[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

The strangest thing about the episode was that they didn't mention somin singing at the KJK concert.

KJK said nothing about JSM
JSM also said nothing.
and no member of Running man said anything.

They only talked about YSC singing at the concert with KJK

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 7

32 minutes ago, kukumarq1 said:

There are several blogs on Naver that have discussed Jong Kook and Somin's relationship. Some do think that they are already dating, and most just think that they look good together. 

Not surprised. Haha. 

What are their analysis that brings to the point of their relationship? Wish I could understand Hangul to enjoy that posting! Haha 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, MandelBrot said:

The strangest thing about the episode was that they didn't mention somin singing at the KJK concert.

KJK said nothing about JSM
JSM also said nothing.
and no member of Running man said anything.

They only talked about YSC singing at the concert with KJK

they already said it before the concert. But there are so many things going on in that concert with somin!!! It is strange that they avoided talking about it. Jong kook already added the quote after singing with somin that he treats female colleagues that could have come as flirting or etc. Most of the time he consider them as friends and he is being a nice gentleman. Why won’t he say the same. They can plan to say it for the show?! Hehe 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, jialinggoleong said:

they already said it before the concert. But there are so many things going on in that concert with somin!!! It is strange that they avoided talking about it. Jong kook already added the quote after singing with somin that he treats female colleagues that could have come as flirting or etc. Most of the time he consider them as friends and he is being a nice gentleman. Why won’t he say the same. They can plan to say it for the show?! Hehe 

This quote isn't related to Somin whatsoever. At the time, the more toxic fans kept commenting just awful stuff on Jong Kook and his fan's IG accs whenever he/they posted about Somin.

It just became repetitive and annoying to keep seeing comments about how he must date Jihyo to make them happy. And it was probably annoying to see such hurtful comments from his so-called-fans about someone (Somin) who he considers a good friend. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kukumarq1 said:

There are several blogs on Naver that have discussed Jong Kook and Somin's relationship. Some do think that they are already dating, and most just think that they look good together. 

Would love to see what they think about it, i don't know if you can translate some parts or not.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kukumarq1 said:

This quote isn't related to Somin whatsoever. At the time, the more toxic fans kept commenting just awful stuff on Jong Kook and his fan's IG accs whenever he/they posted about Somin.

It just became repetitive and annoying to keep seeing comments about how he must date Jihyo to make them happy. And it was probably annoying to see such hurtful comments from his so-called-fans about someone (Somin) who he considers a good friend. 

Ugh they need to be stopped. Like seriously need to be. Don't know why they think he or any of the members are like puppets on the show and must do their bidding in order to please them. I saw one comment that made me see red, the person spilled a lot of rubbish on his character then told him at the end "we don't want to hate you". Like to hell with them.

• Like 7

There will be fans who like lovelines, be it of kjk or jsm where they are more open and free. i feel some jsm fans like chanmin because they get to see more of her reckless character that was part of her charm in her first year, when she was far more unpredictable. she has toned down a lot of her recklessness since then.  Her character in this loveline is more of a bolder flirt and  i can understand the appeal. those who are sold on it might mistake it for her real character off the show but i just don't think that is her or all there is to her. she did say on happy together that when she likes someone, she can't keep her distance from him. however, she also said she will rarely confess first if she likes someone. in one of the early episodes with chanmin as the loveline, jsm is asked if she likes ysc and she says quite seriously, "do you think I will do/say these things if i really like him?" 

jsm is usually even-tempered and non-confrontational. no matter how tiresome some of the demands on her may be as part of the show, she always complies with them. it is only in the anecdotes about her drinking that you hear she fights with her friends where perhaps all her hidden frustration comes out. her poems may be also a way for her to let out things which she cannot tell someone to their face.

so with a person she is interested in, i feel she could be a mixture of boldness and shyness and that sometimes it could end up confusing the guy as well. she may be playful with a lot of guys, but whether her playfulness extends to having deeper feelings is something that takes a while for someone to find out. she is good at hiding them or even in moments where they slip out, she cracks a joke and it is hidden again. 

