[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

i think they don't want to give much focus to kookmin interactions. jsm as the gorilla was hilarious from whatever we got to see. she also got all 10 of them right which is a great number. either the pds  don't know how to pitch their relationship after the marriage rumor or they might not want to show jsm doing the best job out of the cast since her character is pitched as the clumsy one. it would have been nice to see them work together because jsm lets go of her clumsy character and works hard when she is on kjk's team. at the same time, it looks like she made it hilarious because you can see that kjk can't stop laughing. jsj also looks really excited to see kookmin work together and se chanie looks really proud. i think se chanie is a closet kookmin shipper; it comes out when kookmin do missions well together and he always encourages them.

this also shows the power of editing. if they wanted to, they could have showed us kookmin do the mission properly, let us enjoy their teamwork and chemistry. even without any of the editing gimmicks to assist them, showing them performing well as a combination would have helped build them as a good team on RM. it is a crying shame because when they are teamed up, they actually make it interesting in some way. 

i was thinking about the jae hong loveline with jsm. one reason they didn't go for the loveline could be because jae hong was perhaps too stressed out about performing his special role to be relaxed enough to carry a loveline. 

i feel it was a good episode. kookmin were a bit awkward in the beginning, but their natural chemistry shone through after a while. i don't think kjk avoided jsm at all. i think he likes watching her cute anger when she gets unjustly accused and that was all there. she is all perked up in the next scene when jsj has to flog kjk asking 'is today the day?' :)

it is funny how he moves back amused and also a bit worried she might hit him.lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

45 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

it is funny how he moves back amused and also a bit worried she might hit him.lol

Like I said he might act tough on set but we all know who's the real boss behind the scenes lol. He retreated immediately she stepped out, sparta is that you?:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

I watched this current episode, the kook-min moment or most memorable was when Jong Kook admit he was wrong to claim Somin as deity of death. The body language and interaction is interesting. It could be scripted or etc. I was wondering why did he pointed it out to her out of all members. I mean he does give sechan hard time. He has been pointing out who is it, and kept forgetting that it wasn't somin. He repeatedly mention her like she has always been in back of his mind whether she is a spy or not. He does love to tease her and see her annoyed. That way do make them closer. He just point her. I mean Somin has been spy several times already, and always have been wronged. It is like how Jaesuk always suspect Kwangsoo in every spy game. Jong Kook's reaction is more scripted that he wanted to mention Somin. She came towards him and scared him away. I am surprised that members didn't respond to it. I mean a girl who makes Jong Kook a tiger with no fangs. He retreated quietly. I mean... it is rare and classic Jong Kook moment! And it does look like the members are used to having them fight or argue or whine at each other. Somin doesn't back down. It is a very strange dynamic between the two. 

I think Somin was not able to play Jae-Hong loveline because she was still sick. It was shot right after Jong Kook's Confession song concert with Somin. She was still sick but recovering. Her eyes were little red or bloodshot. To be realistic, I have been counting how many times Jong Kook have been with Somin. I think first of all, they were in team. However, later on there was no team. Jong Kook and Somin manage to interact with each other. 

And for Chan-min loveline. I never liked it. I know others think it is cute. I think it is very cringe for me to watch. Their chemistry is not there. I am kind of worried about next episode but we should also think that whatever is shown on screen as skits or act directly as loveline- it could be very scripted that may not be true in real life. However, i think they kept on doing it because Koreans does not like it too much. I dont think it was because of what happened in the past about Monday Couple that turned out not to be real. I think it is doing the opposite of it-- and new strategy. They know they are not dating because their chemistry is very platonic. But filled with skits and craziness but softer version of Kwangmin. Push and pull and lots of skits. However, I did notice Jong Kook gets involved that loveline a lot for weirdest reason. Yeah, he wanted to support Sechan, but why is he always bothering somin? hehe He scold her in the van all the way to the building entrance trying to convince her that Jae Hong tricked her. Poor Somin thought Jae Hong tricked her to avoid her. I mean she does trust him. I think Somin wasn't feeling well to get involved with love line skits with Jae-Hong. Jong Kook was with Somin most of the time even though they were in same team. I mean Sung Oh can stand between them. When Somin was eating noodles-- I think in my part that Jong Kook asked Sechan to hold her hair for screen time and loveline. Sechan is really like kook-min actor. I mean, he is terrible at it. Haha. I dont think Jong Kook is allowed to have loveline with Somin, but compromised to have more natural interactions with her. I know they push Sechan to hold her hair. I dont think it was ever his intention to do it but guided by Jong Kook or PDs. I think somin's heart will flutter that Jong Kook is the one who gave the idea. I mean... his hands trying to teach sechan to be smooth for skits. Jong Kook made it worse when he tried to smack her back get her focused. Butting her loveline again. I mean he is doing the opposite behaviour just to hide his feelings for her. I had a guy who liked me during middle school. He just walked by me and punched my arm. I chased after him, and got others to help me to catch him. The recess monitor told me that he had a crush on me. So he doesnt know how to react with me. That's sort of how Jong Kook couldn't keep his feelings, and gave Somin hard time because they were in front of camera and promoting Chan-min loveline. One korean fan said not to believe everything said on tv. However, the body language and interactions were quite telling. I mean Jong Kook was so grumpy but he should be said little more encouraging. Why is he so grumpy? Somin was sick, not him. He probably need to see counsellor when he is done with filming. Haha. He may be grumpy because he couldn't be sweet with her and have skinship for real for freaking variety sake. haha. 

