[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

1 hour ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

i have a question for jsm fans. why doesn't jsm's agency do anything for her? they don't promote her book or her dramas, they don't get her new projects or even cfs. i know it is a small agency, but is this the same agency that got her princess aurora? didn't she change agencies because of her ex BF? even if it is a small agency, why don't they show any interest in promoting her?

there was a time when she used to stay in the top cf list for months because of that one cf she did, how is it such a popular person does not get enough work or even cfs? i am genuinely curious. i don't think it is by choice if jsm says she is worried about her career. is she waiting for the contract period to get over?

small agencies usually make their artists work hard because they want to earn more. what is the deal with her agency?

Tell us (So Min fans) about it. We all feel the same. In fact, I am a relatively new fan but all the senior fans, especially the ones from the bigger fan bases (China, Taiwan, and Malaysia) all tell me the same thing -- they have been wishing for So Min to change agency as soon as possible. Some of these senior fans even asked me to list down the good things So Min's agency has done for her, which quite frankly, I can't name any!

In fact, one of them, whom I shall not name, even shared this joke with me, that "Even her ex-boyfriend has abandoned this sinking ship, hopefully So Min will do the same as soon as possible!"

For the longest time, as a self-proclaimed positivist, I have been trying to convince (i.e. lie to)  myself, that perhaps the agency has been doing some good things that we fans cannot see. But this self-denial is reaching the limits even for me -- you are so observant and absolutely right. And you can be assured that if this non-effort from her agency continues, we would be literally begging for So Min and her current agency to part ways soon.

Edited by newbie_learner
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1

it is full version of happy together. You can skip to her parts. 

this one talks about how is somin’s relationship with her agency. I think she is somewhat loyal to them. It is small one client agency somin went through a lot together. Anyway, it could give you background or insights of their relationship that contributed her loyalty or etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wild Assumption:

Spoiler

Imagine if the reason, kjk snapped off at lks for failing in the volleyball episode was because he pushed somin or mistakenly touched her lower back while falling. Because jsm made a mistake a second before that and he was even calming her down:joy: and he wanted to bite kwangsoo's head off for making a mistake too. Such bias lmao.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

JSM is the only Member Of RM whose like KJK being cute and chessy, she always have that fluttering reaction like this :wub: toward KJK. 

But there is one Christmas episode, KJK brought a doll and told a story about that doll and JSM is the only member arent feeling touch with KJK story LOL the reason why JSM doing that to KJK is actually  KJK just spoiled the opening scene saying that 'it a day before Christmas' so i think JSM want KJK to feel what its is like when someone spoiled your moment eventhough KJK holds a grudge to JSM after that, but it ended with KJK give JSM a tofu wholeheartly:wub:

KJK questioned LKS why is he always middling with JSM family? questioning why LKS always spend time with JSM and WookMin? Haha and YJS the expert/the Master in Loveline quickly reacted to that question LOL

Meanwhile in present WE now questioning KJK why is he always middling with ChanMin Loveline and Haha the expert in Loveline never try to tease KJK-JSM lol but i thanked Haha a lot because he is the member whose name KJK and JSM as 

JK & SOPEE :heart: 

Happy Valentine Day^_^

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

I was wrong about this-- totally missing the news that Somin joined Entertainment IM after her debut with Princess Aurora and Happy Together's first interview. I will erase my details. I dont want to get anyone confused. I just missed the big piece of news to through my logic off! 

It is not the agency I was talking about Happy Together, I do agree that she needs to move to another agency if they are not properly promoting her. So you guys are right and I just missed the piece of news. My apologies!!! 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, JialingGO said:

Most of you were concern about Somin and her agency. 

I saw Happy Today when Somin first guested there. She told very sad story of how she struggled finding jobs and getting a break from her acting job. She was picked from the cafe, and worked with small agency that use her as first client. He gave her a chance no matter how it was. Somin went through one of painful experience with mean director. He even hit her head consistently, and ask her to stay to cook for him till late. It is hard to become an actress especially without agent. Somin went through blood and tears with her agent. He had a confidence and trust in her that there were times she felt that she failed him. She was his source of courage, hope, and faith that they will one day become successful. I think Somin didn't have a lot of confidence in her self, nor have a lot of freedom to express her artistic and literary expression. She could have become a teacher or etc. Princess Aurora was her biggest break that brought her to recognition she and her agent needed so much. It wasn't just a big break, it was an escape from hardship they had to toil together every step of the way. She and her agent had tears about it. It was hard and difficult for both of them. It was long painful journey they had together. After Princess Aurora, she got Tomorrow Victory and some variety shows. But Running Man was her next big break because she is working with number one MC, famous singer, comedians, actors, and etc. The exposure is tremendous for her to share her wits and hard work. She had a lot of creative freedom to advertise herself and her agency as well. She is working very hard. That could explain that she shed her image so quickly and get outside of the box so quickly to push herself.  

