[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

i am happy the production team has given her a month's time to recover. hopefully, she will be back by the 500th episode. it could be months of accumulated fatigue in her case. 

kjk has been posting one ig story a day for the past three days.

was there really filming on tuesday? so was this from there, anyone can confirm? none of the articles i saw mentioned there was. anyway, kjk posted this on tuesday.

today is his niece's birthday. hope jsm's brother updates us about how she is doing. is there any other news from her agency or friends?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, YellowDress said:

Dont see the posts in that account, it will ruin your mood and get you angry. Too negative. There are a bunch of people who just can't accept that Somin is an essential member of RM and a ball of sunshine

It’s really hard to look at all the hate and not say something. We all know who the haters are and what they say but when we want to defend Somin and talk about how unfair it is they always say that we play the victim and they’re the innocent ones.

• Like 1

What i really respect jeon somin is..i never see her sleeping in the middle of shooting even she look really sleepy and tired..she also always make her appereance is please to watching...i think there is just one episode where i see she didnt dolled up..the kookmin clan ep..she was shooting top star yoo baek at that time...she always put effort to show fresh image..i never see her mess outfit or hairstyling during shooting running man...so profesional actress..

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Kat28 said:

It’s really hard to look at all the hate and not say something. We all know who the haters are and what they say but when we want to defend Somin and talk about how unfair it is they always say that we play the victim and they’re the innocent ones.

In my experience, if we reply their comments, it will burst your veins. They are so unreasonable and manipulative with negativity with annoying self righteous manner with BIG double standards you will be surprised that it really exist in this world and lifetime. 

I dont want another fan war because it has cause a lot of harm on Somin. It brews more hate even more that Somin's fans voiced concerns. But the more we express our concerns, the more they wanted to attack her. They wanted to destroy her fanbase and get her fired. So they have to push the buttons of Somin's fans really hard unless RM members and staff will take in action if it gets too serious. But it does hurt Somin's career and future offers because everything also applies globally. Somin's fans even expressed their concern over her going to Vietnam. There was a Facebook page filling up message to find a way to throw eggs or humiliate her. They gave a notice to Tiny in Facebook. For security reason, Somin cannot go to the airport in public to get photoshoot like the rest of the members for security reason. Did you see photographers come to take picture to post about Airport Fashion or trends? Jihyo seems to be sponsored because her jacket shows the name brand. Jong Kook for adidas but I dont think he was sponsored. But everyone had a chance to have photoshoot for trending, news, trends, fashion, or etc. It is really important for celebrities to have this kind of opportunity to get more sponsorship or etc. Sechan had to go with Somin since she cannot go alone. Sechan has little threat but he was there for Somin so she won't be alone. They two always go together for security reason. Somin missed the opportunity for her career and offers because of how the international fanbase perceive her. It will hurt her chances. Her agency can be at fault but it was sometimes us dealing with fan wars or etc. That is why we have to be careful and prove our point in another way. 

There is no way that will make things better if you reply to their comments. I only think we should give supportive and constructive comments to support her. Make more postings about her or comment in her fan page. Give constructive criticism if needed. Try to be reasonable and positive. Support RM as whole. If we support RM as whole, they will always protect the gem of the show that also kept the show going and bringing everyone together. 

Haters' comments are very obnoxious and everyone can see through their comments. They are not good for RM, but companies have to take precaution to promote someone. 

It is unfair but it is reality. We can share how we can help overcome the hate comments and avoid fan war. If you see any somin fans trying to defend, just DM to let it go or tell them it may not be worth it but be cautious. I dont know what is the best way, but feel free to share advice and points. 

Sorry it is not about Kook-min. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sominangel said:

What i really respect jeon somin is..i never see her sleeping in the middle of shooting even she look really sleepy and tired..she also always make her appereance is please to watching...i think there is just one episode where i see she didnt dolled up..the kookmin clan ep..she was shooting top star yoo baek at that time...she always put effort to show fresh image..i never see her mess outfit or hairstyling during shooting running man...so profesional actress..