Jong Kook's grumpiness and whiny with everyone specially HaHa and Somin is quite interesting. He nags a lot with Sechan. I have seen him quite bit distant with Kwangsoo or it is too many people he is bonding with. I think Somin has taken over Kwangsoo's role rather than Sechan as part of Jong Kook's minions. I think Jong kook is spending a lot of time with Somin. Look at their closeness and his comfort to snap somin out. And she is not afraid to get upset with him. I am surprised that he retreated from her. She must be very upset to whiny with cuteness. Her frustration at the end with so cute. Jong Kook is close to HaHa. The way he deals with HaHa is very similar to Somin. He nags at them with grudges or suspicious or for no reason. I mean... he does that a lot with people he is comfortable with. Look at MUD for getting upset and anal with Din Din for skipping soccer practice. And boxing with sechan- that was so funny. You see him with two female guests-- he didn't know them too well but he was so polite with them with little skin-ship-- holding their arms or etc. Sora was hilarious. She pissed kwangsoo off was funniest thing. I enjoyed Sung Oh so much! Jar-Hong missed the loveline skits with Somin. Too bad she got sick. Good timing Jong Kook that you may have gotten everyone sick after Vietnam fanmeet. I think Somin and JaeHong will have hang out privately. However, I dont think JaeHong has interest in Somin. I mean he is not very assertive. In the morning, he knows somin and how she is. He knows that he could kidnap somin in order to win third spot to put Sung Oh's team last. JaeHong didn't play along with loveline with Somin in the morning. I think it was because of she was sick or getting too comfortable with Jong Kook. 

I knew and really think that Sechan was Kook-min shipper for a long time. I got the hint before that when Jaesuk ask if Somin's mom likes Jong Kook. Somin said yes. Sechan gave her thumbs up. During the korean fan meet, Jong Kook was whispering at Somin's ears, Sechan turned to talk to them but saw them together closely, he made body language like sorry, I won't bother then turned away. Another was when Somin couldn't choose the male guest and asked the guys to play the game to win her. Sechan said he hopes Jong Kook will get her and got happy about it. Another one was when Jong Kook came in pink sweater walking trail of hearts along his head... before Jong Kook came, Somin was looking at the door anticipating male guests out loud. Sechan quickly made a skit that Jong Kook is a male guest when he came over. He heard Somin greeted him and walked towards her with trail of hearts along his head. Sechan has send a lot of hints. Members choose to ignore it while the PD and editors want to let us see it without declaring it. Natural Kook-min moments indeed. 

I think the current episode, Somin was still not well. She did try her best through out the filming. I LOVE the guests!!! They are so funny. Oh dear SoRa-- she was so tired and mindlessly pulled Jong Kook's tag. It was so funny. Love it Sung-Oh. It was really good guests. The memorisation game-- I think Sechan should switch with Somin. Somin is good with memorisation. She did pick up a lot from Sechan to relay the message. The second round was hilarious going from monkey to elephant to rhino to 23 apartments. =) 

Kind of worried for next.. it may not be real... but i dont enjoy chanmin much. We have taken Kwangmin granted. I miss Kwangmin. No lovelines... just cat and dog dynamics to allow chemistry to develop. Kook-min actually develop a lot of chemistry. Jong Kook's grumpiness works well with somin's goofiness. I think it is only way for Jong Kook to attempt to spend more time with her for variety sake to avoid lovelines and rumours. I mean if he does not like her, he would be more distant like before when they first met. She pissed him off several times. He goes like go away or etc. And became distant and cocky sometimes.  The way Jong Kook deals with grumpiness with Somin is similar to HaHa now. It was so funny to watch him holding grudges on HaHa. And he is doing that to Somin for not trusting him! Haha. I think it is a big step for him to interact more openly with Somin rather than being official loveline. i think they tried to avoid it all costs. It works with Jong Kook who does not like to act lovelines or skits. His dynamics with Somin works well for him to be closer to any women. It is quite an intreating approach for Jong Kook that the way to get into his heart because blind dates doesn't work for him. When he thinks of date- he is more pressured. If it is more of close friends, he would open up a bit more. I think he needs some friendship first with bonds and interaction to test each other's chemistry, dynamics, and partnership. I think Somin fills a lot of great dynamics with Jong Kook in variety of genres or emotions. His grumpiness actually complements with Somin's wits and goofiness. It is like looking at Aries woman and Tarus man relationship. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

I don't know if it's my delulu but was he jealous of Ahn Jae-Hong? Idk he looks like it haha

At first when he made the split JK was like "I can do it too, other persons can do it too, it's not a big deal" and when he said to Somin "you can't trust someone with that face" I was like hmmmm... What it's happening here? He looked mad and (to me) was a little bit rude with him haha I really think he was jealous and protective towards Somin 

It remembers me those times when Jsj do something bad to Somin, JK started to tease him and be rude in that moment haha it was the same, when someone do something bad to Somin he'll return it multiplied x1000000 hahaha

