Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

By the way, it came to my mind about when somin and sechan talked about their families about the approval. I think it was during seollal holiday, jan 25. If you know korean celebrities and their schedule, they hardly have time with their extended family. Isn’t broadcasting 2020 forecast comes after seollal week? If their families watch 2020 forecast, it may ask different questions especially the part about having ties with older man. Somin specifically asked which age group her spouse is. The taffy compatibility similar to jaesuk and kwangsoo compatibility. Korean and Chinese know the difference between destiny and compatibility. 
 

i don’t think chanmin loveline will not die down until sechan finds his role independently. Somin is balancing it without hurting sechan’s pride. And jong kook is there to save the day for somin’s emotions and sechan’s nervousness. Sechan’s screentime has improved so much with chanmin and kookmin triangle. It is same for Monday couple. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jialinggoleong said:

By the way, it came to my mind about when somin and sechan talked about their families about the approval. I think it was during seollal holiday, jan 25. If you know korean celebrities and their schedule, they hardly have time with their extended family. Isn’t broadcasting 2020 forecast comes after seollal week? If their families watch 2020 forecast, it may ask different questions especially the part about having ties with older man. Somin specifically asked which age group her spouse is. The taffy compatibility similar to jaesuk and kwangsoo compatibility. Korean and Chinese know the difference between destiny and compatibility 
 

i don’t think chanmin loveline will not die down until sechan finds his role independently. Somin is balancing it without hurting sechan’s pride. And jong kook is there to save the day for somin’s emotions and sechan’s nervousness. Sechan’s screentime has improved so much with chanmin and kookmin triangle. It is same for Monday couple. 

Actually, even though it was filmed on dec 17, the fortune telling episode premiere on Jan 26.
Still, Somin didn’t specify what her mother wanted to talk about with Sechan so honestly it could’ve been anything, I bet money that Somin had to explain the whole loveline situation to her mother.
 

Also, let’s analyze what Somin said, shall we? She said; my mother wants me to start thinking about marriage (camera pans to KJK lol)... that’s it, she didn’t said anything about Sechan till she was asked if her family said anything about him specifically.

Then when the members talked about the Chanmin wedding she denied wanting to marry Sechan. Soooo I wanna say her mother wasn’t talking about Sechan when she talked about marriage, I guess she was just telling Somin to start thinking about it in general. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jialinggoleong said:

Chanmin is not becoming cute so far from reading the comments. I mean sukjin made it worse but It could put end to it despite the double ammunition made for haters. I don’t agree with his methods at all. It just rubbed in a wrong way like he wasn’t entirely aware of the haters who are mostly international fanbase. Korean netizens, I don’t believe have hate on somin. They are either fan of hers or RM or not at all. I am not giving him excuses but I think it is part of his signature persona. Always angry but didn’t admit it, giving weird comments like describing somin’s face that is bigger than jihyo, and etc. The thing is that, jong kook is there to save the day for somin. No matter how jaesuk tried to protect somin. Sometimes it is beyond him. He would try to control it. But jong kook is actually very special. When sukjin commented somin’s face comparing to jihyo, jong kook commented that he’s dead at he end. I mean he took the magnitude of it to end this joke and insult entirely. And at the end, it feels like jong kook was there right time and place. It was sukjin’s signature persona that always put everyone and himself in spot. Just remember once a while that sukjin adore somin off camera with his interview with one of apink member’s radio show.

Hi,

 

Sorry, but I would see it differently and give Suk Jin more credit on this:). For the 3 'oldies' (JSJ/YJS/KJK), perhaps due to their age, but sometimes during the show, they may say some quotes which seems like for entertainment purposes, but have a lot of meanings/advice when you read it from a different angle. I think perhaps they are trying to impart knowledge to the younger ones.

 

In this episode, I would say that other than playing up to his grumpy persona/forbidden couple, his words can also serve as advice to JSM (not to accept & follow-up on every single joke thrown at her) + others (not to over-push the loveline). Maybe JSM fans have a better idea of her, but I noticed that perhaps JSM is very grateful to RM so every joke the cast brings up, she will accept & play on that regardless of whether she is really happy about it or not (cue Haha's pomenarian joke). In short, I feel that JSJ is also trying to advise JSM to learn to say No if she is not comfortable about the joke. Yes, RM saved her as she admits, but there is no need to 'sacrifice' herself if she is not willing to do something.