I dont know about between shots. But I think she did have moments of rest during break or etc. She almost fell asleep in Japan with Jaesuk and Sukjin. It is just editing. 

Somin is very hyper and hardworking. And she really shows it every step of the way. 

For example, Jihyo had to take a nap between shots- the editors made a new nickname for her sleeping in the car which gave her new nickname for sleeping between and unusual places. It creates her persona naturally. Jihyo gave a lot to RM especially early days. She had several fainting spells because her agency were always fighting with RM to fill her schedule. Her schedule were packed. She was very exhausted and almost faint in the show. It was very hard on her in the past. Jihyo also has a condition that her body needs a lot of rest and sleep. She can sleep for 48 hours. If she didn't sleep for two' days, she will sleep for two days or all day. Her mom had to put her favourite food under her nose to wake her up. One time RM had a medical check up for the show, doctor said Jihyo needs sleep. When she sleeps, better not to wake her up. Her body needs it otherwise she cannot function well and harm her long term health. Sleep is one of the diagnosis Jihyo needs. She only sleeps when she has a break. RM editors show it to create a persona for her. They have around 5 hours or longer shooting for a day or two. 

Everyone in RM are professional but there is a need the PD will let them rest. They have editing. They have to take care of the team. Somin has a very bright personality and very energetic. And how many screen times she has to have that kind of energy. She is amazing. She is works hard. She shed her image that she had to wear beard and crazy wig and makeups. She charmed Jong Kook's heart that he revealed that he finds female comedians charming. They were in topic about dating, relationship, and cheesy lines. Jong Kook said in the morning that SOmin is a comedian as a joke that she is like following Kwangsoo's path. 

I love Somin's natural wits and sense of humour. Her humour works so well with Jong Kook that she surprises him several times. HaHa and Kwangsoo were shocked and loved her jokes and brazen humour with Jong Kook. Kook-min became closer and became weird together that they always give appreciation to each other that made others cringe. Kook-min is weird, classy, and lovely. 

There is nothing wrong in your comment, but we have to be more humane because it is very painful to see member getting overworked and slept less. Pls dont get offended. I made comments like that before. And saw Jihyo and Somin going through this, it is too much. It was very gruelling journey as korean celebrity. Jihyo had experience of over exhaustion in the past. She has my very respect but I dont want her to go through this again to gain my respect. That goes with Somin too. The thing is that, the haters kept on saying that Somin doesn't have a job beside RM, and why does she needs hiatus. The hospital news may be just cover up to have more trends and pity for her. That is one of the reason i hate about haters. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JialingGO said:

I dont know about between shots. But I think she did have moments of rest during break or etc. She almost fell asleep in Japan with Jaesuk and Sukjin. It is just editing. 

Somin is very hyper and hardworking. And she really shows it every step of the way. 

About Jihyo had to take a nap between shots- the editors made a new nickname for her sleeping in the car which gave her new nickname for sleeping between and unusual places. It creates her persona naturally. You have to understand that Jihyo gave a lot to RM especially early days. She had several fainting spells because her agency were always fighting with RM to fill her schedule. Her schedule were packed. She was very exhausted and almost faint in the show. It was very hard on her in the past. Jihyo also has a condition that her body needs a lot of rest and sleep. She can sleep for 48 hours. If she didn't sleep for two' days, she will sleep for two days or all day. Her mom had to put her favourite food under her nose to wake her up. One time RM had a medical check up for the show, doctor said Jihyo needs sleep. When she sleeps, better not to wake her up. Her body needs it otherwise she cannot function well and harm her long term health. Sleep is one of the diagnosis Jihyo needs. She only sleeps when she has a break. RM editors show it to create a persona for her. They have around 5 hours or longer shooting for a day or two. 

Everyone in RM are professional but there is a need the PD will let them rest. They have editing. They have to take care of the team. Somin has a very bright personality and very energetic. And how many screen times she has to have that kind of energy. She is amazing. She is works hard. She shed her image that she had to wear beard and crazy wig and makeups. She charmed Jong Kook's heart that he revealed that he finds female charming. They were in topic about dating, relationship, and cheesy lines. 