if we go by jsm's statement on happy together, i think there are moments early on where she is around kjk even when she need not be or initiate interactions which show her attraction. one of the earliest moments is when she feels up his arm as part of her skit or back-hugs him while imitating the female guest. similarly, in the train zombie episode, when she runs to kjk for protection against lks, kjk asks "why do you keep coming to me?", perhaps an indication that it has happened even before. jsm says "it is because you are the strongest" and then turns around to play with lks in the snow. there are so many times she sneaks glances at him in that episode and he too sneaks glances back at her. kjk is very warm to her in the train zombie episode. haha even  comments that she is controlling him or has become her trainer. however, when they move to the next location where they have the food board game, she moves away from her team which has kjk and stands with lks and ysc. she sits with jae suk's team when she eats. it is only during the last game that she comes back and perches on the floor next to where kjk is standing and he turns around to look at her. 

she also does that in an earlier episode where she tries to get kjk to box against lks. it is kjk who initiates the conversation by saying he will help her win and teases her that even if she wins, the pds will donate her money.  she goes behind him and uses his arms to box with lks.

in the prison break episode, kjk gives the tofu to jsm though other members hope he would give it to them and end their penalty. in a very uncharacteristic kjk skinship with someone he is supposedly not close to, he pulls her to his chest and pats her head. i felt jsm knew she was being singled out and you can see her flushed face which she is trying to hide, but then she turns to lks and fights with him about the tofu he stole. lks jokingly proposes to her and kjk says perhaps slightly bitterly, "i hope they kiss". kjk talks about the girl he loved the most to jsm in the next episode.

in another episode, jsm gifts kjk a flower out of nowhere while sitting next to him, yjs is curious why she did that and she answers "just like that". kjk looks pleased and says "she likes doing random things". however, once kjk  comes to know the mission is to fool him, he immediately suspects jsm of being the spy because she gifted him a flower and uncharacteristically tried to sit next to him. she then tries to defend herself saying "no, i was trying to avoid you", kjk is miffed and haha tells jsm "now you have made it worse". she then says she gifted him the flower because red looks good on him. 

when jsm is asked to choose the most handsome member, she says kjk is cute when he smiles. it is the first time she admits she finds him attractive on RM, but ends up choosing haha as more "marriage material". kjk gets upset when he hears that and says "i didn't expect any differently. i knew she wouldn't choose me even if she wanted to".

jsm is asked which members she would want to go on a trip with, kjk is listening in and she says "lks and ysc since they are close to my age, so i wouldn't have to do much". if you listen in closely, her voice falters by the end  like she knows it is not the answer he wanted to hear and perhaps the one she didn't want to say as well.

fast forward to last year beginning. kjk wants jsm to join his team in the ace vs champion episode. he creates the perfect excuse saying he would introduce her to healthy, good-lucking guys. she still hesitates and says she likes to travel to only a few places as opposed to kjk who says he would take her around almost everywhere. a frustrated haha tells jsm, "just go, i know you would end up picking him" and a gleeful jsm runs over to join kjk's team.

so i feel you can't blame kjk alone if kookmin has been a slow burn. jsm may not have been as forthright about her feelings before kjk as well and might have got him confused. she might show signs of an interest,  but then would back away or hide it with her playfulness. it might look to kjk like she was doing random stuff as she is known to do or just being playful. kjk must have wondered for a long while whether the way she reacts to him is the way she reacts to almost all the men around her. after all, kjk is the kind of guy who triple checks whether a girl is interested in him before making a move even when all his friends tell him the girl likes him. 

once kjk felt convinced jsm had some feelings, he might have still wondered why she kept being so stubborn about confusing him.

