[Drama 2019] Welcome 2 Life, 웰컴2라이프

0ly40

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[HanCinema's News] Rain and Lim Ji-yeon Praised for Strong Chemistry on "Welcome 2 Life"

photo1089402.jpg

"Welcome 2 Life" has attracted strong positive attention for the chemistry between its leads. In the drama Rain plays Jae-sang and Lim Ji-yeon Si-on, ex-lovers and law professionals who have become bitter rivals at court. But once the drama's fantasy conceit kicks in, we also see an alternate version of the couple that never split up and is raising a daughter together.

Viewers of the drama have been impressed both by how effectively the actors have conveyed the sexual tension of ex-lovers and also at how this dynamic is similarly plausibly explored in the context of a successful loving relationship. Of particular note is how both characters have dominant personalities. To make the relationship work, Rain's character has to take on the passive role in the relationship, doing domestic work while his wife continues at her job.

This intriguing twist to the antagonistic lovers archetype coupled with the strong chemistry and overall concept of the drama is improving the position of "Welcome 2 Life". At this rate it seems likely the drama will at minimum outperform Rain's other more recent work in terms of ratings and reception, although this is a low bar to clear.

Written by William Schwartz

"Welcome 2 Life" is directed by Kim Geun-hong, Shim Soo-yeon, written by Yoo Hee-kyeong, and features Rain, Lim Ji-yeon, Kwak Si-yang, Han Sang-jin, Hong Jin-gi, Park Shin-ah. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/08/05~Now airing, Mon, Tue 21:00 on MBC.

KBS, MBC, SBS to cut down on TV series production

Three major television broadcasts ― KBS, MBC, SBS ― are poised to stop airing primetime TV series for Mondays and Tuesday nights, due to fiscal deficits.

Monday from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. has been considered the primetime slot for TV series for decades. However, the fiscal deficit had led the top three major broadcasters' decision to let go of primetime series production to find alternative programs to lessen their financial burden.

MBC was the first to announce the plan to scrap TV series for the Monday and Tuesday primetime slots. Its first attempt to avoid the primetime TV series competition came with adjusting the TV listings and airing their drama an hour before the regular time slot, starting in May. The investigative journalism program "Straight," and "Truestory" has been replacing the weekend 11 p.m. time slot.

Last month, the network revealed that it will no longer air TV dramas on Mondays and Tuesdays, ending with the drama "Welcome 2 Life," which started to air Monday.

The decision to cut down on TV series production comes from the networks attempt to survive through the enormous financial deficits they are facing.

The operating loss for MBC last year was 123.7 billion won ($102 million) which is 80.6 billion won ($ 66 million) higher than the previous year.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

what is a life worth living…

w2l.jpg?w=620

I checked out Welcome 2 Life out of curiosity and I gotta say it is one of Rain’s better dramas in a long while. Well, it is too early to comment really but I was eagerly waiting for Episode 2 after watching the first one. The theme is not uncommon in dramaland since there have been plenty about alternate, parallel worlds – What if you have lived your life differently? What if you had made different decisions? What if you could live your life differently? What if you could make different choices?

The first two ( technically four) episodes drove home the point that what you truly value in life matters but sometimes, we get derailed and distracted from our path by ambition, greed and wealth. Rain’s character, Lee Jae Sang, is one such individual. He realises a tad too late that life is not about chasing success… but he gets a second chance when he is hurtled into an alternate, parallel world where he gets to right the wrongs he committed in a case and save the life of a young woman he had failed to save in the real world.

Jae Sang’s reflections of his real life as he lives his parallel life in a just, righteous manner is what evoke thought and meaning. He gets to experience what he is missing in his real life – a happy family with a loving wife, defending the weak and wronged, and living a honest, upright life. He would have been able to return a daughter to a father alive and well instead of a bloody corpse. It hits him full force the impact and consequences of his actions and decisions when he experiences in his parallel life what could have happened if he had done right in his real life.

Also, I really liked how Jae Sang used his “insider” knowledge gained from his real life to handle the baddies in his parallel life. He maiximises his intelligence and wit to beat them, which is true to his character… only that he was using his brains to work for the rich and corrupted in the real world.

All in all, a good start to the drama. And it’s great seeing Rain portraying such an interesting character.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/08/08/what-is-a-life-worth-living/

Rain Finds Himself In A Hilariously Painful Alternate Reality In New Drama “Welcome 2 Life”

4b889c0d948c47d7a6f7c957a1099ad2.jpeg?s=

MBC’s new drama “Welcome 2 Life” has shared an amusing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“Welcome 2 Life,” which premiered at the top of its time slot last week, is a new romantic comedy about a selfish lawyer named Lee Jae Sang (played by Rain), who gets sucked into a parallel universe after an accident and finds himself transformed into an upright prosecutor.

On August 9, the drama unveiled hilarious new stills of Lee Jae Sang adjusting to life in his alternate reality. Although the first photo shows prosecutor Lee Jae Sang looking serious as he begins a formal questioning, he quickly finds himself caught between an angry man and woman, both of whom have grabbed him by his hair.

Rain1.jpgWelcome-2-Life-2.jpg

Just when Lee Jae Sang thinks he’s finally escaped the pain and humiliation of being dragged around by his hair, the other man triumphantly grabs him by the hair once again—this time from behind—while wearing a gleeful expression.

Spoiler

Welcome-2-Life-3.jpg

To find out how exactly Lee Jae Sang finds himself caught up in such a painful ordeal, tune in to the next episode of “Welcome 2 Life” on August 12 at 8:55 p.m. KST!

In the meantime, you can catch up on the latest episode of the drama below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

Okay there is the first kiss.  They are making progress.  So much chemistry with OTP.  They are like a real couple.  :love:
After seeing Lee Jae Sang in the possible coma, I wonder if it’s Ra Shi On who came and stayed by his bedside and caused LJS’s new reality??

Another A List drama to watch — Omy my Rain is getting level up in acting! I love his sketch and I want more of that character but this proves he can give more — he can be sexy, romantic, another is crying out his heart.

As for the story line reminds me of Beating Again since he’s the writer too! However, this is not just improved by way better! Ji Yeon wow a beautiful badass and my so cute and realistically acted! I love her acting 3000 and Kwak Si Young! he’s really better and shining as second lead! 

Archived