Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] And The Winner is Love 月上重火

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

Hi everybody. I'm just dropping by - to see how the discussions are shaping up!:lol:

 

Hi Rosierosie.  Long time no see.  Since "Winter Begonia" ??   For me, this drama starts after ep 12. That's when the story starts to take  concrete shape and warms up. Before that, I was just like you - wondering if I should continue.  It is a story with a slow start.  So - be patient

 

Hi Reverie, I love your rants:w00t:.  Ep 21 sure makes one feels that way.  I agree. Feng Zi is one annoying character, isn't she
 

  Hide contents

 

1) If she really loves SGT so much, she should reveal the Truth. She planned the whole thing of getting SGT drunk and then crept into bed with him.  He was drunk and slept through the whole incident:  didn't know nor do anything.  Yet she remained silent when he was wrongly accused, humiliated by her father and the entire sect, chased out and "hunted".  After he left them, they tried to annihilate him. Love?  My foot 

2) No Backbone: She is not only brainless, she is "boneless".  She kept listening to that Female Master of hers. Cannot make her own decision. Agree to marry her "Ta Si Siong" and then back out of the marriage on the wedding day. And now that "Ta Si Siong" of hers is going completely "Dark".

 

 

 

  Hide contents

Nat_93:  Completely agree with you.  1)  SGT should not have gone back to that place.  Bad & Lazy Scriptwriting.  2) And how could the FL just doubt him like that. After what they have gone through together. If she doubts him, at least double-check with her "Second Father" first, shouldn't she?  Stupid Scriptwriting.  3) SGT should have clarified everything to the FL before entering into a relationship with her. (But then, we would not have a drama, would we?^_^)

 

Spoiler

Right?! She was completely ready to doubt him. She has a low self esteem and since he decided to open his heart to her back in the moon sect I didn’t feel she was completely ready or “in”, she seemed a little dreamy to me, like all that would fade by the time she wakes up in the morning and he would reject her again. When she arrived at the engagement party and heard all that things Fengzi’s father said she knew he was hiding something and when that something exploded she didn’t even think twice, she was never 100% with him in first place, she was ready to everything go wrong and her love fantasy come to a end. Urgh, I really hope she can open her eyes, believe in herself and stop taking into so very high account what people say, she needs to think for herself, all the things she gone through with him should make her at least give him the chance to explain, he said very clearly “it’s not true”. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nat_93 said:
  Hide contents

Right?! She was completely ready to doubt him. She has a low self esteem and since he decided to open his heart to her back in the moon sect I didn’t feel she was completely ready or “in”, she seemed a little dreamy to me, like all that would fade by the time she wakes up in the morning and he would reject her again. When she arrived at the engagement party and heard all that things Fengzi’s father said she knew he was hiding something and when that something exploded she didn’t even think twice, she was never 100% with him in first place, she was ready to everything go wrong and her love fantasy come to a end. Urgh, I really hope she can open her eyes, believe in herself and stop taking into so very high account what people say, she needs to think for herself, all the things she gone through with him should make her at least give him the chance to explain, he said very clearly “it’s not true”. 

 

 

Nat_93, You are absolutely right again.  Actually SGT is very pathetic.

Spoiler

When the incident with Feng Zi happened, FZ's father destroyed SGT's martial arts first before kicking him out of the Sword Manor.  Not enough, he sent a few assassins after him - to finish him off.  That's why when 2nd Father found/saved him, he was at his last breath already.  Almost died. He has gone through Hell and back.

 

Because of this, and of course his problems with his family (father & step-mother) too, SGT is very reluctant (even afraid) to give his Heart to anyone. Which is why he refused CXZ's (FL) affections in the first place.  SGT is someone who kept things close to his heart.  But when he accepts someone, he gives his all.  He does not mind what people think of him - except the one he loves.  So CXZ really hurts him this time.  But he is such a perceptive person.  He understood that CXZ is angry with him because he did not tell her

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hush puppy hey you're back^^!!!!! I guess I"ll keep on watching since you mentioned the story picks up after ep 12 :).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kind of story telling strikes me as 'old school'. There is not much 'happening' but the whole plot seems to be told instead. That is one way to do it... I guess? 

If this drama wouldn't be translated, I would for sure understand nothing. From some dramas, you still get what happenes even if you only understand 5% of what is being talked about but in this drama, we would all be lost. 

 

I don't know if I like it or not... For now I am not a big fan of how this whole drama is unfolding but I must admit I started skipping a lot and that really is not helping at all. I am still trying to determain if it is worth getting into it and starting from the beginning, without skipping. Does not help that iqiyi subs are quite bad...