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

People might find it funny seeing KJK being grumpy and salty. I kind of finding it a bit tiring to watch. I think the PD’s should lay off all the loveliness within RM. Let the members decide which direction they want to go. I mean look at chanmin, sechan is an unwilling partner in crime. Everytime there’s a loveline he seems scared of offending someone ( u all can guess who). Looking at the way KJK treats HaHa, I’m sure sechan wants to avoid being on his bad side. Somin is just being somin, working hard as usual. KJK is just too transparent with his feelings, and I have a feeling that YJS always remind him of his action after every filming. When KJK and the gang came in last, and he starts complaining on Somin, you can see that YJS just ignored him. I’m sure if YJS indulge him on that, he’ll have a lot to say to Jaehong. By the way correct me if I’m wrong, when he said about the split, I thought he said he can do the split but other people’s leg. Meaning he just want to split jaehong legs himself. With him being salty and grumpy sometimes makes it tiring to watch especialy when he starts pointing at someone being the spy. I just wish the PD will let somin have a loveline with the guest instead. At least we don’t have to watch loveline every episode and somin can have some rest from it:blush:

• Like 4

https://imgur.com/a/rOKdh4x

Most underrated kookmin moment in this episodes lol. He kept glancing at her when yeon bin came close and he was trying to push her away and protect jae Hong. I found it hilarious, jsm was just standing there stiffly and "he's like hold her still" but she barely moves. Yeon bin the brave comes foward again, kjk starts looking at jsm again. Jsj comes foward to plead his case (which was guilty at the end lol) but he glances at her again. Call me delusional but the glances looked like cautionary glances. A "it's not what it looks like, it's all work my dearest" moment:joy:. Just wanted to point out how he kept glancing at her tho which was weird since he wasn't suspecting her then and wasn't wary of her.

2 hours ago, NayeC said:

I don't know if it's my delulu but was he jealous of Ahn Jae-Hong? Idk he looks like it haha

At first when he made the split JK was like "I can do it too, other persons can do it too, it's not a big deal" and when he said to Somin "you can't trust someone with that face" I was like hmmmm... What it's happening here? He looked mad and (to me) was a little bit rude with him haha I really think he was jealous and protective towards Somin 

It remembers me those times when Jsj do something bad to Somin, JK started to tease him and be rude in that moment haha it was the same, when someone do something bad to Somin he'll return it multiplied x1000000 hahaha

Lol I totally get what you mean. He was so boastful and talkative in Ahn Jae Hong's interview. Funny enough I don't think he was being jealous even though it totally looked like it, he gave me territorial vibes. Yesss, it also reminds me of how he got mean with jsj anytime he did anything not nice to jsm lol.

I like when he gets like that, like in the episode where he said he took it easy on Pogba the footballer so he won't hurt him:joy:. Kookie is hilarious when he's serious about things like that.

He was just grumpy this episode for the most part lol. I love seeing him and jsm together so much. They complement eachother so well. He always has on adorable expressions when he's interacting with her.  Imma need to hear the kookmin cross one more time, since they have discarded the siblings title, they can do a quick upgrade and make it couple instead lol. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NayeC said:

Jong Kook always put up protective instincts for weak or negative things. H was like that from high school. He is not a typical bully because of his stature or stoic expression. He does really does not like these kind of stuff especially towards people he cares most about. I really admire him for that. 

I think Jong Kook is practically weird with Jae-hong teasing him. I think he is trying to give screen time to Jae-hong because of his nagging. It is becoming part of his new strategy for his variety persona. His nagging is actually act of love. No matter how frustrated to put up with him because you dont know whether he is joking or not. Somin and HaHa are often frustrated with him like that in real life. 

Jong Kook knows Somin is not well. So he had to take over her place to tease Jae-Hong. Somin wasn't in right mind to be unpredictable love frog. Jae Hong knows her phone number so they could have hanged out before or talk with each other. 

Remember Jong Kook teased Somin for her resemblance with comedian. She came to him to give collar. He happily give her a squeeze on her arms. I think he was expecting her to give him a collar. I think Somin is more conscious than before. And his teasing at her has turned into next level. I think it is part of strategy to include it with Chan-min loveline. It is for us viewers to see the balance of skits and natural interactions. Netizens does see chemistry of kook-min. The thing is that netizens are more careful and quiet with Kook-min. That is probably why Kook-min could not get involved with skits directly at each other instead of Chan-min. If Kook-min becomes official loveline, it would not longer be real but towards to confuse others. Netizens are very sensitive with lovelines especially the ones they like. netizens like kook-min but probably knew better to keep it natural. They know him quite well than us. Jong kook in almost interaction with somin, even outside of RM and SNS have been acting like opposite of loveline. He teased her and sometimes drives her nuts. I think he has taken effort to spend more time with her on camera. His teasing has been very sweet and does help with Somin's variety persona. I think she was more attentive when it comes to dealing with Jong Kook than Chan-min loveline. And Kook-min interaction has more sights than Chan-min loveline. Chan min serves distraction or balance the rumours rather than just promotion for loveline. i think with Jong Kook's addition has help build it with balance because Somin and Sechan sort of have hard time because they are friends off screen. Jong Kook is giving a balance.  I think his teasing and grumpiness at somin especially pointing at her or always suspecting her was act of wanting to be close to her. Like he said something to tick her off, she will give him collar- a skin ship. I think he's doing it against common sense to allow for skin ship. 

