Recommended Posts

It would be great if they let all the interactions between the members just flow naturally. Those few episodes in 2019 where there was no lovelines and everyone was natural was really refreshing and nice to see, I wish we can get back to that. I feel like Sechan has simply given up trying to fight the loveline since everyone says he likes somin regardless of his denial, and somin seems to be slightly fed up with it drawing a clear line saying she doesn’t want to marry Sechan. Let them breathe <_<

  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly, YSC & JSM look tired of that.  In this EP, all Chanmin moments looks weird and out of place completly. YJS never stop the chanmin loveline, he is trying too hard :wacko:.

 

I think JSJ is trying to help stop the loveline but in the worst possible way :lol:.

 

PD: JSM looks sad today, i'm feel bad for her :(

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope when Bo pil becomes PD he puts an end to the loveline or if they still think the show can't function without it, they at least take away the aggression of the loveline. Can't somin have one scene to herself without them bringing up ysc?? Is it that hard?? You can see she tries to make the loveline funny like in the scene where she stole ysc's spoon and chopsticks lol. The only thing I kept thinking about was that if it was kwangsoo she did that to, just like in the past we would have seen both of them on the floor engaging in mortal combat after she did that. They are obviously using Somin's likeability with the viewers to feed off the loveline but at the same time killing the character which made her loveable in the first place, that's why the loveline gives me nothing but negative vibes. If the writers and PD want a loveline, it's fine after all it's the way of variety shows but they should let her do her thing without limiting her to just being a puppet with a crush on sechan on the show. It's really unfair to her. The members just seem to be following instructions and scripts with the teasing, some doing it a little bit more than the others. The stubborn ones that disregard and sabotage it once in a while lol (cues in kjk and jsj).

 

Kjk saying somin is his favourite writer with a cute smile gave me butterflies:wub:. He said he can't stop reading the book because he doesn't understand it:joy:. I think he just said it to promote it but knowing kookmin, it's most likely true. Jsm looking so happy with him for promoting it for her then tells him it's because he has no literary sense lmao. Jong kook doing all that reading during filming just to corner somin after and tell her to explain it all to him lol.

  • Like 7
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished watching the episode and yeah JSJ did not help at all with the whole; “I hate that Somin plays with Sechan’s feelings” and the whole “I used to think Somin was too good for Sechan but-“ good thing he got cut by YJS before he finished that terrible sentence. If this was his way to cooling off the loveline is the wrong way, that type of stuff just opens up Somin for hate that is completely avoidable. 
 

Can they just #FreemygirlSomin 

And the whole shtick where Somin can’t do anything without somebody bringing up Sechan is getting old real fast.

If they just let Somin get the reins of the loveline it would’ve been less awkward. KJK looked bored the whole episode hahaha he always had his book with him :wub:
 

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jialinggoleong said:


It is trying to bring hype. Everyone went along with it. Does sbs own soompi? Hehe 

Hmm All i know is soompi is just translating the article in Naver about Running Man.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HappyVirusRM now it make sense why she chose to take some of jsj’s time :lol:. Honestly jsj tends to do things like this sometimes I won’t hold it against him. As long as all the members don’t seem to take offense to it I’m gonna just chill and ignore the petty haters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HappyVirusRM said:

I just finished watching the episode and yeah JSJ did not help at all with the whole; “I hate that Somin plays with Sechan’s feelings” and the whole “I used to think Somin was too good for Sechan but-“ good thing he got cut by YJS before he finished that terrible sentence. If this was his way to cooling off the loveline is the wrong way, that type of stuff just opens up Somin for hate that is completely avoidable. 

Lool whether the statement was an act or jsj just being jsj, I find it funny that everyone (haters included) are accusing somin of playing with ysc's feelings. Not only in a scripted loveline but when it's every member but somin that is trying to convince ysc that jsm likes him. The first person to bring it up and start this loveline was yjs. So why is somin, who just decides to play along and makes sure everything ends up funny to be depicted as a joke, accused of playing with ysc. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rida Live it was the main reason we didn’t want the love line to start anyways. Somin ends up taking the fall for something that isn’t her fault <_<. If she didn’t play along it would become awkward and her character in the show is being playful and going along with whatever, and if she does play along she has to take all the backlash, pretty much a lose lose situation for her. I hope she stays strong and cheerful and can escape the loveline with as little fall out as possible.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that after YJS cut JSJ off from speaking we don’t get Somin’s and Sechan’s reaction, which is interesting to me. When JSJ is giving the “Don’t play with his feelings” speech we get an odd angle of Somin’s and Sechan’s backs and you can see Haha, KS and Ha-Na watching Somin, then Somin brings her hand next to her mouth? then YJS cuts him off lol. It was just an odd scene lol I was so confused on what set JSJ off. 
 