 

This shows that JSJ is really worried for JSM that the fans who believed the loveline if the loveline falls through (Monday Couple is the living example). Coming from the guy who endured the 'Where's Jihyo' fiasco from rabid fans, I think he is just trying to advise RM to stop pushing the JSM-YSC loveline too much as he is worried about the fan's backlash. 

 

The problem actually lies with the fans community - they will interpret every word their way. While we cannot say they are wrong since everyone is open to interpreting however they like, audience should still keep in mind that this is a show and they are 'enacting' it to entertain people.

 

In the wise words of YJS to SJH: "Whatever you do in front of the camera is forgiven. But if you do the same when the camera is off, that is not like a professional."

 

Thanks & sorry for the long post. Just rather irritated by anti-fans 'firing their ammo' at KJK in the recent couple of episodes.

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AB_fan said:

Thanks & sorry for the long post. Just rather irritated by anti-fans 'firing their ammo' at KJK in the recent couple of episodes.

No need to apologise, I love your insight. What are the antis attacking kjk for this time around? I didn't know he was being harassed again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AB_fan hmmm thanks for this, I could definitely seem him trying to help her in his own way. I guess some of us Somin fans are starting to really crack over Somin carrying the burden of the loveline so some of us are extra sensitive. The way he worded things really triggered me I admit, I’m just really tired of Somin getting attacked and this loveline adding to it ain’t really fun, I’m even avoiding ready the Naver comments at this point. And yes, I did noticed KJK got attacked which is unfortunate and annoying considering he does know English so he can really be hurt by those type of comments on his Instagram and tagged stuff. If I moderated the SBS Instagram I would honestly closed the comments but oh well.

 

 I did open Naver just to see the views on the Chanmin videos and they’re honestly not that good so it seems interest is going down, in fact, the dancing videos are already at 100k, this just proves RM doesn’t need the loveline, they need special moments like that. 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rida Live said:

No need to apologise, I love your insight. What are the antis attacking kjk for this time around? I didn't know he was being harassed again.

KJK's remark on Jihyo about Gary. 'KJK rude', 'KJK is too much', 'Why KJK brings out Gary'... Yadda yadda...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AB_fan said:

Hi,

 

Sorry, but I would see it differently and give Suk Jin more credit on this:). For the 3 'oldies' (JSJ/YJS/KJK), perhaps due to their age, but sometimes during the show, they may say some quotes which seems like for entertainment purposes, but have a lot of meanings/advice when you read it from a different angle. I think perhaps they are trying to impart knowledge to the younger ones.

 

In this episode, I would say that other than playing up to his grumpy persona/forbidden couple, his words can also serve as advice to JSM (not to accept & follow-up on every single joke thrown at her) + others (not to over-push the loveline). Maybe JSM fans have a better idea of her, but I noticed that perhaps JSM is very grateful to RM so every joke the cast brings up, she will accept & play on that regardless of whether she is really happy about it or not (cue Haha's pomenarian joke). In short, I feel that JSJ is also trying to advise JSM to learn to say No if she is not comfortable about the joke. Yes, RM saved her as she admits, but there is no need to 'sacrifice' herself if she is not willing to do something.

 

This shows that JSJ is really worried for JSM that the fans who believed the loveline if the loveline falls through (Monday Couple is the living example). Coming from the guy who endured the 'Where's Jihyo' fiasco from rabid fans, I think he is just trying to advise RM to stop pushing the JSM-YSC loveline too much as he is worried about the fan's backlash. 

 

The problem actually lies with the fans community - they will interpret every word their way. While we cannot say they are wrong since everyone is open to interpreting however they like, audience should still keep in mind that this is a show and they are 'enacting' it to entertain people.

 

In the wise words of YJS to SJH: "Whatever you do in front of the camera is forgiven. But if you do the same when the camera is off, that is not like a professional."

 

Thanks & sorry for the long post. Just rather irritated by anti-fans 'firing their ammo' at KJK in the recent couple of episodes.

 

 


i haven’t gotten time to watch the episode. So I reflected mostly on previous comments and clips from IG. 
 

Your comment and analysis is better answer to my observation. Like I said before that sukjin has signature persona that could have brought out jong kook’s protectiveness over somin in a real sense and feelings. I think sukjin can feel the aura of jong kook’s closeness to somin. That is why he picked in a very interesting time to provoke him. It was all thanks to sukjin. Sometimes his jokes serve ammunition to somin for haters if they ignore jong kook’s comment. 
 