I surprised that member's treatment towards Somin and Jinyoung loveline is different with Jong Kook. When Jinyoung made Jong Kook do anything she wants. She smacks at him of making silly comments especially the part he said she wore black because of him. She got upset and smack him hard. He was like tiger with no richard simmons or a lamb sometimes. He couldn't dare to tease her that much. She most of the work being boss. Members always laugh and taken attention as classic kim jong kook moment. I mean that is kwangsoo's favourite moment. When Somin makes Jong Kook retreat, members acted like they were used to it. I mean... it is weird. though. Members didn't say anything but the PD and editor decided to show the interaction for us to judge or for enjoyment to see kook-min moments. But i think they did it on purpose. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, yaya1 said:

People might find it funny seeing KJK being grumpy and salty. I kind of finding it a bit tiring to watch. I think the PD’s should lay off all the loveliness within RM. Let the members decide which direction they want to go. I mean look at chanmin, sechan is an unwilling partner in crime. Everytime there’s a loveline he seems scared of offending someone ( u all can guess who). Looking at the way KJK treats HaHa, I’m sure sechan wants to avoid being on his bad side. Somin is just being somin, working hard as usual. KJK is just too transparent with his feelings, and I have a feeling that YJS always remind him of his action after every filming. When KJK and the gang came in last, and he starts complaining on Somin, you can see that YJS just ignored him. I’m sure if YJS indulge him on that, he’ll have a lot to say to Jaehong. By the way correct me if I’m wrong, when he said about the split, I thought he said he can do the split but other people’s leg. Meaning he just want to split jaehong legs himself. With him being salty and grumpy sometimes makes it tiring to watch especialy when he starts pointing at someone being the spy. I just wish the PD will let somin have a loveline with the guest instead. At least we don’t have to watch loveline every episode and somin can have some rest from it:blush:

I think Jong Kook decided to use it for his variety persona. It was one of his trademark growing up, and he is building that for variety. He is known for nagging in MUD with every of his guy friends. I think he released it again more often this time in Running Man. I mean that helps to build his chemistry and partnership with Somin. I guess he wanted to work with Somin and drive her crazy so she could react to him with annoyance like giving collars or say some witty. I mean, I think Jong Kook enjoys it from Somin. They couldn't be sweet or act cute together to avoid loveline. Their image and variety persona is something they have to be calculative. It is hard to separate from private from public. I think Jong Kook did it to build rapport and teamwork with Somin. He did it with HaHa. It was classic Jong Kook moment. He is doing the same with somin and constantly suspects her like he is giving her screen time like the way Jaesuk suspect Kwangsoo. It becomes funny skits. It does call out for skin-ship to allow them to contact with each other more. 

If Jong Kook acts in loveline, they will not interact with each other much to bring balance to the show. It would be Chan-min awkwardness and even like Monday Couple when Jihyo sometimes cannot stand it. It does hurt their closeness off screen as Somin even became vocal that it has been giving all weirdness to Chan min off screen. But look at her and Jong Kook-- they kept on saying that they have become closer on and off screen. I think that way helps Jong Kook become closer to her and spend more time with her as well. I think it is part of better way of getting into his heart. We often hear that blind dates doesn't work with him. He was a perfect gentleman but always treat his date to last for one date. However for him, you have to poke him many times. He doesn't open it up. In Somin's case, they work together several times, and they have been close over the time. I guess they have been practicing together to sing or etc. It could have brought them closer and spend more with each other. Jong Kook would be more of his real self rather than just being perfect gentleman. The grumpier he is, the easier somin can approach him. They are more relaxed together when here is no loveline between them. 

• Like 2

I think Kook-min is going towards Kwangmin partnership. A goofball with nagger with full of love. He said he use nagging as a method to show his affection. He did nag Jihyo a lot when she makes mistakes. Jihyo's reaction before was trying to pick a fight and smack him a lot. Somin's mention is more of through words and giving him collar. With Jinyoung, he does nag but more like thinking she likes him instead of two way street. Jong Kook is being weird. 

Chan-min is going towards Monday couple style while Kookmin is going towards Kwangmin style. Monday couple doesn't have consistency as Kwangmin. I think Kwangmin does not have loveline no matter how fans love them together. 

I think Kook-min decided to build more rapport and teamwork to allow them to work together long period of time and keep their private life private as much as possible. Kwangmin style works well for Jong Kook off screen if anyone wants to date him or interested in him. I think Jong kook start off better as friends which helps to open him up a bit to get close without having marriage weigh heavily on his mind. He just needed to spend more time with certain person to be able to develop his feelings in general. 

I dont mind grumpy Jong kook but I think he did it for reason. Sometimes we should not take it too literally on anyone's variety persona and actions. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I love So Min and adore Se Chan, but this love line is damn awkward. They are super cute as besties, like when he was helping her stretch out before dance practice with Ji Hyo. But in a loveline, I do cringe a little bit.

Kookmin dont have to do anything, their chemistry hits you right in the face. LOL

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Some of you are worried that kook-min may up like kwangmin when i made the comparison. There is unique thing about Monday Couple and Kwangmin. Sorry if I go off topic. There is explanation for my reasoning, despite trying to keep private life out of public eye, everyone needs to be creative with their interaction with one another especially opposite sex. 