Then in another scene, Somin tells JSJ something about a cap and he tells her to mind her business or something like that and I’m like WAAAAAH Somin didn’t start the loveline stuff this time, Seok Jin! Let my girl breath. 
 

She did the chopstick stuff but it was humorous and nobody payed attention to that. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loveline stuff didn’t bother me today because it was just a convo, Jongkook pointing out when Haha is forcing things and Sechan doing what he’s always done E.g. taking care of Somin. Only thing that slightly annoyed me was JSJ. This is like the second time he’s gone on a mini rant like this. And both times someone has cut in to stop him. First time was Sechan and this time it was the rest of the cast but mainly YJS. I just wish he would’ve stopped after the first comment but oh well. 

 

Anyways there weren’t many huge Kookmin moments but the little ones we did get were cute. Mainly because no matter how you look at their dynamic you can really see just how much Jongkook adores Somin. He’s promoted her book multiple times already and him flipping through it while they were still filming made me really happy for some reason. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like jong kook and the book saves the day for kookmin and somin. It creates a nice balance after all the craziness. Chanmin is not becoming cute so far from reading the comments. I mean sukjin made it worse but It could put end to it despite the double ammunition made for haters. I don’t agree with his methods at all. It just rubbed in a wrong way like he wasn’t entirely aware of the haters who are mostly international fanbase. Korean netizens, I don’t believe have hate on somin. They are either fan of hers or RM or not at all. I am not giving him excuses but I think it is part of his signature persona. Always angry but didn’t admit it, giving weird comments like describing somin’s face that is bigger than jihyo, and etc. The thing is that, jong kook is there to save the day for somin. No matter how jaesuk tried to protect somin. Sometimes it is beyond him. He would try to control it. But jong kook is actually very special. When sukjin commented somin’s face comparing to jihyo, jong kook commented that he’s dead at he end. I mean he took the magnitude of it to end this joke and insult entirely. And at the end, it feels like jong kook was there right time and place. It was sukjin’s signature persona that always put everyone and himself in spot. Just remember once a while that sukjin adore somin off camera with his interview with one of apink member’s radio show. Then this time sukjin has another amount of ammunitions but Jong kook is there bringing up the book. And after all the chaos sukjin made, he kept on reading as If it is product placement. I do think jong kook pretend not to understand the book. He just made excuse to chat and share with somin. If he likes it so much, he must have understood what it is all about. He called her his favourite writer. That book could hold the key for kookmin to have dinner together and become emotionally invested together. The book is very emotional and sad. Somin will have a lot to share, and so do jong kook. Ahh. Jong kook probably read the script before head and brought the book to balance chanmin loveline. He is deeply invested in it because he could become even closer to somin with chanmin as a cover without awkwardness, and freely spend time with her. When there is something opposite for variety for the two on screen, the closer the two would be so they continue their bond and chemistry to grow over time. 
 

Maybe the staff decided to put sukjin’s scenes, chanmin’s family stories and approval to make excuse to add jong kook promoting and reading the book. The staff is more aware of knetizens than international fanbase. I think somin’s fans who is not fan of kookmin or doesn’t even care will gradually accept and appreciate jong kook more. He literally saved the day for somin. Knetizens have more respect for jong kook’s persona, and understood sukjin’s persona but they don’t take him seriously. Look at how they tease him about his marital woes or etc. It is actually mean joke. Did you see how jong kook gave him hard time when sukjin made joke on somin. Imagine sukjin giving ammunition, and jong kook shielding somin with book as a bulletproof vest. Everyone is alive and well. Haha. Sukjin May have to treat somin expensive dinner hehe. 
 

I think 2018 forecast for compatible partners list, jong kook and somin really works well for each other. It really comes in two ways. Somin has opened up jong kook’s soft side, while jong kook unleashes his protectiveness over somin which made him more attractive. Somin is a darling, affectionate, and easily taken advantage of but she knows what she is doing and persist. She protected sechan without hurting his pride. She balances it. And I don’t know how it will be without jong kook being there for her. It seems sukjin’s ammunition, jaesuk’s putting up with chanmin loveline, and others chiming in has put a lot of stress on somin and her feelings emotionally. And jong kook was there for her emotionally to balance the situation so they can continue to work well together.  
 