I have said he probably have tried to end chanmin loveline in a sense but I think his choice of words can put out of context for haters. That is why we just have to remember how he adores somin in radio interview. 
 

it is very sukjin to make these kind of comments. Jaesuk was pushing chanmin loveline. A lot of people take jaesuk more seriously than sukjin in terms of their persona. That is why It feels chaotic in previous comments. 
 

The thing is that, I don’t think sukjin is aware of international haters waiting for him to say something out of context that would give them idea of attacking somin internally. The more they fire at jong kook, the more he stepped it up. He understood English and even can read between the line. He knows what he is doing. Sukjin is talking for knetizens mostly. The thing is that, having jong kook promoting the book and reading it, it balances it. 
 

Many of us sometimes forget somin and sechan’s close and taffy like bond and respect for each other. I think  there are reason somin tried not to be too blunt with sechan to say no. Jaesuk and haha were pushing it. Sukjin and jong kook create a balance. I think the whole situation, sukjin made it worse for somin with choice of words for international fanbase. Jong kook just made it worse for himself for getting all shot at. But for knowing jong kook understanding why he is shot at wasn’t because of him. It was because he cares about somin. Somin is willing to be shot at, but it takes someone of greater courage and respect for her to protect and fight with her. 
 

to me, I think if it weren’t for sukjin, jaesuk, and haha making wild goose chase commentary on chanmin, I don’t think rm and staff would put jong kook’s book promotion into the show. I mean, it is not love story of kookmin. It is little too obvious if there is no balance. I think they were advised in certain roles to create balance through their signature personas into different perspectives. Why would jong kook be the one to bring the book to the show, and asked somin directly about it? Why read it throughout the show. It is up to staff to keep or edit it out. Would it be better for sechan to do it to hype up chanmin loveline, or jaesuk to give neutrality? 
 

I kind of think sukjin’s comments are part of his signature persona. He has some kind of humour kneitzens understood, but not international fanbase. His choice of words is too much versus jaesuk’s wise advice to jihyo for Monday couple. There is a big difference between Monday couple and Chanmin because of how somin has close relationship with sechan. And he has very low screentime. He needs to act fast. His independent screentime improved so much in mid to late 2019. Chanmin loveline is also additional to improve the screen time and protext his place. Somin seems to be troubled in some ways but she is also protecting sechan’s pride as a man and future or prospective husband for special woman someday. Most female guests underestimate him in first impression. That is why somin was put into a spot trying to protect sechan versus her own emotions. Luckily jong kook is there with her book promoting for her or butting in naturally. It helps her balance her emotions. What if Jaesuk or sechan promote her book instead, and jong kook just an observer? I felt sukjin’s choice of words is too sensitive for international fanbase. Jong kook is a brave man with maturity understanding with protective instinct to protect someone he cares about. It goes back to his high school days that he tends to protect the weak from bullies. It is the way he is. Jong kook said in his latest concert using joker’s story and analogy about being real jong kook. His way of protecting somin is not about love story, but protecting something he felt strongly about. In that way, that brings more respect to him instead of letting it be. He just made harsh response to sukjin after he commented somin’s face. This is more of real jong kook than his interest in somin. Somin is someone that is worth to get shot for. That is what I think the whole thing has brought together to bring balance and different perspectives. 
 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

KJK's remark on Jihyo about Gary. 'KJK rude', 'KJK is too much', 'Why KJK brings out Gary'... Yadda yadda...

 

yup, they said he's being rude and what he said was really uncalled for. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with most of you.

Tbh, I sort of stop myself from shouting while JSJ gave his remark. We understand that he was joking and adore Somin. And I also understand his mean to stop with the love line but his delivery unfortunate could also be misconstrued. I just hope it won't give haters some justification of their hates.

 

Judging by Somin character, she obviously value Sechan as a friend and her style is that she never ever make anyone else feel lacking or undesirable just for her own pride especially during love line. Instead she always try to lower herself and make the other seems more desirable so they also can keep their own pride. So I understand how she never harsh while refusing Sechan or love line.

 

I just want Somin to be able to free from this love line since it only bring the negative to Somin. She is able to stand on her own without love line or riding anyone.