My observation for Monday Couple. I was one of the few who didn't feel the click but I do enjoy their funny interaction especially Gary smooth talks and Jihyo's cute reactions. For me is cringe because Gary is so sweet. He is getting rejected several times. I saw a lot of spark in Jihyo's eyes when she saw Lee Dong wook. When she called him, there is cute banter between the two. I adore it. He is one very handsome actor for sweet Jihyo. Also Jihyo was dating someone off screen- the CEO of agency. The netizens have put a lot of pressure that cause break up. I mean... they took it too seriously on Monday couple chemistry that looks so real. Jihyo and Gary expressed for not having time to meet up together for having different path and interests. I dont think Gary is Jihyo's type. So i could see some oddity towards each other on and off. She remained to be adorable with Gary on and off. I wonder why Gary cut ties with RM members, and I think it has to do with Monday Couple. It was harder on him than it is for Jihyo. That is why I made it similar to Chan-min. The chemistry is not there despite being close friends in real life for a long time. They came to the show together several times. They do a lot of skits and rare interactions with each other. I also notice that Sechan goes away to hang out with Kwangsoo or Jihyo. I do see a lot of skinship between Sechan and Jihyo. They always put arms around each other and hold each other. They are like couple but very small romantic for sibling vibe or chemistry. He doesn't do that with somin. Somin is more careful. She only does it with female guests and jihyo. She did minimal with Kwangsoo. Jong Kook is leading towards her. 

For Kwangmin, I think Somin and Kwangsoo had some interest in each other personally early on. When they first met, the PD already put them as a couple. During Somin's first time as regular member, they hang out a lot and even tried to see how well they are matched. Somin asked with interest about her match with Kwangsoo. It turned out to be one sided. She took it seriously. I think it stopped their interest in each other, and Somin went out to help Kwangsoo to get Subin's number. She even coached him about relationship 101. Somin has a very good chemistry partnership with kwangsoo. They are great partners and work well each other. However, I think Kwangsoo was not romantic enough for Somin. She wants romantic and caring guy. Wook min likes Kwangsoo so much. He often take pictures with him and post on IG. Somin really do care about Kwangsoo. She treats him like her son. She got the number of Subin to Kwangsoo, and even help to coach him relationship 101-VIP. They remain close and best friends along with Sechan. She even asked kwangsoo to help to set up dates for her. They are still friends on and off camera. The makanes have strongest bonds. 

I think it is Jong Kook's nature is not wanting to have loveline. Having Kwangmin vibe will establish kook-min cat and mouse dynamics towards consistency without rumours or scandals. It is just to have fun with each other. Netizens loves Kook-min so much and wanted to protect it so much. It was so natural and fun to watch. Their interactions probably got edited out a lot because it may be too real. I think they are trying to be creative to be able to interact with each other without being edited out. I think that brings Jong Kook's nagging into variety persona for RM. He nags a lot before especially anyone making mistakes. Now he nags and gets grumpy with grudges. It builds up more interesting interactions and conversation with HaHa and even Sukjin. It did help with Sukjin's screen time and presence. And add to that, he became so talkative and analytical with everyone making sure he includes somin in that equation. Chan-min woke up his nagging towards Somin. Whatever there is Chan-min loveline, despite being very close to Sechan, he bothers somin so much. It does remind me of kwangsoo driving somin crazy. Somin gets crazy and frustrated with cuteness. I think Jong Kook found her cute when she gets frustrated. He also expected her to collar him up. He did ask for it when he put his hands up. Just like when teased somin's resemblance with comedian. He pat her back and other hand to squeeze her shoulder. 

I also want to point out that they all have busy schedule after filming. Jong Kook to go to concert. Somin getting sick and launching her book. They dont always have time for each other off screen. On screen gives them more opportunity. 

I saw a lot of kook min natural moments when Somin looks at Jong Kook with big eyes. Looking at Jong Kook, he look bit flustered. It is like reminding him that his soul mate must have big eyes. 

I think in my opinion that grumpy, whining, and nagging jong Kook is created for a reason, to be closer to someone he cares about. That kind of persona can get him closer to a girl without any loveline or rumour. Just spend time with her and tease her. See her reaction. Support her. Have her follow him around. Even though Kwangmin was over, Somin is still very close to Kwangsoo. They are like siblings attached by hips. She or Kwangsoo always follow each other in more platonic way. Jong Kong is now attempting bit to attract somin to him on and off screen. He wants a good partner and i think he must have enjoyed her company and wittiness. I think Jong Kook is sort of making a move to prepare for more closeness off screen. He wanted her to spend more time with him. She often leads towards him putting her arm on his shoulder. Last episode, Somin was tilting towards Jong Kook when he put his arms around her. Jong Kook often put arms around his members even Jihyo to help him to put off the pressure in his back. He does that a lot with Sukjin. He couldn't sit still. He had to move around a lot. However, it seems like Jong Kook put his arms around jaesuk for support so he could hold Somin. I think somin forgot about it because she was actually sick with cold. She looked really tired. Jong Kook probably put his arms around somin for support at first, but later on pulled her to him back and forth. I think Somin is trying to tilt back so Jong Kook could have support. But he was pulling her back letting her tilt towards him. I think he was aware she wasn't well. It is like he wanted to give her comfort. Jaesuk was like dragged back and forth. hehe. 