2018 compatibility list 

jaesuk and kwangsoo - checked 

jong kook and somin- checked 

 

pending 

jihyo and sechan 

sukjin and haha 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, it came to my mind about when somin and sechan talked about their families about the approval. I think it was during seollal holiday, jan 25. If you know korean celebrities and their schedule, they hardly have time with their extended family. Isn’t broadcasting 2020 forecast comes after seollal week? If their families watch 2020 forecast, it may ask different questions especially the part about having ties with older man. Somin specifically asked which age group her spouse is. The taffy compatibility similar to jaesuk and kwangsoo compatibility. Korean and Chinese know the difference between destiny and compatibility. 
 

i don’t think chanmin loveline will not die down until sechan finds his role independently. Somin is balancing it without hurting sechan’s pride. And jong kook is there to save the day for somin’s emotions and sechan’s nervousness. Sechan’s screentime has improved so much with chanmin and kookmin triangle. It is same for Monday couple. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jialinggoleong said:

By the way, it came to my mind about when somin and sechan talked about their families about the approval. I think it was during seollal holiday, jan 25. If you know korean celebrities and their schedule, they hardly have time with their extended family. Isn’t broadcasting 2020 forecast comes after seollal week? If their families watch 2020 forecast, it may ask different questions especially the part about having ties with older man. Somin specifically asked which age group her spouse is. The taffy compatibility similar to jaesuk and kwangsoo compatibility. Korean and Chinese know the difference between destiny and compatibility 
 

i don’t think chanmin loveline will not die down until sechan finds his role independently. Somin is balancing it without hurting sechan’s pride. And jong kook is there to save the day for somin’s emotions and sechan’s nervousness. Sechan’s screentime has improved so much with chanmin and kookmin triangle. It is same for Monday couple. 

Actually, even though it was filmed on dec 17, the fortune telling episode premiere on Jan 26.
Still, Somin didn’t specify what her mother wanted to talk about with Sechan so honestly it could’ve been anything, I bet money that Somin had to explain the whole loveline situation to her mother.
 

Also, let’s analyze what Somin said, shall we? She said; my mother wants me to start thinking about marriage (camera pans to KJK lol)... that’s it, she didn’t said anything about Sechan till she was asked if her family said anything about him specifically.

Then when the members talked about the Chanmin wedding she denied wanting to marry Sechan. Soooo I wanna say her mother wasn’t talking about Sechan when she talked about marriage, I guess she was just telling Somin to start thinking about it in general. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jialinggoleong said:

Chanmin is not becoming cute so far from reading the comments. I mean sukjin made it worse but It could put end to it despite the double ammunition made for haters. I don’t agree with his methods at all. It just rubbed in a wrong way like he wasn’t entirely aware of the haters who are mostly international fanbase. Korean netizens, I don’t believe have hate on somin. They are either fan of hers or RM or not at all. I am not giving him excuses but I think it is part of his signature persona. Always angry but didn’t admit it, giving weird comments like describing somin’s face that is bigger than jihyo, and etc. The thing is that, jong kook is there to save the day for somin. No matter how jaesuk tried to protect somin. Sometimes it is beyond him. He would try to control it. But jong kook is actually very special. When sukjin commented somin’s face comparing to jihyo, jong kook commented that he’s dead at he end. I mean he took the magnitude of it to end this joke and insult entirely. And at the end, it feels like jong kook was there right time and place. It was sukjin’s signature persona that always put everyone and himself in spot. Just remember once a while that sukjin adore somin off camera with his interview with one of apink member’s radio show.

Hi,

 

Sorry, but I would see it differently and give Suk Jin more credit on this:). For the 3 'oldies' (JSJ/YJS/KJK), perhaps due to their age, but sometimes during the show, they may say some quotes which seems like for entertainment purposes, but have a lot of meanings/advice when you read it from a different angle. I think perhaps they are trying to impart knowledge to the younger ones.

 

In this episode, I would say that other than playing up to his grumpy persona/forbidden couple, his words can also serve as advice to JSM (not to accept & follow-up on every single joke thrown at her) + others (not to over-push the loveline). Maybe JSM fans have a better idea of her, but I noticed that perhaps JSM is very grateful to RM so every joke the cast brings up, she will accept & play on that regardless of whether she is really happy about it or not (cue Haha's pomenarian joke). In short, I feel that JSJ is also trying to advise JSM to learn to say No if she is not comfortable about the joke. Yes, RM saved her as she admits, but there is no need to 'sacrifice' herself if she is not willing to do something.