the cast did notice it as well because jsj asks jsm why she keeps on looking at kjk in the bus when the rest are busy playing games. in the halloween episode, jsm, when asked to choose a partner, keeps on looking at kjk when her show character calls for her to choose the male guest. jsj reminds jsm, 'the decision is not about who you would want to go out with', yjs asks her why she is not looking at the male guest and a cornered jsm immediately asks the men to play rock paper scissors to win her. 

i feel though that things started changing by the middle of last year. even her poems could have been a beginning of that, but that is for another post. jsm inviting kjk for coffee was a big step, but i don't know what their status was at that point. it is too big a thing to say in public when kjk is having a loveline on the show and everyone would perceive her interest as romantic. however, if we go by her story, she thought only of him when she was feeling lonely while it was snowing. she said she didn't call up ysc or lks because she was bored of meeting them up regularly, but really who buys that? definitely for the romantic jsm, the man she calls up for coffee when it snows must be somebody she is interested in. in the same week she called out kjk for coffee, some time around valentine's day, she made a post with a heart in the snow. that was the first jsm post kjk responded to. it is just too suspicious. even in this episode, jsm said she wants to go on a car date with someone on a rainy day, so being with that person when it rains/snows is definitely romantic for jsm. nobody in the bus took up jsm's comment and tried to do a loveline moment with ysc which was really weird. well,

kjk leaving flirty comments on her romantic posts started soon after the snow post. hwan jin pd's comment was another. 

however, jsm is generally more careful than kjk. even in the jakarta fanmeet, there were several times kjk wanted jsm to stand next to him but she kept moving away. it was in the seoul fanmeet that i saw her break that pattern and stand next to kjk, even daring to put her arms on his shoulders for the line up. there kjk too broke his usual pattern of standing in the centre, choosing to stand at the end of the line up next to jsm. in fact, it is a pattern we see often these days. kjk and jsm often stand together at the end of the line up.

there have been just a few moments where i have seen jsm let go the way kjk sometimes does.  kjk usually holds back while showing his affection, but in emotional moments, you see him let go. he tries to hold her hand or neck or pull her to his chest in an embrace. jsm holds back even in such moments. episode 462, 464 are all examples. kjk holds her hand to celebrate and once reminded by jsm about the camera, smiles sheepishly.  in episode 464, when kjk comes near her to tear off her nametag, it seemed to me like she is more worried about their skinship before the camera than in running away. episode 472 is another where kjk tries to hold her hand in celebration across the table, even slides his finger into her closed palm, but she gets up fast and says "oppa" to remind him, he lets go and then a moment later, we see her grinning across the table at him.

though jsm mostly tries to avoid moments that reveal what she feels for kjk, sometimes she slips up like with that fanmeet dance. kjk was fine doing the dance with her, but jsm looked so flustered and shy. she was making a thousand excuses about how 18+ it was. i also tend to see moments where the cast ask kookmin whether they like each other in front of the camera differently. i don't think those are questions directed to confirm their feelings for each other, because why would the cast want to do that when a camera is on and so many restrictions are already in place? i have felt they are more like warnings/gentle reminders - "should you make it so obvious? it is time to focus and work".  when haha asked jsm whether she liked kjk during that dance practice, i felt his tone was not teasing, but slightly scolding. she was being uncharacteristically shy about dancing with kjk when non-entertainer guests were present. so i felt what he was saying was that "if you keep this up, everyone will think you like him". flustered, jsm immediately tried to throw attention off by trying to get lks and ysc to lift her. 