I think Kwangmin had an interest in each other earlier on until fortune teller forecast in 2018. Kwangmin were always together-- more like following each other to rely each other to build screen time and entertainment. That brought to my opinion for those who are confused. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, YellowDress said:

Kookmin dont have to do anything, their chemistry hits you right in the face. LOL

Facts, they just breathe around eachother and I'm like "OMG, THEY ARE SO CUTE!!" Lol. Looks like we might not be seeing their interactions on screen that much for a while till the PD gets over the obsession with the loveline. I'll just rewatch all their compilation videos every week till then lol.

Happy for Somin for her book release. Ugh, sometimes I feel like giving her agency a punch or two for their lack of advertising. They have such a gem and fail at publicising her:bawling:. Somin unnie, you need to let them go and do more dramas and variety shows this year. Read a snippet of the book on her fanpage and it just reminds me why I stan her. Everyone just sees her cheerful variety personality but somin has so much depth in her, it's almost dark (in a good way). She's very raw, it's hard to find people with that much depth that have such bright personalities. Even without her saying it, you can tell she thinks a lot and is in her head a lot. People say she's very open and shameless in telling everyone about her embarrassing moments, relationship fails and all, but somin is actually one of the most private members on the show. She's open and honest true but the scary thing about somin is you only know what she wants you to know or what she wants you to see because she does pretty good job of making you believe it. She's the most open but what's her favourite colour? her favourite food? what is she scared of the most? What can't she stand?( other than cheaters of course lol). People hardly know the answer to these simple questions and claim she's very open. I immediately stanned Tae Oh when he mentioned the sadness in her eyes, how she smiles but her eyes are so sad. Because I thought I was the only one that noticed, she's like the most cheerful member but sometimes if you take a look at her eyes, they aren't always as bright as her smile. Moments like that, it's hard to know what she's thinking. Hope the book will alert people to the fact that there is more to Jeon So min than her running man character. The girl is a bundle of charms, humor and wit but also a bundle of intelligence, depth and rawness. I hope her book does well, I'll try and get a copy. If I can't learn hangul, hangul must learn me lol.

This quickly turned into a jsm appreciation post lol. I would do one for kookie but grumpy kookie not kookie the cute bear made an appearance this week so I'm not feeling very charitable <_<. If he releases a book too, I will reconsider lol. But all is love for the president of the kookmin clan, Kim Jong kook

• Like 2
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Rida Live said:

Happy for Somin for her book release. Ugh, sometimes I feel like giving her agency a punch or two for their lack of advertising. They have such a gem and fail at publicising her:bawling:. Somin unnie, you need to let them go and do more dramas and variety shows this year. Read a snippet of the book on her fanpage and it just reminds me why I stan her. Everyone just sees her cheerful variety personality but somin has so much depth in her, it's almost dark (in a good way). She's very raw, it's hard to find people with that much depth that have such bright personalities. Even without her saying it, you can tell she thinks a lot and is in her head a lot. People say she's very open and shameless in telling everyone about her embarrassing moments, relationship fails and all, but somin is actually one of the most private members on the show. She's open and honest true but the scary thing about somin is you only know what she wants you to know or what she wants you to see because she does pretty good job of making you believe it.

Somin is very underrated and underestimated. She is a true underdog. Here is a thing, it is better for her agency not to promote her too much to make it a hype. I think Somin has talked to her agency to allow her work to find its way to right people and her fans. Once they felt her work and they can share it with others who does not know too much about her but express interest in her creativity. As a poet, you dont want to get into hype or etc. You write for yourself first creating what you want to write about as if you are fan of the writer. Not all books are for everyone. It has certain kind of people that gives appreciation. Somin's fans and friends are closest to her, and they are attracted to the way she thinks, acts, deliver, and etc. I have said it very often, she has very old poetic and creative soul. People mistaken for depth or deepness for darkness. Somin is a very straightforward person but she has million ways to approach it. Most people are attracted to sad poems or poems for longing. You don't see happy poems. It is human nature to hide sadness. It takes a writer or poet to express it for you to bring it to your heart. I don't think she is interested in being on top of the best seller list. She can start from small and gradually build it up. It is very hard to be a writer because they have to battle writer's block. It is not a switch. It needs a lot of inspiration and patience. 

