joke like SM should open her heart to SC so ChanMin may ‘happen’ like duh? Did she ever confess to Gary while Monday couple was like the longest and powerful ship in RM history for 7 years?? Like seriously?? She asked SM to do what again LOL of course she’s not because Monday Couple was only for the show rating! The irony. There’s nothing wrong with what’s KJK said its just SJY fans just stupid and dumb don't know how to analyse the whole situation. 

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, happysmile89 said:

But the biggest question for me is Jongkook and Somin's book. I mean what's the deal of it? I have tons of questions. Why was Jongkook the one to promote it? Why did he keep it throughout the opening part, the guest introduction part, and the game part (even when they ran to the 2nd floor he still kept the book and ran with it, shouldn't he return the book to the staff at that time since he finished promoting it)? During the game part why did he put it in front of him so that he can reach easily to read? Why did he smile while reading it when Somin's talking ? Why did he have to go to such extent ? Also, why did the PD let him do that and why did they choose to show it to us ? I mean WHY WHY WHY? Sometimes I can't help but feeling that RM and all are just messing with our heads and playing with our feelings to keep the show's rating and popularity. They put Chanmin in the front to ease large base of antis/spartace fans, but they also put low-key Kookmin moments to attract shippers like us which are growing in number. What's real, what's fake, what's scripted .. can time tell :sweatingbullets:?

you are not looking at a big change which has happened with kookmin. kjk cannot respond to jsm's posts like before ever since the loveline started. the way he talks about her when she is looking at the snow or the way he talks about her book, it gives me the feeling he does want to interact with her on sns. however, it is like a professional code of conduct now. unless he wants to be part of the love triangle, he has to respect chanmin as the loveline. even on MUD, he had to play the  cheering squad for chanmin. since he is doing those things, the pds also have to let him get away with some things. it was kjk who invited jsm to sing her confession song at his concert, but nobody spoke about it other than as jsm ditching yjs like kjk ditched haha. ysc was asked about his experience singing at kjk's concert but no one asked jsm what it felt to sing the song with kjk. i am sure she would have had many entertaining stories to share. there weren't any clips shown of their performance on rm, so only kjk and jsm and kookmin fans got to see how they performed together. imagine if it had been part of rm broadcast. more people would have noticed their chemistry!

last episode, pds and members brought the cake for jsm's book, but it was slightly impersonal too. no one read from her book or asked her why she wrote what she did. the book shows another jsm, the real jsm, one who is deep, still looking for love and want to be understood. perhaps that side of her will mess up with her character on the show which is actively pursuing ysc. kjk might have wanted to personalize her book or get himself involved with her book. if kjk let jsm sing her confession song at his concert, he might have wanted to get involved with her book in some way as well.

also, i feel earlier kjk waited for others to talk about his dynamic with jsm, but now that nobody is doing it from the start of the new year, he finds ways of incorporating funny stories about jsm that won't get edited away. last to last episode, yjs mentioned about jsm calling up ysc to say she is lonely, then kjk came up with his own story about watching jsm snowgazing right before the shoot.that happened with jsm too with her shirt story last episode. kookmin are starting to do their bit to slowly sabotage the LL.

the pds can ask kjk to put away the book, but usually, the pds work through yjs to tell him off. however, if they talk about kjk reading the book, that will shift the focus to kookmin in a way that excludes ysc and they wouldn't want to do that. yjs can only ask ysc to keep the bookmark. they can't say she wrote that book for you because that is jsm's personal life. again, with all the chanmin promotion kjk did on MUD, they will have to cut him some slack on the show for acting like the person jsm intended the book for.  usually, jsm tries not to interact too much with kjk in the openings. but when kjk stokes her writer's ego by saying he cannot understand her, of course, the writer/love guru in jsm will come up. till then, she was standing away. once he reads her poem, she cannot control herself and comes out to explain. if that is his way of seducing her, way to go, kjk!

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

once he reads her poem, she cannot control herself and comes out to explain. if that is his way of seducing her, way to go, kjk!

After 'coffee date', I hope they go for a 'book date' :lol:. Kjk treat somin book like a valuable

treasure which he just found. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

25 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

Anyone saw KJK's MUD segment last night ? 

Yes! His whole family is just savagely funny. But, I think he hasn't made up his mind or just doesn't want his mother to keep pestering him about getting married.

He basically told his mother to back off by telling her that he likes living alone and isn't thinking of marriage right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Thank you all @kyoko22 @kookminclan RunningMan for replying to me.

Rating is not everything for RM, the program survived big thanks to international fanbase with all the fanmeetings abroad so our opinions and critics matter a lot of them I think (Yes I'm not Korean). 

I never once doubted about Kookmin close relationship growing over the years because that's what made me fall in love with them, they showed me how natural between a man and a woman change from strangers to become closer and (hopefully) in love. I believe their chemistry that made us heart fluttering is 100% real and not scripted at all. It's just that sometimes I feel frustrated with RM's recent strategies with the LL and all the forceful teasing. Sorry if I offended you guys.

• Like 4
  • Love 1