 

In another world, it also feel better if they stop with the love line because when they push too much, I feel like KJK actually seems a bit upset. We can see that when he tck tck and said 'forced' when they push the love line.

 

In my own world, somehow this episode making me more sure and give me a medicine for my stomach during last MUD lol

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wanderlustanna said:

 

yup, they said he's being rude and what he said was really uncalled for. 

The truth is that YJS was the first to insinuate something about MC though! Yet, we don’t really see them attacking him... hmm, there’s obviously another reason why they’re mad... and you can see why they’re turning on him in his comments of his most recent insta post... 

 

I went into the Somin antis cave and yes unfortunately they’re eating JSJ comments up but that doesn’t change Somin’s and JSJ’s bond sooo they’re wasting their time coming up with their theories. I also laughed so hard at their reasoning over KJK reading and loving on Somin’s book... I give y’all three seconds to guess! 1...2...3 yep! You guessed it, apparently the PD ordered and made it an obligation for KJK to do that including reading the book on camera.. I mean the antis are a riot honestly, they’re hilarious how do they come up with this stuff :w00t:

  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i totally second @AB_fan

 

jsj is blunt, but he does love jsm. in the beginning of last year, around the time kookmin started becoming more obvious on the show like with the train museum episode, i feel jsj was a bit disapproving of jsm . he would throw mean comments at her and kjk would retaliate in some way. but after that, he has come around. even during the fanmeet dance when jsm was hesitating to dance with kjk, he was the one who said only jong kook can lift her. since then, they have become really close and i feel he likes them together. of all the members, when kjk talks about jsm, he usually addresses jsj first. in a previous episode when kjk talked about jsm snowgazing and getting hit, it was jsj who reacted the most. in the cannes episode too, when kjk puts his arm over jsm, jsj removes his arm from her shoulder like that is kjk's right. so i don't think he is making those statements because he doesn't like her. jsj also chose jsm as his favourite dongsaeng very recently.

 

i think jsj being older is worried about where things will go if the loveline continues. in the episode where ysc finally chooses jsm's doll, jsm at first reacts as if she is upset. she goes back to her seat and then later chooses or is forced to choose ysc. when ysc and jsm then leave to stand away from the selection place, jsj asks, as if in surprise,  'are they partners?' everyone  teases him saying he is in his typical 'forgetful' mode because hasn't jsm accepted ysc?. but i felt he was wondering how they got partnered up when jsm's unwillingness should have been registered by the pds and other members. i think he also takes note when kjk looks uncomfortable once chanmin move away. right after ysc and jsm team up, you can see kjk is lost in his world and yjs is the first one to notice it. yjs draws kjk out by making a comment to haha about how people on shows can end up dating, kjk reacts a bit late and doesn't look that happy since he thinks yjs is referring to how chanmin could end up dating. jsj who is standing next to kjk too doesn't have a pleased expression on his face. then it dawns on kjk that yjs is indirectly mentioning xman and kjk snaps out of it with a smile. jsj then suddenly starts talking about yjs's role in his marriage. he says yjs is good at matchmaking and even when he and his wife broke up, it was yjs who helped them get back together. that seemed like a weird conversation to make and yjs who should be ribbing jsj about his dating days just smiles along. so perhaps jsj was worried if the loveline could mess up things and was kind of reassuring kjk that even if that happens, yjs has enough skills to put things back on track. 

 

there is another instance. in episode 384, jsm and ysc sit side by side in the bus. this was after two interesting episodes where jsm sitting near ysc had led to some discussion. the first one was where kjk told jsm he felt hurt she was sitting away from him and near ysc. in the episode after that, kjk who gets to sit near jsm, asks ysc why he left the seat beside jsm empty and that if he wants to, he can occupy his seat beside jsm. it is supposed to be a joke but kjk looks a bit scary there. the kannes episode is shot right after that and in the bus, jsj finds ysc and jsm sitting together. he immediately draws attention to them and asks them why they are sitting together. this was the early days of teasing so jsm looked quite okay with it and both ysc and jsm reply, it just happened like that. jsj still persists saying the female guest was sitting near ysc and jsm pushed her away to sit beside ysc. it is all supposed to be loveline stuff, but the way he says it is like he disapproves of the seating arrangement. kjk then intervenes saying jsm's hat and ysc's jacket match, a random comment supposed to lighten the mood. the other members then make the whole seating arrangement into a joke and it ends with yjs and haha saying ysc might be interested in the female guest instead. so i think he has been tired of the loveline stuff for some time now.