 

This shows that JSJ is really worried for JSM that the fans who believed the loveline if the loveline falls through (Monday Couple is the living example). Coming from the guy who endured the 'Where's Jihyo' fiasco from rabid fans, I think he is just trying to advise RM to stop pushing the JSM-YSC loveline too much as he is worried about the fan's backlash. 

 

The problem actually lies with the fans community - they will interpret every word their way. While we cannot say they are wrong since everyone is open to interpreting however they like, audience should still keep in mind that this is a show and they are 'enacting' it to entertain people.

 

In the wise words of YJS to SJH: "Whatever you do in front of the camera is forgiven. But if you do the same when the camera is off, that is not like a professional."

 

Thanks & sorry for the long post. Just rather irritated by anti-fans 'firing their ammo' at KJK in the recent couple of episodes.

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AB_fan said:

Thanks & sorry for the long post. Just rather irritated by anti-fans 'firing their ammo' at KJK in the recent couple of episodes.

No need to apologise, I love your insight. What are the antis attacking kjk for this time around? I didn't know he was being harassed again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AB_fan hmmm thanks for this, I could definitely seem him trying to help her in his own way. I guess some of us Somin fans are starting to really crack over Somin carrying the burden of the loveline so some of us are extra sensitive. The way he worded things really triggered me I admit, I’m just really tired of Somin getting attacked and this loveline adding to it ain’t really fun, I’m even avoiding ready the Naver comments at this point. And yes, I did noticed KJK got attacked which is unfortunate and annoying considering he does know English so he can really be hurt by those type of comments on his Instagram and tagged stuff. If I moderated the SBS Instagram I would honestly closed the comments but oh well.

 

 I did open Naver just to see the views on the Chanmin videos and they’re honestly not that good so it seems interest is going down, in fact, the dancing videos are already at 100k, this just proves RM doesn’t need the loveline, they need special moments like that. 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rida Live said:

No need to apologise, I love your insight. What are the antis attacking kjk for this time around? I didn't know he was being harassed again.

KJK's remark on Jihyo about Gary. 'KJK rude', 'KJK is too much', 'Why KJK brings out Gary'... Yadda yadda...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AB_fan said:

Hi,

 

Sorry, but I would see it differently and give Suk Jin more credit on this:). For the 3 'oldies' (JSJ/YJS/KJK), perhaps due to their age, but sometimes during the show, they may say some quotes which seems like for entertainment purposes, but have a lot of meanings/advice when you read it from a different angle. I think perhaps they are trying to impart knowledge to the younger ones.

 

In this episode, I would say that other than playing up to his grumpy persona/forbidden couple, his words can also serve as advice to JSM (not to accept & follow-up on every single joke thrown at her) + others (not to over-push the loveline). Maybe JSM fans have a better idea of her, but I noticed that perhaps JSM is very grateful to RM so every joke the cast brings up, she will accept & play on that regardless of whether she is really happy about it or not (cue Haha's pomenarian joke). In short, I feel that JSJ is also trying to advise JSM to learn to say No if she is not comfortable about the joke. Yes, RM saved her as she admits, but there is no need to 'sacrifice' herself if she is not willing to do something.

 

This shows that JSJ is really worried for JSM that the fans who believed the loveline if the loveline falls through (Monday Couple is the living example). Coming from the guy who endured the 'Where's Jihyo' fiasco from rabid fans, I think he is just trying to advise RM to stop pushing the JSM-YSC loveline too much as he is worried about the fan's backlash. 

 

The problem actually lies with the fans community - they will interpret every word their way. While we cannot say they are wrong since everyone is open to interpreting however they like, audience should still keep in mind that this is a show and they are 'enacting' it to entertain people.

 

In the wise words of YJS to SJH: "Whatever you do in front of the camera is forgiven. But if you do the same when the camera is off, that is not like a professional."

 

Thanks & sorry for the long post. Just rather irritated by anti-fans 'firing their ammo' at KJK in the recent couple of episodes.

 

 


i haven’t gotten time to watch the episode. So I reflected mostly on previous comments and clips from IG. 
 

Your comment and analysis is better answer to my observation. Like I said before that sukjin has signature persona that could have brought out jong kook’s protectiveness over somin in a real sense and feelings. I think sukjin can feel the aura of jong kook’s closeness to somin. That is why he picked in a very interesting time to provoke him. It was all thanks to sukjin. Sometimes his jokes serve ammunition to somin for haters if they ignore jong kook’s comment. 
 