 

Luo Yun Xi lookin fine thooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kenny said:

This kind of story telling strikes me as 'old school'. There is not much 'happening' but the whole plot seems to be told instead. That is one way to do it... I guess? 

If this drama wouldn't be translated, I would for sure understand nothing. From some dramas, you still get what happenes even if you only understand 5% of what is being talked about but in this drama, we would all be lost. 

 

I don't know if I like it or not... For now I am not a big fan of how this whole drama is unfolding but I must admit I started skipping a lot and that really is not helping at all. I am still trying to determain if it is worth getting into it and starting from the beginning, without skipping. Does not help that iqiyi subs are quite bad...

 

Luo Yun Xi lookin fine thooo

Start from the beginning if not u wont understand what's going on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, rosierosie said:

@hush puppy hey you're back^^!!!!! I guess I"ll keep on watching since you mentioned the story picks up after ep 12 :).

 

Hi rosierosie, which ep are you at now? I'm at ep 26.  Things are heating up.  So hurry, hurry yeah

 

18 hours ago, Kenny said:

This kind of story telling strikes me as 'old school'. There is not much 'happening' but the whole plot seems to be told instead. That is one way to do it... I guess? 

If this drama wouldn't be translated, I would for sure understand nothing. From some dramas, you still get what happenes even if you only understand 5% of what is being talked about but in this drama, we would all be lost. 

 

I don't know if I like it or not... For now I am not a big fan of how this whole drama is unfolding but I must admit I started skipping a lot and that really is not helping at all. I am still trying to determain if it is worth getting into it and starting from the beginning, without skipping. Does not help that iqiyi subs are quite bad...

 

Luo Yun Xi lookin fine thooo

Kenny, That's what I did initially.  Worse, I'm not a fan of both the ML & FL. First time watching both. So I skipped and skipped till ep 12. Then it starts to get engrossing. Give it a try.  If not, you can surrender later.  Luo Yun Xi is alright. No wonder everyone here is enamoured by him.  But I don't like his "makeup" here.  They made him too pale.  And especially when he is so slim, at times he reminds me of  "....."  I better not say it out loud.  Lest I get "roasted".:w00t:      I have no comments on the FL

 

 

Spoiler

 

I enjoyed ep 25. Especially the conversations between SGT and his father. Those Proses of Wisdom from his father are thoughts-provoking.  Which is one of the reasons why I enjoy watching Chinese Dramas.  Let me share some here:

 

1) After using his Master of Divinity skills, SGT's father said:  "西南不利; 东北呈凶". Figuratively it means: "The SW is unfavourable;  The NE is ominous".  The Crown Prince is based at South-West. While Lord Lu at Xiangzhou, North-East. So Literally it means Lord Lu is planning to go on the offensive soon?  Going for the Crown?

 

2) When both father and son are enjoying some tea, SGT's father said:  “荷风送香气‘ 竹露滴清响”.  Figuratively it means: "Lotus breeze sends frangrance;  bamboo dew drops chimes".  Literally it means:  Things are complex; not clear-cut.  They know sth is brewing.  But don't know for sure, from who & where it will come from. Renders them helpless

 

Something comical:

1) I find the opening fighting scene so funny. The disciples of the Hall of Flames form into a Ball of Armoury. Why can't the enemies advance from the sides and continue attacking? Why waste time watching? (Script-writer's fault.  Why can't they think out of the box sometimes. It will not affect the story. Will impress us instead)

 

2) They can fly high beautifully.  But during critical moments, they will not fail to -  "Forget How To Fly".  (Again, I blame the Script-Writer)

 

3) SGT's fan must be made of Super-Strong Paper.  Can fight against swords & physically strong men and not "tear"

 

 

Something Stupid:

Centralised production of Swords??  Who will be so stupid.  Whether in ancient or modern times, who will do that?  Every faction will want to have some warefare-advantage. Some secret weapons; to spring some surprises.  Centralised??  What if they give you faulty swords??   What if you need the swords urgently??

(Script-Writers again)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ @hush puppy yes I'm gonna use the weekend to catch up! This is also my first time watching the ML. I watched the FL in The Love Last Two Minds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting so frustrated with Chong Xue Zhi! She is so hard on Tou.  I know he hasn't revealed the big secret of him being abused by his father's wife and the Sword people ... but dang! He has chosen her over and over again, he has been with her and not with the crazy chick, he is willing to die for her, and yet, she hears something from his past and BAM! its over! 