 

if you remember, in one of the early episodes where they tease chanmin and yjs says jsm's mom likes ysc, it is jsj who brings up kjk out of nowhere by asking jsm what her mom thinks about kjk. similarly, in the episode where sunny guests and chanmin are partners, jsm imitates sunny and tells ysc that he is her ideal type. there also, jsj raises objections and when the members tease him why he is getting so worked up, he says he doesn't want ysc to get hurt.

 

jsj is from an older generation and may believe people should straight up confess instead of playing all these love games. from whatever i have heard of his marriage, seems like he and his wife had their share of troubles in the early days of their marriage. so he may be wary of situations that can lead to possible misunderstanding/friction between a couple. that may not be how it works for other people - the members may all know how to differentiate between what they show in front of the camera and what happens outside. however, that may be the way he thinks. 

 

all the same, i think the pds and members should think about his words. don't push the loveline if it is not gonna pay dividends in the future and only invite more backlash. his words may be bitter and blunt, but he may be trying to protect jsm and kookmin relationship in his own way. 

 

from his radio interview, i got the feeling that jsj appreciates jsm for how easygoing she is. he said she has a smile on her face no matter what is going on. he is someone who gets bullied a lot on the show, even though he is the eldest. members make all sorts of comments on his age - he is called prehistoric, his married life is made fun of. he even lets jsm tease him about his age.  jsm is also similar in that people throw all kinds of things at her thinking she can take them. park hanna got screen time by making a poem about jsm's armpits and though everyone felt embarrassed for her, she made it into a joke saying 'i didn't know i was that popular'. so he does know what she goes through. however, this may be his way of telling her she doesn't have to do everything yjs or haha tells her, that sometimes it is fine to speak up. 

 

i think the pds have to find a new role for ysc like they did with sjh. spartace loveline was also created to find a role for sjh. it flizzled out and her screentime has been uneven, but she is starting to find her feet without it on the show. the same will happen with ysc. ysc is witty, now that he is popular because of the loveline, more female guests will start choosing him. kjk and ysc have a lovely equation and he is doing quite well with the others too. the loveline will have to end. it will tie both jsm and ysc up and that will ruin things in the long run. if kookmin have feelings for each other and have to hide them because of the loveline, it will complicate personal lives as well. 

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HappyVirusRM said:

The truth is that YJS was the first to insinuate something about MC though! Yet, we don’t really see them attacking him... hmm, there’s obviously another reason why they’re mad... and you can see why they’re turning on him in his comments of his most recent insta post... 

 

I went into the Somin antis cave and yes unfortunately they’re eating JSJ comments up but that doesn’t change Somin’s and JSJ’s bond sooo they’re wasting their time coming up with their theories. I also laughed so hard at their reasoning over KJK reading and loving on Somin’s book... I give y’all three seconds to guess! 1...2...3 yep! You guessed it, apparently the PD ordered and made it an obligation for KJK to do that including reading the book on camera.. I mean the antis are a riot honestly, they’re hilarious how do they come up with this stuff :w00t:

 

the whole book thing was odd. how come no one else had a copy, even the pds? it doesn't look like jsm had distributed her copies to all the other members that day.  everyone looks at the book curiously as if they are seeing it for the first time. if it had been with the pds, they would have handed it over to yjs who would have then read out from that. this was really odd. kjk hid it behind his back the entire time as if he wanted to spring a surprise on jsm with the book. or did he not want others to dissuade him from discussing the book?  so i really wonder where he got it from.

 

kjk says he doesn't get the book which is why he cannot keep it down. however, even after that, he keeps on reading it between breaks as if he wants to understand it. 

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wanderlustanna said:

 

yup, they said he's being rude and what he said was really uncalled for. 

Yep! They're accusing him of being sexist. The fandom has never been kind to Jong Kook, and now Somin is unfortunately facing the same thing.

 

By the way, his mother isn't actually begging anyone to take him lol. If anything, they might as well say that all the mothers on that show are begging all the guests to date their sons and daughters. 

