[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

:heart: Welcome to the Kookmin Clan thread - home for all things Kim Jongkook + Jeon Somin :heart:

Jeon+So+Min+Invites+Kim+Jong+Kook+to+%25

Resources*:

* Let me know if you know of any other channels/accounts and I'll link them here!

Guidelines to happy sailing

• Just like the RM members all love and have fun with each other, let's have fun talking about our ship without bashing other RM members/ships. 
  • At the end of the day we just want KJK and JSM to be happy, whether as a romantic couple or as friends, it's all good ^^ 
Edited by Viki Admin
added new resources!
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

The most exciting recent developments in the Kookmin world:

Ep 449 (aired on 28 April): 

• Somin's parents at Jongkook's concert, and Jongkook making an impression on Somin's mum
  • Members teasing Jongkook about his comments on Somin's SNS  and their SNS chemistry 

Jongkook commenting on Somin's instagram (24 April), presumably AFTER the filming for Ep 449:

u62wkHA.jpg

Jongkook being actively flirty despite the teasing by the members previously? :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Yay! A place to talk kookmin. Thank you @minahnoona for the thread!

For those of you not yet exposed to the magical charms of kookmin, I second the recommendation to let yourself get lost in the videos of @kookminclan RunningMan  They're the perfect intro to the funny, exciting, adorably up-and-down-then-up-again chronicles of kookmin: two very different people whom no one expected to get close, but over two+ gradual years did just that. You think you're tuning in for pirate barrel games and occasional name tag ripping, but out of nowhere, comes a love and friendship story that takes you by surprise.

Here's how it all started as interpreted by @kookminclan RunningMan

• Like 7

For anyone who wants to share, I have a couple of general questions about how kookmin fans got into "kookmin."

- How long have you been watching Running Man?

- What made you first notice the on-screen chemistry of "kookmin"?

I've been watching RM for about 5 years. I was a casual fan of it for a while. But I got more enthusiastic about it once Jeon Somin joined. I love the early episodes, but it's hard to keep up the energy and inventiveness of a show that's as long-running as RM. Once Somin joined, however, the show got a new spark, and I was amazed at how the show felt revitalized to me. So, I was Jeon Somin fan first, and noticed what she did on the show more than anything else.

The first "kookmin" moment I noticed after Somin became a permanent member was in ep. 372, when they role-played dating scenarios. They were all wearing pink sweatshirts, and Ji Suk Jin got really absorbed in JSM's and KJK's roleplay. Their roleplay was cute and JSJ getting more excited than I'd seen in a long time was also ridiculously cute. I really liked how new, unexpected things happened when KJK and JSM were put together.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, kirbee b said:

Thanks for joining! I've been watching RM for a long while, but haven't been following too regularly before Somin joined as other shows took precedence. Separately, i became a fan of Somin since the show 1% of Something, and after enjoying her variety appearances on Knowing Brother, and her previous guestings on RM, so i was super duper excited to see that Somin became a cast member! She and Sechan have been a breath of fresh air, and I think Somin was appreciative of having her bestie together with her. RM has become my staple since then.  

Other than the power kookmin moments (like when he jumped in the water for her, and the few couple sketches), i hadn't really thought about kookmin as a possibility, having been watching with the frame of kwangmin in mind (up to that famous announcement LOL). After that announcement, I moved on from Kwangmin as a romantic ship (since both of them seem happy enough after Kwangsoo went public with Lee Sunbin) and just enjoyed them as maknae line bffs - even now i find it charming that Kwangsoo knows so much about Somin (like being the first to recognise her birthday, or recognising her poem on instagram). 

Also Somin is a chemistry generator - she literally can strike sparks with so many people just by being herself and i enjoy all her interactions with all the members, like how the other Oppas clearly adore her, and she has found herself a solid place in the Yu line. So I didn't really take particular notice of Kookmin.  So Kookmin didn't really enter my mind until i saw a video from the amazing @kookminclan RunningMan that made me go hmmmmmm. And now i'm obsessed TT. 

I think that Somin has always found Jongkook attractive, and she has said before that she is his fan and knows a lot of his songs. Here's a selection of Somin feeling up Jongkook or wanting to see Jongkook's body: 

Exhibit 1 - she wanted to put Jongkook in a suit that would have a cut out to show his chest and abs! Naughty Somin had to be reminded of the show's rating of 12+ LOL

Exhibit 2: Somin suddenly felt up Jongkook's biceps as their 2 gangs were having a stand-off in the cafe

• Like 5

Jongkook being a protective Oppa in the video here at the RM fanmeet in Taipei - i feel bad for Somin that she had to play the balloon popping game with a total stranger, and they had a hard time popping it. You can see Jongkook come up to check on them once, and when they repositioned the balloon and tried again, he came up again and helped to discreetly pop it. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoxdnKflLMp/

With Hong Jinyoung putting her on-screen loveline with Jongkook to rest in a radio appearance in mid April, the recent kookmin SNS activity, and the talk about Somin's mother, does anyone else have the feeling that he is laying the ground and getting RM fans and the public prepared so that no one is surprised when an announcement does come? 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, fasha mamat said:

If any of you guys watching latest episode, Joong kook join Haha & Somin team. Soo cute when the PD make the slow motion when Somin go to JK to welcome him... 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxIAzFyBI3p/?igshid=14zbvme6rakim

Thanks for the link! Jongkook very quickly made the decision to join Haha & Somin after Sechan made his choice, by saying "i'll go over there as there's a woman in that team" (to balance out the genders supposedly hehe) instead of playing scissors per stone again with Jihyo to decide next. And he walked straight to Somin when he went to join the group :wub: 

Also him teasing Somin about being called baby ("aga") instead of babe ("aegi" which apparently some guys call their girlfriends) lol. He just can't help himself lately eh? 