Go back to fortune teller forecast in 2018, Park Sung Hoon said Somin has a very interesting mind that runs in a very deep sense. That is why he labeled her half Kwangsoo. He said Kwangsoo has entry but not exit. That is why he had hard time expressing himself. He thinks a lot. He is very intelligent in real life. He is sort of intellectual like book smart. Jaesuk and Jong Kook are more street smart. That is why Somin and Kwangsoo gets along very well. Both of them are similar dealing with their image on and off screen. Both of their image were popularised and created by RM. In real life, they are actually very different and much more deeper than we thought. That is why fortune teller said Somin is half Kwangsoo in off screen and real sense. Did you know that Kwangsoo often drinks in the morning because all of his friends said that he had a habit of drunk dials in the morning. However, his friends said he is kindest, most loyal, and caring person. He cares for everyone with best interest of his heart. Jihyo said Kwangsoo took care of her the most. She and her brother showered a lot of compliments for him. It is very different from his image in RM. He is a person who needs to be taken care of like a child. He is more fragile than we thought. He has good friends who has nothing but praise for him. Somin is half kwangsoo but she is also half Jaesuk. Jaesuk is a comedian and MC. Jaesuk and Ho-Dong are two greatest MCs. But they are different. They prepare the content and wits differently. Jaesuk depends on presenting through his intelligence and deep observation. Ho-Dong presented with insatiable and incredible energy with expression and animation. Somin has Jaesuk's ability to read the situation and observe to give different results for each person. That is why she gets along with everyone in RM. Jong Kook was tough one, but she managed it well. Sukjin easily can make weirdest joke, and Somin deliver with wits. And Jong Kook shows his real side by instinct that adds to his variety character to correct the joke. It was impressive teamwork. Sukjin joke is sort of scripted but he made his mind. It is risky but he did it. Somin was a quick thinker but it woke up a sleepy giant, Jong Kook, to put up his instincts to shoot down that awful joke. I think Sukjin knew the risk and said it for a reason. I think he knew Somin is witty but did not expect Jong Kook to be like that. And Jong Kook continued that aura with Sukjin throughout the show. It is part of classic Kim Jong Kook moment. It is really good. When he gave sukjin hard time, everyone laugh so hard. It is very interesting. Sukjin hits two birds with one stone. That is part of Sukjin's style and strategy for screen time. I thought it was impressive. He really brought out that side of Kim Jong Kook when he meant to bring out Somin's intelligence, quick thinking, and wittiness. Despite insulting joke, I actually like how Sukjin, Somin, and Jong Kook work together. It is actually one of the best Sukjin's work. K-netizens know Sukjin means well. Koreans do joke like that. 

I like Somin's poems and her way of thinking. The one she talked about the words and how it affects others. It is so dark but so good. The real world is harsher than we thought. We have deal with the loss of Sulli and Ara because of the words that seem to be harmless but will take away your life and dignity even though you are still alive. It becomes a wound. More you rub the salt, the deeper it becomes. It could be death of a person inside. Sulli and Ara took their lives because they couldn't heal themselves after all the things thrown at them. Words can swell to choke you. Somin's poem is very literal but you have to read between lines to see what she is talking about. Her poems are not for everyone. It takes a person who thinks like her to understand it. Somin has reason for not being straightforward in her writing and poems. It allows people to interpret in their own sense and tell their own story. 

Somin is very humble, and low key. It is very sensitive for writer to release the book with hype that may end up with disappointment or misunderstanding. It could destroy the writer. They are very sensitive. 

Remember when Jaesuk was reading Somin's poem wrote when she was grade four. Sukjin tried to make a joke and it pissed Jong Kook out. He wants to hear more. He likes it a lot. He kept on commenting her poems. Kwangsoo said Jong kook doesn't like stuff like that. I think they are underestimating Jong Kook's intelligence and street smartness. I don't think Jong Kook is book smart, but he is very broad minded. He is a singer, singing sad but love ballad songs that has deep meaning to it. He knows the quality of it. He showed that he likes to write letters and notes. He is very romantic by nature. He is also deep thinker as analytical point of view. With Somin's thoughts, it will improve his way of thinking and expressing himself in deeper sense. That is what I think it is what attracts Jong Kook from Somin. He got to know her better beyond her image made by RM. Before, he hardly knew much about her.

About Somin's sad eyes, it reminds me of this quote by late Robin Williams: 

“I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless and they don't want anyone else to feel like that.”

Somin is like that. It makes her incredible. I think it is better for RM to help her to develop her personality more into her persona rather than shoving her into love frog or lovelines. I also notice that Jong Kook has been very supportive of Somin's poetic talent. He didn't say it directly but brings attention to it. He respond to her posts in teasing way. I mean almost every posts she made her poems. He called her crazy poet. And always reminded everyone about it. He took special attention when she reads her poem. His eyes looked at her with interest and seriousness. Usually he would look away to listen. But when she or anyone reading her poem, he looked at her with all intent. When Jaesuk was reading her poem, he listened attentively and snap at Sukjin for interrupting and negative comments. I dont think it is scripted. He is really upset. We learned a lot from MUD (away from his RM variety persona) that he likes to write and reading what his girlfriend wrote. He is very talkative and nags a lot. The way he said to Sechan when he brought him to boxing gym, he is very good talker. There is a side we didn't know about him. With Somin in the show, he decided to talk more about his real romantic self. He wasn't afraid to share it because Somin is there. It brings him comfort that she is there to explain his part. That is why they have become closer over the time other than just interaction. He has a lot of interactions with Jihyo and Jinyoung as loveline or not. I have seen spartace posts. There is a lot of skinship in the past between spartace. They have very siblings like vibes but I never notice romantic kind. i think differently. I was very attracted to Kook-min because of the way they talk to each other especially subjects and teamwork. If you combine it with MUD (reality show), you understand what Jong Kook really wants and like.  For Somin, she is still a mystery for now.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

37 minutes ago, JialingGO said:

I think they are underestimating Jong Kook's intelligence and street smartness. I don't think Jong Kook is book smart, but he is very broad minded. He is a singer, singing sad but love ballad songs that has deep meaning to it. He knows the quality of it. He showed that he likes to write letters and notes. He is very romantic by nature. He is also deep thinker as analytical point of view.