 

Mu Yuan is a coward for not mentioning to Xue Zhi how good Tou has been to her and the Sect (unless I missed it).  Why, why, why!  Unless Mu Yuan is going bad.....

 

How many more time is Tou going to be hurt or dead because of her lack of trust in him. By the way, I like this drama.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Mu Yuan will go bad. Xue Zhi is also getting on my nerves, there’s a limit to be mad for “you don’t trust me”. Really, in last episode she telling him to go to the other lady sounded like jealousy, if there’s a scene, and I believe it will, that Fengzi tells her the truth and Xue Zhi goes to Tou like “tebudi, tebudi” right after I’m gonna be mad, because Tou told her a lot of times the truth but then she goes and believe what everybody else says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In end of ep28 How SGT got flower on arm when he go to save CXZ ? what is 芙蓉心经 mean when CXZ's second father explain to SGT? "芙蓉心经" English translate mean is "Lotus Heart Sutra"

 

what is Prince Xue Lie (Crown Prince Brother) want from SGT?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this article on the net, and would like to share it here.  It seems to confirm that it is not wrong for most viewers (including myself) for not liking it at first.  This drama warms up slowly. 

I applaud (I wish there is an "applaud" emoji here)  Luo Yun Xi for having done a good job here. (Although I don't know who is "Run Yu" and which drama "he" is from:blink:)

 

I have not watch eps 27 & 28 yet.  So will join you all later.  This thread is too quiet.  Let's make it comes alive!

 

"Huge Fire on the Moon" broke through 250 million broadcasts, and the beginning was spit out and won praise in the later period.

 

 

"And The Winner Is Love" broke through 250 million broadcasts. It was heavily criticised at the beginning, but won praise in the later period.

Recently, the online drama  "And The Winner Is Love"  {** I insert this line about the title, i.e..... I prefer the literally translated meaning of "Heavy Fire on the Moon".  Union of Fire (CXZ) and Moon (SGT):P} starring Luo Yunxi and Chen Yuqi broke through 250 million views, unconsciously becoming one of the most popular online dramas in recent days. In the beginning, the drama received a lot of controversy. For example, the rhythm is a bit procrastinating, the shape is also crashed, the special effects are cheap, and the settings are Facebook. However, it is now somewhat low-open and high-going. After many of the audiences accepted the settings, they began to enjoy it's "true fragrance".

 

As a matter of fact, "And The Winner Is Love" is an IP drama. It is regarded as the conscience of the industry in terms of adaptation. The original book is an ancient novel, and some of its personalities and values are difficult to be recognized today. Therefore, when it is going to be produced, many netizens are confused. Can the novel plot really be broadcast smoothly? As a result, the screenwriter adjusted the story line. The most obvious adaptation is the improvement of the male lead Shangguantou

v2-d9a89539db098ad699175f884117d2c3_720w.jpg

 

 

In the original works, Shang Shangguan was really romantic and emotionally entangled, and this kind of prodigal line was not accepted by the public. However, Shang Guantuo played by Luo Yunxi is a camouflage.  Shang Guantuo as a flirt is just a mask to protect himself.  The heroine Chong Xuezhi has a simple personality and is straightforward. After being rescued by Shangguantou three to five times, she was enamoured by him, and then she confessed to Guanguanto with great joy, but she was directly rejected.

 

From this part, it can be seen that the new couple of Shangguantou is more serious about his feelings. Although he is also interested in Chongxuezhi, he did not realize this, and because of his life experience, he could not open himself to others, so he refused. They separated.  Chong Xuezhi let go of the emotions and focus on the cause without any pretentiousness. When she was injured, she wanted to clear her relationship with Shangguan, so she did not want him to help.  So she said: "It has nothing to do with you."

 

However, the two soon came back sweetly. Shangguan no longer talked about what was wrong. Instead, some time after the reunion, he expressed his conscience to Chong Xuezhi, first expressed regret for refusing the confession, and then affirmed that she has always been on his mind. And the proposal of marriage, completely making up for the tears the audience had shed before.

 

Luo Yunxi's interpretation of Shangguantuo is very good. At first, his romantic and suaveness was sultry. From the first sight, he saved the beauty, and flirted with Xuezhi's eyes. At this time, Shangguantuo had some temptations. He did not believe in the world. Is there a person with such a simple heart? When he came to understand Chong Xuezhi's nature, he began to take it seriously. Finally bravely confess and restore true love. His emotions  have to change a lot, but Luo Yunxi's Shangguan Tou interpreted them well.