I love Somin's natural wits and sense of humour. Her humour works so well with Jong Kook that she surprises him several times. HaHa and Kwangsoo were shocked and loved her jokes and brazen humour with Jong Kook. Kook-min became closer and because weird together that they always give appreciation to each other that made others cringe. Kook-min is weird, classy, and lovely. 

I just state my opinion and no intention to comparing her with other members..

8 minutes ago, Sominangel said:

I just state my opinion and no intention to comparing her with other members..

I am at fault and that is why i edited my post. 

I am sorry to offend you. I state about Jihyo as an example. Somin's situation was like Jihyo's before. They could have died from exhaustion. And the industry is not taking precaution about it. 

Sorry if I offended you. But I just want to raise the awareness that they should sleep when needed or between shots. We dont know what is going on. But I hope we just stand to support them and give them more love they needed. These things are serious and scary. They really should set the standard not to overlap the schedule, and payment to allow them to work full time. RM. is like full time because the shooting takes two days non stop. It is hard  and time consuming. 

I get very sensitive about that kind that it may not be true of Somin never sleeps between the shots. If she has not, she better do. 

Please dont get offended. It is my fault but I thought it is good to understand Jihyo's story that she had napping persona. Nothing to compare which I didn't intend to do. I wish I could have explain it better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JialingGO said:

It is unfair but it is reality. We can share how we can help overcome the hate comments and avoid fan war. If you see any somin fans trying to defend, just DM to let it go or tell them it may not be worth it but be cautious. I dont know what is the best way, but feel free to share advice and points. 

Sorry it is not about Kook-min. 

That why i am ignore the haters, let it a dog a bark, it no use to answers the haters. Just ignore them. I am agree with you 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JialingGO said:

I am at fault and that is why i edited my post. 

I am sorry to offend you. I state about Jihyo as an example. Somin's situation was like Jihyo's before. They could have died from exhaustion. And the industry is not taking precaution about it. 

Sorry if I offended you. But I just want to raise the awareness that they should sleep when needed or between shots. We dont know what is going on. But I hope we just stand to support them and give them more love they needed. These things are serious and scary. They really should set the standard not to overlap the schedule, and payment to allow them to work full time. RM. is like full time because the shooting takes two days non stop. It is hard  and time consuming. 

I get very sensitive about that kind that it may not be true of Somin never sleeps between the shots. If she has not, she better do. 

Please dont get offended. It is my fault but I thought it is good to understand Jihyo's story that she had napping persona. Nothing to compare which I didn't intend to do. I wish I could have explain it better. 

thank you for those words. i really admire you for seeing the good in every rm member and in every situation. i hardly see you talk negatively of anyone even when some of us feel frustrated with things. keep up the spirit. that is very inspiring!

i too feel sjh has contributed a lot to rm. nobody can deny how hard she worked on the show in the early years when it was hard even for the male members. i know some sjh fans are really annoying, but let's give credit to sjh where it is due. jsm herself said after working on her drama while filming rm how her respect for lks and sjh had gone up. rm is not at all as physically exhausting as compared to how it used to be earlier, so for jsm to acknowledge that shows she knows how hard it must have been. i feel sjh too can help jsm cope as she gets older when she has to film both drama and RM together. as they work on the show together, they will start understanding each other better and learn from the other person. i don't think what fans or antis say matter in that process.

i see a lot of confusion because there are fans wondering how jsm can be fatigued when her schedule only has RM. may be the reports did a bad job explaining that part. i saw an mbn news report that said jsm was in the middle of finalizing her new projects, but luckily, filming had not started because of the virus outbreak. so at the moment, she only needs to free up her rm schedule to recover from accumulated fatigue.

if her body was in a weak condition and she is thinking of filming a drama after a month, sure she needs rest

https://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?year=2020&no=345192&refer=portal

the initial report mentioned jsm could be hospitalized for two days. however, the one which soompi translated which looks like a later report says jsm has been advised to rest at home. so wonder if she missed the tuesday schedule because she was hospitalized. 

this has been unfortunately the case with rm members for a long time. even when they get hospitalized or injured, sometimes that gets downplayed so that the tone of the variety shows they participate in doesn't get affected. 