Another instance of the slip up was after the fanmeet dance. it is kjk who initiates the first hug but jsm does let herself go there. later, in the group hug, while breaking away, jsm does something that looked suspiciously like a shoulder peck or an intimate shoulder touch. after that, yjs said to the audience "in our emotional moment, we are sorry you had to see something unsightly". it was a strange comment to make if he was talking about how the rm members went for a group huddle but yeah, something uncharacteristic did happen as part of that. it could have been because since the atmosphere was different from the RM shoot, both of them forgot for a moment that they had to be careful.

outside the show, though, i think she can be very expressive. when jsm sang the confession song with kjk at his fanmeet. she was not worried about the skinship and the honey was in her eyes. the third time i saw her slip up was when she touched kjk's jacket quite intimately after he came in during the recent Kannes episode. jsm does finger kjk's clothes when he is dressed nicely but this was even stranger. it looked like she is lost in another world and was doing it out of habit.  lks who was looking on looked lost and fascinated like he didn't know what to do. so my guess is it was a rare moment where jsm slipped up and showed a side she often hides in front of the camera.

in jsm's case, there may be many reasons she has to be careful about her interactions with kjk. she and ysc are the juniors and she may not want her seniors or the pds to feel she is taking things lightly. kjk is much more senior and is a bit of a rebel anyway which is why they call him the rule destroyer. kjk can do things jsm can't. the other reason is of course well-known to anyone who has been on instagram. of course, much of it is editing; we see only what they want us to see.

i know more about kjk than jsm, but she is much more complex than she looks. she is emotionally intelligent and knows how to manage awkward situations. so when she gets flustered in a situation, it shows it is something she couldn't easily manage. when ysc chose her this episode, the way jsm reacted was her real reaction. she felt it would complicate their loveline roles and that it was going off script. kjk calming her down telling her 'it is okay' may have been because he understood she couldn't manage her feelings without his help. she didn't do anything much for the loveline in the episode. 

anyway, i can understand the charm of the lovelines because we get to see jsm and kjk do things without having to hold themselves back. kjk, when he is comfortable around a woman, is all charm and we could see that in his interactions with hanna. however, the thing is we have rarely got the opportunity to see kookmin not hold themselves back while interacting on the show.

when kjk is being un"character"istically nice to jsm, we see such gentle reminders. yjs often responds to those by asking kjk,  "is she your girlfriend?". first was the clan episode where kjk said he wanted to win a level for jsm and yjs implied kjk was behaving like her boyfriend. that was an episode which began with attempts to set up the spartace loveline, so kjk acting all gentlemanly to jsm might have been something off-character. jsm also tried to divert the attention on their interactions by doing the kookmin siblings cross. when yjs asks that, kjk gets all red in the face. The second instance when yjs repeats that question is when kjk helps jsm flog him and does more skinship than usual while teaching her. when kjk has to flog her and looks reluctant, jsj tells him, "hit her as hard as you love her" and then he or yjs changes it to 'hit her as hard as you like her'. yjs's question to kjk comes after this scene, so that could also have been 'if you act like this, people will think she is your GF'. The third instance is when they  set up chanmin loveline and kjk keeps complaining that jsm had hurt his feelings by sitting away from him to sit near ysc. yjs says,'you are a nice oppa to her while ysc is the man she loves' - in short, that is your role on the show. when kjk is being nice to her when everyone is scolding her, yjs again asks "do you like her?". i felt these are all instances where kjk is being nice to jsm in a way that goes against their roles on the show. jsm also goes through the same restrictions as kjk and may restrain herself even more because of being the maknae on the team. however, their chemistry is there for all to see in the moments they are allowed to interact. it is kookmin's sns chemistry which got them so much attention in the first place. if they are allowed to interact openly with each other which i hope happens one day, pretty sure their chemistry would blow us away.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 8
  • Thanks 1

Hello Everyone :)

I Enjoy reading all the post....

@MandelBrot Somin IG Post Pic Translation by Papago [hope someone knows hangul better can translate it for us] :

When did Mom become confident about her marriage?

- Your father never kept me waiting in a relationship. I thought I'd call you, but you called me. If I didn't see you today, I was waiting in front of the house. I thought it'd be cold by now, but it was still there. So I get married.

Somin Caption : Timing!