 

This role change is actually full of difficulties. If the face value is not high enough when performing a romantic role, if the acting skills are not good enough, it is easy to mis-portray Shangguantuo as a sex maniac.  But Luo Yunxi’s own temperament tempers the discomfort that it initially conveys to everyone. . In addition, "And The Winner Is Love" is not only a romance drama, but also a martial arts drama. Shangguan Tou is also a famous master on the rivers and lakes. This means that Luo Yunxi needs to show the character's momentum, and simultaneously shows tension with his eyes.

 

Coupled with Luo Yunxi's blessings in dance skills for many years, he can make his play tricks flow. Therefore, although the character shape is very similar to the previous classic character "Run Yu", the aggressiveness of Shang Guantuo performed by Luo Yunxi is completely different from the gentleness of Run Yu.

 

Although "And The Winner Is Love" has not been broadcast more than halfway, it has gradually entered the best situation. Afterwards, the plot will still be based on the relationship between the official and Chong Xuezhi. However, there should be another abuse point. In the play, the dispute between Shangguantuo and Lin Fengzi seems to have earned another wave of tears.

 

Therefore, viewers who have initially commented negatively on "And The Winner Is Love", should pay attention to its current performance, which will definitely change everyone's initial thoughts.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking forward to this week episodes but it looks like they dont help move the story along at all filling in the blanks episodes so sad cause next week love a lifetime starts 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tarjig said:

I am getting so frustrated with Chong Xue Zhi! She is so hard on Tou.  I know he hasn't revealed the big secret of him being abused by his father's wife and the Sword people ... but dang! He has chosen her over and over again, he has been with her and not with the crazy chick, he is willing to die for her, and yet, she hears something from his past and BAM! its over! 

 

Mu Yuan is a coward for not mentioning to Xue Zhi how good Tou has been to her and the Sect (unless I missed it).  Why, why, why!  Unless Mu Yuan is going bad.....

 

How many more time is Tou going to be hurt or dead because of her lack of trust in him. By the way, I like this drama.

 

Dear tarjig, yes. Mu Yuan is a coward.  I believe he will go "dark" eventually. 

1) Back at Huashan, he looks like he has lost it.  When he thought that CXZ was already dead, he went beserked & embarked on a "killing spree". 

2) When he saw SGT hugging CXZ, he was so jealous.  He should tell CXZ about SGT.  But then that will not be Mu Yuan - who is, like you said - a coward.

3) At Huashan, SGT was in a rage too, but he remained rational.  Uppermost in his mind, was CXZ's safety.  The only thing I don't like about him then is - to believe Feng Cheng's promise that he will release CXZ if SGT sacrifice himself.  Feng Cheng will never keeps his words. But then, he has no choice. Thks god, his bodyguard arrived in time.

4) CXZ's vow at their Hall of Flames Ancestral Hall - to always fight alongside her brother Mu Yuan does not help either.  It only fanned Mu Yuan already growing obsession.  I fear for SGT

 

 

20 hours ago, Nat_93 said:

I think Mu Yuan will go bad. Xue Zhi is also getting on my nerves, there’s a limit to be mad for “you don’t trust me”. Really, in last episode she telling him to go to the other lady sounded like jealousy, if there’s a scene, and I believe it will, that Fengzi tells her the truth and Xue Zhi goes to Tou like “tebudi, tebudi” right after I’m gonna be mad, because Tou told her a lot of times the truth but then she goes and believe what everybody else says.

 

Hi Nat_93, yes. agreed.  Mu Yuan will definitely go "dark".  A jealous person will always do that.  In fact, I find Mu Yuan to be a better version of Feng Zi.  Both are obssessed with their Love Beans.  Feng Zi showed it in a stupid way. Mu Yuan does his in a more subdued, calculated way. 

 

As for CXZ, I don't quite like her character.  She has not really grown.  Not just as a lover, but also as a Martials Sect Leader.  She is immatured in both Love and as a Sect Leader.  I have to say Mu Yuan is more suitable as a Sect Leader

 

If CXZ truly loves SGT, - I understand if she is angry for a few weeks.  But not after so long. She should sought his explanation and makes her final decision after that. At times, I wish SGT will stop being so patient with her;  just give up on her and see what she will do.

 

There are things, that hurt so bad, that one just cannot simply divulge to another.  Especially when they are a New Couple.  In times to come, when their love is more Stable, I am sure SGT will definitely tell her.  She has to give him time, earn his trust.

 

17 hours ago, Cathy Tran said:

In end of ep28 How SGT got flower on arm when he go to save CXZ ? what is 芙蓉心经 mean when CXZ's second father explain to SGT? "芙蓉心经" English translate mean is "Lotus Heart Sutra"

 

what is Prince Xue Lie (Crown Prince Brother) want from SGT?  