"But we don't have time to recover. If we get seriously injured, that gets edited out. There are things we just can't talk about, since making others laugh is our priority."  

jsm has been working on the show for three years now and there could be a lot of added mental exhaustion because her character is that of the bright and positive happy virus. playing that character may have been easier in the first two years because rm had been such a big break for her and the overall happiness she felt in experiencing something new  though strenuous must have reflected in how she played her role. but after a while, it must have become harder to pull off all that brightness when she herself must have been feeling low because of various reasons. she must have still tried to do justice to her bright character but perhaps that meant drawing on resources she didn't possess as before. so, i feel some of the accumulated fatigue could be a result of mental exhaustion. because of the indoor shooting that the covid situation has forced on the rm team and perhaps as part of the changes the new pd has brought in, rm has become a bit more physical than it used to be last year. if jsm was already feeling exhausted, it would have added to her fatigue. so everything considered, it is good if she can take some much needed rest.

this is from the papago translate of the news article which says jsm must be the most upset right now because she is used to being bright and positive. 

"Also, with regard to the schedule, Jeon was in the middle of discussing the upcoming works and was not in the immediate process of filming with Corona19, the official said, "Fortunately, there are no problems with the schedule except for 'Running Man.' Jeon So-min will be hospitalized for another day or two to relax, then he will be released from the hospital and rest. However, he also expressed concern, saying, "Since Jeon is a bright and positive friend, I think he will be the most upset right now."

so we can only wait patiently for her and let her know that while we miss her, we want her to heal completely and come back with a positive and healthy frame of mind. i hope because of this, jsm will also realise that in order not to burden others, she shouldn't ignore signs of fatigue pushing it all away under her bright smile , but should take proper rest and nutrition. i am pretty sure the older rm members who have gone through much of this in their long rm career will be of help to her at this point. it will also be an opportunity for the members and pds to understand her better, so that next time she displays some signs of exhaustion, they would also know they have to tell her to take it easy. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

No special guest is expected to replace Jeon. While "Running Man" plays games with guests every week, it is unlikely that a special guest will be added to fill Jeon's seat.

Jeon So-min said, "I think Jeon's heart will be heavier than anything else. I'm sorry that I haven't done this in my career, so my agency is also very sorry," he said. "There are a lot of things that I'm preparing for, so I'm very sorry."

Upon hearing the news from Jeon, netizens are sending messages of support such as "Have a good rest," "Always take care of your health," "Hurry up," and "I miss you."

http://www.ggilbo.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=758145#0BJz

• Like 4
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, YellowDress said:

Thanks @kookminclan RunningMan 

I hope this means JSM has a drama or acting project in the pipeline. 

i too feel so, that may be one reason she is taking this long a break to recover completely.

her agency was also pretty responsible this time around reporting on time and not creating any confusion.

i am also looking forward to this week. last week, there was lots of editing out too. jsm was almost always around kjk when he was ripping tags. first time kjk rips the tag, jsm is the one who gets the name tag. next time, right before sjh lures in zico, one can see jsm walking around, so she was in the same hall where kjk was. third time, she is standing close to the wall when he is taking down zico and others. last time when he goes looking for name tags and rips it off the male guest, jsm comes in seconds after kjk leaves that spot.

• Like 7

@kookminclan RunningMan I just follow him on IG only recently. So, I don't know JK's habit. Is it a rare occurance for him to update insta story everyday? And have he ever update on RM filming day? Because I do feel this is unusual of him but I don't want to make a big deal of it if it is something he normally do.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

@kookminclan RunningMan I just follow him on IG only recently. So, I don't know JK's habit. Is it a rare occurance for him to update insta story everyday? And have he ever update on RM filming day? Because I do feel this is unusual of him but I don't want to make a big deal of it if it is something he normally do.