 

 

  • Angry 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

 

the whole book thing was odd. how come no one else had a copy, even the pds? it doesn't look like jsm had distributed her copies to all the other members that day.  everyone looks at the book curiously as if they are seeing it for the first time. if it had been with the pds, they would have handed it over to yjs who would have then read out from that. this was really odd. kjk hid it behind his back the entire time as if he wanted to spring a surprise on jsm with the book. or did he not want others to dissuade him from discussing the book?  so i really wonder where he got it from.

 

kjk says he doesn't get the book which is why he cannot keep it down. however, even after that, he keeps on reading it between breaks as if he wants to understand it. 

 

 

 

Another theory by the antis was that Somin gave the PD the book and the PD chose KJK to be the PR person, and that the whole joke about Somin needing to publish a key for people understand her book is just a setup for another Somin book. LOL 

 

Like you said, wouldn’t the logical person in charge of PR be YJS? Why KJK? And even then, why would YJS actively nudge KJK if the plan was to give Somin PR time? In another episode they already briefly talked about her book, why are they doing it again? How much PR can KJK give the book by just sitting quietly and reading it? There’s just so many questions and I’m gonna answer them for the antis! Here it goes:

 

KJK is proud of Somin’s book, he called her his favorite author (funny how they’re not talking about that line LOL) and I bet he enjoyed every second of his free PR time for Somin:D

  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kukumarq1 said:

Yep! They're accusing him of being sexist. The fandom has never been kind to Jong Kook, and now Somin is unfortunately facing the same thing.

Yup the haters are on their golden horses already waving their swords. *sighs*. I knew this loveline was just going to rekindle the anti somin hate party that muted down and it successfully did. People blaming her for playing with ysc's heart in a FAKE AND SCRIPTED loveline. Make it make sense. Apparently she's the reason why the loveline is out of control and has no right to look fed up with it. Fools, every last one of them . 

 

I feel they are just looking for anyway to hate on kjk at this point.  One person called him a cradle robber if he's interested in jsm. Like how?? I say once again; Fools, every last one of them.

  • Angry 5
  • Unamused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kukumarq1 Where did they get the sexist part!? I’m so confused and embarrassed by their reasoning. The k-nets to my understanding took it as a joke and moved on, why can’t the internationals do the same? Why insult and try to degrade KJK’s career and legacy with insinuations of sexism and rudeness??  
Jihyo was playing the loveline, YJS said something, KJK made a witty remark about TROS, and that was it... Jihyo even answered, she isn’t the meek baby woman they want her to be, Jihyo would 100% responded with strength and snark if she was truly offended, she’s a strong woman that has YEARS in the industry, she knows how to handle herself. Sometimes I feel these people aren’t really her fans, which sucks considering Jihyo is amazing and deserves the best. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somin has a talent in literature & she can converts her thoughts/feelings into something beautiful like poems. Every sentences in her poems have hidden meanings. Anyone who love to read literature books can relate to that. The best comment from kjk to somin: "you're my favourite writer":wub:. So, it proves our theory before that he really loves what Somin wrote either diary or poems. He teased her poems before in ig because he loves it.

  • Like 4
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

i totally second @AB_fan

 

jsj is blunt, but he does love jsm. in the beginning of last year, around the time kookmin started becoming more obvious on the show like with the train museum episode, i feel jsj was a bit disapproving of jsm . he would throw mean comments at her and kjk would retaliate in some way. but after that, he has come around. even during the fanmeet dance when jsm was hesitating to dance with kjk, he was the one who said only jong kook can lift her. since then, they have become really close and i feel he likes them together. of all the members, when kjk talks about jsm, he usually addresses jsj first. in a previous episode when kjk talked about jsm snowgazing and getting hit, it was jsj who reacted the most. in the cannes episode too, when kjk puts his arm over jsm, jsj removes his arm from her shoulder like that is kjk's right. so i don't think he is making those statements because he doesn't like her. jsj also chose jsm as his favourite dongsaeng very recently.