I think she post about her book.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

In regards to somin's latest post, a user named ahlamayy had kindly translated the post:

"I think the question is, 'Mum when were you sure you wanted to get married?' and the mum replies, "when i was dating your father, he never kept me waiting. When i was thinking of calling him, he would call me. When i thought we wouldn't be meeting that day, he was waiting outside. That's when i got married".

Somin had it titled 'Timing!'. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Losdol said:

In regards to somin's latest post, a user named ahlamayy had kindly translated the post:

"I think the question is, 'Mum when were you sure you wanted to get married?' and the mum replies, "when i was dating your father, he never kept me waiting. When i was thinking of calling him, he would call me. When i thought we wouldn't be meeting that day, he was waiting outside. That's when i got married".

Somin had it titled 'Timing!'. 

this is interesting. jsm is supposedly single and stays all alone, pining for love. this could be jsm just wanting to have a perfect love. however, it also looks like a rant to a special someone and a continuation of her confession song. is the anxiety-inducing guy, as hana calls him, still around? is this from her book or did she quote it from somewhere? i love how jsm attacks with her poems/scribbles. 

it has been a while since she posted like this about marriage, so perhaps she can be more open about things? hope they  fold up the loveline soon and not say it is jsm waiting for ysc to make his move. :sweatingbullets: 

hope that someone gets his 'timing' right. fighting!

i miss kjk commenting on jsm's posts and from the comments, looks like i am not alone. :(

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

i miss kjk commenting on jsm's posts and from the comments, looks like i am not alon

Sometimes I think about this and I just...:bawling::bawling::bawling:.

But just imagine they teased eachother on the show as much as they do in real life (from their comments). It would be total chaos and the height of cuteness. Somin the sarcastic queen, loved when he was claiming he wasn't taking a picture of her and she was like "Ah so it was like that, no wonder I posed for a while and you still weren't done". Literally exposed his lying self lol. So Kookie took many many many shots I see. What's that he said again "i like to take pictures of my girlfriend and sometimes she starts complaining". I don't know about you guys but I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting a strong 4 here lol. I find it so cute that he uses his phone for the pictures too, except the first one in the clan episode. Like imagine how many pictures he has of her in his gallery and how many we haven't seen<_<.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I like how they stand together a lot these days. Even when the didn't, I knew it was just for the show. Ep 452 exposed them lol. When it got to the food train part, and they showed a one second glimpse of when the filming hadn't resumed. We saw both of them sitting together at the back talking about whatever they were looking at. And they were closseee and when I say closseee, I mean closseee, like joined together at the hip close and they can't even give excuses because there was space on that bench. But whe  filming resumed and they wanted to start the mission, they weren't even standing together or close, they were both at opposite ends. That episode just reminded me I shouldn't take whatever I see on screen too seriously. 

Also remembered in ep 441, the first episode they brought up their SNS interactions. When yjs asked kjk why he keeps leaving comments on her posts, he actually didn't know what to say and looked at lks to save him. Lks is the one that now says "jongkook especially hates posts like hers" (poor guy was put on the spot, he came up with anything). Kjk then adjusts lks statement to "her posts call for my comment" and that's the lame narrative he has been sticking with since then lmao.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, CameliaLady said:

My understanding of korean is limited so from what i heard kjk said ‘kinchanasso’ not ‘kinchana’? which I understood as ‘it was okay’ (the translation said ‘it’s nice’) referring to jsm’s wink as acceptable/qualifying for what ysc demanded (which ysc seconded immediately after). Kjk didn’t say/mean ‘it’s okay’ as pertaining to jsm being picked and not being able to handle the situation as it was unexpected. 

This is my understanding correct me if I’m wrong?

Just listened to it again, I heard the "kinchannaso" but sadly I'm not a hangul expert lol. Maybe someone on the forum that understands hangul can enlighten us and re-theorize that part. He still has no business saying whatever he said:lol:, I find it so funny he always has something to say when the loveline plays out. He usually keeps quiet and watches on.

• Like 4