I have said he probably have tried to end chanmin loveline in a sense but I think his choice of words can put out of context for haters. That is why we just have to remember how he adores somin in radio interview. 
 

it is very sukjin to make these kind of comments. Jaesuk was pushing chanmin loveline. A lot of people take jaesuk more seriously than sukjin in terms of their persona. That is why It feels chaotic in previous comments. 
 

The thing is that, I don’t think sukjin is aware of international haters waiting for him to say something out of context that would give them idea of attacking somin internally. The more they fire at jong kook, the more he stepped it up. He understood English and even can read between the line. He knows what he is doing. Sukjin is talking for knetizens mostly. The thing is that, having jong kook promoting the book and reading it, it balances it. 
 

Many of us sometimes forget somin and sechan’s close and taffy like bond and respect for each other. I think  there are reason somin tried not to be too blunt with sechan to say no. Jaesuk and haha were pushing it. Sukjin and jong kook create a balance. I think the whole situation, sukjin made it worse for somin with choice of words for international fanbase. Jong kook just made it worse for himself for getting all shot at. But for knowing jong kook understanding why he is shot at wasn’t because of him. It was because he cares about somin. Somin is willing to be shot at, but it takes someone of greater courage and respect for her to protect and fight with her. 
 

to me, I think if it weren’t for sukjin, jaesuk, and haha making wild goose chase commentary on chanmin, I don’t think rm and staff would put jong kook’s book promotion into the show. I mean, it is not love story of kookmin. It is little too obvious if there is no balance. I think they were advised in certain roles to create balance through their signature personas into different perspectives. Why would jong kook be the one to bring the book to the show, and asked somin directly about it? Why read it throughout the show. It is up to staff to keep or edit it out. Would it be better for sechan to do it to hype up chanmin loveline, or jaesuk to give neutrality? 
 

I kind of think sukjin’s comments are part of his signature persona. He has some kind of humour kneitzens understood, but not international fanbase. His choice of words is too much versus jaesuk’s wise advice to jihyo for Monday couple. There is a big difference between Monday couple and Chanmin because of how somin has close relationship with sechan. And he has very low screentime. He needs to act fast. His independent screentime improved so much in mid to late 2019. Chanmin loveline is also additional to improve the screen time and protext his place. Somin seems to be troubled in some ways but she is also protecting sechan’s pride as a man and future or prospective husband for special woman someday. Most female guests underestimate him in first impression. That is why somin was put into a spot trying to protect sechan versus her own emotions. Luckily jong kook is there with her book promoting for her or butting in naturally. It helps her balance her emotions. What if Jaesuk or sechan promote her book instead, and jong kook just an observer? I felt sukjin’s choice of words is too sensitive for international fanbase. Jong kook is a brave man with maturity understanding with protective instinct to protect someone he cares about. It goes back to his high school days that he tends to protect the weak from bullies. It is the way he is. Jong kook said in his latest concert using joker’s story and analogy about being real jong kook. His way of protecting somin is not about love story, but protecting something he felt strongly about. In that way, that brings more respect to him instead of letting it be. He just made harsh response to sukjin after he commented somin’s face. This is more of real jong kook than his interest in somin. Somin is someone that is worth to get shot for. That is what I think the whole thing has brought together to bring balance and different perspectives. 
 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

KJK's remark on Jihyo about Gary. 'KJK rude', 'KJK is too much', 'Why KJK brings out Gary'... Yadda yadda...

 

yup, they said he's being rude and what he said was really uncalled for. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with most of you.

Tbh, I sort of stop myself from shouting while JSJ gave his remark. We understand that he was joking and adore Somin. And I also understand his mean to stop with the love line but his delivery unfortunate could also be misconstrued. I just hope it won't give haters some justification of their hates.

 

Judging by Somin character, she obviously value Sechan as a friend and her style is that she never ever make anyone else feel lacking or undesirable just for her own pride especially during love line. Instead she always try to lower herself and make the other seems more desirable so they also can keep their own pride. So I understand how she never harsh while refusing Sechan or love line.

 

I just want Somin to be able to free from this love line since it only bring the negative to Somin. She is able to stand on her own without love line or riding anyone.

 

In another world, it also feel better if they stop with the love line because when they push too much, I feel like KJK actually seems a bit upset. We can see that when he tck tck and said 'forced' when they push the love line.

 

In my own world, somehow this episode making me more sure and give me a medicine for my stomach during last MUD lol

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now