 

i think jsj being older is worried about where things will go if the loveline continues. in the episode where ysc finally chooses jsm's doll, jsm at first reacts as if she is upset. she goes back to her seat and then later chooses or is forced to choose ysc. when ysc and jsm then leave to stand away from the selection place, jsj asks, as if in surprise,  'are they partners?' everyone  teases him saying he is in his typical 'forgetful' mode because hasn't jsm accepted ysc?. but i felt he was wondering how they got partnered up when jsm's unwillingness should have been registered by the pds and other members. i think he also takes note when kjk looks uncomfortable once chanmin move away. right after ysc and jsm team up, you can see kjk is lost in his world and yjs is the first one to notice it. yjs draws kjk out by making a comment to haha about how people on shows can end up dating, kjk reacts a bit late and doesn't look that happy since he thinks yjs is referring to how chanmin could end up dating. jsj who is standing next to kjk too doesn't have a pleased expression on his face. then it dawns on kjk that yjs is indirectly mentioning xman and kjk snaps out of it with a smile. jsj then suddenly starts talking about yjs's role in his marriage. he says yjs is good at matchmaking and even when he and his wife broke up, it was yjs who helped them get back together. that seemed like a weird conversation to make and yjs who should be ribbing jsj about his dating days just smiles along. so perhaps jsj was worried if the loveline could mess up things and was kind of reassuring kjk that even if that happens, yjs has enough skills to put things back on track. 

 

there is another instance. in episode 384, jsm and ysc sit side by side in the bus. this was after two interesting episodes where jsm sitting near ysc had led to some discussion. the first one was where kjk told jsm he felt hurt she was sitting away from him and near ysc. in the episode after that, kjk who gets to sit near jsm, asks ysc why he left the seat beside jsm empty and that if he wants to, he can occupy his seat beside jsm. it is supposed to be a joke but kjk looks a bit scary there. the kannes episode is shot right after that and in the bus, jsj finds ysc and jsm sitting together. he immediately draws attention to them and asks them why they are sitting together. this was the early days of teasing so jsm looked quite okay with it and both ysc and jsm reply, it just happened like that. jsj still persists saying the female guest was sitting near ysc and jsm pushed her away to sit beside ysc. it is all supposed to be loveline stuff, but the way he says it is like he disapproves of the seating arrangement. kjk then intervenes saying jsm's hat and ysc's jacket match, a random comment supposed to lighten the mood. the other members then make the whole seating arrangement into a joke and it ends with yjs and haha saying ysc might be interested in the female guest instead. so i think he has been tired of the loveline stuff for some time now.

 

if you remember, in one of the early episodes where they tease chanmin and yjs says jsm's mom likes ysc, it is jsj who brings up kjk out of nowhere by asking jsm what her mom thinks about kjk. similarly, in the episode where sunny guests and chanmin are partners, jsm imitates sunny and tells ysc that he is her ideal type. there also, jsj raises objections and when the members tease him why he is getting so worked up, he says he doesn't want ysc to get hurt.

 

jsj is from an older generation and may believe people should straight up confess instead of playing all these love games. from whatever i have heard of his marriage, seems like he and his wife had their share of troubles in the early days of their marriage. so he may be wary of situations that can lead to possible misunderstanding/friction between a couple. that may not be how it works for other people - the members may all know how to differentiate between what they show in front of the camera and what happens outside. however, that may be the way he thinks. 

 

all the same, i think the pds and members should think about his words. don't push the loveline if it is not gonna pay dividends in the future and only invite more backlash. his words may be bitter and blunt, but he may be trying to protect jsm and kookmin relationship in his own way. 

 

from his radio interview, i got the feeling that jsj appreciates jsm for how easygoing she is. he said she has a smile on her face no matter what is going on. he is someone who gets bullied a lot on the show, even though he is the eldest. members make all sorts of comments on his age - he is called prehistoric, his married life is made fun of. he even lets jsm tease him about his age.  jsm is also similar in that people throw all kinds of things at her thinking she can take them. park hanna got screen time by making a poem about jsm's armpits and though everyone felt embarrassed for her, she made it into a joke saying 'i didn't know i was that popular'. so he does know what she goes through. however, this may be his way of telling her she doesn't have to do everything yjs or haha tells her, that sometimes it is fine to speak up. 

 

i think the pds have to find a new role for ysc like they did with sjh. spartace loveline was also created to find a role for sjh. it flizzled out and her screentime has been uneven, but she is starting to find her feet without it on the show. the same will happen with ysc. ysc is witty, now that he is popular because of the loveline, more female guests will start choosing him. kjk and ysc have a lovely equation and he is doing quite well with the others too. the loveline will have to end. it will tie both jsm and ysc up and that will ruin things in the long run. if kookmin have feelings for each other and have to hide them because of the loveline, it will complicate personal lives as well. 