That is why I was one of the few thought that Somin has very sentimental attachment to her agency and her boss. He has been through with her so much. I can say that he treats her very well. After Running Man, he probably told her to  move to another agency, but I think Somin stayed for many reasons that she is attached to them emotionally, but allow her to have more creative freedom. I think her agency remains to be small since they started to get more clients this time. Not all get big roles get but Somin will be the start. I think she is doing the best she can. For her book, I think she didn't want her agency to be responsible if it didn't go well. It came very her own direction rather her agency. They could support her but I dont think it is part of the contract that they have to promote for her. I think the only thing they promote is getting her gigs or offers. Notice Somin did drop many big offers for a reason. She could possibly want to spend more time helping RM, finding the one, creative freedom, interview, or etc. She prefers doing the things she can act. However, once things are settled, I think she can go to next step if she wants to. I dont know about how things work between them. 

Yes, her agency should have known Somin's potential and her ability like he underestimated her. I don't think Somin couldn't part her ways from her agency for that sentimental and emotional reason. I think she prefers to have more creative freedom. I think Somin self published the books so if it fails, she takes responsibility. If she earns it, it belongs to her. Her agency would not have much activity from it. It pays extra to do all these services. Her book is not expected to be big thing. It is probably to support Somin's personal needs. And I think Somin's agency is not fluent in English. So I think her agency didn't realise her effect on international fanbase. RM controversy got in the way that gave her so much hate for a wrong reason. She came in bad time, but she works hard. She did get a lot favour from Korean netizens. However, it takes a while for her to get through all of these things. It is hard to be idol or star through variety. Even comedians dont get a lot of attention like idols and actors. So it is just beginning for her, but for her agency, they are learning the ropes of dealing with international fanbase. It seems like more fans do not like Somin because of large fanbase of particular member. 

You know, Jihyo also had a tough time with her agency. She had several fainting spells in the past. Her agent overwhelmed with too many CFs and jobs for her to participate outside of RM. There was a dispute between her agent and RM on dealing with their schedule. She gets a lot of CFs, and had to do all of it wrecking her sleeping habits and freedom she would love to have. She is also overworked, and has less creative freedom. She only paid attention to her acting gigs, beauty variety shows, and CFs. It helps to generate more money. Jihyo works really hard handling all of these things. There are pros and cons to work with big agencies versus small ones. 

I am not saying Somin's agency was right, but I do know they underestimate her. Somin will continue to work hard, get support from her members especially Jong kook and Jaesuk. Two of them have been promoting and mentioning her several times in other shows. They always show how they adore and respect her. She always give funniest phone calls. HaHa came along to help to promote her antics like magnet girl like she could be a comedian. HaHa is actually singer, but he is well known for being comedian. I think Somin wanted to help her agency to grow with her help. She will continue to work hard. It is only beginning. 

I am just saying that we should hear her agency's other side of the story. We can always try to help to promote her if we think she deserves it. =) It is just beginning, and I think Somin's happy in a place she is now surrounding by many great people helping and loving her! I dont think Somin is for all hype. She has authenticity to show herself to gain fans. The downside is that they have to support the business and livelihood. A lot of sacrifices have to be made. Pls continue to promote her and spread the word about her! =) We have to start to think of Somin's well being that working for small agency or people she has work with have believed in her would suit her better. It is just beginning if we continue to support her to get her agent recognise it! 

Wasn't that her previous agency? correct me if i am wrong, but didn't jsm change her agency to yoon hyun min's agency after they started dating? i had heard that at the time of dating rumours, her agency didn't want to confirm while his did. After some time, both agencies confirmed. so is it the same agency that gave her her first break that she is now part of or is her ex BF's agency?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

Wasn't that her previous agency? correct me if i am wrong, but didn't jsm change her agency to yoon hyun min's agency after they started dating? i had heard that at the time of dating rumours, her agency didn't want to confirm while his did. After some time, both agencies confirmed. so is it the same agency that gave her her first break that she is now part of or is her ex BF's agency?

Yes, according to the fans from Taiwan I interacted with, they are not the same agency (i.e. the current agency is no longer the one which So Min started with during princess aurora), so the "loyalty" argument doesn't make for a very compelling case.

I mean, I wanted to hear the good things from the agency as well. Believe me, I really tried, but I have lost faith with time. The agency released news confirmation about So Min's role in "big data romance" came very late (IG posted it on Xmas day itself, the day the show was aired), and the agency made zero articles on her new book - So Min had to promote her own book on IG and even Running Man's mention was arguably a better promotion effort. And now, the IG account is focused on promoting another artiste's film with nothing on So Min's book still.

Quite frankly, if you do a poll now, I would be surprised if you don't see an overwhelming majority of fans hoping she would change agency as soon as possible. 