I would like to say that Jong Kook is actually book smart, he just didn't like to study when he was younger.

He went on to get a master's degree right before Running Man started and started to seriously study English when did his Military Service. 

I think his Chinese fans might still have the video up, but his old teachers often said that he was always in the top 5% of his grade. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, kukumarq1 said:

I would like to say that Jong Kook is actually book smart, he just didn't like to study when he was younger.

He went on to get a master's degree right before Running Man started and started to seriously study English when did his Military Service. 

I think his Chinese fans might still have the video up, but his old teachers often said that he was always in the top 5% of his grade. 

I see. He is not very verbal with his RM variety persona. He is more verbal in reality shows like MUD. He doesn't share it too much for my knowledge. So thanks for correcting me on that.

In MUD, teachers said he is more of average and hard working. They didn't say he didn't like to study much. They describe him more of a street smart. He develop his mind from real world rather than from institution itself. His brother is more of science and math kind of person which consider to be smart in general. Jong Kook is actually more for language and literature kind. One teacher said that he did well in Japanese class. When everyone was writing poems, Jong Kook, Somin, and HaHa had the least mistakes. It tell that Jong Kook has good sense of language and comprehension. 

I think he started to learn english when he took a break or retired from turbo. He studied english while living in LA when he was young. He reads english books and practice conversing with others for awhile. I didnt know he studied english during his military service. 

However, I think he had changed a lot when Somin came. He had to deal with a girl who talks a lot and deep thinker. You tend to change or express more when deal with someone who talks a lot. Somin said she likes to converse with someone with broad minded subjects or etc. Jong Kook is really a type of person she can talk to with purpose. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, JialingGO said:

I see. He is not very verbal with his RM variety persona. He is more verbal in reality shows like MUD. He doesn't share it too much for my knowledge. So thanks for correcting me on that.

In MUD, teachers said he is more of average and hard working. They didn't say he didn't like to study much. They describe him more of a street smart. He develop his mind from real world rather than from institution itself. His brother is more of science and math kind of person which consider to be smart in general. Jong Kook is actually more for language and literature kind. One teacher said that he did well in Japanese class. When everyone was writing poems, Jong Kook, Somin, and HaHa had the least mistakes. It tell that Jong Kook has good sense of language and comprehension. 

I think he started to learn english when he took a break or retired from turbo. He studied english while living in LA when he was young. He reads english books and practice conversing with others for awhile. I didnt know he studied english during his military service. 

However, I think he had changed a lot when Somin came. He had to deal with a girl who talks a lot and deep thinker. You tend to change or express more when deal with someone who talks a lot. Somin said she likes to converse with someone with broad minded subjects or etc. Jong Kook is really a type of person she can talk to with purpose. 

Yes, his bro is very smart which was why he didn't like to study when he was younger. He has said that his parents wanted him to go to medical school, and become a radiologist and were very angry when he wanted to be a singer instead.

He started to casually learn English when he was still in Turbo from Mikey's older brother who is a professor at Stanford University. 

And yes, he's very good at writing. He used to write weekly columns for a magazine back when he was promoting his 6th album. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

24 minutes ago, kukumarq1 said:

Yes, his bro is very smart which was why he didn't like to study when he was younger. He has said that his parents wanted him to go to medical school, and become a radiologist and were very angry when he wanted to be a singer instead.

He started to casually learn English when he was still in Turbo from Mikey's older brother who is a professor at Stanford University. 

And yes, he's very good at writing. He used to write weekly columns for a magazine back when he was promoting his 6th album. 

I see. My sources on Jong Kook is very limited. Thank for filling in up. It tells he has both street and book smart in equal sense. He has great sense of adapting to learn new things and see quality in it. That is why I see him more of street smart. My limited or lack of source probably contributed him to be less book smart. 

That is why RM wasn't very good at projecting person's real persona. That is why it seems to be frustrating to some of them. 

It is good that Jong Kook expand more jobs to different variety of shows- MUD, cranky brothers, and etc. It tells me that sticking to just RM isn't healthy. I think RM will need to have a gradual changes to build on member's real personality into their persona rather than creating it for them. I think they overdose somin with love frog and forced lovelines. I think she is willing to work with Sechan for screen time but I dont think she is enjoying it much because i think she is in torn. She is doing it with sechan with short amount of time, and disappeared into Jong kook's side. It was weird. Somin is deep thinker and she is looking for someone who can handle her personality and have open minded and broad conversation. You see them talking a lot together as part of their interaction in the background. 

Getting to know more about Jong kook made me realise that he and Somin have a lot in common despite having different personalities. I think it is what makes Kook-min so attractive in a way they worked together and hide behind the scenes (break time or talking to themselves). See how they always made each other laugh and walk together. Somin is warm and sentimental. Affectionate to the core. When I watch MUD, Jong Kook is actually very warm and affectionate especially with the girl he loves. His romantic side is something that surprised me. Because Korean in general aren't like that (Jaesuk, Kwangsoo, and Jihyo). It is nice to get to know smart side of Jong Kook. 

• Like 5