 

Sukjin so far I know adores somin. He has admiration and some fatherly instincts and care about her. Sometime his choice of words of words or joke can rub people off for those who are very new to his persona. Some of us are not long time watcher of RM. some just tune in random time will take such judgements. Koreans audience are quite aware of this personality that it is not something to take it too seriously. Jong kook often tells jokes that may be serious or not. He confused some people in some ways that calls for explanation. 

 

sukjin’s jokes and persona towards somin in some time when it gets overboard, it awakens jong kook. It is nice to have jong kook around for sukjin to maintain is signature persona he is well known for. However, dealing with somin is very sensitive issue because of international haters. That is why I felt he goes overboard sometimes but it is very much needed for variety. With jong kook and jaesuk’s backing, it creates balance that will defend somin. 
 

However, the person who controls the scenes and the show is jaesuk and the pds and the staff to discuss how to present to the viewers both kneitzens and viewers alike. They tend to edit to create drama. But so far I know sukjin has been biggest supporter and respect to somin and her ability. He was brave and trust in somin to be able to perform with her wittiness when he mention the shape of her face. However, sukjin is like most of us getting annoyed with somin trying to fix and help sechan. Somin is not like jihyo, who gets real or snap anyone out of it. Somin is a very kind person who put others first before herself. I think sukjin tends to forget that somin has to take care of sechan. I think sechan, haha, and jaesuk are at fault for pushing too much to sukjin’s annoyance. I think sukjin is advice to have his signature persona to be free flow to help not to edit out some of the scenes that may be too much for us to see. We don’t know how it works, but it has some reasoning for showing. 
 

after reading @AB_fan I agree with the analysis but sometimes it takes to watch previous episode about understanding sukjin’s role, and somin’s character and nature. Somin is becoming more of a fool dealing with chanmin. She probably had hard time to say no or thought she can help sechan. Sometimes she needs to let him find his own way. She cares too much for him. Somin is kind of person who will go lengths to help one person despite her own feelings. She lost trust in herself to make a choice and thought others know better for her. Her experience with break ups gave her heart ache and lower her self esteem. She worries a lot because she is too tender hearted. Sechan in way knows somin well that he also tend to help her to keep her pride that he tends to get along with it with hesitation and encouragement from other members. 
 

Sukjin not only wanted or sort of trying to get somin to be braver to state her feelings, he actually brought or awoken jong kook into equation. 
 

i don’t really care too much about sukjin after @ab_fan and @kookminclan RunningMan analysis opposing my analysis, i come to think of something that comes in between,  but they have better understanding of how it all works. I often do see members bullied and tease sukjin including somin making such silly stories about him. It brings them so much closer. It proved that somin can adjust to different kind of humour. It creates balance. But to come to think of dealing with somin’s haters in the past, there is sensitivity among her fans of how members can put things out of context in a wrong way in terms of cultural difference and how variety works which is very different from real life. Somin has put up with it a lot. However, the members proved to be the most valuable friend and colleague to somin. For jong kook, I think he is stepping out little more about himself than before. He talks of issues more often than before. And his affection for somin has grown so much for respecting her how she handles the situation so well with rapport and love. She didn’t get upset over disappointing things but rather worked hard. 

 

What if Sukjin didnt talk like that,  we wont be able to see kookmin moments or it would be edited out. It goes same for Chan-min. So they have always have much needed comedy and outrageous things to say to create content. If I were to choose, Sukjin's comments are way better than forcing loveline on Chan-min. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just come to stop by. I am watching the latest episode with sub and i feel like writing here after this part:

Haha is teasing Sechan because he looks worried since Somin won’t come bringing a whistle. But then Jongkook murmurs by himself like “forced. Ishh.. He (Haha) forced it (the loveline)” while smiling. What happen with my dugeun dugeun heart? ❤️❤️❤️❤️

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that jongkook had the book with him all through the episode and was genuinely interested in it, was reading it and even using the bookmark lol. He's the sweetest really. I'm sure he made somin happy just seeing him do that. But seriously tho why was he hiding the book during the opening lol. It says a lot that somin just looks on at him with familiar adoration when he starts talking about the book like I've heard this all already. And it's just registering in my head but how dare they call him sexist!! Honestly the haters just be saying anything at this point, and it's just sad.

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...