This is really how bad the situation is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

I didn't get the news about her changing agency again. I missed that news after her breakup. However, it is very confusing. The one I talked about talks as if it was her first one. Her agency seems to be smaller in size comparing to Jihyo and Kwangsoo's. The one happy together-- it seems to be her first agency. It has been a long time ago when I watch it. 

I found the article: 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jeon-so-min-joins-entertainment-iam-012418068.html

2013- she rose to fame with Princess Aurora (she was still with one client agency). 

2015- she signed in with Entertainment IAM. 

it means her ex is the one who left the agency. Somin remained to be part of the agency. Her ex moved to JS Picture (part of CJM entertainment). 

I really missed that part. Aieya. I missed that one. I thought she was still with old agency. In Happy Together, she had a good rapport and friendship with her boss about their journey to her fame with Princess Aurora.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JialingGO said:

I didn't get the news about her changing agency again. I missed that news after her breakup. However, it is very confusing. The one I talked about talks as if it was her first one. Her agency seems to be smaller in size comparing to Jihyo and Kwangsoo's. The one happy together-- it seems to be her first agency. It has been a long time ago that I watch it. 

I found the article: 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jeon-so-min-joins-entertainment-iam-012418068.html

2015- she signed in with Entertainment IAM. 

it means her ex is the one who left the agency. Somin remained to be part of the agency. Her ex moved to JS Picture (part of CJM entertainment). 

Entertainment IAM was not the same one which So Min got her role for Princess Aurora. The original one was known as secret enter or something. If you are able to understand Traditional Chinese writing, you can refer to the Taiwan wiki page for a history of her agency change.

https://zh.m.wikipedia.org/zh-sg/全昭旻

If I happen to be incorrect on this, I am happy to stand corrected. Hope this clarifies.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

26 minutes ago, newbie_learner said:

Yes, according to the fans from Taiwan I interacted with, they are not the same agency (i.e. the current agency is no longer the one which So Min started with during princess aurora), so the "loyalty" argument doesn't make for a very compelling case.

I mean, I wanted to hear the good things from the agency as well. Believe me, I really tried, but I have lost faith with time. The agency released news confirmation about So Min's role in "big data romance" came very late (IG posted it on Xmas day itself, the day the show was aired), and the agency made zero articles on her new book - So Min had to promote her own book on IG and even Running Man's mention was arguably a better promotion effort. And now, the IG account is focused on promoting another artiste's film with nothing on So Min's book still.

Quite frankly, if you do a poll now, I would be surprised if you don't see an overwhelming majority of fans hoping she would change agency as soon as possible. 

This is really how bad the situation is.

thank you for the clarification. my best guess is she is in a period where her contract with her agency is ending and she has no plans to renew, that is why her agency is not promoting her. 

that might explain why she is not taking in any new projects though they must be coming her way. Publishing a book is something she can do on her own without depending a lot on her agency.

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

thank you for the clarification. my best guess is she is in a period where her contract with her agency is ending and she has no plans to renew, that is why her agency is not promoting her. 

that might explain why she is not taking in any new projects though they must be coming her way. Publishing a book is something she can do on her own without depending a lot on her agency.

I hope that's the case and she doesn't renew and find a better agency. Because their management when it comes to her is zero. Well it's only the beginning of the year, let's watch and see what she has up her sleeves. Hopefully more exposure, tired of waiting on only sundays to see her.

Looking forward to kjk too. Hopefully he gets married this year (sighs). He's looking mighty relaxed this year for someone whose first wish was to meet someone and get married last year. Does he have someone already<_<? And somin too looks mighty relaxed about her lovelife and is okay in leisurely waiting for yjs to set her up (don't bring up the MUD episode, I have never watched a more intentional phone call lol). And yjs has been observing someone for the past 6 months for her now and keeps telling her and us to wait a little but more:joy: like we are tired of waiting lmao. Who are they all kidding lol.

Kjk and jsm especially, the show wants us to believe they are merely friends, the most they have is an oppa to doensaeng relationship and that's all. Somin and the cast only speak of her frequently contacting ysc (as they are in a loveline of course)and Kwangsoo. But the way they behave makes me believe they spend a lot of time together (out of the show of course). It hit me in ep 479, where jsm sacrificed and chose an egg instead of food like the others, she was casually eating out of KJK's portion. If we're to go by what the show gives off from both of them, they really aren't that close for that. It's the type of thing you'd see her only do with probably the maknaes. Let's talk about how she easily feels his outfits up and sizes him, she does it so casually like she has done it so many times before. Or how easily she turns to make a side comment and he's already cocking his head to listen before she even makes the full turn. Or the way they try to cover up the fact that they know about eachother. Like in the Anyang episode, jsm asking if kjk had a fanmeeting in Anyang like she didn't know, like the posters for the fanmeetings there literally had both of them on it. Why the pretence? It's not even suspicious if she knows, she literally had one there too. There is a lot unaired, edited out and unsaid. If I'm wrong I'll gladly and sadly take my L but those 2 have something going on. I can't place my finger on it but something is up.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1