• Like 4

On 5/3/2019 at 10:47 AM, minahnoona said:

:heart: Welcome to the Kookmin Clan thread - home for all things Kim Jongkook + Jeon Somin :heart:

Resources*:

* Let me know if you know of any other channels/accounts and I'll link them here!

Guidelines to happy sailing

• Just like the RM members all love and have fun with each other, let's have fun talking about our ship without bashing other RM members/ships. 
  • At the end of the day we just want KJK and JSM to be happy, whether as a romantic couple or as friends, it's all good ^^ 
On 5/6/2019 at 9:02 AM, minahnoona said:

Thanks for joining! I've been watching RM for a long while, but haven't been following too regularly before Somin joined as other shows took precedence. Separately, i became a fan of Somin since the show 1% of Something, and after enjoying her variety appearances on Knowing Brother, and her previous guestings on RM, so i was super duper excited to see that Somin became a cast member! She and Sechan have been a breath of fresh air, and I think Somin was appreciative of having her bestie together with her. RM has become my staple since then.  

Other than the power kookmin moments (like when he jumped in the water for her, and the few couple sketches), i hadn't really thought about kookmin as a possibility, having been watching with the frame of kwangmin in mind (up to that famous announcement LOL). After that announcement, I moved on from Kwangmin as a romantic ship (since both of them seem happy enough after Kwangsoo went public with Lee Sunbin) and just enjoyed them as maknae line bffs - even now i find it charming that Kwangsoo knows so much about Somin (like being the first to recognise her birthday, or recognising her poem on instagram). 

Also Somin is a chemistry generator - she literally can strike sparks with so many people just by being herself and i enjoy all her interactions with all the members, like how the other Oppas clearly adore her, and she has found herself a solid place in the Yu line. So I didn't really take particular notice of Kookmin.  So Kookmin didn't really enter my mind until i saw a video from the amazing @kookminclan RunningMan that made me go hmmmmmm. And now i'm obsessed TT. 

I think that Somin has always found Jongkook attractive, and she has said before that she is his fan and knows a lot of his songs. Here's a selection of Somin feeling up Jongkook or wanting to see Jongkook's body: 

Exhibit 1 - she wanted to put Jongkook in a suit that would have a cut out to show his chest and abs! Naughty Somin had to be reminded of the show's rating of 12+ LOL

Exhibit 2: Somin suddenly felt up Jongkook's biceps as their 2 gangs were having a stand-off in the cafe

• Like 2

On 5/3/2019 at 1:34 PM, minahnoona said:

The most exciting recent developments in the Kookmin world:

Ep 449 (aired on 28 April): 

• Somin's parents at Jongkook's concert, and Jongkook making an impression on Somin's mum
  • Members teasing Jongkook about his comments on Somin's SNS  and their SNS chemistry 

Jongkook commenting on Somin's instagram (24 April), presumably AFTER the filming for Ep 449:

u62wkHA.jpg

Jongkook being actively flirty despite the teasing by the members previously? :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 5/6/2019 at 12:07 AM, kirbee b said:

For anyone who wants to share, I have a couple of general questions about how kookmin fans got into "kookmin."

I've been watching RM for about 5 years. I was a casual fan of it for a while. But I got more enthusiastic about it once Jeon Somin joined. I love the early episodes, but it's hard to keep up the energy and inventiveness of a show that's as long-running as RM. Once Somin joined, however, the show got a new spark, and I was amazed at how the show felt revitalized to me. So, I was Jeon Somin fan first, and noticed what she did on the show more than anything else.

The first "kookmin" moment I noticed after Somin became a permanent member was in ep. 372, when they role-played dating scenarios. They were all wearing pink sweatshirts, and Ji Suk Jin got really absorbed in JSM's and KJK's roleplay. Their roleplay was cute and JSJ getting more excited than I'd seen in a long time was also ridiculously cute. I really liked how new, unexpected things happened when KJK and JSM were put together.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Does anyone recall which episode was it when Jongkook and Somin did a roleplay with Jongkook showing off his cheesy lines for messaging a love interest? Something about messaging each other and staying awake at night, I don't quite remember the dialogue. 

Thanks! ^^

• Like 4

3 hours ago, minahnoona said:

Does anyone recall which episode was it when Jongkook and Somin did a roleplay with Jongkook showing off his cheesy lines for messaging a love interest? Something about messaging each other and staying awake at night, I don't quite remember the dialogue. 

Thanks! ^^

I'm not sure is this the right way to respond, or should l click a new section, still new to soompi.  Anyway, the episode you are interested in is ep 372.  One of my fav section, so informative, and l don't think kjk was lying.

• Like 3
  • Love 1