There are 2 parts: 1) Lotus Wing and 2) Lotus Sutra (Heart).  Lotus Wing is purely a Martial Art - a supreme one. One has to combine both, in order to practise safely.  CXZ's father didn't know. He only practise Lotus Wing and thus went beserked

 

Lotus Sutra is a rare method for inner strength practice and to heal impaired Qi. When SGT risked his Life to save CXZ, he got himself hurt and thus ignited the effect of Lotus Sutra.  But when self-healing is initiated, not only will the injured feel pain on their bones but a Dark Red Lotus Pattern will also appear on their veins

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

 

Dear tarjig, yes. Mu Yuan is a coward.  I believe he will go "dark" eventually. 

1) Back at Huashan, he looks like he has lost it.  When he thought that CXZ was already dead, he went beserked & embarked on a "killing spree". 

2) When he saw SGT hugging CXZ, he was so jealous.  He should tell CXZ about SGT.  But then that will not be Mu Yuan - who is, like you said - a coward.

3) At Huashan, SGT was in a rage too, but he remained rational.  Uppermost in his mind, was CXZ's safety.  The only thing I don't like about him then is - to believe Feng Cheng's promise that he will release CXZ if SGT sacrifice himself.  Feng Cheng will never keeps his words. But then, he has no choice. Thks god, his bodyguard arrived in time.

4) CXZ's vow at their Hall of Flames Ancestral Hall - to always fight alongside her brother Mu Yuan does not help either.  It only fanned Mu Yuan already growing obsession.  I fear for SGT

 

 

 

Hi Nat_93, yes. agreed.  Mu Yuan will definitely go "dark".  A jealous person will always do that.  In fact, I find Mu Yuan to be a better version of Feng Zi.  Both are obssessed with their Love Beans.  Feng Zi showed it in a stupid way. Mu Yuan does his in a more subdued, calculated way. 

 

As for CXZ, I don't quite like her character.  She has not really grown.  Not just as a lover, but also as a Martials Sect Leader.  She is immatured in both Love and as a Sect Leader.  I have to say Mu Yuan is more suitable as a Sect Leader

 

If CXZ truly loves SGT, - I understand if she is angry for a few weeks.  But not after so long. She should sought his explanation and makes her final decision after that. At times, I wish SGT will stop being so patient with her;  just give up on her and see what she will do.

 

There are things, that hurt so bad, that one just cannot simply divulge to another.  Especially when they are a New Couple.  In times to come, when their love is more Stable, I am sure SGT will definitely tell her.  She has to give him time, earn his trust.

 

There are 2 parts: 1) Lotus Wing and 2) Lotus Heart.  Lotus Wing is purely a Martial Art - a supreme one. One has to combine both, in order to practise safely.  CXZ's father didn't know. He only practise Lotus Wing and thus went beserked

 

Lotus Sutra is a rare method for inner strength practice and to heal impaired Qi. When SGT risked his Life to save CXZ, he ignited the effect of Lotus Sutra.  But when self-healing is initiated, not only will the injured will feel pain on their bones but a Dark Red Lotus Pattern will also appear on their veins

 

I feel you just told it how it was lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on EP 15, and that so far it has gotten better. That old Mr. Yuwen is so irratating with his ways to convinced his grandson Muyuan to be the leader of Hall of Flame lol. I get it that his son got killed by FL's dad, but it probably wasn't intentional. The scene where ST talked with his dad was bittersweet, Leo executed those emotions and feelings so well. I feel his childhood backstory, sad and no child should ever grew up being hated. Yay, our FL is stronger now, it's good to see her have stronger power so she can kick some richard simmons and save some richard simmons!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

I'm on EP 15, and that so far it has gotten better. That old Mr. Yuwen is so irratating with his ways to convinced his grandson Muyuan to be the leader of Hall of Flame lol. I get it that his son got killed by FL's dad, but it probably wasn't intentional. The scene where ST talked with his dad was bittersweet, Leo executed those emotions and feelings so well. I feel his childhood backstory, sad and no child should ever grew up being hated. Yay, our FL is stronger now, it's good to see her have stronger power so she can kick some richard simmons and save some richard simmons!

Hi rosierosie, yes.  Leo is a good Actor.  He emotes feelings very well, especially sad, tortured feelings

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've finished the whole drama already.  So.... time to bid Farewell

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

I've finished the whole drama already.  So.... time to bid Farewell

How?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...