He doesn't normally update his ig on all filming days, but the days he posts, he usually posts pics, not ig stories. last year, he used to be very active on ig posting lots of stories. the first time i saw him post a spate of ig stories almost every day was when he went to canada and LA last year. that was an interesting time for me as a shipper because he normally didn't bother to update his whereabouts when he was in his second home LA. his friends used to post more about what he was doing. it was coincidental that jsm posted melancholy posts around that time - like that of the clouded sky and confessions melting in the heat. if so min means bright sky, then perhaps clouded sky means sad jsm? i don't know. what was interesting was the moment kjk came back on sns, he tagged jsm on his reply to haha's birthday message to lks. in that, haha had promised to walk together holding lks' hands even in the dark. kjk told jsm she should learn how to write from haha. this was the jeon chakka pre-fanboy days. :P

last year was just awesome for us shippers because of their sns interactions. my favorite was of course kjk dropping comment after comment watching jsm's ig live when he was on his way to his gym. he was like dissing her calling her ig live boring, her singing not good enough until she started singing his song. then he was all 'jsm pass'. jsm got fed up in between and was telling him to go exercise, like 'stop pestering me'.  ah, those days!  i was just watching jsm's old ig live with her brother this year and just missed kjk's bratty comments. she does so many weird things there like at some points, you can only see a bit of her hair because she is sitting down. it seriously called for kjk's comments.

anyway, i don't know what is the reason for kjk's daily updates these days, may be he can't go out as much because of the virus situation, but just found that trend interesting. since last saturday, he has been updating quite a lot more than he has been doing. from this tuesday, it is one update per day. today's update is about him watching some netflix show.

actually, kookmin indirect sns interaction started long back. i believe it started with kjk liking hwanjine's post wishing jsm happy birthday in 2018. sadly,  hwan jin has pd deleted that post now possibly because of hate comments. it was of jsm in her parrot costume. perhaps some old jsm fans may remember it. hwan jin pd posted it around 12 in korea and kjk liked it just seconds later. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

59 minutes ago, kookminclan RunningMan said:

my favorite was of course kjk dropping comment after comment watching jsm's ig live when he was on his way to his gym. he was like dissing her calling her ig live boring, her singing not good enough until she started singing his song. then he was all 'jsm pass'. jsm got fed up in between and was telling him to go exercise, like 'stop pestering me'

Ahh good times indeed. And he really paid a lot of attention during that live too despite all his noise because jsm did tell the guys watching it to always tell the females around them that they are pretty, and that we like hearing it. And look who has been taking notes in the complimenting department. Wonder how much he compliments her off screen if he is this vocal on screen lol.

The cutest leap or should I say development in kookmin's relationship for me came with KJK's appreciation for Somin's book. When I heard she was releasing one, I didn't even think it would be possible for any kookmin interactions to come off it, I was just happy she was doing something she always wanted to do. Never expected kjk to be a ride or die for the book lol. It made me appreciate him so much more especially as a Somin fan. The way he supports her is just beautiful. Before any other thing, I cherish their friendship. Seeing the book lying so casually on his couch was so cute. I like how interested he is in her mind, and I think the book gave him a free view of what exactly it is goes on in the head of Jeon So Min and who would gave guessed (well, all of us kookmin shippers), he loves it. He's shamelessly a fanboy of writer jeon and her mind and I shamelessly love him for it lol.

Hope my baby sominnie rests well and comes back stronger and brighter and with new projects for us to gush over. Her new hair colour is so pretty, ugh her mind!! She looks so gorgeous with it. I just want to wrap her and put her in my pocket. I'm sad she will be missing for some episodes but I took lks absence like a champ, I'll take this one like that too. I can imagine the members suddenly becoming bright and cute to compensate for JSM's temporary absence lmao. Cute kwangsoo will definitely get attacked by yjs lol. But I won't mind seeing cute kookie making an appearance again lol.

• Like 4
  • Love 6